Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-25-2019, 08:27 PM
All Star

Default SNSM Ep 87

Available on the Synergy Network, Southern States TV, & Hawaii 50
Week 4, February 2023.
Filmed at: The Arkansas Coliseum[South East, USA]
In Attendance: 2,000 [SELL OUT]
Rating: .63 [479,730 viewers]
Commentators: Lee Bambino & Ricky Dale Johnson

LB: Hello and welcome to Saturday Night Slammasters! We are directly on the heels of No Law or Order 8 -- which you can order on demand right now via the OnDem Network and believe me it's a show you will want to see! Tonight, The Devil's Rejects are scheduled to address CWL, plus Ladies Night will battle The Uprising in our main event, David Stone is in action and so much more.

Opening Match
Singles Match
Fifteen Minute Time Limit

“Blue Collar” Ray Badell versus Sgt. Bison

In a bout that had decent wrestling but non-existent crowd heat, Sgt. Bison defeated Ray Badell in 9:33 by pinfall.

Quote:

Jaime Quine cuts a backstage promo.

Tag Team Match

Tex-Mex versus Missy Masterson & Hellcat Hernandez

In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, Tex-Mex defeated Missy Masterson and Hellcat Hernandez in 9:57 when Houston Handley defeated Missy Masterson by pinfall with a Houston's Problem.

Singles Match

“The Canadian Wrestling Machine” David Stone versus Robin Roberts

In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, David Stone defeated Robin Roberts in 9:40 by submission with a Stone Ankle Stretch.

Quote:

The Devil's Rejects cut a backstage promo.

Main Event
Tag Team Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Ladies Night versus The Uprising

In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, Ladies Night defeated The Uprising in 14:28 when Danielle Sweetheart defeated Talia Quinzel by pinfall with a Super Kick.

Overall

Unread 05-26-2019, 11:00 AM
All Star

New Broadcasting Deal

Continental Wrestling League has signed a new deal with NCTV to begin broadcasting Saturday
Night Slammasters. This is a great opportunity for CWL programming as it puts its show on one channel that is nationwide in the United States.

SHARE THIS:

New World Women’s Champion

Megumi Nakajima defeated Alicia Strong at STARDOM: Be a Player! to win the GWC World Women’s Championship. Nakajima is also currently the WCWG Triple Crown Champion. The thirty-six year old is an eighteen year pro who is most known for the sixteen years she spent employed by 5SWW -- where she won the All-Asian Championship three times, the Tag Team Championship once and is a two-time 5SWW World Champion. She is also a former WAW World Women’s Champion and a P-Girls World and Wrestling Spirit Champion. Alicia Strong had managed a record breaking 13 defenses in her six-month reign as World Women’s Champion.

SHARE THIS:

New Junior Heavyweight Champion

Leo Loynes defeated Steven Stewart to win the vacant TGL Texas Junior Heavyweight Championship.

SHARE THIS:

Companies Rise and Fall

Total Championship Wrestling has been reclassified as ‘National’ as opposed to Cult, whereas their competitor Supreme Wrestling Federation has been reclassified as ‘Cult’ as opposed to National. 21st Century Wrestling has also been reclassified as ‘National’ as opposed to International.

SHARE THIS:

Unread 05-28-2019, 05:52 PM
All Star

She eased her bruised, battered, tired body into the Epson-salt laden hot water. It had been a long couple of days for the now former World Women's Champion. She sighed as she sank into the full tub. Her eyes half closed. It was late Sunday or early Monday morning. She couldn't be sure which. All she knew was that on Saturday, in the United States, she and Amber Allen beat the hell out of each other in front of nearly ten thousand screaming fans. Allen is an incredible worker, on the shortlist of best female wrestlers on the planet, and Strong knew that she had to give Amber a match befitting that status. So she did. Amber is a technician. Suplexes and holds and very realistic working. Everything had to be snug. Alicia was fine with that. She had learned under the Sensational One herself. She knew how to lay her stuff in, how to make it look real and protect the business -- something women had a bigger responsibility for. Mainstream crowds, at least in the United States, had not been taught to respect women's wrestling. It was the popcorn match. The fluff. Hell, two of the three biggest companies in the United States *still* did not have a women's division.

So she and Amber had protected the business. Their match was highly competitive and athletic and a sport. She won, took a quick shower, got in a car and went to the airport so she could catch a flight directly to Japan where she could go right to the venue, change and have twenty minutes to stretch before she went to the ring and had another war, this one with Megumi Nakajima. No real downtime between the two matches. No time for her body to really heal. That was then, though. Now, she was a couple of hours removed from the match. Her flight was tomorrow. She could just soak in this bathtub. She could let the salt and hot water work their magic on her body.

She sighed again. She had made thirteen successful defenses of the World Women's Championship. She had been a good champion. A fighting champion. She had gone everywhere the organization had asked her to go. She had logged thousands of miles in the air. She had wrestled whom they asked her to wrestle and had good to great matches each outing. She had done her job. With her loss tonight, she had earned herself a little vacation. A little time to herself. A little time for her to let her body heal from the nagging injuries that build up over the course of the months with no break in professional wrestling.

"Hey Siri," she said and her iPhone whatever model -- she could hardly remember anymore, came to life. "Play 'The Original Angel -- The Anne Stardust Story'." Her Siri confirmed her selection the audiobook picked up right where she had left off on the flight. She was still fairly early in the book. Anne was preparing for her first real big singles match against fellow women's icon Heidi Brooks. Strong had met both women, but couldn't say she liked either of them or knew either of them well, but still -- Alicia did have a deep appreciation for the history of this business, particularly the women in it.

She sank deeper into the water until just her ears and nose and closed eyes remained above it. Her vacation started now and she had earned it.
Unread 05-28-2019, 07:36 PM
All Star

Default SNSM Ep 88

Available on NCTV
Week 1, March 2023.
Filmed at: The Den [New England, USA]
In Attendance: 1,543
Rating:

LB: Hello and welcome to Saturday Night Slammasters on our brand new home, NCTV! Thank you all for joining us tonight. We’re coming to you from The Den for a major show. In our main event, David Stone goes one on one with Torment. Tonight we see the return of Ox Mastadon and we’re supposed to hear from the new Director of Match Making here in CWL.

RDJ: It’s been very tight lipped around the CWL headquarters about who this match maker is. I can’t wait to find out.

LB: Well we will find out tonight!

Opening Match
Singles Match

Lucy Stone-McFly versus Selina Svelte

In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, Lucy Stone-McFly defeated Selina Svelte in 12:04 by pinfall with a Delorean Driver.

Quote:

The crowd is buzzing after Lucy Stone-McFly’s victory over Selina Svelte when the sound of a cowbell ringing fills The Den and the legendary wrestler himself, “Pistol” Pete Hall comes walking down the ramp. The crowd is incredibly excited to see one of the true legends of the sport.

PH: Well howdy! Y’all know who I am and I’m here ‘cause I’m the brand new matchmaker for Continental Wrestling League! That’s right! I’m the boss now and I’ve got big things in store for the CWL. First thing I’ve got -- I’m announcing a brand new championship. That’s right! CWL’s getting a new belt. The Television Title. Only defended right here on Saturday Night Slammasters on NCTV!

He takes a pause for a second.

PH: But the TV title is gonna have some special rules. See, if you win the TV title and then defend it seven times you automatically get a shot at the United States Championship! That’s right! You gotta win it and hold on to it for seven additional weeks -- and then you give up the belt and you get a chance at the United States title. Doesn’t that seem right? We will have an eight man tournament, starting next week, to crown the first ever TV Champion! I can’t wait.

Quote:

We are taken to a prerecorded video. We are in some sort of barn structure. There’s a wrestling ring in the barn as well as other various pieces of exercise and training equipment. The barn has no doors -- so while it has a roof and some side walls, it is also open into the air. The Diaz Cousins, Logan and James, are in front of the camera.

LD: We know what the world wants to know. They want to know why we did it. Why’d we get involved in the Cage Warfare. Why’d we do what we did. Why’d we put the boots to those Homegrown boys. Well allow us to answer all your questions right now. We did it ‘cause we wanted to send a message. We wanted the world to understand what the Diaz Cousins are about. See, y’all forgot. CWL has been growing. Getting bigger names. On NCTV and OnDem now. Getting more and more momentum. So y’all done forgot about the Diaz Cousins. Forgot about what we’re capable of.

JD: Forgot about what we have done and what we’re going to continue to do.

LD: You’re damn right James. What we’re going to continue to do. So everyone. The whole locker room. Y’all on notice now. The Diaz Cousins ain’t playing ‘round any more. We ain’t messing ‘round with any of y’all. We’re gonna make sure all y’all remember just what me and James are capable of. That y’all remember just who the hell we are. Homegrown.. We’re starting with y’all.

Tag Team Match

The Cummos versus European Stretching Crew

In a bout that had decent wrestling but non-existent crowd heat, The Cummos defeated European Stretching Crew in 14:35 when Kurt Cummo defeated Pavel Vanzycha by pinfall with a Bat Fist.

Singles Match

Masked Stranger versus Ox Mastadon w/ Lisa Bowen

In a poor match, Ox Mastadon defeated Masked Stranger in 9:35 by pinfall with a Ten Ton Splash.

Main Event
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

“The Canadian Wrestling Machine” David Stone versus Torment w/ Father Grim

In a bout that had superb wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Torment defeated David Stone in 10:27 by pinfall with a Big Bite.

Overall

Unread 05-28-2019, 07:43 PM
All Star

Brackets for the Television Title Tournament Revealed

On the 88th episode of Saturday Night Slammasters, newly minted matchmaker "Pistol" Pete Hall announced the formation of the Television Championship. The tournament begins next week on Saturday Night Slammasters.

SHARE THIS:

Major Main Event Signed

Because of Bowen Services' win at No Law or Order 8, they've been granted several championship opportunities. On the upcoming Saturday Night Slammasters, Cameron Vessey and Jeffery Aroma will get an opportunity to challenge for the vacant World Tag Team Championships. Their opponents? The Keith Brothers. This should be an incredible match up -- and not one you want to miss!

SHARE THIS:

New Champions Crowned

Precious Metals have won the vacant Texas Tag Team Titles. This is their second reign with the titles -- and they are hoping this reign is more successful than their previous reign.

SHARE THIS:

New Champion Crowned

Jared Montoya defeated Florus Lefevre to become the TGL Brass Knuckles Champion. Florus had managed ten successful defenses before losing the championship.

SHARE THIS:

Champagne Lover Gone

Champagne Lover has officially left SOTBPW. The biggest star in not only lucha libre, but in professional wrestling did not sign with another company. He is said to be focusing on his movie career. Time will tell how long the 41 year old is away from the ring.

SHARE THIS:

Unread 05-29-2019, 01:23 AM
Super Star

Well that Pistol Pete Hall looks suspiciously a lot like RDJ...

Never thought of the Diaz Cousins having an accent. Weird, but fine. Also, Ox Mastadon is back and no fanfare? No shocking big PPV return?

Tournament predictions
Glenn def. Vanzycha
Luis Cummo def. Svensson
Vasquez def. Stranger
Kurt Cummo def. Hadley

Glenn def. Cummo
Vasquez def. Cummo

Vasquez def. Glenn and builds up to a title rematch with Funakoshi
Unread 05-29-2019, 04:53 AM
Major League

Oh good, only 13 pages to catch up on!
Unread 05-29-2019, 06:57 AM
Phenom

Glenn over Vanzycha
L Cummo over Svensson
Vasquez over Stranger
Hadley over K Cummo

Glenn over L Cummo
Vasquez over Hadley

Glenn over Vasquez
Unread 05-29-2019, 12:13 PM
All Star

Default SNSM Ep 89

Available on NCTV
Week 2, March 2023.
Filmed at: Irvine Hall [Mid South, USA]
In Attendance: 5,000 [SELL OUT]
Rating: 1.23 [925,180 viewers]

LB: Hello and welcome to Saturday Night Slammasters on NCTV! I’m Lee Bambino and I’m joined in the broadcast booth by Ricky Dale Johnson. Tonight, the Television Title tournament begins and in our main event we have a massive World Tag Team Title Match!

RDJ: That’s right. The Global Wrestling Council has sanctioned CWL to be the organization that fills the vacant World Tag Team Titles. Will it be Bowen Services? Will it be the Keith Brothers? There is only one way to find out -- and that’s to stick with the show.

Opening Match
Singles Match
Television Title Tournament Round One

KC Glenn versus Pavel Vanzycha

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, KC Glenn defeated Pavel Vanzycha in 13:03 by pinfall with a Tune Up The Sunshine Band.

Quote:

JQ: I’m an honest woman. At the Seventh Anniversary, I lost. Fair and square. I may not have been pinned or made to submit -- but I lost according to the rules of the match and I’m not complaining about it, but I know Brooke Tyler. Brooke Tyler wants to be considered the best. To do that, she’s still got to beat me in a singles match. Wrestling Summit VIII is only a few weeks away… So what do you say Brooke?

Singles Match
Television Title Tournament Round One

“The Hawaiian Heartthrob” Luis Cummo versus “Swedish Strong Style” Nigel Svensson

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Nigel Svensson defeated Luis Cummo in 12:15 by submission with a Hyper Extension Arm Lock.

Quote:

A pretaped backstage interview in front of the CWL backdrop. Both members of Homegrown looked angry -- and time ticks by without them saying anything. Just staring at the camera. Finally, Clyde talks.

CP: Logan...James… Payback...Payback is gonna be hell.

Main Event
Tag Team Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit

The Keith Brothers versus Bowen Services w/ Lisa Bowen

In a bout that had superb wrestling and good heat, Cameron Vessey and Jeffery Aroma defeated The Keith Brothers in 21:49 when Cameron Vessey defeated Greg Keith by pinfall with a Vessey Driver II after Lisa Bowen interfered. During the match we also had Franklin Rush run in and attack Keith. Cameron Vessey and Jeffery Aroma win the GWC World Tag Team titles.

Jeffery Aroma was the weak link, struggling to keep up with everyone else's in-ring performance.

Overall

Unread 05-29-2019, 04:29 PM
All Star

Default SNSM Ep 90

Available on NCTV
Week 3, March 2023.
Filmed at: War Memorial[Mid West, USA]
In Attendance: 2,000 [SELL OUT]
Rating: 1.18 [889,170 viewers]

LB: Hello and welcome to another thrill packed edition of Saturday Night Slammasters here on NCTV! We are coming to you from the beautiful War Memorial Auditorium. Tonight, we will finish the first round of the Television Title tournament as Masked Stranger takes on Alexander Vasquez and Hammer Hadley takes on Kurt Cummo. Plus, Ash Campbell in singles action in our main event.

RDJ: And we are just one week away from the eighth annual Wrestling Summit. We know that Spencer Spade is going to challenge Riley McManus for the North American Heavyweight Championship, but we don’t know what the stipulation of the match will be. We’re supposed to find out tonight.

Opening Match
Singles Match
Television Title Tournament Opening Round

Masked Stranger versus “The Butcher” Alexander Vasquez

In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, Masked Stranger defeated Alexander Vasquez in 8:46 by disqualification.

Singles Match

Kurt Cummo versus Hammer Hadley

In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Hammer Hadley defeated Kurt Cummo in 11:44 by stoppage when Kurt Cummo could not continue.

Quote:

KH: I’ve been waiting for this opportunity for years. Singles gold. To continue the Devil’s Rejects legacy, to continue carving out our territory. Funakoshi. You’ve got your work cut out for you, and as good as you are, I don’t think you’re gon’ be able to stop me.

Singles Match

“The Queen of Hearts” Danielle Sweetheart versus Tiffany Jade

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Danielle Sweetheart defeated Tiffany Jade in 12:25 by pinfall with a fast roll up.

Quote:

LB: Next week, at Wrestling Summit VIII, my client Spencer Spade -- the Supreme Star -- is going to win back the North American Heavyweight Championship. How do I know this? Because I got to pick the stipulation and I picked… A LADDER MATCH! For the first time ever in Continental Wrestling League, the North American Heavyweight Championship will be suspended above the ring and Riley McManus and Spencer Spade will beat the hell out each other so that in the end, only one of them can climb the ladder and retrieve the championship.

Main Event
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

“Blue Collar” Ray Badell versus Ash Campbell w/ Lisa Bowen

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Ash Campbell defeated Ray Badell in 9:44 by pinfall with a Shooting Star Press.

Overall

Unread 05-29-2019, 04:47 PM
All Star

CARD FOR PREDICTIONS

Wrestling Summit VIII
Spade-McManus II
Saturday Week 4, March 2023
Live from the Theatre of Dreams
Broadcast by OnDem

Main Event
Singles Match
Sixty Minute Time Limit
Ladder Match
North American Heavyweight Championship
"The Supreme Star" Spencer Spade w/ Lisa Bowen versus "The Cornerstone" Riley McManus (c)
Comment:

Co Main Event
Singles Match
Sixty Minute Time Limit
GWC World Heavyweight Championship
Ash Campbell w/ Lisa Bowen versus "The Boss" Ross Henry (c)
Comment:

Grudge Match
Tag Team Match
Forty-Five Minute Time Limit
North American Tag Team Championship
The Diaz Cousins versus Homegrown (c)
Comment:

Grudge Match
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
Matthew Keith versus "Flawless" Franklin Rush w/ Lisa Bowen
Comment:

Six Man Tag Team Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
World Six Man Championship
The Mission & David Stone versus The Fallen (c) w/ Father Grim
Comment:

Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
North American Women's Championship
Jaime Quine versus "The Franchise" Brooke Tyler (c)
Comment:

15 Woman Mayhem Battle Royal
Thirty Minute Time Limit
Number One Contender To the Women's Championship
Featuring: Danielle Sweetheart, Maria Guest, Tiffany Jade, Missy Masteron, Lucy Stone-McFly and ten other women.
Comment:

Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
United States Championship
Keith Holly w/ February Malaise versus "Lionheart" Funakoshi (c)
Comment:

Special Challenge
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Floyd Reeves versus "The Second Generation Superstar" Cameron Vessey w/ Lisa Bowen
Comment:

Opening Match
20 Man Battle Royal
Thirty Minute Time Limit
$10,000 Prize To Winner
Featuring: Jeffery Aroma, Greg Keith, KC Glenn, Ox Mastadon, Johnny Anderson and fifteen other CWL wrestlers.
Comment:
Unread 05-29-2019, 04:57 PM
All Star

Main Event
Singles Match
Sixty Minute Time Limit
Ladder Match
"The Supreme Star" Spencer Spade w/ Lisa Bowen versus "The Cornerstone" Riley McManus (c)
Comment:

Co Main Event
Singles Match
Sixty Minute Time Limit
Comment:

Grudge Match
Tag Team Match
Comment:

Grudge Match
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
Comment:

Six Man Tag Team Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
Comment:

Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
Comment:

Thirty Minute Time Limit
Featuring: Danielle Sweetheart, Maria Guest, Tiffany Jade, Missy Masteron, Lucy Stone-McFly and ten other women.
Comment:

Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
Comment:

Special Challenge
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Floyd Reeves versus "The Second Generation Superstar" Cameron Vessey w/ Lisa Bowen
Comment:

Opening Match
20 Man Battle Royal
Thirty Minute Time Limit
$10,000 Prize To Winner
Featuring: Jeffery Aroma, Greg Keith, KC Glenn, Ox Mastadon, Johnny Anderson and fifteen other CWL wrestlers.
Comment:
Unread 05-29-2019, 05:31 PM
Super Star

What a card... show must be at least 2 hours long for all that to go down!

Ladder Match
Comment: I'm having trouble seeing how Riley can win this, but I really don't think he won the title just to lose it immediately back to Spade

Comment: Ross has been built up and isn't losing this. Not to Campbell

Comment: Cousins cement their heel turn with a win

Comment: He's Flawless

Comment: Proper stable vs tag team plus one

Comment: Jamie had her time, it's Brooke's turn now

Comment: It seems El Historian has a soft spot for her

Comment: Holly'll be seeing butterflies after that backbreaker

Comment: Floyd Reeves? The Troubadour? He's back?

20 Man Battle Royal
Comment: These matches are big man matches first and foremost, Ox needs to come back with a bang
Unread 05-30-2019, 05:22 AM
Major League

Not quite up-to-date yet, but I just read the Anniversary show and HAD to comment!
  1. My girl Jaime Quine got screwed!
  2. I almost popped out loud (at work) when you announced Ross Henry vs Tommy Cornell! It may not have been what you wanted to do on this show, but IMO it was even better!
  3. Spencer Spade coming out to Avenged Sevenfold made me love him even more! Not my favourite song by them, but they're one of my favourite bands, if not my favourite!
  4. Go on, Riley! #MrCWL
Unread 05-30-2019, 06:39 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post
A Tour of the Top Six Companies In The World

Top Five Stars: Rocky Golden, Joanne Rodriguez, The Force, Joshua Taylor, and Adam Matravers [signed from 21CW]

Current Champions
USPW World -- Davis Wayne Newton
USPW National -- Darryl Moore
USPW Television -- Eddie Howard [x2]
USPW Women’s -- Pamela Rojo
USPW Tag Team - Roger Cage & Darryl Moore

Top Five Stars: J-B Cash, Jonathan Faust, Adam Matravers [Headed to USPW], Stevie Stoat, and Sebastian Koller

Current Champions
21CW World -- Buff Martinez
21CW United Kingdom - Ricky Storm
21CW Tag Team - Harry Wilson & Nate Manchester

Top Five Stars -- Buddy Garner, Magnum Kobe, Emerald Angel, Masa Kurata, and Razan Okamoto

Current Champions
WLW Universal - Panda Mask II
That's all I needed to read! My boy, Panda Mask II, the main champion in the third biggest company in the world? Best game world ever!

Quote:

Her small hands gripped the ring skirt. Her eyes were partially hidden behind the glamorous sunglasses she wore to ringside as part of her gimmick. They, like normal, matches her whole outfit. Everything had to match. She put a lot of time and effort into planning out her outfits and tonight was the Seventh Anniversary. Tonight’s outfit had to be extra special. While she was not on the initial roster for CWL, she had been here for a long time. She had joined them in December of 2016, just before they ended their first year of operation, right after Sam Keith had told her that he was finishing her up. That had been six years ago. In that time, she had managed a lot of talent. The Gods of Thunder. Primus Allen. The Ring Generals. The list goes on and on. She had managed champions. She’d been on shows four or five times. She’d managed in the main events of the Anniversary Show, Wrestling Summit, Gold Rush… All of the big shows. She was the featured manager of the organization.

Tonight was probably the biggest night for her. The main event of the Seventh Anniversary. Ringside for what she knew was going to be the biggest moment of her husband’s career -- and she was getting to watch it while managing his opponent. Their relationship was not brought up on camera. It was a behind the scenes thing. They didn’t make it a storyline or use it to sell tickets. It was for them, it wasn’t for the public. It didn’t have to be, but it made moments like this more challenging. She couldn’t react in the way she wanted. She had to stay in character. She couldn’t be Lisa McManus -- she had to be Lisa Bowen.

So she threw her hands into her hair as Riley grunted and lifted Spencer up. She waved her hands to try to beg Riley not to do it as he dropped Spencer shin-first over the top rope and Spencer ricocheted, or slingshotted, back up and Riley carried him over for the biggest, most important slingshot suplex of his career. They landed with a loud thud in the center of the ring. The carpet-covered wooden beams giving such a great sound that echoed off the walls of the Theatre of Dreams.

She leaned against the apron and yelled at Spencer. She played her role as her husband -- covered in sweat and with red welts over his chest from the stiff chops of Spencer Spade -- collapsed ontop of his downed opponent. She was supposed to try to will Spencer to kick out. So she threw all of her energy into that. “Spencer! Get up! Kick out! Spencer!” She called out. She begged. Her voice carrying over the silence of a building that was holding its collective breath.

Darren Smith slid into position. He was the best referee in American pro wrestling history. Four times he was voted referee of the year. He’d been refereeing for over forty years. He was the man who refereed all of SWF’s top matches for three decades. Countless title matches. Countless main events. Here he was, his eyes on Spencer’s shoulders. His hand came up and came down.

One.

“Spencer, please! Spencer!”

Two.

“Spencer. Now. His hand is coming down. Spencer!”

Three.

As if on cue, the collective breath was released and the crowd exploded and she played the part of the defeated manager and collapsed to her knees. Her hands holding the apron skirt. Her face resting against it. If you were behind her, you couldn’t see her face. Her body language; though, told you she was beside herself that her charge had lost. Her face… her face told a different story. She couldn’t stop smiling. Hot tears tried to spill out behind clinched eyes.

Riley had worked unbelievably hard for Robert Oxford over the past seven years. He had poured everything he was into this company. When he said that in promos, the fans responded because they knew it was true. They had seen it. They had seen him grow sure of himself. He had come to them as the twenty-nine year old technician that had been a good hand in the Mid Atlantic area and a standout in the Georgia independent scene but had never been the guy anywhere. Through circumstances beyond his control, he had to carry the ball for Oxford and he never let it go. He never complained about the workload. For years, Riley had lived behind the company headquarters so he could be the first to the building and the last to leave. For years, Riley had done whatever was asked. He bled when he was asked. He turned heel when he was asked. He did the job when he was asked. He was a company man and tonight -- in front of the largest crowd CWL had ever produced, he got to win the North American Heavyweight Championship for the third time -- but the first time since they had been on TV. The first time since they became CWL and not RMW. The first time for a national audience and not just the Northwest.

She pushed herself back to her feet and moved around the ring to where Spencer Spade was selling on the floor. She had to help him to the back. She wanted to get in the ring and throw her arms around her husband. She wanted to tell him that she loved him and she was proud of him. She wanted to let him know that he deserved this moment. Instead, she pulled Spencer Spade up to his feet and looked at Riley in the ring. He was standing on the middle rope in one of the corners -- facing her and Spencer. The beautiful, Christian Shane designed belt held over his head. The proud warrior.

“I hate you, Riley McManus! I hate you!” She screamed with all the vitriol she could manage. He lowered the belt and looked right at her and Spencer. He smiled and kissed the championship. It was meant to be insulting to Spencer. Riley was the man now. He had ended the Supreme Star’s reign. Lisa and Spencer sold it as such, but inside, Lisa couldn’t be happier.

“We’ll get you, Riley! You won’t last!” She gave one last cry out before she and Spencer disappeared behind the curtain to let Riley have his moment in the spotlight. With the crowd out of sight, she no longer had to be Lisa Bowen. Now she was Lisa McManus and now the tears she had been holding back, the tears of joy and of pride could flow without shame.
Man, what a narrative! I'm still pulling for a Bowen face turn and union with her husband!

Quote:

Hunter Released

Hailey Hunter was released from her contract with CWL. This was said to be primarily based off of her recent performances. CWL management was displeased with her attitude backstage and how she was performing during her segments on Saturday Night Slammasters.

SHARE THIS:

This took me by surprise! Then I looked back over her recent segments, and I hadn't noticed how below-par they had been...

Quote:

What A Week For Larry McFly

Larry McFly defeated AG4000 to win the Texas Junior Heavyweight Championship and the next night he and Eddie Carter teamed up to defeat The Precious Metals for the Texas Tag Team Championship. In that match, McFly suffered a back injury that will keep him out of action for over two months and he was forced to vacate both championships.

SHARE THIS:

Wow! What a week!

Quote:

Opening Match
Singles Match

Masked Stranger versus “The Butcher” Alexander Vasquez

In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, Masked Stranger defeated Alexander Vasquez in 8:46 by disqualification.
Well, damn! I had Vasquez beating Glenn in the final when I saw the bracket!

Quote:
CARD FOR PREDICTIONS

Wrestling Summit VIII
Spade-McManus II
Saturday Week 4, March 2023
Live from the Theatre of Dreams
Broadcast by OnDem

Main Event
Singles Match
Sixty Minute Time Limit
Ladder Match
Comment: Although a back-and-forth title-trading story would be something new for CWL, I don't think it fits right here. (Can we get a Bowen face turn and push Spade off the ladder please?)

Co Main Event
Singles Match
Sixty Minute Time Limit
Comment: Again, too soon to make the switch.

Grudge Match
Tag Team Match
Comment: Homegrown have had the titles for a while, and the Diaz heel turn loses a lot of steam if they lose straight out the gate. They could lose by DQ, I suppose...

Grudge Match
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
Comment: Rush has been booked super strong since his return, I feel like you have big plans for him.

Six Man Tag Team Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
Comment: The Fallen are more of a unit, so should retain.

Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
Comment: I want Quine to win, but I don't think she will.

Thirty Minute Time Limit
Comment: You seem pretty high on The Tooth Fairy, so let's go with her...

Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
Comment: Just keep the title on Funakoshi forever.

Special Challenge
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Comment: Floyd who?

Opening Match
20 Man Battle Royal
Thirty Minute Time Limit
$10,000 Prize To Winner
Comment: He's back, and potentially going on a tear!
Glad to finally be up-to-date (hooray for having a computer screen at work positioned so no-one entering the office can see it!), it was a thoroughly enjoyable ordeal to read all 13 pages I was behind!