Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-03-2019, 07:32 PM
All Star

Continental Wrestling League returns to the Lowe Ballroom for Thanksgiving Thunder! This year, Ross Henry and Paul Huntingdon look to settle their ongoing rivalry. A huge 30 man battle royal to determine the number one contender for the North American Heavyweight Championship, and so much more! Get your tickets today, they will not last!

Quote:
Continental Wrestling League: Thanksgiving Thunder
Saturday Week 4, November 2021
Live at the Lowe Ballroom [North West, USA]
Available on the Synergy Network & Southern States TV, Japanese Sports Vision 2

Main Event
Singles Match
Sixty Minute Time Limit
Grudge Match
“Mr. Colorado” Ross Henry versus “The Blueblood” Paul Huntingdon

Tag Team Match
Forty-Five Minute Time Limit
North American Tag Team Championship
The Fat Cats versus Clyde Puder & Jakob Yoder ©

Singles Match
Sixty Minute Time Limit
United States Championship Match
Cameron Vessey w/ Lisa Bowen versus “The Canadian Wrestling Machine” David Stone ©

Tag Team Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
The Keith Brothers versus The Fallen w/ Father Grim

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
North American Women’s Championship
Alicia Strong versus Jaime Quine ©

Opening Match
30 Man Over-the-Top-Rope Battle Royale
Winner Receives a North American Heavyweight championship Shot at Christmas Chaos
Featuring: Des Davids, Mighty Cavanagh, Brandon Smith, Evil Dead, Matty Faith, Ranger, and twenty four more of the finest CWL wrestlers!
Quote:
Author's Note: What a busy day of posting shows and news! I hope everyone has enjoyed what has been developing. It's been interesting to be booking weekly television and a monthly event. I've been trying to book an old-school feeling weekly television program. Some brawls, some promos, but nothing too fanciful or sports entertainment. Some competitive matches and some not so competitive matches. How have you been liking how things are going?
Unread 03-03-2019, 11:25 PM
Minor League

I miss a Saturday and I miss an entire month and PPV! You crank out shows, man!

Huntingdon won the first one, but I think he leaves the better party here after getting a DQ loss on Henry with some interference.

So if they pin the GWC champs, does PuYoder (or YoPuder if you prefer) get a shot at those next?

Cameron Vessey w/ Lisa Bowen versus “The Canadian Wrestling Machine” David Stone ©
I hope this program doesn't end, because these guys have burned the house down. Of course, probably means both should graduate up to a bigger title ASAP...

This is a tough call, and either team could win. But bad guys should win the first one to keep it moving.

Can Strong lose twice to start her CWL career? I don't think she will.

Winner Receives a North American Heavyweight championship Shot at Christmas Chaos
Evil Dead would give Diaz a good fight, and could set up a Fallen versus Diaz family storyline.
Unread 03-04-2019, 01:00 AM
All Star

Main Event
Singles Match
Sixty Minute Time Limit
Grudge Match

Tag Team Match

Singles Match
Sixty Minute Time Limit

Tag Team Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Opening Match
Featuring: Des Davids, Mighty Cavanagh, Brandon Smith, Evil Dead, Matty Faith, Ranger, and twenty four more of the finest CWL wrestlers!
Unread 03-04-2019, 04:01 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post

Available on the Synergy Network & Southern States TV
Week 3, November 2021.
Filmed at: Sunrise Sunset [Hawaii, USA]
In Attendance: 2,000 [SELL OUT]
Rating: 2.59 [1,948,370 viewers]
Commentators: Michaels Riggs, Ricky Dale Johnson, Duke Hazard

MR:

RDJ:

DH:
That's some real insight there from the commentary team...

Main Event
Grudge Match
Too soon for Ross to end the feud here. Huntingdon picks up a shady win or loses via DQ after Killer Shark attacks

Fresh champs retain

Unless there's a special stipulation like an Ironman or I quit match, by this point I just can't see this ending as anything but another draw

Evil Dead and/or Father Grim will get in the mix

Never really could get behind Alicia Strong. Fight me.

Davids and Cavanagh got their hands full, as do the Mission. Evil Dead is a big monster heel type that should do good in such a match, plus he could go on to have an extended big man feud with Diaz thanks to the Fallen around him to help stretch things without milking that cow dry.
Unread 03-04-2019, 07:18 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJay2003 View Post
I miss a Saturday and I miss an entire month and PPV! You crank out shows, man!

But not the title, maybe a count-out win?

Evil Dead
Unread 03-04-2019, 07:40 AM
Super Star

Main Event
Singles Match
Sixty Minute Time Limit
Grudge Match

Tag Team Match

Singles Match
Sixty Minute Time Limit

Tag Team Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Opening Match
Unread 03-04-2019, 12:45 PM
Super Star

Sorry was out of it for a bit. Good stuff and enjoyed the promo’s. If I’m not too late, I’d like a Lisa Bowen (in character) promo or interview piece talking about her Bowen Services Corp. I think more spotlight on the top manager in the company would be interesting. Does she have an eye on anyone in CWL to join her group?

Main Event
Singles Match
Sixty Minute Time Limit
Grudge Match
Nothing gets settled here

Tag Team Match
North American champs just won the title so I don’t see them losing here. Not sure I see them sticking around the tag team scene for long though

Singles Match
Sixty Minute Time Limit
2 draws so far but do we get a change here? Yes

Tag Team Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
DQ win for the Keith’s as the 3rd Fallen runs in for a beat down

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
I’d like to see Jaime retain but your a Strong fan so....

Opening Match
Unread 03-04-2019, 02:27 PM

Main Event
Singles Match
Sixty Minute Time Limit
Grudge Match

DRAW. There are money to be made from the next match.

Tag Team Match

Puder and Yoder- These are your blue-chipper prospects, the prodigal sons returning home.

Singles Match
Sixty Minute Time Limit

Stone was a pretty shocking win. He had a good run, so Vessey wins

Tag Team Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

The Keith Brothers

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Jaime Quine

Opening Match

Brandon Smith has been winning recently, so he gets the vote. Though Logan Diaz returning and fighting his cousin? That sounds money

Observation. All my predictions are based on reading your shows, i didn't play TEW too much.

Question: How did you jump from 120000 viewers to over 2 million? I like the way you book, though i still think you are holding too much down the Devil's Rejects - they could be your main-event heels- , but that is a serious increase
Unread 03-04-2019, 03:37 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pitbull View Post

Observation. All my predictions are based on reading your shows, i didn't play TEW too much.

Question: How did you jump from 120000 viewers to over 2 million? I like the way you book, though i still think you are holding too much down the Devil's Rejects - they could be your main-event heels- , but that is a serious increase
Well I appreciate the predictions. Welcome aboard.

1. I love the Rejects. They will continue to be featured heavily, don't worry.

2. It was with the Japanese TV deal. When we purchased Burning Hammer, it upped our popularity in Japan and we got the TV deal they had with Japanese Sports Vision Two -- that has way more visibility than what we currently have. I announced the purchase of Burning Hammer a week before we technically purchased them -- but that explains the big jump. There will be some news about it later!

Since this is the first time you've commented, how are you enjoying the diary?
Unread 03-04-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post
Well I appreciate the predictions. Welcome aboard.

2. It was with the Japanese TV deal. When we purchased Burning Hammer, it upped our popularity in Japan and we got the TV deal they had with Japanese Sports Vision Two -- that has way more visibility than what we currently have. I announced the purchase of Burning Hammer a week before we technically purchased them -- but that explains the big jump. There will be some news about it later!

Since this is the first time you've commented, how are you enjoying the diary?
I thought it had something to do with the purchase. Damn , the Japanese have a TV deal. As feedback, i like it. I like the reality of the struggle of a booker of a smaller promotion and the optimism of Oxford. And i love McManus. It seems everyone casts him off while you made him the centerpiece of the company. Love it. I would like to see some reports, maybe Oxford's take on what is going on in developmental. Maybe some short observations about workers progress while watching shows.

If i could suggest something, do a piece about Vasquez. He is winning pretty often, but he doesn't have a personality for the reader. Just my 2 cents
Unread 03-04-2019, 04:38 PM
All Star

Default CWL: Thanksgiving Thunder

Thanksgiving Thunder
Saturday Week 4, November 2021
Live at the Lowe Ballroom [North West, USA]
Available on the Synergy Network & Southern States TV, Japanese Sports Vision 2
In Attendance: 5,000 [SELL OUT]
Rating: 3.44 [2,580,450 viewers]

MR: Hello and welcome to the sold out Lowe Ballroom for Thanksgiving Thunder! This is the sixth annual Thanksgiving Thunder and we are in for one heck of a show. Our main event? A grudge match for the ages as Ross Henry and Paul Huntingdon look to settle their score. The North American Tag Team and Women’s Championships are on the line as is the United States Championship. Ricky, Duke, what are you most looking forward to?

RDJ: I’m looking forward to seeing Ross Henry finally gives Paul Huntingdon the beating he deserves. Paul stole a victory in September and let Carl DiBiase take his beating in October -- so hopefully tonight is the night that Ross Henry will finally prove that money can’t buy everything.

DH: I can’t wait to see Cameron Vessey finally take the United States Championship from David Stone. Two straight draws. Now with a sixty minute time limit? Tonight’s the night that Cameron Vessey will become United States Champion. I can feel it!.

Opening Match

All thirty men started in the ring. It was definitely a crowded ring. There was a lot of star power in the match. The Mission was in the match. Des Davids. Mighty Cavanagh. Brandon Smith. Evil Dead. And so much more. Over the course of the match, Evil Dead really dominated with twelve eliminations. It came down to Davids, Smith, Dead, and Faith. When it was down to the four men, Faith and Evil Dead went right at each other and ended up eliminating one another. This left Davids and Smith. They went at it for a couple of minutes before Davids managed to eliminate Brandon Smith and punch his ticket for Christmas Chaos.

Des Davids won a battle royal in 20:06. The other members of the 'final four' were Bulldozer Brandon Smith, Evil Dead and Matty Faith, with Bulldozer Brandon Smith being the final elimination. Evil Dead got the most eliminations over the course of the match.

We can hear the pounding of footsteps. The camera is bouncing. We are running. The camera shot rounds a corner and we see a brawl happening. We are not sure why it is happening, but we do know that KC Glenn and Riley McManus are full on brawling with Ox Mastadon and Jeffery Aroma. KC and Riley are smaller than the two big men, but are fighting like bulldogs… Georgia Bulldogs. Backstage security is quick to the scene to pull the four men apart.

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

In a rematch from Halloween Throwdown, Strong and Quine went at it. This was even better than their match in October -- and was actually the best women’s match the company has ever put on. Alicia Strong looked really on her game and looked like a star, just like her father. Quine, to her credit, also looked like a star and really flew around the ring for Alicia. An Angel Driver [Tiger Driver] was all she wrote and Alicia Strong is the new North American Women’s Champion.

Alicia Strong defeated Jaime Quine in 8:42 by pinfall with an Angel Driver. Alicia Strong wins the CWL North American Women's title.

Tag Team Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
w/

This match had been building for a few months. The Keith Brothers work excellently together as a team -- their growing up as twins probably helping that matter. Usually it is Matthew who looks the best in a match, but tonight, Greg was on fire. The Fallen isolated Matthew from Greg and worked him over. Scythe and Hellion -- who have known each other for many years -- worked well together as a team. They had some very nice power moves that they executed together including Scythe hitting Matthew with a big powerslam and Hellion hitting an immediate splash that almost got the three count.

Matthew made the hot tag to Greg and Greg came in hot. He hit a dropkicks -- the big men did not get slammed or suplexed -- to take both men down. The crowd came alive as Greg knocked Hellion off the ring apron and got Scythe down. Greg locked in the Proton Lock in the center of the ring. Scythe’s tree trunk like legs were not easy to knot together, but Greg managed it. Suddenly, Evil Dead hit the ring and hit a big boot on Greg Keith. The interference caused Darren Smith to call for the bell.

The Keith Brothers defeated Hellion and Scythe in 12:24 when Hellion was disqualified when Evil Dead ran in and attacked Greg Keith.

MR: And now for some words from the North American Heavyweight Champion.

JD: I have the night off tonight. The night off because we had to learn who was going to challenge me at Christmas Chaos. It’ll be Des Davids. Spencer Spade, the so-called Supreme Star, who thinks he saved me -- he’s still on my list. I’m going to formally request that the match with Des Davids become a Triple Threat and also include Spencer Spade. I want to beat both of them in one night. I want to leave no doubt. No doubt that I… I am the man. That I am the Unstoppable Monster.”

Singles Match
Sixty Minute Time Limit

w/

This was third big show match up between these two men. The previous two had ended in time limit draws. The first was a twenty minute draw that ended just before Cameron Vessey could get the three count. The second was a half hour draw that ended just before David Stone was able to make Cameron Vessey tap out.

This match continued the series of excellence between the two wrestlers with wrestling in their blood. This match started off slow. They didn’t need to feel each other out -- but they also knew that at a moments notice it could be a Vessey Driver II or a Stone Ankle Stretch and that would be the ballgame.

Stone controlled the match early on. He used some very impressive variations of the Greco-Roman knuckle lock for takedowns -- including a beautiful Greco Roman Knuckle Lock Suplex that he tried to transition into an arm bar.

Vessey managed to avoid any submission holds and with a timely distraction from Lisa Bowen, he used a closed fist (which is illegal in CWL) to stun David Stone and allow him to take control. Vessey went to work on the neck -- trying to soften up for the Vessey Driver II. He used a beautiful neckbreaker that he followed up with a Dragon Sleeper that Stone reversed into a pinfall attempt.

As the match continued, David Stone kept fighting back. He hit a beautiful Snap German Suplex. Vessey hit the mat and bounced back to his feet. Stone locked in a front guillotine that looked like it was about to make Vessey pass out, but vessey turned it into a modified Northern Lights Suplex for a near fall.

Vessey attempted the Vessey Driver II, but Stone slipped off his shoulders, single legged him and went for the Stone Ankle Stretch -- but Vessey pushed him away. The force of the push sent Stone into the ropes. When Stone bounced back, Vessey lifted him and quickly delivered a Vessey Driver II and made the cover. He got the three.

Cameron Vessey defeated David Stone in 33:44 by pinfall with a Vessey Driver II. Cameron Vessey wins the CWL United States title.

Tag Team Match

The Fat Cats came out with the World Tag Team Championships. These were not on the line, but one could only assume that if Puder & Yoder won this match they could be in line for a World’s Tag Team Title match at a later date. Puder and Yoder had the distinct size advantage with each one being 6’10” and over 300 pounds.

The beginning of the match was all Puder and Yoder. The two big country boys used their size advantage on The Fat Cats to control the tempo and the pace. They showcased a new tag team move where Puder tagged in Yoder, and popped Carl DiBiase up into the air and Yoder hit a big headbutt on DiBiase before he hit the ground. That got a near fall.

DiBiase and Trescarde were able to seize control after a miscommunication between Puder and Yoder allowed DiBiase to send Yoder shoulder first into the corner post. Trescarde and DiBiase have been teaming together longer than Puder & Yoder and it showed now. Yoder did spend the better part of three years as RIPW Tag Team Champion, but Clyde had primarily been a singles wrestler and was out of position when Yoder probably needed him. Trescarde and DiBiase set in on Yoder. They didn’t slam him, they just chopped the mighty redwood to the mat and kept him down while they pounded on him. There was a spot where Yoder seemed to grab at his shoulder and chest. He managed to tag out and did not come back in for the rest of the match.

DiBiase and Trescarde flew around for the Hillbilly Hammer. Matty Faith came to ringside and Trescarde started to confront him -- but this left DiBiase alone to eat a Patriot Powerslam and for Puder & Yoder to successfully defend the North American Tag Team Championship.

In a decent match, Clyde Puder and Jakob Yoder defeated The Fat Cats in 17:31 when Clyde Puder defeated Carl DiBiase by pinfall with a Patriot Powerslam after a distraction from Matty Faith. Clyde Puder and Jakob Yoder make defence number 1 of their CWL North American Tag Team titles.

-Yoder suffered a broken collar bone

MR: With his showdown with Paul Huntingdon moments away, Ross Henry has a few words for his opponent.

RH: Paul. For too long you’ve been running from me. For too long you have been hiding from me. You will not be able to hide any longer. In just a few moments, you’ll walk down that aisle. In just a few moments, you’ll get in the ring and it will be you and me. One on one. No Carl DiBiase. No Monty Trescarde. Killer Shark banned from ringside. Just you and I. Settling a score… Settling a debt. A man of your means should be used to that.

Main Event
Singles Match
Sixty Minute Time Limit
Grudge Match

The main event of the event. A grudge match that lived up to the hype. Henry dominated early on. His combination of power, aggression, and speed helped him take early control. A closed fist -- that got him a stern warning from Darren Smith -- got Huntingdon the match back in his control. Huntingdon went to work with the blend of old school heel tactics and charisma that helped propel him to stardom in the SWF (and then for a short while in SOTBW).
Huntingdon did every old school heel trick he could think of. He choked Henry on the middle rope. He draped his leg over Henry’s throat while he argued with the referee. He dragged him across the top rope to give his face rope burn. It was textbook kind of work from Paul, but Ross kept powering up.

Eventually, Ross made the full comeback and the people really came alive as Ross hit a big Earthquake Powerslam and got the victory.

Ross Henry defeated Paul Huntingdon in 23:55 by pinfall with an Earthquake Powerslam.

Ross Henry stands on the second rope. His arms are in the air. He has done it. He beat Paul Huntingdon in a great match where they really took it to one another. The crowd gasps as Killer Shark hits the ring. Henry gets off the second rope and turns around, only to get steam rolled by the enforcer of Money Talks. Shark unloads on the already worn down Henry, hitting him with several big body strikes. Sweat flies off Henry’s body with each blow. Shark lifts Henry up onto his shoulder and drives him down into the mat with his version of the Rikishi Driver. Shark stands over Henry as Thanksgiving Thunder goes off air.

Overall
Unread 03-04-2019, 04:56 PM
All Star

Default SNSM Ep 27

Available on the Synergy Network, Southern States TV, & Japanese Sports Vision 2
Week 4, November 2021.
Filmed at: The Oxford Arena [North West, USA]
In Attendance: 2,735
Rating: 2.63 [1,975,420 viewers]

MR: Hello and welcome to another exciting and thrill packed episode of Saturday Night Slammasters. Tonight, in our Main Event, Brandon Smith and Des Davids will go toe to toe. Bulldozer has been on a bit of a roll lately, will he be able to topple Des Davids? Or will Des Davids withstand the Bulldozer? Find out tonight!

Opening Match
Tag Team Match
Fifteen Minute Time Limit

The Southern Stars versus Red Army

In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, The Southern Stars defeated Red Army in 8:31 when Animal Harker defeated The Punisher by pinfall with a Texas Meat-Grinder.

The Sickle carried the match in terms of in-ring performance.

MR: Next week, here on Slammasters we will see Ranger and Giant Brody go one on one!

Singles Match
Picture Missing
Yukiko Matsumara versus Sakura Sada

In a bout that had terrible wrestling and non-existent crowd heat, Sakura Sada defeated Yukiko Matsumara in 8:46 by pinfall with a Hawk Dive Elbow Drop.

Singles Match

“High Flyin’ Hawaiian” James Adams versus “Mr. Impact” Hugh Ancrie

In a bout that had good wrestling but didn't have much heat, James Adams defeated Hugh Ancrie in 7:05 by pinfall with a Pacific Crush.
Adams and Ancrie have great chemistry.

Deever Arnold cuts a backstage promo.

Tag Team Match
w/
Alexander Vasquez & Leon Pena versus Gangsta Nation w/ Brother Grim

In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, Alexander Vasquez and Leon Pena defeated Cali Slick and Hustle Muvva in 10:14 when Alexander Vasquez defeated Hustle Muvva by pinfall with a Side Blaster.
Vasquez and Pena have zero chemistry as partners

Main Event
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

“Bulldozer” Brandon Smith versus Des Davids

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated Des Davids in 15:29 by pinfall with a Backdrop Driver after a distraction from Guide.

MR: Next week, only on Slammasters, The New Wave will face off with Des Davids and Mighty Cavanagh in our main event!

Overall

Unread 03-04-2019, 05:46 PM
Super Star

Great Thanksgiving show. Glad to see you are making Ross Henry work for his spots. Often times I have seen him come into companies and he was immediately pushed to the top really fast. Here in the CWL, he is having to work for it and losing some but still moving forward.

How bad is the injury to Yoder?
Unread 03-04-2019, 06:00 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theheel View Post
Great Thanksgiving show. Glad to see you are making Ross Henry work for his spots. Often times I have seen him come into companies and he was immediately pushed to the top really fast. Here in the CWL, he is having to work for it and losing some but still moving forward.

How bad is the injury to Yoder?
Thank you for the kind feedback. I've been guilty in private games of pushing him to the moon immediately, but here I didn't want to do that -- it helped that I also didn't have him for several years while guys got established.

It's a broken collarbone. He's only out for two weeks or so (I think sixteen days). I was afraid he'd be out a lot longer, but I guess I got lucky.
Unread 03-05-2019, 10:37 AM
All Star

• The run with Japanese Sports Vision 2 has come to an end and CWL has chosen not to renew the contract with them at this time in order to focus on their United States Expansion.
  • CWL has reached a deal with Hawaii 50 to broadcast monthly events as well as Saturday Night Slammasters.
  • Hugh Ancrie, Alexander Vasquez, Othello Morris, Rocky Weatherfield, Marie Punnen, and Thunder & Lightning have all been sent to TGL. It is not a punishment but rather a hopes that moving down to TGL will allow them to work the top of the card.
  • Kuniko Matsura, Sakura Sada, Yukiko Matsumara, Faith McGee, & Wendy Anderson have all been released from CWL. This was said to be because they were not connecting with the audiences in CWL.
  • Jonah Pilgrim and The Canadian Blondes has been released from CWL. The Blondes wanted to explore an opportunity with Canadian Golden Combat. Jonah Pilgrim will be returning to the independent wrestling scene.
  • Samoan Mafia [Charger, Malietoa, & Devil] have all been called up onto the main roster

Quote:
Author's Note: So, after picking up Japanese Sports Vision 2 -- it created way too many viewers for where we should be -- and I didn't like that. We're expanding nationally but the bulk of our viewers were in Japan. So technically the deal didn't actually expire as much as I chose to end it and pick up a deal with Hawaii -- so that I could continue to get television exposure there and continue the organic build and national expansion. So in the story of the universe, it was because we were just finishing BHOTWG's run, but in reality it was me making the choice to end the deal and just get on Hawaii 50.

In the pipeline before the next show -- a Lisa Bowen narrative. An Alexander Vasquez narrative. A Gangsta Nation narrative and one over Robert Oxford reviewing developmental -- as all of these have been requested.