Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-26-2019, 11:51 AM
Low Minors

Default Horror basis for Gimmicks

Might be too late for new suggestions, but Adam said he was still compiling a list of basis types for the new gimmick system.

I think Horror/Scary should be included.

Kane, The Boogyman, and more recently, "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt would definitely fit in that category.

Something to consider, I think.
Unread 08-26-2019, 12:25 PM
Major League

Quote:
When you want to make a gimmick change you first pick a name for the new gimmick, then select a Basis: this is from a selection that includes things like Realistic, Legitimate, Comedy, Mysterious / Occult, etc. They're slightly different from the TEW2016 categories as I wanted to make them a little more intuitive (I'll give a full list at some point in the future when they're finalised). The Basis is important as it tells the game what the underlying feel of the gimmick is, how it will interact with other gimmicks, and what sort of pros and cons are potentially appropriate.
I think this is intended to cover that.
Unread 08-26-2019, 12:57 PM
Super Star

That doesn’t seem like it matches at all.
Unread 08-26-2019, 02:19 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCJR4LIFE View Post
That doesn’t seem like it matches at all.
I'm not sure if you're saying the OP's post about horror doesn't fit or RingRider's post about mysterious/occult doesn't fit. I think it does, because the examples of Kane, the Fiend, and the Boogeyman would all all fall into the mysterious or occult. The are all very strange. Very other worldly -- so I think it is right where it should be.
Unread 08-26-2019, 05:43 PM
Super Star

Boogeyman nor The Fiend have almost no supernatural qualities to them whatsoever, and neither are very mysterious either.

The Fiend is basically written as an aggressive alter ego of a sociopath. He’s not particularly subtle nor does he do anything particularly magical or supernatural.

The Boogeyman even less so, he was mostly played for laughs and was more fitti g of a Weirdo or Comedy gimmick.

Kane wasn’t particularly Occult either although more than the other two, although I’d be comfortable labeling Undertaker under this for many parts of his career.
Unread 08-26-2019, 07:35 PM
Super Star

IMO

Kane = Mysterious
The Fien = Weirdo
The Boogeyman = Weirdo
Unread 08-26-2019, 11:28 PM
Super Star

Kane was just literally a standard Monster heel and would always be Brute.
Mysterious would work for him but really not the essence of his character.

Agreed on Boogeyman.
The Fiend probably fits into “Crazy” which also already exists in the game and includes gimmicks such as “Psycho” which probably is the gimmick I’d give him if I was making a mod.
Unread 08-27-2019, 07:45 AM
Super Star

Yea I forgot about Crazy, Bray Wyatt’s alter ego would definitely fit that instead.

Recent Kane would be brute but old school Kane would be mysterious IMO, he had menacing and brute like elements which can be added with the new gimmick system i think.