Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-16-2020, 07:14 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
Glad to see another show posted! Well worth the wait
Thanks, Jaysin! Glad you stuck around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element View Post
Couldn't agree more!

Loved the Flair promo ink625! And I'm really digging the more short and sweet promos altogether. All the worker personality in half the reading!
Thanks, Element! The shorter promos definitely speed things up and if it weren't for the shortened format, I just wouldn't be able to keep this going. Not like I've been doing a great job anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshbrady91 View Post
I really enjoyed the show!
Thanks, Josh! I truly appreciate your readership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby_McDonald View Post
Very worthwhile Mexican purchase there.
Yeah, I've had my eye on them for a while Nobby. I've tried to buy them out pretty much twice a week since June or so, since Mexico was the only game area other than Europe or Australia where I was a bit lacking in popularity. Should really come in handy with the impending North American wrestling industry crash that comes up in, I think, November 1991.
Unread 01-17-2020, 09:36 PM
Minor League

Was hoping to have the next shows posted today, but haven't quite had the time to put finish up and proofread. I do have the hardest part done though, so it should be up by Monday or Tuesday.

Last edited by ink625 : 01-20-2020 at 03:22 AM.
Unread 01-21-2020, 01:31 PM
Minor League

WWF TV for Week 2, October 1991

Quote:
Backstage before the show:

- I decided to try a little positive meddling between Tom Zenk and Rick Martel since they don't like each other. Well it backfired, and now they have a "Hatred" relationship. Eh, win some, lose some.

Monday, Week 2, October 1991
Bayfront Center in St. Petersburg, Florida
6,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT!
TV Rating: 7.91

Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan welcome everyone to the show and announce tonight's main event, Bret "The Hitman" Hart taking on "The Model" Rick Martel. They then send us backstage where "Mean" Gene Okerlund interviews the new #1 contender to the Intercontinental Championship, Sgt. Slaughter, and the Big Boss Man. Slaughter tells Boss Man that since Koloff cheated to win the Intercontinental title from him in the first place, and then had help from Dmitri to retain it in their rematch, he'll be the first to get a title shot after Slaughter beats Koloff!

w/
In a decent match, Shane Douglas defeated Kamala in 7:50 by pinfall with a rollup while Kamala was distracted from being yelled at by Slick, who abandoned him after the match.

Missy Hyatt is backstage next with WWF Champion Randy "Macho King" Savage and his Kingdom. Savage makes it clear that as long as he's champion Ric Flair will never get the title shot he so desperately wants. "OOOOH YEEAHH, Ric Flair. THE NATURE BOY, yeah. Well, I'm no boy Ric Flair and I'm here to tell you somethin' and it's real, real simple, yeah. AS LONG AS I'M THE WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION, you aren't even in the conversation for a title shot, yeah. YOU'RE NOT EVEN ON MY RADAR! And no matter what you say, and no matter what you do, you'll always be no better than number 2, yeah. DIG IT???!!!" Missy Hyatt begins to thank Savage for his time, when Vader cuts in with a message for Jake Roberts. "JAKE ROBERTS! It's tiiiime! When I'm through with you, you're gonna wish you'd stayed gone. You're gonna wish that I'd ended your career with that Powerbomb on the steel steps at Summerslam. YOU'RE GONNA WISH YOU HAD NEVER BEEN BORN! Because it's time Jake Roberts! IT'S...VADER ....TIME!!!!"

In an extremely short match, Smash defeated Brian Costello in 4:22 by pinfall.

Terry Funk and Paul Orndorff gloat about their victory over Mr. Perfect and The Texas Tornado at Backlash, and Funk took particular offense to their accusations that Bobby Heenan was still behind his and Orndorff's actions. "Now you boys listen up, and you listen good! Terry Funk ain't nobody's puppet!" He then addressed Perfect's former relationship with Heenan in particular. "You may've needed somebody to hold your little hand Hennig, but I'm my OWN man! Bobby Heenan was simply a means to an end. And you boys best mind your own business from now on, or we'll put an end to you! Nice and permanent like!"

w/
In a decent match, Dave Taylor defeated Jim Duggan in 10:36 by pinfall with a Bridging Fallaway Slam.

Back from commercial and we go to Paul Bearer and The Undertaker in the Funeral Parlor, with guests Hercules and his manager Slick. Slick cuts right to the chase. "I know why you asked us here Paul Bearer! But the answer is nooooo. Hercules is not for sale! Now, I know that you know, that I know, you guys have been havin' some trouble with Crush. Now that he's joined up with The Ultimate Warrior that is. And, I know that you know, that my Hercules has had a few run-ins with him too in the past month. What you DON'T know, is that Hercules works alone, so even if I was interested in selling him to you, it just wouldn't work! Now, where we go from here, is u....." Bearer cuts Slick off there. "OOOHHH Mr. Slick, you misunderstand me. I don't want to buy your Hercules. I invited you here, so we could TAKE HIM!" Undertaker suddenly levels Slick with a clothesline to the back of the neck. Seeing this, Hercules attacks Undertaker,

but is suddenly attacked from behind himself by Smash and Kevin Sullivan. Hercules puts up a decent fight, certainly more than Dino Bravo put up at Backlash, but the 3 on 1 advantage of the Army of Darkness was too much to overcome. Undertaker ended the onslaught with a Tombstone on the stage, before they placed Hercules in the casket nearby and rolled it out of the arena.

As we return from commercial, The Dragon is with Bam Bam Bigelow and Missy Hyatt in the ring. The Dragon says he's tired of Piper sticking his nose in his business with Hogan and if he hadn't already given Piper a good beating at SNME: Roadblock in July, he'd challenge him for another match for the upcoming Saturday Night's Main Event. But since he has nothing more to prove against Piper, he'll just let Bigelow teach him a lesson instead. If he's got the guts that is!

Commissioner Graham interrupts though, and says he's got a better idea. A tag team match for Saturday Night's Main Event: Vengeance, pitting The Dragon and Bam Bam Bigelow against Hulk Hogan and Roddy Piper.

The Dragon smiles at this news, happy he's dodged facing Hogan one on one. Graham has some bad news for him though, "I don't know what you're smilin' about Dragon. The only reason you're not facin' Hogan one on one at Vengeance instead, is because he's not quite 100% after your cowardly 2 on 1 beatdown following his match with Bigelow at Backlash. And I don't want you gettin' off light by facing Hogan while he's injured. So, with that in mind Dragon, let me just go ahead and ruin your Thanksgiving right now, by announcing your rematch with Hogan for Survivor Series instead!"

WWF World Tag Team Championship

The Bushwhackers (c) vs. "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase & I.R.S. w/ Sid

w/
Everyone was shocked when it was revealed to be The Bushwhackers under the Conquistador masks at Backlash, as they used a steel chair and a handful of tights to defeat the Legion of Doom for the tag titles. No one was shocked though, to learn it was Ted DiBiase behind the scheme. And no one was surprised here either, as anyone paying attention could see how this "match" was gonna play out before it even started. As the bell rang, DiBiase squared off with Luke, and the two tied up, collar and elbow, before Luke let DiBiase go behind and lock in his Million Dollar Dream sleeper. Luke immediately went limp and the referee raised and dropped his arm three times, awarding the match and the WWF World Tag Team Titles, by "submission", to DiBiase and I.R.S in just 19 seconds.

In an extremely short "match," The Million Dollar Man and Irwin R. Schyster defeated The Bushwhackers in 0:19 when The Million Dollar Man defeated Bushwhacker Luke by "submission" with a Million Dollar Dream. The Million Dollar Man and Irwin R. Schyster win the WWF World Tag Team titles.

Before the main event, "Mean" Gene Okerlund interviews Bret "The Hitman" Hart backstage. Hart begins the interview by talking about how good Rick Martel is in the ring, and how far he could've went in the wrestling business had he focused a little more on working his way up the ladder, and a little less on his hair! He then gives an update on the condition of his brother Owen, saying he'll be back soon and that Jake Roberts isn't the only man Vader should be looking over his shoulder for. And the same goes for Rick Rude too, because a Hart never takes it lying down. But the real meat and potatoes of the interview came when he addressed his failed attempt at winning the WWF Championship from Randy Savage at Summerslam. "I've said it before and I'll say it again. It is my dream to be the WWF Heavyweight Champion! And I had it within my grasp at Summerslam. I was seconds away, multiple times, from bringing the gold back to Calgary, but I let it slip through my fingers. I let Randy Savage and his goons get the best of me with their crap and I should have seen it comin'. I should have been ready for it. But I wasn't. I wasn't and that's on me. But I'll tell you this. That's a mistake I'll NEVER make again! Next time I'll be ready. And there will be a next time, because I'm not gonna stop. I'm not gonna stop until I earn another shot at the WWF Championship. Until I bring home the gold! And it doesn't matter who's standing on the other side of that ring when I get that shot. Because no matter who they are, they will never be the best there is. They'll never be the best there was. And they'll never be the best there ever will be. Because there's only one excellence of execution, and you're lookin at him!"

In a superb match, Bret Hart defeated Rick Martel in 15:35 by submission with a Sharpshooter.

Show Rating:

Post-show notes:

- Bret Hart and Rick Martel don't seem to click and it made their match awkward. Which sucks, since I thought I could possibly get something in the high 90s from those two.

Top 5 in-ring performances of the night:
Ted DiBiase - 95
Bret Hart - 85
Jim Duggan - 77
Rick Martel - 73
Kamala - 69

The Next Day:

- Jim Duggan says Shane Douglas is a star in the making that could make us lots of money in the future.

Quote:

- Robert Gibson had everyone in a great mood with his hilarious stories from the road.

Wednesday, Week 2, October 1991
Cobb County Civic Center in Marietta, Georgia
2,500 in attendance - SOLD OUT!
TV Rating: 0.54

Angle: Heenan and McMahon recap Monday's Prime Time Wrestling.
Rating: 100

Angle: Buddy Landel complains that it wasn't fair that he lost the WWF Television Championship match to Michael P.S. Hayes last week, since he couldn't properly prepare without knowing who his opponent was ahead of time. Therefore, he wants a rematch for the title tonight. Hayes comes out though, and says as much as he'd love to take Landel down "bad street" tonight, he's already signed on to defend the title against Phil Lafon of the Can-Am Connection tonight. "Maybe some other time though."
Rating: 77

In an extremely short match, Dmitri defeated Hector Guerrero in 3:04 by pinfall with a Flashbreaker.
Rating: 57

Angle: In a backstage interview with Missy Hyatt, Shawn Michaels, accompanied by Brian Pillman of course, taunts his opponent for tonight's main event, Ricky Morton of the Rock 'N' Roll Express, and reiterates the rumors he's heard of Marty Jannetty's demise. Commissioner Graham interrupts with some words of wisdom though. "Didn't your mother teach you not believe everything you hear, Mr Michaels?" It just goes in one ear and right out the other though, as Michaels just scoffs at the advice and leaves with Pillman.

WWF World Television Championship

Michael P.S. Hayes (c) vs. Phil Lafon w/ Doug Furnas

w/
In a decent match, Michael Hayes defeated Phil LaFon in 16:25 by pinfall with a Bulldog. Michael Hayes makes defense number 1 of his WWF World Television title.
Rating: 71

In a decent match, Shawn Michaels defeated Ricky Morton by disqualification in 15:38 when a heavily bandaged Marty Jannetty ran in and attacked Shawn Michaels.
Rating: 71

Angle: As the crowd erupted in a show of support for the returning Jannetty, Brian Pillman tried to put a stop to the attack. Robert Gibson joins Ricky Morton in thwarting Pillman's attempts though, keeping him at bay while Michaels and Jannetty brawl wildly as Superstars comes to a close.
Rating: 95

Show Rating: 80

Post-show notes:

- Shawn Michaels and Ricky Morton didn't click at all in their match and it was awkward as a result.

Shawn Michaels - 66
Phil Lafon - 64
Michael P.S. Hayes - 60
Dmitri - 57
Hector Guerrero - 57

The Next Day:

- Nothing to report.

Quote:

- Miss Elizabeth helped create a great atmosphere backstage when she pulled a rib on the entire locker room, leaving everyone laughing afterward.

Friday, Week 2, October 1991
Mobile Civic Center in Mobile, Alabama
2,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT!
TV Rating: 0.48

In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Skinner defeated Battle Ranger in 5:42 by pinfall with a Gatorbreaker.

Angle: Madusa cuts a pre-taped promo saying it's her destiny to be WWF Women's Champion. "I was born to be the WWF Women's Champion, and it's gonna take someone a lot better than Rockin' Robin to change my fate!"

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Atsushi Onita defeated Brooklyn Brawler in 5:56 by submission.
Rating: 60

Angle: After the match, The Mountie, The Honky Tonk Man and Jimmy Hart come out to mock Onita's choice of "bodyguard". Jimmy Hart had the last word. "Jimmy Snuka to watch your back? You must be out of your mind, baby! That's like asking a blind man to be a lifeguard! Ha ha ha ha ha!!"

Rating: 72

Angle: The Rebels have some words for Well Dunn before their tag team main event match. Tracy Smothers with the final word. "Ya know that old sayin, the south's gonna rise again? Well, as far as we're concerned, the south never fell, and you boys are gonna find out first hand, what a couple good ole southern boys can do!"
Rating: 74

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, The Rebels defeated Well Dunn in 15:51 when Steve Armstrong defeated Steven Dunn by pinfall with a Doomsday Dropkick.
Rating: 62

Show Rating: 67

Post-show notes:

- Nothing to report.

Atsushi Onita - 62
Tracy Smothers - 59
Steve Armstrong - 54
Skinner - 54
Steven Dunn - 54

The Next Day:

- Kamala and Jim Duggan will both be leaving the company on Sunday as their contracts are expiring. I was gonna resign both, basically to siphon pop from them, but Duggan wanted too much and I wouldn't match WCW's offer, and Kamala is a freelancer, so he wouldn't sign a longer term deal.

Last edited by ink625 : 01-21-2020 at 05:08 PM.
Unread 01-21-2020, 04:55 PM
Living Legend

That Savage promo was straight fire!

No real loss losing Duggan and Kamala.
Unread 01-21-2020, 10:39 PM
Low Minors

Really enjoyed the show ink! And while I agree with Jaysin that the Savage promo was indeed great, I think I slightly preferred the Bret Hart promo. Keep up the good work!
Unread 01-22-2020, 03:08 PM
Minor League

Quote:
That Savage promo was straight fire!

No real loss losing Duggan and Kamala.
Thanks Jaysin! Savage is definitely one of my favorites to write for.

And agreed on Duggan and Kamala. They could pull a decent match grade, but didn't bring much else to the table. Having said that though, despite his limited moveset and lack of flexibility character wise, I did like Kamala in real life at different points of his career. Mostly his WCCW stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element View Post
Really enjoyed the show ink! And while I agree with Jaysin that the Savage promo was indeed great, I think I slightly preferred the Bret Hart promo. Keep up the good work!
Thanks Element!

I've got a pretty good start on October, Week 3, and hope to get it posted soon.

Last edited by ink625 : 01-22-2020 at 03:54 PM.
Unread 01-27-2020, 01:03 PM
Minor League

WWF TV for Week 3, October 1991

Quote:

- Prior to the show, I released the Bushwhackers to trim some dead weight off my roster. I thought about giving them a full run as violent heels, similar to their time as the sheepherders, which I loved, but they just can't cut it in the ring anymore. Plus it wouldn't really have suited early 90s WWF as a full-time gimmick.
This is likely just the first of many roster cuts I'll make in the coming months, as I make room for new/younger talent.

- Sensational Sherri hosted an impromptu pizza party before the show, and everyone had a great time. Well, everyone but Shawn Michaels, who was angry that I released Bushwhacker Luke!

Monday, Week 3, October 1991
Kiel Auditorium in St. Louis, Missouri
9,300 in attendance - SOLD OUT!
TV Rating: 7.98

We start the show with footage from earlier in the day showing Mr. Perfect cornering Bobby Heenan in a locker room, accusing him again of being behind Paul Orndorff's attempted attacks on his father Larry. When Perfect isn't getting the answers he wants, he decides to deck Heenan. Orndorff and Terry Funk attack mid strike though, as Heenan makes a hasty retreat, tripping over his own feet as he falls out of the room. Funk and Orndorff are putting a pretty good beating on Perfect until The Texas Tornado bursts into the room to even things up. The four men brawl all over the backstage area, with Funk and Orndorff eventually gaining the upper hand after Funk pulls a pair of brass knucks out of his shoe and levels both men. Orndorff, seemingly satisfied with his "victory" in the brawl, left at that point. Funk wasn't finished though, and continued to wail on Tornado with the brass knucks, busting him wide open just before arena security could pull him off.

Once the footage ends, we go to Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan himself, who once again denies Perfect's accusations of his involvement in Orndorff's plans. Gorilla Monsoon continues to hound Heenan about it though, claiming no one buys it and that he should just stop being a weasel and face up to it like a man. Heenan just changes the subject though, and announces the night's main event, Ric Flair versus Dave Taylor.

w/
In an extremely short match, Koko B. Ware defeated Tony Stetson in 5:08 by pinfall with a Bird Buster.

Back from commercial, and Missy Hyatt is backstage with Nikita Koloff and Dmitri. Hyatt asks Koloff what he thinks about Sgt. Slaughter telling the Big Boss Man that he would get the first shot at the Intercontinental Championship when, not if, he beats Koloff at Vengeance. Koloff doesn't say a word though. Instead he just smiles and turns to Dmitri who reveals that he was holding a large rope behind his back. Dmitri would then tie one end of said rope around his waist and toss the other end off camera. When the camera turns, we see four men, all looking like they weigh over 300 pounds, take hold of the other end of the rope. Koloff then steps away and violently drags referee Shane Stevens back to the scene to officiate a tug of war. Four on one, with 1200 pounds on one side and 310 on the other, seemed like a mismatch. And it was, for the 1200 pound side, as Dmitri won the tug of war in a matter of seconds, not giving a single inch in the process. The instant it was over, Koloff would then attack and demolish all four of the 300 pounders, causing the fourth to almost do a somersault when hit with the Russian Sickle. Once he was finished, Koloff picked up Hyatt's mic, which she dropped when running for her life, and looked into the camera, "Does that answer your question?!"

w/
In a good match, Larry Zbyszko defeated Bob Backlund in 7:50 by submission with a LarryLand Dreamer.

The new WWF Tag Team Champions, "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase and I.R.S. are out next, accompanied by Sid. DiBiase does all the talking, "HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! That's right! You are looking at the new World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions, Money Incorporated! And there was nothing you could do to stop this Billy Graham! And just who do you think you are anyway, thinking you could tell The Million Dollar Man when and where he could challenge for the WWF Tag Team titles? No one tells me what's what. Because everybody's got a price for The Million Dollar Man, and that goes for you too Graham! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

This brings out Commissioner Graham, who surprisingly congratulates DiBiase and I.R.S. on their successful scheme in finding a loophole to compete for the tag titles, and for winning them. He didn't stop there though, "And just so you know there's no hard feelings, I'm not even gonna strip you of those titles. Which I definitely could do, since it's obvious to everyone that you paid off The Bushwhackers to throw that match last week. I'll tell you what I am gonna do though. I'm gonna make a match for Saturday Night's Main Event: Vengeance, in just a little over two weeks. It's gonna be you, Money Inc., defending the WWF Tag Team titles against the team that would likely still be the champions today if not for your interference last month on Prime Time, The Legion of Doom!!!!"

Money Inc. is furious at this news, but their night got even worse when Graham continued, "That is if you're still the champions by then, since you'll be defending the titles right now against The Rebels. Oh, and if you manage to retain tonight, you'll also be defending them next week against a brand new tag team. Good luck, gentlemen. You're gonna need it!"

Money Inc. w/ Sid (c) vs. The Rebels

w/
In a decent match, Money Inc. defeated The Rebels in 16:07 when Irwin R. Schyster defeated Tracy Smothers by pinfall with a Write Off. Money Inc. make defense number 1 of their WWF World Tag Team titles.

The Ultimate Warrior is with Crush for a promo on the Army of Darkness. The Ultimate Warrior has the first words, "Paul Bearer, I have seen your army grow stronger in the past week, with the addition of Hercules. BUT THE WARRIORS HAVE GONE STRONGER AS WELL! For Crush, has felt the power of all of my warriors, AND THE POWER OF DESTINY, rushing through his veins, Paul Bearer. And when the time comes for that ultimate battle, me and all of my warriors, WILL REIGN SUPREEEME!" Crush had the final say, and a challenge for Hercules, "Me and you were already on a collision course, Hercules. And now it appears you'll be aligned with the Army of Darkness. Which means it's just like my bruddah the Ultimate Warrior said, it's destiny. So, if you're still out there Hercules. If you're still able to go after what your new family did to you last week. Then I'm ready, brah. Are you ready? For Vengeance?"

In an extremely short match, Steve Williams defeated Rick Fuller in 3:34 by pinfall with a Belly to Belly Suplex.

Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan are recapping the night's action ahead of our main event, when the crowd suddenly starts going crazy. It isn't long before the fans at home see what the fans in the arena see, a heavily bandaged Texas Tornado making his way out to the broadcast position near the entrance way.

Bobby Heenan wisely hits the bricks as Tornado is handed a mic by a production member. "TERRRRY FUNK!!!! YOU THINK YOU'RE RID OF ME? WELL YOU GOT ANOTHER THING COMIN'! YOU THINK A FEW DOZEN STITCHES IS GONNA GET ME OUT OF YOUR LIFE?!" At this point Tornado stops talking, and repeatedly punches himself until blood starts seeping through the bandages on his forehead. "WELL YOU COULDN'T BE MORE WRONG, FUNK! BECAUSE I WILL FIGHT YOU UNTIL I CAN'T STAND UP ANYMORE! I WILL FIGHT YOU 'TIL EVERY DROP OF BLOOD HAS POURED FROM MY BODY! I WILL FIGHT YOU 'TIL THEY HAVE TO TAKE ME OUTTA HERE IN A HEARSE IF THAT'S WHAT IT TAKES! BUT ONE WAY OR ANOTHER TERRY FUNK, YOU'RE MINE!!"

w/w/
In a bout that had great wrestling and good heat, Ric Flair defeated Dave Taylor in 15:56 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock.

Victorious, Flair calls Elizabeth into the ring to celebrate with him. As she makes her way up the steps, Flair suddenly calls for her to run, as he sees Vader and Rick Rude hurrying toward the ring.

Flair doesn't back down himself though, taunting at Vader and Rude to bring it on. They don't get the chance though, as Jake Roberts comes through the crowd and slides in the ring behind Flair, bringing his new friend Lucifer with him.

The crowd erupts as Roberts dumps Lucifer out in the ring and Vader and Rude retreat, ending Prime Time on a high note.

Show Rating:

Post-show notes:

- Nothing to report.

Ted DiBiase - 96
Ric Flair - 93
Larry Zbyszko - 82
Bob Backlund - 69
Irwin R. Schyster - 65
Dave Taylor - 65

The Next Day:

- Mr. Perfect says Simon Kenney is a natural talker and deserves to be given some mic time.

- Rick Rude says Dmitri needs to learn how to sell.

- The Undertaker thinks Rick Fuller is pretty good in the ring and I should push him.

Quote:

- Nothing to report.

Wednesday, Week 3, October 1991
Memorial Hall in Kansas City, Missouri
3,500 in attendance- SOLD OUT!
TV Rating: 0.53

Angle: Recap of Monday's Prime Time Wrestling with Vince McMahon and Bobby Heenan.

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, The Berzerker defeated Ricky Santana in 5:43 by pinfall with a Powerslam.
Rating: 60

Angle: Commissioner Graham announces that after Shawn Michaels tried to attack Marty Jannetty with a lead pipe earlier today when he arrived at the arena, both men have been barred from the building for all WWF Events until Saturday Night's Main Event: Vengeance. He also announces that the feud has now gone way past a "simple" no holds barred match, and therefore the Jannetty vs. Michaels match at Vengeance will be a Steel Cage match instead!

In a bout that had terrible wrestling and non-existent crowd heat, The State Patrol defeated Chaz Taylor and Mike Bucci in 5:57 when Cpl. D.B. Parker defeated Mike Bucci by pinfall with a Fabricated Evidence.
Rating: 46

Angle: Michael Hayes cuts his first WWF promo and issues an open challenge for his WWF Television Championship. Shane Douglas accepts, much to the chagrin of Buddy Landel who rushes out just 4 or 5 seconds too late with a string of toilet paper stuck to his boot! Hayes finds this to be hilarious, but turns more serious as Landel continues to pout, "I don't know what you're whinin' about Landel. YOU AIN'T GOT WHAT IT TAKES, TO TAKE WHAT I GOT ANYWAY!"
Rating: 76

WWF World Television Championship

Michael P.S. Hayes (c) vs. Shane Douglas

In a decent match, Michael Hayes defeated Shane Douglas in 16:11 by pinfall with a Bulldog. Buddy Landel tried to interfere late in the match, but both Hayes and Douglas put a stop to it. Michael Hayes makes defense number 2 of his WWF World Television title.

Angle: After a very competitive match, Hayes and Douglas shake hands in a show of mutual respect, as a fuming Landel looks on from ringside.
Rating: 75

Show Rating: 73

Post-show notes:

- The low Hayes/Douglas match grade was due to face vs. face penalties.

Michael Hayes - 58
The Berzerker - 57
Cpl. D.B. Parker - 56
Shane Douglas - 52
Ricky Santana - 51

The Next Day:

- Nothing to report.

Quote:

- Nothing to report.

Friday, Week 3, October 1991
Sioux City Auditorium in Sioux City, Iowa
3,500 in attendance - SOLD OUT!
TV Rating: 0.49

Angle: "Mean" Gene Okerlund is backstage with Rockin' Robin for her first interview as WWF Women's Champion. "I tried to give Madusa the benefit of the doubt at Backlash, but I won't make that mistake again, Gene. I won't just be a paper champion either. Madusa is just the first in a long line of challengers, but when it's all said and done, I won't just be the first woman to hold this title, I'll be the last!"

In a decent match, The Honky Tonk Man, accompanied by his manager Jimmy Hart and The Mountie, defeated Jimmy Snuka, accompanied by Atsushi Onita, by pinfall in 10:12 when Snuka was distracted by a Mountie/Onita brawl at ringside.
Rating: 64

Angle: After the match, Onita and Snuka quickly turn the tables on Honky Tonk and Mountie, taking firm control of the brawl. That is until Jimmy Hart's Nasty Boys showed up to make it a 4 on 2 beatdown. A beatdown that ended with Onita and Snuka on the wrong end of The Mountie's cattle prod and Honky Tonk Man's guitar respectively.

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Bull Nakano defeated Jaguar Yokota in 7:27 by pinfall with a Guillotine Leg Drop.
Rating: 66

Angle: The Big Boss Man cuts a pre-match promo on Greg Valentine. "I thought I'd taught you to respect the law a long time ago Greg Valentine. But the crap you've been pullin' lately, proves you didn't learn your lesson, punk! So I guess I'll just have to teach it again tonight. When I'm through with you, you're gonna know first hand, how easy it is to get locked up, and how hard it is to escape!"

In a bout that had great wrestling and good heat, Big Boss Man defeated Greg Valentine in 16:05 by pinfall.
Rating: 76

Show Rating: 79

Post-show notes:

- I obviously know Rockin' Robin wasn't the first WWF Women's Champion. That part of the promo was just in reference to this new incarnation of the WWF Women's Championship.

Big Boss Man - 88
Greg Valentine - 68
Bull Nakano - 63
Honky Tonk Man - 59
Jimmy Snuka - 56

The Next Day:

- Big Boss Man says Jerry Sags is clumsy and is going to end up hurting someone badly.

Last edited by ink625 : 01-27-2020 at 01:10 PM.
Unread 01-27-2020, 07:25 PM
Living Legend

Boss Man and Valentine scored a much better rating than I anticipated. Glad Boss Man is getting some wins though. Super underrated talent.
Unread 01-28-2020, 01:00 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Boss Man and Valentine scored a much better rating than I anticipated. Glad Boss Man is getting some wins though. Super underrated talent.
Yeah, and it was definitely a great grade for a throwaway main event on a "B" show.

As far as Boss Man getting some wins is concerned, well I just noticed he was long overdue before I wrote this show. The Valentine match was just his fourth since July, and he'd lost two of the first three, the IC title to Koloff and then the rematch. His only other match in that time frame was the tag match from Backlash. In other words, the win over Valentine was his first singles match win since June. It's just so easy to get caught up writing the angles, that you don't really notice that, yeah Boss Man has been featured heavily throughout this diary, but he's only actually wrestled 16 times in almost 10 full months. Which is part of the reason why I mentioned trimming some dead weight off my roster in my last post.

Anyway, I've rambled on enough. Thanks for reading Jaysin!
Unread 02-03-2020, 12:21 PM
Minor League

Just wanted to give a little update since it's been almost a week since I posted. Unless something goes majorly wrong, October Week 4 and the prediction card for SNME: Vengeance should be posted no later than tomorrow. Thanks for reading!
Unread 02-03-2020, 12:59 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ink625 View Post
Just wanted to give a little update since it's been almost a week since I posted. Unless something goes majorly wrong, October Week 4 and the prediction card for SNME: Vengeance should be posted no later than tomorrow. Thanks for reading!
Canít wait!
Unread 02-04-2020, 01:03 PM
Minor League

WWF TV for Week 4, October 1991

Quote:

- Nothing to report.

Monday, Week 4, October 1991
Freeman Coliseum in San Antonio, Texas
9,500 in attendance - SOLD OUT!
TV Rating: 7.98

Gorila Monsoon and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan welcome everyone to the show and announce the night's main event, Bret "Hitman" Hart vs. Earthquake. We then go backstage to "Mean" Gene Okerlund, who's with Ric Flair and Elizabeth. Flair says it's obvious that despite what Savage said a few weeks back, he is definitely on the Macho King's radar. Why else would he have sent his "jesters," Rude and Vader, after him last week? He continued,

Flair: "But you go ahead and send whoever you want Savage! BECAUSE THE NATURE BOY, WOOOOO, will NEVER back down from a fight! And I will be the next World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Champion! AND WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, LEARN TO LOVE IT, SAVAGE, CAUSE I'M THE BEST THING GOIN', IN WRESTLING TODAY! WOOOOO!!!!"

In an extremely short match, Buddy Landel defeated Gene Ligon in 4:57 by pinfall with a Corkscrew Elbow Drop.

Sgt. Slaughter cuts a promo on Nikita Koloff and their Intercontinental Championship match at SNME: Vengeance.

Slaughter: At-Ten-HUT! Now LISTEN UP "Russian Maggot" Nikita Koloff, and you too Dmitri! You pukes! You slime! You scums! You think you can just invade MY country and cheat your way to the top? Well, old sarge has got just a few things to say about that. I may not have done what was right for my country very often here in 1991, but I'm on a mission to change that. I'm on a mission for forgiveness from my fellow countrymen. And that all starts with you two. This Saturday Night's Main Event is called Vengeance, and indeed vengeance will be mine! And so will your WWF Intercontinental Championship, Nikita Koloff! You are DISMISSED!!"

w/
In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, The Rock 'n' Roll Express defeated Paul Roma and Kato in 9:49 when Robert Gibson defeated Paul Roma by pinfall with a Double dropkick.

Commissioner Graham has an announcement regarding the Terry Funk/Texas Tornado situation.

Graham: "I've given this a lot of thought, and I've come to a decision. I don't usually like to sign a big match like this on such short notice, but after what went down last week, I feel I have no choice. In just five short days, at Saturday Night's Main Event: Vengeance, at the Summit in Houston, Texas, Terry Funk will meet The Texas Tornado in a rematch from Wrestlemania 7. But there's not gonna be any gimmicks to give Funk the advantage, like the bullrope from Wrestlemania. And certainly no one is going to be killed, as Texas Tornado suggested last week. No, we're just gonna have ourselves a simple, old-fashioned, 2 out of 3 falls match! The falls will be decided by pinfall or submission only, which means no count outs and no disqualifications. However, no disqualifications doesn't mean anything goes. Quite the opposite actually, because anyone caught cheating will not only forfeit the match immediately, they will be FIRED from the World Wrestling Federation! This whole thing started over who's the best wrestler from Texas. Well, we're gonna find out once and for all this Saturday. And this WILL BE the end of it too, because if either man so much as looks in the other's direction outside of a sanctioned match after this, they will be fired then too! This all started in Texas back in February, and we're ending it in Texas this Saturday!"

In an extremely short match, Vader defeated Scott Taylor in 5:10 by pinfall with a Vader Bomb.

Accompanied by his Army of Darkness, Paul Bearer announces what everyone already suspected, that the mighty Hercules is indeed the newest soldier in his army. He also accepts Crush's challenge to face Hercules at Saturday Night's Main Event: Vengeance. Finally, he finishes with a warning for not only Crush and Ultimate Warrior, but the entire WWF:

Bearer: "OOHH, Crush, OOHH, Ultimate Warrior, you two will be just the first, in a long line of victims, as my army marches through the World Wrestling Federation! Led by my Undertaker, we will take no prisoners and we will show no mercy. But all who fall before us, on our path to victory, will eventually see peace. It just won't be the kind they were hoping for, OOHH NOO!"

Cut to Undertaker,

Undertaker: "For they will be RESTING in peeeaace!"

As they made their way down to the ring, accompanied by Sid, Money Inc. still had no idea who their opponents in this tag title match would be. All they knew was it would be a brand new team in the World Wrestling Federation. When no one showed up after a couple minutes, an impatient DiBiase grabbed a mic,

DiBiase: "What's the hold up, Graham? Come on and send these new punks down to the ring. Every second I waste standing here, is costing me hundreds of thousands of dollars!"

This does bring out Commissioner Graham, but he isn't alone. Instead, he's with two large, well-built, masked men, that he introduces to Money Inc. as The Birds of Prey, The Falcon and The Eagle!

DiBiase and I.R.S. do not look pleased to see their opponents, as they quickly hop out of the ring and huddle up with Sid outside.

Money Inc. w/ Sid (c) vs. The Birds of Prey

w/

In a bout with great heat, The Birds of Prey defeated Money Inc. in 5:25 when DiBiase and I.R.S. intentionally got counted out after taking a solid 5-minute beating, with no end in sight, from The Birds of Prey. The Birds of Prey do not win the WWF World Tag Team Championships by countout.

As the bell rings, and Money Inc. and Sid are making their way to the back, the fans in Freeman Coliseum begin a chant that stops them in their tracks,

Fans: "L.O.D.! L.O.D.! L.O.D.! L.O.D.!"

Stunned, Money Inc. turns back to the ring, as the chant changes to,

Fans: "TAKE THEM OFF! TAKE THEM OFF! TAKE THEM OFF! TAKE THEM OFF!"

The Birds of Prey oblige, taking their masks off to reveal THE LEGION OF DOOM!

The fans erupt, as DiBiase cries foul and Animal is handed a mic,

Animal: "Prepare for round 2 on Saturday. We are gonna pick your bones clean! Tell 'em Hawk!"

Hawk: "AHHHHHHHHHH, WHAT A RUUUUSSHH!!!!!!!"

Hulk Hogan and Roddy Piper with some pre-recorded comments for The Dragon and Bam Bam Bigelow.

Hogan: "WELL YA KNOW SOMETHIN', HOT ROD?!! I've been waiting since Summerslam, to get my hands on that backstabbing Dragon again, Brother! And now we're so close, just five days away, from The Hulkster, givin' The Dragon, just a small taste of what I've got in store for him, when we go one on one at Survivor Series, dude. And I know you wouldn't mind to have another crack at him yourself, Hot Rod."

Piper: "That's right, Hulkster, I wouldn't. But ya can't forget about that big goof, Bam Bam Bigelow either. Oh, no. He may have that stupid flame tattoo on his big, bald noggin, and a whole lotta nothin' underneath it, but MAN DOES HE PACK A WALLOP! BUT THAT'S OKAY! I've took many a beatin' in my day, from men a lot bigger and lot tougher than you, Bam Bam! And as for you, Dragon, I might take a few swings atcha, but I'm leavin' most of ya for the Hulkster! And let me tell ya, ha ha, that I have been on this man's bad side, and that's a place you don't EVER wanna be! Tell 'em, Hulkster!"

Hogan: "SO WHATCHA GONNA DO, DRAGON, AND WHATCHA GONNA DO, BIGELOW, WHEN THE LARGEST ARMS IN THE WORLD, AND THE HOT ROD, RUN WILD..ON..YOOOOUUUUUU??!!"

In an extremely short match, The Dragon defeated Hector Guerrero in 4:54 by submission with a Chickenwing.

It's time for the main event and Earthquake is out first, accompanied by Typhoon and Jimmy Hart. When Bret Hart follows, and climbs in the ring, he's immediately surrounded by the trio, with Jimmy Hart screaming incoherently into his megaphone. Things are looking bad for Hart, until Jim Neidhart rushes to the ring.

After Earthquake, Typhoon and Jimmy Hart make a hasty exit, you can clearly hear Neidhart tell Bret that he's got a little surprise for him, pointing to the curtain. Back from injuries suffered at the hands of Vader and Rick Rude at Summerslam, it's Owen Hart!

He joins Bret and Anvil in the ring to even the odds, embracing Bret as the crowd roars.

w/w/
In an exceptional match, Bret Hart defeated Earthquake in 11:36 by submission with a Sharpshooter.

During the match, Rick Rude and Vader came down to "watch," but Commissioner Graham stopped them before they could make it to the ring and threw them out. The Harts celebrate, as the final Prime Time before Vengeance goes off the air.

Show Rating:

Post-show notes:

- The Eagle and The Falcon were actually a tag team that competed most famously in Japan, finishing 9th out of 10 teams in AJPW's 1994 World's Strongest Tag Determination League, won by Kenta Kobashi & Mitsuharu Misawa. The Eagle was Jackie Fulton and The Falcon was George Hines. Those two would obviously never pass for LOD in real life, size or physique wise, but I thought the photos I used were cropped high enough to make it passable.

Ted DiBiase - 95
Bret Hart - 94
Vader - 93
Hawk(The Falcon) - 93
The Dragon - 92

The Next Day:

- Rick Rude said that I.R.S. doesn't connect with the fans and that I should just, get this, "write him off!". Purely a coincidence as that expression is used a lot in these little blurbs in the game, but I still love it!

Quote:

- Nothing to report.

Wednesday, Week 4, October 1991
Corpus Christi Coliseum in Corpus Christi, Texas
3,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT!
TV Rating: 0.55

Angle: We open the show with Buddy Landel already in the ring, microphone in hand.

Landel: "Every single person in this buildin' knows why I'm here. Michael Hayes, I want my rematch for the Television title and I want it right now. And I don't wanna hear no excuses that you're scheduled to wrestle someone else or any other crap. I have it on the highest authority that you have no opponent scheduled for tonight. So, here I am. Like my grandpappy always said, the early bird catches the worm, and I am gettin' hungry!"

Commissioner Graham comes out instead of Hayes though, and breaks the bad news,

Graham: "I'm sorry Mr. Landel, but I have some bad news. There isn't going be a television title match this week. You see, Mr. Hayes had a medical issue and had to rush home.

Landel actually seems concerned for Hayes, until he questions Graham about what the problem is and Graham answers,

Graham: "He ate some bad shellfish at the airport hotel and had some, well stomach issues, and well you get why he might have a problem wrestling tonight."

Landel is beside himself with anger.
Rating: 83

Angle: Prime Time Wrestling Recap with Vince McMahon and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan.

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Bob Backlund defeated Glen Osbourne in 5:40 by submission with a Crossface Chickenwing.
Rating: 65

In a poor match, Bill Irwin defeated Brian Costello in 5:43 by pinfall with a Superplex.
Rating: 63

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Kevin Von Erich defeated The Equalizer in 5:50 by pinfall with a Diving Crossbody.
Rating: 70

Angle: Recorded from each man's living room, Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty have some final words for each other ahead of their Steel Cage match at Vengeance.

Jannetty: That's right, Shawn Michaels, I'm BACK! And there's only one reason. I didn't come back for the money. I didn't come back for the glory. I'm back for one reason and one reason only, and that's you Shawn Michaels! To return that little favor that you did to me on the Barber Shop! And I've heard it through the grapevine, that you've been hittin' the gym hard. You've been pumpin' those weights, and runnin' those stairs, tryin' to get into the best possible physical condition of your life. But it's not gonna do you one bit of good Shawn Michaels. Because when you step into that Steel Cage with me at Vengeance, you can bring all the right tools, but if you don't know how to use 'em, it's like bringin' a knife to a gunfight! You're just gonna get hurt!

Michaels: "You know I'm surprised you came back at all Jannetty. I know I would have never shown my face again, in any wrestling company, anywhere in THE WORLD, if someone made a fool out of me, like I did you, last month on the Barber Shop! But if there's one thing that's for sure, it's that I'm not you, Marty! Because you're not the sexiest man alive. That's me! YOU'RE NOT THE HEARTBREAK KID! THAT'S ME! YOU'RE NOT THE GREATEST WRESTLER, WALKING GOD'S GREEN EARTH TODAY! That's me! And this Saturday Night, at Vengeance, I'm gonna finish what I started on The Barber Shop. But this time, I'm gonna put you outta commission for good!"

In a decent match, The Warlord defeated Virgil in 8:02 by pinfall with a Running Powerslam.
Rating: 61

Show Rating: 76

Post-show notes:

- Nothing to report.

Kevin Von Erich - 62
Bob Backlund - 58
The Warlord - 55
Bill Irwin - 54
Virgil - 51

The Next Day:

- Nothing to report.

Quote:

- Nothing to report.

Friday, Week 4, October 1991
Beaumont Civic Center in Beaumont, Texas
2,248 in attendance
TV Rating: 0.52

Angle: A final preview of Saturday Night's Main Event: Vengeance in the event center with "Mean" Gene.

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Chris Adams defeated Bob Bradley in 6:06 by submission with a Super Lock.
Rating: 64

Angle: The Mountie, Honky Tonk Man, The Nasty Boys and Jimmy Hart brag about ridding the WWF of that "invader" Onita and the thorn in their sides for years, Snuka. The Mountie had the final word,

The Mountie: "You think you can just sneak into any country you want Onita? Well, not on The Mountie's watch! Because, The Mountie ALWAYS gets his man!"

In an extremely short match, Well Dunn defeated Al Burke and Scott Taylor in 5:28 when Timothy Well defeated Scott Taylor by pinfall with a Piledriver.
Rating: 54

In a poor match, Candi Devine defeated Denise Storm in 6:10 by pinfall.
Rating: 55

Angle: Madusa admits she may have underestimated Rockin' Robin after hearing her promo last week, and says she appreciates the confidence. "But confidence will only get you so far, Robin. And you've gone as far as you're going to as WWF women's champion, because tomorrow night at Vengeance, I'll be taking my rightful place at the top!"

In an extremely short match, Sid defeated Jim Powers in 4:46 by pinfall with a Powerbomb.
Rating: 75

Show Rating: 80

Post-show notes:

- Nothing to report.

Sid - 84
Chris Adams - 55
Candi Devine - 53
Bob Bradley - 52
Timothy Well - 51
Steven Dunn - 51

The Next Day:

- My developmental territory, Championship Wrestling from Boston(CWB), signed a deal with the Empire Sports Network to broadcast their events. This will give them "small" coverage in the Tri-state area.

WWF Saturday Night's Main Event: Vengeance Predictions Card:

WWF Saturday Night's Main Event: Vengeance

Saturday, Week 4, October 1991

From The Summit in Houston, Texas

Tag Team Grudge Match - MAIN EVENT

Hulk Hogan and "Rowdy" Roddy Piper vs. The Dragon and Bam Bam Bigelow

Comments:

WWF Intercontinental Championship
"The Russian Nightmare" Nikita Koloff w/ Dmitri (c) vs. Sgt. Slaughter

Comments:

Money Incorporated w/ Sid (c) vs. The Legion of Doom w/ Paul Ellering

Comments:

WWF Women's Championship
Rockin' Robin (c) vs. Madusa w/ Larry Zbyszko

Comments:

Steel Cage Match
Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty

Comments:

The Final Showdown - 2 out of 3 Falls
Terry Funk vs. The Texas Tornado
**Final match between these two. If either man touches the other at any point after this match, he's fired. If either cheats, he's fired. There must be a winner. Falls by pin or submission only.**

Comments:

Grudge Match
Crush w/ The Ultimate Warrior vs. Hercules w/ The Army of Darkness

Comments:

Bonus Question
Match of the night?

Answer:

Unread 02-04-2020, 03:23 PM
Living Legend

Saturday, Week 4, October 1991

From The Summit in Houston, Texas

Comments: Hogan seems to lose more in this diary than he ever did in real life, but I can't bet against him here

Comments: Nikita has more mileage left in him than Slaughter does.

Comments: I like Money Inc, but it's hard to pick against LOD

WWF Women's Championship

Comments: I just like Madusa more

Steel Cage Match

Comments: HBK is a far better worker and this is a good way to help push him up the card

**Final match between these two. If either man touches the other at any point after this match, he's fired. If either cheats, he's fired. There must be a winner. Falls by pin or submission only.**

Comments: Kerry is younger. He has personal problems, but if you can keep those in check he's a good hand to have around.

Grudge Match

Comments: I love Hercules, but this is a good time to push Crush

Bonus Question
Match of the night?

Answer:Hulk Hogan and "Rowdy" Roddy Piper vs. The Dragon and Bam Bam Bigelow
Unread 02-05-2020, 12:56 PM
Low Minors

Don't think I've commented here before, but I've been following along. The promos are fantastic! You have a real knack for capturing their tics.

Comments: I'm reluctant to pick against Hogan but I don't trust Piper!

Comments: gtfo stolen valor Slaughter

Comments: Shenanigans!

WWF Women's Championship

Comments:

Steel Cage Match

Comments: Would be interesting to use this to catapult Jannetty instead of HBK but... come on.

Comments: Gotta give it to the young gun. Has he been keeping clean in your game?

Grudge Match

Comments: Love a good evil goth stable. They'll get the heat back in the post-match crucifixion.

Bonus Question
Match of the night?

Answer: The main event for sure. Lot of pop in there!
Unread 02-05-2020, 08:18 PM
Low Minors

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

WWF Women's Championship

Comments:

Steel Cage Match

Comments:

Comments: In a vacuum Tornado's a no-brainer, but unless you get lucky with his personal issues it's gonna be tough to push him long term

Grudge Match

Comments:

Bonus Question
Match of the night?

Answer:Hulk Hogan and "Rowdy" Roddy Piper vs. The Dragon and Bam Bam Bigelow

Last edited by Element : 02-05-2020 at 08:25 PM.