Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2013 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-18-2016, 06:44 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRTVAndrew View Post
Had to post this because it's a fun subplot in my game. I've been able to successfully bid up WCW on some big names, making them pay WAY too much for Warrior and Lex Luger (more than $50k a month, plus various extras I would never give somebody). Add another name to that list: Gene...Okerlund?

His WCW contract is up, so I sent out a respectable offer and upped it once to $8k a month. I'm not going to pay an announcer more than that; that's just not smart. WCW came back with an offer of $13k a month, plus bonuses. For comparison's sake, that's more than I'm paying several upper-midcard guys. Props to Gene's agent!
I actually had this happen to me too in my last 95 play through. I forked up the money to get him though, cause Gene's awesome.
Unread 04-19-2016, 03:26 AM
Phenom

In my last game before a weekend in the sun then TEW2016, I've had another quick run through of WCW in the 1991 mod. I decided to forgo a year or two of buildup and put the NWA title on Vader on WCW Saturday Night in Week 2 (decisive, clean win over Sting who didn't lose any pop!). I've got until Wednesday night to get his overness to a level befitting a world champion.
Unread 04-19-2016, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Boombatz View Post
I've done a year in my NYCW save and I finished the year with a BLOCKBUSTER!

'Man Mountain' Cahill holds the NYCW Empire Championship, he won it from Roger Cage in May after Honest Frank cost him the title. After defeating 'Bulldozer' Brandon Smith to retain his title at the last show of 2015, Randy Bumfhole made his debut as the two ended the show face-to-face. MMC has been saying there was no one left to defeat him and Bumfhole was a big addition. Now the two will fight over the main strap.

Honest Frank took Monty Trescarde under his tutelage and they have become The Affluent Society. They first cost Cage his title and after seeing his old buddy being targeted, Sammy The Shark came to Cage's aid and Shark Cage was back as a regular team. After a few months of back and forth, Shark Cage challenged The Affluent Society for the NYCW Tag Team Championship after Frank & Monty defeated The Ring Generals. Shark Cage would lose at the last show of 2015 when Cage inadvertently hit his partner and Sammy was not too happy after the match.

The next big storyline is the ascension of Briggs (aka The Silencer). Dominant since his debut, he claimed he wanted to retire all of the "old yellers." He successfully retired Whistler in September and now has set his sights on Steve Flash.

The tag team division has grown a ton in a year. Right now Shark Cage and The Affluent Society are battling over the gold but The Ring Generals (Waldorf/Statler) are the best full-time tag team. The division also boasts The Connection (McManus/Jenkins), Tracksuit Mafia (Wright/Nelson) and a couple more teams looking to get to the top.

In the midcard, Ricky Turner held the NYCW Regional Championship until the last show of 2015 when KC Glenn beat him in an amazing match.

I have parted ways with some of the older names like Whistler, Rick Sanders/Masked Mauler and will eventually do the same with Black Hat Bailey.

I'm also trying to get my user character over. I've risen to a 14 in popularity in the home region, but I'm stuck in the lower midcard so I tagged myself up in hopes to move up the card.
---

Well times have changed for NYCW. Just about to hit the Summer of 2016 and Randy Bumfhole has already been scooped up by CGC. Luckily, I was extending the reign of 'Man Mountain' Cahill as top champ for a couple more months before I was going to give Randy the strap.

The other big loss to CGC...Roger Cage. I just could not win the bidding war with them as Cage was not even taking a $2,500/PPA seriously (The most anyone makes on active roster is a shade under $2k)

Luckily, I was able to speed up my main storyline and have Sammy The Shark, who turned heel on Cage shortly after their loss, get help from Honest Frank and Monty Trescarde [Affluent Society] to beat Cage on his last night in NYCW. Really helped to get Sammy over as he was stuck around 20 and went to 29.

Frank then gave Sammy his tag title (Frank & Monty are the champs) and Sammy and Monty defeated The Connection at the last show to retain.

I also added a bit of talent, most from alliance MAW as Dynamite Express and Aces of Mayhem have come in to join the two teams mentioned above and The Ring Generals and Tracksuit Mafia. It's a nice looking division.

For the main event picture, 'Man Mountain' is looking for his next challenger. Briggs and Steve Flash, who are still feuded threw their name into the hat along with 'Bulldozer' Brandon Smith. Another man has also made his intentions clear as 'Black Hat' Bailey announced his retirement in 3 months and is looking to go out on top.

In the midcard, KC Glenn continues to impress and hold the Regional title. I have him being pushed as an Upper Midcarder and he's about to break into the Main Event scene (34 Pop). He also had an excellent champion vs champion match vs 'Man Mountain' a couple shows back.

So it's running pretty well despite losing 2 top guys.
Unread 04-20-2016, 02:49 PM
Minor League

Pat Patterson just broke up with the Brooklyn Brawler in my game...apparently they were a thing backstage...

Unread 04-20-2016, 06:52 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRTVAndrew View Post
Had to post this because it's a fun subplot in my game. I've been able to successfully bid up WCW on some big names, making them pay WAY too much for Warrior and Lex Luger (more than $50k a month, plus various extras I would never give somebody). Add another name to that list: Gene...Okerlund?

His WCW contract is up, so I sent out a respectable offer and upped it once to $8k a month. I'm not going to pay an announcer more than that; that's just not smart. WCW came back with an offer of $13k a month, plus bonuses. For comparison's sake, that's more than I'm paying several upper-midcard guys. Props to Gene's agent!
Don't underestimate the value of a great announcer. They're likely to be more involved in the overall product than any single wrestler. JR dying in my 96' game put me completely on tilt.
Unread 04-21-2016, 02:24 PM
Major League

EH
Unread 04-21-2016, 04:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger!Liger! View Post

EH
Something was definitely in that lockbox.
Unread 04-21-2016, 09:59 PM
Minor League

My 2004 Game I was running...

Wrestlemania XX
Live from Madison Square Garden

John Cena d. The Big Show to win the United States Championship

Chris Jericho & Trish Stratus d. Christian & Molly Holly w/Travis Bane

Nunzio, Johnny Stamboli & Chuck Palumbo d. Chavo Guerrero & The APA

Kurt Angle d. Goldberg

Randy Orton d. Mick Foley in a Hardcore Match to retain the Intercontinental Title

Booker T & Rob Van Dam d. Ric Flair & Batista, The Dudley Boyz & Lance Storm & Val Venis to retain the World Tag Team Championship

Eddie Guerrero d. Brock Lesnar to retain the WWE Championship

The World's Greatest Tag Team d. Scotty 2 Hotty & Rikishi to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship

The Undertaker d. Kane

Shawn Michaels d. The Rock

Chris Benoit d. Triple H to win the World Heavyweight Championship
Unread 04-22-2016, 04:37 AM
Phenom

I've been saying goodbye to my ultimately doomed British ROF RTG game. My UC is one of the best wrestlers in the world but I have still failed to have an A* match and I am stuck at high National. Still, it is good fun to book.

I have spent a decade building up the tag division and I have enough experienced teams or teams with excellent chemistry to run a 16 team knockout tournament over two months.

The tournament will be built around the current champions Merle O'Curle and Igor Ivanoff v Ivan Ivanoff and Beast Bantom. I have a long running story with Igor having great success as Merle as his partner and Ivan's resentment about this. I'm trying to decide whether to have this match as the final or have it as a semi and give another tag team the rub leading to Merle v Ivan at the season finale.

The other story line is Wade Orson trying to win the ROF World Title and step out of the shadow of my UC, which he never will.
Unread 04-22-2016, 05:11 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWWROCKS View Post
Am just a few weeks away from Wrestlemania 1997. I'm pretty happy with the card I've got so far;

Shawn Michaels (c) vs. Steve Austin - WWF Title

Austin won the rumble and has been making Michaels life hell ever since. HBK has been getting frustrated that his "good guy" approach is only resulting in ass kickings. He won a 4 corners match at February's In Your House to confirm his status as champion and Wrestlemania main eventer only for Austin to jump him after the match and beat him to a bloody pulp. The plan is for a double turn at Wrestlemania with HBK retaining.

Undertaker vs. Mankind -

Undertaker has undertaken (that sounds good!) a 3 stages of hell challenge from his former mentor Paul Bearer. The stipulation was that at each PPV he would face one member of Bearer's army. If he lost to The Executioner at the Royal Rumble, he would be banned from entering the Rumble event. He won, but the army screwed him out of winning the rumble later that evening. If he lost to Vader at In Your House, he would never be allowed to wrestle at Wrestlemania again. He won this also. The finale is him and Mankind. If Undertaker loses, Paul Bearer will forever own his soul. If he wins however, he gets Paul Bearer 1 on 1 in a Hell in a Cell match. Undertaker will win.

Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart vs. Owen Hart & British Bulldogg

When the family feud reignited, Bret Hart turned to his old tag team partner and fellow family member Jim Neidhart. Owen + Bulldogg had challenged Bret and a partner of his choice to a tag team match with their titles on the line. Bret revealed The Anvil as his partner and won the tag titles on an episode of RAW. Owen + The Anvil's fighting on the outside of the ring, caused both the Bulldogg and Bret their chance at WWF Title glory in the 4 corners match at In Your House. Caught up in this feud is long time family friend Brian Pillman. Both sides are vying for his alliance and he is torn on where to side. His unintended distractions have cost both sides matches. He has been given the power to shift the balance at Wrestlemania. Brian Pillman will make a choice and join one of the teams to make it a handicap match. I'm yet to decide which team it will be, but whoever he choses will win.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley (c) vs. Ahmed Johnson vs. Buff Bagwell

HHH and Ahmed Johnson have been involved in a class war since January. HHH looks down on Ahmed, his background, the way he speaks, everything. Ahmed doesn't care, he just wants the Intercontinental Title and to shut HHH up. A debuting Buff Bagwell, desperate for attention, decided to interject himself into the feud. Buff doesn't care for eithers personal issues with each other, he just wants the focus to be on him. The 3 battle for the IC Title, where I expect I'll hand Buff the title (as I had to pay him a fair amount to steal from WCW)

The Headbangers (c) vs. ??? - WWF Tag Titles

Farooq vs. Crush vs. Savio Vega - For the rights to the Nation of Domination stable

Bull Nakano (c) vs. Luna Vachon - WWF Womens Title

A Battle Royal

Other news from around the game, Ric Flair's contract was up. I tried to sign him but couldn't match what WCW gave him. It was around $74,000, 5 years, creative control, and it's a PPV only deal. No way I was giving PPV only to a man of his age, for that much, and that many years!
Ran this card last night, and I think that's where I will retire TEW 2013. No better place than Wrestlemania.

I had Steven Regal win the Battle Royal to moderate success. A late addition to the main card (was initially planned for dark match) was the conclusion of Billy Gunn vs. Bart Gunn which Billy took. Bull Nakano vs. Luna Vachon got my highest rating for a Women's match in the game so far at 34.

Farooq won the rights to the nation, but doesn't seem to be getting any pop boosts so I fear he's run his course. If I were to continue the game, I'd almost certainly follow history and have Rocky join to eventually become the leader.

Headbangers faced off against Legion of Doom. LOD won it to take the titles.

The IC Title was a big disappointment only pulling in a 64 rating. Bagwell took the title to a small pop boost, while HHH's popularity has declined badly since the start of the game despite going over most of the time up until Wrestlemania.

I had Brian Pillman side with Bret + Jim for the win. I think this would have set up a feud between Owen + Pillman with the rest a bit removed and Bret in particular moving on to bigger things.

Undertaker as planned got the win. I made it a casket match as I wanted one gimmick match on the show. It's sad I won't get to see the results of the Taker/Bearer HIAC match. This got my highest match rating of this game with an 87, until...

Shawn and Austin tore the roof down. A 24 minute match in which Shawn won clean. I changed my mind on the double turn and only turned Austin who offered his hand in a show of sportsmanship after the match. I decided Shawn would be better off turning down the line to set up a match against Bret. This got a 92 rating.

Overall the show got a 90 rating which I'm super happy with. It aired the same night as WCW Souled Out which got an 85 despite a 93 rated main event between Hogan and Flair (Stevie Ray going over Nash in the 2nd to last match didn't go over so well...Ray was being pushed heavily this game, even getting a win over Hogan on Nitro!) Our buyrate also beat theirs comfortably as you'd expect for Wrestlemania.

Thank you TEW 2013, it's been a pleasure!
Unread 05-03-2016, 11:50 PM

Started a Road To Glory game (ruthless agression mod) with a company based in the TriState. 6 Months in and WWE declared me a hostile. Wonderful.
Unread 05-08-2016, 02:55 PM
Minor League

I've pushed Brandon Gatson to the moon in my game currently. He is going with the undefeated gimmick, even won my company's International Championship as well as the World Championship(from AJ Styles) at our biggest event of the year: Revolutionary War. The night after he has claimed that the fans better get used to it, because he is going to be the champ for a very...very long time, even went so far as to rename the World Championship as the Gaton's World Championship...it's Gatson's World, everyone is just living in it, a quote that he's been accustomed to reminding us in the company from time to time.
Joe Doering won a match to grant him the next challenger in line for Gaton's World Championship

Due to not having much to do as singles workers aside from being filler, Curtis Axel and Dalton Castle have formed the tag team Castle Axel, a weird gimmick team that plays on the "weird guy with the straight-serious guy" it just formed, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns up in the tag division.

Speaking of teams, I have quite a few 3-man groups that are running amuck. Sonjay Dutt, Ariya and DelAvar Daivari, Teddy Hart, David Hart Smith and Jack Evans(would have a fourth member but Tyson Kidd is out injured) to form a Hart stable, and have Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin and Johnny Gargano as The Commodities.

I have the self-proclaimed Kanye West of wrestling(as he calls himself in my game at least), Slyck Wagner Brown forming an alliance with Cedric Alexander, it is that of a "take him under my wing" partnership we've seen from time to time.

and to sort of tie in with the recent real world stuff, we have scooped up Ryback and Wade Barrett.
Unread 05-13-2016, 02:20 PM
Low Minors

I created a custom wrestling federation in New Steel Wrestling. Where a perf=pop fed and my first signings were Greg Black, Steve Flash, Grandmaster Phunk, Thomas Morgan, Philippe LaGrenier, and Sayeed Ali. These men are key in my promotion with all of them being my go to guys in my cult promotion. On the back of Sayeed Ali's menace I have overkilled angles in order to get he and Greg in the 90's pop respectively with the two feuding over the NSW World Heavyweight Championship. Grandmaster Phunk and Philippe LaGrenier are locked in a feud over the NSW Canadian Championship which Phunk holds. Both of those men are at 80 pop respectively with Flash and Morgan around the same level and also feuding for the number one contendership for the world title.

We are on a weekly PPV schedule as TV wouldn't be profitable right now and it has allowed me to grow my workers pop at an alarming rate which is good for me. Anyhow, with these men carry the upper reaches of the card and at great pop levels I can focus on the rest of my roster and most importantly my women's division. Right now my two best women are Tamara McFly and Emma Bitch who both are between 65 and 70 pop and of course feuding. The other women are simply piggy backing their feud in hopes of some of their pop rubbing off on the rest of the women. I have a few teams in Death Row and Samoan Wildboys who are in a feud with the McWades. Everything is in play to build up my midcard. As of now my next ppv card is.....

NSW EPIC

NSW Tag Team Championship Match
Samoan Wildboys vs Death Row vs The McWade Brothers

15-Man Inter-gender Battle Royal

NSW Women's Championship Match(Last Woman Standing)
Emma Bitch(65) vs Tamara McFly(70(c)

Submission Match
Thomas Morgan(80) vs Steve Flash(88)

NSW Canadian Championship Match(ladder Match)
Philippe LeGrenier(80) vs Grandmaster Phunk(80(c)

NSW World Heavyweight Championship Match(Cage Match)
Sayeed Ali(95) vs Greg Black(92(c)
Unread 05-16-2016, 03:50 AM
Rookie

Wrong thread, sorry.
Unread 05-16-2016, 10:43 AM
Super Star

March 87 - May 93 (slowly converting data to TEW16)

WWF Television Title Scene - After Steve Austin defeated Dusty Rhodes (who left the promotion to join Total Championship Wrestling) Austin has been defending the belt on every show. Right now he has been fighting with Bryan Clark, Chris Candido, and Steve Blackman. Terry Funk has made his intentions known for wanting the belt and Austin will end up locking up with him soon. 123 Kid is also a new arrival to the TV division along with Hunter Hearst Helmsley who finally snapped his 0-18 losing streak.

WWF Tag Team - The champion Steiner Brothers are facing any new comers to the division (and there are plenty). After the Road Warriors and Brain Busters defected to WCW And NJPW respectively new teams have formed. Some of the new teams are the returning Chris Jericho and Ricky Steamboat as TnT. The Fabulous Free Birds have reformed and are the main competition along with Stoned Heat (Eddie Guerrero and Rob Van Dam). Other tag teams are Singh Brothers (Akam and Gama Singh), Southern Money (Rich Money and Ricky Dale Johnson), Thunder and Lightning (Taz and Jerry Lynn) and the newest addition to the WWF roster The Smoking Gunns (Bart and Billy Gunn)

WWF Ic - Razor Ramon who defended his title successfully in the first ever ladder match against Shawn Michaels is allowing any challenger to take a shot. Ted Dibiase attempted to take the belt but lost, and now Wrath is attempting to win the belt. In the wings waiting for another shot is Shawn Michaels, who is feuding with Jake the snake Roberts.

WWF World Heavyweight - Bret Hart is engaged in a family feud with Hot Rod Rowdy Roddy Piper, Owen Hart, and The British Bulldog. It is an all out family affair for the belt.

Other storylines

Undertaker and Diesel are clashing for the first time ever.

Curt Hennig and Christian Faith are clashing for the first time ever as well.

Vader has debuted under the guidance of Jim Cornette and his intentions are to destroy everyone on his path to the WWF Title. His first victim was Sid Vicious and Vader announced plans to enter the King of the Ring tournament for a shot at the championship at Summer Slam.

Hulk Hogan - WCW
Jeff Jarrett - WCW (currently in a bidding war)
Randy Savage - TCW
Ric Flair -TCW
Dusty Rhodes - TCW
Bruiser Brody - WCW
Lex Luger - NJPW
Arn Anderson - NJPW
Tully Blanchard - NJPW

If anyone wants to know how someone is doing let me know.