Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-11-2019, 06:40 PM
Living Legend

Default Scratch Wrestling Federation: Wrestling With Attitude! [July 2020-]

This diary follows on from: ROH: A Whole World of Wrestling...

SCRATCH WRESTLING FEDERATION - July 2020
Following his departure from the company just ten days ago, the former head booker of the ROH (July 2019-June 2020) has today stated his intention to promote his own events, under the banner of the "Scratch Wrestling Federation". The announcement was made on his personal social media pages, and despite having little online presence or following, the news has picked up some steam due to the proximity to, and mystery surrounding, his departure from Ring of Honor.

Seemingly a stark change in direction for him, the company will be promoted with the tagline "Wrestling With Attitude", and appears to stylistically take influence from late 90s WWF. A series of events named the "Wrestling With Attitude Tour" will begin later this month, with no news on how the promotion will distribute it's content, if at all. Having received largely positive reactions to his time at the helm of Ring of Honor, there will be some interest in the man behind SWF's new venture, but it is unlikely the company will make huge waves from the get-go.
Unread 12-12-2019, 02:32 AM
All Star

Interesting direction to take within the continuity of the database, I guess. I'm surprised you have enough points to launch a new company.

Not sure if SWF is original enough to avoid a legal letter from Jerry McDevitt, though I'm interested to see what direction this'll take.
Unread 12-12-2019, 03:15 AM
Minor League

Will keep my eye out for updates on this
Unread 12-14-2019, 02:40 PM
Living Legend

Default SWF Wrestling With Attitude Tour: Night #1 Preview!

SCRATCH WRESTLING FEDERATION

Wrestling With Attitude Tour: Night #1 - Hammerstein Ballroom - Manhattan, New York City - Friday, Week 4 July, 2020

KEN SHAMROCK vs. RYBACK REEVES

ENOUGH ATTITUDE vs. THE DUDLEY BROTHERS
MATTEUS WILDE’S FIFTEEN MINUTES OF FAME

MATTEUS WILDE vs. JESSE GODDERZ

MARIA MANIC OPEN CHALLENGE

BULL JAMES & RD EVANS vs. NZO & CASS

D’LO BROWN vs. FREDERICK DOUGLAS

ALSO SCHEDULED TO APPEAR:

SWF Wrestling With Attitude Tour - Night #1
Ken Shamrock vs. Ryback Reeves
Enough Attitude (Al Snow & Bob Holly) vs. The Dudley Brother (Terrence & Terrell)
Matteus Wilde (fka Tyler Breeze) vs. Jesse Godderz [15 minute time limit]
Maria Manic vs. ???
Bull James & RD Evans vs. nZo & Cass
D’Lo Brown vs. Frederick Douglas (fka Darren Young)
Unread 12-14-2019, 02:53 PM
All Star

Woah, some of these names are wild. How come you didn't pick 'em up for ROH? I would have paid to see Shad Gaspard vs. Shane Taylor in ROH!*

*Not even joking, Shad's one of my boys if we're going by OSW style.
Unread 12-14-2019, 11:07 PM
Rookie

I really like this mixture of legends, current and future stars and same idea of bring attitude era to life.

What database are you using?
Unread 12-16-2019, 03:21 AM
Minor League

Enough Attitude (Al Snow & Bob Holly) vs. The Dudley Brother (Terrence & Terrell)
Matteus Wilde (fka Tyler Breeze) vs. Jesse Godderz [15 minute time limit]
Maria Manic vs. ???
Bull James & RD Evans vs. nZo & Cass
D’Lo Brown vs. Frederick Douglas (fka Darren Young)
Unread 12-17-2019, 06:55 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashasheen View Post
Interesting direction to take within the continuity of the database, I guess. I'm surprised you have enough points to launch a new company.

Not sure if SWF is original enough to avoid a legal letter from Jerry McDevitt, though I'm interested to see what direction this'll take.
Yeah, I started low or very low, but over the year I managed to get to average or high, whichever is the lowest needed to start a company. Didn't think I'd be able to either, but my run with ROH must have enhanced my reputation enough.

As for the trademarks, it is something that had crossed my mind, I just hope we can keep under the radar enough that we will go unnoticed . That said, if we have to distribute the footage with the SWF logo blurred out, that will only play into the nostaglia for that era

I also have a potential rebranding that I might do at a certain point into the company's run, but it depends how it goes. At the moment, I'm planning 4 shows on the "Wrestling With Attitude Tour", then 12 episodes of a weekly 1 hour show. Once that's done, I will take stock of whether I think I can do a long term company in that style. If not, I have a storyline/idea that will take the company in a very different direction. But that's getting ahead of myself, since I've only booked the one show so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshbrady91 View Post
Will keep my eye out for updates on this
Glad to hear it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashasheen View Post
Woah, some of these names are wild. How come you didn't pick 'em up for ROH? I would have paid to see Shad Gaspard vs. Shane Taylor in ROH!*

*Not even joking, Shad's one of my boys if we're going by OSW style.
I did think about it, but it would have meant a vastly different direction from where I'd be going over the last year, and I decided it would be easier to start from scratch. I wanted to do something completely different from my ROH booking, and this is about as far from it as you can possibly get.

Shane Taylor has left ROH however, after I didn't resign him at the end of 2019, so the idea of that match happening in the SWF isn't out of the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi95 View Post
I really like this mixture of legends, current and future stars and same idea of bring attitude era to life.

What database are you using?
Thanks, I do like the roster I've put together, lots of people I haven't booked much before, so that's good. It's the 2019 July RWC database, where I've played year 1 as ROH. Here's a link to the thread, where it should be available to download: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...d.php?t=533463
Unread 12-18-2019, 06:15 PM
Living Legend

Default Scratch Wrestling Federation - Wrestle With Attitude Tour (Night #1)

[Pre-Show] Fred Yehi bt. Mike Mondo

Wrestling With Attitude Tour: Night #1 - Hammerstein Ballroom (710 in Attendance) - Manhattan, New York City - Friday, Week 4 July, 2020

Chael Sonnen & Prince Nana welcome viewers to the stream to begin the Scratch Wrestling Federation’s first ever event, promoting the Main Event for the night, Ken Shamrock vs. Ryback Reeves. Chael talks about the MMA background of the “World’s Most Dangerous Man”, while Prince Nana calls Ryback a “Superstar” who wouldn’t have been out of place during any era in the history of the business!
Opening the show, nZo & Cass XL make their way down to the ring, with nZo cutting a promo designed to hype up the Scratch Wrestling Federation audience.
nZo “shoots” on the state of the wrestling business, putting himself and Cass XL over at the expense of whoever he wishes to take shots at. The idea for the promo is to put over nZo as edgy, and somebody will say whatever is on his mind. While it is a face promo, nZo is encouraged to use non-PG language, looking to get as big as reaction as possible before he is interrupted by Tyrus.
Tyrus is disgusted by the language used by nZo, and tells him that the things he’s saying aren’t acceptable in 2020. In fact, he is shocked that the Scratch Wrestling Federation would hire two men with the shady histories of nZo and Cass XL. Tyrus thought they’d have been cancelled a long time ago.

nZo takes some shots at Tyrus’ past gimmick as “Funkasaurus”, and says that if anybody would want to bury their past… it’s him.

Tyrus isn’t happy with this, and tells nZo that he is going to ensure that by the end of the night, Scratch Wrestling Federation have put out a statement apologising for signing nZo & Cass, and fired both of them. This results in Cass squaring up to Tyrus, asking him for a fight there and then. Tyrus backs down, saying that he’s got two friends who he handpicked to face them later in the night, and he knows they’ll get the job done. He puts over the moral integrity of Bull James & RD Evans, revealing them as the first members of his “Nation of Cancellation”!
Quote:
Match #1

Enough Attitude vs. The Dudley Brothers
The first match aired in SWF history is a clash of generations between Al Snow & Bob Holly and Terrence & Terrell Dudley. Picking up a decisive win, in just under 8 minutes, the veterans of the Attitude Era were victorious, Holly hitting Terrell with an Alabama Slam.

Winners: Enough Attitude (Al Snow & Bob Holly)

After the match, and having their arms raised, Al Snow & Bob Holly call The Dudley Brothers back into the ring, to give their “verdict” on their performance.
Al Snow initially begins with some advice for the rookie competitors, but things turn sour when Bob Holly takes over. Holly is much harsher to the two youngsters, asking what their father would think of their performance. Terrence & Terrell are overawed in the presence of the two legendary figures, and keep their heads down.

Bob Holly demands they look him in the eyes, as he gets into the face of the brother who was pinned, slapping him before leaving the ring. Al Snow follows slightly behind, but not before shrugging and telling T&T “it’s a tough business, boys”.
After the commentators discuss the opening match of the night, Matteus Wilde (formerly the WWE’s Tyler Breeze) made his entrance, ahead of “Matteus Wilde’s 15 Minutes of Fame”.
His demeanor had reverted back to his NXT gimmick, as he used a selfie stick during his entrance and recorded himself. Introducing the concept of “15 Minutes of Fame”, Wilde said that sharing a ring with him was more than enough to make anybody a star, but their task was to last 15 minutes with him. If they did that, they would complete the challenge and he’d accept them as the victor. Of course, that wasn’t going to happen, as he introduced the first man to take the challenge… “Hollywood” Jessie Godderz.
Quote:
Match #2 - Matteus Wilde’s 15 Minutes of Fame

Matteus Wilde vs. Jessie Godderz
Jessie Godderz gave a good showing of himself against the technically gifted Matteus Wilde, but was unable to last the full 15 minutes, with the match going just under 10. While Jessie had the power advantage throughout, he was unable to kick out of the Unprettier.

Winner: Matteus Wilde

nZo & Cass XL cut another promo, as they made their second entrance of the night, running down the two men in the ring, their opponents for the night, Bull James & RD Evans. nZo called RD Evans a poindexter, and suggested that he tell somebody about Bull stealing his lunch money. This riled up Bull James, while RD Evans was visibly upset.
Quote:
Match #3

Nation of Cancellation vs. nZo & Cass XL
Matching up with the competitors closest to their size, much of the match saw nZo go after RD Evans and Bull James brawling with Cass. Eventually, the Nation of Cancellation took control, with Bull James using his weight advantage against the diminutive nZo. After a short spell of dominance, Cass of course got the hot tag, with RD Evans ending up taking the fall, nZo pinning him in just over 8 minutes.

Winners: nZo & Cass XL

Looking delighted with their win over Tyrus’ associates (the commentators explain his absence as being due to him currently attempting to call the man in charge of SWF to get nZo & Cass fired), the victors look set to take to the stick for the third time in the night.
However, before nZo can get beyond his usual catchphrases, the duo are attacked from behind by two hooded men, who jump the guardrail and lay them out.
Introduced on commentary as “Just Jay” and “Big Shad”, Crime Time brutally assault nZo & Cass, throwing the big man to the outside. Big Shad then hits a huge Powerbomb to nZo in the middle of the ring, before the two men stand tall to end the first hour of the show!
SCRATCH WRESTLING FEDERATION - WRESTLING WITH ATTITUDE TOUR - NIGHT #1 FROM THE HAMMERSTEIN BALLROOM

Coming out for the second hour of the show, the commentators are surprised to see Mandy Leon & Velvet Sky come to the ring (despite them being advertised in advance). Mandy & Velvet each take a microphone from ringside, before addressing the crowd.
Not beginning as particularly popular figures, Velvet & Mandy do nothing to endear themselves to the audience, insulting them from the moment they begin to speak. They also claim to be “the faces of Women’s Wrestling”, saying that it’s just as well, given some of the “ugly bitches” they let in the ring these days.

The fans and their colleagues aren’t what they’re out to address however, as they turn their attention to the “fat prick” who is running the Scratch Wrestling Federation. Velvet Sky takes the time to “shoot”, saying that he is the man who pushed them out of the door at Ring of Honor… but when he set up his own company, they were the first people he called. Velvet says that she and Mandy are going to bleed the SWF for every penny they can get out of them. Mandy adds that when “The Bookerman” has ran out of money, they’ll go back to their partners and their amazing lives… and he can stick to watching them on the internet, in the dark in his bedroom!

Velvet & Mandy then go to leave the ring, only for Maria Manic to stop them in their tracks.
Manic doesn’t have to say anything, as she reaches the ring, the two women hightail it. Maria Manic issued an open challenge for the first SWF event… and she’s ready for however has accepted!
Quote:
Match #4

Duane Gill vs. Maria Manic
Maria Manic picks up a dominant victory over the man commonly known as “Gilberg”. Duane appears to enjoy being manhandled early on in the match, but certainly isn’t by the end. Manic destroys Gill in just a few minutes, pinning him after a Chokeslam.

Winner: Maria Manic

Maria Manic stands tall in the ring after the match, as a man emerges from the back.
Chael Sonnen asks “is that Eugene?”, but surely it can’t be. This man looks studious and intelligent, as he takes notes on the performance. While the man does look like Eugene, those aren’t words anybody would use to describe the nephew of Eric Bischoff…
Before the next match, Shelly Martinez and Rob Terry are interviewed on the ramp, with Shelly talking about her new lifestyle.
Shelly says that there have been times in her life when she has felt down and out, but she never gave up. She believes that anybody is capable of anything, just so long as they keep believing in themselves. Martinez says that she now runs her own business, and has her clients looking and feeling better than ever. What’s more, she can share the wealth with everybody. Rob Terry stands still throughout the interview, with nobody sure why he’s there. Before any answers to that question are received, the interview is cut off as two more men emerge from the crowd.
Cody Hall take a microphone from the interviewer, asking “so this is where the big boys play?” They introduce themselves to the SWF audience, with Austin Gunn calling them “The New Age Outsiders”. And if the fans ain’t down with that… they will be soon enough!
Quote:
Match #5

D’Lo Brown vs. Frederick Douglas
Given how D’Lo Brown was moving on his way to the ring, it was probably for the best that this one didn’t last very long at all. After a couple of lock ups, and a little bit of stalling, the two men were attacked, as Kenny King & Shane Taylor made their Scratch debuts.
Dropping Frederick Douglas first, the referee had no choice but to declare him the winner by DQ, but Kenny King & Shane Taylor were not done there...

Winner: Frederick Douglas (DQ)

Continuing to beat the hell out of D’Lo and Douglas after the match, Kenny King & Shane Taylor were sending some kind of message to the SWF roster. What that message was remained unclear, and they made no effort to give any answers before heading back up the ramp.
Before going into the Main Event, Chael Sonnen and Prince Nana both once again put over the two competitors involved, as well as reflecting on the events of the first SWF show. They promoted Scratch Wrestling Federation’s second show the following week, as the “Wrestling With Attitude Tour” heads to Las Vegas, Nevada!
Quote:
The Main Event

Barely resembling a wrestling match after the first few minutes, the Main Event quickly turned into an all out fight between the two competitors involved. Clearly developing a personal animosity towards each other at some point, victory seemed secondary to both Ken Shamrock and Ryback Reeves. What appeared more important, was hurting their opponent, and this resulted in them brawling around the Hammerstein Ballroom. The referee tried to be lentiant, but knew he’d lost complete control of the match. Not a good sign on his first night as SWF’s head referee, but Jimmy Korderas was left with no choice but to call for the bell!

Result: Double Countout

The bell may have rung, but the fight was far from over. Shamrock and Ryback continued to fight at ringside, brawling towards the entrance way, where Tyrus once again decided to stick his nose into other people’s business. This quickly drew out nZo & Cass, who themselves had issues with Tyrus earlier. Shortly after that, Shad & Jay once again jumped nZo & Cass, creating an even more chaotic scene at ringside.
The carnage was only just starting there, and by the end almost everybody who had featured during the night was somehow involved.
With the action showing no sign of stopping, Chael Sonnen and Prince Nana signed off on the first ever show in the Scratch Wrestling Federation’s history, promising things were only just beginning… and there would be more “raw action” in Las Vegas, Nevada, for Night #2 of the Wrestling With Attitude Tour!
Unread 12-19-2019, 12:27 AM
Major League

Wow, what a wild left turn from ROH! Looking forward to seeing how this plays out!
Unread 12-21-2019, 09:51 PM
Living Legend

Default SWF Wrestling With Attitude Tour: Night #2 Preview!

Wrestling With Attitude Tour: Night #2 - Las Vegas, Nevada - Friday, Week 1 August, 2020
THE REMATCH - SIN CITY STREET FIGHT

KEN SHAMROCK vs. RYBACK REEVES

CRIME TIME vs. NZO & CASS

MANDY LEON vs. MARIA MANIC

BOB HOLLY vs. TERRELL DUDLEY
MATTEUS WILDE’S FIFTEEN MINUTES OF FAME

FRED YEHI vs. MATTEUS WILDE

D'LO BROWN & FREDERICK DOUGLAS vs. KENNY KING & SHANE TAYLOR

SWF Wrestling With Attitude Tour - Night #2
Ken Shamrock vs. Ryback Reeves [Sin City Street Fight]
Crime Time vs. nZo & Cass
Mandy Leon (w/ Velvet Sky) vs. Maria Manic
Bob Holly (w/ Al Snow) vs. Terrell Dudley (w/ Terrence Dudley)
Fred Yehi vs. Matteus Wilde (fka Tyler Breeze)
D’Lo Brown & Frederick Douglas (fka Darren Young) vs. Kenny King & Shane Taylor
Unread 12-21-2019, 09:54 PM
Phenom

Unread 12-21-2019, 10:11 PM
Minor League

Unread 12-21-2019, 10:26 PM
All Star

Loved that first show - a big fan of trying to redeem some lost talent

Unread 12-21-2019, 11:14 PM
Low Minors

Fun first show, lots of dad bods

Draw
Nzo and Cass
Maria Manic
Holly
Wilde
King and Taylor