Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-28-2018, 02:13 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
Heck (In a Seck) of a show there, to4sty! That sneaky Pillman does it again! Why do I have the feeling that we're getting Austin/Pillman at Mania for the gold...

Dug Raven/Snake man as well. Raven's Rules at Survivor Series?

That Ahmed injury is a killer. You can still protect him by having his feuds mostly be angles, but doesn't help a guy who is a bit lost in the stable shuffle right now. I didn't think he'd hold the belt for much longer - even before the injury - but maybe a switch comes sooner than later?
Without really spoiling anything, I can virtually guarantee that while we may well see Pillman vs. Austin for the WWF Title at some point, it won't be at Wrestlemania....as I found out during their previous Wrestlemania match, they have terrible chemistry as opponents and only scraped a B+ grade, not something I want happening at Mania....maybe an IYH but certainly not the big one.....

....incidentally I am kind of bummed about that, they were originally slated to go coast to coast at mania's.....Opening Wrestlemania XIII and then closing Wrestlemania XIV....that was my original plan anyway until their stinky match happened....

....the Ahmed injury was a bummer too, although with as injury prone as he was I'm surprised it didn't happen earlier....fortunately he had a defined story arc planned out which is nearly at an end so it's not the end of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejus View Post
Really good job with Badd Blood, man! Pillman is really looking like a big time contender after that, and I wonder if and when the trigger will get pulled on him. Perhaps instead of the Austin Era starting at this WrestleMania, we will see the Loose Cannon Era instead? Hmmm... Not surprised at Ahmed hurting himself too, that guy really did have some of the worst luck in the business when it came to staying healthy. And oh yeah don't think I won't mention my boy Hall! Huge win for him that hopefully lets him get some shine in the Wolfpac. Finally, I have to give a big shout out to the Raven and Roberts match. Though with Raven being involved, and since the priest has actually come into play, I'm waiting on him to have been played by Stevie Richards all along and he's gonna turn on Jake at the Survivor Series. Hopefully I haven't given something away that you'd planned for, but if not, feel free to use that one!

Until you get back, have fun on vacation with the to4sts!

Scott Steiner
British Bulldog - Davey Boy has been fairly absent lately, this could be a nice win to put some spotlight back on him.
Rich Steiner
New Age Outlaws - The Cinderella Story ends just as abruptly as it began.
Jake Roberts
Ken Shamrock
Pillman is really turned into a hell of a worker.....he's the number one franchise player, over like rover, star power through the roof, entertainment skills that are all pretty much maxed out....all in all he has World Champion written all over him....

....Hall is about a week out from finally being fully fit, and while he does have that time decline problem he's still putting on decent enough matches that it's not too much of a problem just yet....plus he's a bit of a sentimental favourite of mine.....

....the Jake/Raven storyline I'm really taking day by day since Jake could turn up coked out of his gourd any minute and ruin the whole thing....this has been really fun though, two of my all time favourites going at it.....and with the performances Raven has been putting on he's a dark horse candidate for a shot at the big one too....

....good pick on the Outlaws regaining the gold too
Unread 10-03-2018, 05:07 PM
Major League

Week 4, October 1997
New Haven Coliseum (New Haven, Connecticut)
ATT: 11,000
TV: 18.92
Announce Team: Tony Schiavone, Bobby Heenan and Mike Tenay

Quote:

It's that time again folks....it's Monday night.....it's Monday Nitro.....and tonight's show opens with the now familiar sound of the Titans of Wrestling's entrance music....except for once it's not the entire group that comes out, instead it's the inspirational leader of the group Vince Russo, along with the Titan Figurehead and WCW Champion, Hollywood Hulk Hogan....

....the pair make their way down the aisle, but it's a stark contrast to the usual cocky swagger that Hogan possesses....in fact, he looks deadly serious....and as he climbs into the ring there is no pomp and circumstances, simply Russo with a microphone as Hogan paces behind him....

.....Russo quickly disregards the jeering crowd, telling the monkeys in the back to put down their peanuts, do their job.....and play the footage that he gave them, before indicating to the big Turnertron at the top of the entrance ramp.....

.....it takes a moment but the screen finally flickers into life to show the chaotic ending to last weeks show.....specifically the shot of Jean Paul Levesque laying out Hollywood with a steel chair......then the same shot again, except at a slower speed......and again, slower still.....and on this viewing we clearly see not only Chris Benoit move out of the way of Levesque's attack, but Levesque seeing that he has moved, hesitating briefly......and then nailing Hogan with the chair regardless.....

.....Russo says that it's fairly clear to see that while Hollywood (being the magnanimous individual that he is) was willing to forgive and forget an accidental chair shot between friends, it looks to Vince Russo that there was NOTHING accidental about that shot......Hogan grabs the microphone there, telling Levesque to get his ass out here......he's left the other Titans in the back, it's time the two of them had a little man to man talk......

......predictably it doesn't take long for Levesque to answer the call.....and he strides right down the aisle to meet the WCW Champion face to face.....

.....Levesque grabs a microphone of his own, telling Hogan (with a somewhat cocky smirk on his face) that he doesn't know what he's seeing.....

".....I mean, I know that the eyes are the first things to go as you get older, but that was clearly an accident......"

....Hogan either doesn't hear, or chooses to ignore the age dig, telling Levesque that the way he sees it, what happened last week was Jean Paul seeing an opportunity to try and weaken the WCW Champion ahead of Halloween Havoc and taking that opportunity in both hands.....

".....what it looked like to me brother....was that Jean Paul Levesque knew that he had no chance in hell of beating the Icon of professional wrestling, and instead or respecting the chain of command, you chose to cross a line Dude....."

......Levesque actually laughs out loud at that comment, saying that he hasn't "respected the chain of command" in a long time.....in fact, he learned from one of the best in the business that respect doesn't get you jack....you wanna get to the top in this business then you've got to buck tradition.....spit in the face of authority.............and choose your clique wisely..........Levesque says that he chose his clique here in WCW when he put on the Titan's colours...he says that he WAS a Titan of Wrestling......he IS a Titan of Wrestling......and he will STILL be a Titan of Wrestling come Sunday night, when he steps into the ring with Hollywood Hogan......

".....and as for the shot with the steel chair........was it, wasn't it.......Hollywood, I can honestly say, hand on heart......that when I wrapped that steel chair around your head last week, it was completely accidental......just like when you "accidentally" hit me in the back of the head with a baseball bat a few weeks ago.......right?.....brother?......"

.....now it's Hogan's time to smirk, telling Levesque that when he puts it like that, how can he not believe it.....he says that accidents happen.....clearly he was mistaken......

.....Hogan holds out his hand, telling Levesque that somehow, just six days before their World Title match, Levesque has been booked in a match with the seven foot Giant......however, since Hollywood (rather conveniently) DOESN'T have a match tonight, he's going to be right there at ringside during that match, to make sure that nothing happens to jeopardise their mammoth Championship match at Halloween Havoc.....but more importantly, to make sure that nothing happens......to his friend......

.....Levesque takes that extended hand, thanking him for the support, before telling him not to worry......because NOTHING.....and he does mean NOTHING.....is going to get in the way of their Halloween Havoc match.....and in six days time, they can put all this behind them............whatever the outcome.....

.....and with that we leave Hogan and Levesque standing eye to eye, in the most tense looking handshake known to man....as we air a promo for that very event.....because Halloween Havoc is just six days away.

Rating: A*

Quote:

VS.

Our first match of the evening sees Rikishi Fatu facing off against one third of the Forgotten trio, as he goes one on one with Kevin Sullivan......and he IS going one on one too....because remarkably, Sullivan is all alone out here, no sign of Bam Bam Bigelow or Big Van Vader anywhere......

......was this a bad match?.....no.......was this a great match?....well.....also no......but it was decent enough for what it was....and what it was, was an advancement in the ongoing story between Sullivan's three man army, and the newest generation of "titan" arrivals to WCW....

.....The Rock is going to make his WCW in ring debut at Halloween Havoc when he faces the former WCW Champion Bam Bam Bigelow, while Rikishi also is set to clash with a former World Champion when he goes up against Big Van Vader in six days time.....and it was Vader that made the difference in this one.....

.....well, Bam Bam AND Vader to be precise.....because while Sullivan came out alone, he wasn't without back up for long.....and with Rikishi bouncing up and down on that second rope, looking for the Samoan Splash (Banzai Drop), the duo come rushing out from the back, and as Bigelow distracts the official, Vader climbs onto the apron and absolutely nails 'Kishi between the eyes with one of those clubbing Vader blows.....

.....Rikishi falls backwards and crashes to the mat, leaving Sullivan to hit the Double Stomp for the one, the two, and the three.....

Winner: Kevin Sullivan
Rating: B

Quote:

.....not that the three men are finished there....because Bigelow and Vader continue the assault, while Sullivan grabs a microphone, telling Rikishi to let his fifteenth cousin (nine times removed) or whatever relation The Rock is, that come Halloween Havoc, getting destroyed by The Forgotten is going to become a new family tradition.....

.....although Sully can probably just let him know himself....because The Rock is here....and he has a steel chair in hand.....

.....he comes rushing down the aisle, and while Bigelow and Sullivan are smart enough to bail as the chair swinging superstar hits the ring, Vader is going nowhere.....at least until The Rock crashes that unforgiving steel across his back three times.....with the fourth blow finally sending Vader tumbling to the outside.....

......Sullivan grabs his two men, and strategically directs them up the ramp and far away from the chair wielding Rock, who picks up Sully's discarded microphone....he asks the Forgotten where they are going.....why are they walking UP the ramp.....

".....because as far as The Rock knows, monkey crap only rolls DOWN hill.....no, wait, the Rock knows, the Rock knows.....it's because Pebbles and Bam Bam can smell catering all the way from here, and there's about 60lbs of bacon cooking with their name on it.....well boys, the Rock says this.....loosen up those waist bands, put on your best bibs.....enjoy your last meal......but make sure you leave a little room.....because at Halloween Havoc you're gonna wind up with the Rock's fist in your mouth and his foot up your ass, and I don't want to get bacon grease on either.....

.....now you three jackasses can call yourself The Forgotten, but let the Rock let you in on a little secret.....shhhhhhhhhhh, wait for it.......let the Rock let you in on a secret....these people....The Rock's people......they didn't forget you.....they just don't like you......first of all, you've got Kevin Sullivan......oh and hey, Pebbles, Bam Bam, be careful.....because one day that sick little devil worshipping puppy is going to sacrifice you two virgins and then sell his soul for a personality.........you've got Kevin Sullivan.....Bam Bam Bigelow.....and Big Van Vader......the Larry, Mo and Curly of WCW.......you're not Forgotten, you just don't matter.....these people have suffered through Leg Drops of Doom, Dungeons of Doom, Robocops, Taskmasters, Wizards of Oz.....White Castles of Fear and Midgets blowing up boats......the don't want it anymore......they want......electricity......

.....they want the Rock to raise the People's Eyebrow......drop the People's Elbow......layeth the smacketh down with the Rock Bottom.....they want some interaction....a catchphrase....."Whatcha gonna do brother" whatcha gone and went....."Oh Yeah" turned into Oh No, Dig it.....what they want to hear is without a shadow of a doubt the most electrifying line in sports entertainment....and The Rock has it right here......they want the jabroni-beating, pie-eating, trail-blazing, eyebrow-raising, speed of a Ferrari, power of a truck, the BEST thing to happen in decades because The Forgotten totally suck.........they want excitement....electricity.....and at Halloween Havoc, that's exactly what they're going to get.......if ya SMELLLLLLLLLLLALALAOW what The Rock is cooking......"

.....if there's one thing The Rock does well, it's fire up a crowd.....and that's exactly what he does here, leaving "the people" standing as we go to commercial.

Quote:

VS.

Back from commercial, and it's straight back down to ringside for championship action, as Lance Storm puts the Television Title on the line against Japanese up and comer, Yoshihiro Tajiri.....

....Tajiri has seen quite a lot of screen time as of late (for a virtual unknown) taking offence to James Vandenberg's attempts to have his masked menace Mortis "cleanse" him from World Championship Wrestling joining forces with Jeff Hardy in the process....and while both Hardy and Mortis are in action later this evening, Tajiri is stepping away from that feud for a moment, and is looking at picking up the biggest win of his fledgling WCW career to date....

.....he put on a hell of a showing for himself too....Lance Storm is without a doubt one of the best mat technicians in the company, and he can wrap most men up in knots....he certainly looked to be in trouble on a number of occasions this evening too, but in the end Calgary's Finest showed exactly why he is the champion, forcing Tajiri to submit to the Canadian Maple Leaf after a valiant effort.

Winner: .....and Still WCW Television Champion.....Lance Storm
Rating: B-

Quote:

It's time for Mean Gene to make his way out to shill the Hotline (want to know who brightened the mood backstage by organising a Karaoke party? That's Option 2 folks.........spoiler alert, it was Jacques Rougeau)...before introducing two men who both have huge matches coming up in just six days at Halloween Havoc, it's Diamond Dallas Page and Chris Benoit, who will be facing The Warrior and Randy Savage respectively......

......Gene says that while Randy Savage (never the most stable of individuals) has been keen to unleash some of that "Macho Madness" on Chris Benoit, last week was the first time that The Warrior has been willing to step into the ring with Diamond Dallas Page....it would seem like DDP has finally got the aloof Warriors attention.....

".....you're damn right I do Gene.....I told you that the Ultimate Jack-off would only be able to ignore me for so long....and once he felt that Bang, I got his full attention didn't I....."

.....Gene agrees, saying that they got not only the attention of The Warrior and Savage, but the entire Titans of Wrestling last week, so much so that the entire group had to interject themselves into the main event of Nitro.....Gene says that Benoit and Page got the victory there, but not perhaps the victory they were looking for, winning by disqualification.....

.....Benoit isn't much of a talker, preferring to let his ring work speak for him, so it's Page that continues to talk here, saying that when it comes to the Titans of Wrestling, they're like cockroaches....where one is, two more aren't far behind......but if the Titans want to interject themselves into his business so badly, he's not a hard man to find.....in fact, he's standing right here.....they don't have to wait until Sunday night......Warrior......Savage......hell, send Hollywood "Scum" Hogan out here since he has nothing better to do tonight.....because Diamond Dallas Page and Chris Benoit, they're ready to fight........

.....well if it's a Titan of Wrestling that Page wants, it's a Titan of Wrestling that he gets.... it perhaps not that Titan he wanted, as Buff Bagwell comes strutting his stuff down the aisle....the cocky youngster picks up a microphone as he climbs into the ring, telling Page not to get his Depend's Diaper in a twist, he's not out here to fight....he's here to deliver a message.....the Titans of Wrestling have bigger things to worry about tonight than a couple of jabroni's like them......and to Page, a message directly from the Warrior.....the Warrior only fights, when he's PAID to fight.....and the Warrior only talks, when he's PAID to talk......in fact, for the privilege of stepping into the ring with a true legend of the sport at Halloween Havoc, Diamond Dallas Page should be pawning his old lady's cheap jewellery, taking what little cash he can get for them.....and then dropping down to his knees and offering a tribute to the Warrior, for ALLOWING him his fifteen minutes of fame Sunday night......

".......is that right?.....the privilege of fighting the Warrior?.....well I'll tell you what, since you're the messenger boy tonight, how about you do me a little favour, and pass a message on to your buddies for us......"

.....with that Page shoots forward.....catches Buff by the head.....and then drops him with the Diamond Cutter.....

".....you can tell them from me, that Chris Benoit is going to have the Macho Man screaming like a Macho Girl when he locks him in that Crippler Crossface......and the Ultimate Jack-off?......he IS going to.....feel....the......BANG!!....."

Rating: B+

Quote:

VS.

Double Dog Collar Match

These two teams have fought each other more than any two teams should EVER face each other in such a short length of time.....and The Pitbulls won them all.....at least that is, until Gary Hart made his return to the promotion to guide the career of the directionless Samoan's.....since then the SST have defeated Madusa's Men in a First Blood match on Nitro, as well as a Bamboo Cane on a Pole match on WCW Saturday Night......

....tonight however, the 'bulls are returning to familiar grounds, as they meet their rivals in a Double Dog Collar match, in what is being billed as the final meeting between these two teams.....

.....unlike a more traditional (singles) strap match, the object of this one is NOT to hit all four turnbuckles in succession, but rather to brutalise your opponent and pick up a pinfall (or submission) victory.....no count-outs.....no disqualifications.....no stopping the match for blood....and since each one of these men is attached to an opposing member of the other team by a steel chain, blood is a distinct possibility......

.....this is just an all out wild brawl, and while arguably we could have perhaps had a better quality of match with a standard two on two contest, it doesn't hurt to take it to the extreme every now and then.....well.....it doesn't hurt the crowd at least.....it hurt the Pitbulls and The SST plenty......this match was originally going to blow off on Pay Per View, but a last minute run down of the Halloween Havoc card made me realise that there probably wasn't going to be room for this this to be anywhere other than the pre-show, and you don't put a Double Dog Collar match on the pre-show....because of this the teams were given a little more leeway to go out there and treat this as a Pay Per View blow off.....

.....there was blood.....there was violence.....there was fighting in the aisles.....and there was a finish that saw Fatu hang Pitbull #2 over the top rope by the chain, while Samu climbed the turnbuckles and (under the instruction of Hart) wrap some of the loose steel chain around his hard Samoan skull.....before coming off with a devastating Flying Headbutt to pick up the one, the two, the three.....and finally put this feud to bed.

Winner: The Samoan SWAT Team

Quote:

While they clear up the mess that the Pitbulls and the SST have left behind in their wake, we head to the back for a quick word with the Giant.....Mean Gene is standing by, and it's a surly Mean Gene.....who asks why, in this war between WCW and the Titans of Wrestling, why would the Giant stand by and watch while Lex Luger gets assaulted by the entire group and do nothing about it?.....

......why? Well according to the Giant that's pretty obvious......he says that Lex Luger has been getting in his way for months now.....you know how you tumble an entire organisation? You send a Giant to bring all the walls tumbling down......Giant says that he could have put all of this to bed by now......crushed Hollywood Hogan.....crushed the Titans of Wrestling......and bought the WCW Championship back where it belongs......but instead of being selfless....standing back....and letting the Giant do what a Giant CAN do, Lex Luger has to try and hog the spotlight....Lex Luger has to try and do it all by himself.......so the Giant did the right thing....he stepped back and let Lex handle his business by himself......

"......and guess what Gene.....he didn't handle it very well.....in fact, it was HIM that got handled by the entire Titans of Wrestling......maybe Flexy Lexy isn't quite the Total Package that he thought he was......but don't worry Gene, Halloween Havoc is right around the corner.....and when I'm done moving Lex Luger to one side, I'm gonna be coming for which ever one of those Titans has the title.....Levesque.....Hogan.....it doesn't really matter.....you know why?....because I'm a certified Giant.....and unlike Lex Luger, it's going to take more than the Titans of Wrestling to stop me....."

Quote:

VS.

Last weeks victory on Nitro, along with squash matches on both WCW Saturday Night and D-Show WCW War Room gave Bill Goldberg wins number 32, 33 and 34....tonight he goes up against the man who was SUPPOSED to be his opponent last week....problem there was that Konnan apparently had better things to do....like get stoned out of his tiny little mind....

....he at least turned up straight this week....unfortunately I hold a grudge about things like this....you wanna get high?....you wanna drink until you pass out?....by all means go ahead and do it....on your own time, not mine.....

....you do it on my time and you're going to find yourself jobbing out in about a minute....or fifty two seconds as is the case here.....Konnan was always going to lose this match, but he wasn't originally going to lose it quite so quickly.....a Spear and a Jackhammer was all it took here....and in less than a minute, Bill Goldberg goes on to 35-0.

Winner: Bill Goldberg.
Rating: C

Quote:

Once again Bill Goldberg celebrates victory.....and once again he is interrupted by a member of the Faces of Fear.....except it's not Meng this time, but The Barbarian who makes his way out from the back (along with manager Jimmy Hart)....and he marches straight down the aisle and into the ring......

.....where he walks straight into a Spear from the Rookie Sensation......

.....the undefeated newcomer is still fresh as a daisy, having competed for less than a minute so far this evening....and he takes it straight to the Barbarian, finally dragging the big man back to his feet, before hoisting him up night for the Jackhammer attempt......

......before he can deliver that bad landing however, Meng bursts into the ring, where he locks in that debilitating Tongan Death Grip onto the man he will be facing at Halloween Havoc.....

.....we've not really seen any vulnerability on behalf of Bill Goldberg, but he's vulnerable here....because not even the mighty Goldberg is able to counteract the effects of the Tongan Death Grip, as Meng forces him down to the mat.....

.....Meng keeps the grip....and the Barbarian even gets a few kicks in for good measure....before Jimmy Hart finally convinces his two beast's to head to the back.....but not before telling Goldberg that (".....we'll see you Sunday baby....ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.....")

Rating: A

Quote:

VS.

As the announcers spend a few minutes talking about the shocking image of Bill Goldberg finally being shown to be human at the hands of Meng, we prepare for our next match.....and it's a biggie....or at least, the competitors are.....as the four hulking figures of Road Warriors Hawk and Animal and the pairing of Mike Awesome and Gideon Cain get set to tangle in (non-title) tag team action, just six ahead of their triangle championship bout (also involving the Titans of Wrestling's Adam Copeland and Christian Cage).....

.....this match was good.....really good actually......the fans were expecting a hard hitting affair, and that's exactly what they got.....Gideon Cain (who, thanks to the mentoring of Bobby Eaton is coming on leaps and bounds) portrayed his impressive power with Animal, while Mike Awesome showed everyone exactly why he is the (self proclaimed) best big man in professional wrestling, taking to the air a number of times to match Hawk, including an impressive dive over the top rope, taking out the Road Warriors on the floor......

......and it was around midway through this great match that the Totally Awesome Trinity of Copeland, Cage and Traylor make their way out.......

......again, The Enforcer is carrying a pair of steel chairs.....and again he sets them up, this time on the floor, giving Copeland and Cage the best seats in the house, before once again heading to the back, before returning with a selection of snacks for the young Titans to enjoy while watching the action.....although they spend as much time booing both teams and flicking popcorn at the competitors as much as they spend watching the fight.....

.....eventually, following Hawk making the hot tag to Animal, the match breaks down......Animal initially takes it to both Awesome and Cain, before Hawk gets back into the fight, clotheslining Awesome over the top, before following him to the outside to continue the fight.....Animal and Cain aren't far behing, and soon it's a free for all on the outside.....a free for all that sees the Road Warriors Irish Whip both of Missy's men right into the seated Titans, sending popcorn and soda flying.....

.....Traylor helps his team mates to their feet (actually dusting them down) before picking up the chairs, folding them up, and passing one each to Cage and Coleman, telling them that playtime is over......

......the younger Titans obviously agree too.....because they each give an almighty swing of the steel.....crashing the illegal objects across the back of Animal and Cain.....and you know what that means.....it's a disqualification......a double disqualification to be precise, leaving both Awesome and Hawk without partners....and the Titans of Wrestling ready to strike.....

Winner(s): No Contest

Quote:

......war makes for strange bedfellows....because with Animal and Awesome still down, Hawk and Cain have to work together as the Titans strike.....unfortunately, the Totally Awesome Trinity are a well oiled cohesive unit (not bitter enemies) and there's three of them....which totally gives them the upper hand.....and there's the little matter of two steel chairs and a nightstick....which gives them a totally awesome upper hand.....

.....Hawk is tough, we know that.....and Cain is certainly making a name for himself in recent months.....but they're seriously out gunned here, and despite an initial flurry of offence, first Gideon Cain is taken out by a nightstick shot to the back of the head, before Hawk gets dropped with a shot to the back....

......Awesome is back up, but a shot to the ribs with the Enforcer's nightstick doubles him over.....where Copeland and Cage swing their weapons.....it's a huge Con-Chair-To that drops Awesome motionless to the floor.....

......Animal is up next.....but gets a chair to the gut......and a Con-Chair-To......

.....Cain charges the Totally Awesome Trinity.......gets a few blows in too.....before Traylor doubles him over with a low blow, before a.......yep, you guessed it.......Con-Chair-To.....

.....three down, one to go.....and apparently they want a little fun with Hawk first, tossing him into the ring.....the three men beat on the co-holder of the WCW Tag Team Titles, before Christian finally picks the Road Warrior up.....and plants him with a piledriver.....

.....probably shouldn't have done that.....

....because a piledriver to Hawk is like spinach to Popeye.....and he pops right back up to his feet, before running through both Copeland and Cage with a double clothesline.....

.....Traylor charges at Hawk, but the Road Warrior is "Hulked Up" to the max, and he begins unloading on The Enforcer, before finally snatching the nightstick from Traylor, brutalising him with his own weapon.....

.....it doesn't last though.....because while Hawk is distracted, Copeland is back in with a perfect knee strike to the kidneys......a low blow......and (when joined by Cage), ANOTHER Con-Chair-To, and this one does put Hawk down....and he stays down....and the Titans of Wrestling's Totally Awesome Trinity stand tall, arms raised, just six days before Copeland and Cage challenge for the WCW Tag Team Championships.....but what condition (Tony Schiavone ponders) will Mike Awesome, Gideon Cain, and the Road Warriors be in come Halloween Havoc?

Quote:

VS.

We have back to back tag team action tonight on Nitro, as our penultimate match features Curt Hennig teaming up with Jeff Hardy, to face the combination of WCW United States Champion Eddie Guerrero, and the masked man Mortis.....

....this is a preview of two matches that are set to take place in just six days time, when Jeff Hardy and Mortis clash once more, while Curt Hennig challenges Eddie Guerrero for the US Title.....

....the match tonight was decent considering none of these men are tag team competitors usually....Hennig and Hardy rather surprisingly gelled fantastically, having excellent chemistry for two men that had never teamed up before, and it was young Hardy that took the brunt of the punishment as the face in peril, with Mortis revelling in the chance to assault his rival, while Guerrero revels in the opportunity to simply be a cocky, arrogant pr!ck....he's not so cocky when Hardy makes the hot tag to Hennig though, because Curt hits the ring with purpose, tackling both his opponents head on, before finally focusing his attention on Guerrero.....

.....Guerrero soon has enough of this, and bails to the outside where he collects his Championship, telling a nearby camera that they shouldn't be risking THE most important title holder they have here in WCW just six days before he puts the gold on the line.....and with that he simply walks out of the match, heads to the back....and leaves Mortis all alone against two men....

.....Chris Kanyon has come a long way in a short time since adopting the Mortis character....going from enhancement talent to midcarder/upper midcarder (depending on his booking at any given week) and I don't imagine it will be long before he's cemented as a permanent upper Midcard player.....he's up against two men right now though.....and two men that have excellent chemistry as partners no less.....and eventually he's overwhelmed, and Hennig nails him with the Fisherman's Suplex.....instead of holding on for the win however Hennig releases the hold and rolls out of the way, just as Hardy comes flying off the top with the Swanton Bomb for the one, two, three.

Winner(s): Curt Hennig & Jeff Hardy

Quote:

Mean Gene is in the back, giving the final rundown for what we will be seeing on Sunday Night as well as letting everyone know that all the results from Halloween Havoc will be live on the Hotline, as well as words from all the winners and losers that evening....as Eddie Guerrero makes his way past on his way to the locker rooms

".....that's 1-900-909-9900 for all the wrestling news that matters......wait a minute.....Eddie Guerrero.....I believe you have some explaining to do young man.....what in the world was that about? What sort of champion walks away from a match?....."

".....what sort of a champion? A smart Champion esŤ that's who.....I gotta put the most prestigious title in ALL of wrestling on the line on Sunday night, I can't afford to be getting injured in some pointless tag team match holmes......"

.....Gene disagrees with that, questioning Guerrero's integrity as United States Champion, but Eddie just tells him to watch his mouth......

".....integrity holmes?.....you're looking at the most hard working champion in wrestling today esŤ....just look at the list.....Diamond Dallas Page....Chris Benoit....Jeff Hardy....that fat Samoan Rikishi.....I beat them all, and you could have added The Rock to that list too, but he knew he was never going to beat the Latino Legend, so he ran off to fight with Vader and Bigelow instead, because he knew, just like everybody else knows, that no one is taking this title from around my waist.....not Dallas Page....not Chris Benoit.....not The Rock......and certainly not Curt Hennig.....he used to be practically perfect, but now I'M the Papi of Perfection esŤ....and at Halloween Havoc, I'm going to show him what a real champion looks like......"

.....with that being said, Eddie's mouth is soon shut.....because the #1 contender to the United States Championship comes bursting into shot and dives onto Guerrero, peppering him with punches.....Gene goes flying as Guerrero fights back, and soon we have a full scale war going on that security eventually has to separate, as we go to a promo package hyping Halloween Havoc.....

Quote:

VS.

So it's main event time.....it's WCW vs. ToW.....it's The Giant vs. Jean Paul Levesque....and not for the first time either.....these two men have met on a number of occasions now, in both tag matches AND singles encounters....and funnily enough, those singles encounters have all come off the back of Levesque doing or saying something to p!ss Hollywood Hogan off.....coincidence? Probably not when you consider that it's Vince Russo that books the matches around here, and it's Vince Russo that worships the ground that Hollywood Hogan walks on......

....that being said, Hollywood is out here at ringside as promised in this one....not that Levesque looks particularly happy about him being there, but the Titans need to keep up appearances, so here he is....

....he actually works in Levesque's favour on a few occasions too, interfering at appropriate times to tip the scales the Titan man's way....each time he does however, Levesque is quick to (very politely) as him to back off, claiming he doesn't need any help to beat the big man....although let's be honest, there aren't going to be many in World Championship Wrestling that could best the seven foot Giant without a little bit of assistance.....

....the match wasn't fantastic, but it was more of a dog and pony show (with the storytelling surrounding Hollywood on the outside) than a match.....and the finish didn't help either.....because as the Giant crushed the life out of Levesque in the corner, then signalled that it was time for the Chokeslam, Hollywood jumped up onto the apron to attempt to distract the big man.....it worked too, because instead of Chokeslamming Levesque The Giant turned around and clocked Hogan right in the jaw with a right hand, sending him tumbling down to the floor......

....Giant screams down at Hogan (spraying spittle as he does) that it doesn't matter if it's Levesque who wins Sunday, or Hogan that wins Sunday.....whoever leaves Halloween Havoc as the WCW Champion, is going to have a Giant problem to deal with......then turns back to face his opponent......who kicks him in the gut.....and drops him with the Pedigree......for the one, the two..........but not the three.......

.....not because Giant kicked out, but because Hogan is back in the ring, drags Levesque off the downed Giant.....and drops down beside the WCW man, where he starts hammering the Giant with blows (right in front of the official) clearly not happy that the Giant placed a hand on him......unfortunately, he referee is even less happy at that action, and has no choice but to disqualify Levesque, when he was less than half a second away from picking up the pinfall victory......

Winner: The Giant (via Disqualification)

Quote:

.....the bell rings, and the rest of the Titans of Wrestling come rushing out from the back.....someone had the audacity to lay their hands on Hollywood? You'd better believe that's a punishable offence....

.....they don't even give the Giant chance to get back to his feet before they pounce on him simultaneously, and they stomp the living crap out of him.....Giant might be seven feet tall when he's standing, but when he's flat on his back that doesn't help him at all.....

.....suddenly the crowd erupts.....because here comes the Total Package to make the save......

.....or not.....

.....because he goes running down the aisle, but comes to a complete stop at the bottom of the ramp.....and much as the Giant did a few weeks back, he slaps his hand against his head to indicate what a big dummy he is being, telling the nearby camera that Giant's got this.....he said so earlier.....and with that Luger takes a slow walk back up the aisle, as the Giant screams at him to help.....

.....Jean Paul Levesque has been standing idly by during this beatdown.....but he interjects now, dragging Hogan off the Giant and spinning him around, demanding to know what the hell he is doing.....Hogan says that he's dishing out some punishment Titan's style, but Levesque says no....what he's doing, is costing Levesque a huge victory six days before Halloween Havoc......

.....which is when Diamond Dallas Page and Chris Benoit come rushing down the aisle, passing Luger on the way (asking him what the hell he is doing) and dashing into the ring where they go right after Savage and The Warrior......

......the Totally Awesome Trinity are busy trying to defuse the situation between Hogan and Levesque, who have now moved on from a war of words to an out and out shoving match, but they are forced to abandon their quest as DDP and Benoit slowly begin to gain the upper hand over Warrior and Macho, to assist their Titan brothers in their fight.....

......Luger looks conflicted in the aisle way......clearly he only came out here to make a point to the Giant, after the big man left him to take a mammoth beating a few weeks ago, but on the same hand, he clearly doesn't want Page and Benoit suffering the same fate, and currently they are fighting off five men....it doesn't look good.....so reluctantly he heads into the ring to help out......

......Hogan and Levesque are still bickering, but it all comes to a head when Hollywood calls his Halloween Havoc a "disrespectful punk", before slapping him square in the face.....sh!t gets real then.....and all the forced niceties go out of the window, because Levesque shows Hollywood exactly how disrespectful he can be, when he flips the WCW Champion off.....and punches him right in the jaw, before tackling him through the ropes and to the floor......

......with Luger by their side, Page and Benoit are able to get back into the fight.....especially when Copeland, Cage and Traylor head to the outside to try and separate Hogan and Levesque.....leaving Luger to battle with Buff, while DDP and The Crippler continue to brawl with Savage and Warrior.....of course, in the midst of all this commotion the Giant is back to his feet.....and he shoves Bagwell to one side, obviously not happy about that little taste of his own medicine from Luger, because he grabs the Total Package by the throat....looks like it could be Chokeslam city......at least until Lex kicks him in the guts, and the two begin trading right hands......

.....and that's exactly how the show comes to a close.....Hogan and Levesque attempting to kill each other on the floor (with the Totally Awesome Trinity attempting to separate them)......Page, Benoit, Savage and Warrior kicking, clawing, scratching, and generally brawling for all they're worth......while Lex Luger and The Giant attempt to punch each other's heads off their shoulders.....as Tony Schiavone implores us to buy, what is set to be a monumental Halloween Havoc event.....we'll see you Sunday folks.

Final Rating: B

Unread 10-03-2018, 05:09 PM
Major League

Preview for Halloween Havoc: Week 4, October 1997

WCW Championship Match
Hollywood Hogan (c) vs. Jean Paul Levesque
Comments:

WCW United States Championship Match
Eddie Guerrero (c) vs. Curt Hennig
Comments:

WCW Tag Team Championship: Triangle Match
The Road Warriors (c) vs. Mike Awesome & Gideon Cain vs. Adam Copeland & Christian Cage
Comments:

Diamond Dallas Page vs. The Warrior
Comments:

Chris Benoit vs. Randy Savage
Comments:

Lex Luger vs. The Giant
Comments:

The Rock vs. Bam Bam Bigelow
Comments:

Rikishi Fatu vs. Big Van Vader
Comments:

Jeff Hardy vs. Mortis
Comments:

Bill Goldberg vs. Meng
Comments:

Unread 10-03-2018, 05:27 PM
Hall of Fame

I'm pretty excited to see how Havoc turns out! One thing I was thinking while reading this past Nitro is that while I'm sure in-game guys like Eddy and Rock are moving up the popularity tree nicely with awesome segments like that, real life WCW unfortunately would likely never have even cared about them and the two would have stayed mired in the midcard, with Rock likely even to lose his debut match soon and Eddy to just keep spinning those wheels.

What can I say; as much as I love looking back on WCW, those rose tinted glasses can't protect it all the time.

Hollywood Hogan - While this has been built up very well, I can't see JPL being the man to topple "The Hulkster". However, I do think someone will be showing up post-match to assist JPL and make a big challenge...
Eddy Guerrero - I love Curt, but man is Eddy just on fire here as the US champion. And since there's really nowhere upward for him to go due to a massive logjam at the peak of the summit, holding onto the title gives him a good purpose.
C&C (Music Factory) - The Totally Awesome Trinity bring home some gold.
Warrior - This could be Page's big coming-out into the main event, but I think Warrior escapes with a win so that we blow this off at Starrcade.
Chris Benoit - Savage gets himself DQ'd maybe? I could see this one going to Starrcade as well.
No Contest - If there's anywhere that Sting shows up at on this night, I think it'll be here, as he gets the two of them to hug it out and make up. Or maybe one of them heel turns, I could see Russo going that route also.
The Rock
Vader
Jeff Hardy
Goldberg - If you're looking to make Goldberg look human against someone, it would have to be the Faces of Fear.
Unread 10-03-2018, 11:49 PM
Phenom

WCW Championship Match
Comments:

Comments:

The Road Warriors (c) vs. Mike Awesome & Gideon Cain vs. Adam Copeland & Christian Cage
Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Lex Luger vs. The Giant
Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Jeff Hardy vs. Mortis
Comments:

Bill Goldberg vs. Meng
Comments:
Unread 10-04-2018, 01:09 AM
Phenom

WCW Championship Match
Hulk Hogan
Comments: keep the fued going with michaels coming in

Curt Hennig
Comments: feel it’ll be by dq so Eddie keeps his belt

Adam Copeland & Christian Cage
Comments: road warriors have always bored me

The Warrior
Comments: shenanigans

Chris Benoit
Comments: dunno if Savage has creative control, if he does not sure he’ll take the loss

The Giant
Comments: never cared about Lex

The Rock
Comments: duh

Big Van Vader
Comments: feel the forgotten need a win

Mortis
Comments: feel Mortis needs to be cemented and Jeff’s young enough to lose (plus his reckless character means losses from his own daring don’t really hurt)

Bill Goldberg
Comments: Duh
Unread 10-04-2018, 07:11 AM
Super Star

WCW Championship Match
Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Lex Luger vs. The Giant
Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Jeff Hardy vs. Mortis
Comments:

Bill Goldberg vs. Meng
Comments:
Unread 10-04-2018, 09:44 AM
Low Minors

To4sty, I've started reading and can't wait to catch up. What's the database for this please? I would Genadi 1996?
Unread 10-04-2018, 03:24 PM
Living Legend

WCW Championship Match
Comments: ToW won't allow JPL to win

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Lex Luger vs. The Giant
Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Jeff Hardy vs. Mortis
Comments:

Bill Goldberg vs. Meng
Unread 10-04-2018, 03:52 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by a0161613 View Post
To4sty, I've started reading and can't wait to catch up. What's the database for this please? I would Genadi 1996?
Thanks, nice to have you aboard.....erm, no, its actully BurningHamster's excellent 1996 Dawn of Attitude database, which i believe (assuming its still live) can be found here.
Unread 10-04-2018, 06:16 PM
Living Legend

WCW Championship Match
Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Chris Benoit
vs. Randy Savage
Comments:

Lex Luger vs. The Giant
Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Jeff Hardy vs. Mortis
Comments:

Bill Goldberg vs. Meng
Comments:
Unread 10-04-2018, 07:05 PM
Living Legend

WCW Championship Match
Comments: Hard to Back the Kid against the icon

Comments: Time for Eddie to do some chasing

Comments: Score one for the Titans

Comments: I hate to pick against Warrior, so let's call this a schmozz

Comments: I'm not convinced Benoit is there in the game, albeit that in real life Savage might not have an issue doing the job

Lex Luger vs. The Giant
Comments: One's the future, the other isn't

Comments: I want a Rock promo on BBB's flame tattoos

Comments: Gotta have the Forgotten win one of these

Jeff Hardy vs. Mortis
Comments: Lost on Nitro when his partner abandoned him, so it's time for Mortis to stand tall

Bill Goldberg vs. Meng
Comments: 36-0
Unread 10-04-2018, 08:02 PM
All Star

Heck yeah @ my boy Kevin Sullivan going over big Kish. First Rikishi, then Rock... then Hogan, brother.

WCW Championship Match
Comments: Creative Control, brother. But seriously, I think this is the kiss goodbye from the KoW for JPL, leading to either a save from the Stinger (who I think should get the shot @ Starcade) or a certain Sexy Boy...

Comments: Flipping back and forth on this one, but is Curt really the guy to get a rub from beating Eddie? Guessing this is a DQ

Comments:

Comments: Creative control, *snorts*

Comments: Hopefully this one has some legs to it, but since I'm not sure where Randy or Benoit goes after this, double DQ

Lex Luger vs. The Giant
Comments: I'll always be convinced that Giant is a better commodity to keep strong for the sake of WCW

Comments:

Comments: If he didn't go over Sullivan...

Jeff Hardy vs. Mortis
Comments: This has been a nice little fued, but Jeff has some unfinished business to do with Eddie

Bill Goldberg vs. Meng
Comments:
Unread 10-05-2018, 09:38 PM
Super Star

WCW Championship Match
Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Lex Luger vs. The Giant
Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Jeff Hardy vs. Mortis
Comments:

Bill Goldberg vs. Meng
Comments:
Unread 10-12-2018, 07:07 PM
Major League

Week 4, October 1997
MGM Grand Garden Arena (Las Vegas, Nevada)
ATT: 12,000
PPV BUY: 1.60
Announce Team: Tony Schiavone, Dusty Rhodes & Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

Quote:

It's Sunday night and we are live from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada....and following an extended hype video highlighting the matches that are in store for us tonight, we go right to the announce table, where Tony Schiavone is joined by Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, and in a change of pace from Mike Tenay, we have the American Dream Dusty Rhodes on the call this evening.....and if the graphic itself wasn't enough to let you know, the custom set (featuring all manner of spooky paraphernalia, from pumpkins, to skeletons, to tombstones and crypts) leaves you with no doubt that this is indeed Halloween Havoc 1997.....

.....the announcers run down the matches that we will be seeing this evening, before turning their focus to the main event, where Tony Schiavone tells us that despite what they will have you believe, it's plain for all to see that there is tension in camp Titan......as WCW Champion Hollywood Hogan will be facing stablemate Jean Paul Levesque....and yes, the title is on the line.....Bobby says that unfortunately, whatever the result, the WCW Title will still be in the hands of the Titans of Wrestling come the end of tonight.......that's if there IS still a Titans of Wrestling come the end of the night....because if Monday Nitro showed us anything, it's that the cracks are beginning to form.......

"..........IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLLLALALAOW........what The Rock....is.....cooking.........."

.....although forget about the Titans of Wrestling for a moment.....because another former employee of Titan Sports is about to make his entrance.....and clearly it didn't take Jimmy Hart long to incorporate The Rock's brand new catchphrase into his entrance music (incidentally, in game the Rock really did debut a new catchphrase during Monday Nitro, so there it is)....and the man of the people is here.....and his WCW in ring debut is next.....

Rating: N/A

Quote:

VS.

The Rock made his on screen debut back at last months Fall Brawl event....and it looked as though he had Eddie Guerrero and the WCW United States Championship in his sights, problem with that was that Kevin Sullivan and The Forgotten had other idea's as they began systematically targeting the slew of recent arrivals to World Championship Wrestling, and after taking out the "old" new arrivals such as Jim Duggan and The Nasty Boys, they moved onto the new blood and The Rock (along with Rikishi and Jeff Hardy) was top of their list.....

.....so while Rikishi has his hands full later this evening with Big Van Vader, The Rock makes his in ring debut against another former WCW Champion, Bam Bam Bigelow....and Bammers isn't coming alone, he's got Kevin Sullivan the Taskmaster (or Master of Baiting if you ask Rocky) by his side.....

......this match was decent....it wasn't amazing, but then nor did I expect it to be.....The Rock is a lot of things....he's charismatic, he's got star quality coming out of the wazoo, he's insanely over (especially by WCW standards, a place where former WWF midcarder Edge broke into the main event in the space of a few weeks).....but another thing he is, is only twenty five years old with barely a year in the business.....he's got the fundamental's down no question about that, but his psychology could still do with some improvement (he's about a C+ now)....in some ways it's a shame he made the jump to WCW, because under the wing of Jerry "The King" Lawler he was being tutored on just about every aspect of the business......his new tutor is Road Warrior Hawk.....and well, Hawk is hardly best known for his psychology....neither, for that matter is Bam Bam Bigelow....which meant that this match did drift a little in places.....fortunately however, the crowd didn't care a bit, they just wanted to cheer on The Rock.....and cheer on they did.....

......if you're looking to make an impression in your new surroundings, then kicking in the front door and defeating a former World Champion in your debut match is probably a good way to go about it.....Bam Bam Bigelow might be the least likely World Champion that this company has ever seen......(ok, maybe third least likely......did ANYONE see the Tommy Rich or Ronnie Garvin NWA Championship reigns coming?) but he still held the big gold belt, and can't no one take that away from him......he's also got a new lease of life (and a new purpose) under Kevin Sullivan, developing the mean streak that he's been missing since getting embarrassed by Lawrence Taylor back at Wrestlemania XI....The Rock dominates the opening moments of this contest, but with the assistance from Sullivan (distracting the attention of the official) Bigelow takes control with a blatant low blow....from there he uses his superior size and strength to punish his opponent, relying on high impact power moves and coming close to victory on a number of occasions.....although he finally crashes and burns when The Rock moves out of the way of a Diving Headbutt attempt......

.....The Rock mounts a comeback with the aid of the (considerable) support from the fans, and after hitting Bigelow with a number of right handed blows he sends his opponent for a ride with an Irish Whip....he goes for a Clothesline on the return, but Bigelow ducks that and continues to run the ropes, only to get dropped with a Spinebuster right in the middle of the ring....

....this past Monday, The Rock promised the people electricity.....he promised to raise the People's Eyebrow (which he does right now after repositioning Bam Bam's arms).....he promised to drop the People's Elbow.....and well....no one actually knows what that meant.....but as he pulls off his elbow pad and tosses it into the crowd, it looks like we are about to find out.....because Rock runs the ropes....hop's over Bigelow....runs the ropes some more........and then drives his elbow straight into the heart of Bam Bam......

.....Rock makes the cover, but it's only good for two as Bigelow gets his shoulder up at the last second.....unperturbed, the Rock backs up and positions himself behind his opponent, waiting for Bam Bam to get back to his feet, and as Dusty Rhodes points out...."he elbo' dropped him right on the boobies Tony, now he's going for the Rocky Bottom daddy".....and Rock is indeed looking to connect with the Rock Bottom.....although Kevin Sullivan has other plans, as the mouthpiece of The Forgotten climbs up onto the apron.....only to get slapped straight back down to the floor by The Rock.....Rock turns back to Bigelow, who's back to his feet and trying to use the distraction to mount an attack, charging at his opponent......Rock is too quick however and sidesteps the big man.....who charges right into the turnbuckles before staggering back to the middle of the ring, where he walks right into the Rock Bottom.......and one, two, three seconds later, Rock is victorious in his debut outing, and it's not a good start to the evening for Kevin Sullivan and his cohorts.

Winner: The Rock

Quote:

As we leave the Rock celebrating what he no doubt hopes will be the first of many victories, we head to the back, where Mean Gene is standing by with a man who will be looking to be just as successful later this evening when he faces Bam Bam Bigelow's Forgotten compatriot Big Van Vader....its Rikishi Fatu....Gene says that after seeing The Rock successful in his outing against Bigelow, he must have been given a little confidence booster for his own match.....

.....Rikishi is all smiles, telling Gene that he didn't need a confidence booster....he says that he knows what he can do, and right now, confidence is not something he's lacking.....'Kishi says that he only lost to Kevin Sullivan because of Vader's interference.....he says yeah, Vader is big ("but so am I"), Vader is bad ("he ain't badder than me"), Vader just watched his boy Bam Bam get his hide handed to him by the Rock....("me and Rock, we've had our up's and downs Gene, and yeah we don't see eye to eye all the time, but he's still blood.....and MY blood just took out HIS back-up")......

.....Rikishi isn't the best talker in the world, and he certainly doesn't have the charisma of The Rock.....but he gets his point across here (with assistance from Gene) and it's kept short and sweet for exactly that reason.....that and it gave The Rock a few minutes to celebrate his debut victory in front of the people, before we go to our next match......

Quote:

VS.

.....and our next match is Jeff Hardy once again going head to head with James Vandenberg's Masked Purifier, Mortis.....these two have met on a number of occasions now in both singles and tag team action, the most recent of which happening this past week on Monday Nitro, which saw Mortis' partner (Eddie Guerrero) walk out of the match, leaving Vandenberg's man easy pickings for Jeff Hardy (and his partner at the time, Curt Hennig.)......

......Mortis originally targeted Jeff Hardy for his perceived young age and inexperience, citing him to be a boy living in a man's world, and for his own good should be scourged from the promotion for good....however, having since been involved in physical matches with the young daredevil since then, it should be clear to both Mortis AND his manager that Jeff Hardy is not someone to be taken lightly...Mortis may have picked up the victory the last time these two clashed in one on one competition (last month at Fall Brawl), but Hardy came close to victory on a number of occasions, and had it not been for Mortis wielding that Jester topped cane of his like a baseball bat, cracking the youngster in the skull, it's likely that it would have been Jeff Hardy's hand raised that night, not Mortis.....

......as for tonight, Hardy is looking to both avenge that loss, and capitalise in the momentum gained following Monday nights tag team victory.....Hardy may have eyes in the back of his head on the lookout for further appearances from Kevin Sullivan and Company, but that doesn't mean he's looking past Mortis, these two go all out as they battle for the victory....so all out in fact that the official becomes a casualty of their war when Mortis sidesteps a charging Hardy, who collides right with the referee......

......seeing their opportunity, Mortis quickly drops Jeff with a low blow, as Vandenberg enters the ring.....and much like last month, the Jester Cane is firmly in his hand.....Mortis drags Hardy back to his feet and holds him in position for Vandenberg to taunt the youngster, telling him that his fifteen minutes of fame have proved to be a futile experiment, and his time in the spotlight is coming to an end.....Vandenberg says that they are doing this for Hardy's own good.....better they end his career now quickly, before his youthful reckless abandonment leaves a stain on the face of professional wrestling..........as he brings the cane back, ready to deliver a devastating blow to the skull.........

......fortunately for Jeff Hardy, help is at hand......because another young man who has had his problems with Mortis and Vandenberg as of late, Yoshihiro Tajiri, comes running down the aisle and into the ring......

......he snatches the cane from the hands of Vandenberg, who backs off with his hands held up in retreat.....

.....seeing his manager in danger Mortis lets go of Hardy and advances on the new arrival, but Hardy has had plenty of time to recover from that low blow and follows suit, over powering the masked man and holding HIM in place for the cane wielding Tajiri.....the oriental star takes a moment to get into position.....before grabbing hold of Mortis and dragging him to one side......

......and spraying what can only be described as a green mist right into the eyes of Hardy......

.....Hardy clutches at his (now green) face as Tajiri looks on at him blankly, while James Vandenberg stands in the background cackling.....Vandenberg walks over to the Japanese turncoat and whispers something in his ear, which in turn leads to Tajiri handing the Cane to Mortis.....

.....Vandenberg exits the ring.....Mortis cracks the weapon across the skull of the blinded Hardy......Tajiri revives the official......and three seconds later, Mortis defeats Jeff Hardy in consecutive months.....

Winner: Mortis

Quote:

.....with Hardy still down and out, Vandenberg and Tajiri re-enter the ring to congratulate the victorious Mortis....and as Tajiri kneels at the feet of Vandenberg, it's clear that this sinister looking minister has welcomed a new member to his church, raising the arm of Mortis with one hand, while placing the other on the shoulder of Tajiri.....and as the cleansing of WCW looks set to continue, Bobby Heenan remarks that it's time to trade the chopsticks for a wooden broom, because there's a new cleaner on the team, and his name is Yoshihiro Tajiri.

Quote:

VS.

After that betrayal by Tajiri, it's time to bring out the beef.....because after the Rock was victorious over Bam Bam Bigelow earlier in the evening, it's Rikishi Fatu's turn to try and make the Forgotten fade away, when he goes one on one with Big Van Vader.....

.....surprisingly there's no Kevin Sullivan or Bam Bam Bigelow to be seen, which surprises Tony Schiavone, who states that after already suffering defeat once this evening, that The Forgotten would have been pulling out all the stops for this one....but as Bobby Heenan (rightly) points out, Big Van Vader alone would be enough to stop a freight train, let alone a single Samoan....

.....this wasn't pretty.....nor was it ever expected to be.....this was always going to be two big bulls clashing horns and attempting to pummel the opposition into defeat.....Big 'Kish could really do with the win here.....he's won matches on Nitro sure, but so far in his short tenure he's also lost to Eddie Guerrero AND Kevin Sullivan.....of course, with that being said, Vader can't really afford to lose either.....much as with Rikishi, the Forgotten have been racking up wins on television, but tonight is their first major Pay Per View exposure since their formation, and they've already lost once this evening....twice would be a pretty poor showing....

......which probably explains why when Rikishi finally starts making a big comeback (after getting pummelled by Vader for a good portion of the match) Kevin Sullivan and Bam Bam Bigelow finally make their way out from the back.......and while they don't physically interfere in the match, their mere presence is enough of a distraction to throw Rikishi off his game long enough for Vader to deliver a devastating corner splash that leaves the big Samoan flat on his back and in prime position for the Vader Bomb second rope splash.....and the one, two, three....

Winner: Big Van Vader

Quote:

.....although it doesn't look as though the Forgotten have finished just yet....and as the trio surround the downed Samoan, things might be about to go from bad to worse for Rikishi Fatu.....Kevin Sullivan has a microphone in hand, and he lets the crowd know that Bam Bam Bigelow's loss earlier in the evening was a blip on the radar....a mistake that WILL be rectified....but for now, now it's time to end Rikishi's story before it's even begun, and send him back to Stamford, not with his tail between his legs....but with his head removed from his body.....

.....strong words from Sullivan....although not as strong as the actions that follow....as Sullivan, Bigelow and Vader embark on a three on one beatdown that looks as though it's about to leave Rikishi Fatu nothing more than a stain on the mat.......

"..........IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLLLALALAOW........what The Rock....is.....cooking.........."

.....that only stops at the sound of the Rock's music.....

.....and The Forgotten turn to the entrance way, waiting on the arrival of that "blip" on the radar....maybe they will be able to rectify that mistake sooner than they thought......

....and they don't have to wait for long.....because the man himself emerges from the back....and instead of running down the aisle to make the save, he casually comes walking out, microphone in hand......

".....woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, woah....woah.......hold on, hold on.....The Rock wasn't ready to make a run in......."

.....he clearly wasn't either, he's changed out of his wrestling gear and has on his "street" clothes.....he's got an expensive looking shirt on too.....AND designer sunglasses, which he removes now to get a better look at the scene inside the ring......

".....no, The Rock wasn't planning on coming back out here at all.....see, The Rock, he did what he came here tonight to do......they played The Rock's new music...he walked down the people's aisle...into the people's ring...he raised the people's eyebrow...dropped the people's elbow........and beat Bam Bam Bigelow like the 300lb pile of monkey crap that he is......

.....now The Rock, he's a pretty clean guy....and while he barely broke a sweat.....while he beat Bam Bam Bigelow all the way back to Bedrock without so much as a single drop of the people's perspiration running down his face, he still went to the back and took a shower.....he put on his $1000 silk shirt.....he put on the custom made Rolex.....took out the designer sunglasses.....and THEN.....since we're in Las Vegas baby, the Rock was gonna go down the strip....he was gonna find Elvis............then he was gonna smack The King upside his head and tell him that The Rock is the great one now.....

......instead, before the Rock even made it out onto Know Your Role Boulevard, he see's you three geriatric jackasses beating up on Fatu........he sees you three Jabroni's out here, ruining the people's buzz......raining on the people's parade.....and The Rock knows what he has to do...........there's two things that The Rock has to do........he has to come out here............and he has to talk long enough for Rikishi to roll his fat ass out of the ring........"

......the Forgotten turn around, and sure enough (while their attention was on The Rock) Rikishi has managed to retreat to the safety of the outside, and he makes his way around the ring and up the aisle where he joins The Rock.....

"......now The Rock will admit, that took longer than he thought.....but Rikishi has a damn big ass...........which brings us onto the second thing the Rock has got to do.........see The Rock, he's not just here in WCW to talk, no, no, no, no, no.....The Rock, he's here.....to electrify......so The Rock says this.......since The Rock beat Bam Bam so bad he put out that fire that you've got drawn all over your bald head...............that looks stupid by the way..............since The Rock's already beat up Bam Bam, Pebbles...you're up......and The Rock's gonna swing those peoples punches.......he's gonna knock that stupid jockstrap off your head.......turn it sideways........and shove it straight up your candy ass........"

......Vader doesn't like that....telling the Rock that he's welcome to try right now......because it's Vader Time, not Rock Time......Rock says no.....not tonight......he's got his favourite shirt on, and the last things he wants to do, is to have to throw it out after Vader soils it.......

".....because make no mistake, The Rock is gonna hit you so hard you're gonna puke your guts up, crap your pants......and "Forgotten" your name in the space of about two minutes.......

.....Vader again, quickly accepts the challenge, telling him any time...any place....anyhow he wants......Vader will be waiting......The Rock laughs at that, saying that the only things Vader usually waits for, is for the line to go down at the all you can eat Buffett......but have no fear, because The Rock has a family sized bucket of ass whippings with his name on it, and he's going to shove the lot straight down Vader throat.......apparently the Forgotten aren't done with the Rock.......but clearly, the Rock isn't done with the Forgotten either.

Quote:

We go backstage from there....where Mean Gene Is standing by with the WCW Tag Team Champions The Road Warriors....ahead of their massive clash with not only Mike Awesome and Gideon Cage, but The Titans of Wrestling's Adam Copeland and Christian Cage....it's a triangle tag match, and it's coming up next......

....Gene asks the Road Warriors how they feel about putting their titles on the line in a match where they don't even have to be beaten to lose their titles?....it all gets a bit shouty from there.....with Animal screaming that it doesn't matter how many teams are in the match, because the Road Warriors are in the match.....and when the Road Warriors are in the match, the Road Warriors win......"TELL 'EM HAWK".........

".....WELLLLLLL.....MEAN GENE.......IT DOESN'T MATTER IF ITS A TAG TEAM MATCH....A TRIANGLE MATCH.....A RECTANGLE MATCH.....OR A DODECAHEDRON MATCH.....NO MATTER HOW MANY TEAMS YOU COUNT, ALL YOU'RE REALLY COUNTING ARE WARM BODIES FOR THE ROAD WARRIORS TO BREAK.....MIKE AWESOME AND GIDEON CAIN.....THEY'RE PRETTY BIG GENE.....GONNA LOOK A LOT SMALLER WHEN THEY'RE SQUASHED TO THE MAT UNDER THE HEEL OF MY BOOT LIKE THE COCKROACHES THAT THEY ARE.......

.....AND THEN THERES THE OTHER TWO.....COPELAND AND CAGE.....EXCEPT WHEN WE'RE DONE WITH THEM....THEY'RE GOING TO BE BROKEN.....AND GRAZED.....AND IF RAY TRAYLOR DECIDES TO GET INVOLVED AGAIN, WE'LL SHOVE THAT NIGHTSTICK SO FAR UP HIS BUTT, THAT THE ONLY THING HE'LL BE ENFORCING WILL BE A COLON CUSHION FROM THE SPHINCTER CLINIC.......UGHHHHHHHHH......WHAT A RUSHHHHH!......."

.....with that the Champions stomp off, leaving Mean Gene to send us back down to ringside, for our first Title match of the evening.

Quote:

VS.
VS.

If I'd told you before this event started that this match right here would be the second best match of the night, would you have believed me?....called me a damn dirty liar?....or wondered just how bad the rest of the show was going to be?.....because I've got to be honest, I'd have been calling me a damn dirty liar......but this match really was the second best match of the night......it was a totally awesome match in fact.....

.....and no, that wasn't because the rest of the matches sucked either (in fact there wasn't really a bad match on the card), but for some reason something just clicked here, with every competitor (even the uber green Gideon Cain) putting on a great display.....

.....the commentators were out here for this one selling us on two things......one, that there is no way in hell that either The Road Warriors.....Mike Awesome.....OR Gideon Cage are fully fit after the Con-Chair-To party from this last episode of Nitro courtesy of the Totally Awesome Trinity........and two, that surprisingly (given our main event) this may be one of the most high pressure matches on the card......

.....don't scoff......

.....I'm being serious

.....after all, Adam Copeland and Christian Cage are only here in WCW because The Nasty Boys weren't able to get the job done against Hawk and Animal.....make no mistake, the Titans of Wrestling want those WCW Tag Team Titles, and woe betide Copeland and Cage if they don't get the job done......

......it's one fall to a finish here, not an elimination anywhere to be seen....the Totally Awesome Two were obviously severely out matched when it came to strength...all four of their opponents are powerhouses, so they had to rely on their speed and agility...unfortunately their speed can only get them so far, especially when both the Road Warriors AND the team of Awesome and Cain have some serious scores to settle with them after getting their skulls dented on Nitro...and surprisingly the two teams actually work together for a period to beat the awesomeness out of Copeland and Cage....obviously the cooperation was never going to last mind you, and the two teams were soon at each other's throats after Hawk broke up a Mike Awesome pinfall attempt.....

....from there it really was every team for themselves....and while the competitors WERE supposed to be tagging in and out for this one, it soon descended into an wild brawl both in and out of the ring as all six men went at it....obviously the rules are slightly more relaxed for these multi man affairs, and it wasn't long until The Enforcer lived up to his name.....because as Mike Awesome and Gideon Cain double team Christian on the outside, he first nails Awesome in the back of the head with his nightstick, before delivering an Enforcer (Boss Man) Slam to Cain on the floor......in the midsts of this, The Road Warriors have set up Adam Copeland for the Doomsday Device......and as Hawk climbs to the top rope, Christian rolls under the bottom rope and clips the leg of Animal, just as Traylor climbs up onto the apron to grab a hold of Hawks ankle, holding him in place on the top and leaving the Road Warrior powerless to do anything but watch as Christian delivers the Downward Spiral to Animal....and with Awesome and Cain down, and with Hawk immobilised by Traylor, both Copeland and Cage dive on top of Animal......making the cover for the one.....the two......and the three.....and as the official hands the new Champions their title belts, the Totally Awesome Trinity quickly bail from the ring and up the aisle-way, where The Enforcer raises the arms of Copeland and Cage in celebration, as Hawk looks on in frustration as he checks on his partner, and we go to an extended video package for our next contest......

Winner(s): .....and New WCW Tag Team Champions......Adam Copeland & Christian Cage

Quote:

VS.

.....which sees Diamond Dallas Page FINALLY get his opportunity to prove that he belongs in the big leagues.....when he faces one of the biggest names in wrestling.....The Warrior.....

.....DDP has made no secret at the frustration he's felt at the disrespect he's received from the Titans of Wrestling....Hollywood Hogan....Randy Savage....and especially The Warrior....all three members of the Holy Trinity of Wrestling have made it clear that they don't believe that Page deserves to share a ring with them...Hogan went so far as to say that the DDP's and Chris Benoit's of the year should be kissing his boots.....but perhaps the biggest insult came at the hands of The Warrior....who refused to even acknowledge the existence of Diamond Dallas Page, leaving challenge after challenge unanswered.....until Page took matters into his own hands, forcing the Warrior to acknowledge him when he delivered a Diamond Cutter to the concrete floor......

......the Warrior is a very different man right now too.....no way would the Warrior of six months ago turned down a challenge.....ANY challenge.....from ANYBODY.....but this isn't the Warrior of six months ago.....this is the Titan Warrior.....and the Titan Warrior is a complete contrast of his former self, highlighted from the second he makes his entrance.....no longer does he tear down the aisle at a thousand miles an hour.....no more does he dash around the ring.....dive onto the apron.....the shaking of the ropes is a thing of the past.....instead he walks slowly to the ring....clad in black and white, without a hint of the bright multi-colour outfits of the past.....and he's not alone either.....because the man who's always worked alone, tonight has the added support of Titan member Buff Bagwell (another man that felt the Diamond Cutter this past Monday night)......

......I was a little bit dubious about how well this match was going to go.....Warrior is mad over (and would probably be high up there on the Franchise Player list was he not classed as an "occasional" wrestler) but he's not exactly known for his high quality of matches.....not that he CAN'T have a bad match.....put him in there with the right opponent and he can have some amazing matches.....Dallas Page however hasn't even cracked the main event yet....he's a solid upper midcarder don't get me wrong, but he's still a good few places below the Warrior.....turns out that I shouldn't have been overly concerned, because these two certainly put on a good showing that over performed anything I was expecting.....Warrior's matches have actually improved since his character change....be that because he's not blown up before the match has even started anymore, or the fact that he just feels happier working as a heel, whatever it is it's working, with him even putting in a solid A performance here tonight.....

.......Warrior started the match as aloof with Page as he had been for the last few months....DDP puts a stop to that though, with an open handed slap that almost smacks the paint off the Warrior's face AND lights a fire under the Titan man.....Warrior predictably used his superior strength to his advantage throughout this one, with clubbing clotheslines, powerslams.....and even a piledriver......not to mention the fact that Buff Bagwell interferes at every possible opportunity (in between flirting with an unimpressed Kimberly)......

......this is somewhat of a coming out party for Diamond Dallas Page, because despite essentially fighting two men, nothing that Warrior does will keep his opponent down, and the frustration begins to show, especially when Dallas side steps a Warrior charge, leaving Titan to crash into Titan, after Buff Bagwell had (once again) put himself up onto the apron......Warrior and Bagwell collide, and Page is a split second away from victory after rolling Warrior up with a schoolboy while he's still dazed from the collision.....he stays on the offence with a number of punches and kicks, and Warrior catching the leg doesn't even help him, because Page turns it into a discus clothesline.......

.......Warrior is getting increasingly desperate as the match goes on....it's clear that Diamond Dallas Page isn't quite the pushover he originally thought.....and had it not been for Buff Bagwell, Page would have had this one in the bag after dropping his opponent with the Diamond Cutter right in the middle of the ring....Buff distracts the official however, meaning there is no one there to register the three count.....

......Page slaps the mat in frustration.....one, two, three, four.....well, you get my point.....he had at least a three count there, with no referee to make it official....finally he rolls off the Warrior, grabbing hold of the referee to let him know that he's not doing his job.....Bagwell continues to taunt from the apron, and Page finally levels him with a right hand.....which is when the Warrior nails him right in the kidney with a running knee.....Warrior plants Page with a bodyslam, followed by a running splash....he makes the cover, and to add insult to injury he places both feet on the ropes for extra leverage too, meaning no matter how hard he tries, Page simply can't get a shoulder up in time, as three seconds later, the Warrior has (perhaps an undeserved) victory....

Winner: The Warrior

Quote:

VS.

....and the fun doesn't stop there....because as soon as that bell rings, Buff Bagwell flys into the ring to join the Warrior in delivering a good old fashioned post match beatdown.....Dusty Rhodes is not impressed by this....saying that not only should Dallas Page have won this match, "but now he's getting a two on one clubbering too daddy".....Tony Schiavone agrees, musing disappointedly that everything is coming up Titan tonight.....first Copeland and Cage capture the tag team titles, and now this......

.....poor Dallas gets his ass handed to him here, until Warrior finally drags Buff off the New Jersey native and shoves him out of the ring, before picking Page up.....pressing him high overhead......and dropping him face first to the mat.....

.....Bagwell returns to the ring.....and he's not coming empty handed.....he has a couple of those now infamous spray cans, one of which he hands to the Warrior......Page is still face down on the mat and Warrior stands silent for a moment (looking down at him while Buff dances and prances around the ring like an annoying child) before dropping down to one knee and spraying those three famous letters across his back in black paint.....

.....the official is pleading with the Titan pair to stop the assault, but Warrior appears to be finished anyway, and he places one foot on the back of Page, then gives Bagwell a look....Bagwell takes the cue, and orders the reluctant referee to raise the arm of the victor, which Tony Schiavone is disgusted by, saying that The Warrior may well be the winner tonight....but as far as he is concerned, the real winner is Diamond Dallas Page.....and we go to a promo video hyping our next match.

Quote:

VS.

That next match is our second title match of the evening, as Eddie Guerrero puts the United States Championship on the line against Curt Hennig....and if you ask the (increasingly) arrogant champion, this will be nothing more than a formality, as he adds another name to the growing list of impressive opponents he has defeated.....and he may well have cause to be arrogant too....the "Papi of Perfection" has amassed quite the laundry list of victories in his relatively short tenure as US Champion, defeating WCW faithful's such as Diamond Dallas Page and Chris Benoit, as well as recent new arrivals such as Jeff Hardy and Rikishi Fatu....and so why it's easy to see why he would be so confident, he's never faced an opponent quite on the level of tonight's opponent.....

....Curt Hennig may have never held "the big one" in either of the two main promotions, but he is still a huge name.....and a huge name that perhaps could be standing here today as the WCW Champion....he does after all hold a victory over current champion Hollywood Hogan, albeit a disqualification one.....but still, Hogan will rarely be seen tasting ANY defeat unless his opponent is somewhere near his level.....maybe Mr. Guerrero won't be quite so confident when this one is all said and done.....

.....this match was actually really good....this is the first time that these two have faced off (in singles competition) and despite that they have fantastic chemistry in there.....both of these men are quick, and neither is afraid to sell like a superstar for the other one, making for a pretty exciting match with near falls galore.....Curt controls the opening portion of the contest, as Eddies arrogance gets the better of him and leaves him scrambling to the outside to regroup on a number of occasions.....when Eddie does finally manage to (cheat to) gain the upper hand he looks great out there....these two may be a step away from each other in terms of overness, but you wouldn't know it by the way Curt sells for the Champion....

.....Bobby Heenan is a big fan of Eddie, which Tony says comes as no surprise....he says that Eddie is a fantastic wrestler, who doesn't need to take short cuts to win, but does anyway.....which Bobby says is exactly why he likes him......

.....Eddie certainly stretches the rules on a number of occasions during this one, usually as Hennig is about to try a comeback attempt....eventually however Curt is able to fight his way back into this, and no amount of cheating can stop him.....and then it's Eddie's turn to return the favour, selling like a superstar for Hennig's offence, and by the end of the match the two are desperately trading moves in an attempt to pick up the victory.....when Curt finally catches Guerrero in the Hennig-Plex.....

.....the Champion struggles, but there's no escape, and as the referee's hand strikes the mat for the second time Eddie clearly realises this too.......because with his one free arm he reaches out, grabs hold of the official.....and pokes him right in the eye.....

.....Heenan finds that hilarious.....and it's certainly a different way to break up a pinfall attempt....unfortunately for Hennig the official doesn't find it quite as funny as The Brain, and he calls for the bell, disqualifying Eddie Guerrero and awarding the match (but not the championship) to Curt Hennig.....

......Eddie quickly rolls to the outside and grabs his title, as he backs up the ramp tapping at the side of his head with a huge cocky grin on his face....he makes sure to tell a nearby camera that now they can all see why they call him the Papi of Perfection.....(for the record Eddie, no one calls you that but you)......

.....the official attempts to raise Curt's hand in the ring, but Hennig is furious, shoving the referee away after telling him that he should have counted the three....and Curt may well have the right to feel robbed......that's two championship matches he's had won here in WCW....and two championship matches that he's walked out of as the victor, but not the champion.....he may have won this evening, but it's the loser that's celebrating in the aisle, as we go to the back.....

Winner: Curt Hennig (via Disqualification).....however, Still WCW United States Champion......Eddie Guerrero

Quote:

....where Mean Gene (we really need a second interviewer around here) is standing by with The Total Package, Lex Luger.....this isn't a long segment, more of a stop gap between two matches, as Gene asks Luger where he and The Giant go after tonight?.....he says that the two men were close friends up until their respective desires to topple Hollywood Hogan got between them.....they're facing each other tonight, can they ever truly get back to where they were before?.....

.....Lex says that he doesn't know.....he says that he hopes so, but on reflection, the Giant and him have both done things that they shouldn't be proud of....maybe once they go out there and settle their differences in the ring like men they can finally begin to mend some fences, but that's a concern for later down the line....because TONIGHT....if he can defeat the seven foot Giant, then surely Eric Bischoff and the Championship Committee will have no choice but to name HIM the number one contender to the WCW Title.....because make no mistake, the WCW Championship is what he wants.

Quote:

VS.

It's now time for foe's to collide, as the ego of man once again claims another wrestling friendship.....Lex Luger and The Giant have been bickering for months now over who should be the man to challenge Hollywood Hogan for the WCW Championship.....it was arguably their petty squabbling that cost Team WCW the victory in the War Games match with the Titans of Wrestling at Fall Brawl, and it only got progressively worse from there on in.....with perhaps the biggest misdemeanour coming a few weeks back on Nitro.....things came to a head after Sting descended from the rafters and (after some provocation on behalf of an arrogant Giant) nailed the seven footer with his baseball bat.....Giant took exception to that, and claimed that Lex Luger got his "good buddy" to do his dirty work for him.....it ALMOST came to blows there, but calmer heads prevailed.....

......from there the tensions only increased, and as Lex Luger found himself the recipient of a mass seven on one beatdown at the hands of the Titans of Wrestling, the Giant made his way out......not to help however......no, instead he watched Luger get his ass handed to him for a moment, before heading right to the back and leaving him to the Wolves.....

......pretty bad huh.....but it was tit for tat when Lex Luger did exactly the same thing this past Monday evening.....standing by and watching as The Giant was on the receiving end of a Titan Thrashing.....it was only the interference of Dallas Page and Chris Benoit (and finally a reluctant Luger) that halted that assault, and these two former friends finally exploded physically....that was six nights ago.....and I don't think they have calmed down just yet......

......the match itself tonight was decent....especially when you consider the fact that it was only around 14 minutes long, that and it was (technically) a babyface vs. babyface outing.....although you could argue that neither man has been acting particularly honourable.....so I guess this could be classed as a heel vs. heel match as well....whatever....we didn't have the traditional face vs heel divide.....

......the bout was all about power, and who had it.....Lex Luger is pound for pound one of the most powerful men here in WCW.....but the Giant, well....he's a damn giant.....and he's no slouch in the strength department either.....he's also somewhat of an immovable object, as Luger finds out......shoulder blocks, the forearm of doom, running clotheslines.....nothing puts the Giant down....and a bodyslam attempt only leaves the Total Package with a bad back to contend with.....Luger fires himself up with the support of the crowd and attempts a second bodyslam, but this time the Giant simply clubs him down to the mat with a series of blows, then proceeds to step on Lex, putting all of his (considerable) weight onto the back of the Total Package.....

.....from there the Giant proceeds to use his size and strength to punish his (former?) friend, letting Luger know that he should have just stepped aside and let the Giant go after Hollywood.....then it could have been Hogan getting crushed under his boot tonight instead of Lex......Luger won't stay down however.....and even though these two are both supposed to be faces, the crowd desperately rally's behind the Total Package, and eventually, in spite of the odds, Lex begins to fight his way back, rocking the big man with right hand after right hand....a running forearm.....and finally (with much effort) Lex picks the Giant up and bodyslams him to the mat in an impressive display of strength.....and THEN......he indicates that he's going to try the Torture Rack......

.....the announcers can't believe that Luger would even attempt to get this mammoth man up on his shoulders, but he's going to try.....he drags the Giant back to his feet and positions him......and lifts......

.....and gets the Giant up......

.....mostly......

......except on the way up, the long leg of the seven footer swings out and catches the official under the chin.....the referee goes down hard.....and Luger abandons the Torture Rack attempt to check on him.....

......the Giant could care less about the referee, and pulls himself back to his feet behind Luger, holding his hand high in the air, indicating that when Lex turns around it's going to be Chokeslam City.......

......which is when the crowd erupts......

......as the man called Sting rappels down from the rafters.....and lands right in the middle of the ring between Luger and The Giant......

......both competitors come to a standstill as Sting unhooked himself.....and pulls that black baseball bat out from under his coat.....he turns and stares first at Luger.....then The Giant.....pointing the bat at each man in turn.....before finally facing the Total Package again.....placing the baseball bat into Lex's hand.....and turning his back to him, arms outstretched....defenceless, vulnerable.....and waiting to see what Lugers actions will be......

.......to his credit Luger doesn't even think about it for a second.....he simply reaches out and places the end of the bat back into Sting's outstretched hand.....Lex has no intention of fighting TWO friends today.....

......without even turning back to acknowledge Lex's actions, Sting simply repeats the process.....this time handing the bat to the Giant, before turning around 180 degrees (so he's now facing Luger) and assuming the position again.....

......unlike Luger however, The Giant isn't so quick to concede the weapon.....and he considers it for a few moments as the crowd anticipation (and noise level) rises.....until finally making his decision......

......and swinging the bat hard at the back of Stings head.......

......unfortunately.....whether it was anticipation....a sixth sense....or simply the look on Lex Lugers face.....Sting ducks the blow before it can connect.....spins around.....and kicks the Giant right in the nuts......

......this ain't your daddies Stinger.....much like The Warrior, he's a changed man too.....and he has no qualms about dropping the Giant with that low blow.....speaking of dropping, the Giant drops the bat as he clutches at his groin, and Sting picks it right up and nails the big man right in the back of the head......

.......Luger tells Sting that he's had enough, but clearly the Stinger will decide what's enough.....because he drags the barely conscious Giant back to his feet.......and then drives the back of his head into the mat with the Scorpion Deathdrop.......and only THEN does Sting decide that the Giant has had enough......and without so much as a glance in Lugers direction, he climbs out of the ring and disappears into the crowd.....

......the referee finally begins to regain his senses, and seeing the unconscious Giant on the mat, clearly looks confused as to why Lex isn't making a cover.....Luger looks conflicted however, clearly not wanting to pick up the win like this, and he refuses to go for the pin, instead he climbs out of the ring and walks straight to the back......that leaves the official with a conundrum......because Luger is out of the ring.....but the Giant is down......so he does the only thing he can do......he begins to count......and by the count of ten, Giant is still down.....Luger is long gone.....the official decision?......no contest folks.

Winner: No Contest

Quote:

We have a brief video package hyping the ongoing saga between Bill Goldberg and The Faces of Fear, including the sight of the seemingly unstoppable Goldberg down in the middle of the ring on Nitro, courtesy of the Tongan Death Grip, before the master of said move, Meng, makes his way down to ringside, along with manager Jimmy Hart.....

.....the duo climb into the ring, and the crowd pops for the sound of the undefeated rookie's theme music......problem is, there's no sign of the undefeated rookie.....because Goldberg does not appear......

.....the music stops......then starts again, and again the crowd pops.....but again, no Bill Goldberg, and eventually the music stops once more, as a laughing Jimmy Hart grabs a microphone from ringside.....

.....he says that clearly being on the receiving end of Meng's Tongan Death Grip this past Monday night made Bill Goldberg realise that he's not as invincible as he might think, and he's wisely decided to stay as far away from Meng as he possibly can.....Jimmy says that while he can't blame Goldberg, there is the little matter of the match to deal with, so if the referee could go ahead and declare Meng the winner by forfeit that would be great.....

.....just then the Turnertron flickers to life....and despite Jimmy Harts insistence that it's turned back off, we see the missing Goldberg in the back, and he's in the fight of his life with Meng's Faces of Fear partner The Barbarian.....clearly Goldberg has been the victim of a sneak attack, and he even has a slight cut opened up on his head, but it's not stopping him from fighting back.....

.....clearly Jimmy Hart had a plan here.....get the Barbarian to jump Goldberg in the back, while Meng picked up an easy forfeit victory in the ring.....unfortunately, as Goldberg explodes forward and Spears Barb straight through the dry wall of the corridor and into the room beyond, it looks as though that plan has gone awry....because the rookie monster emerges from the rubble.....the Barbarian does not......and a p!ssed off looking Bill Goldberg is making his way towards the arena.....looks like we're going to get that match after all......

Quote:

VS.

.....and as his music plays for the third time this evening, Goldberg finally makes his way out from the back, marching towards Meng with purpose.....Meng isn't waiting however.....and he dives out of the ring to meet the rookie in the aisleway, and this one just explodes from there.....

.....these two bulls go straight at it on the outside, and if Goldberg was humanised on Nitro, he's humanised more so here.....because after suffering through one brawl already tonight (with the Barbarian) he's going through another one here, as he and Meng each attempt to bend the steel guardrails by driving their opponents heads into them.......

......the two men brawl up and down the aisle, finally ending up at ringside, where Goldberg tries to hit the Face of Fear with a Spear....except Meng moves out of the way and Goldberg crashes into the steel steps.....Meng continues the assault, bouncing his skull off the steps before Irish whipping him into the safety rail and then tossing into the ring, where the official finally gets this one underway.....

......Meng continues the attack, and the announcers say that this is the first time in Bill Goldberg's (short) career that he's not completely dominated his opponent, but they are also quick to point out that before this match even began he was involved in a brawl with the Barbarian backstage, that had culminated in the rookie monster spearing the Face of Fear straight through a wall.....

.....Goldberg blocks a series of punch attempts and goes for an Irish Whip, but Meng reverses it, then drops the undefeated star with a big savate kick on the return....he makes the cover, only getting a two, before positioning himself and waiting for his opponent to get back to his feet for what looks to be an attempt at locking on that Tongan Death Grip.....Schiavone says that if Meng is able to connect with this, then we may see Goldberg's first loss here in World Championship Wrestling, because this past Monday night the rookie was left laying.....

.....Goldberg pulls himself to his feet using the ropes, and Meng strikes.....and misses.....because Goldberg is able to duck the hold and backdrop Meng over the top rope and all the way down to the floor.....

.....it barely phases the Face of Fear however, who gets straight to his feet and charges straight back into the ring......where Goldberg is waiting with a huge Spear that plants Meng into the mat......Goldberg is battered.....Goldberg is bruised.....but he's not beat.....and with a final burst of effort he hoists Meng up high into the air with the Jackhammer, slamming him to the mat for the one, the two, and the three.......and after picking up wins 36 and 37 on WCW Saturday Night and War Room, that makes this rookie 38-0, as the Goldberg train goes marching on.

Winner: Bill Goldberg

OOC: While The Barbarian was happy enough to put Goldberg over a few weeks ago, Meng was not so happy about it, and needed both protecting AND keeping strong before he would do the j.o.b without complaint.....I tried to incorporate that in the match write up, but that's also why the pre match brawl with Barb occurred, to give Goldberg an excuse as to why he didn't dominate this match the way he usually does.....kayfabe brother.

Quote:

From there we cut to the back, where Kimberly is in the middle of trying to calm an irate Diamond Dallas Page down long enough for the trainers to check him over.....Page isn't having any of it though, shoving them away as he does his best to fire up Chris Benoit ahead of his upcoming match with Randy Savage......

.....Page tells Benoit that these Jack-off's of Wrestling think that they're untouchable.....unbeatable...but they ain't....Page says that he had the Warrior beat tonight...he says that he had his musclebound shoulder pinned to the mat for at least an eight count courtesy of the Diamond Cutter....and the only reason that he didn't walk out with the win, was because the Titans of Wrestling can't do ANYTHING by themselves....even the mighty Warrior needed Buff Bagwell to do his dirty work for him tonight.....

.....Page says that he knows damn well that Chris Benoit deserves to be in there with the very best, because he IS one of the very best wrestlers in the world today....he says that if Benoit goes out there and does what he does best, DDP will make sure that no one sticks their nose into the match.....and one by one....Savage....Warrior.....and especially Hollywood "Scum" Hogan.....they're all going to find out.........that there's no such thing as untouchable in World Championship Wrestling.

Quote:

VS.

That brief interlude brings us to our semi main event of the evening.....and I took a bit of a gamble with the positioning of this match, especially considering Chris Benoit's perceived position on the roster (upper midcard).....truthfully, had his opponent not been Randy Savage then you could well have been seeing the Luger/Giant match about now.....Savage is a special kind of Titan though.....he has the popularity and name value of a Hogan or Warrior, but on top of that (and despite his age) he is still capable of churning out some amazing matches.....remember earlier I said that our Tag Title match was the second best match on the card?......that's because this right here, Chris Benoit vs. Randy Savage was the match of the night......

......this year alone Savage has proved that he doesn't have to be in there with a main eventer to put on a great match.....he's had A rated matches with Eddie Guerrero, Bam Bam Bigelow, Ric Flair and Sting.....as well as against DDP and Benoit in a tag bout (also featuring the Warrior), in fact, Randy Savage alone has had more A rated matches that the rest of the Titan's of Wrestling combined.....so while this was a gamble, it was an educated gamble based on past performances....

......so how did we get here......essentially, much the same way we arrived at our Diamond Dallas Page/Warrior match earlier in the evening.....respect.....and a lack there of......Randy Savage initially took exception to the fact that a man at Chris Benoit's level had the audacity not only to place his hands on the Macho Man.....but to actually make him bleed at the Fall Brawl War Games match......as reward for his impressive display at that event, the face of the WCW championship committee, Eric Bischoff, granted Chris Benoit a shot at the United States Title the following night on Nitro.....a United States title that Chris Benoit was only moments away from capturing.....until Randy Savage interfered, costing him the match AND the title......and it all escalated from there......

.......unlike with the DDP/Warrior match earlier, Randy Savage makes his way out alone....there may be a Corporate Cannon working for "the other guys" but make no mistake about it, Randy Savage is perhaps the original loose cannon, and he's out here tonight to prove a point.....but then he's not the only one, because Benoit is desperate to prove that he belongs at the top of the card, and if he has to step over Savage to do that then all the better......

.....the intensity is on display from the get go, with the two men coming face to face as they wait for the bell to ring.....and when it does, Benoit instantly takes Savage down with a double-leg, and begins pounding away at him on the mat......Savage spins Benoit over, delivering a barrage of punches of his own......Benoit reverses that.....and Savage reverses that reversal....until the official finally separates the two men, ordering them back to a standing position.....

.....they go straight after each other again, brawling all the way back to the ropes, where Benoit sends Savage flying with an Irish Whip, following that up with a hard knee to the guts that flips Savage over on the rebound.....it worked once, so Benoit goes for the Irish whip again, this time dropping his head for a backdrop attempt, that Savage counters with a swinging neckbreaker.....Macho quickly scales the turnbuckles, coming off with a big ax handle from the top, before raking Benoit's face a toss the top rope, then choking him with the second.....

.....Savage stays on the offence for a moment, beating on Benoit before whipping him into the corner.....Savage follows him in, looking to deliver a series of right hands, but Benoit spins them around, switching their positions and lighting up Macho's chest with a flurry of hard knife edge chops.....a fast snap suplex by Benoit gets him a two count, before he's able to lock on an abdominal stretch......Savage hip-tosses out of that and follows up with a short clothesline that puts Benoit down......back to the top for Macho, who's looking to connect with that patented ax handle a second time.....this time Benoit is ready however, catching Savage in an impressive looking inverted atomic drop which he follows up on immediately with a belly to belly suplex.....and now it's Benoit who goes up, coming off with a diving headbutt that nets him a very long two count......

.....Benoit runs his finger across his throat, before surprisingly setting Savage up in position for the Tombstone Piledriver.....Macho wriggles free and goes for an Irish Whip which Benoit reverses, sending Savage crashing into the corner.....Benoit charges but runs right into Macho's boot, before Savage clotheslines him right over the top and out to the floor......Savage hops to the outside, where he charges Benoit, but the Crippler was waiting and he sends Macho flying with a back body drop on the outside......Benoit drags the Macho Man to his feet and tries to post him, but Savage reverses it and it's Benoit that strikes the steel.....a whip to the safety rail by Savage is followed up by a series of right hands, before Macho climbs up onto the apron and lets fly with an ax handle from there, before finally rolling Benoit back inside.....

......a lengthy period of offence now for Savage, that sees him connect with (amongst other things) a backbreaker, piledriver, and finally a bodyslam right in the middle of the ring, which Savage attempts to follow up with that patented diving elbow......but he takes too long and Benoit is able to shake the ropes (crotching Savage) before following that up with a massive Superplex that gives him the closest pinball attempt yet......

......the two go blow for blow now, with all semblance of "Wrestling" going out of the window as these two try and brawl their way to victory....they go back and forth in a frantic attempt to pick up the victory, before Savage gets the upper hand......and decides to head up top once more.....it didn't work out great for him last time.......doesn't work out great for him this time either.....because as he flys off with an Ax Handle attempt, Benoit is able to step to one side and hook the arm.....and in a pretty smooth transition, Randy Savage goes from sailing through the air, to being locked in the Crippler Crossface right in the middle of the ring.....

.....which is when Buff Bagwell comes rushing out from the back......true to his word however, Diamond Dallas Page is right behind him, and just as Buff is about to slide into the ring, Page grabs him by the foot and drags him back to the floor, where he proceeds to beat the crap out of him on the floor.......

.....Savage is tapping like mad inside the ring, but the official doesn't see it.....he's too distracted by Page and Bagwell.....

.....which is why he (and DDP) also misses the arrival of the Totally Awesome Trinity.....who come out of the crowd and slide into the ring......

.....Traylor nails Benoit in the back of the head with that ever present nightstick which finally breaks the Crossface.....Cage drags Benoit back to his feet, before planting him to the mat with the Downward Spiral.....and Copeland rolls the Macho Man on top of the downed Chris Benoit.....

.....the (totally awesome) trio roll back to the outside, just in time for he official to turn around....and three seconds later the Titans of Wrestling go three for three thanks to the (totally awesome) three.....that's a lot of three's....

Winner: Randy Savage

Quote:

....the bell rings and the Totally Awesome Trinity quickly grab the Macho Man and drag him to the outside, just as Diamond Dallas Page rolls into the ring to check on Benoit.....they join Bagwell in the aisle and the four men hoist the arms of Randy Savage high in the air in celebration.....briefly.....because Savage quickly pulls his left arm free to sell the pain of the Crossface he's just escaped from.....

....Page pounds the mat in frustration at the fact that once again tonight the Titans have screwed their way to victory from the jaws of defeat......although as Tony Schiavone points out, sometimes you can prove more in defeat than you can in victory, because had these two contests been competed fairly, you would be looking at two very different names in that win column.....although by the look of Page and Benoit's faces, that fact is of little consolation to them right now, and as the Titans of Wrestling disappear to the back victorious, the announcers question where these two men go from here.....because clearly they aren't done with ANY of the Titans of Wrestling.

Quote:

We have a final highlight package of the evening, featuring the road that's bought us to our main event.....Titan vs. Titan.....Hollywood Hulk Hogan vs. Jean Paul Levesque......and once that is wrapped we are treated to the arrival of Vince Russo.....who has the rest of the Titans of Wrestling with him......

.....he says that he wants to put to bed a rumour right now......there is NO dissension in the ranks of the Titans of Wrestling......he says that the Titans are a brotherhood.....a family.....and sometimes families fight, but at the end of the day, you patch up your differences and you move on, stronger than ever before......

.....so with that being said, the WHOLE family is coming out here to watch this one....and at the end of the day, no matter who walks out with the WCW Heavyweight Championship, they ALL win.....because like it or not, by the end of this evening.....the WCW Title will STILL be in the hands of the Titans of Wrestling......so let's get this over with.....let's settle it.....put it behind us........

"......oh.......and one more thing.......just so that we can really put this thing to bed tonight....in this match there will be NO count-outs......NO disqualifications......NO excuses.....there MUST be a winner......and may the best.....TITAN......win......."

Quote:

VS.

So this is it......this is what we've been waiting for.......it's Titan vs. Titan.....and as each man makes their entrance, the Titans at ringside offer them both words of encouragement.....it matters to Hollywood Hogan who holds the WCW Title.....it matters to Jean Paul Levesque who holds the WCW Title......but apparently, so long as ONE of these men holds the WCW Title the rest of the Titans don't seem to care who......

.....the two men come face to face in the middle of the ring, and there's a long stare down before Hollywood offers his hand to Levesque with somewhat of a smirk on his face, telling him "good luck....brother"....Levesque takes the WCW Champion's hand in his, before telling Hollywood that he doesn't need luck "I just need that WCW Championship.....brother"....

.....Champion and Challenger lock up, and it's blatantly obvious who the stronger man of the two is as Hollywood sends Levesque backwards on his ass (this is 1997 Triple H after all) followed by a few cups to the ear to the unimpressed crowd.....second lock up, and the result is the same as the first, with Hogan overpowering his younger challenger, hitting a few signature poses for good measure......Levesque is annoyed now clearly, and he initiates a third lock up which Hogan is only too happy to accept.....except this time Levesque doesn't actually bother locking up.....instead he kicks Hogan in the gut mid move, and goes to set up for the Pedigree.....Hogan frantically drops down out of the move and scurry back to the corner, leaving Levesque standing there, wearing a smirk of his own......

.....not happy with that at all, Hollywood grabs on to a side headlock.....Levesque backs the champion up to the ropes and pushes Hogan out of the hold, but a big shoulder barge by the champion puts Levesque on his backside again.....back to his feet and Levesque tells Hogan to try it again.....which he does.....except this time Levesque sidesteps Hollywood and uses his opponents own momentum to send him crashing through the middle ropes, where he lands at the feet of the other Titans.....

......the news that this was now a no count-out, no do match obviously pleased Levesque.....who follows Hogan to the outside where he whips Hogan into the guard rail....a series of right hands is followed by Levesque slamming Hogan right out there on the outside, right at the feet of Vince Russo....Hogan has the strength advantage, we've established that....but even the strongest man has to breathe....and Levesque bumps the violence up a notch as he grabs hold of a trailing camera cable, wrapping it around Hogan's throat and attempting to cut off the Champions air supply......Hollywood reaches out towards the rest of the Titans at ringside, but each one remains where they are, seemingly happy to watch this one play out whichever way it goes.....

......it's a thumb to the eyes that finally breaks the assault for Hogan.....who then slams Levesque spine first into the ring apron (while gulping down oxygen) before picking up a steel chair and clocking the challenger with it.....Levesque pulls himself up to all fours, but Hollywood is there waiting and clutching his leather weightlifting belt, which he whips the younger Titan mercilessly with, leaving stinging red marks across his back, before wrapping the belt around his fist and nailing Levesque right between the eyes with it, busting him open......

.......Levesque goes down and Hogan kneels beside him, lifting the man up to a seated position in front of the rest of the Titans, showing them the blood that's now flowing down the face of Levesque, (telling them that this is why he's the man) before hammering the open wound with blows from his belt clad fist.....

.....Hogan rolls the challenger back into the ring, and remains firmly in control as he works over the bloodied Levesque, taking full advantage of the no disqualification rule to take every cheap shot known to man.......raking his nails down the whipped back, choking......even biting at one point as he tries to edge closer to victory......Schiavone says that Vince Russo can spin this any which way he likes, but Tony can't see how these two men can just put this brutal battle behind them at the end of the match....

......finally Hogan decides that enough is enough, dragging Levesque back to his feet and backing him up to the ropes, where he delivers an Irish Whip, connecting with that patented Big Boot on the return.....he dusts his hands off, telling the Titans that it's time to put the young pretender away, as he backs off into the corner, before running across and dropping that big Legdrop of Doom.......or he would have.....had Levesque not moved.......because all Hogan connected with was canvas as he comes up clutching at his hip......

......the challenger takes a breather for a moment, before wiping the blood from his eyes and then going on the offence.....Hogan backs up to the corner, but Levesque follows him in, stomping at that weakened hip, finally stomping Hogan all the way down to the mat.....he drags the champion back to his feet and sends him across the ring, whipping him hard into the opposite corner.....so hard in fact that Hogan staggers out of the turnbuckles and back to the centre of the ring, where Levesque puts him down again with a running high knee.....

.....Levesque may be bloody.....but he's certainly not beaten.....Hogan on the other hand clearly doesn't like the way this is going, and attempts to bail to the outside....the challenger isn't going for that however, and he catches Hollywood by the tights before he makes it to the floor and duplexes him back into the ring from the apron.....again Hogan tries to claw his way to the outside, sliding under the bottom rope....but again Levesque gets hold of him.....this time grabbing him by the ankles and garrotting him on the bottom rope with a slingshot.....

.....Hogan slowly pulls himself back to his feet, and the crowd are solidly behind Levesque here.....the Titans may be remaining neutral but these fans clearly know who THEY want to win.....and the noise gets even louder as Levesque plucks Hollywood up and plants him to the mat with a huge spinebuster.......before signalling that he's going for the Pedegree......

......he hooks Hollywood's head into position.....grabs the arms.......

......and that's when the Titans of Wrestling storm the ring.......

......all of them.....

......and clearly they weren't as impartial as they made out......because they jump Levesque as a unit.......and beat the living crap out of him.....

......Russo picks up a microphone as the assault goes on.....calling Levesque a "stupid son of a bitch".....he says that this is what happens when you don't know your place on the pecking order.....did he REALLY think that he was going to step up and take the place of a wrestling icon like Hollywood Hogan?.......

......Levesque tries to fight back......but it's seven against one, and the (I guess now former) Titan member hasn't exactly made many friends considering the company he's been keeping.....so nobody is here to make the save.....finally Copeland drills Levesque to the canvas with an Impaler DDT, and Cage rolls the fallen Titan over, leaving him in the perfect position for Hollywood Hogan's Legdrop of Doom......and three seconds later, Jean Paul Levesque's Championship dreams.....much like his tenure with the Titans of Wrestling.....AND this match......is over......

Winner: .....and Still WCW Champion......Hollywood Hogan

Quote:

Hollywood Hogan is handed his WCW Championship, as the Titans of Wrestling celebrate his victory.....Tony Schiavone says that whether you like Jean Paul Levesque or not, this is still a sickening sight to see, and shows you just how low the Titans of Wrestling will stoop......and if they will do this to one of their own.....their brother.....their friend.....then what will they do to the rest of WCW......

.....Heenan says that Jean Paul Levesque forgot one important rule when it came to professional wrestling.....there ARE no friends.....only people you can make money WITH....and people that are going to COST you money in the end.....and Jean Paul Levesque winning tonight, would have cost Hollywood Hogan a LOT of money.....

.....it looks as though the excommunication is about to be made official....because as Hollywood gives Levesque another lashing from his weight lifting belt, Buff Bagwell rolls to the outside to collect The paraphernalia, as the bag full of spray cans enters the ring.....and after taking part in his fair share of "tagging", it looks as though Levesque is about to get a little taste of his own medicine...........

........until the crowd goes nuts.......

..........because a familiar looking face is climbing over the barricade at speed.........

........and Shawn Michaels dives into the ring, taking Buff Bagwell's head off his shoulders with that Sweet Chin Music......

.......Tony Schiavone absolutely loses his mind.....telling Bobby Heenan that he might claim there are no friends in professional wrestling, but Jean Paul Levesque will tell you differently......because Shawn Michaels is here at Halloween Havoc, and he's here to defend his friend......

........the Titans are shocked to a standstill as the former WWF Champion who hasn't been seen in ANY capacity in over two months takes out Buff.....and it's that split second of hesitation that works in Michaels favour......because that seven on one advantage turns to six with Bagwell down......and five when Shawn spins and hits Christian Cage with a second Sweet Chin Music......five turn to four when Ray Traylor charges, because Michaels pulls down the top rope, and the Enforcer tumbles to the outside.......and as Adam Copeland comes running, a huge back body drop sends the WCW Tag Team Champion flying over the top rope, where he goes down to the floor, crashing into Traylor on route.......and then there were three......

.....THE three......the Holy Trinity of Professional Wrestling......Hollywood Hogan.....Randy Savage......and The Warrior.......

.....Levesque pulls himself to his feet, still a bloody mess, but a huge smile breaks out on his face when he sees who's standing by his side......but the odds are still not in their favour.....

.....unlike Bagwell and the Totally Awesome Trinity, Hogan, Savage and The Warrior know better than to charge in all guns blazing......they have the numbers advantage.....Levesque is spent.....they have time to develop a plan........

......except they don't.......

.....because that's when the crowd erupts again......and for the second time that evening, Sting descends from the rafters.....

.....the Holy Trinity back up now.....the numbers are no longer in their favour.....and as Sting pulls that trusty baseball bat out from under his coat they out and out bail, scattering to the outside where they join the rest of the Titans.....

......Sting turns......and comes face to face with Shawn Michaels......and if the crowd popped at Michaels initial appearance, they damn near blow the roof off the place when these two men go eye to eye......

......Shawn Michaels is in hostile waters here.....after all, he spent the best part of two years trying to bury World Championship Wrestling, while Sting spent the best part of the last ten years trying to carry it on his back......Michaels doesn't really know what to expect here, and he is ready to fight should he need to......until Levesque's hand on his shoulder reminds him why he is here in the first place........and the sight of Hollywood Hogan holding the WCW Championship reminds Sting why he is here in the first place......and as Halloween Havoc comes to a close, it's Jean Paul Levesque....Sting......and Shawn Michaels standing shoulder to shoulder in the middle of the ring......and as Tony Schiavone enthusiastically cries out that "this may be the most important night, in all of professional wrestling history"....for once.....he might have a point.....

.....see you tomorrow night fans.....

Final Rating: B+