Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-13-2019, 11:00 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by efferr View Post
Hello. I am looking to start a new game using the Global Verse mod. I want full control over all the organizations. Is there a way I can start the game with 3 different organizations and ensure no new ones open?. Also, how do I add more teams to the universe?.

thank you.

EDIT: I have found out how to add more Teams to the game. In regards to being able to control more then one organization.. if I start the game as a 3 player game (one player to control each organization) I lose the ability to sim multiple days at a time. Is it possible for 1 Player to control multiple organizations?
Like you indicate, you lose the ability to sim for multiple days. You can never control 2 orgs. What you can do is just play 1 massive org and LABEL the fighters as to which org they are in. That way you can book all events at once. I don't believe anyone ever tried, but it's doable on paper. That way the labels are being used. I've never heard of anyone ever using it. You only "lose" your icon and banner, but it's not like it makes a difference on gameplay.

There's a setting that turns off new orgs, even if some are set to debut (unsure).
Unread 11-14-2019, 02:02 PM

Is it possible to turn of those damn scandals with a Code or something? I see that they are a nice try, but when you relive the real-game world with the original booking they destroy absolutely everything!
Unread 11-14-2019, 02:49 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
Is it possible to turn of those damn scandals with a Code or something? I see that they are a nice try, but when you relive the real-game world with the original booking they destroy absolutely everything!
Just raise your popularity back manually if it's that that concerns you.

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Be...n-Cards-165805
-> Would be nice to see that feature in the next WMMA, if there ever is one. Right now it's only possible with regional companies.
Unread 11-16-2019, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Just raise your popularity back manually if it's that that concerns you.

-> Would be nice to see that feature in the next WMMA, if there ever is one. Right now it's only possible with regional companies.
Thanks for your advice, but it doesn't work. I put back the popularity of my company from High Lever International to Mid Level National and the scandal again emerged
Unread 11-16-2019, 10:17 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
Thanks for your advice, but it doesn't work. I put back the popularity of my company from High Lever International to Mid Level National and the scandal again emerged
That's not what I meant. Any popularity loss after it emerged can be recovered manually. Honestly, though it's a huge impact, it will never bankrupt you so why bother? It's a choice you make to either let go or persevere. If you have a PPV deal it doesn't matter at all.
Unread 11-16-2019, 11:01 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post

This would be awesome to have if a new version ever comes out. Here's rooting for it one day.
Unread 11-16-2019, 07:23 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn michaels View Post
This would be awesome to have if a new version ever comes out. Here's rooting for it one day.
I've done it before with "bought out" companies, but given the rarity of the whole thing, and the fact it takes years to process the debt, the dream opponents might be on a losing streak by them.
Unread 11-22-2019, 07:42 AM
Minor League

Default Can you assign a title to somone?

I ran a tournament. I want the winner to have a new title. Is it possible to go back and assign the winner the title after the tournament is complete?
Unread 11-22-2019, 08:08 AM
Minor League

Default PLEASE Adam!!! Do a boxing game!!!

I know, I know, it's been brought up hundreds of times. With TBCB being all but dead as a future game, there has got to be a market for a boxing game that is as solid as all of the GDS games. I WILL PAY IN ADVANCE

Just saying... PLEASE ADAM!!!!

Unread 11-22-2019, 08:02 PM
Low Minors

Does a fighter's feelings on his retirement ever change? Like, if you talk to someone on the day they retire and they don't want to come back, is there a point to checking in on them from time to time or is that the final decision? Thanks.
Unread 12-03-2019, 11:28 AM
Minor League

Question for modders- how much has changed in terms of modding since WMMA 3. I've started playing again and figured I would work on my 07 mod that I haven't touched since WMMA 3. The converter shouldn't cause too many problems right?
Unread 12-08-2019, 10:16 AM
Rookie

Interesting scenario - I'm running a real world mod where Royce and Renzo Gracie are blood relatives.

Typically, they always refuse to fight each other. I've tried to match them up a couple times, and they understandably turn it down.

However, I did a multi-night tournament and they ended up meeting in the finals. I went to book it (also for the MW belt) and they surprisingly accepted! What would've caused that? Is it that it's for the belt? That it's the final of a tournament and they knew this might happen? My user talents haven't changed at all, so it has to be other circumstances.

(As an aside, pretty fun fight for my Low Level Regional company in 1997! Royce is 9-0, Renzo is 2-1. Both made it through the 8-man tournament to meet in the finals, they're cousins, and it's for the MW belt. Lotta hype behind it.)

Last edited by Phaeno : 12-08-2019 at 10:43 AM.
Unread 12-08-2019, 10:46 AM
GDS Developer

It's because it's a tournament.