Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-26-2018, 09:50 AM
Minor League

Am intending on playing around with the 09' Warriors mod when the game is released as the start date is April.
Have booked 3 months with GAMMA which was interesting.

I think my primary C-Verse save will be with my created company, Strikefirst. Mark Cohen is my UC and has formed his own company with strong financial backing as an alternative to GAMMA to prevent them having US Domination.
Won't have any events booked until maybe the end of February/beginning of March and will probably be a series of One-Night Tournaments to crown the Champions of the Divison's. That'll take up a good chunk of the first year. Then, the task will of building a strong foundation to challenge GAMMA and ALPHA-1 will begin. Have populated the game with a good number of fighters at different weights and regions to bring more variety into the scene.

So, it's essentially a lot of prep work for the full release on Monday.
Unread 01-26-2018, 12:58 PM

Finally got someone to agree to come out of retirement. Mark Cohen will reign again!
Unread 01-26-2018, 01:32 PM

I keep starting games with my created company Apex Combat League to check all the database changes Iíve made work right. The idea is that independently wealthy MMA fan Xavier Cross has started his own company and his own network to air it on. Iíve got the company sitting at unknown everything but during my last test run each show saw a nice popularity boost so I think Iíll be able to throw out some exclusive contracts by June of 2002. I did sign about 15 guys to each weight class pre-game so Iíll at least have enough guys to hold a show each month at the start.

Iíve got several human/Saiyan Dragon Ball characters signed right out of the gate as well as some guys I usually create in TEW and every other wrestling game. Still gotta make some of the Street Fighter characters as well as Liu Kang, Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade from Mortal Kombat. Then thereís just the usual creations of me and my friends.

But Iím having a blast play testing this and canít wait to take them all decades into the game.
Unread 01-26-2018, 05:14 PM

Started my save for the full game a few days ago, through the first two months and starting the third. So far nothing really shocking going on (especially compared to my GAMMA test save).

Took over both GAMMA and ALPHA-1, with the game idea being the two agree to leave each other alone and GAMMA focuses on the Americas and Britain while ALPHA-1 has Japan, Asia, Australia, and Russia. With the two splitting Europe (though still debating a future with SIGMA getting involved as the European company). I do allow ALPHA-1 any non-US based fighters with the Savage Stomps and Kicks attribute.

GAMMA
Not many changes here, foot stomps are outlawed but otherwise everything stays the same. Working on eventually disbanding the super heavyweight division but will be awhile. Card wise had GAMMA 50 and 51, sticking with just PPV cards for now.

GAMMA 50 had the rematch of Watson vs Rubenstein, with Rubenstein winning from a 2nd round TKO. Rest of the card played out as expected, Silva beating Kendall, White beating Ballard. Big Magic did pull and upset by TKOing Ricky Heath. Had my first Majority Decision, and a technical submission as well.

GAMMA 51 was another rematch, this one being Regueiro vs Brubaker, with Regueiro winning by an RNC in the 1st. Nothing else exciting, Boyer beat up on Tank, Dreck got a submission win from the bottom, Drew Jenks won by a TKO somehow, Carlos dos Santos was beating up on Franco in the prelims til he broke his hand (still won though).

Outside of that, moved to Mid National now and trying to get a deal with North America Prime Select.

ALPHA-1
Bit more changes over here. Set up a featherweight division and a women's bantamweight division. Also working on a women's featherweight division, only because I hired a few women accidentally that didn't fit in the bantamweight division. Rule wise, thought about switching to cage but decided (for now) to stick with the ring. Changed the round length to match GAMMA, and wavered again on elbow strikes but decided to outlaw them, at least for now.

ALPHA-1: Fezzik vs Sarkisian was the first card, with Fezzik unsurprisingly winning, TKOing Sark in the 1st. Arai beat Oktay in the co-main and the rest was pretty much favorites winning.

ALPHA-1: Fontes vs Endo was next, with Endo winning pretty easily with a first round TKO and calling out da Guia. Funaki TKO'd Xie Ming in the 1st, and Abe beat Akera. The card did end up having a corner stoppage after a broken jaw, followed by the next fight being stopped due to a cut (both on the main card) so yeah, imagine the crowd loved that.

ALPHA-1 also hit Mid National, but a month before GAMMA did. Otherwise not much else to report.

Really tempted to add SIGMA into the mix, as I said earlier, and have the world split with GAMMA's roster being mainly North America and South America, SIGMA having Europe, ALPHA-1 having Japan and Asia. Possibly then giving GAMMA Australia instead of ALPHA-1, Africa can be split between all three, and ALPHA-1 gets the middle eastern fighters.
Unread 01-27-2018, 02:40 AM
Phenom

Ran a tournament in WEFF to choose the #1 contender at bantamweight.

Hester Maclean won after Pamela O'Neil suffered a broken wrist in the semi final

And then, Monica master proceeded to KO Sarah Vaughan to win the title
Unread 01-27-2018, 06:22 AM
Rookie

banner is my fav featherweight , oh also does anyone do a youtube channel for wmma , or would anyone be interested in watching youtube videos like a lets play , as a community putting together fight cards
Unread 01-27-2018, 09:49 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuwyn View Post

Hester Maclean won after Pamela O'Neil suffered a broken wrist in the semi final

Did u get to pick a replacement or what?
Unread 01-27-2018, 10:44 AM
Rookie

Took control of GAMMA, ran a few tournaments. Did an 8 man middleweight & 8 man heavyweight tournament to determine the number 1 contender for the title for each division.

Middleweight competitors were:
Adam White (12-0)
Osmosis Benn (19-2)
Neil Napier (18-2)
Dwayne Alleyne (10-0)
Buddy Garner (16-2)
Tora Mizwar (24-7)
Ashley Ballard (14-1)
Timothy McNally (10-0)

Buddy Garner (Now 19-2) ended up submitting each opponent (Including Neil Napier in the final) so he will face Matthew Dean for the title.

Heavyweight Competitors were:
Antonio Rimando (2-0)
Michael Petkovic (3-0)
Sam Hoynes (8-0)
Harv Dennis (6-0)
Gaby Corrales (3-0)
Sylvester Collins (9-0)
Lars-Gunnar Ekberg (7-0)
Pqulie Albarado (6-1)

Lars-Gunnar Ekberg (Now 10-0) won stopping each opponent including Antonio Rimando in the final.

So i planned to have Ekberg face James Foster for the title however fast forward a few weeks and Foster said Ekberg wasn't high profile enough and refused to fight him! Dudes got 85% popularity in the US and is top 10 ranked. Thought this was a bit annoying.
Unread 01-27-2018, 01:00 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattandbenny View Post
Took control of GAMMA, ran a few tournaments. Did an 8 man middleweight & 8 man heavyweight tournament to determine the number 1 contender for the title for each division.

Middleweight competitors were:
Adam White (12-0)
Osmosis Benn (19-2)
Neil Napier (18-2)
Dwayne Alleyne (10-0)
Buddy Garner (16-2)
Tora Mizwar (24-7)
Ashley Ballard (14-1)
Timothy McNally (10-0)

Buddy Garner (Now 19-2) ended up submitting each opponent (Including Neil Napier in the final) so he will face Matthew Dean for the title.

Heavyweight Competitors were:
Antonio Rimando (2-0)
Michael Petkovic (3-0)
Sam Hoynes (8-0)
Harv Dennis (6-0)
Gaby Corrales (3-0)
Sylvester Collins (9-0)
Lars-Gunnar Ekberg (7-0)
Pqulie Albarado (6-1)

Lars-Gunnar Ekberg (Now 10-0) won stopping each opponent including Antonio Rimando in the final.

So i planned to have Ekberg face James Foster for the title however fast forward a few weeks and Foster said Ekberg wasn't high profile enough and refused to fight him! Dudes got 85% popularity in the US and is top 10 ranked. Thought this was a bit annoying.
Popularity also has 3 levels: regional, national and international. He probably only reached 85% high regional with the tournament and since your company is low national and James Foster is approaching international popularity, he doesn't want to fight such an unknown guy. Also I noticed that you didn't even include any of the top ranked contenders in the heavyweight tournament so maybe that also has an effect on how he's perceived even though he won.
Unread 01-27-2018, 01:37 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe View Post
Finally got someone to agree to come out of retirement. Mark Cohen will reign again!
Yeah I got him too...Playing as Alpha-1...he is going to get murdered....

I was able to get Mac Fuller as well.
Unread 01-27-2018, 02:06 PM
Rookie

Raul Hughes knocked out Spencer Rubenstein with a body shot KO in the first 2 minutes in my game. I actually saw three body shot KOs in my 3 events, so the frequency might need to be adjusted a little.
Unread 01-27-2018, 02:45 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by klnOmega View Post
Playing my DBZ Tournament of Power mod, which is even more fun now that one night tournaments are back.

I've also edited the fight engine to severly gimp grappling. So far across more than a hundred matches I've only seen one submission.

Picture is of a recent tournament. Vegeta upsetting Jiren was pretty cool.

Ever considered sharing that mod?
Unread 01-27-2018, 03:50 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuwyn View Post

Glad to see someone else who plays the Women's side. I have the mod on WMMA4 that gives you only the women fighters and companies.
Unread 01-28-2018, 02:42 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProdigy View Post
Popularity also has 3 levels: regional, national and international. He probably only reached 85% high regional with the tournament and since your company is low national and James Foster is approaching international popularity, he doesn't want to fight such an unknown guy. Also I noticed that you didn't even include any of the top ranked contenders in the heavyweight tournament so maybe that also has an effect on how he's perceived even though he won.

Ahh that probably explains it. Yea i wanted to do a tournament of unbeaten heavyweights, so most guys were ranked between 10-25 for the promotion.
Unread 01-30-2018, 01:42 PM
Phenom

Trying to run a women's mma promotion, and half the women on the card retire after their fights