Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-20-2020, 07:15 PM
All Star

Very solid NWO to4sty. Nice feeling that we generally have an idea where everyone is going for Mania - should make a wild finish to this dynasty. Big surprise seeing Hall go over Steiner. I get the "an eye for an eye" storyline with Nash, but I wonder how it impacts Hall. I have him penciled in in a tag with Sean Pac against the MDC - but a win over Steiner is a huge deal! Wonder if you have bigger plans for him than I thought...

Steve Austin vs. Ric Flair
Comments:

WWF European Championship Match
Booker T (c) vs. Jeff Jarrett
Comments: Holy crap - the MDC lost! So... I'm guessing NOD help him return to form tonight.

Scorpio vs. Savio Vega
Comments:

Scott Hall vs. Rich Steiner
Comments:

Marty Jannetty vs. Stevie Ray
Comments:

Al Snow & Chris Candido vs. The Dogs of War (not gonna lie, I forgot I had these guys under contract)
Comments: Got a gut feeling these Dogs of War characters would are going over here brother brother...

Preview for WCW Monday Nitro: Week 4, February 1998

Sting vs. Buff Bagwell
Comments:

Diamond Dallas Page & Chris Benoit vs. Lance Storm & Lord Steven Regal
Comments:

Rick Martel vs. Curt Hennig
Comments:

The Forgotten vs. Adam Copeland & Christian Cage
Comments: Are we sure The Forgotten aren't The Dogs of War?

Mike Awesome
vs. VK Wallstreet
Comments:

Ray Traylor vs. Randy Savage
Comments:
Unread 01-21-2020, 03:55 PM
Living Legend

Steve Austin vs. Ric Flair
Comments:

WWF European Championship Match
Booker T (c) vs. Jeff Jarrett
Comments:

Scorpio vs. Savio Vega
Comments:

Scott Hall vs. Rich Steiner
Comments:

Marty Jannetty vs. Stevie Ray
Comments:

Al Snow & Chris Candido vs. The Dogs of War (not gonna lie, I forgot I had these guys under contract)
Comments:

Preview for WCW Monday Nitro: Week 4, February 1998

Sting vs. Buff Bagwell
Comments:

Diamond Dallas Page & Chris Benoit vs. Lance Storm & Lord Steven Regal
Comments:

Rick Martel vs. Curt Hennig
Comments:

The Forgotten vs. Adam Copeland & Christian Cage
Comments:

Mike Awesome vs. VK Wallstreet
Comments:

Ray Traylor vs. Randy Savage
Comments:
Unread 01-27-2020, 06:04 PM
Major League

Week 4, February 1998
Pyramid Arena (Memphis, Tennessee)
ATT: 18,379
TV: 38.52

Quote:

.....:::::!!!!!GONG!!!!!:::::.....

.....we open up tonight's episode on Raw is War much the same way that we closed last nights No Way Out event.....with a Gong.....last night however, when that final gong sounded our Brothers of Destruction we're laying flat on their backs in the middle of the ring.....

.....they're not flat on their backs now.....

.....now they're marching to the ring.....and they seem to be marching with purpose.....

.....the brothers are joined by the portly figure that is Paul Bearer as they climb into the ring.....and as well as carrying his ever present urn, Bearer has a microphone which he hands to the Deadman.....

.....the Undertaker made (what should have been) his triumphant return last night, coming to the aid of his brother in the closing moments of No Way Out.....but while he DID succeed in saving his brother from a brutal four in one attack, his moment of triumph was ruined by the Deity of the Damned....because Raven finally showed the world who his recent rants had been aimed towards, when he unleashed a steel chair attack on the Deadman, which left him down and out beside his brother.....

.....Paul Bearer takes the mic first, speaking not for The Undertaker but for his (mute) brother Kane.....Bearer says that the Big Red Monster had visions of not only standing here tonight as the WWF Champion, but visions of standing here tonight over the charred remains of Brian Pillman.....obviously he's not.....but that's not because Brian Pillman was the BETTER man, but because of ONE man.....

".....or rather, one manKIND.....

.....Bearer says that Mankind cost Kane the WWF Title, but ultimately he cost himself so much more.....because that indiscretion will cost Mankind.....Dude Love.....Cactus Jack.....whatever identity that Mick Foley wants to send out.....that indiscretion will cost him his very soul.....

.....the Deadman takes the microphone from there, saying that sometimes, even after all this time, sometimes people can still surprise him.....

".....and sometimes.....the arrogance of man astounds me.....

.....Raven.....you may call yourself the Deity of the Damned, but make no mistake boy.....Deity you are NOT.....all you are is a mortal man standing at the gates of hell, wondering whether or not you've really got it in you to knock....."

.....The Undertaker says that Raven not only knocked.....but he saved Brian Pillman's Soul in the process.....he says that Brian Pillman had a date with the reaper.....the pale rider was coming for him AND the World Title.....but now, even THAT has become less of a priority.....

".....because Raven.....you DID knock.....you knocked, the gates of hell opened and the Lord of Darkness himself answered......you say 'come to me, for I can set you free'.....well I say come to me.....and you will Rest.....In.....Pea....."

".....I will do no such thing....."

.....we can HEAR Raven.....but it takes a moment to locate him.....because he's not walking down the aisle, or broadcasting from backstage on the titantron.....the camera's DO finally find him (along with Jake Roberts) high up in the arena, about as far away from the Undertaker as you can possibly get.....

.....Raven tells Taker not to bother finishing that little catchphrase of his, because this Deity of the Damned has never known peace a day in his life, he's not about to start now.....

".....see 'Deadman', you can call me a mortal.....you can call me a boy.....but I'm so much more.....I'm both an ideal AND an enigma.....I'm the dark place where monsters fear to tread, but i'm also the haven for life's lost and broken toys.....YOU'RE a broken toy Deadman.....

.....the once mythical Undertaker, burdened by the banality of brotherhood.....you, the dark side of the World Wrestling Federation, so easily cast asunder by a lunatic on a power trip.....'the Phenom'.....'the Lord of Darkness'.....the scared little boy desperate for the approval of his adoptive father figure and the rekindling of a shattered sibling bond.....

.....it's sickening.....

.....Undertaker.....I can introduce you to the next chapter in your macabre tale.....I can strip away the mortality and return you to the Monster you once were.....I can cast off the ties that bind you.....no more protective son.....no more big brother.....only the Lord of Darkness.....kneeling at my right hand.....

.....abandon hope and cast off your last shred of humanity.....walk with me.....walk with me through my cleansing waters, you can be reborn.....walk with me through my Wounded Wonderland, you can be immortal.....

.....walk with me.....for I can set you free.....

.....come to me.....before I come to you......

.....Quote the Raven.....Nevermore......"

.....come to me indeed.....not that I'm sure how The Undertaker could GET to Raven, he's not exactly in a normal location.....I guess he's going to try though, because on that note, both the Undertaker and Kane decide to head to the back.....

.....so let's air a recap package of last nights event, before we head down to ringside for our first match......

Rating: A*

Quote:

.....as Al Snow is back in familiar territory, pairing up once again (after his little failed stint with Billy Gunn) with his usual partner Chris Candido.....

.....he's facing a team here that he actually knows very well, having faced them on a number of occasions back when they were members of Ravens Flock.....its Wrath.....it's Crush.....it's (a team that I genuinely forgot I had on roster) the Dogs of War.....

.....truthfully, I should probably be doing more with the DoW.....sure, they're hardly the best workers in the world, but they're two decent brawlers who could certainly be better utilised than they have been.....

.....of course, with that being said I did just say that I forgot I even had them on the roster, so while I SHOULD be doing more with them, it won't be this week.....this week they're going to do the job, after Wrath got his brains scrambled getting a little bit of Head from Skippy.....

.....wait, that doesn't sound right at all.....

.....Chris Candido waited for an opportune moment (mainly when the official was distracted by Snow and Crush going at it) to crash Snow's mannequin head over the skull of the much bigger Wrath.....and that was enough to give our oddball pairing the win.....

Winner(s): Al Snow & Chris Candido
Rating: B-

Quote:

.....Candido celebrates his victory, but the voice of Al Snow cuts him off.....clearly whatever Al has planned he didn't run past his partner first, because Candido looks as curious as this crowd as to what the unpredictable Al is going to say.....

.....Al starts by telling his partner to apologise to Head for manhandling her.....

"......you used her and abused her.....there was no need to manhandle her like th....what?....no, I'm not saying that.....because it's not a word for one.....no it's not.....ITS NOT....IT'S N, you know what, whatever.....Chris, Head says that there was no need for you to man-head-le her like that....."

".....no need for what now?....."

".....no need for you to man-head-le her....."

".....Al, I.....I don't even know what that means....."

".....man-head-le.....it's like manhandle, but she doesn't have hands.....she's a head.....so it's man-head-le....."

".....ok.....ok, so shouldn't that be WOman-head-le? She is a she isn't she?....."

".....I don't know.....hang on, I'll ask.....wait, shouldn't that be WOman-head-le?.....it should?.....YES.....YES Chris.....how dare you Woman-head-le her like that?.....apologise.....immediately!....."

".....Al, I'm not apologising to a mannequin head....."

".....I'm not talking to you until you do....."

".....is that a promise?....."

".....I'm serious....."

".....so am I.....IS that a promise? Because that's the best news I've heard all week....."

".....talk to the hand....."

".....don't you mean the Head?....."

"..............."

.....true to his word, Al refuses point blank to answer Candido, which suits Candido fine because it means he can head to the back.....Snow breaks his silence then, quickly calling his partner back to make his announcement.....before inviting the team of Dustin Rhodes and Marc Mero out, as well as the New Age Outlaws.....

.....ask and you shall receive.....as the two equally confused teams make their way out, and everyone (with the exception of Al Snow) looks ready to fight.....

.....tempers start to flare (after all, Rhodes and Mero are part of the reason that Billy Gunn doesn't have one half of the tag team titles ring now) and it looks like these three teams are about to explode.....again.....at least until Al Snow tells everyone to stop.....

.....he says that he thinks he has a problem to everyone's solutions.....

".....because for weeks and months now it's been the same thing.....it's been Snow and Skippy, the Super Friends (CandidSnow if you will) trying to get the tag team titles.....it's been Dusty and Nikita, the Super Powers trying to get the tag team titles.....it's been Gunn and Dogg, the Super Tools trying to get the tag titles.....and we just keep going round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and....."

.....Candido slaps his partner in the back, telling him to get on with it.....so that's exactly what happens, as Snow tells everyone to check out the Titantron.....

.....where we get a replay of the pre-match promo that our tag team champions cut ahead of their title defence last night.....

.....specifically THIS part of the promo from Arn Anderson.....

".....now you can all keep on bickering amongst each other, that's absolutely fine.....but you'd better be arguing about who's the SECOND best team in the World Wrestling Federation, because make no mistake, whether it's Flair and Anderson against Candido and Snow, the New Age Outlaws, Dustin Rhodes and Marc Mero, or all six of you at once, the result is going to be the same.....the same as it's been for a decade and a half, no matter the opponent, no matter the match.....you lose, we win.....it's just that simple....."

.....Snow says that the solution is obvious.....since we are already set to have a multi-man WWF Title match at Wrestlemania (and since Flair and Arn are so confident) why not have a multi-team WWF Tag Team Title match at Wrestlemania as well.....they can end this never-ending cycle once and for all.....Ric Flair and Arn Anderson.....vs. The New Age Outlaws vs. Dustin Rhodes and Marc Mero......vs. Al Snow and Chris Candido.....in a Fatal Four Way Match......for (since he's been caught out by this before) the WWF Tag Team Championships.....

.....surprisingly, the two opposing teams appear to love this idea.....and (in a sight we didn't expect to see) as the the three teams head to the back together, the commentators state that Mr. McMahon's Wrestlemania plans just got that little bit more complicated.....

.....at lease that's IF he allows the match to happen......

.....he probably won't though.....

Rating: A

Quote:

.....why don't we find out.....because after a quick recap video of Steve Austin's victory over Owen Hart last night, we head to Michael Cole in the back, who's standing outside the office of the boss man.....

.....no, not Ray Traylor.....I'm talking about THE boss......Vincent Kennedy McMahon.....and judging by the commotion going on inside, he's not a happy man.....

.....Cole says that he's going to try and get word from not only Mr. McMahon, but our WWF Champion Brian Pillman too, before raising his hand to knock, only to pause at the sound of an almighty crash from inside the room, followed by the office door swinging wide open.....as the WWF Champion himself comes storming out of the room.....

.....Pillman barges past Cole (wide eyed and wild haired) almost sending him crashing to the floor, not even breaking stride as he marches away, leaving Michael Cole to quickly gather his composure and ask (the rather stone faced) Vince McMahon if everything is ok?.....

".....well I would think it was rather evident Michael that no.....no, everything is not 'OK'.....

.....Vince says that last night, history was made.....because victories by both Bret Hart and Steve Austin means that for the first time ever, the WWF Champion.....HIS Champion.....will be forced to defend the World Wrestling Federation Championship in the main event of Wrestlemania.....in a triple threat match.....

".....now quite frankly, while that is anything but ideal Michael Cole, the fact that one of those competitors is Steve Austin is simply unacceptable....."

.....McMahon says that if he could remove Steve Austin from this match then he would.....hell, he would have even preferred Bret Hart AND Owen Hart to be in this match, because (while Brian Pillman will walk out of Wrestlemania as Champion regardless) Vince could even stomach a Hart (fluke) win.....ANY Hart fluke win over a Steve Austin fluke victory.....

.....Michael Cole tells McMahon that be that as it may, what's done is done and Steve Austin WILL be in that match.....we know who will be competing for the WWF Title.....what about the WWF TAG TEAM Title? Did Vince see Al Snow's Wrestlemania suggestion?.....

.....we already have a three way WWF Championship Match already scheduled for Wrestlemania......could we possibly go one better and see the WWF Tag Team Titles competed four in a four way ma....."

".....woah, woah, woah.....hold that thought there pal....."

.....apparently (judging by how quickly he cut Michael Cole off) The Nature Boy doesn't sound too keen on the idea of defending HIS title in a multi-man match.....he tells Cole that he heard Al Snow's little proposal.....

".....and I'm telling you now, that's never going to happen....."

.....Flair says that he and Arn have been watching those six idiots fight amongst themselves for weeks now.....months even.....he says that they were bickering about who should get the next shot at these titles back when Harlem Heat still wore the gold.....

".....and look how far it got them.....because WE.....we hold all the gold that matters around here.....and while Brian Pillman might have gotten himself into a little bit of a lose/lose situation, The Enforcer and The Nature Boy have ALWAYS been natural born winners (Woooooooooo) and we didn't go around offering ANY free title shots to get in that situation......

.....Al Snow, I hate to break it to you pal, but you're even crazier than you look if you think we're going to agree to that match.....you want to use Arn Anderson's own words to con your way into the title picture, ain't happening.....use my words pal.....because MY words say, 'to be the man (Wooooooooo) you gotta BEAT the man'......and NONE of you have what it takes to do that, so how about you ALL go to the back of the line....."

.....Vince (who wasn't in the best of moods to begin with) tells Flair that the last time he checked, it was HIM that made the matches around here.....and it was HIM that offered those "free title shots" out that Ric Flair finds so amusing (free title shots that assured Brian Pillman WON the World Wrestling Federation Title to begin with may he add) so let's see how amusing Ric Flair finds this.....

".....because I don't want Steve Austin ANYWHERE near the WWF Title......I don't want him near Brian Pillman, I don't want him near Wrestlemania.....and YOU are all going to make sure that he doesn't, or so help me God you're going to wish you did....."

.....Vince says that the only reason Steve Austin even won the Royal Rumble to begin with, was because Flair and Arn didn't get the job done.....he wanted Austin taking out before he even entered the Royal Rumble match, it didn't happen......

".....tonight.....MAKE IT HAPPEN....."

.....Vince says that tonight, it's going to be Stone Cold Steve Austin facing off against the Nature Boy Ric Flair......and tonight, Flair (and Arn) get to make their own destiny.....because win, lose OR draw, if Steve Austin leaves this arena in one piece, then at Wrestlemania, Vince McMahon will grant Al Snow's request, forcing Flair and Anderson to defend those tag team titles in a fatal four way tag team match.....

".....so I would suggest that you Mr. Flair.....and you Mr. Anderson......make good use of Mankind's tendency towards unadulterated violence....."

.....Vince pauses for a moment, before handing The Enforcer his trusty tyre iron.....

".....because (by the end of this evening) should Mr. Austin become incapacitated enough that he is unable to compete in that WWF Championship match, then by virtue of reward, YOUR Wrestlemania title defence shall be against opponents of YOUR choosing.....

.....as many (or as few) opponents as you wish.....

.....now, if you'll excuse us Michael Cole, I do believe there's a match about to take place, so if you would be so kind as to do your job and send those camera's back to ringside, while you still HAVE a job to do....."

.....with that Vince slams the door shut in Michael Coles face, as our interviewer does indeed send us back down to ringside.....

Quote:

.....where (fresh off his betrayal of his brother last night) Stevie Ray makes his way out with the members of his NEWEST family (the Nation of Domination) to face off against the rarely seen Marty Jannetty.....

.....Marty Jannetty could have perhaps taken a leaf out of his opponents book.....Stevie Ray only officially separated from his partner (and brother) last night, but already he has ditched the Harlem Heat attire to adopt the colours and logo's of the Nation.....Marty Jannetty on the other hand still looks and dresses like he was one half of the Rockers, never really developing his own identity.....

.....so with that being said, it's perhaps no surprise that Stevie Ray won this one.....Marty had a go, he really did, but what limited offence he DID have was put to an end by the Nation members on the outside.....

.....eventually Stevie catches hold of Jannetty and drives his skull into the mat with what looks suspiciously like a modified version of the former Triple H's Pedigree, netting the newest member of the Nation his first win in the yellow, green and red colours.....

Winner: Stevie Ray

Quote:

.....the rest of the Nation join their 'brother' in the ring, where the five men raise their fists in salute, before Ahmed Johnson picks up a microphone.....

.....he says that last night, the Nation of Domination eliminated their weakest link (by ditching Scorpio) and replaced it with a serious upgrade.....

".....because Scorpio, unfortunately for you chump, you about outlived your usefulness the day that Chris Jericho eliminated the Light Heavyweight Title.....you outlived your usefulness when you got your skinny little ass whipped by Bradshaw, and you DEFINITELY outlived your usefulness last night, when you cost the Nation yet another match....."

.....Ahmed says that while Scorpio took his place in the Nation for granted, Stevie Ray EARNED his spot in the Nation by proving that blood is thicker than water.....

".....THIS blood.....NATION blood.....Stevie Ray made the right choice for Stevie Ray, and Stevie Ray about to reap the rewards.....tell em why brother....."

.....there's a loud chorus of boo's as Stevie takes the microphone.....he was never the best talker in the Harlem Heat combination, but he doesn't have to say much here to get the crowd riled up after betraying his brother.....

....he says that after weeks and months of trying to convince his brother to do the right thing, the time was finally right for Stevie to step away from Harlem Heat and start doing things HIS way.....

".....see I ain't no soft ass fruitbooty.....I could give a damn about any of you people but my brother had us out here week in week out, kissing babies and helping old women across the street.....here's a newsflash for you idiots, I done grew up on 110th street.....you don't survive the streets I survived by being a nice guy.....you survive by surviving.....by any means necessary....."

.....Stevie says that he's done just 'surviving'.....it's not time to survive, it's time to thrive and that's exactly what Stevie Ray is going to do.....

".....and that's exactly why I won your punk ass that title last night Booker.....Booker, listen to me real hard and real good.....you didn't listen to me about joining the Nation, but you're gonna hear this sucka.....I want what's mine......I gave you that title, I won that title for you.....now I want the title that I won and I want it at Wrestlemania.....

.....hold that thought.....because apparently the FORMER European Champion has something to say, as Jeff Jarrett makes his way out along with the rest of the Million Dollar Corporation.....

.....DiBiase takes the microphone first, addressing Ahmed Johnson as he tells him that while a war between the Nation and the Corporation would ultimately only hurt BOTH groups, he can rest assured that should the NoD continue to cost the Million Dollar Man money, then he will be forced to take it very, VERY personally.....

.....Ahmed just chuckles at that.....say what you want about Ahmed Johnson but he's faced (and defeated) some of the biggest and the baddest here in the WWF and he's never backed down an inch.....before he can respond though Jeff Jarrett takes the microphone, telling Stevie Ray that he's taking too much credit for something that he had little part in.....

.....he tells Stevie that yes, he may have played a (small) part in the outcome of that match.....but it was the Wolfpac that ultimately cost Double J the European Title, because had Sean Waltman not stuck his little pencil neck into the Corporation business, Stevie Ray wouldn't have been ABLE to interfere in the match, because the Corporation wouldn't have allowed it.....

".....and as for facing your brother for MY European Championship at Wrestlemania, you can have your little family feud....you can face your brother.....but it won't be for the European Title....."

.....Jarrett says that money talks.....and money also buys iron clad contracts and clauses......and the clause that was inserted into every single one of Jeff Jarrett's title defences stated that SHOULD Jarrett lose the title, he would get an automatic rematch at the next available show.....

".....and here's a little heads up boys.....that 'next available show' is right here tonight.....and right here tonight, Old Double J is taking back the gold.....and for what it's worth, you might want to stay away from this one.....because you don't want to p!ss us off.....or you might find yourselves part of a VERY hostile takeover....."

.....looks like we are set for a European Title rematch here tonight then.....although the Nation won't be involved in this one clearly.....after all, the Corporation told them not to.....

.....I'm sure Ahmed and co will listen.....

Quote:

.....from there we air a brief cut scene ahead of our commercial break.....it is only brief, but it's clear what's happening.....

.....it's The Undertaker.....it's Kane.....and they are making sir way through the backstage area with one purpose.....to find Raven.....

.....they're slamming in and out of rooms, tossing equipment around the place and scaring the sh!t out of any backstage workers that they come across, grabbing the petrified staff members by the shirts and demanding that they tell them the whereabouts of the Deity of the Damned.....

.....obviously no body knows, but apparently that's not going to stop them from looking.....Raven told the Undertaker to come to him.....he's trying.....

.....he's just got to find him first.....

.....let's go to commercial.....

Rating: N/A

Quote:

.....we come back and we come back to the sounds of the Wolves howling, as Scott Hall and Sean Waltman make their way out from the back.....

.....the Wolfpac's night last night might not have gone EXACTLY as planned (after all, Kevin Nash had visions of competing for the WWF Championship tonight, that obviously isn't happening) but both Hall and Waltman actually had pretty good nights.....Scott Hall was victorious in his match with Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner, while Sean Waltman (while he didn't compete) DID manage to gain a measure of revenge against the Million Dollar Corporation for putting him on the shelf, playing a part in Booker T's European Title victory.....

.....they're missing a member here though as they climb into the ring, but as Scott Hall grabs a microphone, he lets us know exactly why Kevin Nash isn't here tonight.....

".....because as much as Big Kev wanted to be here, the main mang Vince McMahon decided that putting Big Kev and Big Poppa in the same arena tonight might not be a good idea.....so Kev he's sat at home with his feet up, watching Raw on the TV.....hey Kid, wave to Kev....."

".....hi Kev....."

".....but while the Big Mang can't be here in person, he gave us a little message to give to Scott Steiner.....hey Kid, Scotty's watching at home too, wave to Scotty....."

".....hey Steiner.....why don't you Suck It....."

".....close enough, close enough.....anyway, Big Kev he's got a message for you Scott Steiner, hang on.....I wrote it down so that I didn't mess it up....."

.....Hall slaps Waltman on the chest, telling him to pass him the note, but Waltman looks like he's lost the information.....he fishes around in his various pockets but still comes up short, before finally finding the important paperwork tucked inside his neck brace.....

.....I say "paperwork".....it's a single piece of paper no bigger than a trading card.....

.....Hall takes the cue card and squints at it, before telling everyone that he's nearly ready as he clears his throat to make the announcement.....

".....ok.....here we go.....Scott Steiner.....Chico.....the Big Mang wants you.....one on one.....at Wrestlemania....."

.....quite the announcement.....I can see why Hall needed the flash card.....

.....well we know that Scott Steiner (much like Kevin Nash) has been given a compulsory night off here, so we're not going to get an answer to that challenge right now.....but while SCOTT Steiner isn't here.....RICH Steiner is.....and again, the Million Dollar Corporation make their way out from the back.....

.....Jarrett rehashes the promo he made a few moments ago, placing the Wolfpac (mainly Sean Waltman) solely at blame for his European Title loss last night.....

".....but the Million Dollar Corporation, we ALWAYS recoup our losses.....so by the end of tonight's show, that title will be back where it belongs.....but Waltman, you took something from me......you took something from me, so I'm going to take something from you......now I don't know what, because looking at you you look and dress like a hobo without two nickels to rub together.....but I'm going to take SOMETHING from you and that's a promise....."

.....Rich Steiner takes the mic, saying that it's typical of the Wolfpac, throwing around challenges when they KNOW that his brother isn't here tonight.....but there IS still a Steiner in the building.....

".....so since the little runt of the litter (Sean Waltman) there is out of commission with his neck boo-boo, how about YOU Scott Hall, step in the ring with ME.....so that Kevin Nash can see exactly what happens when you step into the ring with a Steiner....."

.....Steiner says that Scotty might not be a member of the Million Dollar Corporation, but if there's one thing that's close to his heart besides his money (and he pulls a thick wallet out of his breast pocket to show that those dollars really ARE close to his heart) if there's one thing close to his heart......it's his brother.....

".....me and Scotty, we've had our ups and downs.....but that's what happens with family.....I've been fighting with my brother since the day he was born, but he's still my brother.....so Scott Hall, since you've already got your cheap little boots on and your dollar store tights, this ain't a case of bringing it or singing it.....you want some? Come get some.....you can get wheeled out on a stretcher, just like your little puppy dog Sean Waltman did.....but don't worry about those medical bills though, after I'm done kicking your ass, I got them covered......why? Because I'm Rich......and you're not....."

Quote:

.....so it's impromptu match time, because Scott Hall is quick to accept the offer and this one gets underway.....

.....Sean Waltman is still out there at ringside and so are DiBiase and Jarrett.....the official does at least send Southern Justice to the back though, so at least that's something.....

.....obviously Hall and Steiner have met many, many times before (most recently as a week back) but those have predominantly been in tag team encounters.....obviously Scott Hall has had more high profile success as a singles competitor, holding a record five Intercontinental Championship's, but Rich Steiner has had some success and is a former Intercontinental Champion himself.....

.....the match was decent, but it never really had chance to get going.....I don't think the Corporation ever really intended for it to either, because Deebs and Double J spent the whole match huddled together in conversation, casting furtive glances in Sean Waltman's direction, clearly trying to decide exactly what it was they were going to 'take' from him.....

.....finally Jarrett has a Eureka moment, before telling his manager that he's going to go and get "it".....

.....I don't know if "it" was that Acoustic Equaliser of his, but that's what he has in his hands when he comes out from the back.....and as he runs down the aisle, he spins Waltman around and El Kabong's the crap out of him.....

.....Waltman already has a bad neck.....and if he didn't have, he does now, as the guitar smashes over his skull.....Scott Hall halts his offence at the sound that guitar getting smashed over his buddy's head, but with his back turned, Steiner jumps the man.....then Jarrett rolls into the ring.....

.....and BOTH men jump the man, beating him down to the mat.....

.....that'll be a disqualification then I guess.....

Winner: Scott Hall (via Disqualification)
Rating: B

Quote:

.....it looks like our previous "match" was simply a way to keep the Wolfpac around while Jarrett decided what he was going to 'take' from Waltman.....it looks like he's come to a decision, because as Southern Justice make their way out again from the back, Canterbury and Knight hold back Scott Hall (while Rich Steiner literally slaps him across the face with a stack of bills) and make him watch as Jarrett grabs a microphone.....

.....Jarrett says that he and DiBiase thought long and hard about the best way to teach that little punk Waltman a lesson.....

".....can't take his title, because he doesn't have one.....can't take his dignity, because he doesn't have any.....can't take his career, because he's already on the injured list.....in fact, Sean Waltman.....you have NOTHING.....so if you have nothing worth taking and you already look like a little homeless street rat, maybe I'll GIVE you something.....maybe I'll give you a makeover....."

.....with that DiBiase hands Double J a pair of scissors, before joining Steiner in holding down Waltman.....

.....Jarrett starts small.....he takes a pretty small section of hair and snips it right off, waving it in Waltmans face and telling him that he's going to balder than a cue ball by the time he's finished with him.....

.....and with the teasing out of the way, Jarrett gathers all of Waltman's hair into one big greasy ponytail, before positioning the scissors to make the final cut.....

.....before Jeff "The Barber" Beefcake can do his thing though, the current European Champion Booker T comes rushing out from the back, putting a halt to Jarrett's plans.....

.....the distraction is enough for Scott Hall to break free (followed by Waltman) and between the three of them they manage to send the Corporation running for the hills.....

.....thankfully most of Sean Waltman's hair is still in tact, but he's not a happy wolf.....Jeff Jarrett might have a European Title shot lined up for later this evening, but from the look of it he's still got the Wolfpac to worry about.....

.....we'll see how that goes later on.....

Quote:

.....from there we head to the back for another brief cut scene.....the Undertaker and Kane are still looking for Raven, but much like earlier they are having little luck finding him.....for someone that was so insistent about the Deadman coming to him, he's not making himself easy to find.....

.....again Taker and Kane toss the furniture (and staff) around in their hunt, but the Deadman is clearly getting increasingly impatient about their inability to find the Deity of the Damned.....

.....he tells Kane that SOMEONE is going to feel his wrath tonight.....preferably Raven, but if the bird boy wants to play hide and seek then maybe they will have to broaden their search.....

.....maybe they should look for Mankind too.....

.....Kane is happy with that (I think, it's hard to tell what with the mask) after all, Paul Bearer has already warned Mrs. Foley's Baby Boy that Kane is coming for him.....he nods his head at his brother and the two continue their search.....

.....with TWO targets now instead of one.....

.....that's if they find them.....

Rating: N/A

Quote:

.....from there we go to a sit down interview that was recorded earlier in the day, as Jim Ross gets up close and personal with Dean Malenko, to discuss Malenko's challenge to Chris Jericho......

.....JR says that this is no normal challenge.....yes, Dean Malenko will be getting a shot at Chris Jericho AND the WWF Intercontinental Championship (at Wrestlemania no less) but in order to do so, he WILLINGLY put his career on the line.....

".....which means that if you win, you become the World Wrestling Federation Champion.....but if you LOSE.....that's it, you're done, you're going home.....and Dean, with all due respect, you haven't exactly been lighting it up around here with victories.....why would you not only accept these terms, but actually be the one to set them?....."

.....JR says that Chris Jericho is one of them most self-confident (to the point of arrogance) superstars here in the WWF.....he would likely have eventually agreed to face Malenko again.....why put it all on the line?.....

".....why?.....because I have to....."

.....Malenko says that he put his career on the line because he has to know.....he HAS to.....this will be the most high pressure, high stipulation match he's ever competed in and he NEEDS to know that he's up to the task.....

.....Malenko tells JR that he came to the WWF with the goal of proving himself to be the best Light-Heavyweight competitor in the world......he wanted to prove himself against the best Light-Heavyweight wrestlers in the world.....he never got to do that.....and now, thanks to Chris Jericho, he never will.....

.....he says that Chris Jericho, in one night, changed Dean Malenko's entire career projection.....he took away everything Malenko had been working towards.....

.....and then he laughed about it.....

".....Chris Jericho didn't even WANT the Light-Heavyweight Title.....he just didn't want anyone else to have it.....he carried that Championship Belt around like a piece of trash and then discarded it the second he became the Intercontinental Champion.....he crapped on the Light-Heavyweight Title.....he crapped on the Light-Heavyweight Division.....and he crapped on me.....

.....he crapped on me.....my family.....AND my career.....I've never doubted my ability a day in my life Jim, but Chris Jericho had my doubting myself.....CAN I defeat Chris Jericho?.....CAN I become Intercontinental Champion?.....CAN I do it on the grandest stage of them all?.....

.....CAN I?.....

.....I think I can Jim Ross.....in fact, I KNOW I can.....but if I can't.....then I shouldn't be here.....if I can't.....

.....then I'm going home....."

Quote:

.....oh look, it's Savio Vega.....

.....poor old Savio hasn't really been relevant (or used regularly) around here since, oh.....I want to say early to mid 1996.....

.....he was (at one point) an early foil of the Nation of Domination, even going on to wrestle for the vacant WWF Intercontinental Championship back at Wrestlemania XII against (then Nation Leader) Faarooq and (current Nation Leader) Ahmed Johnson in a triple threat match.....

.....funnily enough, it would have been around that time that his path would have crossed with his opponent tonight.....because he's a former Nation of Domination member himself.....FORMER being the operative word, because it was just last night that Scorpio was violently evicted from the group.....

.....I guess that makes him a babyface now.....

.....might explain the dancing.....

.....considering he WAS only evicted from the Nation last night (violently.....I did mention that right?) Scorpio is in a surprisingly good mood here.....the crowd is somewhat into him and he certainly appears to be enjoying pandering to the fans again.....he looks good here, and while this was Savio's first outing on Raw in some time, he doesn't get the result that I'm sure he was hoping for.....instead he gets to count the lights after getting squashed with a Scorpio (450) Splash.....

Winner: Scorpio

Quote:

.....it was short and sweet, but Scorpio has his first official win as a Non-Nation member.....and Michael Cole wants to find out how that feels, making his way out from the back to join the victor in the ring.....

.....Cole talks briefly about the attack that he suffered last night at the hands of his so-called brothers, before asking Scorpio where he goes from here.....after all (as Ahmed pointed out last night) the Light-Heavyweight Division (a Division that Scorpio spearheaded in the early days as it's first Champion) is no more.....

.....Scorpio says that just like Ahmed Johnson, Micheal Cole is too short sighted......he says that he was never a Light-Heavyweight wrestler......he was just a wrestler.....who happened to be a Light-Heavyweight.....

".....one or two little losses (and a Division being dissolved) and the Nation wanna kick me to the Curb?.....that's ok Michael......the Nation can keep on underestimating me.....AHMED JOHNSON can keep on underestimating me.....that just means it'll be that much sweeter when I whip his big ass....."

.....Scorpio says that where he goes from here, that's pretty easy to answer.....he goes to war......and he goes to war AGAINST the Nation.....one of them.....two of them....three, four.....all of them, it doesn't matter.....all he has to do now is find some tag team partners.....

".....if only the Nation weren't so damn likeable Michael Cole.....where ever will I find anyone that would even WANT to fight them?....."

.....looks like Scorpio already has some partners in mind.....because as Faarooq, Bradshaw and the big man Nelson make their way out, he has a huge smile on his face.....

.....the three men join Scorpio in the ring, not for more promo time though.....they just show a little bit of solidarity with the man and bark threats at the Nation of Domination.....looks like Scorpio has a (temporary) Nation of his own.....

Rating: B+

Quote:

.....before the four men head to the back, and we get to the reason Michael Cole was out here in the first place.....

.....what? You think we sent him out here just for a Scorpio promo?.....

.....Cole says that he initially came out here because he has an introduction to make.....he says that as the World Wrestling Federation continues to prove that it is THE world wide leader in sports entertainment, it's attracting more and more members of the fighting community.....

".....first we had the worlds most dangerous man Ken Shamrock.....then the worlds strongest man Mark Henry.....now I want to introduce you to a man so adept at the martial arts, that his entire body has had to be registered as a lethal weapon......ladies and gentlemen, this.....is Steve Blackman....."

.....he doesn't LOOK like much of a lethal weapon.....in fact (apart from the impressive physique) this Steve Blackman fella looks rather bland.....black hair, black beard, black martial arts bottoms......Black(man) by name, black by nature it would seem.....

.....he does have some supercool looking sticks with him though.....

.....he gets into the ring and runs through a brief (rather boring.....he's not much of a talker) history and introduction.....basically informing the crowd that he first wrestled for the WWF a decade ago, before contracting malaria (and dysentery) which left him practically bed bound for two years.....Blackman says that his ultimate goal was always to get back to the WWF though....and after spending years rebuilding his body, his muscle mass AND his skills (discovering a talent for Escrima and Tae Kwon Do) he's finally able to step back into the ring.....

.....which is exactly what he's in the WWF to do.....

.....Michael Cole points out that since Blackman has bought those Escrima Sticks with him, why doesn't he show us what he can do with them? Blackman agrees, but only gets a few seconds into a display.....

.....before Savio Vega rolls back into the ring.....

.....I guess Savio has been nursing his ribs on the outside this whole time after getting squashed by Scorpio, but he's not having this......he snatches the microphone from Michael Cole, saying that he has had virtually no screen time in months, but this little Karate Kid wannabe just walks in off the street and gets on Raw just like that?......

.....Savio doesn't think so.....

.....he tosses the microphone down, before shoving Blackman in the chest (as well at rather poorly attempting to do the classic Karate Kid Crane Kick) telling the newcomer to get out of here.....

.....Blackmans not going anywhere.....so Savio shoves him again.....and again.....and again.....and then finally swings a right hand.....

.....which Blackman dodges.....

.....and then he cracks Savio upside the head with one of those sticks.....

.....Savio goes down like a sack of guano, and Blackman simply rolls him out of the ring as the lights go down (to reveal that this sticks glow in the dark damn it) and he's finally able to give his rather impressive display.....

.....ok, enough of that.....let's go to the back.....

Quote:

.....where Kevin Kelly is attempting to get a brief word from Steve Austin.....

.....Kelly says that tonight, Vince McMahon has made his feelings (and his wishes) crystal clear.....he doesn't want the Rattlesnake anywhere near the main event of Wrestlemania.....he doesn't want Stone Cold anywhere near Brian Pillman.....and he most certainly does not want Steve Austin anywhere near the WWF Championship.....in fact, tonight.....Ric Flair and Arn Anderson have been tasked with taking the Rattlesnake out of commission once and for all.....

".....is that right?.....well let me tell you something son, the only way that you're getting Steve Austin out of that WWF Title Match at Wrestlemania, is to put me six feet underground in a wooden box.....and hell, I'd probably dig my way outta that, crawl my way to Wrestlemania, Stun Bret Hart, Stun Brian Pillman, and STILL walk out as the World Wrestling Federation Champion.....

.....Ric Flair and Arn Anderson, they've tried to put Steve Austin out before and the only thing they ACTUALLY managed to put out was their crooked old backs.....I don't care who you put in front of me Kevin Kelly.....Arn Anderson, Ric Flair, that masked freak Mankind, Brian Pillman, Bret Hart.....I just don't give a damn, because the fact remains the same.....Stone Cold Steve Austin is walking into Wrestlemania as the toughest summbich on the planet and he's walking out of Wrestlemania with the World Wrestling Federation Title around his waist and that's all I gotta say about that.....

.....so I suggest you straighten your little bow tie (you look like a stupid summbich by the way) straighten up your stupid little bow tie and walk your ass back on to Vince McMahons office, kiss his ass....and then tell Ric Flair and Old Man River to walk their geriatric old bodies to the ring....."

.....Austin pauses for a moment to pick up a steel chair.....

".....because their ass belongs to Stone Cold....."

.....Kevin Kelly might have more questions to ask, but the only thing he's going to get if he sticks around here is an ass-whipping.....so with that being said, maybe we should go down to ringside.....

Quote:

.....for a return match from last night.....except this time the roles have been reversed, as Booker T puts his newly won European Championship on the line against former Champion Jeff Jarrett.....

.....Jarrett has been quite vocal already tonight, apparently believing that had it not been for the involvement of Sean Waltman, then he would still be standing here as Champion.....he's already dealt with the Wolfpac, so winning his title back should be a doddle.....

.....right?.....

.....yeah, it won't be that simple.....

.....Booker T might not have won the title last night the way he wanted to, but rest assured the former Harlem Heat man is a VERY deserving champion.....Booker has risen up the ranks here in the WWF at a remarkable pace and has been putting on some excellent performances week in and week out.....

.....these two men had an excellent match last night, they have a great match here too.....it's not marred in quite so much controversy either, because a (clearly) confident Jeff Jarrett leaves the help in the back (with the exception of Ted DiBiase) while Booker T simply doesn't want any help.....

.....he didn't really need it either.....Jarrett (and Deebs) may have controlled a good portion of the match, but at the end of the day it was Booker who walked out with a victory, kicking his opponent off during a Figure Four Leg Drop attempt (sending him crashing into DiBiase on the apron) and gets met with a kick to the gut, followed by a hard ax-kick to the back of the head.....and three seconds later, Booker T retains his Championship.....and he does it as clean as a whistle.

Winner: .....and Still WWF European Champion.....Booker T.....

Quote:

.....Jarrett decides not to stick around, telling a nearby camera that this was just a fluke win for Booker......Jarrett had expended too much energy taking apart the Wolfpac.....this was Sean Waltman's fault.....AGAIN.....

.....yeah, keep telling yourself that Jeff.....

.....in the meantime, Dok Hendrix has made his way out in order to get word from Booker T on the challenge levied by Stevie Ray.....

".....the question is Booker T.....will you put that title on the line against your own brother?....."

.....Booker is quick to tell Hendrix that of course he will.....

".....you know Dok, people make too much about the 'brother vs. brother' thing.....me and Stevie, we grew up fighting for everything we have, I've fought my brother more times than I can count.....if Stevie Ray wanted to fight me for THIS title, then all he had to do was ask......instead of that he went out and he stabbed his REAL brother in the back for a couple'a Wannabe G's....."

.....Booker says that he would have been HONOURED to face his brother at Wrestlemania.....even more so to be doing it for the European Championship.....but it seems like Stevie Ray doesn't have any honour.....

".....Stevie, you want a shot at this belt sucka, you GOT a shot at this belt.....and I'll tell you what.....you wanna bring Ahmed Johnson.....Kama.....D'Lo Brown.....bring them too, bring Mark Henry.....because they might be a Nation.....but 110th Street is 110th street, and ain't no Nation in the world that can stack up to that.....you sold out your brother for your 'brothers', now your 'brothers' can watch your brother whoop you like your daddy, you dig that sucka?....."

.....I don't know if anyone digs that.....or even understands it.....but it sounds like it's official......Booker T will be putting the European Championship on the line at Wrestlemania.....and he'll be defending it against his own brother Stevie Ray......

.....oh brother.....

.....let's go to the back.....

Quote:

.....since Dok Hendrix is already in the ring, we go backstage to Michael Cole, who's standing by with the members of the Hart Foundation.....

.....Bret Hart looks to be in pretty bad shape (courtesy of taking the ride through the announce table last night) but he says it was all worth it, because he's going to the main event of Wrestlemania, which gives him about five weeks to recuperate.....plenty of time.....

.....Cole says that since Chris Jericho has a match booked with Dean Malenko and Bret has his WWF Championship opportunity, that just leaves Test and Owen without any Wrestlemania dance partners......which is when the Intercontinental Champion cuts him off.....

".....woah, woah, woah.....hold on there Michelangelo.....first of all, Test will be PLENTY busy at Wrestlemania.....he'll be where he always is, right by my side, guarding this sexy body from all the gutter skanks in the crowd that are desperate to get a taste of some prime Canadian Bacon.....

.....and for the record, Chris Jericho (your hero and mine.....paragon of virtue) doesn't just have A match.....he has THE match.....the match that's going to see Bore-Us Malenko Jr finally pack up his boring, sensible clothes in his boring, sensible suitcase.....and run back home to Great Aunt Gertrude Malenko with his tail between his legs.....because Chris Jericho is going to embarrass him.....humiliate him.....defeat him.....and retire him.....mark it on your calendar folks, because after Wrestlemania you will never......eeeeeeeever.....see Dean Malenko again....."

.....as for Owen (who actually looks pretty down in the dumps after losing to Steve Austin last night) Bret says not to worry about Owen.....

".....Owen might have got screwed over last night Cole (Editors Note: He really didn't Bret) but everyone knows that Owen Hart is twice the man that Steve Austin is.....and it's only a matter of time before he's wearing gold again in the World Wrestling Federation.....as for Steve Austin, judging by what Vince McMahon said earlier this evening, Steve Austin won't even MAKE IT to Wrestlemania.....so Brian Pillman, that'll just leave you.....and me.....

.....Brian Pillman, everyone knows that you're Vince McMahon's chosen Champion.....his little stooge.....and trust me, I know better than most what it means to be screwed over by one of Vince McMahon's pets.....you might have Vince McMahon on your side.....Ric Flair.....Arn Anderson.....Mankind.....all of them, nothing but mercenaries.....while Steve Austin, he's got NO ONE on his side....."

.....Bret pauses for a moment to look around the room, smiling at Jericho and Test, patting Owen on the back and telling Cole that he.....he has FAMILY by his side.....

".....family by my side....and at Wrestlemania.....I'll have the WWF Title around my waist....."

Quote:

.....we go to commercial just before our main event, but before we do we see a brief 30 second split screen of Steve Austin walking down a hallway with a steel chair in hand, while Ric Flair and Arn Anderson walk down a separate hallway on the other side of the screen.....tyre iron in Arn's hand.....and then when we come back, the glass shatters, the crowd explodes.....it's main event time.....

.....Vince McMahon has certainly piled the pressure on his WWF Tag Team Champions here.....he wants Steve Austin taking out.....he wants Steve Austin taking out tonight.....and if he DOESN'T get what he wants, The Nature Boy and The Enforcer will have to go one better than Brian Pillman, because they will have to defend those Tag Team Titles against FOUR teams.....

.....not the best odds.....

.....anyway, back to this match.....

.....if Steve Austin truly wants to become the next WWF Champion, then he's going to have to know how to defeat a champion (to be the man.....you know the rest) and despite his advancing age, there's no doubt that Ric Flair is one of (if not THE) most decorated World Champion in recent history.....he's also got a hell of an incentive to take out Austin here (not to mention the assistance of The Enforcer in his corner) but that doesn't help him initially, because The Rattlesnake is all over him in the opening portion of the match.....

.....Flair knows how to sell (clearly) and bumps and feeds every punch that Austin throws (and there's a lot of them) before finally retreating to the outside.....where Stone Cold follows him, continuing the offence and even putting Anderson down to the concrete with a running clothesline.....

.....the Nature Boy finally gets a reprieve thanks to his tag team partner though, because as Austin looks to deliver a piledriver right there on the arena floor, Anderson draws the Rattlesnakes attention just long enough that Flair is able to backdrop his way out of it and it's Austin that eats the concrete.....

.....now Flair goes to work, 'Woooooooo-ing' like a madman as he works over the knee that he and Arn previously assaulted back at the Royal Rumble.....Vince McMahon wants Stone Cold out of commission and he wants him out of commission tonight, so Flair stretches, torques, tweaks and bends the knee, as well as distracting the official so that Anderson can reach under that bottom rope to slam the bum knee off the ring apron and the ring post.....

.....Austin has vowed that these two (horse)men are going to have to literally put him six feet under to stop him tonight, and even that won't stop him from going to Wrestlemania.....so try as he might, Flair just can't keep Austin down.....bum knee and all, the Rattlesnake keeps fighting back, eventually levelling the Nature Boy with a Thez Press and a flurry of fists.....

.....Anderson rolls into the ring behind Austin, but the Rattlesnake sees him coming, kicks him in the gut and then drops him with a Stunner.....Flair is groggily (and slowly) getting back to his feet, but the Rattlesnake is waiting.....and he's waiting with a second Stunner.....

.....which doesn't connect.....because Mankind comes rushing out from the back, spins Austin around.....and locks on the Mandible Claw.....

.....that'll be a disqualification.....

Winner: Steve Austin (via Disqualification)

Quote:

.....hey, McMahon didn't say that Flair had to WIN here.....just that Steve Austin had to leave the arena in no condition to perform at Wrestlemania.....if Mankind keeps his fingers lodged into the gullet of the Rattlesnake much longer then he's not going to be in any condition to do ANYTHING, let alone perform.....and while Anderson might still be recovering from the affects of that Stunner, Ric Flair is heading to the outside to pick up a steel chair.....

.....:::::!!!!!GONG!!!!!:::::.....:::::!!!!!PYRO ERUPTS!!!!!:::::.....

.....but after a rather frustrating evening for the Deadman and his brother (after failing to find Raven) The Undertaker and Kane are here....and they're here for Mankind.....

.....Paul Bearer made it known that the Big Red Monster had his sights set on the Masked Mankind, so as he steps over the top rope that's exactly who Kane sets his sights on, grabbing Foley by his scraggy hair and dragging him free of Austin.....

.....with Kane otherwise occupied, the Deadman turns to Flair in order to work some (Raven related) frustrations out of his system, knocking the former multi-time World Champion on his ass with a series of blows.....

.....Anderson is back to his feet and charges across the ring (picking up that discarded chair on his way) and smashing it across the back of the Deadman.....it barely phases the Undertaker though, who's head snaps around like a B-Movie Monster to glare at the Enforcer.....

.....that clearly didn't work.....

.....if at first you don't succeed (etc, etc) so Anderson backs up a few steps and comes again, this time looking to smash the chair into the skull of the Undertaker.....who gets a Big Boot up, smashing Arn's own chair into his face.....

.....Flair has snatched up Arn's tyre-iron in the meantime and he stalks up behind the Undertaker.....but Steve Austin isn't down.....and despite the Mandible Claw he just sustained, he's certainly not out either, spinning Flair, kick to the gut.....Stunner.....Flair is done......

.....Arn reaches under the bottom rope and drags Flair to the outside, just as Kane sends Mankind tumbling through the ropes as well to the floor.....and with The Undertaker, Kane and Stone Cold Steve Austin standing tall in the middle of the ring, Vince McMahon's Corporate Guns decide that the best option is to make a hasty retreat.....

.....unfortunately for them, Steve Austin looks to be very much still in condition to perform at Wrestlemania.....looks like our WWF Triple Threat Championship Match is still very much set......and now, because of that, so is the Fatal Four Way WWF Tag Team Title match.....

.....goodnight folks.....we'll see you next week.....

Final Rating: A*

Unread 01-27-2020, 07:23 PM
Living Legend

Very good show!
Unread 02-02-2020, 10:12 AM
Major League

Week 4, February 1998
Frank Erwin Center (Austin, Texas)
ATT: 14,870
TV: 30.57
Announce Team: Tony Schiavone, Bobby Heenan and Mike Tenay

Quote:

.....it's that time of the week again and while we are one night removed from the WWF's February Pay Per View offering, we are only six nights away from WCW SuperBrawl VIII.....and it's set to be a big night.....

.....if Starrcade and Wrestlemania are comprisable in terms of each respective companies biggest show of the year, then SuperBrawl (much like Summerslam) would be a very close second.....this at years SuperBrawl we are set to see the Warrior battle his one time friend and partner Sting, for the WCW Championship of the World.....a huge match in itself, but there's more.....

.....because despite the fact that Shawn Michaels repeatedly insists that he has little interest in holding the "Big Tin Belt", he will be vying for the number one contender status, meeting the Macho Man Randy Savage inside a steel cage.....not ANY steel cage.....in what basically amounts to WCW's version of a Hell in a Cell match, we will be taking the War Games cage and enclosing not just the ring, but the entire ringside area.....there's going to be some Caged Heat between these two men.....

.....on that note, it appears as though the Titans of Wrestling have something to say about both of those matches, because they make their way out to open the show.....

.....although the group seems to be a little smaller than usual.....

.....we have Vince Russo, Randy Savage.....we have the Warrior and we have Buff Bagwell too.....but conspicuous by their absence, the Totally Awesome Trinity are nowhere to be seen.....

.....Macho Man takes the microphone to tell the crowd that the day is almost here.....he says that since Starrcade, the professional wrestling world has been tipped on its axis because Starrcade was the day that Hollywood Hogan let the WCW Title (and everything that goes with it) slip through his fingers.....

".....but at SuperBrawl, what goes around comes back around yeah, as the Titans of Wrestling flip the switch yeah, you dig....."

.....Savage says that Buff Bagwell already wiped the floor with Roddy Piper once.....on Sunday he'll do it again and put that skirt wearing freak out of WCW once and for all.....while the Warrior, the Warrior is going to undo Hollywood's mistakes.....

".....because the Warrior Man, yeah.....he's going to take back the prize that EVERYONE eyes.....the prize that we shouldn't have ever lost.....the WCW Championship, yeah....."

.....Macho says that if there's ONE man who knows how to take down Sting, it's the Warrior.....they trained together.....travelled together.....roomed together.....came up together.....Warrior came IN to the business with Sting and at SuperBrawl he's going to take him OUT of the business too.....

".....and then there's Shawn Michaels.....Mr. 'Thinks he's Sexy', still a boy, stepping inside a steel cage with a MAN yeah.....but not just any cage, because there's nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, no escape and no JPL to hide behind you dig?....."

.....Macho says that the Titans of Wrestling are the cream of the crop when it comes to this business, so where they DO their business is the place to be and the place to be is WCW, no matter WHAT Shawn Michaels says.....

".....and at SuperBrawl (since you don't like the view around here) the Macho Man is going to take you out permanently.....Oh Ye...."

.....oh ye indeed.....Macho doesn't actually get to finish that signature catchphrase.....instead he gets interrupted by the three Titans that do NOT have a match at SuperBrawl.....Ray Traylor, Adam Copeland and Christian Cage.....

.....the Totally Awesome Trinity make their way out, and the trio SHOULD be fresh as a daisy after walking out on the Titans last week to supposedly go on vacation.....problem with that is that they didn't actually GET a vacation.....in fact, they were quite busy this past week on Thunder.....

.....Savage barely gives the three men chance to step between the ropes before he's ready to slap someone.....Copeland felt the wrath of the Macho Man LAST week, which almost resulted in Traylor and Savage coming to blows, as the Enforcer took offence to Randy laying a hand on his fellow Trinity Member.....

.....Bagwell has to hold the Macho Man back, while Copeland tells him to "totally chill out dude, before you have a major aneurism".....Copeland says that they must have missed the memo that the Titans were up first tonight.....

".....or is this just for the Titans that HAVE matches booked for SuperBrawl? Because we totally don't, do we Christian....."

".....WE don't.....what about you Big Ray-Ray? Do you have a match?....."

"..............."

".....Big Ray-Ray doesn't have a match....."

".....Big Ray-Ray should totally have a match....."

".....what about Hollywood? Does Hollywood have a match?....."

".....dude, no.....Hollywood should totally hav....."

.....I don't think Savage wants to hear the name Hollywood Hogan.....because at the sound of Hogan's name he shakes free of Bagwell and again (for the second consecutive week) slaps Copeland right in the mouth.....

.....and again Traylor doesn't like that, not one bit.....and he shoves Savage in the chest with such force that the Macho Man hits the mat.....Savage scrambles back to his feet, wild eyed like a, well like a savage.....and this time it takes both Bagwell AND the Warrior to hold him back, as Traylor invites Macho to try it.....

.....Russo grabs the microphone to try and calm things down.....or rather, to lay down the law.....

.....he's not happy with the attitude of the Trinity as of late, telling Copeland and Cage they're pushing their luck.....

".....and no.....none of the three of you have a match at SuperBrawl, but that's on YOU bro....."

.....Russo says that he (and Macho) have been waiting for the Trinity to take out the Forgotten.....or the Nasty Boys.....they were told to go and make a statement, show WHY they should be getting the Tag Title opportunity.....

".....but you didn't, did you.....no, instead you came out here, week in and week out, watched Big Van Vader and Bam Bam Bigelow kick the crap out of whoever was in front of them, and then you quickly turned around and ran (just like Hulk Hogan did) as far away from the action as you could get.....so tell me bro, who would we give you a match with? You want I should pull a couple of bums in off the street? You think you could beat them?....."

.....Cage goes to answer, but Russo cuts him off, telling him that if he they want a match, they GOT a match.....

".....TONIGHT.....so go to the back, put your big boy boots on......because there's no more hiding, no more running.....you're facing the Forgotten....."

.....I don't know how happy Copeland and Cage actually are to hear that, but they take the match, telling Russo that by the end of the night, the Totally Awesome Two will be holding Tag Team Gold.....

".....c'mon Big Ray-Ray....."

".....woah, hold on there bro.....first of all, it ain't a title match.....you don't get Title shots by p!ssing me off bro.....and second of all, 'Big Ray-Ray' ain't going nowhere.....because he's got a match tonight too......right now actually....."

".....against who?....."

".....well since some people around here need to learn their place, that match is going to be against the man that's taking Shawn Michaels OUT on Sunday Night.....

.....The Macho Man, Randy Savage....."

Quote:

.....I doubt anyone was expecting to see Titan vs. Titan here tonight when they bought their tickets, but Savage is still seething after last week, while Traylor hasn't backed down an inch EITHER week, so this has definitely been brewing.....

.....I've said it before, but the arrival of Adam Copeland and Christian Cage to WCW was the best thing that ever happened to him, sure he was positioned as the Enforcer of the Titans of Wrestling before that, but he never had the spotlight that he has had since becoming a (surprisingly important) part of the Totally Awesome Trinity.....

.....not that the rest of the Trinity are out here for this one.....

.....Russo orders both Copeland and Cage to the back (while rather suspiciously allowing Buff Bagwell to remain) so Traylor is all alone in this one.....Big Ray-Ray doesn't actually wrestle much nowadays, but he's still a large and powerful Enforcer that gives Savage plenty of problems.....problems that Buff Bagwell has the solution to.....

.....because while Traylor has Savage draped over the middle ropes, he comes charging across the ring and leaps, looking to drive his weight across the back of the Macho Man, as well as driving Savage's throat into the ring rope.....unfortunately Bagwell shoves Macho out of harms way and Traylor has a bad landing that sees him getting tangled up in the ropes......

.....he falls backwards and crashes to the mat, just as Savage comes flying off the top with that patented Elbow Drop, that gives him the one, the two and the three.....

Winner: Randy Savage

Quote:

.....Savage grabs up a microphone and tells Traylor to remember that it's the Titans of Wrestling that make him relevant around here.....and they can make him Irrelevant just as easily......

".....so brutha, fall in line, shape up or ship out....."

.....Macho says that the seconds are ticking by and the day draws nearer.....because yes, Randy Savage WILL be the number one contender for the WCW Title on Sunday, but that doesn't mean that the Macho Man isn't rooting for the Warrior Man at SuperBrawl.....the way he sees it, whether it's him or Warrior that does the thing, all that matters is that the WCW Title comes home where it belongs.....

.....which is why Buff Bagwell is going to face the WCW Champion Sting later tonight.....to do what Copeland and Cage SHOULD have done a few weeks back.....

".....and that's get Sting ready for the Warrior....if you get what I mean, yeah....."

.....Bagwell asks Savage if that means HE is getting a World Title shot tonight? After all, it doesn't matter WHO holds the gold so long as it's in the Titans.....right?.....

.....I guess not, because Savage mutters something about Eric Bischoff not allowing that, before quickly brushing off the question to address Shawn Michaels again.....

.....sorry Buff, I guess that's going to be non-title after all.....

.....Macho tells Shawn Michaels that while he THINKS he's an icon, he's really nothing more than a cheap imitation of Randy Savage.....an Icon lite if you will.....Savage says that Shawn can talk ("no doubt about it, yeah") but at the end of the day, talking isn't going to be enough to beat Randy Savage.....

".....because everything you can do I can do better and I've been doing it longer, yeah.....you can fly, you can jump.....got an elbow drop of your own.....I've seen it, yeah.....not a fan....."

.....Macho Man says that he's been dropping elbows for years.....he says that Shawn can wrestle ("but I've wrestled them all.....beat em too") and yeah, he's a former World Champion ("uh-huh, yeah.....been there, done that.....been to the top of the mountain.....THREE TIMES you dig") in fact, everything Shawn Michaels has done, or WANT'S to do, Randy Savage has already done it.....

".....but at SuperBrawl, brother, brother, brother.....all your dreams are going to come true, yeah.....because the Macho Man is going to give you the one thing you want.....I'm going to take that pretty boy face, grind it into mincemeat.....and then, since you hate it around here so much, I'm going to take you out......out of WCW, out of my hair, out of my face, out of the business, yeah.....permanently, ya dig.....Oh Yeah....."

Quote:

.....the last time we saw the Soul Train team of Ernest Miller and Ice Train they were facing off AGAINST each other instead of teaming WITH each other.....obviously there had been some tension within the pairing, mainly because of Millers ever increasing ego......and an unfounded ego at that, because the pair have hardly been tearing it up the rankings.....that being said, Teddy Long obviously decided that they need to work out their frustrations but in doing so he only made matters worse, because with victory Ernest Millers ego only grew bigger as he announced himself the 'leader' of the team.....

.....because of that, Miller has vowed to lead the team to tag team glory (and gold) but Train is going to have to do things HIS way.....and right now, HIS way involves working on his footwork.....

.....and by footwork I mean dancing.....

.....this segment is obviously pre-taped as we're in some undisclosed location, where Miller (as Teddy Long watches bemused) is attempting to teach Ice Train some moves.....there's some very (WCW rip-off) James Brown sounding music playing, as Miller two steps and shuffles his way around the floor.....

.....he tells Train to follow his lead, but Ice Train is a huge man.....a huge uncoordinated man.....and he quite simply can't dance.....he tries, he really does, but as he trips and stumbles over his own feet he is clearly getting increasingly more frustrated, before he finally snaps, asking Miller exactly what the point of his is?.....

".....I'm going along with your stupid little 'leader' stipulation, but I don't get how this is gonna win us tag team gold.....Teddy?.....Teddy? You got any idea?....."

.....Teddy Long just shakes his head, he's as in the dark as Train.....Miller though is insistent.....

".....man don't question me.....if you knew what was gonna win us gold then maybe I wouldn't have whooped yo ass last week.....goddamn ungrateful, that's what you are.....this is some outside the box training man.....this is some 'wax on-wax off' Mr. Miyagi knowledge I'm passing on here....."

.....Miller says that the better Train is on his feet, the more chance he has of out-manoeuvring his opponent.....

".....and if you could out-manoeuvre your opponent, maybe I wouldn't have been able to kick your big ol' meathead off your shoulders last week....."

.....Train tells Miller that he's about to manoeuvre his boot straight up Ernest's ass if he keeps running his mouth, but as I said, Ice Train is a man of his word.....Miller won the match.....Miller is the leader.....Miller calls the shots.....so Ice Train dances.....

.....it's not a pretty sight.....

.....in fact, it's horrendous.....

.....let's leave this behind and head back down live to the arena shall we.....

.....Ice Train REALLY can't dance.....

Quote:

.....anyway, enough of that nonsense, it's time for a match......and hold on to your hats, because VK Wallstreet is in action.....

.....ok, that in itself probably isn't so exciting.....but he IS facing Mike Awesome, who in turn has Missy Hyatt with him.....

.....ok, that's not overly exciting either.....it's 1998 after all, Missy is hardly at her best.....

.....well, considering that we have a big eight man tag match happening at SuperBrawl, between Jimmy Hart's First Family and Konnan's chosen partners, Mike Awesome, Gideon Cain and Jeff Hardy, there's at least a lot going on at ringside.....because all eight men are out here.....and so are Missy and Jimmy.....and they had an altercation of their own last week.....

.....do you notice that I'm not really discussing the match itself?.....that's because it's Mike Awesome vs. VK Wallstreet.....Mike could have a very bright future and VK is certainly fundamentally sound.....that being said this was hardly the most exciting of matches.....

.....VK did a rear chinlock at one point.....then Mike Awesome won with an Awesome Bomb.....

Winner: Mike Awesome

Quote:

.....I did say that there were a LOT of people at ringside right? Probably means that the testosterone is pumping too huh?......

.....apparently the oestrogen is pumping too.....because Missy is in the ring with a microphone.....

.....she tells Jimmy Hart that her man (Awesome) just beat his man (Wallstreet) just like her men are going to help Hardy and Konnan defeat the First Family at SuperBrawl.....

".....and me? I'm gonna kick your scrawny little ass right now....."

.....Missy tells Jimmy that since he was man enough to get physical with her last week ("copped a feel too didn'tya") how about he steps into the ring right now bring that referee.....

".....and let's see who's got the bigger balls.....you.....or ME....."

.....don't worry, I'm not actually booking a match here.....we are going to HAVE a match though.....or rather some small semblance of one.....Jimmy throws down his jacket on the floor and climbs into the ring (despite Morrus warning him not to) as he and Missy get back into the same catfight they were having last week, THIS time with a referee in tow.....

.....Missy is getting the upper hand too, at least until Wallstreet reaches into the ring to trip her up.....which then sparks a mass brawl on the outside as Cain and Awesome (with Hardy and Konnan close behind) rush over to battle the First Family.....

.....it's chaos on the outside.....so chaotic in fact that the official misses the fact that Konnan slid into the ring to nail poor Jimmy with that rolling clothesline of his, before diving back to the outside to brawl with Hugh Morrus.....

....Missy sees Hart down, runs the ropes and then crushes the life out of little Jimmy with that surgically enhanced chest as she lands a running splash.....the referee makes the count and three seconds later, not only has VK Wallstreet lost here, but Jimmy Hart has too, in possibly the worst match in WCW history.....

.....Missy kicks Hart to the outside, where his Family pick him up off the floor (with Barbarian hoisting him up over his shoulder) and carry him to the back, as Konnan, Hardy, Awesome and Cain join a delighted Missy Hyatt in the ring in celebration of her 'victory'.....

Quote:

.....where Adam Copeland and Christian Cage have the small matter of a match with the Forgotten to look forward too.....although right now they're trying to pacify a ticked off Ray Traylor, who's clearly not happy about the way he lost his match earlier this evening.....

".....we saw how that went down Big Ray-Ray, that was totally NOT awesome....."

".....totally not awesome.....Buff is a total d!ck.....and to think we thought he was cool.....you had that match won Big Ray-Ray, we know that.....everyone knows that.....HOLLYWOOD knows that....."

".....Hollywood totally knows that.....Big Ray-Ray, you should totally call Hollywood, you two go way back right? You totally have his number....."

".....dude, YOU have his number....."

".....yeah....no, he told me not to call him after the uhm, 'incident'....."

".....the 'incident'?....."

".....the incident.....THE INCIDENT!.....you know, with the jello and the Harley....."

".....I have zero recollection of this....."

".....and the possum?....."

".....ohhhh....the 'incident'....."

".....it looked totally friendly....."

".....it looked like rabies on legs....."

".....YOU look like rabies on legs....."

.....ok that's enough of that.....the less said about the 'incident' the better.....look, here's Mean Gene.....

.....Gene says that he has to ask given the current occurrences, are we seeing dissension in the ranks of the Titans of Wrestling ?

".....gentlemen, it would seem to me that Randy Savage, the Warrior and even Buff Bagwell are pushing you further and further AWAY from the Titans of Wrestling.....and now (after ducking the issue for weeks) you have to face the Forgotten, and you don't even get a shot at the tag titles for your trouble....."

".....SHUT UP MIKE TENAY!....."

".....yeah, shut up Mike Tenay, you totally suck....."

.....Mike Tenay (or rather Mean Gene, since that's who it ACTUALLY is) does not shut up.....instead he presses the issue.....never one to step away from stirring the pot he says that it's clear that the rest of the Titans have an agenda here.....Warrior gets a title shot, Savage gets a number one contender shot, Buff gets a high profile match.....

".....while you three gentlemen, you get nothing.....nada....."

".....oh I don't know about that Mean Gene......I'd say they're getting a pretty big match right about now....."

.....Shawn Michaels and JPL in the same room as the Titans of Wrestling? That doesn't usually end well.....

.....it doesn't look as though the two are looking for a fight though, because as Shawn Michaels grabs the microphone off Mean Gene (before shoving him out of shot and telling him to go shill his hotline somewhere else) it looks like they're here to talk.....

.....Shawn says that he doesn't know about JPL, but the way HE sees it, the Totally Awesome Trinity are getting totally shafted.....

".....I mean, I've seen a LOT of your merchandise in the crowd.....not as much as mine (obviously) but certainly more than your little Macho Warrior Man's shirts.....you guys are hot right now, and you know why?.....it's not because you're hanging with the 80's revival.....it's not because of Savage or Warrior.....it's certainly not because of the 'Brother' Man.....

.....it's because of US....."

.....Shawn says that Copeland and Cage are the only entertaining thing in this god-forsaken company ("apart from us") because they are cut from the same degenerate mould as Shawn Michaels and JPL.....

".....and you got your bodyguard there too.....had a bodyguard myself for a little bit.....didn't turn out so well, but he served his purpose....."

.....Shawn says that Copeland and Cage should be showcased in the biggest matches in WCW (".....or second.....third biggest.....behind me and The Hunter here") but they're not.....because WCW doesn't know how to create a genuine star.....

".....so you gotta MAKE them showcase you.....how? By going out there now in this stupid little non-title match and beating the crap outta the Forgotten.....those two fat pieces of sh....."

".....SHAWN!....."

".....garbage.....I was going to say garbage 'Jipple', get off my back.....those two fat slobs have been tossing opponents aside left right and centre, well tonight.....TONIGHT.....they're going to get a Totally Awesome Ass-Kicking at the hands of the Totally Awesome Trinity.....Randy Savage thinks this is a punishment? He thinks you're gonna get your asses handed to you? Pftttt, I don't think so.....you two go out there and do what you do best.....be Totally Awesome.....because even if your little Titan buddies don't believe in you.....we do....."

.....a pep talk from Shawn Michaels? Who'd have thunk it.....it worked too, because Copeland and Cage charge out of shot ready to face their opponents next, as Levesque turns to Shawn.....

".....you really believe that?....."

".....oh god no.....they're 'totally' going to get their asses kicked, but anything that p!sses off Randy Savage is fine by me.....come on 'Jipple', let's go watch the match....."

".....quit it with the god damn Jipple crap....."

".....it's funny.....that Rocky's a funny guy huh?....."

".....no, that Rocky, he's a dead man....."

Quote:

......sweet Jesus have Copeland and Cage desperately been putting off this match.....

.....not that anyone can blame them.....Big Van Vader and Bam Bam Bigelow had become somewhat of an afterthought here in WCW until joining forces with Kevin Sullivan to form The Forgotten.....Forgotten by name, Forgotten by nature, they truly were the Forgotten men until Sullivan reignited their killer instinct and they've been nye on unstoppable since then.....and while Copeland and Cage were embroiled in a feud with the Pitbulls of all people, Vader and Bigelow were steamrolling their way though (then) WCW Tag Team Champions Diamond Dallas Page and Chris Benoit, and they've steamrolled through every other team since.....

.....the Totally Awesome Two were completely under the cosh from the moment the bell rang here and to be honest, if this was a punishment from Randy Savage for questioning his authority, then the Macho Man must have been a very Happy Man, because Copeland and Cage were brutalised.....

.....until their very own cheering squad came out.....because fresh off the back of their earlier pep talk, Shawn Michaels and Jean Paul Levesque come walking out from the back to offer their frenemies some words of encouragement.....

.....oh.....and to cheat too.....

.....because Bam Bam Bigelow might be the legal man, but he's currently on the outside.....

.....where JPL distracts his attention.....

.....just long enough for Shawn Michaels to take his head off with some Sweet Chin Music.....

.....Bammers hits the floor hard, and as Vader is preoccupied with trying to pull Adam Copeland's head off his shoulders, Bigelow is unable to meet the officials count of ten, which means that remarkably Adam Copeland and Christian Cage just defeated The Forgotten.....

.....by countout.....

.....suck on that Randy Savage.....

Winner(s): Adam Copeland & Christian Cage (via Count Out)

Quote:

.....it might only be a count out victory, but to say that Copeland and Cage are jubilant would be an understatement.....

.....obviously Vince Russo and Randy Savage had visions of the Totally Awesome Two getting a humbling beating here but that hasn't happened and it hasn't happened because of the man that Savage will be facing in just six days time, Shawn Michaels.....

.....Vader and Sullivan go over to check on Bam Bam (although Vader looks like he would rather be heading over in Shawn Michaels direction) as Copeland and Cage rush over to a waiting Big Ray-Ray in the aisleway.....

.....Ray-Ray isn't the only one in the aisle.....Michaels and Levesque are there too, with the usually condescending pair actually going over to congratulate the Titan Duo, before they head to the back and out of Vaders way, leaving the commentators questioning whether they were out here to help Copeland and Cage, or whether they were simply out here to mess with the Macho Man's head.....

.....I guess we'll find out Sunday.....

Quote:

.....where Mean Gene is standing by with two gentlemen that will be teaming up later this evening, Chris Benoit and Diamond Dallas Page.....the former WCW Tag Team Champions.....should make for a pretty cohesive unit then right?.....

.....eh, maybe not so much.....

.....actually (as Mean Gene points out like the little troublemaker that he is) the pairs relationship has been somewhat strained as of late, with Page believing that Benoit should be joining him in the war against the Sovereignty, while Benoit believed that Page shouldn't have joined that war to begin with, instead he should have focused on regaining the Tag Team Titles.....

".....but tonight gentlemen, you'll be teaming up to take on Lance Storm and Lord Steven Regal.....Chris Benoit, is this you finally picking a side?....."

.....Benoit says that this isn't a case of picking a side, it's simply a case of another match, another win, another step closer to a Championship opportunity for Chris Benoit.....the Crippler says that he has no problem with Storm and Regal, but he's had no problem in FACING them either.....he says that in recent weeks he's faced BOTH men in singles competition, not for Page, not for WCW, not for America.....but for HIM.....and for competition.....

".....and tonight is no different.....I'll fight Lance Storm.....I'll fight Steven Regal.....and when I win.....when my arm gets raised.....I WILL be one step closer to getting the title shot that I want....."

".....you mean when WE win?....."

.....Dallas says that there's a lot of I, I, I, me, me, me there, but not much WE.....telling Benoit to remember that this is a TAG TEAM match.....but Benoit just scoffs, telling Page that HE never forgot.....it's Dallas that forgot that they were a tag team.....

".....hey, I didn't forget NOTHING bro.....I stood side by side with you, week in and week out against the Scumbags of Wrestling.....I stood side by side with you when we were handed those tag titles.....all I asked was for you to stand side by side with me while I took care of these Sovereignty Jack-off's.....you gonna stand side by side with me tonight? Or do I need to worry about that "Canadian Pride" getting in the way?....."

".....typical bloody American.....this isn't about pride lad....."

.....speaking of the Sovereignty, here they are.....and Regal is quick to let Page know that "pride" isn't a part of this.....

".....god forbid we should burst your ridiculous little red, white and blue bubble sunshine, I know how much you yanks love to scream out "USA" like the moronic little sheep that you are, but this isn't about pride, this is about decency.....this is about the fact that you Americans are a bunch of ungrateful, knuckle-dragging, slobbering Neanderthals.....USA indeed.....Uncouth Slobbish Animals.....the whole lot of you make me bloody sick....."

.....that's a whole lot of foreign presence in the room.....Storm tells Page (and indirectly Benoit) not to worry though.....he says that unlike the majority of Americans, the Sovereignty aren't the type to jump, assault or scuffle with their opponents in the back.....

".....we choose to do our fighting in the ring where it matters, because that's what GENTLEMEN do....."

.....Storm tells Benoit that despite what Dallas Page would have him believe, they have always treated him fairly and with respect.....when Chris Benoit defeated him, he shook his hand like a man.....LAST week, it wasn't the Sovereignty that interjected themselves into his match, it was DDP that cost him the victory.....

".....so while we too embrace the competition that comes from competing AGAINST you, we would much rather be competing WITH you.....but that.....that is a conversation for another day.....TODAY.....today we simply wish you good luck....."

.....with that Storm (followed by each and every member of the Sovereignty) shakes Chris Benoit by the hand, before walking off, leaving DDP to question exactly where Chris Benoit's loyalties lie.....

.....I guess we'll find out later.....

Quote:

.....quite a bit later.....because while we have one America vs. Canada feud bubbling along nicely, we have an America vs. Canada singles match right here as Rick Martel takes on Curt Hennig.....

.....Curt Hennig (as much as he's tried to avoid it) is set to face The Rock this Sunday at SuperBrawl.....he perhaps softened up the Great One this past week on Thunder, assaulting The Rock on his own show.....if he can couple that with a decent victory here too then he'd have some pretty good momentum going into Sunday's event.....

.....Rick Martel still has plenty to offer (even at his advanced age) he's fundamentally solid in the ring and with enough name value to still make him as a credible opponent.....he DOESN'T have a match lined up for SuperBrawl though.....which is why he does the job here, counting the lights after getting planted with a Hennig Plex for the one, two, three.....

Winner: Curt Hennig

Quote:

.....victory in the bag, Curt is joined in the ring by Mean Gene, who wants to get his thoughts on this upcoming contest with the Rock, asking Hennig if he's still trying to avoid going one on one with the Great One?.....

".....hold on right there little man.....Curt Hennig has NEVER ducked a match in his life and I'm not about to start now.....did I look like I was trying to avoid the Rock on Thunder? I took it right to The Rock on his own show and I left him laying like the punk kid that he is.....I'm here tonight, but unless my eyes deceive me, little Rocky is NOT.....so tell me Gene, who's avoiding who?....."

.....Curt says he frankly had more important things to concern himself with rather than wasting his time with The Rock (like capturing the United States Championship) but after Rocky convinced Eric Bischoff to NOT give Curt Hennig the title shot on Thunder (Editors Note: something which Rock actually had nothing to do with, don't believe everything you hear Curt) Hennig says he is going to take that cocky punk at SuperBrawl and knock him down a peg or ten.....

".....Rocky, I know you think you're something special.....I know you've got your 'people'.....well you can take it from Curt Hennig, your people are morons.....Rocky, at SuperBrawl it's going to be YOU going one on one with the greatest one.....ME.....and when I hook you, stick you on the mat with the Hennig Plex and pin your shoulders to the mat for the one, two, three, then THAT.....will be absolutely perf....."

".....hold on Curt Hennig, I'm sorry to cut you off but I'm getting word in my ear that we have a situation unfolding in the back....."

Quote:

.....bit rude that Gene.....he's not wrong though, we do have a situation unfolding in the back.....

.....a giant situation.....

.....because THE Giant is currently going toe to toe with Sid Vicious, and everybody had better get out of their way.....

.....these two behemoths have been circling each other for months now.....they're set to meet at SuperBrawl and have always coming close to exchanging blows but never actually getting physical.....that all changed on Thunder, when Giant cost Sid the opportunity to become the WCW US Champion and it's continuing here as Sid looks to gain a measure of revenge.....

.....one seven footer alone can cause a lot of damage.....TWO seven footers attempting to drive one another's heads through a concrete wall means that the backstage area is complete carnage.....even the backstage personal (and Doug Dillenger's crack security team) are giving the situation a wide berth, as Godzilla and King Kong go to war.....

.....the two men attempt to Chokeslam each other on a number of occasions (with Sid even attempting to put the Giant through a table in the catering area) but in the end neither man is successful, and as they eventually slam through a side exit in the arena, security quickly slam the door closed behind them (and actually congratulate themselves on a job well done.....way to 'security' guys) as Vicious and Giant presumably fight their way all the way down the street.....

.....but at least they are OUT of the building.....

.....they're the city's problem now.....

Quote:

.....with the situation in the back now resolved, we go back to the arena, where (with Curt Hennig already making his exit) Mean Gene is also heading to the back.....

.....he comes to a halt though.....

.....because the unmistakable riff of Bill Goldberg's theme music starts to play.....looks like 'da man' is here.....

.....Mean Gene excitedly tells the fans that this was certainly not expected, but after getting assaulted, injured (re-injured) and then stripped of the WCW Television Championship, it would seem that the undefeated rookie sensation is back.....and that can't spell good news for the rest of the WCW roster.....

.....the music continues to play and the crowd pops huge as the pyro's flame at the entrance way.....as the man walks out from the back.....

.....or rather the MEN walk out from the back, and the cheers transform to jeers as Eddie Guerrero (and nephew Chavo) swagger onto the entrance ramp.....

".....”rale holmes.....were you expecting someone else esŤ?....."

.....clearly pleased with themselves, the Guerrero's share a good laugh at Gene's expense, as the frustrated announcer questions what they are doing out here right now?.....

".....easy esŤ, easy.....I'm Eddie Guerrero holmes, the man with the hottest streak in ALL of wrestling.....that means that I can do what I want, go where I want....and say what I want....."

.....Eddie says that what he wants to say right now, is that in spite of Eric Bischoff's attempts to steal this United States Title from around his waist, he's STILL out here with the gold, just like he'll STILL be out here with the gold when SuperBrawl is said and done.....

".....because Curt Hennig, he found out that the REAL Papi of Perfection was Eddie Guerrero.....The Rock, he couldn't go one on one with the greatest one esť.....Bill Goldberg, where's he at holmes?.....the only streak he has, is the big yellow streak up his back, because Mean Gene.....he's a chicken esť....."

.....Mean Gene isn't buying that, telling Eddie Guerrero that Bill Goldberg is ANYTHING but a 'chicken', and Mr. Guerrero may well find himself eating those words when the undefeated rookie returns.....

".....particularly Eddie Guerrero, if you insist on mocking the man.....with that being said, this Sunday you have more pressing problems to contend with in the form of Jean Paul Levesque.....and while your methods for retaining that Championship to date have been questionable at best, when it comes down to you holding that US Title or Jean Paul Levesque holding that title (and I can't believe I'm even saying this) whether you lie, cheat OR steal, I for one hope that you are able to keep that 'streak' in tact for at least ONE more match....."

.....I guess that tells you how popular JPL (and Shawn Michaels) are, because our resident 'anti-WCW' brigade are so despised around here, that even Eddie Guerrero is the preferable man to hold the gold.....

.....Eddie tells Gene to hold the praise (it wasn't really praise Eddie to be fair) considering he's spent the last 7 months running down Eddie Guerrero and his incredible streak.....he says that whether Gene wants Eddie to win or not (to borrow a phrase from the Rock) it doesn't matter.....

".....because Eddie Guerrero is the greatest United States Champion ever.....in fact, Eddie Guerrero is the greatest CHAMPION ever, period esť.....JPL, no one likes you holmes.....you AND Shawn Michaels both.....but at SuperBrawl it won't matter, because when you step into the ring with the Papi of Perfection, you're gonna see esť, just like Curt, like little Rocky.....just like Bill Goldberg will find out soon enough.....no matter how good you THINK you are.....

.....Eddie Guerrero is better holmes....."

.....ok that'll do.....let's go to commercial before Mean Gene needs a stiff drink......the mans been out here for long enough....."

Quote:

.....it's time for that tag team match that was mentioned earlier now, as Diamond Dallas Page and Chris Benoit team up for the first time since losing the Tag Team Titles to the Forgotten.....they're not attempting to recapture the gold mind you, they're teaming up to face the Sovereignty pairing of Lance Storm and Steven Regal, something that DDP has been pushing Benoit to do for weeks now.....

.....for Benoit though, this isn't a part of the USA vs. The World feud, it's just another match and another chance to pick up a win.....that's IF the former champions can co-exist, because things have been a little tense between Page and Benoit as of late.....

.....they actually start out very strong.....as I said, Page is embroiled in a bitter feud with the Foreign Fanatics, while Benoit is looking to climb the ranks to a Title opportunity, so both men have a lot to prove here.....it was a great match too, with Storm and Regal eventually isolating Benoit and working him over.....

.....Benoit manages to fight off his opponents and crawls over to the corner to make the hot tag.....unfortunately DDP is arguing with Jacque Rougeau and Carl Oulette (who aren't actually doing anything to interfere in the match) so he's not there when his partner needs him.....and as he yells at Page to pay attention to the match, Regal hooks him from behind and rolls him up for a surprise pinfall.....

Winner(s): Lance Storm & Lord Steven Regal

Quote:

.....Diamond Dallas Page inadvertently cost Chris Benoit a match against Steven Regal recently.....now he's inadvertently cost them BOTH a match.....and Benoit isn't pleased.....

.....he shoves Dallas in the chest, asking him what the hell that was.....he says he was SUPPOSED to be his partner here.....he was SUPPOSED to be there to rely on.....and after all the talk of Lance Storm being untrustworthy, Steven Regal being out to cheat him, Dallas Page was SUPPOSED to have his back.....instead he just cost him ANOTHER victory.....

.....Page shoves Benoit back, telling him that if he hadn't had to worry about the presence of the Amazing French Canadians at ringside then this wouldn't have happened, but Benoit isn't buying that, asking Page exactly what it was that the AFC did to interfere in the match?.....Page (rather reluctantly) admits that they hadn't actually done anything....."yet".....but they would have done.....

.....would have/could have isn't good enough for Benoit, who again shoves Page in the chest, telling him that the way he sees it, the only one costing Benoit matches around here is Diamond Dallas Page.....and he shoves Page again.....

.....Page has had just about enough of that, as a shoving contest breaks out that is about 2 minutes away from turning into a full scale brawl.....

.....which is when the rest of Team USA (Lex Luger, The Patriot, Jim Duggan and The Road Warriors) come rushing out from the back to separate the two men and attempt to regain some kind of order here.....

.....Benoit is p!ssed though.....and restraining him doesn't look like it's going to calm him down any.....

.....Lance Storm takes exception to these Americans putting their hands on his countryman too.....as the Sovereignty form in mass, telling Team USA to get their hands off Chris Benoit.....

.....Page is about sick of the sight of his former partner, telling his CURRENT partners to let him go, as Benoit storms out of the ring and back up the aisle way, flanked by the entire Sovereignty, who tell him (for one) not to stoop to the lows of these Americans (and two) they're going to make ALL of Team USA pay on Sunday night.....

Quote:

.....from one chaotic scene we go to another, as we see a shot of the Titans of Wrestling in the back.....and if Chris Benoit was p!ssed, Randy Savage is P!SSED.....

.....he's throwing stuff about the place, screaming at the Totally Awesome Trinity that they shouldn't be out there cavorting with the enemy.....he says that the THREE of them were in the same room as Shawn Michaels and Jean Paul Levesque, and the DIDN'T rip their heads off.....

".....what the hell is wrong with you.....Titans yeah? Titans?.....you ain't Titans if you don't BE Titans....."

.....Savage says that the Trinity recently had the chance to take down Sting (they didn't) they had the chance to take out Shawn Michaels (they didn't) well now, now they get another chance to prove that they're not completely useless.....

".....Buff Bagwell, he's gonna soften up the Stinger Man now, yeah.....or at least he'd BETTER.....and then.....THEN.....Warrior.....Me.....You Three.....WE.....we're going to get Sting good and ready, yeah.....good and ready for SuperBrawl, DIG IT?....."

.....the Trinity don't look particularly happy about getting a dressing down here.....don't look happy about being called useless either.....but Buff Bagwell is facing Sting next, so there's no time for hurt feelings.....it's time for the Titans to prepare the WCW Champion for the Warrior.....

Quote:

.....which brings us to the main event.....and after having a fantastic match with Adam Copeland a few weeks back (defending the WCW Championship in the process) Sting is once again in there with a member of the Titans of Wrestling, this time Buff Bagwell.....

.....I know that Randy Savage gave the order for Buff to go out here tonight and "soften up" the Stinger, but in all reality Bagwell could have used a night off tonight himself.....Sting might be set to clash with the Warrior at SuperBrawl, but Buff has a big match of his own when he faces off against Roddy Piper, and (unlike at Starrcade) the Hot Rod is fully fit and looking for revenge.....

.....this match was good.....it wasn't as good as the match with Copeland, but it wasn't far off.....Bagwell has come on leaps and bounds since associating himself with the Titans of Wrestling and where as he WAS a midcarder (inexplicably teaming with Samu of the SST) he can now comfortably hang in the main event.....

.....he puts on a good showing too.....I don't think anyone was expecting Buff to win here, but he certainly controlled the offence for a good portion of the match.....eventually it was his own cockiness that got the better of him, showboating a little bit too long before a Blockbuster attempt, which gave Sting time to move.....

.....Bagwell hit the mat, Sting turned him over into the Scorpion Death Lock, Bagwell submitted, Sting won.....

.....the end.....

Winner: Sting

Quote:

.....of the match.....not the end of the action.....because as Sting has his hand raised, the remaining Titans of Wrestling make their way out from the back.....

.....it's clear that Savage wants the WCW Champion to suffer tonight, instructing the Totally Awesome Trinity to join himself and Warrior in a little post match beatdown here.....and the trio DO come out.....but they appear in no hurry.....

.....in fact, as Randy Savage and The Warrior climb into the ring (flanking Sting) the Trinity aren't even halfway down the aisle yet.....

.....Sting doesn't back down an inch as he and Warrior go face to face.....Savage is clearly distracted by the time it's taking for Copeland, Cage and Traylor to actually make it to ringside, turning to yell at the trio to hurry up.....

.....which is when Shawn Michaels and JPL come sauntering out from the back.....

.....Savages eyes bulge in fury when he sees the pair arrive.....but not as much as they do when he sees them catch up with the Trinity.....and the Trinity DON'T instantly assault them.....

.....in fact, the Trinity (Copeland and Cage at least, Big Ray-Ray isn't much of a talker) seem to be listening intently to whatever Michaels and Levesque are whispering in their ears.....we can't hear it over the noise of the crowd, but whatever it was it was obviously effective, because after a few moments of exchanged words (and to the shock of The Macho Man) the Totally Awesome Trinity turn.....

.....and walk to the back with Shawn Michaels and Jean Paul Levesque.....

.....even The Warrior turns his head to watch that remarkable sight.....

.....he probably shouldn't have.....because the minute he takes his eyes off Sting, the WCW Champion snatches his SuperBrawl opponent.....

.....and drives him to the mat with the Scorpion Death Drop.....

.....Savage quickly spins around at the sound of the Warrior hitting the mat, and he instantly gets clotheslined over the top rope for his troubles, sending him crashing down to the floor below.....

.....and while the Titans of Wrestling are usually used to closing these shows on a high, here tonight (just six days before SuperBrawl) it's WCW standing tall.....and our WCW Champion standing in the middle of the ring, with that Big Gold Belt raised high in the air.....

.....is that what we're going to see Sunday night?.....Tony Schiavone certainly hopes so.....

.....until then, we'll see you Thursday fans.....

Final Rating: A*

Unread 02-03-2020, 05:44 PM
Major League

From Thunder to the Extreme: Week 4, February 1998

Preview for WCW Thunder: Week 4, February 1998

Shawn Michaels vs. Bam Bam Bigelow
Comments:

Adam Copeland & Christian Cage vs. Los Guerrero's (Eddie & Chavo)
Comments:

Blitzkrieg vs. Kid Kash
Comments:

Barry Darsow & John Nord vs. The Lumana'i
Comments:

Juventud Guerrera vs. Scott Taylor
Comments:

The Rock vs. Ray Traylor
Comments:

Preview for ECW Hardcore TV: Week 4, February 1998

Matches From ECW House Party 1998

ECW Championship Match
Sandman (c) vs. New Jack
Comments:

The FBI vs. The Brood
Comments:

Chris Chetti vs. JT Smith
Comments:

Plus: Terry Funk has vowed to challenge the winner of the ECW Championship Match for a shot at the title, there and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
Very solid NWO to4sty. Nice feeling that we generally have an idea where everyone is going for Mania - should make a wild finish to this dynasty.
I think it was fairly obvious in some ways where we were going to end up, but itís nice to finally be able to actually ďannounceĒ the matches.....I certainly hope it makes for an interesting finish to the dynasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
Very good show!
Thank you kind sir
Unread 02-03-2020, 11:03 PM
Phenom

Comments:

Comments:

Blitzkrieg vs. Kid Kash
Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

The Rock vs. Ray Traylor
Comments:

ECW Championship Match
Sandman (c) vs. New Jack
Comments:

The FBI vs. The Brood
Comments:

Comments:
Unread 02-04-2020, 06:33 AM
Super Star

From Thunder to the Extreme: Week 4, February 1998

Comments:

Comments:

Blitzkrieg vs. Kid Kash
Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

The Rock vs. Ray Traylor
Comments:

ECW Championship Match
Sandman (c) vs. New Jack
Comments:

The FBI vs. The Brood
Comments:

Comments:

Plus: Terry Funk has vowed to challenge the winner of the ECW Championship Match for a shot at the title, there and then.
Unread 02-04-2020, 06:41 PM
All Star

Really love the tease with Copeland and Cage teaming up with HBK & JPL - though I'm not sure HBK and JPL really want them around...

Comments:

Comments:

Blitzkrieg vs. Kid Kash
Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

The Rock vs. Ray Traylor
Comments:

ECW Championship Match
Sandman (c) vs. New Jack
Comments:

The FBI vs. The Brood
Comments:

Comments:
Unread 02-10-2020, 03:28 PM
Living Legend

Comments:

Comments:

Blitzkrieg vs. Kid Kash
Comments:

Comments:

Juventud Guerrera
vs. Scott Taylor
Comments:

The Rock
vs. Ray Traylor
Comments:

ECW Championship Match
Sandman (c) vs. New Jack
Comments:

The FBI vs. The Brood
Comments:

Chris Chetti
vs. JT Smith
Comments:
Unread 02-11-2020, 01:00 PM
Major League

Blitzkrieg vs. Kid Kash
The Rock vs. Ray Traylor

ECW Championship Match
Sandman (c) vs. New Jack
The FBI vs. The Brood
Unread 02-11-2020, 04:25 PM
Major League

Week 4, February 1998
Reunion Arena (Dallas, Texas)
ATT: 12,900
TV: 28.27
Announce Team: Tony Schiavone, Dusty Rhodes and Larry Zbyszko

Quote:

.....are you able to detect the odour of the meal that The Rock is preparing?.....I hope so because it's Thursday Night, its Thunder, it's the Rocks show, and the Rock is here right now to open us hot.....

.....Rocky marches down the aisle and mounts the turnbuckles to salute his 'people', before grabbing a microphone to let everyone know exactly why he's out here.....that being the fact that the last time we saw The Rock, he was getting a brutal beatdown at the hands of Curt Hennig AND the Totally Awesome Trinity.....

".....now the Rock knows.....he KNOWS that Curt Hennig doesn't have the Minnesota Monkey-nuts to walk out here right now and go one on one with the Great One....."

.....Rocky says that he KNOWS that the only way Curt Hennig will step into the ring with the Rock on HIS show, will be if the Rock hands him a steel chair and turns his back to give him a free shot.....

".....so Curt Hennig, that's not why The Rock is here, because The Rock already has your Candy-Ass at SuperBrawl.....The Rock knows that Curt Hennig can bowl a perfect game.....The Rock knows that Curt Hennig can hit that perfect hole in one.....the Rock knows that Curt Hennig can catch that perfect throw to himself.....AND THE ROCK KNOWS THAT AT SUPERBRAWL, CURT HENNIG IS GOING TO CATCH THE ROCKS BOOT PERFECTLY UP HIS CANDY-ASS.....

.....see this isn't about Sunday, it's not about SuperBrawl and it's not about Curt Hennig.....this is about the Rock kicking the crap out of Hanson and their fat uncle Ray.....Adam Copeland, Christian Cage, the Rock knows that the Titans of Wrestling don't like to work Thursdays.....they don't like to work Thursdays because they know that the Rock LOVES to work Thursday....but you three jabronies are about as popular with the Titans right now as fart in church and the Rock knows that Vince Russo isn't going to let you set at home plaiting each other's hair and polishing Uncle Ray's nightstick.....

.....so the Rock says this, it's Thunder baby!.....it's Thursday Night, it's the Rock's show and the Rock is ready to electrify the millions (and millions) of the Rocks fans right here, right now.....so one of you, ANY one of you.....put on your big boy pants, walk down that aisle, step between these ropes, go one on one with the great one, and take a 'totally awesome' ass-kicking courtesy of the Rock....."

.....looks like Rocky was right, the Totally Awesome Trinity ARE here.....and they are HERE too.....as the three men make their way out from the back.....Copeland has a microphone, telling Rocky that they've told him before, there's only ONE great one in professional wrestling.....

".....and his name.....is Hollywood Hogan 'brother'.....you know what 'Rocky', me or Christian, we could totally kick your ass....."

".....we totally could....."

".....but we totally WON'T....."

".....no way, we TOTALLY won't....."

".....but Big Ray-Ray will....."

".....Big Ray-Ray's totally going to make you serve some hard time....."

".....tell him why Christian....."

.....Christian says that he and Copeland have made other plans tonight.....they say that they totally don't like being in someone's debt, and since Shawn Michaels and JPL helped the Awesome Two to defeat The Forgotten on Nitro (and since Michaels now has to face the wrath of Bam Bam Bigelow tonight because of that) the Trinity are totally going to do them a solid.....Big Ray-Ray is going to totally shut the mouth of The Rock tonight (who seems determined to p!ss off JPL with his constant 'Jipple the Nipple' barbs) when he rams his nightstick down his throat.....

".....and me and Adam, we're totally going to do what Randy Savage keeps telling us to do.....we're going to soften up the Champion ahead of SuperBrawl.....the United States Champion that is.....because we're going to totally wipe the floor with Eddie Guerrero....."

".....and his little dog too....."

".....woah, woah, woah.....let the Rock stop you there.....first of all, the Rock's got no problem with you two jackasses beating on Eddie Guerrero, in fact the Rock will even stand there in the back, cheering you on.....but are you seriously trying to tell the Rock that you're doing this for Jipple?.....the Nipple?.....do you really think that Shawn Michaels and his Hairy Left Nipple are going to thank you for that?....."

".....I totally think....."

".....IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!.....Totally Awesome Trinity? Well the Rock says this, send down fat uncle Ray, the Rocks got no problem with that.....in fact, the Rock will send him back to you with that nightstick shoved so far up his candy ass that even his tonsils are going to be serving hard time.....and then, when you're done with the Guerrero's.....when you've done massaging the ego of Shawn Michaels.....when you're done tweaking Jipple, the Hairy Left Nipple, you come and find the Rock.....because whether you're a Titan of Wrestling or a Triple Trinity Titty Twister, it doesn't matter.....because whether it's you, you or you, Curt Hennig, Shawn Michaels or Jipple the Nipple, when you step into the ring and go one on one with the great one, the Rock is going to lay the smack down on your candy ass.....

.....IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLLLALALALALA.....WHAT THE ROCK.....IS.....COOKING....."

Quote:

.....I'm still desperately trying to condense these show lengths.....I usually fail (as shown in that opening promo) but I'm really, REALLY going to try this time.....

.....so, with that being said let's get to our opening match.....it IS the Rock facing off against Ray Traylor, perhaps not the Trinity member he wanted but the Trinity member he got.....Big Ray-Ray was there the last time we saw Rocky on screen (getting assaulted by a chair wielding Curt Hennig) and certainly got enough licks in on both Rocky AND Rikishi that the Great One would be looking for payback here.....

.....he got payback too.....The Enforcer got plenty of offence in and certainly wasn't made to look weak here, but in the end Rocky was able to catch him with a Rock Bottom and drive him into the mat for the one, two, three.....

Winner: The Rock

Quote:

.....big win for the Rock, who's celebrating with his 'people' as we air a SuperBrawl commercial, and when we come back we are greeted by the sight of Mike Tenay, microphone in hand as he welcomes his guest.....

.....Rowdy Roddy Piper.....

.....Roddy is still incredibly over with the crowd (even in spite of his advancing age) so he get a great reception as he makes himself way out to hype his upcoming Pay Per View match with Buff Bagwell.....

.....Tenay says that the last time Piper faced off with Buff Bagwell he walked (or rather limped) out with a loss under his belt.....

".....now two months later and on two good legs.....revenge MUST be on your mind?....."

.....Piper just smiles at that, scratching his head as he tells Tenay that this isn't about revenge.....it's about finding out.....not finding out if he still has it.....

".....because I never lost it.....no, what I wanna find out Mike Tenay, is if little Marcus is as good as he (and those Titan boys) thinks he is.....

.....everybody saw Roddy Piper lose at Starrcade.....you saw it, he saw it, I saw....actually I didn't see it, but everyone else saw Roddy Piper lose to Buff Bagwell at Starrcade.....now I'm not going to make excuses.....I mean, sure I could barely walk.....sure, I'd been beaten black and blue by the rest of the Titan stooges.....but I'm not making excuses.....sure, it wasn't a sanctioned match, so technically Bagwell didn't win anything, but I'm not making excuses......

.....oh who the hell am I kidding, OF COURSE I'M MAKING EXCUSES!.....

.....Buff Bagwell, you hold a victory over me and you've been dining on that one win for months now.....well I hope you ate well, because Sunday is your last supper and ain't gonna be no resurrection from what I do to you.....

.....Mike Tenay, while the Titans bicker, their empire tumbles.....you've got the three stooges out there doing their own thing, the Warrior, he's got those cute tassels tied a little too tightly around the biceps if he thinks he's beating Sting.....cutting off the blood flow to the brain......then you got Randy Savage.....he's about to step foot into that God forsaken super cage with Shawn Michaels and I gotta tell ya, I don't think anyone cares if they kill each other....."

.....Piper says that after all that, it'll just leave Buff.....and everything that the Hot Rod endured at Starrcade is going to seem like a day at kindergarten compared to what Piper has in store for Bagwell on Sunday.....because he's going to huff, he's going to puff.....and he's going to blow that Buff down.....

Quote:

.....we have a couple of Cruiserweight matches scheduled tonight, with our first one right now involving a gentleman that will actually be competing for the Cruiserweight Championship on Sunday night.....

.....Juventud Guerrera will be looking to take the title away from current Champion Hayabusa at SuperBrawl, but before that he has the small matter of Scott Taylor to contend with.....

.....Taylor isn't your typical Cruiserweight competitor.....he's not especially exciting, doesn't particularly fly, he certainly doesn't wow the crowd with his daredevil escapades......he's decent in the ring though......and very, very, VERY good at putting his opponents over, which is exactly what he does here.....Juvi shows why he's the number one contender, after finishing off Taylor with the Juvi Driver for the one, two, three.....

Winner: Juventud Guerrera
Rating: C+

Quote:

.....Juvi celebrates his victory, but he doesn't get to celebrate for long before his music is cut off by the arrival of James Vandenberg and his Ministry of Misfits.....

.....Vandenberg walks out onto the entrance ramp along with Mortis, Shinzaki and the WCW Cruiserweight Champion (and SuperBrawl opponent of Guerrera) Hayabusa.....but while Vandenberg comes to a halt on the entrance way, his followers do not.....

.....Juventud watches warily as the trio make their way down the aisle to surround the ring, while Vandenberg brings a microphone to his mouth, telling Juvi that his entire existence could be snuffed out just like that.....

".....one word, one motion, one click of my fingers and my congregation could lay waste to the pitiful career that you have built for yourself....."

.....Vandenberg raises one arm slowly and as one the three men at ringside climb up onto an apron, staring down the Cruiserweight Challenger.....

".....in the blink of an eye, all of your hopes and dreams could be washed away under a tidal wave of violence and suffering.....fortunately for you, Hayabusa has chosen to take this task for himself.....alone....."

.....the Cruiserweight Champion looks at both Shinzaki and Mortis in turn, as each man slowly lowers himself to the floor leaving Hayabusa to stand alone on the apron, Champion face to face with Challenger.....

".....the 'youth warrior' clashes with the 'falcon' and this is an encounter that you won't survive.....you may fancy yourself a warrior Mr. Guerrera, but make no mistake, this is no 'youth' that you face.....this is a man.....a soldier.....MY Soldier.....my purifier.....MY Cruiserweight Champion and he will remain MY Cruiserweight Champion.....my Cruiserweight Champion, who could dispose of his challenger right here and right now....."

.....Hayabusa slowly climbs through the ropes as Juvi watches him cautiously, and as Vandenberg's man unhooks the Cruiserweight Championship from around his waist and lays it on the mat in front of him (almost offering Guerrera a symbolic line to cross) before staring straight at his SuperBrawl opponent.....

".....young and naÔve, your visions of grandeur may have bought you to the dance, but the music is about to stop playing on you song of celebration, as your funeral pyre ignites and the cleansing flames flicker at the feet of the eulogy of your career.....

.....but not tonight....."

.....with that, Hayabusa drops abruptly to the mat, snatching his Championship belt as he rolls quickly to the outside again, as he, Shinzaki and Mortis back up the aisle, coming to a halt behind their leader.....

".....Ecclesiastes 11:9.....Rejoice, O young man, in your youth.....and let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth.....walk in the ways of your heart and the sight of your eyes.....but know that for all these things.....at SuperBrawl.....Hayabusa.....will bring you into judgment....."

.....and just as abruptly as they arrived, this Unholy Ministry slowly turns and walks to the back, leaving the commentators to question whether James Vandenberg is taking this whole 'Minister' thing a little bit too far.....as Juventud Guerrera resumes (half-heartedly) celebrating his victory.....and we air a quick promo for SuperBrawl VIII.....

Quote:

.....well we've just had the cruiserweights, so now it's time for the 'definitely not' cruiserweights.....as one time Demolition Smash (Barry Darsow) teams with one time Berzerker (John Nord) two men who have certainly displayed some 'savage' behaviour in the past, face two men who are determined to prove that they are anything but your stereotypical Samoan Savages, Ekmo and Kimo from the Lumana'i.....

.....I don't know what you're really expecting from this match.....Kokina and LA Smooth accompanied their family members to ringside.....the match was ugly.....bowling shoe ugly.....the Lumana'i won after Elmo crushed the life out of Darsow with a top rope splash.....

.....the end.....

Winner(s): The Lumana'i
Rating: C-

Quote:

.....generally, the rule of thumb for the Lumana'i has been pretty similar week after week......Ekmo and Kimo wrestle.....they win.....Kokina and Smooth get in on the action......they crush the life out of the losers a second time.....more often than not, someone (usually Rikishi) tries to put a stop to it.....

.....Rikishi isn't here this week.....

.....he's still at home, recovering from the beating inflicted upon him by the Totally Awesome Trinity last week, so there's no one here to stop the Lumana'i from beating the snot out of Darsow and Nord, with Kokina finally putting the assault to an end after crushing Nord with that Samoan Splash, before the four men raise their arms in celebration.....

.....until Gary Hart comes slowly walking out from the back, coming to a halt on the entrance way.....

.....Kokina laughs when he sees the managers arrival, telling Hart to "come down here little man, get a little taste of Samoan Hospitality" but Hart isn't interested.....he tells Kokina that he's had just about as much 'Samoan Hospitality' as he can stomach, having spent the last few weeks watching Fatu and Samu recuperate from the beating delivered to them from the ONE group of people they should be able to trust.....

".....family.....

.....see, the SST are pretty simple men, they like to eat.....they like to drink.....they like to fight.....but they never thought they'd have to fight for their lives against their own blood.....YOU did that.....you and your little misguided mission to prove a non-existent point resulted in the deepest betrayal.....

.....so be it.....because family or not, savages or not, Fatu and Samu are still honourable men.....and as honourable men, they WILL NOT let this betrayal go unanswered.....so while YOU have no problem with sneaking around and clandestine attacks, let this be your very public advanced warning.....Samu.....Fatu.....they ARE coming back.....and they're coming back for YOU....."

.....again Kokina laughs at this, telling Hart to bring them.....because they'll get exactly the same treatment as they got last time.....

".....we're not hard to find.....this is 1998 and we ain't hiding on some little island, chewing on coconuts and seaweed.....we're out here, week in and week out.....they got these little magic boxes out now, they're called cell phones.....don't need no smoke signals or talking drums, and you certainly don't need some little antiqued mouthpiece like you to pass the message along.....

.....Fatu and Samu want us?.....tell them to come and find us.....we'll be waiting....."

.....I guess the SST are going to be making their return.....not the most exciting return in the world granted, but then Thunder is more often than not the home of the B-Feud.....is The Lumana'i vs. The SST likely to make it to Pay Per View? Probably not.....is it likely to make it to an episode of Thunder? You're darn tooting.....

.....speaking of feuds, let's air a quick recap video of the feud that's been developing between Bill Goldberg and Eddie Guerrero.....a feud that (despite being undefeated) has cost Bill Goldberg the Television Title.....

Quote:

.....speaking of which, here comes the gentleman who stripped Bill Goldberg of that title, the public face of the WCW Championship Committee Eric Bischoff, and he has that Television Title Belt in his hands.....

.....Bischoff tells the crowd that it wasn't an easy decision to make, stripping the undefeated Goldberg of the TV Title (a statement that is met with heavy boo's) but Eddie Guerrero really gave them no choice.....he says that Bill Goldberg was a living, breathing embodiment of what the Committee is looking for in a Champion, unfortunately thanks to a man who is most certainly NOT the living, breathing embodiment of what the Committee is looking for in a Champion (current US Champion Eddie Guerrero) Bill Goldberg was unable to defend his Championship within the mandatory 30 day window.....

".....and as such, we had no choice BUT to vacate this Championship.....not because we wanted to, but because this title deserves to be defended.....

.....of course, in order to BE defended, someone has to actually HOLD this Championship, which is exactly why I'm out here right now.....

.....this title deserves to be defended, this title deserves to have a holder.....next week, it's going to have a holder....."

.....Bischoff says that next week, live on WCW Thunder, we are going to crown a new WCW Television Champion, as we hold a one night, eight man TV Title tournament.....eight men (who are yet to be named) will compete over the course of next week's show, which means that in seven days, this Championship will have a holder.....and then four days later, on Monday Nitro, it's going to be defended too.....

".....so Bill Goldberg, while we wish you a speedy recovery, unfortunately we must crown a new champion.....and as for who is going to be entered into that tournament? That will be announced in the coming days.....which means that everybody in the back there, still has the opportunity to impress....."

.....with that, Eric Bischoff takes his leave because we have a match scheduled up next.....maybe one of those men can impress enough to be entered into this Television Title Tournament.....

Quote:

.....although both competitors here are perhaps more interested in the WCW Cruiserweight Championship rather than the Television Championship.....because it's Blitzkrieg facing off against Kid Kash.....

.....of course that's not to say we WON'T see any Cruiserweight's entering into the TV Title tournament, but then neither of these men have what you would call stellar win/loss records either.....do get me wrong, they BOTH have stellar loss records, but I don think that's what Eric Bischoff is looking for in a Champion.....

.....those loss records are actually the reason we are having this match.....sure we could showcase one of the newer arrivals to the Cruiserweight scene here.....a Psychosis, an Ultimo Dragon, maybe a Brian Lawler.....but both of these guys need a win, so why not put them against each other.....

.....the in ring action in this one was very good (only the fan reaction let it down.....after all, both men have been losing more than they've been winning) with plenty of high flying manoeuvres and fast paced offence.....in the end though, it was Kid Kash that did just enough to pick up the victory, finishing his opponent off with the Money Maker for the one, two, three.....

Winner: Kid Kash
Rating: C

Quote:

.....maybe Kid Kash WILL be in line for a spot in that TV Title tournament after all.....but as we go backstage, we see two gentlemen that are definitely interested in putting their names in the hat, it's Alex Wright and Disco Inferno.....and when I say backstage, I mean wayyyyyy backstage.....like, way back in the production truck backstage, because they're surrounded by monitors and sound engineers.....

.....these two men got absolutely demolished by the Forgotten a few shows back, but prior to that they had actually began to amass a pretty good win record (including a victory over the current number one contenders to the tag team titles, The Nasty Boys) so that one loss isn't particularly detrimental.....particularly as it was to Vader and Bammers, who have been destroying pretty much everyone as of late.....

.....right now it looks like Alex Wright is going back to his roots, dancing in the background with huge earphones on and plugged into a monitor that's playing what seems to be his entrance music and video.....Disco on the other hand is telling one of the production monkeys to wind something back, as he re-watches Eric Bischoff's announcement that there is going to be a one night tournament next week on Thunder to crown a brand new Television Champion.....

.....with the announcement over (again) Disco excitedly turns to Wright and slaps the oblivious European on the chest, trying to get his attention.....and when that doesn't work, he finally slaps the big earphones right off his head.....

".....Schweinehund!.....I was listening to that....."

.....Disco tells his pal not to worry about that now.....this isn't the time for dancing.....

".....you heard what Bischoff said.....there's going to be a new TV Champion crowned next week and WE should be in that tournament.....ok, I know we didn't beat the Forgotten, but c'mon, we've been on fire recently.....Bischoff has GOT to enter us in that tournament....."

".....mein gott.....did Vader squash your little American head? What do you mean this isn't the time for dancing.....it's ALWAYS time for dancing....."

.....with that, Wright shakes his head and picks the earphones back up, before returning to his electro-techno comfort zone, busting out moves to music that only he can hear.....Disco though, he's got other things on his mind.....telling a (rather bored looking) production man to play the Bischoff promo one more time.....

....clearly our Disco loving friend as aspirations of becoming the Television Champion.....

.....let's leave them there.....

Quote:

.....and go to two other gentlemen.....two other gentlemen who have also had their share of interaction with the Forgotten as of late.....in fact, one of them (Shawn Michaels) is going to be facing off against Bam Bam Bigelow later this evening.....

.....Mike Tenay has the unenviable assignment of getting some words from the unpopular pair, the first of which being why.....why, after spending months fighting against the Titans of Wrestling, have Shawn Michaels and Jean Paul Levesque recently been HELPING them.....with 'them' being the Totally Awesome Trinity.....

.....I don't think Shawn was listening to the question, because he continues to stare blankly into space as Levesque answers the question.....JPL says that it's not about helping the Titans of Wrestling.....they're still very much focused on taking the Titans out (in fact, Shawn Michaels is going to take out Randy Savage permanently at SuperBrawl) this is about helping the Totally Awesome Trinity out.....

".....out of the Titans of Wrestling that is.....see, Copeland and Cage, we kinda like them.....sure, they have questionable taste, but they're crass.....they're brash.....they're arrogant.....they're.....well, they're us.....but for all that Mike Tenay, they're young.....and the young sometimes idolise the wrong Idols.....they say never meet your heroes, well Copeland and Cage are realising that SOMETIMES, the Stars that you grew up watching, aren't quite so perfect when you watch them close up.....Randy Savage, he's not exactly nurturing their potential is he.....and 'Hollywood', he's nowhere to be seen.....

.....maybe it's time that Adam Copeland and Christian Cage found a 'Totally Awesome' new Idol.....or two....."

".....or maybe, maybe this is just a case of you two jabronies getting someone else to do your dirty work for you....."

.....looks like the Great One isn't done yet this evening, as (much to the obvious annoyance of JPL) The Rock comes walking into shot, pausing for a moment to look at Michaels, before nodding at Levesque.....

".....s'up Jipple....."

.....it's fairly obvious that JPL is getting fed up of this Jipple the Nipple business, especially as he smiles insincerely at the new arrival, telling Rocky that he's not phased by the name calling.....Rocky says he is glad to hear that, because he's hear a LOT of different people call Jipple a LOT of different names.....

".....and The Rock's gotta tell ya, 'Jipple' is probably the only one the Rock can repeat here on The Rock's show....."

.....Rocky tells Levesque that he thought very little of him before, but he thinks even less of him now, going so low as to get the Totally Awesome Trinity to do his dirty work for him.....first trying to get them to take out The Rock.....secondly by getting them to try and take out Eddie Guerrero next.....

".....problem you've got is The Rock's still standing, and after laying the smack down on fat uncle Ray earlier tonight, The Rock is ready to whip some more Trinity ass.....and Jipple......you big hairy nipple.....once the Rock's done whooping blonde and blonder.....once The Rock has done laying the smack down on Curt Hennig all around that arena Sunday night.....the Rock guarantees.....he guaran-damn-tees.....that he's going to take your head and shove it straight up Shawn Michaels candy ass....."

.....Shawn laughs at that, telling the Rock that if he thinks for one second that Mr. Wrestling Shawn Michaels is going to waste one single second on a nobody like him then he's sorely mistaken.....

".....I mean, WCW is already littered with literally nobodies, but you.....YOU.....you are the bottom of the barrel.....tell me Mr. Great One, what have you done so great huh? Lost to Vader? Lost to Eddie Guerrero? Twice? Seems to me that Mr. Great One is just like everyone else in WCW.....second rate and mediocre....."

.....Levesque corrects Michaels.....telling him that there are at least a couple of prospects in WCW.....a couple of prospects that are in action next.....against someone that (unlike Rocky) Levesque is going to wipe the floor with on Sunday.....

".....because maybe YOU can't beat Eddie Guerrero.....but I sure as hell can.....I sure as hell WILL.....and when I do, we'll see then who the god damn joke around here is, funny man....."

.....with that, a frustrated Levesque barges past an amused looking Rock, presumably to head off and watch Copeland and Cage (who are in action next) leaving Michaels and Rocky to stare each other down a minute, before Shawn finally smiles and slaps Rocky on the shoulder, telling him that HE really couldn't care less about The Rock, but JPL, he's got a real bug up his ass about the so called people's champion.....he might want to watch his mouth.....

.....AND his back.....

.....not that The Rock looks overly concerned.....

.....let's go down to the ring.....

Quote:

.....where it's time for tag team action.....but probably NOT the tag team action everyone was expecting.....after all, Copeland and Cage are hardly white hat wearing fan favourites around here.....while the Guerrero's, well.....they're not exactly everyone's heroes either, particularly after their treatment of The Rock and more recently Bill Goldberg.....

.....so who to cheer for? That's the question.....

.....it would seem like the answer (initially anyway) was Copeland and Cage.....yes they are technically "heels" and yes they are members of the Titans of Wrestling, but in all honesty, they're pretty entertaining too, so it's them that the crowd are rooting for in this (actually very good all things considered) match.....

.....or they WERE rooting for them.....at least until Jean Paul Levesque makes his way out.....

.....despite their hatred of all things WCW (and of the Titans of Wrestling) JPL and Shawn Michaels appear to have taken a bit of a shine to Copeland and Cage.....now whether that's simply a means to an end (like in this match here, where the Totally Awesome Two have agreed to face JPL's SuperBrawl opponent) or whether it's simply to mess with the heads of the rest of the Titans (Shawn Michaels SuperBrawl opponent Randy Savage in particular) remains to be seen, but as Big Ray-Ray distracts the official, Levesque rolls into the ring behind Chavo Guerrero and drops him with a Pedigree, before telling Eddie to "Suck It" as he quickly makes his exit.....

.....Cage makes the cover on the fallen Guerrero and unfortunately for Eddie, he's going into his WCW United States Championship match with JPL off the back of a loss.....that's not good for moral.....

Winner(s): Adam Copeland & Christian Cage

Quote:

.....we leave that scene and head to the back, where a nervous looking Mike Tenay is standing by with The Forgotten.....Bam Bam is staring menacingly at the camera (with his WCW Tag Team Title over one shoulder) while Vader barks that he feels no pain (with his WCW Tag Team Title Belt draped over HIS shoulder) as Tenay addresses Kevin Sullivan.....

.....Sully says that Shawn Michaels and Jean Paul Levesque were happily living their pathetic little lives, with nothing to fear but the jeers of these fans.....Shawn Michaels and Jean Paul Levesque were safe.....because they were not on the Forgotten's radar.....

".....see Big Van Vader and Bam Bam Bigelow, they were focused on their next victims.....their next examples.....their next night of destruction.....the Forgotten WERE focused on Brian Knobbs and Jerry Sags.....Shawn Michaels and Jean Paul Levesque were safe.....the Forgotten WERE focused on crushing the Nasty Boys......Shawn Michaels and Jean Paul Levesque were safe.....the Forgotten WERE focused on defending their WCW Tag Team Titles at SuperBrawl.....Shawn Michaels and Jean Paul Levesque were safe......then Shawn Michaels and Jean Paul Levesque decided to get our attention.....

.....Shawn Michaels and Jean Paul Levesque are now.....NOT safe....."

.....Sully says that the Nasty Boys fate is a mere formality, but the destruction of Shawn Michaels next is an absolute certainty.....Bam Bam Bigelow has demanded the Pretty Boy Prima-donna and tonight, he's going to shut Shawn Michaels up once and for all.....

".....and if his little friend wants to get involved too.....if Jean Paul Levesque sticks his nose into this match.....tell them what time it's going to be Vader....."

".....:::::!!!!!IT'S VADER TIME!!!!!:::::....."

.....maybe it will be.....but before that, it's backstage segment time.....

.....let's go over to the Totally Awesome Trinity.....

Quote:

.....who are celebrating their "totally awesome" win in the back......Big Ray-Ray didn't have such a good night tonight but he's happy for his boys.....he even nearly smiled.....nearly.....

.....the Trinity look to be about done for the night (despite The Rock promising that HE wasn't done with THEM) and are packing up their bags.....

.....that's when Buff Bagwell comes walking into the room.....

.....the Trinity come to a dead halt when they see Buff (with Copeland and Cage doing a good job of staring at him with their mouths agape) before Christian asks Copeland if he's totally seeing things?.....

".....Buff Bagwell? It's not Buff Bagwell....."

".....it's totally not Buff Bagwell.....Buff is Totally Awesome.....Buff is totally in the Awesome Foursome....."

".....not this guy.....we never see this guy....."

".....not this guy.....this guy is a total d!ck....."

".....a TOTAL d!ck....."

.....Buff tells Copeland and Cage to cut it out.....he says that they know who he is, he's the same Buff Bagwell that's been fighting by their side for month.....but Macho Man told him to come and find them here tonight to tell them th.....

".....oh talk about a total d!ck!.....Macho Man couldn't come down here himself?....."

".....dude, Macho totally doesn't work Thursdays....."

".....neither does this guy anymore....."

".....Buff? No, he's a total kiss-ass....."

".....and a messenger boy....."

".....a total messenger boy....."

".....what's the message boy?....."

.....Buff is clearly annoyed at that, telling the Awesome Two to quit it.....he says that he can see they're packing and ready to go, Macho sent him here to give them a ride, to make sure that they get to where they need to be.....and where they need to be is at SuperBrawl on Sunday to take care of Titan Business.....

.....Ray Traylor hasn't been much of a talker recently (Copeland and Cage do MORE than enough talking to make up for that) but he pipes up here, telling Bagwell that they don't HAVE any Titan Business on Sunday.....they don't even have a match.....

".....but we're supposed to be there to make sure YOU win?.....that HE win's?.....that WARRIOR wins?.....and he sends his little gopher? I tell you what boy, you go back and you tell Randy Savage that if wants me.....he wants Adam.....Christian.....he wants us to be somewhere, ANYWHERE.....he knows where we are.....tell him to come and tell us himself....."

.....Buff isn't happy about that (honestly, I just don't think he wants to go back and tell Savage what Traylor just said) and it all gets a bit shouty, resulting in Traylor finally grabbing Copeland and Cages bags and pulling all of their gear back out, throwing it onto the locker room benches as he tells Bagwell to get the hell out.....

.....he says that the Trinity WERE leaving.....now they're not.....Randy Savage wants to know why, tell him to keep watching......he'll see why.....

".....now get out.....before I PUT you out....."

".....oh, you made Big Ray-Ray mad....."

".....you totally shouldn't make Big Ray-Ray mad....."

".....you should probably run....."

".....I'd totally run....."

.....Buff doesn't run.....but he does leave, telling the Trinity that Macho isn't going to like this, slamming the door behind him as he goes.....that just leaves Copeland and Cage to look at all their gear thrown all over the room.....

".....dude.....you totally trashed our stuff....."

".....is that my jock?....."

".....Big Ray-Ray.....you totally touched Christians jockstrap....."

".....we forgive you Big Ray-Ray....."

".....we could never be mad at you....."

".....what are we going to do now?....."

".....I've totally got an idea....."

.....best make it quick then Mr. Copeland.....there's not long left in the show.....our main event is next.....

Quote:

.....and it's like an episode of Monday Night Raw circa 1995 up in here, as Shawn Michaels faces off against Bam Bam Bigelow.....except Shawn Michaels circa 1995 was still a year away from realising that 'Boyhood Dream', while Bam Bam of 1995 had just lost to the 123 Kid and Sparky Plugg and was a few months away from getting kicked out of the Million Dollar Corporation.....

.....hardly sounds like a match of the year candidate huh.....

.....what a difference a few years can make.....because in 1998 Shawn Michaels can comfortably call himself 'The Icon that can still go', as well as claiming to be one of the longer reigning WWF Champions of recent years......Bammers has been no slouch either.....a former WCW Champion (yikes.....and after defeating Ric Flair too no less) before joining forces with Vader and Sully to form the Forgotten, picking up a tag title reign along the way.....

.....he's also seriously p!ssed off at Shawn Michaels and Jean Paul Levesque, after the pair cost him and Vader their match this past Monday Night.....Shawn sold well for him as well, as the most despised man in World Championship Wrestling had his ass handed to him in what was actually a pretty good match.....

.....in fact, Shawn received such an ass kicking that JPL had to make his way out from the back to try and even up the odds.....

.....except (true to his word) Vader ALSO made his way out, as he and Sullivan made sure that Levesque kept out of this match.....JPL is a slippery so and so though, so he stays well out of the two Forgotten men's grips (routinely telling Vader to "Suck It") and thoroughly distracting the official.....

.....so much so, that as Copeland and Cage (showing us what that 'idea' was all about) come rushing out from the locker rooms and crack a chair across the back of Vaders head, he misses The Enforcer sliding into the ring to nail Bammers with that nightstick.....

.....Bigelow staggers (as Levesque throws Sullivan into the safety rails on the outside) and Michaels comes flying across the ring to hit him right in the mouth with some Sweet Chin Music.....

.....and three seconds later, the Totally Awesome Trinity just handed Randy Savage's SuperBrawl opponent a big victory.....and Macho can't be happy about that.....

Winner: Shawn Michaels

Quote:

.....Levesque continues whaling on Sullivan, as Ray Traylor begins to put the boots to Bigelow.....Vader got knocked to a knee by that chair shot, but it doesn't put him down.....the Con-Chair-To that follows does though, as Copeland and Cage unleash their now signature assault.....

.....Shawn Michaels just watches for a moment, before grabbing a microphone to ask if this is the best that WCW has to offer?.....

".....the big bad Forgotten don't look so big and bad to me.....in fact, they just look like another afterthought.....just another example of WCW mediocrity....."

.....even after that double chair attack, Vader is still trying to get back to a somewhat vertical position, and even Bammers is trying to roll over to the ropes to pull himself back up, so Michaels breaks away from the microphone for a minute to direct traffic, instructing the Trinity to finish what they started.....and remarkably that's exactly what happens, as Shawn Michaels and Jean Paul Levesque fight side by side with the Titans of Wrestling to make sure that the Forgotten stay down.....

.....finally, with Sully, Vader and Bam Bam down, Copeland, Cage and Traylor join Michaels and JPL in the ring, where Shawn continues his tirade.....he says that in all of WCW, there are very few things that stand out......He is one.....JPL is one......the Totally Awesome Trinity is one.....but they've been dogged down and tarnished by Randy Savage and the rest of the Titans of Wrestling.....so much so, that at SuperBrawl, they don't even have a match.....

".....well that's ok boys.....because you can watch how some REAL Titans do it, when JPL becomes Mr. USA and ol' Mr. Wrestling himself teaches your fearless leader a lesson that he'll never forget inside that steel cage.....and then.....maybe you'll have the good sense to tell Randy Savage the same thing we've been telling all of WCW for months now.....

.....Suck It....."

.....with that, Michaels throws down the microphone and raises his arms, as Levesque holds up the arms of Copeland and Cage respectively.....

.....Shawn Michaels has been promising to destroy the Titans of Wrestling for months now.....is he about to do just that, by tearing it down from the inside?.....is he about to do that, without even lifting a finger, simply by feeding the dissension that already exists within the group?.....

.....maybe we'll find out Sunday.....

.....we'll see you at SuperBrawl fans.....

Final Rating: B+

Unread 02-16-2020, 08:55 AM
Major League

Week 4, February 1998
Highlights from ECW House Party 1998

Quote:

.....we only have one match remaining from our big House Party event (but it's THE match.....the ECW Championship match) which means that our other two matches tonight both come from a recent ECW live show.....

.....we opened up that live show (as we often do) with Joey Styles welcoming everyone to the evenings entertainment, before generally getting the crowd as hyped up as he possibly can.....and it's during that hype session that he's rudely interrupted.....

.....by JT Smith of all people.....

.....JT has been desperate to regain his 'Made Man' status within the Full Bloodied Italians, but he hasn't been having much luck as of late, being repeatedly told to "fuggetaboutit" by the Big Don Tommy Rich.....well apparently (as Joey asks him what it is that he wants) he's not taking no for an answer and he's out here to try again.....

".....because Joey Styles, you know as well as I do, JT Smith is as Italian as Pizza Pie.....as Full Bodied of an Italian as you can be.....you cut me open Joey and I bleed marinara.....the FBI, they NEED me......and I'm going to prove it.....right now....."

.....Joey isn't convinced, asking JT exactly how he's planning on doing that? But JT has a plan.....he says that there's some mook in the back by the name of Chris Chetti......a real mamaluke that everyone's hot for.....

".....they talking like he's something special Joey.....like he's some....some.....some second coming of JT Smith.....well the FIRST coming of JT Smith is still here, capeesh? So tell that goomba to get out here, so I can show the Big Don what he's missing....."

Rating: D-

Quote:

.....now JT Smith did actually have a match at House Party.....in fact we saw it recently here on Hardcore TV.....much as he did tonight, he made his way out to challenge another up and comer by the name of Rob Van Dam.....

.....it didn't go so well.....

.....this didn't go great for him either.....

.....Chetti has been quietly going about his business here in ECW since his graduation from the House of Hardcore.....now granted, he hasn't been winning many matches, but he has been impressing.....and when you consider the calibre of opponent he's been facing (Taz, Shane Douglas, to name a few) it's perhaps no surprise that his win/loss record has suffered.....BUT, he has improved with every match and each loss has been a learning experience.....

.....as for JT.....well, he's just a klutz.....

.....he demonstrates just how much of a klutz he is during this match, when he climbs the ropes for what looks to be a possible moonsault attempt.....unfortunately he looses his balance and drops backwards to the mat.....now he DOES land on his feet.....but he also plants his face into the top turnbuckle, staggering backwards where Chetti catches him with a beautiful Bridging German Suplex for the one, two, three.....

Winner: Chris Chetti
Rating: D-

Quote:

.....we leave a frustrated JT Smith kicking the ropes in disappointment and head over to Joey Styles in the control centre.....Joey quickly recaps the 'heinous' actions delivered upon Beulah at our House Party event, where Shane Douglas revealed his latest insurance policy (and second threat if his not so subtle hints are anything to go by) as he not only successfully defended his Television Title, but also punished Tommy Dreamer both physically and then emotionally, when the debuting Hellraiser chokeslammed Beulah straight through a wooden table.....

.....from there we cut to a grainy shot of Tommy Dreamer, filmed from what looks to be the inside of a local medical facility, where he informs us that Beulah is currently receiving treatment.....

".....but I've told them Shane.....I've told them to save two spots.....one for you.....and one for that walking Frankenstein's Monster you've got watching your back.....see you can beat on me all you like.....(Tommy begins laying into his own head with punches, until he busts open his existing scar tissue leaving blood running down his face).....I don't care.....I DON'T CARE.....I've been beat on before, I'll be beat on again.....but you Shane Douglas, you payed your hands on Beulah.....you took a 110lb woman and you slammed her onto that mat with a Belly to Belly.....but then.....THEN.....then you went out and found the biggest, baddest monster you could find.....and you had him do the unthinkable.....

.....you had him grab Beulah.....you had him grab her by her throat.....AND THEN YOU HAD HIM CHOKESLAM HER THROUGH A [Expletive Deleted] WOODEN TABLE.....

.....Shane Douglas, this isn't about the TV Title.....this isn't about wins and losses.....this isn't about professional wrestling.....this is about me.....ending you.....for her......Shane Douglas, you will face me......you WILL fight me.....and PLEASE bring your insurance policy.....because like I said, I got two places booked for you right here in this hospital.....except it's not in a hospital room.....

.....I got you two spots booked.....in the morgue....."

.....and from there we change to a shot of the Dudley Clan.....and outside of D-Von's victory, House Party wasn't a good night for our Tie-Dye Heroes.....Chubby and Dances with were on the loosing side against Rookie Team Danny Doring and Roadkill, while Buh Buh was unsuccessful in his efforts to defeat Terry Funk.....but while D-Von was initially (very) annoyed by the fact that his brothers can't buy a win, he ended the night extremely pleased.....because FINALLY (after weeks of badgering) ONE of his brothers at least showed some balls.....

.....the constant belittling and berating by D-Von was obviously too much for Buh-Buh to take, as he joined forces with his bullying brother to fight off Balls Mahoney and Axl Rotten.....

".....and oh my brother what a moment that was.....those two fat chair swinging freaks want to go to war, we'll go to war.....the Dudley Boys.....the REAL Dudley Boys.....we're going to leave the fat brother at the Buffett Table and we're going to leave Chief "Looses a Lot" here to run off and do whatever the hell he does when he's not getting his ass kicked, while you and I brother.....we show Axl Rotten and Balls Mahoney exactly why you don't (Expletive Deleted) with the Dudleys....."

.....with that, a surprising jovial D-Von walks off, leaving the rest of the Dudley Clan to look towards Buh Buh.....

.....Buh Buh tells them not to Lu-Lu-Look at him like that.....he says that D-Von is getting more unhinged by the week, someone needs to keep him in check and it didn't look like Chubby or Dances with were going to step up to the plate anytime soon.....Chubby shakes his head, telling Buh Buh that no, he wasn't.....D-Von frankly terrifies him.....but they have other options.....over directions.....

".....other brothers....."

.....Sign guy quickly slaps a hand over Chubby's mouth (and it's either a brave or a desperate man who puts ANYTHING near Chubby's mouth.....he didn't get his name from dieting) before holding up a sign that simply says "Shhhhh....."

.....Buh Buh tells Chubby that's not an option.....D-Von can NEVER find out about them.....but Dances with is in agreement with Chubby, telling Buh Buh they should at least call 'the little guy'.....Dances says that D-Von is an asshole.....D-Von is a bully.....but 'the little guy'.....he's psychotic.....

".....you know as well as I do.....he's not scared of nothing.....there's nothing he won't do.....nothing he won't try.....no-one he won't fight.....no-one that he....."

.....Buh Buh cuts his brother off there, telling him that's exactly why they CAN'T call him.....'the little guy' will never stop and D-Von won't quit until he takes him down permanently.....

".....and we all know what it would take to put 'him' down permanently.....we can't call him, so don't get any ideas.....

.....for now, just leave D-Von to me....."

Quote:

.....our second match of the evening also took place at that same live event that JT Smith challenged young Chris Chetti.....and while Smith was looking to impress the FBI, this match INVOLVED the FBI.....as Guido and Smothers faced off against ECW's newest team, The Vampire Warrior and Christopher Daniels (accompanied by Luna) collectively known as The Brood.....

.....the match was good for what it was.....and actually involved a good portion of everything that the ECW fan could ask for.....it had the comedy spots of the FBI.....the Hardcore brawling from the Vampire Warrior.....the aerial and technical prowess of the Fallen Angel.....

.....and interference.....it had interference too......

.....because as Luna took offence to something that the Big Don said on the outside, pouncing on him, JT Smith again attempted to regain favour by helping the FBI pick up a victory.....

.....well, I say 'helping'.....

.....what he actually did was rush the ring with a chair and swing it wildly at Christopher Daniels......the Fallen Angel moved out of harms way and it was Tracy Smothers that ate shot.....Daniels sends Smith flying to the floor, before turning round to meet a dazed Smothers getting back to his feet.....

.....one Angels Wing's and three seconds later and it's arrivederci to our 'italian' friends.....

Winner(s): The Brood

Quote:

.....JT Smith frantically tries to apologise to the FBI as the group make their way to the back.....they're not interested though.....as usual the hapless Smith has done more harm than good, in fact (judging by some of the comments levied by the Big Don) JT is lucky they're not forcing him to 'swim with the fishes' right now.....

.....The Brood pay little attention to their departing opponents, instead Luna joins them in the ring to celebrate.....

.....except they're not celebrating long.....

.....because the ECW Tag Team Champions come rushing out from the back.....and The Eliminators are out for revenge.....

.....it was Saturn and Kronus that the Brood targeted when they made their debut here in the Land of Extreme, and they've clearly neither forgiven nor forgotten, because they charge the ring here and go straight after the Vampire Warrior and the Fallen Angel.....

.....the Brood don't hold back either, they targeted the Eliminators because they're the top team in ECW right now.....take out the top team and you can take their spot.....AND their titles.....so what follows is your usual ECW arena wide brawl.....

.....neither team really gets the advantage (although the Eliminators do gain the advantage just long enough to give Luna the Total Elimination, much to the delight of the crowd) and eventually half the locker room empties in order to separate these warring teams.....although the Brood are more receptive to the restraint that the Eliminators, who try (and fail) to fight overwhelming odds to get their hands on the Brood.....

.....and as Saturn and Kronus are physically dragged to the back, the Vampire Warrior and the Fallen Angel remain (surrounded) in the middle of the ring, with a look of almost satisfaction on their faces.....

.....they wanted the ECW Tag Team Champions attention.....

.....seems like they got it.....

Quote:

.....which finally brings us to our House Party Main Event.....a match which saw The Sandman put the ECW Championship on the line against one half of the Gangsta's.....New Jack.....

.....considering The Sandman IS the ECW Champion, and has been multiple times by this point, remarkably New Jack is (and I have no idea why) considerably more over than him.....in fact, New Jack is one of the most over wrestlers in the company and even head and shoulders over his own tag team partner.....

.....so for what it's worth, if you thought this was a throwaway match, I'll put it into WCW terms for you.....this would be like (based on overness alone) VK Wallstreet (the Sandman) defending the WCW Title against Sting (New Jack).....not quite so throw away now is it?.....

.....ah, who am I kidding.....of course this is a throw away match.....I mean, all that is true, New Jack IS a hell of a lot more over than The Sandman (and wasn't happy about doing the job here either) but after a building wide brawl which saw Singapore Cane's, Steel Chairs, Tables, Guitars, Vacuum Cleaners and a Bowling Ball to the.....well, the balls.....Sandman took some of that overness that New Jacks been hoarding and he took it for himself, finishing off the challenger with a Singapore Cane assisted Russian Leg Sweep onto a discarded Steel Safety Rail.....

.....Sandy retains.....

Winner: ....and Still ECW Champion.....The Sandman.....

Quote:

.....I don't know if you remember, but earlier in the night of this House Party event (so, a few weeks back on Hardcore TV) Terry Funk vowed to come straight out here following the conclusion of this ECW Title match, vowing to challenge the Champion to a match there and then.....

.....looks like he's delivering on that promise, because the Hardcore Icon himself comes walking out from the back and he's yelling at Sandman all the way.....

.....he tells Sandman that he told him.....he warned him.....Terry Funk has wrestled once tonight, but there's plenty of gas left in this old tank, which means that he wants The Sandman.....he wants the ECW Title......he wants a SECOND match.....and he wants it....right....now......

.....Sandman could really give a sh!t about how many times he fights tonight.....he grabs a beer and a microphone, downing the beer in one and telling Funk that if he wants to come and try and take this ECW Title from him then he's more than welcome, but he warns Funk that he's going to have to cash in his retirement plan after, because the Sandman is going to cripple his old ass.....

.....match made then, and an added bonus for the crowd too.....not one, but two ECW Title matches tonight.....and as Funk climbs into the ring, we might as well get this one underway.....

.....ring that god damn bell.....

".....don't you DARE ring that f###ing bell....."

.....ah yeah.....this guy.....

.....if you DO remember Terry Funk promising that he'd be out here again tonight to challenge whoever walks out as the ECW Champion to a title match, then you may remember this guy (Justin Credible) promising that this match would NOT happen.....well here he is.....

.....and he's not alone.....he has SOMEONE by his side (a rather bookish gentleman in a fetching tie and suit combination) that Credible informs us goes by the name of Buford T. Pinkerton IV.....

".....and Mr. Pinkerton is from the Pennsylvania State Athletic Committee.....and he has some bad news for you.....Buford, why don't you tell them....."

.....Buford does tell them.....he tells them that as the representative here this evening for the Pennsylvania State Athletic Committee, he cannot in good conscious allow either The Sandman or Terry Funk ("PARTICULARLY you Mr. Funk given your advanced age") to compete twice in one night.....so no (just as Credible promised) Terry Funk will NOT be challenging for the ECW Title here tonight.....

.....the crowd don't like that.....in fact a rather loud chant breaks out in the direction of Mr. Pinkerton.....one that suggests that he likes the taste of male appendages.....Sandman doesn't like it (because Sandman just doesn't like being told what to do) and Terry Funk REALLY doesn't like it.....

.....Funk tells Buford to blow it out his pencil pushing ass, because this is ECW.....and ECW don't give a damn about his little rules and regulations.....

".....so you listen to me you egg sucking dog.....you can take your little mandate and you can shove it up Justin Credible's buck teethed ass.....we ain't here to compete, we're here to fight and we're fixing to fight right now, whether you like it or not....."

.....oh no you're not.....not on Buford T. Pinkerton IV's watch.....and Buford marches straight down to that ring (clearly not a man used to being told no) and he tells the official that if he so much as THINKS about ringing that bell, he will have all future ECW live events blackballed from the state of Pennsylvania.....

.....again a rather questionable chant breaks out from the crowd, but that just makes Buford all the more determined, until finally our official washes his hands of the decision, walking to the back.....

.....Buford tells Funk that at least ONE person is seeing sense around here.....and he would suggest that Mr. Funk follows suit, before he gets himself (and the whole company) in a lot of trouble.....

.....so Terry Funk grabs him.....

.....and Piledrives him straight in the middle of the ring.....

.....and the crowd pops huge.....

.....be that as it may, our second ECW Title match did NOT happen......Justin Credible DID get what he wanted.....and as we close out the final Hardcore TV of February, we close on a shot of Justin Credibles smirking face.....

.....as Buford T. Pinkerton convulses like a fish out of water on the mat.....

.....goodnight folks.....

Final Rating: B

Unread 02-16-2020, 11:29 AM
Major League

WCW Championship Match
Sting (c) vs. The Warrior
Comments:

WCW United States Championship Match
Eddie Guerrero (c) vs. Jean Paul Levesque
Comments:

WCW Tag Team Championship Match
The Forgotten (c) vs. The Nasty Boys
Comments:

WCW Cruiserweight Championship
Hayabusa (c) vs. Juventud Guerrera
Comments:

WCW Championship: #1 Contenders Caged Heat Match
Randy Savage vs. Shawn Michaels
Comments:

The Rock vs. Curt Hennig
Comments:

Sid Vicious vs. The Giant
Comments:

Roddy Piper vs. Buff Bagwell
Comments:

The Patriot vs. Lance Storm
Comments:

Team USA (Luger, Duggan, Page, LoD) vs. The Sovereignty (Regal, Blue Bloods, AFC)
Comments:

Konnan, Mike Awesome, Gideon Cain & Jeff Hardy vs. The First Family
Comments:

Unread 02-16-2020, 03:37 PM
Phenom

WCW Championship Match
Sting (c) vs. The Warrior
Comments:

WCW United States Championship Match
Eddie Guerrero (c) vs. Jean Paul Levesque
Comments:

WCW Tag Team Championship Match
The Forgotten (c) vs. The Nasty Boys
Comments:

WCW Cruiserweight Championship
Hayabusa (c) vs. Juventud Guerrera
Comments:

WCW Championship: #1 Contenders Caged Heat Match
Randy Savage vs. Shawn Michaels
Comments:

The Rock vs. Curt Hennig
Comments:

Sid Vicious vs. The Giant
Comments:

Roddy Piper vs. Buff Bagwell
Comments:

The Patriot vs. Lance Storm
Comments:

Team USA (Luger, Duggan, Page, LoD) vs. The Sovereignty (Regal, Blue Bloods, AFC)
Comments:

Konnan, Mike Awesome, Gideon Cain & Jeff Hardy vs. The First Family
Comments: