Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1801  
Unread 10-18-2019, 08:09 PM
cappyboy's Avatar
cappyboy cappyboy is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfanmas View Post
Running an MLW save, currently in October 2018, using the WWE split mod (can't remember the actual name of the mod, but the one where all the WWE shows are broken down into their own separate promotion). 3 questions:

1. Trying to come up with 4 or 5 talents that can be used as jobbers. I know, the short answer is I could pretty much pick anybody and make them a jobber, but I want to find guys that won't complain about losing every match. Any suggestions?
First question that comes to mind is whether you have Ariel Dominguez or not. This is exactly how MLW tells to use him in reality. Another name that comes to mind is Sam Thompson. I know OVW put TV gold on him but he's rather a small guy to envision him getting much traction outside the Davis Arena. Maybe someone like Ashton Kove and William Lutz. Been a few months behind with OVW but last I saw they were essentially jobbers. Heck, just scan OVW's undercard and think about grabbing guys who have the right personality for your purposes. They'll get better exposure for you than in Louisville.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfanmas View Post
2. Trying to find a new opponent for a main event title feud. Current champ is Jeff Cobb. Possible options currently on the roster are MVP, "Filthy" Tom Lawlor, and Tommy Mercer. I don't want to sign anybody new for the main event scene right now because I have more than enough capable guys.
I like the MVP idea. The splashy big name vs the bare bones, straight ahead mauler sounds like a natural clash of personas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfanmas View Post
3. Right now, my MLW Tag Team champs are the Lucha Bros. Trying to find some teams to feud with them. I can throw some guys together on the current roster, but my best bet is going to be to sign some experienced tag teams, as in my save, no tag team on the MLW roster really matches up with the Lucha Bros. I could always bring in LAX, but that's been done in real life. Any ideas, I would sure appreciate it. Thanks.
What alignment are the Lucha Bros in your game? I know they would have been faces in real having broken away from Promociones Dorado. Have you taken them the same direction? Because if you have, we're looking for teams that would work as henchies. War Machine available or they getting spoiled by WWE? Is Jax Dane available so you could have him be the War Kings with Mercer? Selena took on Los Parks to make up for losing Penta & Fenix. That could be a way for you to go if you don't mind mimicking reality. How about Jacob Fatu? Maybe have him work with Lance Anoi'a and have a battle of the Samoan legacy vs the Lucha Bros.
Reply With Quote
  #1802  
Unread 10-22-2019, 05:49 AM
joshbrady91's Avatar
joshbrady91 joshbrady91 is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 266
Default Help

Hello, i have not been playing TEW for too long, i am a newbie really, but i need some help with getting better show grades. I have read up extensively but nothing seems to help, i run storylines, i put main eventers against main eventers and mid-carders against mid-carders etc, i use angles, i play to strengths, yet i still get cards of like 45-55 max. I'm losing money monthly, popularity going up in 10 and down in 15 basically every show. I have done 5 shows and 1 PPV so far and am using a real world database and im owner of AEW. Any tips would be great!

Maybe the MOD has workers popularity too low for the company (3rd ranked company in the game)?
Reply With Quote
  #1803  
Unread 10-22-2019, 08:47 AM
Historian's Avatar
Historian Historian is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshbrady91 View Post
Hello, i have not been playing TEW for too long, i am a newbie really, but i need some help with getting better show grades. I have read up extensively but nothing seems to help, i run storylines, i put main eventers against main eventers and mid-carders against mid-carders etc, i use angles, i play to strengths, yet i still get cards of like 45-55 max. I'm losing money monthly, popularity going up in 10 and down in 15 basically every show. I have done 5 shows and 1 PPV so far and am using a real world database and im owner of AEW. Any tips would be great!

Maybe the MOD has workers popularity too low for the company (3rd ranked company in the game)?
In general, the AEW popularity will be lower than their overall company ranking, but that is accurate to reality. Sammy Guevera (I could be spelling that wrong) is an almost unknown in modern wrestling. He's never been on national TV or PPV before AEW, yet is apart of their featured stable.

You'll want to get some more popular workers. Are you using the *right* kind of angles. Are you giving guys who can really talk time to talk? Guys with menace angles to be menacing? (This means rated on menace). Are you putting workers in angles rated on their overness (popularity) when they don't have a lot of popularity? I'm happy to help you figure it out. Feel free to send me a PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1804  
Unread 10-22-2019, 01:43 PM
TNAfever TNAfever is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: France
Posts: 117
Default

Hi,

I'm about to reboot a WCW 92 save (ok i only got two weeks for first run but i made a couple of mistakes and wanna correct some contract lenghts to stick more to real life)

I want to hire Bret Hart since his WWF contract expires in January (one of the most intriguing wrestling what ifs?), but I hesitate which road to try : put him in the vast feud Sting friends vs Dangerous Alliance, or build him from scratch with minor feuds?

my global plan for upcard matches Starrcade is this :

- Vader (c) vs Bret Hart for World title
- Sting vs Nikita Koloff (if still active)
- Rude vs ? (preferably up and coming babyface star, yet to be chosen) for US
Reply With Quote
  #1805  
Unread 11-01-2019, 10:30 PM
cappyboy's Avatar
cappyboy cappyboy is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNAfever View Post
- Rude vs ? (preferably up and coming babyface star, yet to be chosen) for US
Guy that comes to mind for me here given the time frame is Marc Mero. Or Johnny B. Badd as WCW used to call him. The bump and grind Ravishing heel vs the more Little Richard inspired face that Mero was at this time seems like you ought to get some great contrast angles going between them.
Reply With Quote
  #1806  
Unread 11-02-2019, 09:22 PM
RatedRKO16's Avatar
RatedRKO16 RatedRKO16 is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNAfever View Post
Hi,

I'm about to reboot a WCW 92 save (ok i only got two weeks for first run but i made a couple of mistakes and wanna correct some contract lenghts to stick more to real life)

I want to hire Bret Hart since his WWF contract expires in January (one of the most intriguing wrestling what ifs?), but I hesitate which road to try : put him in the vast feud Sting friends vs Dangerous Alliance, or build him from scratch with minor feuds?

my global plan for upcard matches Starrcade is this :

- Vader (c) vs Bret Hart for World title
- Sting vs Nikita Koloff (if still active)
- Rude vs ? (preferably up and coming babyface star, yet to be chosen) for US
Hed gain popularity faster being in angles with Sting getting him fully ready to take on Vader. If you go this route, I'd have Vader kayfabe injure Sting and Bret Hart ensure revenge for his friend. (A storyline I commonly use)
Reply With Quote
  #1807  
Unread 11-06-2019, 07:31 AM
hlg.'s Avatar
hlg. hlg. is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Berlin, Manygerm
Posts: 12
Default Appreciation

Before I dwell deeper into this thread, I have to say Thanks to EVERYONE who has contributed. Adam for making an awesome game and everyone asking and answering questions.
Time and focus/energy is a limited commodity in real life, and I know this thread will enhance my experience. So to anyone contributing, a sincere thank you for this very unique instructions manual. You people have already helped me survive the coming winter!!!
Reply With Quote
  #1808  
Unread 11-06-2019, 08:56 AM
Perpetual Nirvana's Avatar
Perpetual Nirvana Perpetual Nirvana is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 52
Default

I want to know why you can sometimes turn developmental callups straight away because the game says they haven't debuted yet, and sometimes you can't. I swear I was able to turn Drew McIntyre right after I called him up, then I had to reload and it wouldn't let me.
Reply With Quote
  #1809  
Unread 11-09-2019, 04:12 AM
TNAfever TNAfever is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: France
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappyboy View Post
Guy that comes to mind for me here given the time frame is Marc Mero. Or Johnny B. Badd as WCW used to call him. The bump and grind Ravishing heel vs the more Little Richard inspired face that Mero was at this time seems like you ought to get some great contrast angles going between them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatedRKO16 View Post
Hed gain popularity faster being in angles with Sting getting him fully ready to take on Vader. If you go this route, I'd have Vader kayfabe injure Sting and Bret Hart ensure revenge for his friend. (A storyline I commonly use)
thanks for your input! i booked the whole month january of replicating more or less like in reality, and Rude gained nearly 10pts of overness everywhere, thanks for 2 rated-100 angles with his pre-catchphrase insulting the crowd

so I guess Rude will be before the end of the year dethroning Sting as world champ instead of Vader

i keep the idea of making a Rude/Badd feud, that makes sense!

now i've pretty much things wrapped up for my top guys in 92, Hart will gain the US Title in a tournament following Rude vacating it since becoming world champ
Reply With Quote
  #1810  
Unread 11-13-2019, 09:18 PM
The Lariat's Avatar
The Lariat The Lariat is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 97
Default

Running a NJUSA game. I set them to be a few points below ROH, save for a small bump in the South West region, and within a year I’ve grown to Cult and have workers on written contracts. Not too much, but enough that I feel confident to try booking more than 1-2 times a month.

I have a New Japan World set up for events, but would it be in my best interest to try and get deals elsewhere? Maybe use NJWorld for events and use different broadcasters for weekly shows?
Reply With Quote
  #1811  
Unread 11-16-2019, 10:41 PM
RatedRKO16's Avatar
RatedRKO16 RatedRKO16 is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,938
Talking

So I've ran into a bit of an issue in my post WM II save. Andre just won the title over Dusty Rhodes (Hogan was injured, play special guest referee. Dusty went for a chair and Hogan gave him the big boot, then quick counted after Andre gave Dusty the slam. Mania ends with undefeated Andre with the title and Hogan congratulating him. )

Post Mania Andre gets hit with another pain killer issue. Last time I had fined him with no result so this time I opted to send him to rehab, which was the right choice as his behavior improved, he was happy and hopefully this will prevent his time decline from falling faster. Problem is hes my champ and is in rehab for 6 months.

My original plan was Andre hold the title for a year and drop it to Hogan with the heel turn and the slam in Mania 3 like real life, only difference is Andre enters the match with the title.

So now my plan is to have the same thing happen in a year but I need to get the title on Hogan. Andre can make his heel turn. The slam can happen. Etc

My issue is leading up. I have Dusty Rhodes who could be granted back the title since he was last champion and was somewhat screwed by Hogan. Leading to a match at SummerSlam in which Hogan wins back the title. I kind of am leaning this way since Dusty only had a 2 month reign and this way his reign(s) look longer and make him seem more of a legit champion rather than a fluke.

Option #2 Is Commissioner Monsoom makes Hogan and Dusty face each other at the next big event in which Hogan wins the title and holds it until he meets Andre. Mania 3 still happens as it did irl.

Option #3 is Commissioner Monsoon makes a tournament in which Dusty Rhodes wins back the championship. Hogan can either be DQed out in the tournament or told hes not allowed to enter bc of his role during Andre vs Dusty.

Option #4 is the same except Roddy Piper or Randy Savage win the tournament. They would probably meet in the semis and Dusty and Hogan would meet in the semis. Dusty and Hogan would go on first and end in a double DQ or double count out. This would extend the Hogan/Dusty feud out to SummerSlam without the title being involved. Savage vs Piper would become the finals. The two have been feuding after Piper turned on Savage after losing the tag team championships. Piper beat Savage at WM II in my highest ranked match ever so I know Savage/Piper = $$$. What I was leaning towards was Savage winning the strap and evening the score to 1 win to 1. They would feud over the strap until SummerSlam which would end in an iron man match or best 2 out of 3 falls. Then Andre or Hogan would win the title back around Survivor Series or Royal Rumble with the other wrestler winning the Rumble, face off at Mania as in real life.

The more I write It out and think about it, the more I like option 4. It seems less predictable, but it also seems rushed/chaotic at the end of the year. Option 3 I like bc of Dusty's extended reign he deserves and Hogan gets his retribution at SummerSlam, also, the tournament makes more sense from a kayfabe perspective.

Hogan holding the title for another year plus totally turns me off since hes increasingly become more negative backstage as my game goes on. I'd like to be able to call an audible if he becomes much worse.

What should I do? Does anyone have any other thoughts or ideas?
Reply With Quote
  #1812  
Unread 11-17-2019, 02:50 AM
Editor6's Avatar
Editor6 Editor6 is offline
Minor League
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatedRKO16 View Post
So I've ran into a bit of an issue in my post WM II save. Andre just won the title over Dusty Rhodes (Hogan was injured, play special guest referee. Dusty went for a chair and Hogan gave him the big boot, then quick counted after Andre gave Dusty the slam. Mania ends with undefeated Andre with the title and Hogan congratulating him. )

Post Mania Andre gets hit with another pain killer issue. Last time I had fined him with no result so this time I opted to send him to rehab, which was the right choice as his behavior improved, he was happy and hopefully this will prevent his time decline from falling faster. Problem is hes my champ and is in rehab for 6 months.

My original plan was Andre hold the title for a year and drop it to Hogan with the heel turn and the slam in Mania 3 like real life, only difference is Andre enters the match with the title.

So now my plan is to have the same thing happen in a year but I need to get the title on Hogan. Andre can make his heel turn. The slam can happen. Etc

My issue is leading up. I have Dusty Rhodes who could be granted back the title since he was last champion and was somewhat screwed by Hogan. Leading to a match at SummerSlam in which Hogan wins back the title. I kind of am leaning this way since Dusty only had a 2 month reign and this way his reign(s) look longer and make him seem more of a legit champion rather than a fluke.

Option #2 Is Commissioner Monsoom makes Hogan and Dusty face each other at the next big event in which Hogan wins the title and holds it until he meets Andre. Mania 3 still happens as it did irl.

Option #3 is Commissioner Monsoon makes a tournament in which Dusty Rhodes wins back the championship. Hogan can either be DQed out in the tournament or told hes not allowed to enter bc of his role during Andre vs Dusty.

Option #4 is the same except Roddy Piper or Randy Savage win the tournament. They would probably meet in the semis and Dusty and Hogan would meet in the semis. Dusty and Hogan would go on first and end in a double DQ or double count out. This would extend the Hogan/Dusty feud out to SummerSlam without the title being involved. Savage vs Piper would become the finals. The two have been feuding after Piper turned on Savage after losing the tag team championships. Piper beat Savage at WM II in my highest ranked match ever so I know Savage/Piper = $$$. What I was leaning towards was Savage winning the strap and evening the score to 1 win to 1. They would feud over the strap until SummerSlam which would end in an iron man match or best 2 out of 3 falls. Then Andre or Hogan would win the title back around Survivor Series or Royal Rumble with the other wrestler winning the Rumble, face off at Mania as in real life.

The more I write It out and think about it, the more I like option 4. It seems less predictable, but it also seems rushed/chaotic at the end of the year. Option 3 I like bc of Dusty's extended reign he deserves and Hogan gets his retribution at SummerSlam, also, the tournament makes more sense from a kayfabe perspective.

Hogan holding the title for another year plus totally turns me off since hes increasingly become more negative backstage as my game goes on. I'd like to be able to call an audible if he becomes much worse.

What should I do? Does anyone have any other thoughts or ideas?
I think #3 is the best option here, as it makes the most sense. Have Monsoon tell Hogan "Look, it's kind of your fault we even have to do this," and not put him in the tournament. I do like #4, but there are a lot of moving parts. I'd like #2 more if Dusty won and you built to a rematch, but I'm not sure Hogan would allow it.
Reply With Quote
  #1813  
Unread 11-17-2019, 05:23 PM
tomr_c tomr_c is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 1
Default

Hi all,

Running into a bit of wall during my Invasion save. The Rock and Austin have been warring since The Rock returned after Backlash 2001. So far it's gone like this;

At Judgement Day, The Rock defeated Kurt Angle to become the #1 contender to Austin's title. Meanwhile, Austin & Triple H lost the WWF Tag titles to the Dudleyz, splitting up the Power Trip. The Dudleyz are fired the next night by Vince for putting Stephanie through a table.

At King of The Ring, The Rock takes on chickenshit heel Austin in the main event the match ends in a draw after interference from The Dudley Boyz and several ECW wrestlers, kicking off the 'invasion.' Heyman says he used Vince's paranoia of Shane's WCW to sneak in the back door.

At Fully Loaded, a 5-on-5 tag match between WWF and ECW ends in victory for ECW when The Rock and Austin struggle to get along, while the newly returned Cactus Jack turns on the WWF to join ECW. During the build up, Austin turned face, returning to help WWF v ECW. The Rock has been more of a tweener, getting more and more obsessed with reclaiming the WWF title, often leaving Austin open to attacks from ECW.

At SummerSlam, Cactus Jack, The Rock and Austin square off in a triple threat match for the WWF title. Cactus Jack gets the win, after Tazz (who I have been pushing hard) interferes to attack The Rock. As with all the SummerSlam matches on this card, losing title chasers are not eligible to fight for the title for 90 days.

At Unforgiven, The Rock feuds with Tazz, who beats him after The Rock is not medically cleared to wrestle and not at 100%. Meanwhile, Austin has a mini comedy feud with Sandman and Tommy Dreamer who he beats in a handicap match. Meanwhile, Vince has enlisted Shane's WCW team to take on ECW as Rock and Austin are out of the title picture. WCW win but immediately turn on Shane, with Eric Bischoff revealed as the mastermind of their victory.

This is where I'm stuck. I know where I want to go, The Rock and Austin are forced by Vince to team up and defeat Tazz and Big Show at No Mercy for the WWF Tag titles, becoming reluctant partners, while not completely at war, not trusting each other, maybe with a brief honeymoon period in the middle, acting as a true tag team unit.

At Survivor Series, The Rock defeats Booker T for WCW Championship, while Steve Austin defeats DDP to become the #1 contender for the WCW Championship, just so we can have Austin / Rock at Bischoff's Starcade (Armageddon), while they are still tag champs. This will be the end of The Rock and Steve Austin feud. They can drop the tag titles soon after this.

Where I'm stuck, is I can't find a reason that Rock and Austin would logically team, even if Vince forced them to. I had an idea to do a few funny counselling skits (like Daniel Bryan & Kane) but I don't think that would happen during an 'Invasion' all hands on deck kind of war.

As of now, The Rock is still semi-injured from his attack from Tazz. I want to keep an Austin / Bischoff feud for the run up to 'Mania but could introduce it sooner.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Reply With Quote
  #1814  
Unread 11-17-2019, 05:52 PM
The Lariat's Avatar
The Lariat The Lariat is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 97
Default

Tazz and Rock already have a history with one another, so you could build off of that. Maybe Tazz and Big Show attack Rock backstage one week, try to do the same the next week only for Austin to come to his aid. Austin can say "I didn't help you, I just wanted a piece of ECW" as there would still be some tension between the two.

From there, Austin becomes a primary target of ECW as well, forcing him and Rock to come to each other's aid while maintaining that it's circumstances forcing them to help out, not some form of loyalty. This could lead to both men wanting to get their hands on Tazz and Big Show, with Vince forcing them to realize that they would need to team up to do so. This can be explained by Heyman stating that Tazz and Big Show wouldn't wrestle in singles matches due to their status as champions, forcing them to reluctantly team together.
Reply With Quote
  #1815  
Unread 11-17-2019, 08:24 PM
RatedRKO16's Avatar
RatedRKO16 RatedRKO16 is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor6 View Post
I think #3 is the best option here, as it makes the most sense. Have Monsoon tell Hogan "Look, it's kind of your fault we even have to do this," and not put him in the tournament. I do like #4, but there are a lot of moving parts. I'd like #2 more if Dusty won and you built to a rematch, but I'm not sure Hogan would allow it.
I think Hogan would allow option 2. He dropped the title to Dusty but I had to put keep strong and protect road agent notes on. Dusty is 93 pop across the board and Hogan is 98. Itll not be a great main event if Dusty wins but it could happen.

My problem with Hogan for option 3 is he doesn't have much to do. I suppose Dusty wins the tournament. He can beat Savage with the help of Piper which keeps the Savage/Piper feud going strong.

I have Jake the Snake as a heel, DiBiase as a heel (IC champ) and Ricky Steamboat as face in the low 90s pop. I guess a Dusty vs Steamboat program could happen.

Hogan then would have to feud with Jake or DiBiase. I was wanting Jake to be the man to knock off Hogan after Mania 3. I'm building him up as a super heel who is attacking wrestlers with his snake. But it might be too early for this feud with no title involved. DiBiase could work but he has a title Hogan wouldnt care for. The next heels down the line are Backlund and Bundy who Hogan has already beaten multiple times.

Hogan is my problem. Haha
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.