Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-03-2020, 01:31 AM
Phenom

I'm confused about demographics.

The Canadian requirement is "home grown".

I have a fighter of White Canadian ethnicity, from Toronto. His name value in Canada is equal to my company's name value there, and he is not on a losing streak.

However, he does not show up in the Canadian demographics (though he does appear in the American demographics).

Am I missing something, or is this a bug?
Unread 01-03-2020, 07:52 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donners View Post
The Canadian requirement is "home grown".
Am I missing something, or is this a bug?
Canada seems to be an odd case indeed. I looked at my current game and the "home grown" fighters from Russia, Europe, and Asia show up fine. Canada's fighters do not. Probably a bug then as I have several who would qualify, just like yours.
Unread 01-10-2020, 09:01 AM
All Star

Question for Adam: Are there any plans for an upcoming patch? I feel some of these and other reported issues could be resolved that way. Plus it would be cool for us to get some love for this game. It's been about a year since the last one and some things could still be addressed.
Unread 01-15-2020, 01:31 PM
Phenom

Is there someone who's close to Conner. McGregor in the default data?
Unread 01-16-2020, 12:26 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn michaels View Post
Question for Adam: Are there any plans for an upcoming patch? I feel some of these and other reported issues could be resolved that way. Plus it would be cool for us to get some love for this game. It's been about a year since the last one and some things could still be addressed.
I think because Adam is working on TEW 2020 this is unlikely. Maybe one final patch when that project is finished but then he will be working on patches for that game, so I wouldn't expect it.
Unread 01-16-2020, 12:43 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munit View Post
Is there someone who's close to Conner. McGregor in the default data?
What exactly do you mean?
Unread 01-16-2020, 09:01 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoku1819 View Post
I think because Adam is working on TEW 2020 this is unlikely. Maybe one final patch when that project is finished but then he will be working on patches for that game, so I wouldn't expect it.
I have hopes of a final patch, and since work with TEW seems to be on schedule, according to the journal, I'd love it if it could be released before TEW, to avoid the long wait that might come from it otherwise if we have to wait for TEW's initial patches. Hyped for TEW 2020, but also hoping for a patch that can improve the already great WMMA5 experience.
Unread 01-17-2020, 09:57 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenCycle View Post
What exactly do you mean?
I meant like anyone who reminds you of him in the game. Maybe looks, ability, star power etc.
Unread 01-18-2020, 10:15 PM
Phenom

Has anyone found a way to make the game more challenging for the AI companies?

I'm nine years in with the default data. Not one company has dropped in size, and they all have stacks of money. It makes the game world very static.

I have minor overall financial penalties and aggressive AI hiring turned on to try to make them lose a bit of money, but it's not having an impact.

Last edited by Donners : 01-19-2020 at 03:50 AM.
Unread 01-19-2020, 09:28 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donners View Post
I have minor overall financial penalties and aggressive AI hiring turned on to try to make them lose a bit of money, but it's not having an impact.
I'm sure you could've guessed this, but you might turn the overall penalties to large/big. For Aggro hiring to have an effect you'd have to manually wage talent wars with them and lose all of them.

I've had several companies go bankrupt this way. Lots of them, actually. But honestly, if you want one of them to go, just put them 100 million in the red and they will fold a year after. This isn't TEW. If you want the game to be harder you gotta make some house rules you follow.

As for the C-verse McGregor: maybe Sukarno? But with looks and all? No.
Unread 01-19-2020, 11:09 AM

Default New player quick question

So I picked this up to hold me over until TEW 2020 and have one quick probably stupid question. I created a new person in the database to use as my avatar but when I start game he is not listed under all. How do I make it so I can choose him?
Unread 01-19-2020, 11:14 AM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gildah View Post
So I picked this up to hold me over until TEW 2020 and have one quick probably stupid question. I created a new person in the database to use as my avatar but when I start game he is not listed under all. How do I make it so I can choose him?
If you didn't set them as an avatar then you'd need to change the view in the avatar selection screen to show all characters.

They wouldn't appear at all if they weren't yet active in the game world, which may be the case if you've given them a debut date that is too late.

Failing that, you may have added them to a different database to the one you're currently using, or, you may have failed to put yourself into admin mode correctly either when you were adding the character or now - you need to be in admin mode at all times or you will get database issues with items not being visible to you.
Unread 01-19-2020, 11:31 AM

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland View Post
If you didn't set them as an avatar then you'd need to change the view in the avatar selection screen to show all characters.

They wouldn't appear at all if they weren't yet active in the game world, which may be the case if you've given them a debut date that is too late.

Failing that, you may have added them to a different database to the one you're currently using, or, you may have failed to put yourself into admin mode correctly either when you were adding the character or now - you need to be in admin mode at all times or you will get database issues with items not being visible to you.
Thanks it was the date he entered game causing the problem, have a great one
Unread 01-22-2020, 04:55 AM

Default Invalid Title

I keep getting an invalid title message "fightername couldn't possible make the maximum weight for a UFC Lightweight title fight"

The fighter has been set to the exact upper threshold for the the weight class but it still doesn't allow me to book the title match.
Unread 01-22-2020, 09:52 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by vunsev View Post
I keep getting an invalid title message "fightername couldn't possible make the maximum weight for a UFC Lightweight title fight"

The fighter has been set to the exact upper threshold for the the weight class but it still doesn't allow me to book the title match.
Are you sure you haven't customized the weights or something? For the record: the "minimum weight" is the one that counts. If the fighter's "weight cut" skill is too low, the editor gives you the warning already that they can't make said weight (a warning you can sometimes just ignore). But in-game it will allow the fight, so that can't be the problem.

I find it's best to just use the default weights as the game's ranking system is tailored towards those, and you'll get a big mess when you alter them.