Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-07-2018, 02:40 AM
Minor League

Default Uprising: The Miseducation of Eric Eisen

Supreme Wrestling Federation HQ

"You want to give Eric more responsibility? Are you out of your mind?"

My brother, Jerry Eisen
Jerry's always been full of himself. He's always been my dad's model son. To be fair, I can see why: he's legit a carbon copy of the "great" Richard Eisen. Which also makes him a bit of an ass.

My dad, and Jerry's role model
"He's 37 years old, Jerry. We can't keep sheltering him and letting him play pretend as one of my pro wrestlers. I'm not going to be here forever, and I need to make sure I'm leaving SWF in good hands between the two of you."

Jerry rolls his eyes. If he had it his way, he'd take the whole company for himself.

You're probably pretty confused with what's going on, so let me explain everything. My dad, Richard Eisen to everyone else, is a big deal in professional wrestling. For the past 40 years, he's been the most successful wrestling promoter in the world. But...he's fallen on hard times and he hasn't responded in the best ways.

Hey, that's me!
I'm Eric Eisen, the son of Richard Eisen that doesn't have a stick up his ass. Nice to meet you. For the past decade or so, I've been a professional wrestler. I'll admit, I haven't necessarily had the hardest path to superstardom in wrestling. Still, I do care about the business.

"Well, maybe he could act like he's almost 40," said Jerry. "Eric, are you even awake?!"

And Jerry...well...

"Uhh," I managed to say. "Yeah, yeah, of course."

"You see, Dad?"

A-hole.

"Eric... Jerry and I have been discussing..." said Dad. "Well actually, I've been trying to talk your brother into us giving you more responsibility in the family business."

Jerry shook his head. Obviously, he didn't like that. He's the head booker; he loves having all the input on how this company is run creatively. Pretty good feeling to have that much power when you have zero talent in professional wrestling. I mean, besides being a very mediocre announcer.

"Dad, you know I'm chill with just being one of the boys."

"Eric, smarten up," snapped Jerry. "You're not one of the boys. They don't see you as one of them. Those guys, they're carnies. They've spent their whole life wrestling in bingo halls for a chance to headline the Supreme Challenge. The last time Dad and I tried giving you a push, Frehley and Parsons walked out and Peter got himself fired."

This is what happens when you spent all of high school being stuffed into a locker.

"Are you finished, Jerry?" said Dad. "You can put your brother down all you want, but he's done a heck of a job to get to where he is. Eric, I think it's time for you to have some more input around here."

Jerry murmured something, but my dad glared at him. He shut up really quick. The guy might as well be an invertebrate with the backbone he has.

"I'm fine with you continuing your ring work. You're too important to the product for us to fully write you off as a competitor," he continued. "But, I want you to have your own project within the company."

"What do you have in mind?"

"Well, I think it's time for a B show. I have to say, Cattley has done a fantastic job developing the kids down in RIPW and I think it's time to take advantage of that, Eric", Dad said. "I know you like your independent wrestlers and your flippy things, so I think you'd be perfect to run this project."

"Dad..." said Jerry.

"Jerry will still take care of operations here on the main roster, and you can still stay an active competitor," Dad said. "Eric, I'll give you access to whatever you need to get this thing started. Find a venue, hire whatever talent you want, and talk to TV networks to get this thing on air.

That began my journey in creating SWF's Uprising brand. Jerry didn't seem to happy, but who cares. He's never happy about anything unless someone's kissing his ass.

I caught a flight back to New York City. I got back to my apartment and opened my laptop. It was time to get to work.

The Miseducation of Eric Eisen
by Poet Justice
Unread 03-07-2018, 02:41 AM
Minor League

Uprising current roster, champions and history will continually be updated as the diary progresses.
Unread 03-07-2018, 02:41 AM
Minor League

Default Introduction

Introduction to Uprising
(As narrated by Eric Eisen)
So, since the last time, I've been busy at work. I created Uprising, using an old SWF copyright for a scraped B show Peter Michaels had planned years ago. The premise of the show was simple: showcase the future stars of SWF for the rest of world in front of a live and TV audience.

Uprising, an Eric Eisen project
My dad wanted Uprising up and running by the end of January. It was daunting, given how ambitious the task was. I reached out to Mean Jean Cattley, the owner of RIPW, SWF's feeder league. He had agreed to ship out a big portion of RIPW's developmental talent, under the condition that I replenish his roster with new talent.

I found a nice venue in Northern California, in a nice warehouse located between San Francisco and the Bay Area peninsula. In a few weeks, it will be opened to the public as Eisen Historical California Auditorium and be the permanent home of Uprising. I had builders slap a state-of-the-art production system, a beautiful steel ring and 2,500 leather seats into the venue. It's pretty sweet if you ask me.

Finding a television deal wasn't easy. The new season of television was starting. USA Sports 1, Arcadia and NCTV all wanted to take Uprising on, but could not start until the fall. Ironically, it was Reverie, the parent company of USPW, our biggest rivals, who came knocking. I guess the company wanted to diversify its portfolios, because it signed us up for a late night TV deal on the massive streaming service. My dad wasn't too pleased, but he wouldn't get it; streaming services are the future of TV.

Rules of Uprising
I. All Uprising talent is contracted under Supreme Wrestling Federation
a. All SWF rules apply to Uprising talent
1. Uprising talent may be asked to fulfill appearances on SupremeTV
2. Uprising talent must pass all drug tests
b. Uprising talent that wrestle for other promotions must prioritize SWF appearances above other wrestling obligations.
c. Uprising brand talent may not challenge for the SWF World Heavyweight Title until fully a member of the main roster
II. Two-way Contracts
a. Midcard talent may wrestle for both Uprising and the main roster under a two-way contract.
b. If a wrestler is under a two-contract, he must be willing to travel from domestic main roster shows to San Francisco.
c. Two-way contract wrestlers are first and forth most Uprising brand wrestlers.
Failure to prioritize Uprising may lead to revocation of two-way contract privileges
III. RIPW Residents
a. RIPW wrestlers are allowed to appear on SWF programming, including Uprising. However, their roles will be lessened until a full transition to the company.
b. RIPW Residents must be willing to pay for their own transportation.
Booking may not be guaranteed unless previously promised.
IV. In-Ring
a. Any qualifying wrestler who pins a title-holder will receive a title-shot for the corresponding championship.
b. If a wrestler is disqualified during a match, his opponent is granted an option to receive a rematch under no-disqualification rules.
c. If a wrestler is stripped of his title, there will be a 4-8 man tournament to determine a new champion.
1. If the former champion is stripped due to injury and not disciplinary reasons, he was entitled to a rematch once he is medically cleared.
d. If a wrestler signs a main roster contract (not a two-way), he is no longer allowed to return to Uprising programming. Any exceptions must be approved by both Uprising President Eric Eisen and Commissioner Eric Eisen.
V. Independent Wrestlers
a. Independent wrestlers are allowed and encouraged to wrestler for Uprising under pay-per-view contracts.
b. Independent wrestlers are not allowed to appear on main roster programming until they sign exclusive deals with SWF.
c. Independent wrestlers are prohibited from signing with TCW or USPW if they wish to remain on Uprising's roster
Meet the Initial Uprisers
The Main Attractions

These guys are going to be the cornerstones of Uprising from the start. They have already had quite a bit of exposure on the main roster, but I think Uprising will give them more time to hone their craft and provide them with their own stories and plots rather than just using them to fill screen-time for SupremeTV.

First, Jimmy Hernandez is one of SWF's brightest youngsters. He's charismatic as hell, as well as a fantastic wrestler. It also doesn't hurt to be incredibly popular among female SWF fans. He's currently a midcarder on the main roster, and is playing a character best described as a laid-back, carefree anti-hero.

Since the the early 2000's, Coastal Zone Championship Wrestling has been a huge pipeline for SWF talent. Mikey Lau might be the most special of that crop of wrestlers. He's a fantastic in-ring worker, and might be the most well-liked guy in the locker room behind Angry Gilmore. He's one of the most important wrestlers in indie history, and he's a legit badass: he has a black belt in karate and is a wold-champion kick boxer. His character isn't too far from reality: he's an ass-kicking, sympathetic babyface martial arts machine.

Greatness seems to have been bestowed upon Hollywood Bret Starr. He's a third-generation superstar, his grandfather being Micky Starr, the pioneer of the SWF mega-star. It's not hard to see the main event talent in Bret: he's charismatic as hell. He can connect to the crowd better than any 25 year old I've ever seen. He still has room to improve in-ring, but expect a big dose of Mr. Starr here at Uprising.

Over-shadowed throughout his indie career by his partner Roger Cage, Sammy Smoke has really surprised many wrestling fans. While his partner is still toiling in the indies, Smoke has provided the perfect midcard heel for us. He's slick and slimy, the perfect combination for his conman gimmick. He doesn't have the upside of Jimmy or Bret, but he's definitely a very solid hand to have here at Uprising.

Marshall Dillon is a bit of a throwback. The large Texan brawler is perfect for old-school fans, as his simple to cheer for babyface cowboy character is easy to follow. He's got quite a bit of potential, and while he was never the indie stud that the aforementioned 4 guys, or Steven Parker were, he's definitely an entertaining and important act for Uprising in the near future.
Major Players

Speaking of Steven Parker, the biggest name in the indies for around 5 years has definitely made a name for himself in SWF. Smarks love the kid, he brings the whole package when it comes to professional wrestling. In addition, he was trained by two of the most respected legends in pro wrestling: Rip Chord and Dark Angel.

Monty Trescarde is one of the best feel good stories in pro wrestling. He turned his struggling Wall Street career into a pro wrestling act, bringing that devious investor persona into the squared circle. We've written him to be aligned with Kristen Pearce and Avalanche, and he figures to be one of our most hated heels.

There's nothing more that my dad likes than a big, bad heavyweight. Bear Bekowski should give him his fix. The guy is massive, and quite agile to boot. He's still pretty green, so one of Uprising's main objectives is to help develop him into a talent suitable for the upper cards.

When RIPW first signed Kentucky Bill, I'll be honest, I didn't think he could cut it. Fast forward, and Oliver Kobb is a sympathetic, patriotic babyface who gets beat-up and gets super over from it. It caters to the lowest denominator of Americans, but it's effective. He's definitely going to help when it comes to dragging heel heat out of our youngsters.

Despite the dumb pun, Justin Sensitive is a pretty serious talent. He's been mostly used as a jobber on the main roster, but I think cruiserweights are something we've been lacking in for a while. Cocky heels are the oldest heat trick in the book, but Justin is pretty good at it.
Top Call-Ups
There weren't enough stars on the main roster for me to fully build around. Thankfully both Professor Nero and Mean Jean Cattley did a fantastic job developing the youngsters we had stashed away at RIPW. Most of these guys haven't been on SWF programming, so Uprising is a pretty good opportunity in showcasing them in a low pressure environment and allowing them to make mistakes without being crucified for them.

This guy literally has the gimmick of the personification of SWF. Spencer Spade has been one of the most hyped prospects down in RIPW. He's a fantastic talker, he's a fantastic wrestler. Uprising seems like a fantastic place to introduce such a blue-chipper. Unlike most youngsters with his level of talent, Spade hasn't been over-exposed in the indies, so this will be the first time the wrestling world has seen "The Supreme Star".

One of the most legendary legacy characters from the territory days was the Masked Patriot. This incarnation is a pretty promising youngster. Like I said about Kobb, rednecks love these patriotic characters, and any foreigner that beats up these two really riles up the racism bones of red-blooded America. Patriot seems to project as a more important player for the future of SWF than Kobb, though.

Ekuma looks every bit like a star. The former bodybuilder looks like a Polynesian Hercules. I started to pair Ekuma with High Flyin' Hawaiian given both of their Hawaiian heritages, and the two seem like promising pair. Still, as soon as my dad sees this kid, he's going to strap a jetpack to this kid.

Lassanna Makutsi is one of SWF's brightest young talents...for the longest time. He's really languished in RIPW for way too long. He's nearing 30, so hopefully, I can get him up to the main roster as quickly as I can. Still, there are a few things he needs to improve before he can really justify a push, so we're in a delicate position, trying not to waste his potential while also not overpushing him.

Oh boy. If there's anyone on Uprising who is going to be a mega-star, it's Primus Allen. I hate how the word potential is thrown around to describe young wrestlers, but this guy is all about it. He's got the look, he's got the athleticism, he's got the charisma. This guy is a combination of Remo and Jack Bruce, that's how highly I think of him.
RIPW Residents
I call these guys residents because they're between RIPW and Uprising. I'll be sending them back and forth developmental, but I think these three are ready to work on TV in some capacity.

High Flyin' Hawaiian is one of the more exciting projects down at RIPW. He takes major care of himself (he won't shut up about his lack of body-fat) and he's pretty talented at wrestling for someone so young. Like I mentioned before, I'm pairing him up with Ekuma. High Flyin' Hawaiian is well, high-flying, and will make a fantastic compliment with Ekuma.

The Angeleno youngster Lenny Brown is a bit of an unknown. From what Cattley tells me, he's still super green, so it's hard to gauge his ceiling. Still, there's a lot to like about this kid. He has an awesome finisher, and his movie-star persona projects to be good signs for his future.

The super heavyweight Avalanche is your typical massive giant: he's a plodding, scary monster for a babyface to slay. I know smarks hate these type of wrestlers, but he's a great plot device for Monty Trescarde and if he works hard enough, I'm sure my dad will make Jerry push him. I mean, Everest still has a job here.
Free Agents
Keeping it in house isn't always the best solution. The indies have some really, really bright talents. CZCW, FCW, and PSW has some pretty bright talents, so I offered some of them a job. Peter typically saw non-Japanese, non-giant talents as pointless vanilla midgets, but he never understood smarks.

The man formerly known as Frankie Perez, Killswitch is one of the biggest free agents in the independent scene. His brutal kicks and stiff strikes are something SWF has desperately been missing. He's formerly Mikey Lau's tag-team partner, so time will tell if there's a demand for a California Dragon reunion.

Nelson Callum from Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling is formerly Krissy Angelle's client in the indies. He's a pretty boy, but looks can be deceiving; he's a physical, stiff worker. He's a dynamic athlete, and the smarky Uprising fans of Silicon Valley are going to eat him up.

The "Marksman" Kirk Jameson is another pretty boy indie star. Unlike Callum, he's more of a technician, dragging his opponents into pain holds. His paramilitary gimmick from the indies seems a farcry from the typical pretty boy profile. Kirk has a certain superstar aura about him. He's a bit older than I'd wish for, but he'll definitely be a major player in the near future for Uprising.

Possibly the most accomplished CZCW wrestler in the company's history, Fox Mask is already a big deal here on the west coast. He's a veteran so his chances for the main event are slim to none, but he can be the foundation Uprising stands on. With Lobster Warrior repackaged as The Crippler, Fox Mask can be the next big thing for our younger fans.

Jason O'Connor is a well-respected journeyman. He's paid his dues, and worked years at North of the Border Pro Wrestling. Like Fox Mask, O'Connor isn't on anyone's list to become the next big thing for SWF. Still, I can see himself carving a niche here at Uprising.
Broadcast Team
My brother, being the shining example of the Eisen name, refused to be a part of Uprising. Shame, didn't plan on having him on my show anyways. I wanted to give the brand a distinct and exciting voice, different from Duane Fry and Emma Chase.

The legendary voice of DaVE, Mitch Naess is one of the most recognizable commentators in professional wrestling. His ability to hype a big fight is really unparalleled, maybe only matched by Peter Michaels. Besides being the new voice of Uprising, Naess owns PSW.

Retired wrestler Ernie Turner is one of the most sought after color commentators in the indies. He's a big hit with smarks, as he has a sarcastic, caustic sense of humor.
Refs
Don't have that much to talk about for referees. Francis Long is one of the most respected referees in Canada. Pee-Wee Germaine is the inheritor of one of the biggest oil fortunes out there, but he's a good enough kid and promising referee.
Managers
Managers are bit of a lost art. Old heads say that these characters are now just pretty girls that stand ringside. It's hard to disagree, I mean Hannah, BJ and Krissy are pretty damning evidence. Still, I hope fans will see that while hot, these girls can really bring the wrestlers they are managing to another level.

Kristen Pearce is the little sister of Jesse. She's nothing like her sister: Jesse is your textbook girl-next-door while Kristen is a brash, strong female. She projects to be a part of our storylines, as she plays Trescarde's executive assistant.

In rap music, video vixens are these pretty girls that do nothing but look good. For Emmy, that's become a gimmick. We're using her presence to reinforce Lenny Brown's star persona.
Road Agents
Good road agents are the backbone of any successful wrestling program. For younger talents, it's imperative to have some good backstage hands to help organize matches. Thankfully, I believe I have two of the best in the world.

Mean Jean Cattley is SWF's best talent developer and evaluator. He runs our programming down in Rhode Island Pro Wrestling, SWF's feeder league. Rip Chord entrusted him to turn MAW into one of the greatest pipelines for churning out young wrestlers.

Sometimes, you need your talent to know their place. That's where R.K. Hayes comes in. Nobody dispects R.K. During his heyday, he'd stiff the crap out of you. Today, he'll still pin you to a wall until you get the message. Good guy to have on my side, for sure. Oh, and also, he really knows how to map out a good match.
Authority Figure
I want you guys to give a big welcome back to Sam Keith. For years, he was my dad's right hand man. More than that, he's arguably the greatest in-ring wrestler to ever walk through that (figurative) door. He's Uprising's new Commissioner, a guy appointed in storylines to maintain control of the product. Honestly, it's just good to have Sam back. He took over MAW from Rip recently, so he's a pretty busy man. Still, I can tell, he's really glad to be back home at SWF.

Author's Note
First off, Iíd like to thank you for reading. Itís been a busy past year, with a cocktail of college and work. The thing is, through that time, Iíve continuously been itching to book a TEW show and write about it. Itís just been about a lack of time. Many times, I'll get on here, just to get frustrated and log off.

To me, Eric Eisen is a polarizing character. Heís loud, brash and an obvious benefactor from nepotism. But Iíve found him as one of the fastest learners in the game and someone who really respects the business, even if he has to force himself into it. He's misunderstood. I can see a bit of myself in him.

I want to turn Uprising into an NXT-like entity, using it as a springboard for fresh-faces and indie stars to the major leagues. There's been quite a few SWF diaries out there, so I hope this will be a bit of fresh air, while maintaining the rich lore of the company the C-Verse has provided for us.

Thereís been a lot of stop and start when it comes to writing these diaries. The commitment isnít just with playing the game, but also with writing narratives, editing for errors and creating graphics. To really make the characters come off the page each show takes hours, if not days. Iíve always been jealous of writers like E-V who make it seem so effortless, despite booking such overwhelming companies such as SWF.

Because of the heavy load that comes with writing a show, I wonít be writing up the SupremeTV shows. Instead, Iíll be booking exclusively Uprising shows. After all, itís Eric Eisenís story, not his brotherís. Iíll be running each SupremeTV show under autobooker, only editing to make sure in-game storylines are advanced.

I will be posting the recaps of each SWF that has transpired since the last Uprising underneath the upcoming card. There will be prizes for monthly prediction winners.

Anyways, I really hope you all stick around and read this thing. I appreciate all feedback good and bad, and any sort of participation is valued. Iím not sure if other writers feel the same, but itís awesome to see whenever someone comments on my diaries.
With love,
-Poet
Unread 03-07-2018, 02:42 AM
Minor League

Default Predictions + Recap #1

Uprising Match Card (W2 January 2016)
(Bold your predictions)
Jimmy Hernandez vs. Hollywood Bret Starr
Notes:

Ekuma vs. Monty Trescarde
Notes:

The Coastal Kings (Fox Mask & Killswitch) vs. The Golden Boys (Nelson Callum & Kirk Jameson)
Notes:

Comments:
Quick Recap: SupremeTV (W1 January 2016)
Angry Gilmore def. The Crippler
Grade: B
Brandon James def. High Flyin' Hawaiian
Grade: C+
Joe Sexy def. Spencer Spade
Kurt Laramee def. Robbie Retro
Grade: C
Hero Squad def. The Awesomeness
Grade: B-
Show Rating: B
Quick Recap: SupremeTV (W2 January 2016)
Jack Bruce def. Rogue
Jefferson Stardust def. High Flyin' Hawaiian
Grade: C-
Eric Eisen def. Masked Patriot
Joey Morgan def. Justin Sensitive (North American Championship match)
Valiant def. Big Smack Scott
Show Rating: B
Quick Recap: When Hell Freezes Over (W2 January 2016)
Remo def. Angry Gilmore (SWF World Heavyweight Championship match)
Grade: A
Jack Bruce def. Brandon James
Joe Sexy def. Joey Morgan and Paul Huntington (Triple Threat)
Jimmy Hernandez def. Jefferson Stardust
Squeeky McClean def. Randy Bumfhole
Grade: C
Platinum Blondes def. Hero Squad
The Crippler def. Robbie Retro and Brett Biggins (Triple Threat)
Valiant def. Big Smack Scott
Hollywood Bret Starr def. American Machine
Huey Cannonball def. Zimmy Bumfhole
Show Rating: A
Unread 03-07-2018, 04:44 AM
Hall of Fame

Notes:

Notes:

The Coastal Kings (Fox Mask & Killswitch)
vs. The Golden Boys (Nelson Callum & Kirk Jameson)
Notes:

Comments:
Unread 03-07-2018, 06:00 AM
Super Star

Don't typically care for C-Verse diaries sbut I'm intrigued by NXT in SWF.

The Coastal Kings (Fox Mask & Killswitch) vs. The Golden Boys (Nelson Callum & Kirk Jameson)
Unread 03-07-2018, 09:07 AM
Major League

Notes: Starr has the pedigree and the better future. Get him started now.

Notes: you seem to have big plans for him and thatís my render so of course Iím gonna support him haha

Notes: The Coastal Kings will go far but the SWF universe isnít ready for them just yet

Comments: so in! I actually had a similar idea for a diary awhile back, I brought Faith out of retirement to help Eric run it as the on screen authority figure and head booker. I like what I see so far though!
Unread 03-07-2018, 11:02 AM
Minor League

Notes:

Notes:

Notes:

Comments:
Unread 03-08-2018, 01:39 AM
Super Star

Notes:

Notes: Well what can I say except you're welcome (for this ass whuppin')

Notes:

Comments: Eric's really created a dream team of sorts with the cast and crew of Uprising, maybe the bad apple of the Eisen family didn't fall too far from the tree.
Unread 03-08-2018, 06:49 AM
Rookie

Notes:

Notes:

Notes:

Comments: Looking forward to seeing this one. I'm not too big on SWF diaries, but this one is just different enough to get my interest. It'll certainly be an entertaining read.
Unread 06-28-2018, 01:05 AM
Rookie

What happened to this?
Unread 06-28-2018, 07:44 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazemore View Post
What happened to this?
Had some serious personal stuff happen a few days into writing this diary. Itís been an uphill climb the past few years in finishing these diaries. I still have the first 2 or so shows written up, so if thereís still interest I would definitely be open to continuing. I most likely would have to start a new save though, because I lost my old TEW files.
Unread 06-28-2018, 11:23 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet Justice View Post
Had some serious personal stuff happen a few days into writing this diary. Itís been an uphill climb the past few years in finishing these diaries. I still have the first 2 or so shows written up, so if thereís still interest I would definitely be open to continuing. I most likely would have to start a new save though, because I lost my old TEW files.
Start writing and continue. The save does not matter if it's new or old. The diary matters the most. Good Luck.
Unread 06-29-2018, 12:07 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet Justice View Post
please continue, it looks great!
Unread 06-29-2018, 12:09 PM
Major League

Def. was a great start Poet. I think you're one of the most creative and underrated writers on the boards. I just want to see you ride something out a bit!