Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-08-2019, 02:04 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poputt View Post

Anyone have ideas for the V4 thread for 2020? There's still months to plan but we might as well start now. I'm thinking it might be a good idea for all of us to have individual dropboxes and databases linked in the OP rather than one big one, so that means we're all expected to update our own thing. It also means if we get a new creator we can simply update the OP to showcase them, which only takes a second. Maybe a moderator or staff member starts it, that way we won't have to worry as much about update inactivity.
I think everyone would really love it if V4 was more organized, even if it takes some more effort it'll be highly appreciated because at the end of the day you want your renders to reach people. I find the "hunt" for renders in this thread quite fun tbh, but I'd rather have them in one big pile
Unread 11-08-2019, 02:34 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy View Post
I think everyone would really love it if V4 was more organized, even if it takes some more effort it'll be highly appreciated because at the end of the day you want your renders to reach people. I find the "hunt" for renders in this thread quite fun tbh, but I'd rather have them in one big pile
Google drive could work well however if you had a folder per worker that would take a lot of time to set up (same for each alt dropbox etc) not sure what the solution is, but agree it would be easier to see all the alts for workers together and find those without any.

Perhaps the answer is just a communal drive/dropbox with each re-render maker having their own folder to keep updated in their own way?
Unread 11-08-2019, 03:59 PM
Minor League

Quote:
That's why I wanted to bring it up early, so we have time to prepare and spread out the time-consuming work of getting everything in decent order. Because all it takes is time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smw88 View Post
Google drive could work well however if you had a folder per worker that would take a lot of time to set up (same for each alt dropbox etc) not sure what the solution is, but agree it would be easier to see all the alts for workers together and find those without any.
I'm not sure if that was what DIG was suggesting, and you can just download the whole thing if you want to search for specific workers.

Quote:
Perhaps the answer is just a communal drive/dropbox with each re-render maker having their own folder to keep updated in their own way?
This is definitely another way we could do it, but I want to 100% remove the responsibility from a single creator. There were times in this thread where people were complaining about the lack of updates to the dropbox in the OP, and while they weren't actually attempting to attack J-Silver personally, that's what they were doing since that's who has the dropbox.

So that's why I suggested having a moderator or something make next game's thread and be tasked only with updating the links. That way if I (for example) don't update my render database then I'll be the one and only person getting flak, which means to avoid that I'll put them in my database at the same time I showcase them in the thread, bada bing bada boom, everything's streamlined.

But a communal one could also work I guess, but I'd also want to see a list of creators in the OP.
Unread 11-10-2019, 06:15 AM
Super Star

once again i shall ask:

jtlant and poputt, do you guys have a folder with all of your renders? poputt's loading screens will apply too!
Unread 11-10-2019, 09:06 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poputt View Post
This is definitely another way we could do it, but I want to 100% remove the responsibility from a single creator. There were times in this thread where people were complaining about the lack of updates to the dropbox in the OP, and while they weren't actually attempting to attack J-Silver personally, that's what they were doing since that's who has the dropbox.

So that's why I suggested having a moderator or something make next game's thread and be tasked only with updating the links. That way if I (for example) don't update my render database then I'll be the one and only person getting flak, which means to avoid that I'll put them in my database at the same time I showcase them in the thread, bada bing bada boom, everything's streamlined.

But a communal one could also work I guess, but I'd also want to see a list of creators in the OP.
I agree that it would be nice to see it out of one creator's hands. I think if the original post is made by a moderator (or even a community member who has been around for a long time and will continue to be around) and that first page is a running list of creators with links to a drop box or a drive or whatever -- so that way people can access just the specific artists they want, but ccan still browse the thread for artists updates. It would allow people to better keep track of their artists if they miss a few posts, and would allow each artist to have their own drop box folder that they update as they want and update the thread.

It is important to me that there is a list of creators so that the proper people are getting credit for their work. I'd also love to see the same thing for belts and logos -- if there is one bigger thread and then the individuals who create are all linked to within there.
Unread 11-10-2019, 10:08 AM
Super Star

If a moderator doesn't want to do it i could do it, i am active here and will probably stay a while longer. And i look into the thread every day.
Unread 11-12-2019, 08:32 PM
Phenom

Quick request here again if anyone reading this may have the the link to the render or could pm me please. I was just looking at INSPIRE and didn't see any title belts for the company. Does anyone have these renders by any chance? Thanks in advanced
Unread 11-13-2019, 11:10 AM
Hall of Fame

It would be very nice to have a coordinated effort for the renders in a centralized area where there is a huge DL where every rerender is named. Cherrypicking every render takes ages.
Unread 11-13-2019, 11:49 AM
Major League

Here's a thought...Starting with 2020, what if the render artists each make their own threads for their own work. This would allow them to catalog their work separately from the rest of the artists. The opening thread could serve an an index or table of contents.

In turn, we could pin an index thread of all the different artists threads.

I think this might be a pretty efficient way and is more in line with how diary writers and mod makers share their work with the community.
Unread 11-13-2019, 02:44 PM
Major League

Quote:
once again i shall ask:

jtlant and poputt, do you guys have a folder with all of your renders? poputt's loading screens will apply too!
I'll set something up.

Unread 11-13-2019, 04:05 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingRider View Post
Here's a thought...Starting with 2020, what if the render artists each make their own threads for their own work. This would allow them to catalog their work separately from the rest of the artists. The opening thread could serve an an index or table of contents.

I think this might be a pretty efficient way and is more in line with how diary writers and mod makers share their work with the community.
I think that's the same as searching a single big thread for each render. It's just searching a lot of smaller threads for each render.

I'd be happy to link to my imgur folder or a dropbox, whichever is easier.
Unread 11-13-2019, 04:25 PM
Minor League

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingRider View Post

Eh... that's going backwards in my opinion. I'm fine with people making their own threads and stuff but I'd assume most of the render creators ITT are like me and like the collective access where the tide is rising all of our ships (or whatever the metaphor is).
Unread 11-13-2019, 04:40 PM
Major League

Unread 11-16-2019, 10:15 PM
Minor League

Been doing this for almost a decade now and I figure it's time for me to do my first rerender of a C-Verse icon. Knock on wood.

"Rough Justice" Tommy Cornell

Unread 11-17-2019, 08:11 AM
Major League

How about using The Curator account and setting up a Curator Gmail account and drive in conjunction with the thread... This could help make sure no one single user needs to keep things up to date. When an artist posts a new image, they can add it to the index via the Curator account and upload it to the open drive.

(For those not aware, the Curator account belongs to no one individual and many people on GDS share the password to allow many people to keep various indexes up to date).

The downside is that it would require artists to login multiple accounts to post...and I'd have to create obstacles for them to share their work.