Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-03-2019, 10:14 PM
Phenom

Default Workers backing out of losing/Going into business for themselves

I know we all know about the Starrcade 1997 incident where Hogan persuaded Nick Patrick to count to 3 slowly, which ruined the main event because it looked like he beat Sting clean when the finish was supposed to be a fast count, then a restart which Sting would've won.

Hogan also had the infamous incident where he was initially supposed to have a 3 match series with Shawn Michaels in 2005, but faked an injury when he didn't like Shawn calling him old in his promos, which caused HBK to sell ridiculously in theirnone and only match.

There are also the instances where HBK would constantly fake injuries in the 90s to avoid losing title matches fairly. In other cases, either he lost the belt in a way that didn't make him look weak (European Title match vs Triple H) or he won the title very soon after he lost it (winning the belt back from Jannetty quickly).

I think there should be a way to incorporate that type of behavior in TEW on a grander scale than it may happen now. The most we get from bad apples with regards to the booking is people complaining about losing or using Creative Control to block the loss from happening.

But, I would love to see a bad seed all of a sudden feign an injury just as you were about to complete the booking, now they are out (but can still be used in Angles) and your plans are messed up. I also would like if, the ones who would normally use CC or Complain, actually go along with the loss they don't want to take without letting you know their displeasure, but either sandbag their opponent, oversell for their opponent, outperform their opponent to where the guy who is winning looks inferior, shoots on them, etc. To ruin what the booking meant to do and to make the winner look bad, so even in a loss, they still win in the end.
Unread 09-04-2019, 08:08 PM
Super Star

Maybe depending on their push/pop

I think a jobber doing this would be pretty crazy.
Unread 09-05-2019, 02:54 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCJR4LIFE View Post

Yeah I only had this in mind for Main Event Talent.

Guys like Hogan and HBK who were the top guys who could get away with pulling stuff like this

Anyone below Main Event level wouldn't really have the pull necessary to do this successfully.
Unread 09-05-2019, 03:17 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCJR4LIFE View Post

"How do you like me now?"

Everbody is capable of going into the business for themselves. A Jobber is just less likely to do it. But Hardcore Holly killed Mordecai's (Kevin Thorne) first run in the WWE with this. It shouln't be a common thing, but it also shouldn't be tied to push/popularity.
Unread 09-05-2019, 08:33 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsmoker View Post
"How do you like me now?"

Everbody is capable of going into the business for themselves. A Jobber is just less likely to do it. But Hardcore Holly killed Mordecai's (Kevin Thorne) first run in the WWE with this. It shouln't be a common thing, but it also shouldn't be tied to push/popularity.
I was so excited for Mordecai too. Freaking Holly.
Unread 09-06-2019, 02:57 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpoolez View Post
I know we all know about the Starrcade 1997 incident where Hogan persuaded Nick Patrick to count to 3 slowly, which ruined the main event because it looked like he beat Sting clean when the finish was supposed to be a fast count, then a restart which Sting would've won.

Hogan also had the infamous incident where he was initially supposed to have a 3 match series with Shawn Michaels in 2005, but faked an injury when he didn't like Shawn calling him old in his promos, which caused HBK to sell ridiculously in theirnone and only match.

There are also the instances where HBK would constantly fake injuries in the 90s to avoid losing title matches fairly. In other cases, either he lost the belt in a way that didn't make him look weak (European Title match vs Triple H) or he won the title very soon after he lost it (winning the belt back from Jannetty quickly).

I think there should be a way to incorporate that type of behavior in TEW on a grander scale than it may happen now. The most we get from bad apples with regards to the booking is people complaining about losing or using Creative Control to block the loss from happening.

But, I would love to see a bad seed all of a sudden feign an injury just as you were about to complete the booking, now they are out (but can still be used in Angles) and your plans are messed up. I also would like if, the ones who would normally use CC or Complain, actually go along with the loss they don't want to take without letting you know their displeasure, but either sandbag their opponent, oversell for their opponent, outperform their opponent to where the guy who is winning looks inferior, shoots on them, etc. To ruin what the booking meant to do and to make the winner look bad, so even in a loss, they still win in the end.
You're going entirely off rumour and innuendo in the examples you give, though.
Unread 09-06-2019, 01:11 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeemuFoundation View Post
You're going entirely off rumour and innuendo in the examples you give, though.
https://youtu.be/Q5BZ4b1wHQE

Nick Patrick doesn't name names, but he was told by one person to do a fast count, then by another to do a slow count. The "person in charge didnt want to take sides" according to him.

It really isn't a reach for the stars to say that it was Hogan who proposed the slow count, given Hogan's history and the fact that it did nothing but benefit him.

But, whether substantiated or not, either way it would throw a wrench into the booking and make the AI less robotic and predictable and feel more alive if they went into business for themselves from time to time..The suggestion would also keep the players on their toes from time to time with regards to being creative and making salad out of crap, figuratively speaking. So I don't really see how it's a bad feature putting aside the examples I gave.
Unread 09-28-2019, 05:08 PM
Super Star

Duggan refused to sell for Alex Wright when he was starting the Berlyn character, so this very much a personality issue and can also be combined with some sort of popularity type algorithm