Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-02-2019, 02:57 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCJR4LIFE View Post
Not quite understanding, if they offered them Touring contracts this wouldn’t affect your ability to renegotiate with them.

So did Pride offer them written despite the alliance or what?
They offered them touring contracts that they accepted before they accepted my deals which ended the negotiations. When I went to renegotiate with them, they said they were leaving at the end of their contracts.
Unread 08-02-2019, 03:14 PM
Banned

Interesting. Company has been bleeding talent this year at an unprecedented level.

Have you considered increasing the length of your TV show so you can use your main stars more and build your storyline heat for your events?

Now that the company has lost a lot of its bigger veteran stars I’d expect guys like Riley, Glenn, Lau and so on to be used more.
Unread 08-02-2019, 03:22 PM
All Star

Quote:
Interesting. Company has been bleeding talent this year at an unprecedented level.

Have you considered increasing the length of your TV show so you can use your main stars more and build your storyline heat for your events?

Now that the company has lost a lot of its bigger veteran stars I’d expect guys like Riley, Glenn, Lau and so on to be used more.
The middle portion of the year is one where we lost a lot of talent. A lot of it has to do with contracts though and when they come up. Because of when I hit my size and was able to offer deals from a financial perspective, a lot of my deals came up in the same several month window.

My TV show is an hour and a half and right now that's the length I want it to be. My general mind of TV shows in wrestling -- and not just in the game, but in real life -- is that your free show should feature a couple of names, but also your guys that are developing. It's a place to give your stars promo and build to their matches at the shows your audience has to pay to watch -- that's why you don't see a lot of 'pay per view' level matches, unless it is for a specific story purpose, on Saturday Night Slammasters.

Mikey was out hurt for awhile -- it's why he was absent. Now that he's fully healthy, my hope is to give him more TV time -- especially with Vasquez, Morris, The Acolyte, and even KC all on the main roster and all talented junior heavyweight workers -- though KC is currently in a program.
Unread 08-04-2019, 08:22 AM
All Star

Default SNSM Ep 120

Available on NCTV
Week 1, November 2023.
Filmed at: The Friedman Building [Mid South, USA]
In Attendance: 7,592
Rating: 2.68 [2,012,550 viewers]
Commentators: Lee Bambino & Ricky Dale Johnson

LB: Hello and welcome to another exciting and thrill-packed episode of Saturday Night Slammasters. We are coming to you tonight from the Friedman Building, a great building to hold professional wrestling. We are fresh off Halloween Throwdown which saw Ross Henry defeat Spencer Spade in a steel cage match, meaning Spencer Spade is banned from the CWL for sixty days. Torment and the new Fallen were unsuccessful in the Halloween Horrors match, so we need to find out what the fallout from that will be and so much more!

Quote:

Fresh off his victory against Spencer Spade, “The Boss” Ross Henry comes to the ring to a big ovation. When he first started wrestling seven years ago, he was a novelty. The former pro football standout who was making the transition to professional wrestling. Seven years later, he has proven himself to not be a novelty, but to be someone who has taken the sport of professional wrestling very seriously.

Inside the ring, he lifts up a microphone to speak -- but before he can, he is interrupted.

Lisa Bowen comes storming out. She looks none to pleased and she lets Ross Henry know why she’s not pleased. Because of him, Spencer Spade is out of the CWL for sixty days. SIXTY! She had to call in a couple of favors, but she’s got someone coming, someone who can get revenge for what Ross did. Ross said to bring it on, he’s not scared of anyone and he’s never backed down from a challenge.

Opening Match
Mixed Tag Team Match
Fifteen Minute Time Limit

“The Evolution” Primus Allen & Teresa Newton versus “Flawless” Franklin Rush & Alicia Strong w/ Lisa Bowen

In a decent match, Primus Allen and Teresa Newton defeated Alicia Strong and Franklin Rush in 9:47 when Primus Allen defeated Franklin Rush by pinfall with a Running Powerslam.

Singles Match

Gabriel Shaw versus Cameron Vessey w/ Lisa Bowen

In a bout that had great wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Cameron Vessey defeated Gabriel Shaw in 9:34 by pinfall with a Vessey Driver II.

Quote:

Alexander Vasquez is backstage. He is not happy with the result of his match against Mikey James at Halloween Throwdown, but now they are tied 1-1. So they have to wrestle again to find out truly who is better.

Singles Match

“The Hillbilly Hammer” Clyde Puder versus Sgt. Bubba Lee West

In an extremely short match, Clyde Puder defeated Sgt. Bubba Lee West in 4:32 by pinfall with a Patriot Powerslam.

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

“The Juice” O.J. Morris versus Sgt. Bison ©

In a decent match, Sgt. Bison defeated O.J. Morris in 19:13 by pinfall with a Boosted Reaper Choke Slam following interference from The Acolyte. Sgt. Bison makes defence number 5 of his CWL Television title.

Quote:

Matty Faith is backstage. He informs both the live audience and television audience that because of his team’s victory over The Fallen at Halloween Throwdown -- and because of his Gold Rush win -- he will be challenging Torment for the North American Heavyweight Championship at Thanksgiving Thunder.

Main Event
Eight Woman Tag
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Amber Allen, Jaime Quine, & Ladies Night versus Zoe Ammis, Steph Blake, & The Uprising

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Zoe Ammis, Steph Blake and The Uprising defeated Amber Allen, Jaime Quine and Ladies Night in 17:28 when Talia Quinzel defeated Danielle Sweetheart by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage.

In terms of in-ring work, Jaime Quine was head and shoulders above everyone else.

Overall

Unread 08-07-2019, 09:23 PM
All Star

Default SNSM Ep 121

Available on NCTV
Week 2, November 2023.
Filmed at: A college arena [New England, USA]
In Attendance: 3,000 [SELL OUT]
Rating: 2.61 [1,964,860 viewers]

LB: Hello and welcome to another exciting and thrill-packed episode of Saturday Night Slammasters. We are coming to you tonight from New England where 3,000 people have crammed in for what promises to be the best wrestling you will see all week.

RDJ: You're absolutely right, Lee -- and what a lineup we have for our fans tonight. Jakob Yoder finally gets his rematch for the Television Championship. Will he regain the belt he feels he never should have lost, or will Sgt. Bison find a way -- by hook or crook -- to keep the belt? And in our main event, American Muscle gets their biggest challenge yet. The very experienced, very lethal team of Cameron Vessey and Casey Valentine. These former World Tag Team Champions are looking to stake a claim that they should get a shot at the World Tag Team Titles while American Muscle has been the hottest tag team in the company since bursting onto the scene. Will American Muscle be able to keep up the momentum? Or will C-V-2 stop the young team in their tracks? Find out tonight!

Quote:

We are immediately thrown backstage where we are joining an attack in process. Ross Henry is on the ground getting bludgened by a steel chair. Lisa Bowen is standing near by cheering.

“Hollywood” Bret Starr, a contracted employee of North of the Border is laying the steel chair into Ross. He stops and looks down.

BS: See you at Thanksgiving Thunder, chump.
Hollywood Bret Starr attacks Ross Henry backstage and leaves him down and out.

Opening Match
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

“The Mennonite Mammoth” Jakob Yoder versus Sgt. Bison ©

In a bout that had superb wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Sgt. Bison defeated Jakob Yoder in 17:23 by submission after interference from R.W. Vega. Sgt. Bison makes defence number 6 of his CWL Television title.

Quote:

Jakob Yoder is being attacked by Shadaloo in the ring. As he’s being attacked…

Gabriel Shaw, his former tag team partner in RIPW -- whom he won the RIPW Tag Team Championship with, comes running down to his aid, chasing off Shadaloo.

Six Man Scramble
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Junior Heavyweight Showcase

“The Juice” OJ Morris versus “The Latin Sensation” Leon Pena versus “Jumpin’” Johnny Needham versus R.W. Vega versus “The Butcher” Alexander Vasquez versus The Acolyte w/ Father Grim

In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, Alexander Vasquez defeated O.J. Morris, The Acolyte, Johnny Needham, Leon Pena and R.W. Vega in 13:59 when Alexander Vasquez defeated The Acolyte by pinfall with a Side Blaster. During this match, World Junior Heavyweight Champion Mikey James was on commentary with Lee and Ricky.

Quote:

Alicia Strong is backstage with Lisa Bowen. The North American Women’s Championship is over her shoulder. She believes she’s the best women’s wrestler on the planet. Everytime someone gets into the ring with her for a singles match, they find out just how good she really is. At Thanksgiving Thunder, she’s got Alina America. America will find out what every other woman has found out in CWL. There is no woman better

Tag Team Match

Ladies Night versus The Uprising

In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, The Uprising defeated Ladies Night in 10:24 when Talia Quinzel defeated Maria Guest by pinfall with a Spinal Trauma.

Singles Match

“The Hillbilly Hammer” Clyde Puder versus Jeremy Peck

In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Clyde Puder defeated Jeremy Peck in 4:31 by pinfall with a Patriot Powerslam.

Main Event
Tag Team Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

American Muscle versus C-V-2 w/ Lisa Bowen

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, American Muscle defeated C-V-2 in 19:12 when Ballistic defeated Casey Valentine by pinfall after Riley McManus came to the ring and provided a distraction.

Barrage was the weak link, struggling to keep up with everyone else's in-ring performance.

Overall

Last edited by Historian : 08-07-2019 at 09:31 PM.
Unread 08-07-2019, 09:45 PM
All Star

Bret Heartbreak Called Up

Bret Heartbreak has been called up from TGL. The twenty-four year old spent two years working in Texas honing his craft. He is the son of famed European wrestler Byron and spent the first three years of his career wrestling in Europe. He is now entering his sixth year as a professional and hopes to eclipse his father's legacy by becoming a star in the United States.

SHARE THIS:

New Developmental Singings

Jeremy Peck, Jeremy Perez, and Tyler Murphy have been signed to developmental deals. Peck and Perez, the proteges of the retired Demon Spite -- will be forming a tag team known as the New Demons. Murphy is a graduate of Joe Sexy's "Sexy Dojo". At 6'1" and almost 250 pounds, the muscular brawler could have a bright future in a CWL that loves a good brawl.

SHARE THIS:

Unread 08-07-2019, 11:39 PM
Banned

Looks like Sgt Bison is on a good roll right now. He’s been killing it in the ring with just about everyone he faces, putting on Main Event caliber matches in the midcard.

Ballstic is another guy who’s really taken off with his new gimmick, although Barrage(not sure who this was) isn’t quite up to that level. Will be interesting to see how that develops and if Ballistic ever goes single. Ballistic struggled as Eddie Carter solo so the Tag Team might be the remedy.

Definitely now that the Light Heavyweights are in full bloom I think things are looking up for CWL despite the massive veteran talent loss.

Bret Heartbreak is also a star in waiting for sure.

Last edited by TLCJR4LIFE : 08-08-2019 at 12:16 AM.
Unread 08-08-2019, 10:29 AM
All Star

Quote:
Looks like Sgt Bison is on a good roll right now. He’s been killing it in the ring with just about everyone he faces, putting on Main Event caliber matches in the midcard.

Ballstic is another guy who’s really taken off with his new gimmick, although Barrage(not sure who this was) isn’t quite up to that level. Will be interesting to see how that develops and if Ballistic ever goes single. Ballistic struggled as Eddie Carter solo so the Tag Team might be the remedy.

Definitely now that the Light Heavyweights are in full bloom I think things are looking up for CWL despite the massive veteran talent loss.

Bret Heartbreak is also a star in waiting for sure.
Bison has developed into a very good worker -- he also has very good mic skills and is consistently at the top of my talkers list, I'm just attempting to get him a little bit more over so that he can really go at a higher level. There are plans for him.

I've been very pleased with the development of American Muscle. I liked Eddie Carter -- he was consistently getting good feedback from other workers telling me to push him, but he needed something more. Barrage is Howard Marquart, who was in developmental and was doing solid and also has very good babyface performance and solid fundamentals. While he's been the 'weak link' in the tag team matches, if Ballistic has say, been a B, he's been a C+ or B-, so it's not that he's a bad worker, it's just that's he's green and still developing.

Once I started losing the veteran talent, I had to have a plan and that plan was to start featuring the junior heavyweights more and try to build a solid division, because I have a lot of solid junior heavyweight workers.

Let's hope Bret can become a star. I'm sure DarK_RaideR loves seeing another multi-generational/family relation on my roster. Those are his favorites after all.
Unread 08-08-2019, 11:12 AM
Minor League

Some of my FAVORITE things to do in TEW is to take an unknown newly generated worker, hire him and see how his career develops. Some of them can end up absolute beasts and others are like 'why are you a wrestler?' :-p
Unread 08-08-2019, 09:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post
Bison has developed into a very good worker -- he also has very good mic skills and is consistently at the top of my talkers list, I'm just attempting to get him a little bit more over so that he can really go at a higher level. There are plans for him.

I've been very pleased with the development of American Muscle. I liked Eddie Carter -- he was consistently getting good feedback from other workers telling me to push him, but he needed something more. Barrage is Howard Marquart, who was in developmental and was doing solid and also has very good babyface performance and solid fundamentals. While he's been the 'weak link' in the tag team matches, if Ballistic has say, been a B, he's been a C+ or B-, so it's not that he's a bad worker, it's just that's he's green and still developing.

Once I started losing the veteran talent, I had to have a plan and that plan was to start featuring the junior heavyweights more and try to build a solid division, because I have a lot of solid junior heavyweight workers.

Let's hope Bret can become a star. I'm sure DarK_RaideR loves seeing another multi-generational/family relation on my roster. Those are his favorites after all.
Yeah I know if you gave him a gimmick change and it reset his momentum you can see immediate results in terms of grades.

Interesting that the guys in the back like Eddie, usually means hes going to develop quickly and has high potential.

Any other guys on the roster the backstage guys really like?
Unread 08-09-2019, 03:42 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post
Actually... I do kinda like Bret. Or at least not outright hate him. Maybe because I hate his dad so much. Byron's portrait alone is enough to generate heel heat and I'll always see him as the 'sports entertainment" antagonist to RoF and UEW in those regions. Bret, on the other hand, may look similar, but isn't trying to cash in his name or ride the coattails of his dad. If his dad tries to push him that way, it only makes him more sympathetic to me. If Bret tries to be his own man, fine. If he tries to leave his dad's shadow, even better. Seriously, as long as Byron is in the equation, there's no way I can hate someone more
Unread 08-10-2019, 09:54 AM
All Star

Quote:
Any other guys on the roster the backstage guys really like?
Bison and Vega. Holly and Anderson. Vasquez. Those are the ones that consistently get something.
Unread 08-10-2019, 03:10 PM
All Star

International Hostility
South of the Border Pro Wrestling and World Wrestling League have been at each other's throats lately with various wrestlers from both organizations sniping at each other on social media. Both companies have expanded internationally over the last view years with broadcasting deals across the world. Both feature a lucha-heavy product with WLW's LuchaResu style causing it to target some of the same talents as South of the Border. SOTBPW and its owner Jorge Ibanez are known for being incredibly flashly spenders and this has drawn the ire of WLW, especially as WLW attempts to break into the Mexican market. With both companies having never-ending war chests at their disposal, this hositility could turn to war.

Joey Morgan Extends Deal

"The Iron Horse" Joey Morgan and Supreme Wrestling Federation ended weeks of speculation when it was announced they had come to terms on a new contract. While the terms of the deal were not immediately made public, it is known to be an exclusive contract that will keep the forty-one year old Morgan in the Supreme stable for the next several years. Morgan has been an SWF employee since 2015 and has twice been the North American Champion and once been the World Tag Team Champion with Marshall Dillon. He is also well known as the mentor of current CWL wrestler KC Glenn.

Unread 08-10-2019, 03:12 PM
All Star

Author's Note: First, I'd like to give a special thanks to Togg who made the graphics and layout for the new world news posts for me. He even taught me how to properly use that layout so I can add news stories! Second, my goal now that I'm firmly entrenched in Cult -- and because it's been asked for -- is to update the readers on what's going on in the C-Verse at large, so as there are signings or news I feel is interesting, I'll post it here. I will also start posting the quick results for the major companies Big Events (not going to do their weekly TV, but their monthly big shows I will.)

Feel free to leave feedback or to request specific kinds of news to be kept updated on.
Unread 08-10-2019, 11:49 PM
All Star

Default SNSM Ep 122

Available on NCTV
Week 2, November 2023.
Filmed at: Ellison’s [Hawaii, USA]
In Attendance: 5,000 [SELL OUT]
Rating: 2.64 [1,981,110 viewers]

LB: Hello and welcome to another exciting and thrill-packed episode of Saturday Night Slammasters.

Quote:

Father Grim and Torment were shrouded in darkness. Only a small light provided any sort of sight. Grim spoke of Matty Faith. Of what he was going to have to overcome at Thanksgiving Thunder. Torment is a man unleashed. A monster unchained. The embodiment of the pain the Lord holds for sinners. Killer Shark fell, but Torment has risen to the heights of the business. Matty Faith will know what it feels like to fall like Torment had to fall.

Opening Match
Singles Match
Fifteen Minute time Limit

“The Hillbilly Hammer” Clyde Puder versus “Lover Boy” Bret Heartbreak

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Clyde Puder defeated Bret Heartbreak in 6:10 by pinfall with a Patriot Powerslam.

Quote:

The Uprising were backstage and are very confident about their upcoming Women’s Tag Team Title opportunity at Thanksgiving Thunder. They are going to become the first two-time Women’s Tag team Champions and there isn’t a damn thing Amber Allen or Jaime Quine can do to change that.

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

“Latin Sensation” Leon Pena versus Sgt. Bison ©

In a bout that had great wrestling but didn't have much heat, Leon Pena defeated Sgt. Bison in 19:20 by pinfall with an Easy Palm Strike after a distraction from Jakob Yoder. Leon Pena wins the CWL Television title.

Quote:

Mikey James is confident going into Thanksgiving Thunder. He believes that he is the best Junior Heavyweight in the World and at Thanksgiving Thunder he will prove that by beating both Alexander Vasquez and Jimmy Stratosphere. Both of his opponents are very talented, but the Dragon will not be slain.

Singles Match

“The Troubador” Floyd Reeves versus Ash Campbell w/ Lisa Bowen

In a bout that had great wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Ash Campbell defeated Floyd Reeves in 9:22 by pinfall with a Shooting Star Press.

Quote:

The Devil’s Rejects are backstage. They talk about being back together. About how they’ve been riding up and down the road together once again and have reclaimed the North American Tag Team Titles. At Thanksgiving Thunder, they’ve got an eightman tag match against The Cummos and The Heartbreak Express. The Rejects are going to beat ‘em and keep on riding.

Singles Match

“The Juice” O.J. Morris versus AG4000

In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and non-existent crowd heat, O.J. Morris defeated AG4000 in 6:09 by pinfall.

Main Event
Six Man Tag
Twenty Minute Time Limit

“The Evolution” Primus Allen & Georgia Bulldogs versus Bowen Services w/ Lisa Bowen

In a bout that had great wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Primus Allen and Georgia Bulldogs drew with Bowen Services (Franklin Rush, Cameron Vessey and Casey Valentine) in 20:00 when the time limit expired.

Franklin Rush was the weak link, struggling to keep up with everyone else's in-ring performance.

Overall