Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-18-2019, 04:21 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
I hadn't really paid it much attention despite thinking it was a great idea, but I was in the shower this morning and thought about how amazing the new "automatic aging and de-aging facilities" will be. I've always wanted to make a future real life/alternative reality modification, so with TEW20 and the apps you can use to alter pictures now, it may be something I actually take a stab at.

I mean, what's not to love about Triple H finally taking over the 'E, John Cena starting up his own company after his failed Hollywood venture and Roman Reigns fulfilling his potential and becoming a respected grizzled veteran? xD

HHH looks like hes a chemist from the midwest....
Unread 07-18-2019, 05:33 PM
Super Star

Cena looks like Creed Bratton with a slightly squarer jaw.
Unread 07-18-2019, 05:46 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Nection View Post
HHH looks like hes a chemist from the midwest....
Hunter Hearst Heisenberg.
Unread 07-18-2019, 07:45 PM
Minor League

Wait did I miss something? TEW2020 has an auto-ager? What the hell? That is insane.
Unread 07-18-2019, 08:30 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peria View Post
Wait did I miss something? TEW2020 has an auto-ager? What the hell? That is insane.
No, those are from an app
Unread 07-18-2019, 09:03 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
No, those are from an app
I mean I knew those ones were, how else would he have crafted that. I just thought I missed a like "built-in" feature that ages people. I don't know why I got so easily worked lmao
Unread 07-18-2019, 09:37 PM
Super Star

2020 will have a feature that is going to auto age stats for workers, through the editor, to cut down on time creating different time period for modders.
Unread 07-18-2019, 10:49 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peria View Post
It was Adam's plan to put the FaceApp technology in the game, but he didn't want it to upstage the announcement that TEW is going to be at a 1360 x 768 resolution.
Unread 07-18-2019, 11:08 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenCycle View Post
It was Adam's plan to put the FaceApp technology in the game, but he didn't want it to upstage the announcement that TEW is going to be at a 1360 x 768 resolution.
That was a plan? So, renders could be made by using a persons real face?
Unread 07-19-2019, 05:56 AM
Super Star

Re-reading some of the Journal entries.
Quote:
Each brand can be assigned a specific product (including an option to be "Company Default", which means it will automatically track to the one the company is currently using) as well as its own Match Focus and Angle Focus. This allows additional levels of customisation.
Can we also set a brand specific match/angle ratio?
Unread 07-19-2019, 10:12 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn michaels View Post
Repetitive booking penalties seem fine to me, to be honest. Let's just forget the fact that some promotions today tend to repeat a lot, but the principle is always the same even irl. As long as it is better than the last one, the current intervals and penalties seem fine to me.

Chemistry is suppose to give huge advantages to matches. When you got two workers who gel so well due to that chemistry, hardly anything will ever go wrong. This is probably even more noticeable in tag team wrestling, where the principle of several men in the ring will allow for many more weaknesses to be covered and matches to flow even better.
The thing is, in a tag team match you have twice the chemistry AND the experience edge twice in one match. Making it super easy to make great tag team matches.

And while a stand-alone tag team match may be easier to set up in real life, making an engaging tag team storyline is a much harder affair. In a long term personal storyline singles matches work much better then tag team matches. So it's not like tag team wrestling is superior, it's just a different animal.

Besides, even if tag team matches are better... the same advantage from regular tag team matches (chemistry and experience) doesn't apply to 6 man tags because there you have neither of those.

I'm just saying that in the game, imo, every match type should be equally difficult to book. No one match type is superior to another match type, they are just different and have their own advantages/disadvantages.

I love me same tag team matches but I also love the more personal approach of singles matches or the chaos of a fatal four way.
Unread 07-19-2019, 10:36 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland View Post
Rather than sit around clogging up the database, older valets / managers who relied on their looks but now have very little to offer will tend to leave the business instead, opening the way for younger talent.
Well, there go my color commentators. But to be fair, I do typically do only two person booths so I only hire one of these types at a time.
Unread 07-19-2019, 11:15 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappyboy View Post
Well, there go my color commentators. But to be fair, I do typically do only two person booths so I only hire one of these types at a time.
And when you say this I think to myself, Why not just put in (as if it's the easiest thing in the world to do) a business or dedication type stat that adjusts this type of effect instead. Say something like a 25 in the stat means they will only stay around if they keep making more money, a 75 in the stat means they are dedicated to the trade, and will stay around till normal retirement, 100 meaning they won't ever leave, lol.
Unread 07-20-2019, 03:05 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven James View Post
And if you're playing a WCW mod you can book that North Korean show, which got the highest attendance for a wrestling event in pro wrestling's history, though probably because everyone was forced to go.
Yeah that event gave the word "papered" a whole new meaning.

While it would of course be kind of cool to be able to do the Collision in Korea show, I'd say it would sort of be overkill to include a whole region in the game just for that.

In the same vein, I imagine most people who aren't hardcore Ring Ka King fans will turn off India when playing...
Unread 07-20-2019, 04:07 AM
Super Star

I was just thinking about this the other day, and since we're on the subject, I guess I'll just put Saudi Arabia into the Southern Mediterranean region in the game world. I mean, that's sorta kinda where Saudi Arabia is... let's just say there was some crazy political incident in the game world, and Saudi Arabia is now considered to be a part of Europe, okay? Unless others have a better idea lol.

Maybe with the new "Locations" feature, I can just make a location called Saudi Arabia, or something. Or a city in Saudi Arabia. I don't really see a better way.