Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-15-2019, 02:50 PM
All Star

New Developmental Workers Signed

CWL has announced the Leonardo Velasco has signed a developmental deal. Velasco was previously employed by TGL from December 2021 to November 2022. Velasco is also a professional fighter that is currently training for his second professional fight. He won his last fight by submission in the second round.

CWL has also signed Jamie Puder (no relation to Clyde Puder). Jamie is thirty-one years old and is a former professional fighter. Most notably, he fought for GAMMA where he once the Heavyweight Championship and had two successful defenses. At 6'2" and 278 pounds, Puder is a very dangerous striker who is known for his devastating headkicks. He turned to wrestling two years ago after losing a rematch for the Heavyweight Championshp and wanting to switch gears. CWL is his first name organization that he has worked for. He will be starting in TGL.
SHARE THIS:

New Champions in TGL

"The Arctic Wolf" Brody Irons defeated "Cowboy" Buck Winchester for the Texas Heavyweight Championship. Buck had managed three defences before losing to the Anchorage Heavyweight. This is Irons first professional championship.

Leo Loynes also began his fourth reign (a record setting reign) as Texas Junior Heavyweight Champion. He defeated Steven Stewart -- who had beaten him for the championship. Stewart had only managed one defence prior and was injured in the bout, suffering a blown ear drum after an enzugari landed flush with his ear.

Debra Wood ended Courtney Metzger's reign as Texas Women's Champion after seven successful defences. This is Wood's first reign with the championship.

SHARE THIS:

Big Arrivals Coming

Vice President of Talent Relations, Ricky Dale Johnson has announced that both the men's division and women's division are about to get injected with two big stars -- one for each division. These are said to be national names that could really help attract new eyeballs to the CWL product. We do know that the male wrestler has worked for TCW, USPW, and most recently SOTBPW where he was the Campeonato del Mundo -- his highest achievement in his long career. The female wrestler has worked for NOTBPW and USPW and held the Women's Championship in both.

Who do you think the new signings are?

SHARE THIS:

Last edited by Historian : 08-15-2019 at 03:00 PM.
Unread 08-15-2019, 05:11 PM
Banned

The mega prospect Irons must be further along than any of us had thought if the AI already put the title on him. Very interesting.

I have no guesses on the new signings, could be anyone really.

For the sake of playing along I’ll guess Lauren Easter and Wolf Hawkins

Raven Robinson makes sense but she’s older than Jesus at this stage so there’s no way she’s wrestling

Last edited by TLCJR4LIFE : 08-15-2019 at 05:20 PM.
Unread 08-16-2019, 04:53 AM
Super Star

Oh cool, Shadaloo getting extended into a Street Fighter themed stable!
Unread 08-16-2019, 09:10 AM
Banned

How much money do you have? After years of ppvs on a sponsor friendly product I’d imagine you have quite a bit saved.
Unread 08-16-2019, 10:23 AM
Super Star

I’ll go with “Ace” Aaron Andrews and Killer Kass just as a shot in the dark
Unread 08-16-2019, 10:28 AM
Super Star

Arctic Wolf with the rocket push already! Wonder how long it will be till we see him in CWL.

I'll go Lauren Easter and Jay Chord
Unread 08-16-2019, 11:11 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCJR4LIFE View Post
How much money do you have? After years of ppvs on a sponsor friendly product I’d imagine you have quite a bit saved.
I don't have the game in front of me, but I have a good war chest building. It's dampened slightly by running the developmental company as well, but we make a good amount of money each month with PPV revenue and sponsorships (and most of my guys being on Pay Per Appearance deals)
Unread 08-16-2019, 11:18 AM
All Star

Most of your guys are still on PPA?
Unread 08-16-2019, 02:22 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashasheen View Post
Most of your guys are still on PPA?
Most is probably a bit of an overstatement but yes, quite a few are and intentionally so. As I hit certain money milestones, I renegotiate people into written deals that are going to be long term players as we push national, but also allows me flexibility at the bottom of the card. There aren't as many guys on PPA as I used to have as guys leave and developmental guys take their place.
Unread 08-16-2019, 04:37 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post
Most is probably a bit of an overstatement but yes, quite a few are and intentionally so. As I hit certain money milestones, I renegotiate people into written deals that are going to be long term players as we push national, but also allows me flexibility at the bottom of the card. There aren't as many guys on PPA as I used to have as guys leave and developmental guys take their place.
Seems like a sound and realistic approach. The guys at the top of the card I would imagine are on written deals, those guys below upper mid, probably a mix.

Look at ole Robert build up that truly retirement nest egg for some day. But until that day, he is building a hell of a company.
Unread 08-16-2019, 07:47 PM
All Star

Default SNSM Ep 124

Available on NCTV
Week 1, December 2023.
Filmed at: The Freidman Building [Mid South. USA]
In Attendance: 7,922
Rating: 2.64 [1,985, 420 viewers]
Commentators: Lee Bambino & Ricky Dale Johnson

LB: Hello and welcome to another exciting and thrill-packed episode of Saturday Night Slammasters. We are coming to you from the Friedman Building. We are fresh on the heels of Thanksgiving Thunder that saw Ross Henry defeat Bret Starr and the monster Torment successfully retain the North American Heavyweight Championship against Matty Faith. We are now on the road to Christmas Chaos! We already know one match that will happen at Christmas Chaos.

RDJ: That’s right we do, Lee. At Thanksgiving Thunder, The Cummos and The Heartbreak Express defeated the Devil’s Rejects in an eight man tag team match up. With the victory, we know at Christmas Chaos we will have a triple threat elimination tag team match for the North American Tag Team Championship.

LB: And what a match that should be. Tonight in our main event, Alina America and Zoe Ammis will go one on one. Leon Pena will be defending the Television Championship and so much more. But first, we are scheduled to hear from Father Grim and Torment, so let’s go to the ring.

Quote:

The North American Heavyweight Champion Torment is led to the ring by Father Grim. The monster of a man stands in the center of the ring as his mouthpiece, the personification of evil, Father Grim lets the world know that the monster Torment cannot be stopped. Matty Faith learned that the hard way at Thanksgiving Thunder. Torment is the top of the mountain, he is no longer fallen but he has Risen. He has Ascended and he shall never fall again.

As Father Grim is talking, police sirens fill the arena and all of a sudden, former TCW, USPW, and SOTBPW star Rick Law comes marching out onto the stage!

Law says that he has been around the world fighting evil. Fighting for justice. He could no longer sit idly by and watch evil run unchecked in the CWL. He has signed an exclusive contract and his only requirement to sign that contract was a shot at Torment at Christmas Chaos!

Opening Match
Singles Match
Fifteen Minute Time Limit

“Country Made” Pearl Flanders versus “The Franchise’ Brooke Tyler

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Brooke Tyler defeated Pearl Flanders in 8:28 by submission with a Brooke Breaker after blatantly cheating. During the match we also had Alicia Strong run in and attack Flanders.

Quote:

Pearl Flanders is being attacked by Strong and Tyler in the ring. The victory wasn’t enough for Tyler. Strong hits Flanders with a Strong Arm Tactic and then Tyler locks her in the Brooke Breaker. She has it in deep when suddenly…

LAUREN EASTER! Former NOTBPW and USPW Women’s Champion comes running to the ring. The one third Mexican, one third Native American and one third Welsh wrestler sends Strong and Tyler running to the hills for cover and then checks on a fallen Pearl Flanders.

Singles Match

“The Hillbilly Hammer” Clyde Puder versus “Straight A” Ricky Turner

In an extremely short match, Clyde Puder defeated Ricky Turner in 4:55 by pinfall with a Patriot Powerslam.

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

“Flawless” Franklin Rush w/ Lisa Bowen versus “The Latin Sensation” Leon Pena ©

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Leon Pena defeated Franklin Rush in 13:23 by pinfall with an Easy Palm Strike. Leon Pena makes defence number 2 of his CWL Television title.

Tag Team Match

The Heartbreak Express versus Shadaloo

In a bout that had great wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, The Heartbreak Express defeated Shadaloo in 9:44 when Johnny Needham defeated R.W. Vega after a distraction from Jakob Yoder.

R.W. Vega was the weak link, struggling to keep up with everyone else's in-ring performance.

Singles Match

“The Dragon” Mikey James versus “Lover Boy” Bret Heartbreak

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Mikey James defeated Bret Heartbreak in 8:58 by pinfall with a Scything Side Kick.

Quote:

AC: I’m tired. I’m sick and tired. I’m sick. I’m all sorts of things but what I am is fed up. I have not been the Ash Campbell I’m supposed to be. I’m not the man that I promised my father I’d be. I’ve not reached my destiny. I’ve failed. Time and time again. I’ve failed. I’ve come up short. I’ve been an embarrassment. But no longer! The time for Ash Campbell to take his rightful place is now. Primus Allen. Thanksgiving Thunder was a statement. I’m coming for you. I’m coming for the United States Championship. I will break your body if I have to. I will make you bleed if I have to. I will break my own body if I have to -- but I will be United States Champion.

Main Event
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Alina America versus Zoe Ammis

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Zoe Ammis defeated Alina America in 14:30 by pinfall after using a foreign object.

Overall

Unread 08-16-2019, 09:47 PM
All Star

Rick Law and Lauren Easter officially sign

As became clear with the first Saturday Night Slammasters of December, Rick Law and Lauren Easter have officially signed with CWL. Law had most recently worked for SOTBPW -- though his contract was not renewed and he spent two months as a free agent before he was picked up by the CWL. It is rumored that once CWL showed interest, TCW, SWF, and USPW all showed interest in the 41 year old, but ultimately the big man decided to go with CWL. Easter was the backbone of the USPW Women's Division after having spent the first decade of her career with NOTBPW, but she felt she had accomplished all she could there and wanted to join the most competitive women's roster in the major wrestling companies.

SHARE THIS:

More Signings Expected

It is expected that CWL will be very competitive in the pursuit of several wrestlers that are entering free agency. All of these wrestlers are graduates of the Rocky Mountain School of Wrestling. It is said that Ricky Dale Johnson and other senior CWL management want to have as many graduates under contract as possible. Several years ago, SWF raided some of the graduates and now as their contracts are coming back up, expect CWL to be very active in attempting to sign them.

SHARE THIS:

Unread 08-16-2019, 10:20 PM
All Star

Frehley Resigns
"The Dark Destroyer" Steve Frehley has signed an exclusive multi-year extension with South of the Border Pro Wrestling.  The forty year old is the only man in wrestling history to have held the SWF World, USPW World, and SOTBPW World Championships in his career.  One of the most popular wrestlers on the planet, Frehley had entertained contract offers from SOTBPW, USPW, SWF, and even 21CW before deciding to stay where he has been since 2019.

WLW Time and Space

WLW held their December Pay Per View, Time and Space at Kangawa Stadium.  It drew a sold out crowd of thirty thousand people.  I would rate the show a B+.

Main Event
Yanagimoto & Elemental III def Okamoto & SATO - A

Zero & Americana def The Ring Kings - B-

Toshitara retained the Modern Level Japan championship by defeating X-Calibre and Kill Switch - B+

Mystic Dragon def Panda Mask II - B+

SUKI def Snow Storm and Sakamoto - B+

Narahashi def Makuda, Horigoshi, & Numajiri - B-

Shimakage def Acid, Sato, & Watoga - B

Toju Munkata def Motoshige Koguchi - B

Elemental IV won by count out against Koki Ishibashi - B-

Tiger Prince & Hiraki def Sky High to retain the WLW Tag Team Championship - B

SWF Christmas Clash 2023

SWF visited the Auditorio Juan Escobar in Puerto Rico for their annual December showcase.  It was an excellent show that continued to show that despite everyone's reservations, Eric Eisen has proven himself not only to be a capable promoter but also a capable booker.  They drew 25,777 paying customers to the 30,000 seat arena -- almost a complete sellout.  I'd rate this show a B+

Main Event
Huey Cannonball, DeSousa, The Crippler & Joey Morgan def Aaron Andrews, BLZ Bubb, Remo, & Eric Eisen - B+

LaGrenier, Atherton, Titan, & Booth def Gonzalez, Green, Muvva, & Smoke - B-

Wright, Atlas, Patriot & DaLay def Monterio, Scythe, Idol, & Identity - B- 

Makutsi, Jameson, Queen, & Frantic Ali def Randy B, Retro, Fry, & Ratzloff - B

Unread 08-17-2019, 01:14 PM
Super Star

Despite his age Law is a great fit for CWL so that should be fun. I'm happy to have picked Easter right, I imagine she must be one of the best in ring women wrestlers at this point.
Unread 08-17-2019, 01:57 PM
Banned

The Animal Kingdom is returning!

Or maybe the Puerto Rican Exchange