Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Grey Dog Software Think Tank > Mafia games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Hall of Fame

elect: DWW of all the candidates, he has tried to kill me the least.
Unread 02-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Super Star

It is now D1 and you have until 7:30pm on Thursday, February 3rd to elect your officials.

praguepride: 1 (praguepride)
d_w_w: 2 (moon_lit_tears, Dragonmack)
Paws7297: 1 (Ranson)
Unread 02-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonmack View Post
*Gasp!* I is offended ... I've never tried to kill you. Have I? I don't believe I have. Darn you old age! lol
Unread 02-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdgoldeneye View Post
It says up top that they get SUPER SECRET THINGS OF SORTS that they can't share.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBomb View Post
Extra abilities and stuff, I suppose.

Personally, I want to know why we should elect them. I don't want to give the Serial Bomber extra power.

Yes, I did my homework.
I do want to know that, as well... Campaign speeches, anyone?
Unread 02-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Phenom

Elect: Jman2k3
Unread 02-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Super Star

It is now D1 and you have until 7:30pm on Thursday, February 3rd to elect your officials.

Jman2k3: 1 (Jman2k3)
Unread 02-01-2011, 11:55 PM
Living Legend

Elect: Destiny

That is all...
Unread 02-02-2011, 12:11 AM
Living Legend

Oh and I am going to do each and everyone of you a favor. I have read through the thread and I have figured out that seven to eight of the following people are Scum:

01. praguepride
02. moon_lit_tears
04. mjdgoldeneye
05. SmartBomb
06. Comradebot
07. Jman2k3
08. GruntMark
09. Tha Black Phenom
10. d_w_w
11. MichiganHero
12. Destiny
13. eayragt
14. Dragonmack
15. Jaded
16. Paws7297
17. TheKenwyne
18. Undertaker666
19. michgcs
20. Prophet
21. djthefunkchris
22. Wallbanger
23. Ranson
24. masterded
25. cappyboy

You can thank me later for this information.
Unread 02-02-2011, 12:16 AM
Living Legend

Sorry for the triple post but this is a legit post. IER, what happens if there is a tie in the election votes at the end of the election phase? Meaning what if there is a five way tie for votes.
Unread 02-02-2011, 12:25 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHK1978 View Post
Sorry for the triple post but this is a legit post. IER, what happens if there is a tie in the election votes at the end of the election phase? Meaning what if there is a five way tie for votes.
First 3 nominated will be the 3 to get in.
Unread 02-02-2011, 12:26 AM
Super Star

Jman2k3: 1 (Jman2k3)
Destiny: 1 (BHK1978)
Unread 02-02-2011, 01:31 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_lit_tears View Post
Elect D_Dubs.

There we go. That's who I think I will stick with for a bit.
Aww

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonmack View Post
I can confirm that I have made exactly 0 attempts on DMack's life. Except for that time when I voted on him when we were scum together (Hollywood Horror 2, I believe).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBomb View Post
Personally, I want to know why we should elect them. I don't want to give the Serial Bomber extra power.

Yes, I did my homework.
This is a good question. And I sincerely hope that folks consider this question when they think about the election process.

I am definitely open to being on the Council. I am not going to push this issue, as I'm not really sure that my role makes the most sense on the Council. Of course, this is impossible to say, given that we don't know and (given the rules) likely won't know the details associated with being a Council Member.

In some sense, I'm willing to stand aside and let the folks that are really interested in being on the council argue it out, as certain people might have really sensible pro-town reasons for wanting council positions. Of course, those clamoring for the positions loudly might also have really sensible anti-town reasons for wanting to be on the council as well.

Given that, my primary concern is that we make an honest effort at electing Dayordra Aligned people to the Council. To that degree, I expect some degree of transparency from those that would be elected to office. And if folks really are interested in electing me to the council, I'd be more than willing to give a character claim and would be open to discussing my role in general (but not specific) terms.

If you want my vote to be on the Council, I want you to convince me that you have Dayordra interests at heart. I'm not sure exactly how you should do that. You need to figure that out for yourself.

The point is: I'm not going to just toss my vote out on a whim. If you want it, convince me.
Unread 02-02-2011, 02:59 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by praguepride View Post
Guys, trust me on this. I'm taking a bit of a depature on this role, instead of hiding in the shadows I'll come out D1 and claim a big PR so I can get elected.

I'm hoping election will provide protection and we will nail scum left right, up and down.

Elect: praguepride

Follow me to victory, lads and lasses, men and women. Mighty citizens of The Noble!
Quote:
Originally Posted by praguepride View Post
FIgures...yeah, and before it didn't work out because I wasn't what I said I was.

Trust me on this one and it will pay off dividends.
Don't trust me and I'll be dead N1.

As long as I've got eyes on me when I die, I FIgure I'll have done my job. Which is outing scum, thanks to my super awesome, often called super-broken abilities because it they can't be stopped or misled or altered.

I put scum on the clock, and it's a beautiful position to be in.

Elect me, trust me, and we break the game.
It's a good theory - if this gains you abilites. If this changes your so called super broken abilities then you might actually be nullifying yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i effin rule View Post
The three “officials” will be notified privately with specific information pertaining to their position. This information is never to be openly shared with the public. Failure to follow this rule will result in a modkill.
Nothing in there says you're going to gain anything. It's a dangerous assumption, and I think being elected will make people more of a target, and therefore more likely to die. If you role is as good as you say it is, I don't want this to happen. I think we'd be better off electing someone who is less likely to be able to affect the game majorly in their current state. With re-elections happening at the same time as lynches I think if we have to re-elect it'll increase the chances of us taking our eyes of the lynch, and missing a lynch. Therefore electee deaths are baaaaad for the town - in which case I don't think we should make it even worse by losing a power role. Therefore we need someone who will, without seeming harsh, be less missed. I'm not going to base this on the skill of the player, I'll base this purely on ability. I would be a good candidate following this logic, but I'm not going to vote for myself. So instead readnig the posts I've found:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws7297 View Post
Also, I'd like to put myself out there to be one of the three... My role doesn't really have anything to it.. Risks and extras coming with the role of one of the officials would be fun.
So, Elect: Paws7297

That's not a final vote that will never be changed, as it's more important that we have people we're convinced are Daytona elected. Obviously no-one has proved themselves yet (being early day one and all), so this would be my current route instead.
Unread 02-02-2011, 03:51 AM

I was born poor, and I got the street smarts to make it work. Who better to understand the lower people? You shan't go wrong with this, up to you to seize the day.

Elect: Tha Black Phenom
Unread 02-02-2011, 04:22 AM

SmartBomb's observations of the past twelve hours:

• Everyone who votes for themselves are scum, mainly because our candidates will not be 5 votes on one, 4 on another and 3 on the last. Most likely, it will be a 10-1-1 or something similar. What I'm trying to say here is that voting for yourself will give you a much higher chance - in fact, a very realistic chance - of being elected, and that, to me, is scummy.
  • So far, one candidate has shared information about themselves, which is where I'm leaning to.
  • To everyone that is saying that "X should be nominated because they make good decisions," I would like to remind you that this is not traditional Kingmaker. The officials do not decide lynches. Therefore, officials do not need any thought process at all, except to use their abilities wisely - and I trust everyone here that they can do that. In short, dont investigate yourself.

The people, of course, that will misuse their powers to the towns detriment are scum. So a poster would be:
    WANTED: OFFICIALS

Requirements: Must not be a douchebag
    Must not be scum

I believe that Paws will be elected, so anyone want to give info?