Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-15-2019, 08:10 PM
Super Star

Hate to ask this...but are any of you guys actually getting to watch Clash Of Champions? Maybe it's just me... but WWE Network hasn't been hitting on a lick since they upgraded it. The old stuff works well enough, which, to be fair, is what I watch more than anything else, but anything live.... just dead on arrival from the opening bell.

I've already taken to just watching 205 Live, NXT Original Recipe, and NXT Extra Crispy later in the week, and that works out well enough, but tonight was pay per view Sunday.

So far tonight, starting with the pre-show...

It's just been a mess. Seems like I might get anywhere between 90 seconds and 5 minutes worth of mildly pixilated action, before the Network encounters a problem and needs to close. I bring it back up, but I only get more of the same.

Talked with Customer Service back when this first became an issue, and did as they suggested, (uninstalled the App and then re-installed it), didn't seem to help. Talking to them tonight seemed to indicate I wasn't the only one having this problem, and that all these problems would go away as soon at they were able to work all the bugs out of their system.

Just curious if I'm the only one having this problem, is all.

Unread 09-16-2019, 10:32 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdWarrior View Post
Hate to ask this...but are any of you guys actually getting to watch Clash Of Champions? Maybe it's just me... but WWE Network hasn't been hitting on a lick since they upgraded it. The old stuff works well enough, which, to be fair, is what I watch more than anything else, but anything live.... just dead on arrival from the opening bell.

I've already taken to just watching 205 Live, NXT Original Recipe, and NXT Extra Crispy later in the week, and that works out well enough, but tonight was pay per view Sunday.

It's just been a mess. Seems like I might get anywhere between 90 seconds and 5 minutes worth of mildly pixilated action, before the Network encounters a problem and needs to close. I bring it back up, but I only get more of the same.

Talked with Customer Service back when this first became an issue, and did as they suggested, (uninstalled the App and then re-installed it), didn't seem to help. Talking to them tonight seemed to indicate I wasn't the only one having this problem, and that all these problems would go away as soon at they were able to work all the bugs out of their system.

Nope. After the upgrade and all the issues with shows dropping out (live and the old shows) I cancelled my subscription. Not paying money for a sub-par service.
Unread 09-16-2019, 05:32 PM
Rookie

Average show. Nothing bad but nothing too great either. Sasha/Becky was MOTN. Roman/Rowan and Strowman/Rollins were fun.

Spoiler: Harper returns! The Fiend vs Rollins in HIAC!
Unread 09-16-2019, 08:50 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdWarrior View Post

Won't show on my Roku (though it will stream everything else, and other apps have no issue). Works fine on my phone. Thankfully I never have people over to watch.
Unread 09-16-2019, 08:52 PM
Super Star

I get that The Fiend itself is a cool character...but it's Bray Wyatt with a fresh coat of paint. Same moves, and you add the Mandible Claw. Very meh to me.
Unread 09-17-2019, 12:13 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CQI13 View Post
I get that The Fiend itself is a cool character...but it's Bray Wyatt with a fresh coat of paint. Same moves, and you add the Mandible Claw. Very meh to me.
I just hope they keep him away from the old Wyatt Family, unless he's targeting them. He's better on his own right now.

It would also be cool if he wrestled on TV as his Mr Rodger's babyface persona to present him as conflicted but the boat might have sailed on that one. I always thought they dropped the ball not running a Cody/Stardust storyline where his 2 personalities were struggling for domination of his mind and he wrestled as both.
Unread 09-17-2019, 07:02 AM
Rookie

Most fun Raw of the year. KOTR final was great, Women's tag was good and every Fiend segment was awesome. The announcers were given more leeway than usual as well.
Unread 09-17-2019, 09:40 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamber View Post
Most fun Raw of the year. KOTR final was great, Women's tag was good and every Fiend segment was awesome. The announcers were given more leeway than usual as well.
If the dirt sheets are to be believed, Heyman was on his own. No Vince or Dunn.
Unread 09-18-2019, 08:41 PM
Living Legend

Corbin vs Gable was better than anything on Clash of Champions
Unread 09-19-2019, 09:11 AM
Rookie

NXT was great!

Unread 09-19-2019, 07:24 PM
Rookie

NXT did 1.179 million on USA. They must be happy with that. I can't see AEW beating that in the short term but long term they might because NXT isn't exclusively live.
Unread 09-19-2019, 07:32 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamber View Post
NXT did 1.179 million on USA. They must be happy with that. I can't see AEW beating that in the short term but long term they might because NXT isn't exclusively live.
Important to keep in mind, this is debut, with no competition. So let's not get carried away. Looking at the trendlines on ticket sales, buzz and exposure, I think AEW does this exact number pretty much and I expect NXT to slide back as live viewers chose the option they can't get on the network the next day. But we'll see. Until we see a few months of hard data we don't know very much.
Unread 09-19-2019, 09:53 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhai View Post
Important to keep in mind, this is debut, with no competition. So let's not get carried away. Looking at the trendlines on ticket sales, buzz and exposure, I think AEW does this exact number pretty much and I expect NXT to slide back as live viewers chose the option they can't get on the network the next day. But we'll see. Until we see a few months of hard data we don't know very much.
I'm expecting about 1 million for the AEW debut but I'd love if it did more. Viewer retention will be critical for both. NXT has the benefit of being under the WWE umbrella while AEW are still establishing themselves. Does anyone know the average viewers for USA and TNT?
Unread 09-21-2019, 10:36 AM
Living Legend

Before this weeks NXT I had never seen Artua Ruas. Im officially a fan
Unread 09-21-2019, 06:22 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
Before this week’s NXT I had never seen Artua Ruas. I’m officially a fan
He's spent the entire year doing EVOLVE shows where he's been getting good reviews. Like many transtioning from MMA and Amateur Wrestling he has the technique just needs to work on his transtions and intangibles. He represented Brazil in wrestling at the 2004 Athens Games and was a silver medalist in wrestling at the 2003 Pan American Games. 8-3 record in MMA. He is 37 with only 4 year's experience so time isn't on his side to make a splash.