Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-20-2019, 09:01 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappyboy View Post
Well, there go my color commentators. But to be fair, I do typically do only two person booths so I only hire one of these types at a time.
I think this means, like eye candy girls with no mic ability, so you wouldn't use them as color anyway. Can't be eye candy if you can't be seen lol.
Unread 07-20-2019, 09:51 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeemuFoundation View Post
I was just thinking about this the other day, and since we're on the subject, I guess I'll just put Saudi Arabia into the Southern Mediterranean region in the game world. I mean, that's sorta kinda where Saudi Arabia is... let's just say there was some crazy political incident in the game world, and Saudi Arabia is now considered to be a part of Europe, okay? Unless others have a better idea lol.

Maybe with the new "Locations" feature, I can just make a location called Saudi Arabia, or something. Or a city in Saudi Arabia. I don't really see a better way.
Saudi Arabia uses blood and oil money to join the European Union. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive
In the same vein, I imagine most people who aren't hardcore Ring Ka King fans will turn off India when playing...
I never turn off any area when playing, unless it's a mod made for that area. Sometimes though, it doesn't matter if I turn it on or not because that region is dead. Hopefully India won't be like that.
Unread 07-20-2019, 10:20 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive View Post
Yeah that event gave the word "papered" a whole new meaning.

While it would of course be kind of cool to be able to do the Collision in Korea show, I'd say it would sort of be overkill to include a whole region in the game just for that.

In the same vein, I imagine most people who aren't hardcore Ring Ka King fans will turn off India when playing...
After much time to think about it, I don't know why India was inserted into the mix by itself. I can see it being inserted, and why, but by itself? Odd. Why not just make North America, Central and South America, Europe, British Isles, Asia, Australia, heck even Africa so we can have all the continents represented and then dividing some of those in to sub regions, like India would obviously be one of those for Asia, and so on.
Unread 07-20-2019, 10:26 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn michaels View Post
After much time to think about it, I don't know why India was inserted into the mix by itself. I can see it being inserted, and why, but by itself? Odd. Why not just make North America, Central and South America, Europe, British Isles, Asia, Australia, heck even Africa so we can have all the continents represented and then dividing some of those in to sub regions, like India would obviously be one of those for Asia, and so on.
Adam has answered to you already, in this very thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland
Sure. India looks like it is has the potential to be a really big market down the line due to its size, political scene, and culture, so I think it's going to be far more important in the coming wrestling world than the two you mentioned.

All three were debated, as was a Rest Of The World area (which was dropped because it was not feasible without having a negative impact on other features, not because it wasn't a fine idea), but ultimately there are space and processing time considerations to take into account and if only one area is going to be added, India is the clear choice for me.
Unread 07-20-2019, 06:11 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by franticloser View Post
I think this means, like eye candy girls with no mic ability, so you wouldn't use them as color anyway. Can't be eye candy if you can't be seen lol.
Sure I would. I play companies to take those with no mic skills to limited. Limited to decent. Etc, etc. The average bear might not but I start so small and so focused on training that unless you're dead or F- across the board I may give you a shot.
Unread 07-21-2019, 02:01 AM
Minor League

India is going to be interesting, but why not Asia? India, China, South East Asia would have been the three sub-areas of it, and it would have been pretty cool.
Unread 07-21-2019, 02:17 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peria View Post
India is going to be interesting, but why not Asia? India, China, South East Asia would have been the three sub-areas of it, and it would have been pretty cool.
Probably memory and load time issues.
Unread 07-21-2019, 03:13 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn michaels View Post
PENGUIN WRESTLING
Unread 07-21-2019, 01:38 PM
Rookie

I don't know if it's too late but I have some simple suggestions that I'd love to see added.

Make a wrestler's finisher a commentary tag in the angle creation screen. This would allow the commentary to describe a worker's finisher in action angles where appropriate instead of having to have separate angles for multiple finishers (piledrive through a table vs powerbomb through a table).

Also, I enjoy writing extensive commentary for my custom angles. I was hoping the character limit could be expanded.

Thirdly, allow for multiple, chosen at random, commentaries to be written for each angle. It's a purely cosmetic and optional feature that may not be that difficult to include. It would make multiple uses of the same angle feel less repetitive.

These simple features would make reading your segments more immersive when running your shows.
Unread 07-21-2019, 01:44 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeeeHaw83 View Post
I don't know if it's too late but I have some simple suggestions that I'd love to see added.

Make a wrestler's finisher a commentary tag in the angle creation screen. This would allow the commentary to describe a worker's finisher in action angles where appropriate instead of having to have separate angles for multiple finishers (piledrive through a table vs powerbomb through a table).

Also, I enjoy writing extensive commentary for my custom angles. I was hoping the character limit could be expanded.

Thirdly, allow for multiple, chosen at random, commentaries to be written for each angle. It's a purely cosmetic and optional feature that may not be that difficult to include. It would make multiple uses of the same angle feel less repetitive.

These simple features would make reading your segments more immersive when running your shows.
If you want this to considered you need to post in the suggestion forum
Unread 07-21-2019, 01:59 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
If you want this to considered you need to post in the suggestion forum
Thanks, I'll go look for that right now. Wasn't aware there was a seperate thread for it.
Unread 07-21-2019, 02:52 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeeeHaw83 View Post
Thanks, I'll go look for that right now. Wasn't aware there was a seperate thread for it.
It's a little misleading since the subforum is called "TEW 2016 Suggestions", but that doubles as a suggestions forum for TEW 2020, as well. If I was an admin here, I'd actually name the subforum "TEW 2016/2020 Suggestions", but that's just me.
Unread 07-21-2019, 05:57 PM
Rookie

I did have a general question or clarification I was looking for concerning the ager/de-ager tool announced for TEW 2020. The way I read the description it seems that sliding this one way or the other only affects the natural progression/regression of the workers in the database. It doesn't affect their actual age or the date at which the particular mod or database is set to begin. Am I understanding that correctly?

If so, it seems it would be a FANTASTIC tool for providing variant levels of difficulty to any mod. So for instance, if I made a mod but thought the stats were too generous I could rectify this super fast by "de-aging" 3 years from the entire database and except for those workers who have hit their age of skill decline, the database would experience a nerf in total. Yet the game would still begin at the same assigned time and the workers would still be the same actual age. Do I have that correct?
Unread 07-21-2019, 08:40 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeemuFoundation View Post
It's a little misleading since the subforum is called "TEW 2016 Suggestions", but that doubles as a suggestions forum for TEW 2020, as well. If I was an admin here, I'd actually name the subforum "TEW 2016/2020 Suggestions", but that's just me.
Once TEW 2020 is released though, wouldn't new parts of the forum open though for it?
Unread 07-22-2019, 04:05 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidenhoek View Post
PENGUIN WRESTLING
I would pre-order immediately for this.