Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-17-2020, 07:32 AM
Low Minors

[quote=BlueStar;2387756]Plus: AEW can be found on YouTube or elsewhere (for Europe). We get Raw and Smackdown on paid TV here.

Can't get into Young Bucks or Omega (honestly, lack of charisma, psychology, spots-that-make-no-sense....Omega is the worst for me at that).

I agree. I never saw the appeal of The "Not so Young anymore, not sure why they call themselves that still" Bucks. Kenny "Muh Art" Omega hasn't been good since he left the incredible booking of New Japan. I honestly think NJPW can take any guy with some athletic ability & a decent look & turn him into a superstar. I want to like Omega but something seems off now. Matches are fine but I ended up like a short guy with a half painted face more than any of the Elite guys. Darby Allen has a really enigmatic persona, great music that fits his character & a unique wrestling style in the way that he doesn't care what he does to his body. He has a better gimmick & character than anyone else in the Elite. Well, except for Cody but I don't count him being in the Elite.
Unread 01-17-2020, 11:00 AM
Living Legend

Darby is great but he needs new gear. The short shorts and leggings is a terrible look.

Also, why did Moxley go back to stupid street clothes?
Unread 01-17-2020, 12:46 PM
Phenom

For AEW I hope they don't end with having the bookers (Bucks, Omega, Cody) ending up as the guys that go over (see WCW with Nash, Hogan, etc).

I'm fine with an (over-worked) Page vs Omega feud (even if I don't get the Page/Omega tag-team chemistry...and I think both are okay but nothing else). Old Bucks are fine as Gatekeepers....(I think Kazarian and Daniels will fill those roles the next year after pushing Sky) but please, nothing else. Like him or hate him, Jericho -overweight, out-of-date to quote the Manic Street Preachers- has more in the tank than that part of The Elite.

I hope AEW doesn't go WCW but pushes guys like Darby and Sky. I might even add Page to that, even though I think he's pretty bland. PAC is doing well. Cody vs Porter should give the latter a rub. I think they are set to pull off something special.....(and I think the main members of The Elite will prevent that, making AEW WCW-2020). Hope I'm wrong.
Unread 01-17-2020, 10:22 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStar View Post
For AEW I hope they don't end with having the bookers (Bucks, Omega, Cody) ending up as the guys that go over (see WCW with Nash, Hogan, etc).

I'm fine with an (over-worked) Page vs Omega feud (even if I don't get the Page/Omega tag-team chemistry...and I think both are okay but nothing else). Old Bucks are fine as Gatekeepers....(I think Kazarian and Daniels will fill those roles the next year after pushing Sky) but please, nothing else. Like him or hate him, Jericho -overweight, out-of-date to quote the Manic Street Preachers- has more in the tank than that part of The Elite.

I hope AEW doesn't go WCW but pushes guys like Darby and Sky. I might even add Page to that, even though I think he's pretty bland. PAC is doing well. Cody vs Porter should give the latter a rub. I think they are set to pull off something special.....(and I think the main members of The Elite will prevent that, making AEW WCW-2020). Hope I'm wrong.
All of the Elite will win titles at some point. They are too popular not to. But I could see them spreading it out. Young Bucks are likely to be Champions this year.

Cody, MJF and Darby will probably circle around the secondary title when's it's introduced. Maybe Page could use it as a stepping stone to the World title (something WWE should have done with Reigns and the US title before his first big singles push).

Either Omega or Mox will beat Jericho this year. I think Page will win the World title either in 2021 or 2022. The longer the build the better.
Unread 01-17-2020, 10:31 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
Darby is great but he needs new gear. The short shorts and leggings is a terrible look.
Totally agree. I don't watch AEW much (Aside from MLW I really do not watch any wrestling at all.) but I was watching After Dark over my friend's house and I asked him, "Is Darby wearing nylons? What the hell is up with that." I just looks odd and he has a cool look with the half painted face and half non-painted face. He sort of give me a Two-Face vibe, but that ring attire has to go.
Unread 01-18-2020, 11:49 AM
Hall of Fame

Half way through Dynamite. Show started well enough, with a fun cluster-tag and solid Cody promo, but the Nightmare Collective match was the worst. And Brandi was one of the better parts in it, actually showing some personality and cowering from the babyfaces as she should. Mel looked like it was her first match. Shida seems terrified to make contact with any of her moves. Statlander missed two in a row, complete with leg slapping right in front of the camera. My wife really wants to like that division, but it looks so crappy.

Lovely shot of Luthor having a polite chat with Justin Roberts during the match too.

Really digging Sammy Guevera. I don't think he should be pushed any further (not for 5+ years) but give him a pay rise. I would have liked a little less of a beatdown on Moxley in the middle of the match, as those nearfalls were inventive enough to really take him up a notch. Effective when intense... but he can't help but showboat.
Unread 01-18-2020, 02:09 PM
Living Legend

Other than Statlander, I donít like AEWís women division. They really need to invest in it to make it even watchable.
Unread 01-18-2020, 03:32 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Other than Statlander, I donít like AEWís women division. They really need to invest in it to make it even watchable.
I really like Statlander & Shida, but agree that it's definitely their weakest area.
Unread 01-18-2020, 03:39 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kayfabe View Post
I really like Statlander & Shida, but agree that it's definitely their weakest area.
I liked Shida at first but her offense gets weaker every match. Her strikes have become downright awful.
Unread 01-18-2020, 04:54 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
I liked Shida at first but her offense gets weaker every match. Her strikes have become downright awful.
Yeah, not sure what happened there. Wondering if she potatoed someone previously and is being overly cautious now?
Unread 01-18-2020, 07:30 PM
Rookie

I loved the AEW show but watching Jericho spike Moxley all I could think of is back in the old days he would have bladed. Tommy Rich, Dusty Rhodes and Flair would have really played it up. I remember when the Road Warriors spiked Dusty (it stunk that Dusty got fired over it). I know they canít blade anymore but it looked hokey without Moxley bleeding. They couldnít come up with some kind of special effect. Darby was bleeding more unintentionally in his match.
Unread 01-18-2020, 11:39 PM
Living Legend

Brandi Rhodesís passport was stolen so she wonít be appearing on Dynamite next week. I donít think Iíve ever been so happy a crime occurred.
Unread 01-19-2020, 02:53 PM
Phenom

Quote:
I'll give WWE credit: honestly, the Women's matches are better than the counterparts (Becky, Flair, Natty, Banks, etc....)
Unread 01-22-2020, 09:03 PM
Living Legend

Other than an awful Britt Baker match and an even worse Britt Baker promo, this week's edition of Dynamite was really good. Good story telling and some fun match ups. The atmosphere of the cruise ship was neat. Strong main event. I wish I could afford to go see them in Cleveland next week.
Unread 01-23-2020, 07:58 AM
Rookie

Dark:

- Diamante vs Big Swole was solid.
- Strong Hearts vs Jurassic Express was great. They should book Strong Hearts more often.
- Taz makes Dark better with his commentary. Shame there wasn't a 3rd match.

- Fenix vs Janela was good. Big win for Janela. Here's the youtube link for anyone who missed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uMo6CEbSoc

Dynamite:

- Page & Omega vs SCU (c) was great. Surprising result. I could see them dropping the titles as early as Revolution and feuding by the PPV after that.
- Kelly vs Dr. Britt was solid. Britt's promo was fun. I hope Kelly sticks around.
- Jurassic Express vs Jericho & PnP was good.
- MJF vs Janela was solid. We got some pool action!
- PAC vs Mox was good.

Good show overall. The boat setting was interesting. First time the FITE version has had major audio issues, although I kind of expected it broadcasting from a ship.