Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > World of Mixed Martial Arts 4 > World of Mixed Martial Arts 4 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-23-2014, 10:34 AM
Rookie

Lightbulb Real World January 1997 Mod Beta Release

Here's my first attempt at a WMMA4 mod. I was going to do an earlier mod but the lack of one night tournaments put me off that for the minute. I've decided to go with January 1997 as the starting date over September like my WMMA3 mod for a number of reasons:

- Rogan & Goldie joining the UFC
- PRIDE starting business operations
- Build up to first ever UFC Heavyweight Title Fight
- January start date should make 1997 EOY awards a bit more accurate
- Start of the "Blackout" of the UFC. I've nerfed the American economy to simulate this
- Less work for me :P
- I'm a huge Mark Coleman fan and I don't want him starting on a loss :L

The playable companies at the start of the game are PRIDE, UFC and Pancrase.

Please post any errors in this thread so I can get them corrected. I'm open to any and all criticism so fire ahead. I haven't had a chance to properly test this myself as I wanted to get this out before Xmas. Before conversion I was quite happy with the playability on WMMA3 so hopefully it works ok on the new engine.

Also as a sidenote I have Shooto debuting later than they actually debuted because it was at that point in time I feel they became a factor in the global MMA rankings scheme. This is most certainly open to debate though. Generally I have companies debuting a bit ahead of time so they have time to set up their rosters and prepare for their first show

If this proves successful my overall ambition is to create a range of historical scenarios set during the first PRIDE OW GP, the UFC/PRIDE merger etc. based off this database so the more errors we find now the better future mods will be.

Oh I'm not very gifted with pictures so I haven't included a pic pack but I use Jippers Pic Pack myself and for the most part the data matches up with it.

Also Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c9...y93o/WMMA4.mdb

Copying and pasting this file to the Program Files/GDS/WMMA4/Databases/X folder should get it working where "X" is the name you've chosen for the database when setting it up.

Big thank you to Lucien for his Dawn of MMA mod which helped form the skeleton for the world of my mod, to Tag for his awesome mods which helped inspire this endeavour and to Jipper for his great Pic pack and also to Adam for making these awesome games which have provided an obscene amount of entertainment.

EDIT: I'm currently working on the marketability aspect of the game as I had previously nerfed all fighters marketability to improve the playability of the Mod on WMMA3.
I've also made the same mistake as last time by legalising elbows in PRIDE :L Sorry!

Also feel free to use this mod or any of the elements in it as a base for future mods but if you could drop me a message to let me know I'd be very grateful.

Last edited by WECNeverDie : 12-26-2014 at 05:30 PM.
Unread 12-23-2014, 12:14 PM
Minor League

This is fantastic! I absolutely loved PRIDE FC, so I'm looking forward to playing a game with them and rewriting a li'l history. Thank you for this. I'm digging the use of attributes.

I found Jipper's thread but I cannot get his firedrive link to work. Do you have a link for his pic pack? That would be greatly appreciated.
Unread 12-23-2014, 12:54 PM
Minor League

Really appreciate this man, thank you so much. I hope someone on the boards is working on a good pic pack for all the old school fighers to new school for these classic mods. You're awesome buddy.
Unread 12-24-2014, 12:57 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyaji View Post
I found Jipper's thread but I cannot get his firedrive link to work. Do you have a link for his pic pack? That would be greatly appreciated.
Yeah im having the same problem
Unread 12-24-2014, 07:45 PM
Rookie

Sorry didn't realise the link to Jipper's pic pack was down. It appears he hasn't been online since May, I've sent him a message asking for permission to send out the pack since I've slightly modified the pack I have with some of Iceisle's work and I'd rather not release something under his name that he hadn't approved.

Any other modders know what would be the correct procedure here? :S
Unread 12-25-2014, 06:43 AM
Phenom

I might be mistaken, but I believe Adam once changed the rules and said everything made for the WMMA games had to be "public" and could be modified etc. by anyone in order to get more mods done. Something like that, I think it was when WMMA 3 came along. So I don't think technically you need permission.
Unread 12-25-2014, 12:44 PM
Rookie

I think you have the spirit of what he would like people to take, but you do need permission...

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...89&postcount=1
Unread 12-25-2014, 02:16 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEWFan View Post
I might be mistaken, but I believe Adam once changed the rules and said everything made for the WMMA games had to be "public" and could be modified etc. by anyone in order to get more mods done. Something like that, I think it was when WMMA 3 came along. So I don't think technically you need permission.
That's the case with comic book hero only.
Unread 12-26-2014, 05:31 PM
Rookie

Updated.

-Broadcaster requirements have been corrected
-more thorough EOY awards and thus achievements
-minor changes to era, teams, pregame results, characters, regions
Unread 12-26-2014, 06:30 PM
Minor League

I haven't been able to really take a closer look at this (though I'm sure I will - very interesting point to jump into the world of MMA!), just one brief note: Unless I'm completely off base, the Fertittas and Dana White should not be the UFC owners in 1997 - they wouldn't buy the company until four years later.

If memory and a quick glance at wikipedia serve, the owners should probably be Bob Meyrowitz and Art Davie. Also, John Peretti was the matchmaker (translating into CEO in game-terms, I'd say) at some point, but I'm not entirely sure when he started.
Unread 12-26-2014, 07:01 PM
Rookie

You're right but as there's no way to properly simulate the Zuffa takeover to my knowledge I've chosen to start the game off with Zuffa in charge of the UFC
Unread 12-26-2014, 07:43 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by WECNeverDie View Post
You're right but as there's no way to properly simulate the Zuffa takeover to my knowledge I've chosen to start the game off with Zuffa in charge of the UFC
Ah, gotcha. I can certainly understand that.
Unread 12-28-2014, 03:29 PM
Rookie

Really cool. I'm going to check this out!
Unread 01-02-2015, 01:51 PM
Low Minors

I haven't been active but I'm still around. You guys are free to do anything with my work that helps out. I'll look tonight and see if I have the pic pack laying around to repost myself if no one beat me to it. Cheers.
Unread 01-02-2015, 07:04 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jipper16 View Post
I haven't been active but I'm still around. You guys are free to do anything with my work that helps out. I'll look tonight and see if I have the pic pack laying around to repost myself if no one beat me to it. Cheers.
Oh snap Jipper's back hey buddy.