Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 07/08/2010 > Total Extreme Wrestling 07/08/2010 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-28-2009, 11:47 PM
All Star

Default ECW: Who Let This Guy Book???

INT -- RECEPTION AREA

I sat in the plush leather chair and stared out the window at the scenery outside. The sun was still low in the sky, and I was fighting off the twin feelings of extreme anxiety, and extreme exhaustion. Not being able to sleep, combined with far too many energy drinks, left me in this strange state where I had to force myself to think straight. Not the condition I would have chosen to be in for this.

RECEPTIONIST
"He's ready for you now. Good luck."

I swallowed the dry lump in my throat, got up, and pushed open the solid oak door... and time sort of blurred a bit, and I was suddenly sitting before the large, but oddly unostentatious, desk, wondering why the man on the other side was even deigning to speak to me.

VINCE MCMAHON
"I suppose you're wondering why I'm even deigning to speak to you."

ME
"The thought had crossed my mind, sir."

VINCE MCMAHON
"Well, I've been reading your blog. Well, not me. People who work for me. I'm too busy for that sort of thing myself... but they gave me a rundown of what you've been saying. I have to admit... half of what you've been saying, I've been thinking of myself. The rest... well, every so often, you hit upon something brilliant, that I wish I'd thought of before."

I started beaming. I think.

VINCE MCMAHON
"The rest, of course, is pure and utter crap."

I stopped smiling.

VINCE MCMAHON
"Still, that's a better ratio than anyone I've got working for me. That's why we have 'creative teams' here... I need to combine people together in order to get the number of crappy ideas down and the good ideas floating to the surface. So, when can you start?"

ME
"I... beg your pardon?"

VINCE MCMAHON
"I'm sure you have to give your two-weeks notice. That's fine, we're busy with Summerslam, you won't be starting until after that anyway. What is it you do again?"

ME
"I, uh... I do computer programming. For a... insurance company."

VINCE MCMAHON
"Fascinating. Well, I'm sure they pay you well, so the salary won't be much different."

I quoted what my yearly salary was. Vince, to his credit, did his best not to laugh. And almost succeeded.

VINCE MCMAHON
"Well, it will be a lot different then. And of course, you'll be an employee, not a contractor, so you'll have full health, dental, stock options, and an expense account for travel."

ME
"Sounds like it has everything..."

VINCE MCMAHON
"It doesn't have job security. I'm taking a chance here. You screw up, and I'll put a new team on this and let them talk each other out of bad ideas."

ME
"So... you want me to quit my job to take one that, granted, pays twice as much, and is the job I always wanted... but I could get fired if the first show goes poorly?"

VINCE MCMAHON
"The first show won't go poorly. The storylines are already set, you just follow them for a bit. You've got at least a month before I fire you, if you're not doing your job."

ME
"... what, um, would my job be, exactly?"

VINCE MCMAHON
"You'll be the head booker for ECW. Your main task will be to develop new stars for us to move onto Raw and Smackdown. You'll be in charge of an hour of live show, a Superstars match, and whatever bits and pieces of video are needed each week. A dark match before taping, too, and you'll have input into the ECW portion of the ECW/Smackdown house shows."

ME
"... I'll give my two-weeks notice as soon as I get back."

Time blurred again. I was leaving the office, trying to keep the ****-eating grin off my face, and mostly succeeding. The receptionist glanced at me as I walked up to her.

RECEPTIONIST
"I'm impressed. He never does that on a first meeting anymore. So, what's the name for your business cards?"

ME
"William. William Peers."

Welcome... to the Extreme.
Unread 08-29-2009, 12:22 AM
All Star

Your ECW Roster:

MAIN EVENT
Christian -- ECW Champion.
William Regal -- Current Title Contender.

UPPER-MIDCARD
Ezekiel Jackson
Tommy Dreamer
Vladimir Kozlov

MIDCARD
Goldust
Shelton Benjamin
The Hurricane

LOWER-MIDCARD
DJ Gabriel
Paul Burchill
Sheamus
Tyler Reks
Yoshi Tatsu
Zack Rider

DIVAS
Brie Bella
Courtney Taylor
Katie Lea Burchill
Nikki Bella

OTHER
Abraham Washington
Gregory Helms
Josh Mathews
Matt Striker
Tiffany
Tony Chimel

NOTES FROM CORPORATE
SummerSlam is over, as is the first ECW afterwards. We have Regal, Jackson, and Koslov as a stable, Tommy Dreamer is gone to sell his beatdown, Shameus and Goldust are starting a feud, and we have a little midcard scrum between Tatsu, Benjamin, Reks, and Ryder.

Christian was going to be called up, but then Edge got injured; the current plan is to bring him over to Smackdown when Edge is ready to return. This isn't expected to be until 2010.

The other creative teams are willing to 'give' us use of the Tag Champions, Jericho and Big Show, after Breaking Point. They feel Cryme Tyme aren't ready to beat such big names, and DX and Legacy are going to continue to tangle for another month after that, so the champs need someone to occupy their time. If I can get a team together on such short notice, we've got something for them to do.

If, at any time, I feel anyone on the roster isn't pulling their weight, I'm allowed to send them down to FCW and pull someone else up. But doing this too much will attract attention and make it look like I'm unable to work with what's given to me, and would be a big mark against me on my record.

With the suspension of Rey Mysterio, corporate has realized that we need another 'backup luchadore' to fill his shoes and appeal to the latino demographic. We are to cut someone and bring Espiral up as soon as possible, despite his skills not quite being up to par yet. If possible, get him to be ready for prime time.
Unread 08-29-2009, 01:05 AM
Hall of Fame

infinity + ecw this could get interesting and that is an understatement. Welcome back mate.
Unread 08-29-2009, 01:07 AM
All Star

And the over/under on how many shows I get through before this one goes the way of the majority of my dynasties is 3. Place your bets, folks. 4:1 I get to Breaking Point...
Unread 08-29-2009, 09:41 AM
Phenom

I'll be reading this. I haven't followed wrestling properly for years so hopefully this will be good to help me understand whats going on nowadays. A few people on the roster I don't recognise at all.
Unread 08-29-2009, 10:00 AM
Hall of Fame

infinity! How are you, we've missed you so much, a big welcome back!! Is the CZCW diary over?
Unread 08-29-2009, 10:57 AM
All Star

He's alive! Rejoice! Did you get flooded out (yes, as far as I'm aware it was way back then when you last posted)?
Unread 08-29-2009, 12:27 PM
All Star

He's back! And with a Real World diary!

I'll be reading this for as long as it lasts.
Unread 08-29-2009, 11:12 PM
All Star

Quick bits before the first show:

CZCW diary is on hold while I decide what to do with it. I loaded the save file and didn't recognize it. So I'm not sure what I'm doing there.

I did not get flooded out... however, the house I was trying to buy, did. So stuff happened, and life was interesting for a while, but we finally got a new house and we've been here for a month, and then I got a PM about some kind of voting thing, and figured I should start something up to remind people of all the cool stuff I've started writing and then just dropped due to... well, various reasons. See if this lasts a bit.
Unread 08-30-2009, 02:14 AM
All Star

August 1st, 2009.

I had Espiral called up from FCW and work the weekend house shows against Abreham Washington; it started with Abraham doing his talk show, some bad jokes, and thinking he was going to interview Mysterio, but getting Espiral instead and taking offense to it. The matches were... well, if I got this guy into Mystereo-like shape in a month, I'd have to start my own training facility.

It was the first weekend I'd worked away from home since I'd gotten married. The wife wasn't happy, of course. My son missed me. But it was hard to argue with making twice as much as I had been. It wasn't like I was working for two hours a day, either -- I had to meet the talent, meet the employees, fill out forms... drive... and of course, try to come up with enough ideas to last me the month without getting fired. I could make it at least a month, right?

By the time Tuesday rolled around, I had my plans ready.

---------------

SUPERSTARS TAPING

The ECW match for the Superstars taping is a tag match, with Koslov and Ezekiel pretty much destroying Shelton Benjamin and Yoshi Tatsu. Yes, that's pretty much a "Why are these two teaming?" team. Their total lack of teamwork plays into them getting destroyed by Regal's new henchmen, with Benjamin being pinned by Koslov. We'll set this up during the show tonight.

--------------

INT -- BACKSTAGE

Tiffany stands at one end of the room, trying to get people's attention. What people? Goldust, Sheamus, Ryder, Reks, Benjamin, Tatsu, Hurricane, and Burchill.

TIFFANY
"That's enough! You all want to know why the man who lost his last title match in record time is getting another title shot? Because none of you deserve it!"

That gets their attention. They all turn to look at her. Not happy.

TIFFANY
"Look at all of you! You're all being so... so petty! How many of you can honestly say that you're trying to move up the ladder? None of you! You're all just acting like boys on the schoolyard! You don't need a General Manager, you need a... a Grown-Up! So if you need me to be your teacher, I'll act like one. Benjamin, Tatsu, I'll start with you. Until you two can prove you can co-exist without stupid racial bull, you're a tag team. Better get to know each other, you're first match is on Superstars this week. The rest of you... tonight? I don't want any personal grudges playing into things. You all better behave like your jobs are on the line tonight, and act like professionals!"

Cue the ECW opening.

JOSH MATHEWS
"And welcome to the hottest show on Tuesday nights, ECW on SyFy. I'm Josh Mathews and with me is the brightest of the color commentators, Matt Striker."

MATT STRIKER
"And how about Tiffany, laying down the law? Some people had second thoughts about a woman being in charge of ECW, but she's showing she can keep the boys in line."

JOSH MATHEWS
"And tonight, she's got those boys competing in singles matches to try to prove who is worthy of going for the ECW Title after Breaking Point. And it sounds like it's not going be who wins, but who looks the most professional."

MATT STRIKER
"And that's not all. Tonight, the contract signing for Breaking Point, and we need to determine exactly what kind of submission match there will be. So both ECW CHampion Christian and the challenger, William Regal, will be naming someone to fight in next week's main event; whoever's man wins will get to decide the exact submission stipulation."

JOSH MATHEWS
"And that's got to be worrying both men, Matt; not knowing what stipulation the match will be until less than a week before the show. That won't give them much time to prepare."

MATT STRIKER
"It makes next week all the more important; both men will be preparing for the type of match they will name if they back the right horse next week. A loss means very little time to prepare, a win gives the advantage of being ready for action."

JOSH MATHEWS
"Excellent point. But first, our opening match..."

My choice for the first match of my career pits Goldust against Paul Burchill. What can I say... two guys I have a soft spot for. (Yeah, on the top of my head.) I book it as a more-or-less brawl, with Burchill getting in a few vicious moves, but Goldust's experience letting him control the match, until he sets up for the Shattered Dreams and has a minor epileptic fit before he can deliver the move, letting Burchill take him down and give him the Curbstomp for the win.

Commercials.

We come back to a recap of last week, with Christian and Regal insulting each other, and the ending to the show with Regal winning himself a title shot.

Our second match gives us Zach Ryder vs Tyler Reks, metrosexual vs surfer dude... sort of. These two have a bit less name value than the last match, so the two have to deal with a crowd that's not as into the match. Reks plays the face well, and Rider... Rider doesn't feel like he's spent the last two years on television. Part of me is glad I made the call I did, as Reks hits a swank flying elbow that wakes the crowd up, and then his springboard moonsault for the win.

JOSH MATHEWS
"And Zach Ryder does not look happy there."

MATT STRIKER
"Of course not. These two met in a tag match last week, and Ryder actually was getting the better of Reks. You have to think he was expecting to get the better of him here as well. You just can't always apply what you learn in a tag-team match to a singles match."

JOSH MATHEWS
"So true, so true, and until recently, Ryder has mainly been a tag-team wrestler. Still, he has to be smarting at this loss, and you can see it in his walk as he heads up the ramp. When we come back, the third of tonight's three never-before-seen matches as Sheamus takes on The Hurricane, that match is next."

Commercials. We come back and Sheamus us just coming out and heading down to the ring. Then the Hurricane comes out, and the crowd gives him the customary warm reaction. They run your standard big man - little man match, with Sheamus throwing Hurricane around, and Hurricane flying about trying to knock him off his feet. For nostalgia purposes, Hurricane teases a chokeslam before Sheamus simply picks him up and throws him over the ropes. Out from backstage runs a very angry Zach Ryder, who attacks the dazed Hurricane and tries to pull his mask off as the bell rings. Sheamus, realizing he just lost via DQ, charges out of the ring and lays Ryder out, inadvertently saving Hurricane's identity.

Commercials, and we come back ot the main event contract signing. Tiffany is already in the ring. Regal, Koslov, and Jackson come out first; Christian comes out afterwards with the belt.

TIFFANY
"William Regal... by wining your match last week, you earned another title shot at Breaking Point. Since Vince McMahon has decided that all the main events at Breaking Point will be submission matches, we need to determine what sort of match you two will have. Tonight, after you sign the match contract, you will give us the name of someone on the ECW Roster to fight next week. Whoever picks the winning wrestler will get to pick the stipulation for the title match. The only restriction is that you cannot choose an I Quit match, as that has already been taken for Randy Orton and John Cena. Do you both understand?"

The two nod. Koslov and Jackson stand menacingly behind Regal.

TIFFANY
"Very well. William Regal, as the challenger, you will sign and name your wrestler first."

Tiffany offers Regal the contract and a pen. Regal refuses the pen, instead taking a fountain pen from inside his robe and using that to sign the contract.

TIFFANY
"And your chosen wrestler?"

WILLIAM REGAL
"My dear General Manager, I believe I speak without fear of contradiction when I state that the two biggest forces in ECW, besides me of course, are the two gentlemen behind me. Now, a good monarch knows that he cannot play favorites. You have put my Knights in a match on Superstars this week. Whichever of them scores the winning pinfall will be my selection for next weeks main event."

Tiffany then offers the contract to Christian, who quickly scribbles his name on the dotted line.

TIFFANY
"And your selection, Christian?"

CHRISTIAN (in a mock British accent)
"Well, my dear General Manager, I think I speak like a pompus git when I refuse to hurt my flunkies' feelings and pick one of them over the other." (pause for the crowd to laugh, then return ot his regular voice. "There's a hell of a lot of talent on this roster, but I agree with you, Tiff... they don't act professionally. So I'm going to pick the only person on this roster I trust with a match like this... me."

Regal looks a bit taken aback that he didn't think of that first. Koslov and Jackson exchange looks. Tiffaany glances through the contract and shrugs.

TIFFANY
"Well, it does say 'pick someone on the roster'... it doesn't say you can't pick yourself. I'll allow it."

JOSH MATHEWS
"This is why Christian makes a good champion, Matt; he's one step ahead of the competition."

MATT STRIKER
"True, but he missed what was, to me, the obvious choice: He could have picked William Regal. Do you think Regal would throw a match agaisnt his own man? Now, Christian has to face that giant killing machine and, less than a week later, has a submission match to defend his title. That's going to wear him down."

JOSH MATHEWS
"And next week, we'll find out just how badly he'll be worn down. That's all our time for now, we'll see you next week here on ECW."

---------------------

And so, my first show was finished. I was already getting worried... I had one more show before Breaking Point, and for some reason I thought I had two when I started making my notes. I would have to compress a few things. Luckily, I only had to have one match ready by then, so I could keep some things unfolding as I had planned. If I lasted that long, I'd have four weeks between pay-per-views... my personal goal was to try to build up a feud to the point where we could get time for two ECW matches on pay-per-view. Which looked like it would be really, really difficult.

Still, I had a chance to head home for a couple days before I had to go supervise part of the house show loop. They tell me that, if I get to the point where it looks like I'll stay, I might be able to just phone in the house show bits... that would give me a few more days home. Which ain't half bad.
Unread 09-02-2009, 12:11 AM
All Star

House Shows, Labor Day Weekend.

I know some matches I really want to throw in here, but there's a very good reason why I can't. Instead, ECW's contribution ot the house show circuit consists of two matched; the first being The Hurricane vs Zach Ryder, which I want to build up a bit more and house shows will let these two get used to each other's style more. The other is a six-man tag. On one side, Regal, Koslov, and Jackson. On the other, Christian, Benjamin, and Tatsu. they continue to play up the 'Benajmin and Tatsu are Wacky Tag Team Partners Who Hate Each Other' angle, which eventually leaves Christian in the ring alone and subject to the losing side of the numbers game. I like the response the crowd gives this last match; and Christian and Koslov seem to be working decently against each other, so I'm confident in my choice for a main event this Tuesday.

At one of the tapings, someone from the marketing department asks if I have any ideas for 'new revenue flow'. I suggest "Downloadable content for Guitar Hero. Superstar entry themes. Do a three-pack... do Real American, Punk's theme, and whatever the name of DX's theme is. If they sell well, the second wave can be HBK, Christian, and Vince." The guy just rolls his eyes at me and walks away. I'm telling you... there's money in that idea.

--------------------

Superstars Taping for Sept. 10th

I know I'm going to hate myself for this, but... orders are orders. I'm getting the 'worst match of the show' award for this one, I just know it... but our match for Superstars is Abraham Washington vs Espiral. In my mind, I had the idea of building this up as the in-ring debut of two new ECW superstars... but to be perfectly honest, this was an FCW match. And I mean that in terms of quality, not terms of popularity. Espiral won after a suitably lucha Hurricanrana, which was the only thing that actually looked lucha about his offense -- he almost seemed timid in the ring. Washington, for his part, was... bland.

---------------------

ECW, Live, September 8th.

INT -- RINGSIDE

ABRAHAM WASHINGTON
"Welcome, everyone, to ECW, and this is 'The Abraham Washington Show'. This is a special edition of The Abraham Washington Show. All the interviews tonight are going to be submission interviews. Heh, heh. Seriously, tho, Breaking Point is less than a week away, and we don't know what the stipulations are for the ECW Title Match. I was going to have as my guests tonight, William Regal and Christian, to announce what stipulations they were fighting for, but I've got something bigger. Something better. Ladies and gentlemen, he's been suspended from wrestling, but we have him here tonight. Rey Mysterio! And I'll be talking with him, right after this."

The screen cuts to... a 'Did You Know' screen? "Did you know that more ECW fans watch The Abraham Washington Show than any other wrestling-related talk show?"

ABRAHAM WASHINGTON
"And we're back! Now, I would like everyone to welcome my first guest, Rey Mysterio!"

I'm watching this from backstage as one of the Smackdown writers comes up to me and starts giving me the stink-eye. I ignore him the best I can. It's not Rey who comes out... it's Espiral, who flips into the ring and sits down in the guest chair.

ABRAHAM WASHINGTON
"Rey, Rey, Rey. What the hell were you thinking?"

ESPIRAL
"No me llamo Rey."

ABRAHAM WASHINGTON
"Right, but seriously, you know the wellness program is in place for a reason. You are the idol of millions... how could you let them all down like this?"

ESPIRAL
"... No me llamo Rey. No soy Rey Mysterio."

ABRAHAM WASHINGTON (Obviously not able to understand Spanish, but faking it)
"Ha ha, you're a funny guy. But if you ask me, thirty days isn't enough, losing your title isn't enough, I think you should be fired. Any jokes about that?"

Espiral just reaches out and slaps Washington across the face.

ESPIRAL
"I said, I am not Rey Mysterio. My name is Espiral. And you, are insulting a legend... and a friend. And if you do not shut your mouth, then I am going to teach you some respect, the only way that you seem able to understand."

Washington responds by taking a cup of coffee from his interview desk and flinging it at Espiral, who sidesteps easily, then does a standing leap onto the desk and from there dropkicks Washington in the chest and out of the ring. I hold my breath -- Espiral slipped on the desk once in rehersal and nearly broke his ankle, which is why I'm told we don't rehurse that much here -- but it all goes acording to plan, and actually looks half-decent. The crowd seems into it, at least, as we go to the announcers.

JOSH MATHEWS
"Annnnd welcome to ECW, folks! I'm Josh Mathews and with me, as always, is the Encylopedia Grapple-a, Matt Stryker."

MATT STRYKER
"Thank you, Josh. And how about that for an introduction? Abraham Washington set packing by ECW's new masked luchadore, Espiral. I've seen people launch off tables and ladders and ringposts, but this is the first time I can recall seeing someone use a desk to gain elevation."

JOSH MATHEWS
"Well, that's the kind of innovation ECW is known for. Folks, we've got a great show for you tonight. Last week, Zach Ryder attacked The Hurricane during a match, after our general manager had told everyone to act professional. Well, tonight, Zach is going to face the strange and wily veteran, Goldust."

MATT STRYKER
"Goldust, one of the more off-the-wall characters to ever set foot in this ring. And what's more, the three winners from last week -- The Hurricane, Paul Burchill, and Tyler Reks -- will be in a triple-threat match tonight that, one has to assume, has some sort of contendership implications."

JOSH MATHEWS
"And of course, our main event tonight, ECW Champion Christian takes on Regal's Knight, Vladimir Koslov, with the winning side given the ability to select what kind of stipulation the title match at Breaking Point will have."

MATT STRYKER
"Now, both Christian and William Regal have taped themselves revealing their choice of stipulation, and the winner's tape will be played after the match. I've had the priviledge off seeing both of them, and I can't talk about them, but let me just say that either way, these two are going to be in a world of pain after Breaking Point."

JOSH MATHEWS
"But when we come back, tag team action, rightafterthis!"

Cut to commercials. Josh almost missed his cue there... Maybe I shouldn't have told them to relax a bit. Or... maybe I just forgot to tell them how much time they had left. Oops. Still getting used to this.

When we come back, Yoshi Tatsu's muic is playing, and he and Shelton Benjamin are heading down to the ring. Benjamin is obviously upset, and demanding to know why they aren't using his music instead. Tatsu is ignoring him. We get a quick replay of their inability-to-coexist from Superstars, and then their opponents are announced: Exekial Jackson and William Regal. We get a great camera shot of Tatsu rolling his eyes and looking skyward in a "Why me?" pose. The heels dismantle Tatsu for a good five minutes, Benjamin refusing tags (and occasionally laughing), until Tatsu gets away and forces a tag on his partner. Benjamin enters reluctantly, and actually holds his ground while wrestling Regal for a minute, until Jackson gets tagged in and hits a vicious-looking clothesline that Benjamin sells like decapitation. Jackson gets the pin as Tatsu decides it's not worth it to go help his 'partner' and leaves.

JOSH MATHEWS
"And there's obviously no love lost between those two."

MATT STRYKER
"Of course not. They've been at each other's throats since the moment Yoshi Tatsu came to ECW. I don't know if that's wise; General Manager Tiffany appears to be willing to follow through on her threats of punishment for those superstars who get out of line."

JOSH MATHEWS
"And a perfect example of that, here comes Zach Ryder."

No commercials, we go straight to our next match as Ryder, and then Golddust, come down to the ring. The two face off as the bell rings, with Ryder declaring loudly, "You're not the freak I want." Goldust responds by licking his lips, and Ryder drops to one knee and low-blows Goldie, right in front of the ref. Another low blow, and the ref is calling for the bell. A third, and Goldust falls to the mat in pain. Ryder spits on the veteran and delivers a kick to the back before leaving the ring as Goldust's music plays and he's announced the winner by DQ. The announcers comment on how harsh and unneccessary that was before we go to commercial.

I scribble a few notes on my copy of the script, and dash to the 'office set' to give Tiffany a few last-minute notes and ideas.

We come back, and the cameras are backstage in Tiffany's office. Tiffany is there, as are Yoshi Tatsu and Shelton Benjamin. The two are arguing abotu who's fault it is that they lost.

TIFFANY
"Hey. Hey. HEY!!! You want to know who's fault it is that you lost? It's both of your faults. Maybe I didn't make myself clear last week, but the two of you will continue to team up... no singles matches at all... until you learn to work together and behave. You don't have to like each other. Just work as a team. Understood? Now, get out."

The two leave, and go back to arguing on the way. They are quickly replaced by Zach Ryder.

TIFFANY
"Ug. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't suspend you?"

ZACH RYDER
"Because I'm not like the rest of these sheep, Tiffany. I can't be yelled into submission. If you want me to play nice... then you give me what I want. Otherwise... well, I can make things very difficult for you."

TIFFANY
"Oh, really? And suppose, for a moment, I believed you. What is it you want?"

ZACH RYDER
"Simple. I want a match, next week, against Gregory Helms. Not the Hurricane... agaisnt Helms. He's... he's a sickening simple man whose silly schitzophenic subterfuge drags all of ECW down into the gutter with him. I get a match with him, I force him to give up this stupid charade, and then... then, I'll have made a name for myself, and improved this company to boot."

TIFFANY
"... You know what? I'm going to give you that match. Not because you demanded it... but as punishment. And I hope Helms knocks some sense into you."

Zach leaves, and Tiffany picks up the phone and dials.

TIFFANY
"Yeah, scheduling? Tell Espiral and Washington they won't be fighting next week. No, I've scheduled something else. Put Espiral and Washington on Superstars this week instead. Yes, I know it's less time to prepare. Just do it."

We head back to ringside, where Our Faithful Announce Team are commenting on Tiffany's leadership style during the entrances for Hurricane, Reks, and Burchill. For time purposes, the match is a bit hurried and spot-based, but it does what it needs to do, and Reks does well dealing with Hurricane's speed and Burchill's for-lack-of-a-better-word 'brutality'. The finish comes with a 'botched' Eye of the Hurricane on Reks that leaves Hurricane on the floor, subjecting him to a brutal Curb Stomp, but then Burchill gets caught up in Reks' Big Kahuna for the pinfall. The crowd seem somewhat impressed, but aren't too invested in him... yet. I'll work on that.

Commercials, and we're back for the main event.

Koslov is out first, acompanied by Regal and Jackson. Christian is out second, a bit hesitantly, knowing he's outnumbered three to one here, but also knowing that a disqualification gets him his stipulation. Christian does an outstanding job, considering that Regal is cheating every chance the ref turns his back, and Koslov is a mountain of a man who Christian's offense doesn't work that well on. Christian hits the Killswitch on Koslov, but the big man kicks out, so Christian goes for the Texas Cloverleaf, and Regal charges in to break the hold. The ref yells at Regal and pushes him towards the outside of the ring, allowing Jackson to come in. Jackson and Koslov engage in a two-on-one beatdown of Christian, the ref oblivious as Regal keeps his attention. Christian is on the mat, defenseless, getting kicks and stomped on, and the crowd goes wild! That's what I was looking for! Tommy Dreamer charges through the crowd and into the ring, singapore cane at the ready! Jackson takes several cane shots ot the back and legs, and rolls out of the ring! Another shot right over Koslov's head... and Koslov completely no-sells it! Dreamer takes another swing, and the cane breaks over Koslov's head, giving him a cut on the cheek on the way down, and Koslov still doesn't sell it. the ref turns aroundd, sees the broken cane, sees the cut on Koslov's cheek, and rings the bell, declaring Koslov the winner by disqualification.

The video Regal shot earlier today begins to play.

WILLIAM REGAL
"Hello, sunshine. Obviously, my Knight has done his duty, and the stipulation for Breaking Point is mine to decide. I came this decision after re-watching your match with Thomas Dreamer several weeks ago. While ECW has had... car doors, and garbage cans, one thing it has lacked is a real sense of wrestling skill. So our match at Breaking Point will be an Ultimate Submission Encyclopedia match. Twenty minutes. Whoever forces the most submissions out of their opponent shall be the victor. But if you use the same manuver to cause more than one submission... none of them count. Now tell me, sunshine... how many submission manuvers do you know?"

The show fades to black, and Matt Stryker can be heard saying "I'm going to have fun with this one, aren't I?" just off-microphone.
Unread 09-02-2009, 07:39 PM
All Star

(Note: For the record, that was all written at 3PM yesterday, it just wasn't posted until much later. Any similarities between my show and the actual ECW, such as the Hurricane/Greg Helms thing, or Tommy Dreamer returning with kendo stickage, is completely coincidental.)
Unread 09-05-2009, 07:02 PM
All Star

WWE Breaking Point - Sept. 13, 2009

----------------------
INT - BACKSTAGE SET

I had a half-hour until the final writers' meeting before the show, and I resolved to use that time to it's fullest, tracking down a vital tool in my plans for ECW: Joey Styles. Not because of history, but because I wanted to get a poll on WWE.COM for a week or so. I found Joey in the back, personally overseeing the taping of some 'Website Exclusives'.

WILLIAM PEERS
"Joey, been looking for you. Got a second?"

JOEY STYLES
"... Peers, right? The guy they put in charge of ECW? Hoo, boy, are you in trouble."

WILLIAM PEERS
"Aroo?"

JOEY STYLES
"Vince is looking for you. And the Smackdown writers are -pissed-."

WILLIAM PEERS
"Uh-oh. I'll go see if I can find him... in the meantime, I need a favor. A poll on the website."

JOEY STYLES
"Can't. Smackdown wants a poll on who should get a championship match at Hell In A Cell, that's going up in the morning and running all week."

WILLIAM PEERS
"Anyone grab the week after that?"

JOEY STYLES
"Not yet. I'll pencil you in. Unless Raw wants to take it, it'll be yours. Email me the details."

WILLIAM PEERS
"Willdo. And thanks for the heads-up about vince."

JOEY STYLES
"Not a problem. And, hey... I know the new ECW has nothing to do with the old ECW... but you better treat her right all the same, okay?"

I had ten minutes before the meeting. I hoped I could find Vince and find out what was going on before there was a room full of my co-workers to witness it.

I didn't.

-----------------------

INT - MEETING ROOM

I slipped into the room a few seconds before the meeting was scheduled to start. The Raw and Smackdown writing teams, as well as the 'match producers', were all gathered there. Vince was at the head of the room, and he glared holes through me as I walked in the door.

VINCE MCMAHON
"Now that everyone's here, let's get started, shall we?"

I looked at the clock. Swore. Looked at my watch. Sat down and set my watch ahead five minutes, to the correct time.

VINCE MCMAHON
"First off, tonight's schedule is up on the whiteboard; anyone have any issues or comments with that?"

I took a glance at the board. Should I speak up, or should I not? I decided not to. We would be opening the show tonight. I had wanted to go on later, but this way if we had a hot crowd, I could take the credit for getting them going. Of course, I'd also get the blame if they were cold.

VINCE MCMAHON
"Good. Now, to address a few rumors... no, Edge's recovery is not going faster than expected. Neither is Batista's. No, we are not re-hiring Ric Flair; he wants to wrestle, we don't want him to. But given his history, he might change his tune in six months, we'll see. And finally... yes, it's true, Rey Mysterio is strongly considering leaving us. It seems a certain segment on a certain show got under his skin, and he's rather upset about it."

Aw, crap. I could feel the Smackdown staff looking at me, even though I was sitting in front of them. Their eyes burned. It was like when you're eight and you know your parents just walked in to see you playing with their stuff, and you know if you turn around you're going to see them be very, very angry...

VINCE MCMAHON
"Now, obviously, we don't want this to happen, especially after having Jeff Hardy go off on sabbatical. At the same time, we're in a rough position, because we don't want it to look like we reward superstars who fail their wellness tests. Regardless, we have a backup plan. ECW, how long do you need to get the new luchadore up to par?"

WILLIAM PEERS
"Did you see his match on Superstars?"

VINCE MCMAHON
"No."

WILLIAM PEERS
"I'll have him ready for the week after Hell In A Cell."

VINCE MCMAHON
"And if I'd said yes?"

WILLIAM PEERS
"Then you would have given me until Survivor Series. I don't know what it is with him... he's got the talent, he's got the experience, he's just not... showing it, in the ring. I'm going to talk to him before the next show, see if I can find out what's going on in his head. He may just spent too much time at little shows between the big Mexican ones and here."

VINCE MCMAHON
"I see. The current plan, then, is that if Mystero comes back, we'll team them up and have them go after the tag champs. That should let us hide his weaknesses while he gets back into show-shape. Otherwise... you'd better hope he's ready, because if we lose the Latino market and the merchandising dollars that go along with it, it's all on your head. Raw -- your plans for Hell In A Cell look good, but keep MVP and Henry together for now. Smackdown -- No, we're not hiring Rob Van Dam for two months just so you can have another 'CM Punk vs Stoner' feud. You can come up with something better than that."

RANDOM SMACKDOWN WRITER
"How? Our biggest babyfaces right now are Matt Hardy and John Morrison. It's like we're writing for ECW a year or two ago."

WILLIAM PEERS
"Punk vs Cryme Tyme could be fun. Does 'straight edge' include No Crime?"

Once more, I feel the burning glare of eyes on the back of my head.

VINCE MCMAHON
"Go with it. It'll let us put the focus on DX and Legacy for a few shows. Now, looking ahead... Hell In A Cell. Raw?"

RANDOM RAW WRITER
"We're thinking, DX vs Legacy, first-ever tag-team Hell In A Cell."

VINCE MCMAHON
"Nice try, but I was part of a tag-team Cell match a few years ago. Come up with something by tomorrow's taping. Smackdown?"

RANDOM SMACKDOWN WRITER
"Punk vs Taker, Kane costs his brother the match so we can fued them until they make up and go after the tag-team titles."

VINCE MCMAHON
"Sounds familiar. But it works. ECW?"

WILLIAM PEERS
"... We get a Hell in the Cell match, too?"

VINCE MCMAHON
"Unless you don't have any good ideas."

WILLIAM PEERS
"... A six-man match, like the one way back when. Christian, Dreamer, Regal, Koslov, Jackson, and... someone. I'd like to do a poll on the website, see which of the new guys people like most, put them in there. Call it an Armageddon Match."

VINCE MCMAHON
"Catchy. Run with that. That's all I have on the agenda for today... any new business? Anyone? Good. Go talk to your superstars, showtime in four hours."

------------------------

I'm amazed at how much behind-the-scenes work has to be done to put one of these pay-per-views together. Maybe because my guys are only getting twenty minutes of it. We start with Regal and his Knights coming down to the ring, soaking up some boos, and Christian coming out. Regal then... sends his Knights to the back?

WILLIAM REGAL
"Only come out here if he has help. I can bloody well make him submit without aid."

The Knights don't seem too happy with this, but they follow orders. Regal and Christian began with the standard 'feeling each other out' spots as Mathews and Striker discuss the strategies of an Ultimate Submission match, especially one in which you can't use the same hold twice. Three minutes in, Regal actually taps to an armbar, leaving Christian looking confused.

MATT STRYKER
"The mind games have begun, Josh; Regal's planted that seed of doubt, making Christian know that he can't apply another armbar without Regal tapping immediately and costing Christian that point."

The crowd don't quite seem to get what's going on, but we deliver some good technical wrestling over the next ten minutes. Christian taps out to the Regal Stretch, while Regal taps to a Cloverleaf, and then to another armbar.

ANNOUNCER
"Christian has already used an armbar to score a submission; as penalty for using the same submission hold twice, one point has been taken away."

That clues the crowd in to what's going on, and the Titantron updates to show it is tied at 1 point apiece. Christian appears to be getting a bit desperate, and almost locks in a second Cloverleaf before dropping the hold. Regal takes advantage and applies a series of holds focusing on Christian's shoulder. Time begins ticking down, one minute left... And from the crowd runs Tommy Dreamer and his Singapore cane! Shot over Regal's head! The crowd is on their feet... shot to Christian's ribs? Dreamer shoves him down and locks in an STF! Christian taps with twenty seconds left! Dreamer grabs his cane and dashes over to where Regal is recovering for a cane-assisted sleeper-hold! Christian is trying to get to his feet, holding his abused shoulder. Regal is fading, and taps with three seconds left as Jackson and Koslov come charing down the ramp, and the bell rings!

ANNOUNCER
"Ladies and gentlement, the winner with a score of two points, and NEW ECW Champion: Tommy Dreamer!"

Tommy grabs the title and bails as Regal's Knights hit the ring, vaulting the barrier and heading up into the crowd to celebrate and leave the arena.

Well, may part of the show is done. I turn away from the monitors and head back to the staff area. Along the way, I pass Dean Malenko, who looks me over and just nods slowly.

Maybe I can last here after all....
Unread 09-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Super Star

as I read..

Superstars #1

Kozlov/Jackson destroying people aint hurrendous, intrigued by the ShelTatsu team - some angle development would definately help them both..

ECW #1

Liking Tiffany's opening speech; gives her some character at least - cause shes been bland as hell.. and it gives you a reason to team Tatsu and Shelton.. and sets up the next few weeks of TV as well..

Opening contest seems decently booked; hopefully the Goldust stuff goes somewhere decent, and Burchill gets a moon-push (I love the guy alright)

Hoping that Ryder's loss isnt the start of him heading the way of Hawkins; I reckon hes got something decent with this "Woo Woo Woo" stuff and if you can give him some time he could be useful.. Reks on the other hand, hasnt clicked with me yet - but thats probably a matter of time with you at the helm..

ahhh see, Ryder isnt going in the bin.. good stuff.. a mini-angle against Sugar Shane cant do him any harm.. Sheamus stays a threat and another angle progresses, good stuff..

Regal using a fountain pen made me lol... hes a brilliant prick.. as a side before I read on.. im predicting we get Kozlov vs Jackson as the chosen match.. just a random thought before we go on.. hes calling them his 'Knights'? ahh good stuff again.. Christian swerves me, by picking himself.. I guess it cements his 'fighting champion'...ness.. and Striker points out another good option that I hadnt thought of.. which i like that youve thrown in there..

Superstars #2

dont like Washington vs Espiral.. and it looks like you dont either.. bit of a waste.. but really.. the main ECW show should be your focus anyway..

ECW #2

You've got Abraham Washington down to a T; he's a very annoying git..the 'Did You Know' actually brought a slight smile to my face.. and you make the guy himself funny by continuing on blatantly ignoring what Espiral says.. good annoying git heel mic work...Espiral snapping and speaking English was a nice turn, and the angle works out pretty well - which I wasnt expecting at the beginning.. kudos..

ShelTatsu getting some actual time to sell their new 'unwilling partners' angle is good.. and im into it.. I think they could eventually turn into a good team, obviously not a threat to JeriShow but they could keep them busy for a few weeks.. which is where I assume your heading..

Ryder getting in a nice comedy line to start the match.. followed by some lovely ball-shots.. Im liking Ryder's new direction.. and Goldust can sell pretty well, so that helps as well..

Tiffany laying down the law (and hopefully not being bland) to ShelTatsu.. before another nice bit of development with Ryder.. a Helms-angle, as mentioned, will help the guy..

Reks gets the win over Burchill and Hurricane? not what I was expecting.. erm.. not sure if I like it but ill give the guy some time.. itll be interesting to see where you go with him..

a well-worked match that keeps Christian looking pretty strong heading into Breaking Point.. puts Regal and his Knights over.. and reintroduces Dreamer nicely.. it was obvious the heel would get to choose the stipulation but the road to that conclusion was very good..

interesting choice.. Regal making the rules up on the fly no doubt.. reminds me of the Duchess of Queensbury Rules match against Jericho.. should create some good PPV action.. and Striker is gold..

-- I like the pre-Breaking Point interactions.. the "Armageddon Match" sounds good..

Breaking Point

Regal sending the Knights to the back is a good sign for the match, with limited interference this could be very good..

Regal tapping early to an armbar is great mind-games.. he'll try that again later with another submission and itll backfire on Regal..

Dreamer coming in and caning both guys? whats he playing at? are we getting a draw? Christian taps? Regal taps? DREAMER WINS!!! Well this is certainly channelling the "old ECW" - love it! (Im betting Vince doesnt)

loving this so far, hopefully my random feedback is useful.. its just my thoughts as I read.. KUTGW!