ThunderVerse 2016 Diamond Release Thread
THUNDERVERSE 2016 DIAMOND EDITION RELEASE THREAD
Current Version: DMND 1.02
(LATEST DATA IS AVAILABLE IN THE THREAD'S SECOND POST)
Created by The ThunderVerse Team*
Based on the original 2010 mod by jhd1 & Shmoe
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland
"In recognition of its extraordinary quality and the massive amount of effort that its creative team put into it, I'm pleased to announce that I and Grey Dog Software are giving the ThunderVerse our official 'seal of approval', the first time we've done this for a fan-made database. I hope this encourages more people to play it and experience this great game world." - Adam Ryland
The ThunderVerse is a fan-made mod for TEW2013 that has been available, in some form or other, since 2012 and TEW2010. Much like the Cverse, the ThunderVerse features fictional characters and wrestling promotions, while offering a different universe to play.
This is the Diamond Edition of the ThunderVerse - it has been adjusted and tweaked into what we believe is not only the most in-depth version of the mod, but also the most accurate to our vision. As such, there are some changes that previous ThunderVerse players will notice (some of which are listed below), but this version of the mod is the only one that should be considered "canon". This is also the last* "canon" mod.
*We reserve our right to potentially change our minds in the future.
The main idea behind the ThunderVerse is to offer the player choice (and of course fun!), and there should be something for everyone in the universe we have created, particularly as it now spans all seven of the game's regions.
WHAT IS NEW
- Platinum had close to 2400 workers in it, we've expanded this to close to 2700 workers in Diamond with a leap from 86 yet to debut workers to 146!
- The game world has naturally progressed since Platinum!
- The mod has been fitted with extensive injury histories, mask & hair histories and other 2016 exclusive goodies to flesh out the world as much as we possibly can.
- All promotion bios now start with "Location X, Y" as a definitive point for where each promotion's "home" is.
TIPS, TRICKS & NOTES
-With the new mechanics introduced in TEW2013 I think Worker Generation being on is a must for the mod. In 2010 (where the AI created workers weren't always as strong) we successfully tested ten years with it set to Low, so how many new workers you want is entirely up to you.
-By the same token, I would leave Regens on. Sure, it's a bit odd seeing a 19 year-old Terry Thunder but it helps to world flow, especially with the new Legacy settings.
-The bigger Japanese promotions have already had their rosters split into Heavyweight and Junior Divisions for ease of use via the filter system. We have elected to not use the weight split mechanic as testing showed it was destroying the indies. #KeepTheIndiesAlive
-All Become A Star participants are graduates of the Become A Star dojo. It is no longer active, but by filtering the dojo page by Retired/Inactive you'll find it. Double clicking on the name will open said individual's bio, so you can quickly hire all 23 should you so wish. Similarly, the GAW Return Of A Legend competition entries are graduates of a dojo of the same name.
-For people who are using their own promotion, or would like to add an additional belt to their current promotion, MJStark has kindly provided a number of generic title belts that are included within the ThunderVerse download.
- Some characters from Platinum no longer exist, these characters were removed purely because the team felt their journey had came to an end. Whilst we are aware that the Out of Business setting can cover this, we decided that some people just wouldn't make the jump between 2013 and 2016.
- Also included will be some generic logos, the title belt and stable pngs that have been produced as well as "old" renders. It's human nature to not like a new render. WARNING: If you use any of the "Last Gen Pics" please don't post stating you have a picture not matching up with alts and such. If you use the last gen pics, you run the risk of somethings potentially being out of the loop.
We would appreciate it if people did not make a mirror of any release of the ThunderVerse - this allows us to keep control of which version is available and, in theory, to keep the mod to this forum. As I'm sure you understand, a lot of work has gone into this and we would like to retain its control!
We would also appreciate it if anyone who wants to use the Thunderverse for any sort of Thunderverse expansion mods sends a message to MHero
*The ThunderVerse Team is Eastwood, James0, jhd1, MHero, MJStark, RareKuma, Sebsplex, Shmoe, and TheEnforcer. A huge thanks also goes to Diamond version testers Bigpapa42, Tiberious, packerman120, TheSwanton and SWF Fan.
The ThunderVerse and it's sister projects, the LotharioVerse and ROTW, could not have been created without the help of 20LEgend, Andy_Kobain, angeldelayette, Bigpapa42, Eastwood, Kamchatka, LoNdOn, Tigerkinney and Trell.
We would also like to thank Weidt for allowing the ThunderVerse to feature a few crossovers with his excellent WMMA3 mod, the Weidtverse.
Finally, a big thank you to Sockpuppet for allowing the use of his excellent Injury Mod within the ThunderVerse.
Last edited by MHero : 09-19-2016 at 11:22 AM.