Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Code of Superheroes General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-17-2020, 07:39 AM
GDS Developer

Default Dev Journal #7: CPU Heroes Do Stuff Too

Now comes one of the tougher parts of the game design: making other heroes do stuff too. That's what i've been working on the last few days, getting the other (CPU) heroes to act, do stuff, get damaged, heal, move around on the map, etc. in a way that makes 'sense'.

I've got hero traveling in and heroes doing acts in and their effects in (they develop over time, just like you do) so the world is never static. It's always changing and evolving.

For example:

These info popups can be shut off in the initial options (heroes will still develop, you just won't see these) if you want something more streamlined.

Heroes move around the map too:

Heroes also heal and get damaged from training now just like you do in the background; no popups for these, since otherwise people would be clearing out 3-5 popups every turn and it would get tiresome, I imagine.
Unread 02-17-2020, 09:48 AM
All Star

Will there be a way to prioritize certain characters in these notices? The way CBH did this could get rather annoying at times. And just shutting notices off wouldn't have been the answer. Let's say I'm roleplaying with a Batman like personality and want to join the Ravenholme Resistance. Red Mystery gets killed off so I make it my goal to bust the responsible villians on their behalf. Essentially show my loyalty to their goals. Rushing past the stuff that didn't pertain to me, it could be too easy to overclick and accidentally miss incidents that might pertain to my goal. Will it be possible to just have the events that occur in Ravenholme or involving those specific villians?
Unread 02-17-2020, 09:52 AM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappyboy View Post
Will there be a way to prioritize certain characters in these notices?
I suppose I could add that, though with only up to 9 characters total it might be sort of not as necessary as it was in CBH where there could be a lot of characters you never bump into at all or that matter to your mission.

If others think that's helpful too, I could show only events that involve a certain CPU hero that could be adjusted in-game.
Unread 02-17-2020, 12:29 PM

I guess this all counts more or less for the villains too? Since all heroes develop, there will be a point, when they all are as strong as it gets. If the villains doesn't develop with them, fights could get very easy for the heroes.

Edit: An option to only follow the actions of specific heroes or in specific cities would be nice.
Unread 02-17-2020, 01:22 PM
Phenom

Is this turned based?
Unread 02-17-2020, 01:56 PM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munit View Post
Is this turned based?
Yes, it's turn-based.