Grey Dog Software is pleased to announce the planned release date for Total Extreme Wrestling 2020. The trial public beta of TEW2020 will be released on Thursday, April 23. The trial will allow a limited amount of gameplay per save game. Save games can be continued with the full version of the game.
The full version of TEW2020 will be released around Friday, May 15. The price will be $34.95 and the game will be exclusively released via elicense and direct download from the Grey Dog Software site. In this version, Adam has completely taken the game apart, rewritten the underlying architecture, and then put each feature back in one-by-one, revamping and upgrading as he went along. The end result is that while you’re still going to recognize the game as being part of the TEW series, it’s effectively a much sharper, quicker, more intuitive, better quality piece of work.
Here are some features in the new version:
- New contract structure, ticket pricing process and merchandising plans.
- Attendance levels are now directly impacted by the star names on a show and a much more streamlined match booking approach.
- Playing as child companies. This mode works in the same way as running a normal company, except that the player must deal with several extra challenges in dealing with the parent company (development workers, call workers up, fire workers, and the parent blocking certain actions).
- TEW2020 is going to be at a 1366×768 resolution ,which means that it’s physically wider than previous games.
- Feature on-the-fly booking for the first time. This means that when you’re running a show you can “drop out” of the live event and back to the booking screen whenever you like.
- Each event can be given an intent; this tells the game how it is being promoted to the fans and what its aim is. The four levels are Normal (like prior versions), Lesser, Tour, and Throwaway.
- Attributes will be making their debut in 2020. Attributes are essentially tags that can be assigned to workers to give them specific quirks or abilities.
- Experience for each worker has been added. Experience affects a worker’s in-ring performance; the more experienced a worker is, the better he is able to cope with problems and mistakes when they happen. This also allows workers to mitigate poor booking.
- Comes with a detailed editor that allows you to alter any aspect of the game world. Edit existing worlds or create your own!
- New feature which turns a save game directly into a new database. It’s located in the Options menu (right above the existing button to make an MDB file). The resulting database then works like any other mod – you can edit it via the main editor, use it to launch new games, etc.