Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-25-2017, 04:31 PM
Phenom

Preview for In Your House, Week 3, December 1996

WWF Championship
Shawn Michaels (c) vs. Ahmed Johnson
Comments:

WWF Tag Team Championships
The KLiQ (Hall & Nash) (c) vs. The Sons of Samoa
Comments:

WWF Intercontinental Championship
Rich Steiner (c) vs Scott Steiner
Comments:

WWF Light Heavyweight Championship
Rey Mysterio (c) vs Chris Candido
Comments:

The Undertaker vs Raven
Comments:

Chris Jericho vs. Lance Storm
Comments:

Psycho Sid vs. Jeff Jarrett
Comments:

The Hardy Boys vs. The Legion of Doom
Comments:
Unread 10-25-2017, 08:41 PM
All Star

WWF Championship
Comments: I like me some EAT A REEF, but no way.

Comments: My guess is that Hall and Nash will stay tight throughout this Kliq breakup. I don't think Yoko and Kish are the guys to benefit from an implosion either

Comments: Loved that Steiner promo. DQ.

Comments:

The Undertaker vs Raven
Comments: Call me crazy, but I don't think we're anywhere near the end game here. Raven wins to keep the feud moving.

Comments: I feel like Y2J gets beat down like every week. He needs to recover here.

Comments: Kane?

Comments: Not yet.
Unread 10-26-2017, 05:45 AM
Living Legend

WWF Championship
Comments: Though I always support the big dawg, I unfortunately really want to win the prediction prize.

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

The Undertaker vs Raven
Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:
Unread 10-26-2017, 08:09 AM
Super Star

WWF Championship
Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

The Undertaker vs Raven
Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:
Unread 10-26-2017, 04:23 PM
Living Legend

WWF Championship
Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

The Undertaker vs Raven
Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Unread 10-26-2017, 04:29 PM
Living Legend

WWF Championship
Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

The Undertaker vs Raven
Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:
Unread 10-26-2017, 09:15 PM
Hall of Fame

Shawn Michaels - HE FERGOT HIS MEDICATION TODAY, SO HE'S IN A RRRREALLL BAD MOO.
The Kliq - Yeah, this ain't happening unless you are planning on splitting Hall and Nash.
Scott Steiner - Unfortunately this is probably as good as Scott can hope for at this point, because Austin has the push on for the World title right now. So Scott can pick up the IC title from his brother to put an end to that, and Austin moves closer to Shawn. It's just too bad because arguably I'd call Steiner a way more entertaining part of this diary so far. Don't get me wrong, Austin has been great, but ever since June, Scott has been a real force.
Rey Mysterio
Undertaker - Not sure if we'll be seeing Dude or Jack, but it'll be an entertaining piece for sure.
Lance Storm - This win should put Storm on the map for sure, the Battle of the Thrillseekers could potentially last until Mania if you play it right.
Jeff Jarrett - As much as I would figure Sid will win this, if he does then the M$C are pretty much dead in the water as you begin 1997. So Jarrett picks up the win to keep them relevant.
Legion of Doom - The story is set up for the Hardys to win, but hey, maybe they turn heel to join the Flock instead, giving the LoD a DQ win?
Unread 10-27-2017, 06:36 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie View Post
If his popularity is relatively lower than a certain percentage of the roster he’ll be pushed to upper mid card
Well he's definitely more popular than both Kane, Mankind and even Scott Steiner....all of who are auto pushing to main event....it's most strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejus View Post
Shawn Michaels - HE FERGOT HIS MEDICATION TODAY, SO HE'S IN A RRRREALLL BAD MOO.
The Kliq - Yeah, this ain't happening unless you are planning on splitting Hall and Nash.
Scott Steiner - Unfortunately this is probably as good as Scott can hope for at this point, because Austin has the push on for the World title right now. So Scott can pick up the IC title from his brother to put an end to that, and Austin moves closer to Shawn. It's just too bad because arguably I'd call Steiner a way more entertaining part of this diary so far. Don't get me wrong, Austin has been great, but ever since June, Scott has been a real force.
Rey Mysterio
Undertaker - Not sure if we'll be seeing Dude or Jack, but it'll be an entertaining piece for sure.
Lance Storm - This win should put Storm on the map for sure, the Battle of the Thrillseekers could potentially last until Mania if you play it right.
Jeff Jarrett - As much as I would figure Sid will win this, if he does then the M$C are pretty much dead in the water as you begin 1997. So Jarrett picks up the win to keep them relevant.
Legion of Doom - The story is set up for the Hardys to win, but hey, maybe they turn heel to join the Flock instead, giving the LoD a DQ win?
Hey, who are you to doubt El Dandy....erm....I mean Scott Steiner.....don't forget that the Big Bad Booty Daddy has vowed to pull an Ultimate Warrior and head into Mania to fight for the big one as the Intercontinental Champion.....and nothing would be finer, than Scott Steiner standing tall at Wrestlemania with a Championship over each one of his peaks

Thanks for the picks folks, I plan to have the show posted over the weekend but it's my birthday and alcohol may have a different plan for me so don't hold me to that
Unread 10-28-2017, 09:51 AM
All Star

[quote=to4sty;2258243]Well he's definitely more popular than both Kane, Mankind and even Scott Steiner....all of who are auto pushing to main event....it's most strange.[quote]

Have you played with the product at all? Sometimes switching that around can de-push a technician like Bret.
Unread 10-28-2017, 09:58 AM
Major League

No, because honestly I don't fully understand the product settings either so I don't touch them lol....he's not in decline, he's still churning out A matches with ease, he's happy, good momentum....it's a brain scratcher lol....it doesn't really matter, because like I say I'm still pushing him at the main event, it's just a bit bizarre
Unread 10-28-2017, 10:19 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by to4sty View Post
No, because honestly I don't fully understand the product settings either so I don't touch them lol....he's not in decline, he's still churning out A matches with ease, he's happy, good momentum....it's a brain scratcher lol....it doesn't really matter, because like I say I'm still pushing him at the main event, it's just a bit bizarre
That def sounds like the product to me. Sometimes by default, when you autopush, TEW will value certain types of wrestlers more depending their style/size/star quality, etc. So, Mankind may be pushed more because he's a brawler(presumably), and that "fits" your product better than Bret. It's the same reason why some folks have trouble getting say a Rey Mysterio to the main event in some WCW games.
Unread 10-28-2017, 07:40 PM
Major League

Week 3 December, 1996
Carrier Dome (Tri State)
ATT: 50,000
Buy: 1.36

Quote:

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's Christmas time here in the WWF, and tonight we find out whether Ahmed Johnson has been naughty or nice.....because it just might take a Christmas Miracle to wrench that World Wrestling Federation Championship away from the grubby little hands of the Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels. Jim Ross and Ravishing Rick Rude welcome us to the show....and welcome us to the first event this calendar year, not to feature either Vince McMahon or Jerry Lawler on commentary....as Ross and Rude run down the matches that are in store for us tonight, including the four big title matches as well as the blockbuster meeting between Raven and The Undertaker.....before the Million Dollar Man and Jeff Jarrett make their way out from the back, signalling the start of the nights action.....

Rating: N/A

Quote:

VS.

.....and what a way to start....as Psycho Sid looks to take out some of his frustrations WITH the Million Dollar Corporation, ON the Million Dollar Corporation....but more importantly, on the newest member of Ted DiBiases clan, the man responsible for costing Sid the WWF Championship back at the last In Your House.....and that mans name is Jeff Jarrett. Sid gets a huge pop when he makes his arrival for this one. Much like tonights World Title Challenger, Ahmed Johnson, Sid is always over with the crowd, despite his limited abilities.....although in fairness to the big man, he has wrestled two of the matches of his career during this calendar year........of course, those two matches were against Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels, who both arguably carried the seven footer to those displays....but still.....they were two damn good matches......could he three-peat with another match of his life here tonight, and finish off 1996 with a trifecta of great performances?

Well......no, not quite.....the match was good, very good.....but Double J is no Bret Hart, and he's certainly no Shawn Michaels.....he IS solid enough in the ring however to carry Sid to an entertaining opening contest, which is what we get here. The announcers spend some time talking about what Jarretts approach to this match will be, because even Rude is forced to admit that Double J will have trouble getting Sid to submit to the figure four. Sid on the other hand has no trouble tossing his opponent around the ring, and generally acting like a seven foot Bad Ass, which means Jarrett and DiBiase have to resort to sneaky underhand tactics just to gain the upper hand.....Sid almost picked up the victory late on with a massive Chokeslam....unfortunately Jarrett was near enough to the ropes that DiBiase is able to reach into the ring and drape his ward's foot over the bottom rope before the three count.

All looks lost for Double J....which is probably why we see the arrival of Southern Justice as this match comes to a close....and as Deebs keeps the official distracted, Knight and Canterbury attempt to jump the big man......and I say "attempt" because it doesn't go so well for them....as they both wind up eating a Double Chokeslam......they do however serve their purpose....which is to give Jarrett the time and breathing space to collect that trusty Acoustic Equaliser from the floor......which he uses to El Kabong Sid.....and despite the obviously shattered guitar pieces all over the ring (because, you know......this is wrestling) the official still makes the three count (narrowly avoiding a nasty splinter) awarding the match to a delighted Million Dollar Corporation.

Winner: Jeff Jarrett
Rating: B

Quote:

After that match we go outside to the parking area....where once again we find Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Loose Cannon Brian Pillman. That same monster truck that was utilised on Monday Night Raw can be seen in the background.....but the main focus here is Austin and Pillman stood around a smoking BBQ. There's a cooler of beers on the floor....quite a few empty beers beside that.....and Brian Pillman is grilling away...

...there is quite the crowd gathering around the two stars, with Jim Ross informing us that we are sold out here tonight, but clearly that hasn't stopped people turning up hoping to be able to pick up a ticket....instead what they are going to pick up, Rick Rude declares, is food poisoning from Pillman's lousy cooking. Ross tells us that Vince McMahon's decree for the former WWF Tag Team Champions tonight still stands.....and as long as there is action going on in that ring, Stone Cold and The Loose Cannon are barred from stepping foot in the arena.

Pillman starts tossing Sausages and Burgers at the gathering crowd and generally hopping about like a loony, while Austin doesn't even acknowledge that the people are there....instead he stands with a p*ssed off look on his face, staring at the arena, drinking his beer......clearly beginning to get bored.....and we all know what happens when Steve Austin gets bored.....

Rating: B+

Quote:

VS.

It's time to showcase the Light Heavyweight Division now, as Champion Rey Mysterio puts the gold on the line against Chris Candido. These two met for this very same Title on Raw at the tail end of November.....that match finished in a no contest after the Big Red Monster Kane interfered, attacking both men.....in the subsequent weeks following, both men tried (and failed) to gain an ounce of revenge against the seven foot Giant.....only to showcase their mutual respect for one another, ensuring that Kane did not inflict permanent damage to either competitor.....tonight you would hope that we will finally find out which one of these two men will be able to call himself Champion.

Mysterio offers Candido a handshake to start the match....but gets a slap across the face for good measure.....Candido may like and respect Rey....but it looks like that respect will have to go out of the window until we decide a winner here....(that and the crowd need someone to boo, since both of these men are fan favourites.....and no ones going to boo little Rey).....What follows is a very good match, that goes much the same way as their last encounter....Mysterio utilises his speed, while Candido makes the most of a rare strength advantage. Chris takes control of the match, and does play more of a heel role....but in the end the Champion gets the better of him, because with both men perched on the top rope, Candido looks as though he is going to attempt a spectacular top rope Powerbomb.....but Rey is able to reverse it mid air into a top rope hurracanranna....and that's enough for the three count.....and enough to retain the Championship.

Winner: and Still WWF Light Heavyweight Champion.....Rey Mysterio.
Rating: B-

Candido is clearly unhappy about the loss.....but he's been heel long enough this match, so when the time comes he hands Mysterio his title and raises his hand in victory, before heading to the back to let the little luchador celebrate a very hard fought victory.

Quote:

We head to the back now, where Dok Hendrix is standing by with Chris Jericho. Jericho isn't his usual jovial self however, telling Dok that he didn't realise just how low Storm would go, after viciously attacking him with a steel chair this past week on Raw. He says that Storm was always a man of integrity and honour.....but now he's just another face in the crowd....another backstabber....another cheat....another coward.....he's no better than the KLiQ.....and tonight, Jericho is going to put an end to this once and for all, and finally put Lance Storm behind him.

We cut from there directly to Jerry "The King" Lawler of all people....who has also taken up the role of interviewer for the evening. He's standing by with Lance Storm, who has a retort to Jericho's comments.....he tells Lawler that he's still a man of integrity and honour.....it's just that unlike Chris Jericho, who treats the whole business as one long joke....all fun and games....Lance Storm is a serious man, in a serious profession....something Jericho has found out these last few months.....just like he's going to find out tonight.....and as for putting Lance Storm behind him.....the only time this will be over, is when everyone realises that Chris Jericho is just a wannabe Marty Jannetty.....an afterthought and a joke.

Quote:

VS.

These two have been on a collision course ever since Lance Storms arrival here in the WWF on the back of Shawn Michaels clearly deciding that Jericho came a little too close for comfort in their WWF Championship bout back at Septembers In Your House. Ever since then, Storm has made it his life's mission to make sure the world knows that HE was the superior Canadian in the duo's past team....and to be fair to Storm, that's exactly what he's done recently....he's jumped, battered and attacked Jericho more times than I can count.....he's insulted Jericho.....he even eliminated Jericho, winning the match for his team at last months Survivor Series.....a victory here would certainly validate his claim to be the superior Thrill Seeker.

These two men are very technically sound....although Storm is arguably a touch better on the mat.....and what he lacks in flamboyance he more than makes up for in intensity.....although lets be honest.....if you had to pick a Shawn Michaels and a Marty Jannetty of these pair, Jericho is the charismatic stand out, (just like the Heartbreak Kid) while Storm is equally good in the ring, if not rather bland, (*coughMartyJannettycough*) but however you look at it, there's no doubting the fact that Jericho badly needs a victory here if he wants to get his name back to the top of that ladder, and another World Title shot.

The only thing that really let this match down was Storms newcomer status. He's been in the WWF for a few months now, but after breaking his ass at Survivor Series, he hasn't seen much in ring action....meaning the fans aren't exactly clambering to see him.....but that was the only thing that dragged the match down.....well.......that and the finish.....because Storm showed exactly how much honour and integrity he really has....by catching Jericho with a schoolboy.....and hooking his legs on the ropes for leverage too......picking up a very cheap victory.....but a victory none the less.

Winner: Lance Storm

Quote:

To the back we go.....where we find Raven and Mankind alone in a darkened room. There's no Al Snow, no Flock at all.....it's just the two of them as Raven prepares for the biggest fight of his life against The Undertaker. Raven stares coldly at his masked "friend" for a moment, before telling him that.....

".....you know, I don't blame you Mick.....I don't blame you for letting me down.....I don't blame you for not reaching your full potential.........I don't blame you.........for disappointing me.........no I don't blame you......I blame myself......for expecting to much of you......but even the biggest failures can be redeemed......tonight I go out there and I fight for you.....I fight for Daniels and Doink......I fight for the downtrodden and the disregarded.....I fight for you......I fight for the forgotten and the frightened......the misfits and the martyrs......I fight......for you.......but when Mick......when will you fight.....for me?......

Raven reaches to the floor and brings up a small wooden chest, which he places before Mankind. He slowly strokes the palm of his hand over the box, before continuing to talk.....

".......tonight I go out there and battle against the entitled......the Undertaker can claim to embrace the darkness.....and maybe he once did.....but now....now he's a shell of his former self.....a parody of what he once was......but he could be so much more.......tonight, I will bring him back to his former glory.....tonight I will unleash his inner demon....tonight......he will attempt to destroy me.......and there's nothing you can do about it Mick......there's nothing YOU can do about it......but there is one that can prevent my suffering......you once said that Jack was a Pandora's box that you can't open.....because once you do.....there's no going back.....Mick.....there IS no going back....not for me......Raven slowly slides the wooden box towards Mankind, never taking his eyes off him as he does so.....if you ever thought anything of me Mick.....if you ever wanted to lessen my pain......open the box......this is YOUR Pandora's box......and in it, is everything you need to set your true self free......do it for you Mick.....but more importantly.....do it for me......Quote the Raven......Nevermore......"

With that Raven turns and walks away, leaving Mankind looking down at the box before him.

Rating: A*

Quote:

VS.

It's time for our second title match of the evening, and this time it's the Tag Team Gold that's on the line, as Kevin Nash and Scott Hall of the KLiQ go up against the formidable duo of Rikishi and Kokina, the Sons of Samoa. The Sons are a change of pace to the teams dominating the Tag Team Title picture as of late.....and they certainly bring something new to the scene.....mainly size.....lots and lots of size......as for The KLiQ.....and more importantly, Kevin Nash.....this is the happiest he has looked in a while.....which may have something to do with the fact that Shawn Michaels is nowhere to be seen.....although how long he's going to stay happy is anyone's guess.....

......because it's not often that Hall and Nash find themselves unable to dominate in the power department.....but Kokina is a big old unit....and a former two time WWF Champion to boot....and Rikishi, well Rikishi is not unfamiliar with wearing Tag Team gold, being a former WWF Tag Team Champion himself. The Samoans are technically the fan favourites in this one....but someone should have probably let the crowd know that, because they love Kevin Nash right now....the story of the match was the KLiQ's attempt to keep the big Kokina out of the match and concentrate their offence on the (slightly) smaller Rikishi.....which for the most part they are able to do. Eventually however, Scott Hall makes the mistake of attempting to headbutt the big Samoan......and we all know how hard those island boys heads are....it leaves the Bad Guy dazed just long enough for Kish to Tag in the big man, who starts running through Hall and Nash like he runs through the line at the buffet table.

The KLiQ try to rock Kokina, but the man mountain is going nowhere and eventually levels both Hall and Nash with stiff headbutts, before dropping a huge leg drop on each man in turn. Rikishi takes Hall to the outside, while Kokina drags Nash to the corner, before mounting the second turnbuckle, looking for that Samoan Splash.....

......which is when Faarooq and The Rock come running down the aisle.....The Nation of Domination vowed that the Sons of Samoa won't be capturing the Tag Team Gold before them....and it looks as though they are here to make good on that promise....because with Rikishi occupied with Scott Hall....and the official distracted by Faarooq, the Rock hops up onto the apron and tosses a handful of white powder in the face of the big man. Kokina rocks unsteadily, blinded by the substance.....and Nash pouncesand hits a move that is half a back suplex....and half Kokina just tumbling to the mat.....either way the result was the same....Kokina is out long enough for Nash to gain the three count and retain the gold for the KLiQ.

Winner(s): and Still WWF Tag Team Champions.....The KLiQ

Quote:

As the KLiQ chalk up one more for the good guys, we head to the back where Mankind is sat alone rocking back and forth on the floor of an empty room, with Pandora's Box sat between his legs.....although it's only empty briefly.....because Al Snow soon joins him. He sits down beside Mankind, telling him that it looks as though he has a lot on his mind.....Mankind pauses his rocking for a moment, before looking at Al, telling him that.....

".......Oscar Wild once said that the only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it....resist it and your soul grows sick with longings for the things it has forbid itself.......but Al.....what if by in yielding to that temptation, you lose your very soul anyway? What if the thing you desire....the thing that tempts....is the very thing that has the capacity to destroy you?.....what if by opening the box......you actually open up the gates of hell?....

Snow looks down at the wooden object on the floor....before asking a Mankind if he means this box....or a metaphorical box.....because this box looks pretty harmless. Mankind says that this box is far from harmless.....inside this box is freedom.....inside this box is the true Mick Foley.....Raven wants him to free it.....but if he does that, then there is no turning back. Snow asks Mankind if he has looked in the box yet but Mankind says no....he isn't ready. Al pats him on the back, telling him what Raven wants, Raven gets......

"......I tell you what.....go fetch Head for me, she's just freshening up in the bathroom.....bring her back here......and we'll open the box.....together....."

Reluctantly Mankind goes to fetch Head.....and quickly Al opens the box and begins to pull the contents out.....the same tatty white shirt Raven has been peddling for weeks.....a small black bag, which Al puts his hand inside, only to wince as he pulls out thumbtacks.....lighter fluid....matches.....and finally a small piece of barbed wire. Al looks down at the contents before shaking his head and quickly shoving the lot into a nearby locker.....he pulls a bag out from under a bench, and out of the sight of the camera he quickly fills the box with.....something.....before closing the lid and waiting for mankind to return.

Mankind walks back into the room with Head, who he places down beside Snow, who asks him if he's ready.....Mankind doesn't look ready.....but Al tells him that if this is what Raven wants, then this is what he should do......"it's all about Raven after all"......Mankind finally accepts his fate and agrees.....pulling the box closer to him and slowly opening the lid......before a look of confusion breaks out on his face......and Ravens music begins playing over the house system.....because it's match time folks.......

Rating: A

Quote:

VS.

....and that match is Raven....vs. The Undertaker......Raven may have believed that the Undertaker was nothing more than a means to an end.....a conduit for the chaos that he wanted to unleash......but this means to an end may well be the end of Raven himself.....because the Deadman is not in a good mood....and he's looking to punish Raven for all of his sins. To his credit, the leader of the lurid has come to the ring for this one alone.....not a member of his Flock in sight.....that may have been a mistake.....

......this match itself was so much better than it deserved to be.....and I only say that because of Raven's perceived place on the roster....realistically, regardless of his prominence in recent weeks and months, Raven is a midcarder at best......let me rephrase that.....WAS a midcarder at best.....because after this performance.....and every performance that involved a microphone leading up to this....Raven has rapidly risen up the pecking order.....and the twisting tale between himself, Mankind, The Undertaker.....yes and even Al Snow.....has brought all four men into the spotlight.....and brought Raven and Al Snow out of midcard obscurity.....sure neither man could be classed as a true main eventer.....yet......but this performance alone between Raven and The Undertaker was Wrestlemania worthy.

The Undertaker has been a true asset to the company in the year of 1996.....and a consummate professional.....who has single handedly elevated a slew of superstars to the top....first Mankind....then Kane.....and now Raven.....all of whom have transcended to another level on the back of working with the Deadman....and once again tonight, he's not afraid to sell for his opponent......the "Zombie" Taker of the early 90's is long gone.....what we have now is an Undertaker who is not afraid to go toe to toe with his opponents.....and because he IS the Undertaker, instead of being dragged down to their level, he elevates them up to his....a lesson that a few others could learn....

.....unfortunately for Raven....and despite a career making performance....he's not on the level of the Deadman yet......and tonight he finds himself counting the lights.....after a Tombstone Piledriver in the middle of the ring.....and the Undertaker gains a portion of revenge.

Winner: The Undertaker

Quote:

The Undertaker celebrates his victory, then turns to walk away.....but before he can leave he sees that Raven is not only conscious....but kneeling in the ring with his arms outstretched, laughing maniacally....The Deadman stops in his tracks and rolls his eyes to the back of his head.....before clutching Raven by the throat.....but Raven doesn't struggle....in fact he doesn't even stop laughing......in fact he laughs harder, telling the Undertaker that "he's coming".....which is when the lights go out.........

.......and a strange Disco-esq type music begins to play.........

......then the lights come back on.............

......to reveal what we can only assume is Dude Love, dancing like an idiot at the top of the entrance ramp.......

.....both the Undertaker and Raven stare dumbfounded at the sight before them.....and Raven isn't laughing anymore......the crowd however loves is.....and they love it even more when the Dude starts strutting down the aisle like the cool cat that he is.

He climbs into the ring, where the Deadman still has his hand wrapped around the throat of Raven, before telling the Undertaker to ".....Owww, have mercy......" The Undertaker looks at the Dude.....then looks at Raven, (who looks as horrified as he does) shakes his head....and simply lets go of Ravens throat....turns.....and leaves.......but not before stopping half way up the aisle to turn and have one last look at the Dude.....only to shake his head once more and head to the back.....as Raven stands on, horrified at the tie-dyed nightmare before him.

Quote:

We cut quickly back outside to the parking lot.....where after apparently running out of food...(but not beer......Austin bought plenty of beer).....The Loose Cannon and Stone Cold have had to find other things to amuse themselves......Austin is now amusing himself by drinking beer in his left hand instead of his right.....while staring a hole through the wall of the arena......Pillman on his other hand has got the trunk of a car open, and appears to be peddling official WWF merchandise.....with a Loose Cannon twist.....KLiQ shirts with the word "Sucks" spray painted across the logo......Hitman shirts that appear to have the extra letter "S" attached where it certainly shouldn't be attached.....Scott Steiner has a new shirt out apparently.....this one says Big Poppa Dump.....either way Pillman is amused.....he's making a few bucks too.....Austin is getting antsy though.....and we all know what happens when Stone Cold gets bored.

A poor security guard comes out on the order of Vince McMahon, requesting to see their licence for selling goods in a public place.....Austin tells him that "....I got your licence right here son....." before flipping the poor guard the bird.....and beating the snot out of him, before bouncing his head off the side of a car and tossing him to the floor while Pillman laughs like a lunatic. Boredom briefly alleviated Austin begins pacing back and forth like a caged animal, checking his watch.....presumably waiting for that final bell to ring.....as we head back to ringside for our next match.

Quote:

VS.

If this next match was going to have a tag line....it would be called a "don't p*ss off the Booker man" match......which is exactly what the Legion of Doom have done....several times....because after Hawk wrestled wasted a number of times.....to Animal being a jackass backstage.....to both men being furious with me for some weeks now.....to the final straw of Hawk requesting his release the day before the event....(he didn't get it.....yet).....the Road Warriors may well have hit a dead end on their Road to WWF employment.....because up until 24 hours before the event I was undecided on who was going to come out with the win.....Hawk made my mind up for me though.......and in a huge upset.....and in a surprisingly good match......The Hardy Boys defeated The Legion of Doom, after Jeff reversed a Doomsday Device attempt into a victory roll.....picking up the three count on Animal as Hawk crashed and burned to the mat

Winner(s): The Hardy Boys

Quote:

Hawk and Animal are not happy about the loss....I'm sure they thought they were going to walk out here and run a hole through these two kids, Road Warrior style.....unfortunately they have trained them just that little bit too well.....and tonight, that meant the Hardys picked up the win. The LoD turn to leave but Matt and Jeff stop them in their tracks, offering a hand in friendship. Hawk and Animal look the two youngsters up and down for a moment......kinda like they way a carnivore looks at a herbivore....before finally they relent, shaking the Hardys hands and congratulating them on a good victory, before they turn and head to the back. Matt and Jeff still don't look like they can believe they won....and they mount the turnbuckles to celebrate....which is when two mystery men jump into the ring behind them, steel chairs in hand

.....we don't know who these men are but we do know one thing.....they know how to wield a steel chair.....they nail a Hardy Boy a piece in the back, and then as Matt and Jeff collapse to the mat, they proceed to smash the steel chairs against their heads, before the two men produce microphones.....they don't tell us their names....but they do tell the Hardy Boys that they are sick of seeing them beating up on fossils and has beens week in and week out.....the Orient Express? The Beverly Sisters? Earthquake and Buffoon? And worse of all, Hawk and Animal.....they say that like it or not, you are looking at the future right here....and the future....looks Handsomely good

Quote:

Next up we have a pre match promo from Scott Steiner....who is with Dok Hendrix in the back....this is your standard Scott Steiner promo....which means it's far from standard as he screams about his peaks and his freaks....and the fact that he's been beating up his brother since they were in diapers....back then he used to Frankensteiner him out of his crib so that he could take Rich's juice box....tonight.....he's gonna Frankensteiner him out of his boots....and take that WWF Intercontinental Championship.

Quote:

VS.

It's time for our Semi Main event of the evening now.....and it's brother vs brother for the WWF Intercontinental Championship.....as Rich Steiner puts his gold on the line against Scott Steiner. These are a completely new look Steiner Brothers.....Rich, who sold out to the Million Dollar Corporation and has ditched the amateur headgear for suits and jewellery......while Scotty looks like an entirely different person all together. Big Poppa Pump would like nothing more than to take the Gold away from his brother.....and then if you believe his claims, he's going to go on to win the Royal Rumble.....and leave Wrestlemania as a duel Champion......Big claims.....but to do that he needs to win the Intercontinental Championship first.

The match itself went down much better than I expected.....especially when you consider the fact that it got a little bit awkward in places.....with a few timing issues here and there....obviously these two are more used to working WITH each other than AGAINST each other....but even that wasn't enough to derail a very, very good....and stiff.....match. These two went all out, with Scotty playing the avenging brother out for revenge, while Rich played the cowardly keep away......it's clear who the real stand out of the Steiners is.....because while Scott has been putting on constant match of the night performances week in and week out....and has risen to popularities he could previously only have dreamed of....Rich Steiner has plateaued out at his more natural position.....a comfortable and useful Upper Mid-card talent....and while Scott got himself over on natural ability and talent, his recent transformation into Big Poppa Pump has seen an even bigger surge in popularity....to go with a new found confidence on the microphone.

Rich Steiner's recent strategy has seemed to be the "Live and fight another day" strategy....which has seen him walk out on a number of matches, deliberately taking the Count-Out loss to save his skin......which is exactly what he does again here tonight....because after Scott hit a big Frankensteiner on his brother....that would likely have been the end of the match.....DiBiase reaches into the ring and drags his client to the floor, where Steiner snatches up his Title belt and heads to the back.....while Scotty calls him a little b*tch in the ring....and it was a credit to what these men did, because not even that cheap finish was enough to put a dampener on what was a great match.

Winner: Scott Steiner (via Count-Out)

Quote:

It's almost time for the final match of the night.....and arguably the biggest match of Ahmed Johnson's career....as he goes one on one with the reason of the ratings, Shawn Michaels.....for the World Wrestling Federation Championship.....and he's here now to let everyone know that's exactly what is going to happen.....with the help of Dok Hendrix, who operates as somewhat of a translator for old Mumblemouth Ahmed......the gist of which is that Shawn Michaels.....is going down......

While poor old Jerry Lawler....clearly in an effort by Vince McMahon to embarrass the King, is forced into the locker room of the KLiQ to get words from Shawn Michaels. Lawler is lambasted mercilessly by the KLiQ....particularly Justin Credible....as they ask him how life on Superstars is treating him.....Lawler replies that it's probably treating him better than Ahmed Johnson will be treating Shawn Michaels in just a few minutes.....but Shawn laughs that off.....telling Lawler, hasn't he heard? The band is back together.....the sun is shining....the birds are singing....and all is good in the world....because with the KLiQ at his back, it's not Shawn Michaels that's going down.....it's Ahmed Johnson

Quote:

VS.

The story of this evening so far has been an overachieving of matches that I wasn't expecting to deliver as well as they did.....and this was another one.....because after carrying Psycho Sid to the match of his career a few months back, the pressure was on for Shawn to repeat the feat here against big Ahmed Johnson.....and boy did he deliver.....because while he MAY have carried Sid to the match of his career, there is absolutely no doubt that this was the best Ahmed Johnson match....EVER.....

......not that I should have doubted the Heartbreak Kid....he doesn't call himself the Showstopper for nothing.....ironically, probably the worst match of his entire Title reign, was the one that started it all, when he defeated Bret Hart for the WWF Championship back at Wrestlemania XII....and I think that was only because he was p*ssy about having to turn heel.....wasn't such a bad idea after all eh Shawn....and since Shawn IS a heel....it's only natural that he should have Scott Hall, Kevin Nash and Sunny out there at ringside with him.

The Champion and Challenger face off in the middle of the ring, exchanging some words that we don't pick up.....which isn't a bad thing in the case of Ahmed.....before backing into opposing corners and circling each other, as the opening bell rings. Michaels tries with a side headlock off the tie up, which Ahmed releases by pushing off the ropes, then shows his power....putting Michaels down hard with a standing shoulderblock. Michaels gets back to his feet and sends Johnson across the ring with an Irish Whip, before attempting a Thez Press variation....which Ahmed counters with a reverse atomic drop....then sends Michaels flying 360 over the top rope with a running clothesline. Michaels is helped to his feet by Hall and Nash....but Ahmed sees the perfect opportunity to unleash one of his running dives over the top rope....taking out all three KLiQ men.

Ahmed rolls back inside before the KLiQ can regroup and catches hold of the rising Champion, suplexing him from the apron back inside the ring, but Michaels is able to wriggle free in mid air, landing behind Johnson and rolling him up for a near fall. Ahmed kicks out and goes to continue his offence but he gets cut off by a thumb to the eye....then tosses his Challenger through the ropes to the floor....distracting the official while Hall and Nash put the boots to Ahmed. The challenger finally manages to escape and attempts to re-enter the ring....when he steps through the middle however, Michaels swiftly kicks the rope, which connects with the baby Johnson in Ahmed's tights. The challenger tries to regain his composure on the apron, but HBK charges and barges Ahmed, sending him flying from the apron where he crashes into the crowd rail.....and once again Shawn distracts the official while Hall and Nash attack.

It shouldn't come as too much of a shock to be fair, the tactics that Michaels is engaging in....he pretty much told the world his game plan to utilise the KLiQ during his pre match interview....and he is doing so to perfection....so much so that it looks like Ahmed's days are numbered....especially when Shawn removes one of the corner turnbuckles to expose the cold hard steel....no way can he continue to withstand this three on one assault......especially if the have to fight their environment as well.......

......fortunately help is at hand....in the form of Scott Steiner and his trusty steel pipe....he comes charging down the aisle and clips the knee of Hall from behind, leaving him writhing in the floor in pain....before essentially chasing both of the Tag Team Champions away, under threat of severe pipe related injury....before returning to the back himself.....but not before he makes sure to let the Heartbreak Kid know that he's coming for him.

That leaves the Champion all alone with the Challenger.....and the crowd is really getting behind Ahmed here....so much so that the big man is able to mount a comeback, overpowering the Heartbreak Kid with heavy hitting moves that he punctuates with a one armed sit out spine buster, for a call so close that the crowd thought it was over. Johnson goes for the Pearl River Plunge, but Michaels escapes and plants Ahmed right in the jaw with the Sweet Chin Music....unfortunately he's right by the ropes and the momentum carries Ahmed all the way to the outside and safe from the pinfall attempt that would have followed.....not to be perturbed however, Shawn simply tells the official to count his Challenger out.....

......Ahmed makes it back inside by nine....and Shawn is already tuning up the band as he enters....flying across the ring with the killing blow as Johnson pulls himself back to his feet, but Ahmed sidesteps that and almost takes Shawn's head off with a hard running clothesline, before signalling that it's all over....and again hooking Michaels for the Plunge. Shawn is again able to wriggle free....but this time he is able to yank Johnsons legs out from under him and set up a catapult that sends Ahmed flying head first into the corner.....straight into that exposed turnbuckle from earlier in the match. That almost knocks Ahmed silly.....and he staggers backwards into the middle of the ring.....where he eats.....a Sweet Chin Music.....and three seconds later this one is all over....by hook or by crook, the Heartbreak Kid has done it again.

Winner: and Still WWF Champion.....Shawn Michaels

Quote:

Shawn kicks Ahmed to the outside and snatches his Championship from the official....and a microphone from the announce desk.....before declaring that he's done it again......and since Hall and Nash couldn't cope with a little solitary Steiner Brother.....he did it all by himself.....AGAIN. Shawn says that they may as well retire this Championship right now, because he's beaten everyone there is to beat.....and he'll beat anyone that's stupid enough to step into the ring with him.....and that includes whichever poor schmuck that wins the Royal Rumble....because they have them got to try and hang with the Icon at Wrestlemania.....and frankly.....there ain't no one in the back there that can do it.......

......which is when Scott Steiner comes walking back out....pipe still resting over his shoulder...followed by Chris Jericho....Psycho Sid.....Goldust....and the British Bulldog....Shawn Michaels may think he's done with everybody....but it looks as though not everybody is done with Shawn Michaels......including this man.....

.....who the camera captures a glimpse of, standing in the shadows off stage....staring a hole through the oblivious WWF Champion.........which is when a loud rumbling begins to echo through the arena......and a huge black monster truck, emblazoned with a big white 3:16 across the side, some crashing though at the side of the set.....

......as Steve Austin and Brian Pillman come flying out of it......clearly entering the arena the moment that final bell sounded, these two tear down the aisle at top speed, looking for the Champion....unfortunately when they get there the Champion has gone....hightailing it into the crowd for safety....leaving Steve Austin little to do but drink a few beers in the middle of the ring, to close out a very frustrating night for Stone Cold....as the road to the Royal Rumble begins to heat up.

Final Rating: B+

Last edited by to4sty : 10-29-2017 at 03:14 AM.
Unread 10-28-2017, 07:41 PM
Major League

If you'd told me that you were going to give Decembers In Your House a grade.....and two weeks ago you had offered me a B+ show, I would have bitten your hand off....because in all reality I didn't have high hopes for this one, it was a little bit of a throwaway event to be fair that had a few big matches thrown into it.....but after watching the guys bust their asses.....and to see the quality....not only of the matches, but of the segments....I'm not going to lie, I'm a little bit disappointed in that B+

I honestly wasn't expecting much from Ahmed Johnson....but he proved me wrong out there....and sure, a good portion of that might have been the stellar work of Shawn Michaels, but the already hugely popular Ahmed saw his stock rise even further here....even in defeat....in fact quite a few guys saw a bump in name value off the back of this event.....Scott Steiner, Raven, Al Snow.....Dude Love....all of them are in a better position now than they were at the start of this "throw away" event.

I'll tell you who's not in a better position however.....Hawk and Animal, The Legion of Doom....both who have decided to fill the void left by Hunter Hearst Helmsley, and make life difficult.....and Hawk requesting his release the day of this show pretty much finished both men in my eyes....and they are both FURIOUS with me right now.....and I couldn't care less....and between you and me, The Road Warriors might not be long for the WWF unless they have a serious attitude change....because the next time they ask for a release, they'll be getting it.

Anyway, enough about them.....it's Christmas.....and we only have one show left of the year....we might as well have fun with it.....

Quote:

Preview for Monday Night Raw, Week 4, December 1996
Special Holiday Edition

WWF Intercontinental Championship: Christmas Cage Match
Rich Steiner (c) vs. Scott Steiner
Comments:

Ho Ho Ho Handicap Match
Al Snow vs. The Dogs of War
Comments:

Chris Jericho's Mystery Holiday Gift Match
???? vs. Lance Storm
Who is ????
Comments:

Festive Falls Count Anywhere Match
Dude Love vs. Bill DeMott
Comments:

Three Wise Men Triple Threat Match
Billy Kidman vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Jerry Lynn
Comments:

Quote:

Prediction Contest

Beejus - 7
Kijar - 7
Mattitude90 - 6
ElectricX - 6
Crackerjack - 5
Nobby McDonald - 5
Unscrewed - 5
bonnie - 5
MisterRomanini - 4

Thanks to everyone that predicted, particularly Beejus and Kijar who are topping the table....the next event towards the prize will be The Royal Rumble...but feel free to take a pick at Raw just for fun.

Unread 10-28-2017, 08:22 PM
Living Legend

Comments:

Ho Ho Ho Handicap Match
Comments:

???? vs. Lance Storm
Who is ????- Rey Mysterio
Comments:

Comments:

Comments:
Unread 10-28-2017, 09:59 PM
All Star

IYH was great - specially loved that Al Snow/Dude Love segment. And I LOVE Holiday Gimmick shows.

Comments: Something feels off here - Kane?

Ho Ho Ho Handicap Match
Comments:

???? vs. Lance Storm
Who is ????
Comments: Eat a Reef?

Comments: