Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 > World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-16-2019, 09:01 AM
Hall of Fame

Default Recurrent slowdowns

On my PC the game runs fine in general but I'm experiencing major freezes of up to 10 seconds at the matchmaking screen when clickin the 'info' button and when booking fights. There's nothing you can do until it suddenly unfreezes and processes your clicks/actions.

- It's not due to the savefile as it runs perfectly fine on my laptop
- It's not the disk as I've switched from one SSD to another and it still persists
- I've put adm. mode on, obviously

Would it have to do with resolution? The face pictures are loading fine. I can try reinstalling the whole thing, but I think I might've done that already.

There has never been a game that gives me any sort of slowdown/freezes in several years, so there must be some problem with some setting.
Unread 11-16-2019, 09:31 AM
GDS Developer

Sorry, I've got no idea. It doesn't sound like a code issue as otherwise it wouldn't be limited to one machine, and there's nothing particularly special about those screens. Unless you have a particularly large amount of data for it to process then I doubt it would be anything to do with the database either. I'd suggest trying altering some of your graphics settings in the hope that it's related to that.
Unread 11-16-2019, 10:18 AM
Hall of Fame

My desktop size is 3440x1440. I thought it was related to the 300x300 images but in other screens I can cycle through those effortlessly. It's just the booking screen.

Very weird.
Unread 11-16-2019, 03:38 PM

Same for me - I mentioned that somewhere. It's usually not too long since game launch (I think in the span of 10-20 minutes) that this happens. And it's not consistent too.