Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-25-2019, 04:10 AM
All Star

Unread 10-25-2019, 02:11 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucianCarter View Post
pics
[/center]
Wait...what? In what universe does Erin Toughill ever earn 7 million $? Unless you somehow gave her millions as a bonus, you are an absolute legend at this game. I can see most of the other names make that much in certain mods. And Baszler must've won the destiny lottery, it seems.

What mod is this? I know women's stats are completely neglected in almost all the mods but this is crazy.
Unread 10-25-2019, 03:06 PM
All Star

Mod is WEC Never Die, starting January 1997.

I pay high bonuses. 500k for fight of the night, 250k for KO and submission.

Unread 10-30-2019, 08:13 PM
Hall of Fame

Here's a fun factoid:

Did you know you can manipulate retired fighters into a comeback by raising specific stats? If they give you the line "I can't compete at the level I need to" I've had them change their mind when I raised Chin from 30ish to 80+ for one fighter, or Heart from 50ish to 80+ for another.

Raising other stats did practically nothing, but I didn't try everything. It makes sense, as they probably mean they aren't what they used to be, but you can quickly edit them back and forth and compensate them with extra cash.
Unread 11-07-2019, 06:14 PM
Low Minors

I just had an interesting ending to a fight that I got a kick out of and needed to share it lol

April 2007
Moses Amokachi (9-1) v. Devon Marunde (9-0)

Marunde has just mounted Amokachi when:

-R2 :42 remaining - Marunde may have hurt his hand while pounding away, judging from his body language.

-R2 :42 remaining - If it's a break, that's really going to affect his striking ability dramatically.

-R2 :23 remaining - Marunde elbows away on Amokachi, landing several great shots that rock him!

-R2 :23 remaining - Referee Sander Nemec has no option but to leap in and stop the fight!

This got a nice chuckle out of me lol
Unread 11-19-2019, 01:11 AM
All Star

I have never come even close to playing a game this long. Up next, the 20 year achievement.

Unread 11-23-2019, 01:25 PM

Wow! 20 years! That's badass. Im 5 years in. I run Alpha-1 and I have XCC as a child organization. I have a weight class every ten pounds from 135 to 215 then 235, 265, No limit.

I own my own broadcaster, but I'm considering opening another one, but an (enormous in all regions) internet based to broadcast shows filled with my lesser/developing/unranked talent. Not sure though, because I might just make a larger regular broadcaster and I'm not sure how running shows with unknown/untalented fighters will effect my popularity.
Unread 11-24-2019, 10:06 PM

Danny Rowan, the most unsuspecting fighter in terms of stature in the entire game... is the #2 P4P and #1 Welterweight in the world, after embarrassing Manuel Silva in 2008.

In other words: Wot
Unread 12-08-2019, 09:57 AM
Rookie

I'm running a tournament based promotion in a real world mod (kind of like old Bellator, multi-night tournaments with the winner getting the belt), starting back in 1993.

Welterweight has been pretty well dominated by Jose Landi-Jons. He's 8-1. Akihiro Gono is a clear #2 in the division even though he's 6-4; three of those four defeats are at the hands of Jose Landi-Jons in tournament finals.

I do 12-round title fights, and Landi-Jons and Gono have met in three different tournament finals, with Landi-Jons winning the 12-round decision each time. In the third meeting, Landi-Jons broke his wrist during the fight and still pulled it off.

The next tournament was to crown an interim champ to fight Landi-Jons when he healed up. Gono wins it and earns his FOURTH shot at a 12-rounder with Landi-Jons, this time to unify the belts.

Finals scores: 114-114, 115-113 Gono, 115-113 Gono. Hard to say if the broken wrist had a lasting impact or if Gono just finally made the right adjustments...but with them being 22 and 23 years old, we've got a lot of time to see how this rivalry shakes out!
Unread 12-12-2019, 06:11 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaeno View Post
I'm running a tournament based promotion in a real world mod (kind of like old Bellator, multi-night tournaments with the winner getting the belt), starting back in 1993.

Welterweight has been pretty well dominated by Jose Landi-Jons. He's 8-1. Akihiro Gono is a clear #2 in the division even though he's 6-4; three of those four defeats are at the hands of Jose Landi-Jons in tournament finals.

I do 12-round title fights, and Landi-Jons and Gono have met in three different tournament finals, with Landi-Jons winning the 12-round decision each time. In the third meeting, Landi-Jons broke his wrist during the fight and still pulled it off.

The next tournament was to crown an interim champ to fight Landi-Jons when he healed up. Gono wins it and earns his FOURTH shot at a 12-rounder with Landi-Jons, this time to unify the belts.

Finals scores: 114-114, 115-113 Gono, 115-113 Gono. Hard to say if the broken wrist had a lasting impact or if Gono just finally made the right adjustments...but with them being 22 and 23 years old, we've got a lot of time to see how this rivalry shakes out!
I love a good tournament style promotion. Is it just single night tournaments that lead to a title fight, or does the winner get a title fight at another show?
Unread 12-12-2019, 06:39 PM
Low Minors

Currently 8.5 years in on a SIGMA save. It's July 2009.

We are the number 1 promotion in the world with GAMMA being a very close second.

~Champions~
Super Heavyweight - Matas Fialkowska (19-0) #14 P4P
-Won in 2006
-9 defences

Heavyweight - Lars-Gunnar Ekberg (21-3) #6 P4P
-Just beat Murilo Satinho (Submissions (Arm Bar)) a couple of months ago for it.

Light Heavyweight - Valentin Taneyev (23-4) #2 P4P
-Just beat Frankie Burgess (TKO (Strikes)) for the title a few months ago.
-3 time champ

Middleweight - Ramon da Silva Ramos (21-0) #5 P4P (On hiatus)
-Won in 2008
-First fight with me was vs. Joey Valdez for the Interim Middleweight title, made 2 defences of it against Atsutane Akera (TKO (Strikes)) and Esteban Vega (Knock Out (Punch)) before unifying against Fjodor Kanchelskis (TKO (Strikes)) who had just returned from hiatus. So yes, he won the title from the returning from hiatus champ, and then went on hiatus immediately following the win.

Interim Middleweight - Sojuro Iriye (23-2) #3 P4P
-Won in 2008
-2 defences

Welterweight - Bobby Brubaker (31-5) #1 P4P
-Won in 2007
-6 defences
-2 time champ
-Most recent fight was him (as #1 P4P) vs. Manuel Silva (#2 P4P at the time). With less than a minute to go in round one, Brubaker finished Silva (Knock Out (Punch)).

Lightweight - Utamara Kawatake (18-1) #25 P4P
-Won in 2009
-1 defence

Featherweight - Alejandro Laguera (20-3)
-Won in 2008
-1 defence
-2 time champ

Bantamweight - Lito Acala (18-4)
-Won in 2009
-2 time champ

---

Next show is being main evented by Featherweight champ Alejandro Laguera (20-3, #2 FW in the world) and Freddy Lomax (21-2, #17 P4P, #3 FW in the world)
Unread 12-12-2019, 09:06 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjonesy87 View Post
I love a good tournament style promotion. Is it just single night tournaments that lead to a title fight, or does the winner get a title fight at another show?
It's been a blast! I don't do any single night tournaments, instead I do them across multiple events - basically, I seed them out, so if I'm doing an 8-man tournament I make it something like this for a bracket:

1 vs. 8, 4 vs. 5, 2 vs. 7, 3 vs. 6 for the quarterfinals, and then do the semifinals on another card, and then the finals on another card. The finals are always for the belt, no other fight ever is.

So my champ is always seeded #1, but he isn't putting the belt on the line unless he makes it the finals. If he happens to lose before the finals, I strip the belt and it's vacant until the finals roll around, and then that's for the vacant belt. I also do 12-round title fights, which can be pretty wild.

The one exception is that if my champ is hurt and can't participate or continue in a tournament, I'll bench him and let the tournament proceed without him. The finals are then for the interim belt, and then I unify them on another card.

I've done up to 16-man tournaments so far, but as more fighters debut (I'm only in Feb of 1998 in my real world mod without fighter generation on, so the database is still a little slim) I plan on doing 32-man ones.
Unread 12-18-2019, 08:35 AM
Hall of Fame

I'm currently having fun getting people out of retirement by fiddling with the editor.

The challenge is to let everybody come back for another run. Surprisingly, it's actually working out. The key is to listen to the reason they don't want to return, and then tweaking their stats so they make the comeback. It takes time, but it does allow me to keep them employed so the weak-chinned former stats can still compete in no-striking matches, for instance, or against poor strikers.

I don't know the feedback by heart, but sometimes you have to switch their focus from "career" to "money".

If it "isn't worth it", you have to raise their popularity one level (to national).

If they "can't compete at the level they need to", you'd have to increase some skills (like muay thai striking), and especially their chin or heart if it's low. Sometimes it's their body breaking down (check the physical stats).

If they don't think a comeback will be succesful, you'd have to change their record from 15-15 or something to 15-5.

If they're too old (you'll know), just lower their age to 30ish (duh).

Obviously you'd have to put back the values after resigning them so it takes time, but it was fun to try and figure out. Generally I wouldn't want to do that, as you're playing god and manager games should be about working with what the game gives you.
Unread 12-18-2019, 10:36 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post

Obviously you'd have to put back the values after resigning them so it takes time, but it was fun to try and figure out. Generally I wouldn't want to do that, as you're playing god and manager games should be about working with what the game gives you.
Not every game, probably not, but I did do it with a few fighters on my save, mainly due to the fact that I wanted to fantasy book them. It is a very good way of fantasy booking a few fighters that, for the most part in real life, would definitely come back for another run if the offer was good. So I don't see it as something bad. Quite the opposite.
Unread 01-07-2020, 02:05 AM

In Gamma 2013 - where we're on event 110 & Tv show 42 with our own brodaster (GAMMA worldwide), the number 1 company and with the greatest fighter ever Bobby Brubaker (forced 1 win I cant lie)

https://i.postimg.cc/nzBX4qs9/Screenshot-5.png

Champions:
Hanif Hussain (20-1) - heavyweight champ (1 defence,1st reign)

Joel Orton (21-1) - Light heavyweight champ (9 Defences, 1 reign)

Bobby Brubaker (37-4) - Middle & Welterweight champ (21 combined defences, 1 reign with both)

Robbie lynn (17-3) - Lightweight (just won, 1st reign)

Grace Richard (25-8) - Women's bantamweight (3 defences, 3rd reign)

Katy-Jayne Paulson (19-5) - Women's flyweight (2 defences, 1st reign)