Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-29-2019, 02:46 PM
Living Legend

AEW has a weak womenís division and I think thatís something that could be an easy fix.

Hire Cheerleader Melissa, Tessa Blanchard, and Mercedes Martinez to bolster the ranks.
Unread 10-29-2019, 04:39 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
AEW has a weak womenís division and I think thatís something that could be an easy fix.

Hire Cheerleader Melissa, Tessa Blanchard, and Mercedes Martinez to bolster the ranks.
Tessa, I don't think wants to go, and Mercedes and Melissa are, unfortunately, spent forces, as least as divisional lynchpins.
Unread 10-30-2019, 02:32 AM
Rookie

Another good Dark show.

- Marshall & Avalon vs Dustin & Sonny was a solid match. Dustin was good of course but it was mostly a showcase for the 3 lesser known talents. Sonny stood out.
- Ford vs Gibbs vs Allie vs Emi was good but there were some weird cuts (presumably to cover botches). Emi got to show more of her personality and moveset. Looking forward to her getting a title shot at her pupil.
- Loved the MJF interview. Kip Sabian being a dick to Alex was some much needed character development for him.
- Havoc vs Evans vs Darby was great.

Last edited by milamber : 10-30-2019 at 03:10 AM.
Unread 10-30-2019, 05:09 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamber View Post
- Loved the MJF interview. Kip Sabian being a dick to Alex was some much needed character development for him.
Love that interview segment in general. The stories are so inspirational and they give you a great view into each subject. Really reminds you that these amazing talents are still very much human as well. Not to mention how apropros the concept is given how Cody started on the road to forming AEW in the first place.

My favorite part of MJF's though is him saying he's never felt undesirable on the professional level. That will really feel like a bit of foreshadowing if and when his AEW persona becomes more like the one he has in MLW.
Unread 10-31-2019, 06:48 AM
Rookie

- Sammy vs Page was good. More fired up promos from Page please.
- Shanna vs Shida was good. More fresh blood for the women's division. I only know Shanna by reputation but she impressd.
- The Lucha Underground style vignette with Brandi and Kong was unexpected. PnP taking out RnR Express was an effective heat angle. Nice Road To style segment with Tony and Cody talking on the way to the arena but it went a bit long for TV.
- Marshall, Reynolds & Silver vs Best Friends & OC was a fun squash.
- Contract signing was perfect.
- Hybrid2 & Sabian vs Kenny & The Bucks was good. That Kenny entrance video was interesting. PnP strike again.
- A wild Mox appears to cut a wicked promo.
- Lucha Bros vs SCU was great. I'm shocked SCU won but I'm OK with it. 3 month reign tops before PnP or Lucha Bros take the titles off them.
Unread 10-31-2019, 03:13 PM
All Star

If there's one quibble I had with Dynamite this week, it's to ask why Private Party's interaction with the Rock & Roll Express had to coincide with the ad break. I'm guessing that since PnP laid waste to Ricky & Robert that Private Party was dapping them up and showing respect. But regardless, I'd like to have heard that exchange.
Unread 10-31-2019, 06:14 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappyboy View Post
If there's one quibble I had with Dynamite this week, it's to ask why Private Party's interaction with the Rock & Roll Express had to coincide with the ad break. I'm guessing that since PnP laid waste to Ricky & Robert that Private Party was dapping them up and showing respect. But regardless, I'd like to have heard that exchange.
Need to watch the FITE app version to get the whole show. It wasn't much of an exchange anyway. Just a few mumbled words of respect.
Unread 10-31-2019, 09:24 PM
Rookie

The last 2 Being The Elite episodes were fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x2Sk_XZpU8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRfJLSvfTdc

Also if you pay attention to the intro, Marty is getting closer.
Unread 11-02-2019, 07:34 PM
Rookie

Almost time for the most interesting PPV of the year. Worth subbing to DDT Universe for.

Kenny promo for his match: https://youtu.be/JaeAJce5Kh8

Preview for the uninitiated: https://www.voicesofwrestling.com/20...w-predictions/

Last edited by milamber : 11-02-2019 at 08:00 PM.
Unread 11-02-2019, 08:01 PM
Living Legend

I wish theyíd drop the librarian gimmick. Leva and Avalon are talented workers but good god I hate seeing them.

Good promo from Mox though.
Unread 11-03-2019, 04:49 PM
Super Star

I thought the last Dynamite was a pretty bad show, the worst one so far for me.

Shida vs. Shanna was rough, I didn't see much from either lady that convinced me. I've seen Shanna wrestle in person and feel she's better when she can have the lions share of the offence and have fun with the crowd. Shida was every Japanese wrestler ever. Knee strikes aplenty, nothing unique about her in terms of, this is national television and what are you bringing to the table? I don't know how these people get signed over Jody Threat, Big Swole, Kris Stadtlander and the likes, but there's a reason IMPACT has been building around Tessa, Jordynne, Taya and Rosemary for the last 18 months. They are interesting in a way that nobody in AEW's division is.

There was also a surprising lack of mention of Riho, which I expected because surely every non-title match is about putting yourself in contention for a title shot. Having a Champion that isn't there, and not having Bea or Britt Baker on the show when they're working an angle, all this stuff is a mistake on a weekly broadcast when you're two weeks removed from the PPV. Are we getting a Women's match at Full Gear? This was surely the week to try and advance towards that.

I don't know what to say about the Brandi video or the attack on Jamie Hayter last week but it's all bad television for me and she's god awful in the ring, so no thank you.

The Cody and Tony limo skit was change the channel worthy. Low volume, mumbling, boring, Jeff Jarrett-esque this is my territory, everything should be about me gimmickry that needs to go out the window ASAP. I don't know how anybody watches that video and green lights it to air on national television. They need segments with more urgency and more intensity to lock viewers in and keep them interested. That segment was a miss for me.

I HATE Kenny Omega in AEW. The match was okay. It was every Kenny Omega and The Elite match ever. Bunch of stuff nobody understands, some moves and they win. They decided not to advance the Kenny vs. Moxley thing outside of it now being unsanctioned for "reasons" and Mox being annoyed, but Kenny just showed up as though he was just a bloke there to cosplay and wrestle with his friends. What does he have to say about the match being a Light's Out match now? He can't have been that bothered or phased by the whole thing because he still put on his costume and had some silly video play before his match. I don't understand any of it. I am 24, this stuff shouldn't be going over my head. God knows how anybody 40+ watching this show feels.

I did, however, like the opener, the contract signing and the main event, even though I think SCU were the wrong choice. Lucha Bro's are fantastic. Having them lose to a roll-up and then going off the air in such a sudden fashion wasn't great and I would have preferred a more decisive finish and a longer post-match celebration angle so I could soak it in a little more. It lacked a pomp and pageantry. Needed more confetti and pyro.

It all felt a little hollow this week overall. Not much was progressed and there was very little work done to build towards Full Gear. I can only hope next week is an improvement but the people I am watching the show with are already losing patience. I'm pretty sure they're out if Cody wins next weekend, even though he does feel like a top babyface star in a way that Kenny and Moxley don't so... I don't know. I don't think he's winning.
Unread 11-03-2019, 09:27 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mootinie View Post
He can't have been that bothered or phased by the whole thing because he still put on his costume and had some silly video play before his match.
My eyes nearly rolled out of my head when I saw the dumb Undertale costume. And "as he calls on the power of Sans from Undertale!" has to be one of the most embarrassing lines I've heard said on commentary. I hope it's just a dumb Halloween thing, but the fact that you and I seem to be in the minority worries me he's going to keep doing "how do you do, fellow kids?" stuff.
Unread 11-03-2019, 09:49 PM
Living Legend

Kenny Omega on twitter about the costume

Quote:
I just do what I want and I donít really care if anyone gets it. Itís always gonna be like that.
I never played Undertale, but I knew what the costume was. Not sure why people are crapping on it. He wore ridiculous entrance gear in New Japan too and no one batted an eye.
Unread 11-03-2019, 10:10 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mootinie View Post

I HATE Kenny Omega in AEW. The match was okay. It was every Kenny Omega and The Elite match ever. Bunch of stuff nobody understands, some moves and they win. They decided not to advance the Kenny vs. Moxley thing outside of it now being unsanctioned for "reasons" and Mox being annoyed, but Kenny just showed up as though he was just a bloke there to cosplay and wrestle with his friends. What does he have to say about the match being a Light's Out match now? He can't have been that bothered or phased by the whole thing because he still put on his costume and had some silly video play before his match. I don't understand any of it. I am 24, this stuff shouldn't be going over my head. God knows how anybody 40+ watching this show feels.
Well, speaking from the perspective of 47, I have to say I feel exactly the opposite when it comes to Omega. I've never enjoyed and appreciated him more than I do in AEW. I can finally see the guy in the moment in an atmosphere where he belongs and what he's doing is actually my business. When he used to visit Ring of Honor, he used to drive me nuts because it was just about all Bullet Club related. Which meant it felt like it had nothing to do with me and just made me wish they'd show an undercard match instead. Bullet Club was a New Japan thing to me for most of that period and as such felt like it really was none of my business. I couldn't relate and trying to do the homework to get clued in required more effort than felt sensible for a wrestling show. Now that he's somewhere that he's a key piece and easily followed, I have much more room to invest in the guy. And while some of his stuff is quirky and confusing, I get that's his nature and can just freely go with it. Rather than rack my brain trying to get some interloper whose relevance is remote to me to start with.
Unread 11-04-2019, 12:08 AM
Minor League

I love how AEW does whatever they want and dont follow the ridiculous "wrestling show" format everyone seems to want them to follow.

As a wrestling fan of 20 years, the one thing that keeps me interested in AEW is the fact that i have literally no idea what will happen.

For me, there is no such thing as bad or good in wrestling because its all stupid and none of it makes sense anyway and thats why i love it.