Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Unread 07-16-2019, 09:11 PM
Rookie

Default Terminal illnesses

There are a few problem with the injury system in the game. It's used for both injuries and illnesses, but there's no way to properly simulate things like cancer that have a high chance of causing death in a short period of time. Would it be at all possible to redesign the system in some way?
Unread 07-16-2019, 09:15 PM
Super Star

Workers can die suddenly. There is no reason ever given unless it’s a Kenny death but you can sort of imply.

I’m not really sure I’m too comfortable with that idea, it seems unnecessary given the current system already accounts for random deaths.

In my most recent game Sean McFly died at 42. I don’t think I need to see that he died after a bout of cancer, it doesn’t need to be that real for me. Just my two cents.
Unread 07-16-2019, 10:03 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCJR4LIFE View Post
Workers can die suddenly. There is no reason ever given unless it’s a Kenny death but you can sort of imply.

I’m not really sure I’m too comfortable with that idea, it seems unnecessary given the current system already accounts for random deaths.

In my most recent game Sean McFly died at 42. I don’t think I need to see that he died after a bout of cancer, it doesn’t need to be that real for me. Just my two cents.
It's a little bit morbid, but I personally think there is a big enough difference to be worth it. There's differences between "will be injured for a year", "will be sick for a year", "is sick and could die", and "random death".
Unread 07-16-2019, 11:01 PM
All Star

I'm of two minds here. On the one hand, terminal illnesses are the kind of hyper-serious issue some players may turn to TEW to forget about for a while. But then, there's also precedent for this. In the Hollywood Mogul series, cancer is one of the default ways that game characters can die off. In that case, it's just a one line reference and not anything that's dwelt upon. Don't know I want a Roman Reigns style situation in my game but I also gotta think it would be a really rare scenario were it to happen
Unread 07-16-2019, 11:21 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappyboy View Post
I'm of two minds here. On the one hand, terminal illnesses are the kind of hyper-serious issue some players may turn to TEW to forget about for a while. But then, there's also precedent for this. In the Hollywood Mogul series, cancer is one of the default ways that game characters can die off. In that case, it's just a one line reference and not anything that's dwelt upon. Don't know I want a Roman Reigns style situation in my game but I also gotta think it would be a really rare scenario were it to happen
This is basically what I mean, in this case the Hollywood Mogul thing is similar to the already existing functionality of a person just dying suddenly at whatever age, usually in their early 40s which is still really young in overall terms.

It just doesn’t tell you what they died from and instead just says they passed, this always struck me as an intentional game design to avoid being too morbid outside of the Kenny Deaths which are more played for laughs. This has real life implications too, obviously “Teen brutally murdered in woods” elicits a much different reaction than “Drunken man dies after slipping on a banana peel” or “Drunken fan falls off escalator at Mets game and dies”

It’s like the empathy in our brains is drown out just by how silly this random persons death was.

But as far as TEW recreating Roman Reigns scenarios, not a fan. Let’s jsut say I took about a 8-9 year break from WWE after the Eddie death(then consequent Eddies dead storyline) and subsequent Benoit murder suicide. I then took a similar 6 month break after Reigns diagnosis.
Unread 07-17-2019, 03:00 AM
GDS Developer

I would not consider adding this to any of my games.
Closed Thread