Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-22-2018, 10:08 AM
Super Star

Default [CVerse] UEW: The rise of Euroresu

"Merle? You still there? I know it's a lot to take in, but I really need you to do this, or we're done. EWA is already on our neck and VWA is rising fast."

The raspy voice of Ali Bloxsome on the other end of the phone line barely registered to my senses. I was numb and the only thing I could think of was I was having a deja vu. Not long ago I held the book in Ring of Fire, then Jeff Nova happened and 21CW was on fire so bad it engulfed every promotion in the UK in its flames until there was nothing left but ashes. I left the scene and moved to mainland Europe for a job with Ultimate European Wrestling. It's been ten years since that day and now fate caught up with me on the tail end of my career. Our reigning UEW World champion and head booker Joey Beauchamp was leaving in just a few days. Ironically, to go work for 21CW across the channel.

God damn it, Joey...

I let out a long sigh. "Who else is in the know?"

I could hear Ali smiling on the other end. "Just you, me, Joey and some folks over 21CW's talent relations for now."

I nodded to myself in satisfaction. "Good. Let's keep it that way, or it's gonna blow our next main event to shreds. I know some people who work for 21CW, I'll see if I can pull some strings for a favor but I don't trust 'em. We'll have to do the next show as soon as possible, have Joey drop the belt before he leaves." I paused for a bit. "Holy hell, who's he gonna drop the belt to? Joey's our only main eventer still in his prime."

Bloxsome took a deep breath. "Eight years ago, when my body was starting to give in, I was thinking the same about dropping my title to Stig. Life goes on, Merle. He's reaching retirement, you're reaching retirement, but we still have talent like Konrad we can develop. Or, you know, we can just shut the gates and let Byron run the scene with his self-centered sports entertainment show as a monopoly. So, are you with me?"
Unread 01-22-2018, 10:59 AM
Low Minors

My body is ready for this, Ive been playing recently with UEW in Europe so I think i will enjoy this
Unread 01-22-2018, 01:33 PM
Super Star

Ultimate European Wrestling

Size: Small
Based: Iberia (Europe)
Product: Traditional (Key Feature), Realism (Heavy), Modern and Pure (Medium)
Match intensity: 70%
Match danger: 40%
Face/Heel divide: Active
Women's Wrestling: No
Weight categories: No

"The Demolition Druid" Ali Bloxsome
A reliable worker across Europe and the UK, Ali Bloxsome was employed by the lead promotion in Europe, UCR, when it went bankrupt. While Byron started EWA with an outright sports entertainment focus, Bloxsome saw himself as the spiritual successor to UCR's traditional style, which led him to founding UEW in 2007. The two men have been on each other's necks ever since and so have their respective promotions, with Bloxsome hanging up his boots in 2008 to focus on running the promotion from backstage as a road agent.

Gary Garret
Poor ol' Gary. He hated everything sports entertainment and how UCR would milk him and identical twin brother Pat for laughs. He wanted nothing to do with EWA, but his brother accepted their offer and now they're split. Guess he couldn't bear to carry on the joke in Byron's new promotion.

Matthew Morris & Tim Reed
"Massive" Matt Morris had a good run with MOSC, but they weren't ever going to give up on the "Evans & Evans" announcing duo, so he moved to Europe and UCR. A solid announcer who can call the action and still sell a story, he was quickly signed to UEW. His recent partner on the booth is Tim Reed, a low level indie jobber turned color commentator. Tim's doing really good for himself so far, but the duo clearly need some more experience working together.

Joey "The Breeze" Beauchamp
I'm including Joey because even though he's leaving, he's technically still on our roster, still the UEW World champion and booked to wrestle in one more match for the promotion. Joey's a 39 year old veteran from Oxford and he uses that background for his cocky character. Not that it's far from his real self, if you consider his last storyline before leaving was to book himself beating the massive Kalu Owusu for the title thanks to some brass knuckles, then doing everything he could to avoid getting in the ring with him again. Clearly, that'll get wrapped up in Joey's final match.

Kalu Owusu
Speaking of the man, former champion Kalu Owusu is a 38 year old powerhouse from the Ivory Coast whose size comes with some impressive athleticism. Unsurprisingly, that and his no-nonesense character led him to a brief stint with INSPIRE in Japan before they went out of business. Owusu then joined EWA to feud with Byron and beat him on two occasions for the EWA Universal title, before walking out in 2011 and immediately joining UEW. Guess he finally realized he wasn't cut for sports entertainment.

Stig Svensson
Formerly known as Captain Hero in UCR, Stig was their figurehead and for good reason: He's got slick all-around skills in the ring, he can talk, he's got charisma, he's got the looks and he certainly has the X factor. Now at 44 years of age and nearing retirement, his choice to go old school instead of comfortably working the mic in EWA came as a surprise to some. Personally, I just think he wasn't happy with the idea of jobbing to Byron as his retirement angle.

"The Irish Stretching Machine" Merle O Curle
That'd be me. I decided to ditch the hair and adopt a more rugged look since I joined UEW.

Menace
Real name Terry Allen, Menace is our resident monster heel. We spent some time under the same roof back at Ring of Fire, but he was too slow and plodding for what was going on there. UEW seems to suit him better and he has gone on to establish himself as a fearsome force, largely thanks to an impressive, dominant year-long reign as UEW Nations champion. Menace is also one of the few openly gay professional wrestlers, something I respect the hell out of him for.

"Punisher" Paul Hughes
Originally a kick boxer, Paul Hughes switched to wrestling after seeing the success that genuine fighters like Mike Watson and Raul Hughes had in Japan. After joining UEW in 2009, a series of brutally hard-fought bouts against Michael Moodie established the Welshman as as a tough guy you don't want to mess with and certainly one of the promotion's breakout stars. For my money, at age 37 Paul has the best chance of taking up Joey's mantle as UEW's focal point in the immediate future.

"The Red Devil" Jamie Anderson
Poor Jamie. Solid as a rock, but neither flashy nor charismatic enough to make it big. His best run has to be teaming up with Beast Bantom, though Bantom was the real star of the duo and 21CW were quick to take notice. Now at 43 years of age, Jamie's passing the torch to the next generation before hanging up his boots.

The Shooters
"The Terror of the Highlands" Don Henderson & "So Solid" Billy Robinson
Don and Billy used to team up back in the ROF days as a duo of technical wizards. With the 21CW buyout, Don made the move to UEW while Billy resurfaced in Japan, working for SAISHO. One of my first moves since taking the book was to sign up Robinson and reunite the Shooters, who I expect to be our number one babyface team.

The German Machine
Lars Brecher & Ralph Grimm
Which brings me to their designated rivals and reigning UEW Tag team champions, The German Machine. Real life friends Lars Brecher and Ralph Grimm are tough all-rounders with a rock solid technical backbone and plenty of experience between them.

Aleksander Knyazev
He's an established kick boxer with a solid jiu jitsu background to boot, so of course he's with UEW working an MMA/shoot fighter gimmick. I doubt he's got the charisma to rise above reliable midcarder, but I might be wrong.

Thor the Mighty & Fink Finkleton
Thor's our backup monster heel, managed by Fink Finkleton. Not the most exciting worker to watch, but he gets by on pure menace and squashing jobbers.

"Stone Cold Killer" Konrad Mäkinen
The best kept secret in European wrestling, this 24 year old future champion in waiting has money written all over him. He might be a little too melodramatic in his selling of moves, but he has a bright future ahead of him. Currently the UEW Nations champion, Konrad is my personal little wager;can I grow the promotion fast enough to keep him around or will he jump ship to greener pastures before I'm done with him?

"Milan" Marcello Ricci
Ricci's got more charisma than in-ring skill, but at just 25 years old, he has plenty of room to grow and a lot of potential to fulfill. In 2013 he scored a major upset when he defeated Menace to win the UEW Nations title, ending the year-long reign of terror of the big man; while he lost the title almost immediately, the win helped establish Ricci as a popular underdog who the fans can get behind.

"Parisian Power" Garion LaChance
Our resident Frenchman, Garion is a solid worker who can provoke heat from any audience that isn't French. He's had a rough career so far due to a few poor gimmick choices, but at 37 now he seems poised for the run his skills deserve.

"The Prospect" Gordon Leve
His nickname pretty much sums it up. Gordon is half Israeli, though it hasn't given him any exotic features that I can see. If you look past the blandness though, Levi's got a great foundation to build up on, plus he's only 25.

Irwin Gutman
Now this one's gonna be a tough nut to crack, or should I say a tough fish to gut? Irwin's a man of few words, quick takedowns and complex submission holds, but he's also a pain in the butt backstage. Taming him into a reliable asset isn't going to be easy, but he has the potential for great things so I should at least give it a shot.

"The Welsh Warrior" Red Dragon
Ian Davies is another sad story, a victim to Jeff Nova's takeover of 21CW just as he'd won the big title. Can't say cruiserweights are exactly our style, but Red Dragon is solid and he's quite useful when you need to spice up a match with some flash.

Jotaro Tanaka
Tanaka is our resident puroresu expert, a 22 year old kid on excursion from Japan. I know he won't be around for long, so he gets his experience and I get some fodder for guys higher up the food chain. It's a win win deal, really.

"The German Destroyer" Clubber Kohl
Clubber Kohl is all about high intensity brawling and using his tenacity and ferocity to overwhelm opponents, which makes him a perfect fit for our roster, unless he decides to take his chances in Japan. He is particularly noted for his three big moves: his vicious running knee into the face of an opponent seated in the corner; his wicked diving headbutt; and his Hamburg Express finisher, a high velocity charging tackle. Not bad for a man in his rookie year.
Unread 01-22-2018, 01:53 PM
Super Star

UEW World
Current holder:
Joey Beauchamp (4th reign)
Defenses: 2
Previous holders
Kalu Owusu (2) Jan 15 - Aug 15
Beast Bantom (3) Jul 14 - Jan 15
Stig Svensson (3) Dec 13 - Jul 14
Beast Bantom (2) Nov 12 - Dec 13
Kalu Owusu Apr 12 - Nov 12
Joey Beauchamp (3) Sep 11 - Apr 12
Beast Bantom Jan 11 - Sep 11
Stig Svensson (2) May 10 - Jan 11
Joey Beauchamp (2) Aug 09 - May 10
Stig Svensson Mar 09 - Aug 09
Ali Bloxsome Aug 08 - Mar 09
Sergei Kalashnov Mar 08 - Aug 08
Joey Beauchamp Oct 07 - Mar 08

UEW Nations
Current Holder:
Konrad Mäkinen
Defenses: 3
Previous holders
Punisher Paul Hughes (3) Jan 15 - Sep 15
Thor the Mighty Sep 14 - Jan 15
Don Henderson (2) Mar 14 - Sep 14
Aleksander Knyazev Sep 13 - Mar 14
Marcello Ricci Aug 13 - Sep 13
Menace (2) Aug 12 - Aug 13
Don Henderson Dec 11 - Aug 12
Menace Jun 11 - Dec 11
Punisher Paul Hughes (2) Oct 10 - Jun 11
Michael Moodie (3) Jul 10 - Oct 10
Punisher Paul Hughes Apr 10 - Jul 10
Michael Moodie (2) Sep 09 - Apr 10
Geoff Borne (2) Mar 09 - Sep 09
Beast Bantom Nov 08 - Mar 09
Michael Moodie May 08 - Nov 08
Geoff Borne Dec 07 - May 08

UEW Tag Team
Current Holders:
The German Machine (Lars Brecher & Ralph Grimm)
Defenses: 2
Previous holders
Marcello Ricci and Gordon Leve Feb 15 - Aug 15
The German Machine (2) Jun 14 - Feb 15
Punisher Paul Hughes and Red Dragon Aug 13 - Jun 14
The German Machine Jul 12 - Aug 13
Merle O Curle and Punisher Paul Hughes Nov 11 - Jul 12
Geoff Borne and Sergei Kalashnov Mar 11 - Nov 11
Red Dragon and Gordon Leve Oct 10 - Mar 11
Geoff Borne and Inky the Squid Boy (2) Feb 10 - Oct 10
Jamie Anderson and Beast Bantom (2) Apr 09 - Feb 10
Geoff Borne and Inky the Squid Boy Sep 08 - Apr 09
Nigerian Hit Squad (Rahabad & Rashid Lawal) Jun 08 - Sep 08
Jamie Anderson and Beast Bantom Dec 07 - Jun 08
Unread 01-22-2018, 02:13 PM
Super Star

Match card for UEW Something to Prove
Quote:
UEW World title match: Joey Beauchamp (c) vs Kalu Owusu
Stig Svensson vs Menace
UEW Nations title match: Konrad Mäkinen (c) vs Aleksander Knyazev
UEW Tag team titles match: The German Machine (Lars Brecher & Ralph Grimm) (c) vs The Shooters (Don Henderson & Billy Robinson)
Highlights from the press conference to promote the show
UEW owner Ali Bloxsome announced the show card and said the title is "symbolic in more ways than one, not just for the wrestlers fighting."

The reunion of the Shooters was an emotional moment, with Billy Robinson saying he's glad to be back and working with Don Henderson once again. Confident this will lead to their first reign as UEW Tag team champions, the duo praised defending champions German Machine but made absolutely clear they are not afraid of them.

Asked about his scheduled match against Menace, Stig Svensson said he knows what he's up against and pointed out that his entire career has been about him facing insurmountable odds, a nod to his time as Captain Hero with UCR.

Headliners Joey Beauchamp and Kalu Owusu did a joint interview to hype up their title match. Kalu said he's glad to finally be facing the man who stole the title from him, to which Beauchamp replied by saying he's the only man to have held the title on four occasions, so he doesn't need to prove anything to anyone about how he does it.
Unread 01-23-2018, 08:22 AM
Super Star

UEW Something to Prove
Date: January 2016
Venue: Piazza La Navarre (Iberia, Europe)
Attendance: 731

UEW Tag team titles match
vs
The German Machine (Lars Brecher & Ralph Grimm) vs The Shooters (Don Henderson & Billy Robinson)
Quote:
  • Fans loved seeing the reunited Shooters back in action, but the no-nonesense, ultra serious German duo wasn't having any of it and got the match started with some stiff strikes, before taking things to the mat.
  • As the smallest man in the match, Billy Robinson was the champions' preferred target, who focused their offense on his lower back.
  • After some great chain wrestling from Brecher, Grimm got tagged in and went to work. Less accomplished in submissions than his partner, Grimm peppered his offense with stiff shots, but that created an opening for Robinson who reversed and managed to tag in his partner
  • Once he got the hot tag, Henderson went toe to toe with Grimm in a brutal striking contest
  • Using their superior experience, the German Machine drew Henderson towards their corner, before Brecher made the blind tag to come in and put the Scotsman in the Brecher Stretch for the tap out victory
Result: The German Machine retain via submission
Grade: D+

UEW Nations title match
vs
Konrad Mäkinen vs Aleksander Knyazev
Quote:
  • The start of the match felt much like a shoot MMA fight as both men circled the ring, sized up each other and took careful jabs to feel each other out
  • Knyazev eventually made the jump and took Mäkinen to the mat, where his ground and pound game put the defending champion in such a tight spot there nearly was a referee stoppage
  • Back on his feet after the ref broke things up, Mäkinen had the fans behind him as he looked to make a comeback and avoid another takedown
  • The two locked up in a standing position and that's where Mäkinen was able to use his power advantage for a belly to belly suplex that popped the crowd
  • From there the match seemed to drag a bit, as neither man was really sure what to do next
  • Back into a standing exchange of stiff blows, it was Knyazev who seemed to be tiring as he looked more and more groggy after every hit he took
  • Sensing his opportunity, Mäkinen pushed on and finally managed to lock in the Swedish Grapevine, forcing his opponent to submit.
Result: Konrad Mäkinen retains via submission

vs
Stig Svensson vs Menace
Quote:
  • Well aware of his size and power disadvantage, Svensson played this by the book and sought to cut his opponent down to size by bringing him to the mat and working the legs
  • Of course, that's easier said than done and more than once, Menace simply shook off the attacks, refusing to go down to the mat
  • With strikes not working as he'd like, Svensson took more chances and looked to take Menace to the mat using his technical expertise
  • That meant he had to dive for the legs and generally come closer to Menace, thus exposing his own defenses
  • Menace fought back using sheer power, before proceeding to repeatedly slam Svensson to the mat, before hitting him with the Ultimate Rejection.
Result: Menace wins via pinfall
Grade: D-

Enio Morricone's iconic "Ecstasy of Gold" played on the speakers of Piazza La Navarre as Kalu Owusu made his way to the ring in slow, focused fashion. Between his body language and the music, all the signs were there that this was going to be a big fight.
Grade: E

Joey Beauchamp's cocky uplifting pop theme is a stark contrast, as is his manner of strutting confidently to the ring with the UEW World title around his waist.
Grade: D

UEW World title match
vs
Joey "The Breeze" Beauchamp vs Kalu Owusu
Quote:
  • Given the story between these two rivals, the match is off to a slow start as Beauchamp tries to avoid Owusu
  • Joey even tries to get counted out intentionally in order to retain, which forces his opponent to come out and chase him
  • First back in the ring, Beauchamp uses his speed and athleticism to hit Owusu with a low dropkick to the head just as he's entering the ring
  • Joey uses a few more high velocity moves to soften up his opponent, then displays his rounded offense with some submission holds
  • Kalu Owusu may be a one-sided brawler in comparison, but he's good at what he does. Using his power advantage to escape Beauchamp's holds, he mounts a counterattack of big shots and thunderous suplexes
  • Feeling the tide turn against him, Beauchamp makes a desperate attempt for the Breeze Block, but Owusu cuts him off with his own finisher, a decapitating Lariat Clothesline.
Result: Kalu Owusu wins the UEW World title via pinfall

Show grade: D
Unread 01-29-2018, 04:49 AM
Super Star

Match card for UEW Respect and Tradition
Quote:
UEW Wold title match: Kalu Owusu (c) vs Merle O'Curle
Menace vs Marcello Ricci
Stig Svensson & Konrad Mäkinen vs Garion LaChance & Jamie Anderson
The German Machine & Irwin Gutmann vs The Shooters & Red Dragon
Andriy Boronin vs Clubber Kohl
Pre-show
Thor the Mighty vs Jotaro Tanaka
Aleksander Knyazev vs Gordon Leve
Punisher Paul Huges vs Giancarlo Giabroni
Headliners Kalu Owusu and Merle O'Curle addressed the departure of Joey Beauchamp, saying this match between them symbolizes a departure from the high flying "entertainment" style of Beauchamp and an emphasis on the hard-hitting, technical style UEW specializes in.

With the show scheduled to take place in Italy, Marcello Ricci gave an entertaining interview to say he hopes the hometown advantage will allow him to repeat his David vs Goliath feat and once again pull off a surprise win against the monster Menace.

The press conference began with the presentation of UEW's newest signing, Andriy Bornin. The 25 year old Ukrainian spoke of his experience with amateur wrestling during his time in the armed forces of his country and promised he'll show what he's all about in his debut match that'll open UEW Respect and Tradition.
Unread 01-29-2018, 07:39 PM
Super Star

You said Joey was the only main eventer still in his prime, so I would imagine you'll want to have the next title holder to be someone younger than Merle. Not to mention Owusu just won the title, and losing it in his first defense would make him appear a bit weak.

Menace vs Marcello Ricci

Menace just went over one of your main eventers in Stig, so I don't see him losing here. There are a lot of monsters on the European scene, but Menace is one of the few who can actually go in the ring, so I think pushing him into a main event position is a solid choice. As for Ricci he's a really good prospect, about on par with Mäkinen imo, so even though I predict against him here I still see good things in his future.

Pretty easy choice here; Anderson is past his prime and I don't LaChance even really had one to begin with. Pairing up Stig & Konrad for a run as a tag team wouldn't be the worst idea since Stig's best days are behind him, but still has a lot he could teach a youngster like Konrad.

You don't have a lot of tag teams, so I imagine the Shooters pick up the win here to set up another title match down the road.

There's actually a lot to like about Clubber: Genuine tough guy, solid fundamentals, and ultra consistent. That being said he's still a rookie, and he has to pay his dues putting over the new signing.

Pre-show

I was going to compare Thor to a younger, less polished version of Menace, but then I realized he's actually older then him.

Bit of a coinflip, but I'll go with Knyazev on the basis he's more established. Leve is a good prospect, but feels like he needs a bit more of an identity before he can really make a push to the top.

I'm guessing Giancarlo is just here on a 1-off since he's a local guy.
Unread 01-29-2018, 08:39 PM
Hall of Fame

Menace vs Marcello Ricci
Pre-show
Unread 01-29-2018, 09:01 PM
Phenom

Menace vs Marcello Ricci

Pre-show
Unread 01-30-2018, 02:39 AM
Super Star

Welcome everyone, good to see some familiar usernames too. For the record, I'm not doing a prediction contest in this dynasty, but I'll record the results just for fun so feel free to predict (and comment, you never know, I might use some of your ideas).

I messed up the saves a bit, so I had to recover/rewind, re-book the first show and advance to the second. Hopefully will have it posted in a bit.
Unread 01-30-2018, 04:49 AM
Super Star

UEW Respect and Tradition
Date: February 2016
Venue: PalaUbami (Italy, Europe)
Attendance: 719

Pre-show
Punisher Paul Hughes defeated Giancarlo Giabroni. D-
Aleksander Knyazev defeated Gordon Leve. E+
Thor The Mighty defeated Jotaro Tanaka. E+

vs
Quote:
  • Andriy Boronin kicked things off by getting into a striking contest with his opponent. It was a bad move though, as Kohl got the best of him, backed him into the corner and set him up for his signature running knee to the face.
  • Boronin kicked out of the subsequent pin attempt and smartly changed his game to a more grapple and submission based style. This helped him turn the match around and sold him as a Bad Ass to the fans.
  • Boronin kept working Kohl's leg and rightfully picked up the win for a strong debut, as he was clearly the better wrestler.
Result: Andriy Boronin wins via submission

vs
Quote:
  • This match was heavily focused on telling a story, from Gutmann's German roots leading him to team up with Grimm&Brecher to their opponents all having worked for the big UK promotions and of course, the ongoing war between the Shooters and the German Machine over the UEW Tag team titles.
  • Red Dragon was clearly out of his element caught between so many mat-based grapplers and couldn't quite pull off his high flying moves to full effect.
  • On the opposite end, Gutmann outperformed everyone in the match and justified the hype surrounding his name.
  • All the above also played into the ending of the match, with Gutmann beating Red Dragon with his Tiger Sleeper hold.
Result: The German Machine & Irwin Gutmann win via submission

vs
Quote:
  • The Swedish duo was in control for most of the match as they were clearly on the same page, unlike their opponents.
  • Svensson & Mäkinen also utilize a similar oldschool style based around technical wrestling with some old-school stiff strikesn here and there, which made Mäkinen practically come across as Svensson's successor.
  • Mäkinen did most of the heavy lifting for the duration of the match, though Svensson's experience earned them the win after he put Jamie Anderson into the Swedish Grapevine and forced him to tap out.
Result: Stig Svensson & Konrad Mäkinen win via submission

Marcello Ricci brought a mic with him as he came out to the ring, cutting a promo playing to his home crowd as he hyped them up to cheer for him in his upcoming match with Menace.

vs
Menace vs Marcello Ricci
Quote:
  • Thanks to the promo that preceded the match, the Italian fans were firmly behind Marcello Ricci from bell to bell.
  • Menace threw the Italian wrestler around and slammed him repeatedly on the mat in a very one-sided match. His dominance furthered his monster status as well as Ricci's underdog one.
  • With the fans never giving up hope for Ricci, Menace felt confident enough to start taunting them. This left him open to a surprise roll up pin from Ricci though, perfectly wrapping up their David vs Goliath story with a feelgood victory for the hometown hero.
Result: Marcello Ricci wins via pinfall

UEW World title match
vs
Kalu Owusu vs Merle O'Curle
Quote:
  • The champion started the match with some explosive strikes that took his opponent by surprise and put him in control of the match.
  • He quickly slowed down the pace though and proceeded to dismantle the challenger with big hits and power moves.
  • The slower pace favored Merle O'Curle though, who used his technical expertise to reverse and take the champion to the mat for some stretching.
  • O'Curle also used this chance to move away from his "generic" technical Machine gimmick and display his Arch Competitor side, as he fiercely stretched Owusu. Fans seemed to love this spark of competitive fire in the Irishman.
  • From there it was a question of whether Kalu Owusu had the fighting spirit to stay in the match. He did, withstanding several painful holds before he was able to break out and make a comeback, leading to a decapitating Clothesline Lariat.
Result: Kalu Owusu retains via pinfall

Show Grade: D+
Unread 01-30-2018, 05:34 AM
Super Star

Match card for UEW Trial by Combat
Quote:
UEW World title match: Kalu Owusu (c) vs Aleksander Knyazev
Stig Svensson & Punisher Paul Hughes vs Merle O'Curle & Garion LaChance
UEW Nations title match: Konrad Mäkinen vs Jamie Anderson
Menace & Thor the Mighty vs Red Dragon & Jotaro Tanaka
UEW Tag team titles match: The German Machine vs Gordon Leve & Andriy Boronin
The Shooters vs Irwin Gurtmann & Clubber Kohl
UEW World title challenger Aleksander Knyazev said he knows his chances against the massive Ivorian champion are slim, but he's confident if he can impose a pace that favors him, he'll be able to use Kalu Owusu's age against him to win the match.

Fink Finkleton did most of the talking as the de facto mouthpiece for the monster tag team of Menace and Thor the Mighty. Flanked by the two big men, Finkleton's promises of pain felt like a scary prospect indeed.

Quote:
Prediction results
Tiberious4: 6/8
KnowYourEnemy: 6/8
HiPlus: 4/8
Unread 01-30-2018, 01:05 PM
Super Star

UEW World title match: Kalu Owusu (c) vs Aleksander Knyazev

To me Knazev seems like a gatekeeper style of wrestler. He'll beat guys lower on the card, but isn't quite main event material and will put over your top talent.

Tougher choice than last time since Merle is a huge step up from Dragon, but I still see LaChance as the weak link here.

UEW Nations title match: Konrad Mäkinen vs Jamie Anderson

These two are on opposite career trajectories at the moment. I could see you wanting to get the Nations title off of Makinen so you can push him to World Championship contention, but Anderson isn't the guy to do it with.

Squash.

UEW Tag team titles match: The German Machine vs Gordon Leve & Andriy Boronin

Real Team over Random Pairing.

The Shooters vs Irwin Gurtmann & Clubber Kohl

See Above. I have to say re-uniting the shooters was an interesting move, since with all of your main eventers aging I'd think Don Henderson would be a prime candidate for a push to the top.

Last edited by Tiberious : 01-30-2018 at 01:20 PM.
Unread 02-02-2018, 08:39 AM
Super Star

UEW Trial by Combat
Date: March 2016
Venue: La Warehouse (France, Europe)
Attendance: 692

vs
The Shooters vs Irwin Gutmann & Clubber Kohl
Quote:
  • An interesting combination of youngsters, with Kohl bringing the intense brawling while Gutmann had several complex submission holds to show
  • This became apparent immediately as the team focused on Billy Robinson, the smallest man in the match. Kohl caught him off guard with his intensity, before tagging Gutmann in to pick Robinson apart
  • Showing great fighting spirit, Robinson refused to tap and thanks to his own serious technical skills, was able to escape and tag in his partner
  • Superior in both individual and teaming experience, The Shooters were firmly in control of the match from that point on
  • Robinson picked up the win for his team with a cross body block on Kohl, followed by a big frog splash, a testament to how his aerial skills have grown in his time with WLW in Japan
Result: The Shooters win via pinfall

UEW Tag team titles match
vs
The German Machine vs Gordon Leve & Andriy Boronin
Quote:
  • The champions' confidence had them underestimate the challengers and the hungry youngsters were eager to jump on the opportunity
  • Leve and Boronin were solid on the mat individually, but lacked any sense of team spirit whatsoever
  • Ralph Grimm's crunching blows were too much for Leve to take and this turned the match around in favor of the champions, who proceeded to punish the rookies for their insolence, before finally defeating them to retain.
Result: The German Machine retain via pinfall

vs
Quote:
  • Tanaka's youthful excitement didn't offer him much help as Thor the Mighty seemed impervious to his blows
  • The veteran Red Dragon used a mix of flying offense and submission wrestling to grind the big man down. For a while, it seemed to work, until Menace was tagged in
  • The rest of the match involved Thor and Menace completely annihilating their opposition.
  • A series of smart tags and double team moves seemed to suggest the two of them have excellent chemistry, which could lead to them teaming up on a more regular basis.
  • Once the monster duo was tired of toying with their opponents, Menace hit the Ultimate Rejection on Jotaro Tanaka and pinned him for the win.
Result: Menace and Thor the Mighty win via pinfall
Grade: E+

UEW Nations title match
vs
Konrad Mäkinen vs Jamie Anderson
Quote:
  • Mäkinen was off to an explosive start, trying to catch the ageing Anderson by surprise.
  • His brawling game was pretty one-sided though and the experienced Anderson quickly turned it around to gain control of the match.
  • After a few high flying moves, Anderson kept to the ground with a less impressive, but highly varied and effective mix of brawling and technical wrestling.
  • As he usually does, Mäkinen (over)sold every move in highly dramatic fashion, which got the crowd behind him and helped him mount his eventual comeback.
  • The longer the bout dragged, the more exhausted Anderson seemed. Eventually, it came down to stamina and odds favored the defending champion.
  • Totally spent, Anderson was forced to tap out as soon as the Swedish Grapevine was applied on him.
Result: Konrad Mäkinen retains via submission

vs
Quote:
  • He may be the oldest active member of the roster, but Stig Svensson has the moves and charisma to really fire up a crowd and get them cheering for him
  • Garion LaChance was terrible in the ring, even when faced with an old man in decline, so he soon resorted to weapons. This did not sit well at all with the traditionalist/purist UEW crowd, but it did earn him some heel heat
  • "The Irish Stretching Machine" Merle O'Curle took over from there and got to work on fellow veteran Svensson, bringing things back to a mat based grapppling bout
  • In a great show of heart, Svensson held on for dear life in several holds, before finally managing to tag in his partner
  • Fresh and fired up, Punisher Paul Hughes stormed the ring and made short work of O'Curle
  • Garion LaChance looked to relieve his teammate with a blind tag, but he only ended up getting caught with a match-ending Roundhouse Kick from Hughes as he entered the ring
Result: Stig Svensson & Punisher Paul Hughes win via pinfall

UEW World title match
vs
Kalu Owusu vs Aleksander Knyazev
Quote:
  • Knyazev knew both he and his opponent were pretty one-sided in their strike-heavy game, with Owusu having a size and strength advantage, so he took a slow, methodical approach as he sought to pick his spots instead of going all-out into a slugfest.
  • This was also a clever way to mask the declining physical abilities of the defending champion as well as the documented weak stamina of the challenger.
  • The pace initially reminded of a boxing match in the first round as the two competitors felt each other out, but Owusu soon charged in and muscled his opponent into a corner.
  • Knyazev opted for aggressive defense as he trapped Owusu into a submission hold between the ropes that the referee was forced to break up shortly after.
  • Owusu sought an opening for another takedown attempt, but Knyazev wasn't unprepared this time and evaded well.
  • In a quick change of tactics, the champion looked like he'd shoot for another takedown, but instead busted out his Lariat Clothesline out of nowhere!
  • Knyazev kicked out though and as both men got back on their feet looked to hit his own finisher in the form of a Head Kick
  • Owusu barely dodged the blow, before another Lariat Clothesline that held Knyazev down long enough for the count this time.
Result: Kalu Owusu retains via pinfall

Show grade: D