Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-28-2018, 08:30 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post
I actually really enjoy losing talent. It's part of why I play so much as smaller promotions because I like the challenge of dealing with guys getting signed out from under me and having to figure it out. It makes the game so much more dynamic and interesting (for me) when you're planning on pushing someone or running a storyline and then someone gets signed. For instance, The Dynamite Express were going to end up as tag team champions by the end of this year in the game [I am unashamed of my love for the DE], but because they got signed to SWF/RIPW -- now I have to change it up! Exciting for me, plus it forces me to learn new workers and try new combinations.

I'm glad that you are enjoying Riley's rise in a diary as much as I am! Riley has, in the past, always been one of those guys I sign at the beginning of a campaign and then ends up flaming out or stalling as just a midcarder. This diary has been the first time that he's ever been heavily utilized by me, and I'm loving how he has performed. He started the diary as a Main Eventer because of our local size, and thankfully as continued because of his strong booking. He has the best momentum in the company and his gimmick rating is (I don't have it right in front of me right now, I'm on my work computer), legendary, I believe, because he has really pushed himself with his 'Old School Face' persona.

I hope he doesn't leave me either. I was telling my good friend King Bison that I look at Riley as Mr. RMW right now. I want him to stay with me for the long haul!
You could always role play signing him to a written deal via the editor for 1-2 years and deduct a signing fee from your cash etc to explain it.
Unread 11-28-2018, 08:32 AM
All Star

Quote:
I hope he doesn't leave me either. I was telling my good friend King Bison that I look at Riley as Mr. RMW right now. I want him to stay with me for the long haul!
To steal a line from THE MAN, I'm surprised you're not nicknaming him "Rocky" McManus.

Also, just give him loyalty to RMW in the editor and sign him to exclusive PPA.
Unread 11-28-2018, 08:59 AM
Major League

Rocky Mountain Wrestling Presents: Gold Rush II
Saturday, Week 4, August, 2018
Live from the Oxford Arena. Special Start time of 7:00 PM.
Meet and Greet with Colorado Blizzard Cheerleaders at 6:00 PM!

Main Event
Gold Rush Finals
Sixty Minute Time Limit
“The Georgia Bulldog” Riley McManus versus Masked Patriot

Semi Main Event
Rocky Mountain Tag Team Championship
Four Team Dance
Forty-Five Minute Time Limit
The Aces of Mayhem versus Barnaby & Rudge versus The Dynamite Express versus The Griffins ©

Gold Rush Tournament
Twenty-Five Minute Time Limit
Block B
Atlas versus Masked Patriot

Gold Rush Tournament
Block A
Riley versus Titan

Special Attraction
Tag Team Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Logan Diaz and Sonny Wildside versus The Devil’s Rejects (Keith Holly and Brett Dewes)

Gold Rush Tournament
Block B
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Star Master versus Atlas w/ Lisa Bowen

Gold Rush Tournament
Block B
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Masked Patriot versus “Intrepid” Ian Identity

Gold Rush Tournament
Block A
Twenty Minute Time Limit
“The Power” Jesse Christian versus Titan w/ Lisa Bowen

Gold Rush Tournament
Block A
Twenty Minute Time Limit
“The Georgia Bulldog” Riley McManus versus Avalanche w/ Lisa Bowen

Opening Match
Six Way Scramble
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Ade Nelson vs. Clyde Puder vs. Franklin Rush vs. Johnny Anderson vs. The Acolyte vs. Wesley Browning
Unread 11-28-2018, 09:51 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by smw88 View Post
You could always role play signing him to a written deal via the editor for 1-2 years and deduct a signing fee from your cash etc to explain it.

I know that I could do that, and I've thought about it -- but I also kind of like the idea that eventually I get him over enough that a bigger company brings him in and gives him the break of a lifetime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashasheen
To steal a line from THE MAN, I'm surprised you're not nicknaming him "Rocky" McManus.

Also, just give him loyalty to RMW in the editor and sign him to exclusive PPA.
Same as above -- though I've thought about it as well and I still might make the narrative decision to make him loyal to me -- I mean, he should be after all I've done for him!

Since everyone is enjoying him so much, I may just make the narrative decision to make him loyal so he doesn't leave and can continue to build the Mythos of McManus!!!
Unread 11-28-2018, 01:37 PM
All Star

“Come back to bed.” Mariah said with sleep in her voice. Her robe was wrapped tightly around her. We’d been married since we were twenty-four. Thirty years together as husband and wife, add on almost another decade if you count the high school romance that survived college and turned into a life partnership. She was a good woman. A woman who loved me despite my faults and loved me despite the bulk of our life together being spent with me being on the road. What’s that country song from the early two thousands say? “A showman’s life is a smokey bar and the fevered chase of a tiny star?” Something like that. We were rapidly approaching the Gold Rush. Rapidly approaching an opportunity for someone to make themselves a star -- at least in our local community.

“Can’t sleep” I muttered. I was nervous. I didn’t know why. We were successful. We were making small amounts of money. We were drawing fans and consistently gaining popularity despite a wrestling business and economy that was in the toilet. I was nervous though. Gold Rush was my baby. The whole Rocky Mountain Wrestling was my baby, but I felt especially close to the Gold Rush tournament. To an opportunity for eight wrestlers to compete in one night, for one to leave with the trophy. Last year, it was Hellion. He won and got a contract offer right away. It helped launch him back to where he wanted to be. Jakob and Titan tore the house down last year and Jakob got the call. Now he’s the Rhode Island Pro Wrestling USA Champion and he is well on his way to being a major star in the country. This year could be another launching pad.

She came closer to me and stood behind me. She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed the top of my head. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. The lilac smell of her soap lingered in my nostrils. I smiled and rested my head against her. “Why not, babe?”

I shrugged against her. “One of those nights.”

“Do you miss the road?” She asked. We had never had a conventional relationship. When we started dating in highschool, she knew what my plan in life was. I wanted to be a wrestler. I had always wanted to be a wrestler. Growing up in the late sixties and seventies, I grew up in a place that did not have a major full time promotion. Sure, we had the local promotions. I was able to get some California Pro Wrestling on television with the big antena. My grandparents lived in Texas so I was able to see the Texas Wrestling League over holidays. When I was fifteen, I saw the legendary Rip Chord loe the TWL Heavyweight Championship to Pat Deacon. It was Christmas night, 1975 and I couldn’t have cheered louder. I loved Pat Deacon as a kid. I had always wanted to be a wrestler. To live that life. The showman’s life.

“Not really.” I told her. It was half true. Occasionally, I missed being one of the boys. I was the boss now. Sure, I was around the boys - but I was still the boss. I wasn’t one of them. I was the leader. I paid them. I told them what to do. I was the office. I missed the car trips and sharing stories with Joel. That I missed. I didn’t miss the endless miles. The airports. The hotels that blended together. Being away from Mariah.

She just nodded and hugged me. “I’m proud of you, you know?”

I tilted my head to look at her. I was curious. “Why?”

She smiled and kissed my forehead. “You’re doing great work. Rocky Mountain Wrestling is successful. You’re home every night. The girls loving having you here. I love having you here.”

I blinked and swallowed. I did love being home with my wife and kids. I did. I was proud of Rocky Mountain Wrestling. I was relieved that my wife was proud of me. I had never minded playing the heel or being booed. Never minded that. I didn’t care when I was twenty-one and the drunk biker tried to stab me with a broken beer bottle. I cared that she was proud of me. “Thank you. I’m just. I’m nervous. We’ve been having good shows. Doing well. Gold Rush is our biggest show. Our longest show. I want it to be great. I want to be better than Sam’s tournament in January -- or his tag tournament in July. I want this to be the premier tournament in independent wrestling.”

“It will become that.” She said. She never really liked the wrestling business. She didn’t hate it. She didn’t begrudge it. She just wasn’t a fan. It was my thing. She supported me, but she didn’t take an active interest -- until now. Until it was our company. “You just have to be patient. You’ve got good talent. Guys who work hard. They’ll work hard and put on a great show. Tomorrow night will be great.”

She was probably right. She usually was. She was smarter than me. A Master’s Degree in Economics. Smart as a whip. I nodded. She smiled. “Come back to bed.” She told me. I nodded and got up. It was going to be a good show. It had to be.

Quote:
I wanted to do a little narrative writing before doing the show. I have the results for the show done, I just need to put graphics in and all that -- which I'll do on my other computer. Hopefully the show will be up tonight!
Unread 11-28-2018, 06:46 PM
All Star

Default RMW Presents: Gold Rush II

Gold Rush II
Saturday, Week 4, August, 2018
Live from the Oxford Arena. Special Start time of 7:00 PM.
Meet and Greet with Colorado Blizzard Cheerleaders at 6:00 PM!

Opening Match
Six Way Scramble
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Ade Nelson vs. Clyde Puder vs. Franklin Rush vs. Johnny Anderson vs. The Acolyte vs. Wesley Browning

In a bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, Clyde Puder defeated Ade Nelson, Franklin Rush, Johnny Anderson, The Acolyte and Wesley Browning in 10:28 when Clyde Puder defeated Ade Nelson by pinfall with a Patriot Powerslam.

Wesley Browning was the weak link, struggling to keep up with everyone else's in-ring performance. E.

Gold Rush Tournament
Block A
Twenty Minute Time Limit
vs. w/
“The Georgia Bulldog” Riley McManus versus Avalanche w/ Lisa Bowen

In a decent match, Riley McManus defeated Avalanche in 8:10 by pinfall with a Slingshot Suplex. C-

Running Wolf appears and says that he accepts the challenge laid down by Marshall Dillon, he'll face him in a match. C.

Gold Rush Tournament
Block A
Twenty Minute Time Limit
vs. w/
“The Power” Jesse Christian versus Titan w/ Lisa Bowen

In a decent match, Titan defeated Jesse Christian in 9:14 by pinfall with a Titanic Choke Slam. C-

Gold Rush Tournament
Block B
Twenty Minute Time Limit
vs.
Masked Patriot versus “Intrepid” Ian Identity

In a decent match, Masked Patriot defeated Intrepid Ian Identity in 10:20 by pinfall with a Patriot Slam. D+

Gold Rush Tournament
Block B
Twenty Minute Time Limit
vs. w/
Star Master versus Atlas w/ Lisa Bowen

In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, Atlas defeated Star Master in 8:41 by pinfall with a Kronus Bomb. C-.

Special Attraction
Tag Team Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
vs. Pictures to Come
Logan Diaz and Sonny Wildside versus The Devil’s Rejects (Keith Holly and Brett Dewes)

In a poor match, Logan Diaz and Sonny Wildside defeated Keith Holly and Brett Dewees in 9:57 when Logan Diaz defeated Brett Dewees by pinfall with a Belly To Belly Suplex.

In terms of in-ring work, Logan Diaz was head and shoulders above everyone else. D-.

Gold Rush Tournament
Block A
vs. w/
“The Georgia Bulldog” Riley McManus versus Titan w/ Lisa Bowen

In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Riley McManus defeated Titan in 12:23 by pinfall with a Slingshot Suplex. D+

Gold Rush Tournament
Block B
vs. w/
Masked Patriot versus Atlas w/ Lisa Bowen

In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Atlas defeated Masked Patriot in 11:51 by pinfall with a Kronus Bomb. C-.

Semi Main Event

Four Team Dance
vs. vs. vs.
The Aces of Mayhem versus Barnaby & Rudge versus The Dynamite Express versus The Griffins ©

In a decent match, The Griffins defeated Barnaby & Rudge, The Dynamite Express and The Aces Of Mayhem in 17:11; the order of elimination was Barnaby & Rudge first, then The Dynamite Express, and finally The Aces Of Mayhem. During the match we also saw Outlaw Wes Revell run in and attack Youngblood, and Buck Winchester also attack Mayhem. The Griffins make defence number 1 of their Rocky Mountain Tag Team Championship titles. D.

The Aces Of Mayhem and the Hazard Gang brawl around ringside until they are separated by staff. E.

Main Event

Sixty Minute Time Limit
vs. w/
“The Georgia Bulldog” Riley McManus versus Atlas w/ Lisa Bowen

In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, Riley McManus defeated Atlas in 16:36 by pinfall with a Slingshot Suplex. Riley McManus wins the Gold Rush title. D.

Overall: Production Values lowered the perception of our show. This increased our popularity in one region. D.
Unread 11-28-2018, 06:49 PM
All Star

Riley stood in the center of the ring and hoisted the Gold Rush trophy over his head. The crowd stood on their feet and roared with adulation. With praise. With approval. He let it wash over him. He had wrestled three times tonight. Avalanche. Titan. Atlas. All three monsters among men. Each one of the men was at least 6’7”, each over three hundred pounds. Each bigger than him. More imposing than him. More physically dominant. Titan had achieved success in both FCW and TCW. Atlas had achieved success in RIPW and had been formidable in the Land of Giants that was USPW. All three men had been a thorn in Riley’s side while he was champion. All were managed by Lisa Bowen. Her fleet of monsters.

He vanquished all three in one night. The Georgia Bulldog was home. This was his home. He knew that, deep down. He had loved his time in Mid Atlantic. He had taken pride in the work he’d done there. The team he had developed with Curtis Jenkins. The Cross-Face Chickenwing he had used there to tap opponents out. He had never been pushed like this, though. Never given the opportunity to shine. To be the focal point.

In a company that was rapidly attracting attention -- he was still the backbone. It had Running Wolf and Marshall Dillon. Primus Allen, Atlas, Titan, Avalanche. Up until tonight, it had Masked Patriot. Guys who had been signed other places. Guys who were supposed to be big deals in wrestling. He wasn’t one of them. No big companies had ever scouted him. He hadn’t been on TCW’s radar. Hadn’t been on USPW’s or SWF’s or NOTBW, or even CGC. None of the Japanese companies. Cameron was. Casey was. Huey and Jefferson were. Flash was. Oscar was. DC and Eddie were. Steven was. James was. Erik was. Findlay was. Brett was. Even Jean was. Not him though. It didn’t matter. He was consistent. Never showed up in a condition not to perform. Never phoned it in. Always worked hard -- but no one came calling for him. When he got let go, no one came calling.

Not until Rocky Mountain Wrestling and Robert Oxford. They called. They asked. He still wasn’t supposed to be the top guy. That was Jebediah. He passed away and it was left to him. Riley had to be the face while they looked for another. It was going to be Eric. He had the look. The mask. The flag pattern. He’d make a great babyface -- but he was leaving now too and Riley was still here. Standing in the ring holding the Gold Rush trophy above his head. He had held the Rocky Mountain Heavyweight Championship for nine months. He was the guy. No one could take that from him. This was his moment. His company.

He swallowed hard and hoisted the trophy higher. The crowd clapped louder. Saturday, Week 4, August 2017. Riley McManus won Rocky Mountain Wrestling’s Gold Rush. He lowered the trophy and slid out of the ring. Tonight was his night. There is no over shadowing. Tonight he and Avalanche had the best match of the night, and he consistently performed in all three of his matches. Tonight he beat three out of four monsters and set himself up in stories to battle the fourth at a later tonight. Tonight was the night of Riley McManus. Mister Rocky Mountain Wrestling.

He pushed through the curtain into the backstage area of the Oxford Arena and clapped his boss on the shoulder. He did not say anything. He did not need to, it was understood between the two. Riley walked back to his locker, to his stall. He set his trophy down and sat down for a long moment. The locker room was loud. Filled with post show chatter.

Most of the guys in the locker room had moved to the area. This was their full time gig now and most did not want to have to keep traveling. They rented apartments or houses together. Riley stilled lived behind the building in his 2014 Thor Freedom Elite. It was a nice RV. A class ‘C.’ Big enough for him. These guys would get in their cars and go home, Riley would go behind the building.

He liked living so close. He was here every day. He led the classes for Robert now. Rob was still the head trainer, but Riley was in the ring with them working. He was taking bumps with them. He was bumping them. He was rapidly become the second in command. Learning how to time the show. He took pride in his work both in the ring and out of the ring.

Tonight, he solidified a decision he had been waffling over. He was going to commit to being with Rocky Mountain Wrestling. He wasn’t going to look anywhere else. This was his company. His place to work. His place to help build. He was Mister Rocky Mountain Wrestling. He believed that now. He was going to embody that. He was home. Might as well call him “Rocky” McManus.

Quote:
Thank you to my good friend King Bison for the brand new Riley McManus render! Now he looks like the star that he's becoming!
Unread 11-28-2018, 07:53 PM

And I have just become a Riley McManus mark.

I’m also a big fan of the tribe vs the hazard gang. Who doesn’t like cowboys and Indians?
Unread 11-28-2018, 09:48 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpkcchiefs View Post
And I have just become a Riley McManus mark.

I’m also a big fan of the tribe vs the hazard gang. Who doesn’t like cowboys and Indians?
I’m glad I turned you into one!
Unread 11-28-2018, 11:00 PM
Major League

Awesome stuff Historian! It’s cool to get someone besides Oxfords point of view every once in awhile and this was a moment it was needed. Cool to see you go with making Riley Loyal, I know that was a tough call because you want to see him succeed on a big stage so hopefully it pays off for him down the road. I am invested in this guy
Glad I could help with another render
Unread 11-29-2018, 12:23 AM
Low Minors

What makes Riley's rise awesome is that it happened organically, he wasn't pegged to be the top guy, but his loyalty and the narratives you have added made his story that more interesting, he is obviously the most fleshed out member of the roster. Looking forward for you to build up more unknown talent in the future.
Unread 11-29-2018, 01:43 AM
Super Star

Rocky! Rocky! Rocky!
Unread 11-29-2018, 02:22 AM
All Star

Quote:
I’m glad I turned you into one!
Just realized this, and while I know you're going with the Georgia Pitbull thing for now, but you could also call Riley out as Riley "The Rock" McManus, because he's the rock of Rocky Mountain Wrestling. Perhaps if a heel turn is ever going to happen...

Last edited by Hashasheen : 11-29-2018 at 04:17 AM.
Unread 11-29-2018, 09:27 AM
All Star

Another successful show. I couldn't be prouder of how hard everyone worked for Gold Rush. We were set up for The Last Hard Men in September -- which would be the first show in a long time that Riley was not on, but we were wrapping up The Tribe/Hazard Gang as well as seeing Primus' first defense as Champion, and seeing the Griffins defend again. The Griffins had yet to lose in Tag Team action since they joined us and were at this point my top babyface team -- though The Aces of Mayhem were still definitely in the mix.

We were also having our first steel cage match. I had gotten a good deal on a cage -- they're not cheap and they take awhile to set up so we will have an intermission before the main event, but it should be a good offering. A classic cage match. No escaping. Pin fall or submission inside the steel. Wolf and Dillon would tear the house down there. I know they would.

Logan Diaz was going to fill in for the departed Roger Monteiro. Diaz has done a great job as a singles star -- has really been developing with his series of stoppage wins. Hopefully being involved in this will help him even more.

Quote:
Rocky Mountain Wrestling Presents: The Last Hard Men
Saturday, Week 4, September
Live from the Oxford Arena

Main Event
Steel Cage Match
Sixty Minute Time Limit
Running Wolf versus Marshall Dillon w/ Duke Hazard

Semi Main Event
Rocky Mountain Heavyweight Championship
Sixty Minute Time Limit
“The Hawaiian Strong Man” Ekuma versus “The Evolution” Primus Allen w/ Lisa Bowen

Special Attraction
Scythe and The Acolyte versus The Griffins ©

Grudge Match
Six Man Tag Elimination
Thirty Minute Time Limit
The Aces of Mayhem and Logan Diaz versus The Hazard Gang w/ Duke Hazard

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
“The Man With No Fear” Sonny Wildside versus Ade Nelson

Opening Match
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
“The Power” Jesse Christian versus Johnny Anderson
Unread 11-29-2018, 09:36 AM
All Star

Main Event
Steel Cage Match
Sixty Minute Time Limit
Running Wolf versus Marshall Dillon w/ Duke Hazard

Semi Main Event
Rocky Mountain Heavyweight Championship
Sixty Minute Time Limit
“The Hawaiian Strong Man” Ekuma versus “The Evolution” Primus Allen w/ Lisa Bowen

Special Attraction
Scythe and The Acolyte versus The Griffins ©

Grudge Match
Six Man Tag Elimination
Thirty Minute Time Limit
The Aces of Mayhem and Logan Diaz versus The Hazard Gang w/ Duke Hazard

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
“The Man With No Fear” Sonny Wildside versus Ade Nelson

Opening Match