Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Grey Dog Software Think Tank > Mafia games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Super Star

Default Enemies of the Noble: Rise of the Apostasy [Game Thread]

THE OFFICIAL RULES (Read or Die!)

HOW TO PLAY:

ROLES: Every player has been given a role, each with it’s own abilities (or lack thereof). Your role PM will explain what it does if you are meant to know. You do not need to reveal your role to other players nor will we do so in the in-game write ups. Of course, you can choose to reveal information about your role if you wish to if you feel it would help you to reach your win condition. Jut remember that any information you reveal can also be used against you, so claiming is entirely at your own risk. If you want to use your ability, PM the mods of the game (i effin rule ; Imarevenant). You may not post any part of your role PM (or anyone else's role PM you can see) in the game thread except the bit that states “Example Man, Dayordra Aligned Example” or something similar.

PHASES: The game is split into two phases, Day and Night. The game begins during the day phase with all players (Town and Mafia alike) posting in the thread deciding who to lynch. Lynching is the town’s main way of eliminating mafia, so be sure to examine everything that your fellow players say in order to find inconsistencies, lies, dodgy voting patterns and anything else that could incriminate people. There may also be clues in the end of phase write ups, but relying on those is not advised as they may be veiled, misleading or otherwise unreliable. Day phases last approximately 48 hours or until a consensus is reached on who to lynch. Night phases last approximately 24 hours but may end earlier if all night activities are completed. If you have an optional ability and choose not to use it, please inform the mods via PM so that they know not to wait on your ability.

VOTING: All voting and game related discussion is to occur within the game thread. Town players may discuss who they think are Mafia, and Mafia members should be trying to avoid being lynched by bluffing and blending in and generally trying to not get lynched. To vote on anyone, post VOTE: Username (MUST BE IN BOLD!) or to vote for a No Lynch to happen then use VOTE: No Lynch and to vote for no-one you can use VOTE: No Vote. I’ll count any votes that follow that format, though for the ease of everyone playing it would be appreciated that if you change your vote that you use CHANGE VOTE: Username. I won’t count any unbolded votes, anything inside a quote, UNVOTE, or anything where I’m not sure who you are voting on. So as long as the name of the player is clear and the vote is bolded, your vote will count.

DAY PHASES: A Day Phase is over whenever a person obtains votes from more than 50% of the total number of players remaining, at which point they are lynched. It can also end if the time expires before a lynch is reached, at which point a No Lynch will be declared. There are abilities out there that can change votes such as vote manipulators, multi voters and no-voters so vote counts may not always be as they seem. When a person dies their role title will be revealed for all to see in the end of day write up.

NIGHT PHASES: Night Phases begin after a day phase has ended. During this time most abilities will be sent in to the mods (i effin rule ; Imarevenant), with the Mafia usually sending in their kills while the town send in names of people they want to use their abilities on, such as investigate or protect. The night phase will end once all abilities have been sent in or when the time limit expires, at which point the mods will do a write up of the night’s activities. The write up will reveal what players have been killed any some other events that happen depending on what the mods consider important enough to be in the write ups. Whenever possible, try to get PMs into the mods as soon as possible after the start of the night phase in order to keep the game moving along at a quick pace.

Once night has ended, a new day begins and the cycle repeats itself until win conditions have been reached. The Town generally wins when there are no threats left to them; the Mafia generally wins when their numbers are equal to or greater than the remaining non-Mafia players. Remember, this is a team effort so if you think sacrificing someone may help your cause then go ahead.

GENERAL MAFIA GAME RULES:

No players are allowed to edit their posts EVER!. Whether it be to correct a typo or to remove some accidentally incriminating things someone has said, no editing of posts is allowed. While mods may choose to be lenient, the standard penalty for anyone caught editing a post is a mod kill.

All players should play to their role/alignment and play to win. While there are likely to be times that you have to do things against your best interest, any players who deliberately go against their win conditions risk being banned from future games for failing to play to their role and going against the spirit of the game.

Here is a brief example role PM of a townie role.

Players are only allowed to post their role title from their role PM, that is the bit that says you are “Example Man, Dayordra Aligned Example” or something similar. You can paraphrase things that the rest of your PM says but you are not allowed to directly quote anything else other than the role title from your PM, which is also the only thing players will see when you are dead. If the mods catch you posting anything that closely resembles what your role PM says then it will be grounds for a mod kill. You have been warned!

In game “role bets” such as “I will never play again if…” is strictly prohibited. If you do this then you will at minimum be replaced as soon as possible, with a maximum penalty of a mod kill. It may also lead to a ban from future games; mods don’t want players who will bet on things outside their games in order to try and prove something in a game so just don’t do it.

Though we can’t force you to post, all mods love to see active participants in their games. We advise everyone to check in at least once a day, as games can move pretty fast and it can be easy to fall behind if you are not on regularly.

Though this may also be a mafia game and we just said we want you to post, try not to postwhore in the thread too much. Where possible try to keep things relevant to the game that is being played and try not to let arguments get out of hand. This game stirs up some passionate arguments and we understand that this will happen, but if anything turns into a personal attack or veers wildly off topic then it ruins the fun for everyone. Be considerate and play nice.

Unless your role PM specifically states otherwise, no players are allowed to talk about their role, game plan, alignment, win condition or basically anything game related outside of the game thread. While mods can’t easily enforce this rule, any communication about the game outside of the game thread goes against the spirit of mafia games and spoils the game. Anyone caught doing this WILL be mod-killed. This is your only warning!

Once you are dead, you stay dead. You will not be allowed to participate in the game thread or continue to talk to people outside the thread that you could talk to before. So if you are a Mafia player who dies, you are NOT allowed to continue talking about the game to your Mafia team mates. No dead players will receive any extra information from the mods (i effin rule ; Imarevenant) when they die either. If you are dead, try not to post anything in the game thread as anything you say could be an unnecessary distraction to those still playing, though a quick post going “Oooooooo I’m a ghost!!” is generally okay, no-one is allowed to leave cryptic messages from the dead, notes on their corpses or anything like that. If you are dead, your contribution to the game is over barring the night spaghetti.

Talking to other dead players is also frowned upon, as many games have been known to feature a revive type ability or need to have players replaced. Talking to other players outside the game means that these abilities can’t be used properly and that you can’t be used as a replacement, which can still have an impact on the game in play. So for the sake of the other players, don’t do it!

When it comes to mafia games, nothing is ever as it seems. There can be things about your role that you don’t know about, other people can bluff about their abilities, people can lie, events can happen and write ups can be read in many different ways. If you have any questions about what is happening then you can get in contact with the mods (i effin rule ; Imarevenant) via PM, and if we can clarify anything for you then we will do what we can. But there are many reasons why we might not be able to, and in any such eventuality you will get a post simply stating the following ->

With all this in mind, this is meant to be a fun game and it should be an enjoyable experience for all.

GAME SPECIFIC RULES:

This game has a modified “Kingmaker” setup. The first day phase of the game will be the initial election process. Unlike other games where you elect one official, in this one you’ll elect three. At the end of election phase the three people with the most votes will be elected in. Voting for an official will have the following format: Elect: Player Name and to change a vote Change Elect: Player Name

The three “officials” will be notified privately with specific information pertaining to their position. This information is never to be openly shared with the public. Failure to follow this rule will result in a modkill.

Re-Election will take place if one of the following happens:

* One member of the council is killed or lynched.
* The town decides to force a re-election.

If a member of the council is killed a re-election is forced. During this scenario you will be able to vote for a lynch and an official, so the town doesn’t lose a day phase. Be sure to follow the official formatting so that the mods know which action you are choosing. At the end of the phase (or once a lynch has been achieved) the three players with the most Election votes will become the new officials.

The town can force a re-election by having a majority vote at the end of the day phase. To do this you must use the following format: Vote: ELECT – Player Name. The three players at the end of the phase with the most votes (and a majority voting to elect) will be the new officials. This option will result in a No Lynch for the day.
Unread 02-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Super Star

Survivors (1):
07. Jman2k3: Diomedes, The Apostasy Aligned Genius

Graveyard (24):
02. moon_lit_tears: Koios, The Apostasy Aligned Interrogator
08. GruntMark: Priam, Noble Aligned Miraculous Prodigy
15. Jaded: Phobos, The Apostasy Aligned Sharp Shooter
16. Paws7297: Bacchus, The Apostasy Aligned Chameleon
06. Comradebot: Llur Digth, Brotherhood Aligned Father
04. mjdgoldeneye: Dodsrod Llesing, Dayordra Aligned Militant
22. Wallbanger: Menelaus, The Apostasy Aligned Master of Intimidation
14. Dragonmack: Rhahmund Lontund, Dayordra Aligned Prankster
05. SmartBomb: Richlough Thurtlye, Dayordra Aligned Menace
10. d_w_w: Syks Trychn, Dayordra Aligned Mirizack Dealer
21. djthefunkchris: Tash Strychkgar, Dayordra Aligned Drug Addled Mirizack Dealer
24. masterded: Eunomia, Noble Aligned Mimic
12. Destiny: Futhim Lol, Dayordra Aligned Medical Expert
09. Tha Black Phenom: Retald Cughina, Dayordra Aligned Nosy Garbage Man
11. MichiganHero: Keldyn Mudn, Dayordra Aligned Expert Hacker
13. eayragt: Droswad Clugh, Dayordra Aligned Security For Hire
17. TheKenwyne/ShadowedFlames: Agaue, The Apostasy Aligned Forecaster
23. Ranson: Mickll Smapmor, Dayordra Aligned Cherished Elder
18. Undertaker666/gonvick: Huss Saphz, Dayordra Aligned Lady of the Night
25. cappyboy: Patroclus, Noble Aligned Well Respected Veteran
19. michgcs: Jett Cheldr, Dayordra Aligned Shunned Legacy
01. praguepride: Vas Slotnard, Dayordra Aligned Keeper of the Dead
20. Prophet: Dal Schodd, Dayordra Aligned Former Government Official
03. BHK1978: Lilith, The Brotherhood Aligned First Born

Events:
D1: Election of GruntMark, d_w_w, and Paws7297
N1: No Deaths
D2: Lynch of moon_lit_tears
N2: Death of GruntMark and Jaded
D3: Lynch of Paws7297 / Election of d_w_w, Destiny, and Dragonmack
N3: No Deaths
MD4: Death of Comradebot and mjdgoldeneye
D4: Lynch of Wallbanger and Ranson taken away.
N4: Death of Dragonmack
D5: No Lynch / Election of Prophet, eayragt, and Tha Black Phenom
N5: Death of SmartBomb and d_w_w
D6: Lynch of djthefunkchris and Ranson taken away.
N6: Death of masterded and Destiny
D7: No Lynch
N7: Death of Tha Black Phenom, eayragt, and MichiganHero
D8: Lynch of ShadowedFlames / Election of gonvick, Jman2k3, Prophet
N8: Death of Ranson
N9: Death of gonvick and cappyboy
D10: Lynch of michgcs
N10: Death of praguepride
D11: Lynch of Prophet
N11: Death of BHK1978
IER's Award
Dayordra
The Brotherhood
The Noble
The Apostasy
Epilogue

Last edited by i effin rule : 02-28-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Unread 02-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Super Star

N0

A man is pacing around a large room. His attire is extravagant, clearly showing how important this man is. His pacing is stopped by the sound of a door opening. His attention quickly shifts to the direction of the sound. A large man enters wearing light body armor.

Man: I’ve been expecting you.

Large Man: Premier.

The man revealed as the Premier points towards a spot on the floor and the larger man begins to walk to the spot. The two stand in front of a large window, Dayordra bustling outside of it.

Premier: I’ve called you here in confidence as I have something very important to tell you. We have reason to believe that there are traitors amongst the Noble.

Large Man: Are you sure sir? It is hard for me to imagine that any of us would do anything to harm Dayordra.

Premier: I am afraid so. The reason I am telling you, my most trusted Noble, is that I want you to keep your eyes open to anything you may find suspicious.

Noble: Anything you ask my Premier. Though I must ask, what do you plan to do with these traitors?

Premier: You know as well as I that any known traitor is sentenced to death.

Noble: Understood…

A beep is heard and a light begins to flash on the earpiece of the Noble. He presses it and begins to speak.

Noble: Are you in position?

A muffled voice is heard coming through the earpiece.

Voice: Aye.

The expression on the face of the Premier suddenly changes to fright.

Premier: What is the meaning of this? What is going on?

Noble: Your reign over Dayordra has gone on long enough. No longer will we follow the rule of you or any other Premier. This begins a new era for Dayordra.

Premier: You’ll never…

The window somehow deactivates and a cool breeze flows in. You couldn’t even hear the shot until it penetrated the skull of the Premier. He immediately falls to the ground dead. The Noble walks up to the window where an escape vehicle has just arrived. Perfect timing. The Noble is long gone by the time the body of the Premier is found.

i effin rule is dead. He was Drayban Chreldr, Dayordra Aligned Beloved Premier
Unread 02-01-2011, 06:27 PM
Super Star

It is now D1 and you have until 7:30pm on Thursday, February 3rd to elect your officials.

Note: Be sure to read the rules! There are some rules specific to this game that you should know.
Unread 02-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Super Star

/goes to look for bacon
Unread 02-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbanger View Post
/goes to look for bacon
Unread 02-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Major League

Elect Bacon muffins.
Unread 02-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Phenom

Seeing as there's 3 officials in this game instead of 1 king, I would like to say that I would like to be elected.

I don't have any ulterior motives or bonuses, but I'm not in any other games and I have never been elected before... I'm better when I'm interested and I'm interested in being elected.

If other people come up with better reasons, go with them.
Unread 02-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by i effin rule View Post

Now I have bacon. And a frosted bacon bran muffin. That truly rocks.

Everything's better with bacon. Elect me!
Unread 02-01-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbanger View Post
Now I have bacon. And a frosted bacon bran muffin. That truly rocks.

Everything's better with bacon. Elect me!
Baaaaacon!!!!

Elect- Wallbanger

Can I has bacon now?
Unread 02-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Super Star

It is now D1 and you have until 7:30pm on Thursday, February 3rd to elect your officials.

Wallbanger: 1 (Paws7297)
Unread 02-01-2011, 08:38 PM

Also, I'd like to put myself out there to be one of the three... My role doesn't really have anything to it.. Risks and extras coming with the role of one of the officials would be fun.
Unread 02-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Hall of Fame

Guys, trust me on this. I'm taking a bit of a depature on this role, instead of hiding in the shadows I'll come out D1 and claim a big PR so I can get elected.

I'm hoping election will provide protection and we will nail scum left right, up and down.

Elect: praguepride

Follow me to victory, lads and lasses, men and women. Mighty citizens of The Noble!
Unread 02-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by praguepride View Post
Guys, trust me on this. I'm taking a bit of a depature on this role, instead of hiding in the shadows I'll come out D1 and claim a big PR so I can get elected.

I'm hoping election will provide protection and we will nail scum left right, up and down.

Elect: praguepride

Follow me to victory, lads and lasses, men and women. Mighty citizens of The Noble!
You've done this before. I swear you have...

MNN, also, always campaigns for leader roles. Derek does often too as does Astil.
Unread 02-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Super Star

Wallbanger: 1 (Paws7297)
praguepride: 1 (praguepride)