Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-17-2019, 05:21 AM
Super Star

250 is a pretty amazing achievement!

I like seeing the high roster turnover at the moment. Even when a favourite like Funakoshi goes it does all help the actual game world feel more alive.

What size are CWL in game?
Unread 07-17-2019, 06:09 AM
Major League

Great Gold Rush, as always! Looking forward to show 250!
Unread 07-17-2019, 10:19 AM
Minor League

Great Gold Rush. When I looked at it, I had the winner of the Campbell/Faith match winning. Unfortunately, I chose poorly. Plus, not realizing that Funakoshi was heading out the door, my surprise finals run for him seems pretty dumb...

Sad to see some of the stalwarts of CWL head for the door. Ranger had been passed long ago, but he spent a lot of sweat equity carrying the tag division for a while with Faith. Everyone else was basically fodder for the rest of the roster, so no real reason to miss them if the developmental guys can do it (and probably do it for cheaper).

On the ladies side, losing LaRue and Jade is a surprise. I figure Jade might be losing a little in the ring at this point in time, but LaRue could be a star. I hope the door isn't closed on her future in CWL.
Unread 07-17-2019, 02:11 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarK_RaideR View Post
Matty Faith winning the tournament came completely out of left field for me, but I guess it is a step towards re-establishing the man after his initial success and subsequent "jobber to the stars" spot on his own or as part of the Mission. Having a second generation stars final was a pretty CWL thing to do too
The second-generation thing was purely coincidence.

Quote:
The suspension of James Diaz also came out of left field. I know he starts as a negative influence but I figured he'd have gotten better by now. Hope the suspension does the trick, plus it could be used to spin a storyline too since James is heel.
It caught me by complete surprise as well. The suspension did make him improve his attitude, so hopefully, this will be the last incident we have with him (he's had some arguments backstage that didn't amount to much)

Quote:
I'm happy for Funakoshi breaking into PGHW, even if I had higer hopes for him in the tournament. As good as he is, he'll do better in Japan and a straightforward puroresu promotion than being another face in a foreign promotion.
I was loving Funakoshi. I hope to bring him back in on a talent trade after he gets settled in. Originally, he was going to beat both the Diaz cousins in the tournament to set up bringing back Torii for a World Tag Title feud, but with James' suspension and Funakoshi leaving for PGHW, I had to change plans. So while he was never pencilled in to win, he was going to get to the semi finals.

Quote:
Ranger: Much like Matty Faith, his initial success came to a halt and since he wasn't doing something like winning a title or tournament to bounce back, it makes sense for him to go. Probably letting Faith go full-on singles star now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJay2003
Ranger had been passed long ago, but he spent a lot of sweat equity carrying the tag division for a while with Faith. Everyone else was basically fodder for the rest of the roster, so no real reason to miss them if the developmental guys can do it (and probably do it for cheaper).
The plan is for Faith to go singles -- and had been for sometime. I like Ranger, and he's turned into a very good worker -- but he just didn't have a place at the top of the card for me and at 6'10", he needed a spot at the top. He doesn't have the promo skills of Faith, or Faith's charisma and SQ, so he was becoming an expense I really could not justify -- and I didn't want to just job him out. He's actually signed back with RIPW and is a main eventer for them and will hopefully be on the SWF main roster soon.

Quote:
Hellcat Hernandez: Hellcat is a favourite style of female worker, though she struggles to cut it in QAW and looks like she had the same issue here. I'm guessing some kind of hardcore promotion would be the best fit for her.

Toni Parisi: I like to think the New York Badass quit after seeing one too many cowgirls,rednecks, country strong and salt of the earth ladies getting a better push than her

Teresa Perez, Houston Handley: Wasn't one of these ladies married to Torment or something? Did some other promotion sign them away?

Tiffany Jade: Tif's good all around and pretty over, strange to see her go.

Foxxy LaRue: Baddest chick in wrestling. Hope she goes on to be the figurehead of some all-female promotion and climbs to the top of the wrestling world.
Quote:

On the ladies side, losing LaRue and Jade is a surprise. I figure Jade might be losing a little in the ring at this point in time, but LaRue could be a star. I hope the door isn't closed on her future in CWL.
The ladies moves were more about creating space for the women I have in developmental. Tiffany Jade actually asked to leave, she wasn't very happy as she wasn't a featured player in my Women's division. I really like Toni, Houston, Teresa, and Foxxy -- but they were just lost in the shuffle. I'm hoping that all of them will go back to one of the all-female promotions and I can bring them back in like a year with a fresh take on them. I didn't want them to just drown at the bottom of the women's division.

And DR... not *everyone* who gets pushed is a country-style gimmick! There's at least... four or five!

Quote:
Masked Stranger: As generic as the Masked Mauler, but can actually wrestle. Apparently though not good enough to stay.
He was on a PPA and I wanted to create a roster space for developmental guys who are significantly cheaper and younger.

Quote:
Ray Badell: Ray was the Blue Collar Brawler, right? What happened to him, did he fall short?
He did fall short. He wasn't able to get over the hump (he worked a lot of dark matches). He's really young, so there is plenty of time for him to come back if he does develop somewhere else I can bring him back.

Quote:
Dash Roux: Can't remember this one, think he was a dojo graduate. But if I can't remember him, I guessing he wasn't that featured, right?
He was a CGC dojo guy. Has really good stats, but has no star quality or charisma and I felt like I could use some of my other talent in his place.

Quote:
Harvey Robbinfield: Harvey's kinda decent for a sub-Cult promotion but not good enough for TCW or CWL.
Pretty much nail on the head.

Quote:
Rocky Weatherfield: Rocky was a thing, I guess. Never has been a thing for me, so not sad to see him go.
I like Rocky, but Rocky couldn't get over in developmental so he had no chance on the main roster.

Quote:
Hammer Hadley: Going to Japan at last?
He is!

Quote:
Kip Keenan: Keenan was signed? Ugh, star-spangled outfits won't get you far in CWL kid, better put on a stetson
Hey! I pushed Masked Patriot to the moon. TWICE! But a star spangled cowboy... Now that would be something.

Quote:
Blaisdell Michaud, Brian Stones, Cody Franklin, Eric Hackney, Danny Beneteau, Jurobei Takano, Tim London, Tommy Huey, Walter Lewis: Guessing these were TGL folks.
They were. And they weren't developing and were just taking up space so I decided to free up some space.

Quote:
Great Gold Rush. When I looked at it, I had the winner of the Campbell/Faith match winning. Unfortunately, I chose poorly. Plus, not realizing that Funakoshi was heading out the door, my surprise finals run for him seems pretty dumb...
It wasn't dumb at all. He was originally planned to go to the semis. You did have the winner coming from the right match though! I'm glad you liked Gold Rush -- I really liked it too. I look forward to Gold Rush every year.
Unread 07-17-2019, 02:14 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by christmas_ape View Post
250 is a pretty amazing achievement!

I like seeing the high roster turnover at the moment. Even when a favourite like Funakoshi goes it does all help the actual game world feel more alive.

What size are CWL in game?
We are currently Cult. The 4th biggest promotion in the US and the eighth in the World.

We trail USPW, SWF, & TCW (in that order) in the United States.

Globally, it goes: USPW, WLW, 21CW, SWF, TCW, PGHW, Us.

I like having roster turnover, especially when you're the fourth biggest company in the country. I *should* lose talent to bigger companies, or companies who are willing to pay them more than I can afford or am willing to pay.
Unread 07-17-2019, 05:18 PM
All Star

Default SNSM Ep 112 -- the 250th show

Available on NCTV
Week 1, September 2023.
Filmed at: Perry Hall [Great Lakes, USA]
In Attendance: 2,000 [SELL OUT]
Rating: 2.06 [1,545,400 viewers]
Commentators: Lee Bambino & Ricky Dale Johnson

LB: Hello and welcome to another exciting and thrill-packed episode of Saturday Night Slammasters. This is the 250th show of CWL. And what a show we have scheduled for you tonight. After Talia Quinzel got herself counted out at Gold Rush, she goes one on one with Jaime Quine. Jakob Yoder puts his newly won Television Championship on the line against Logan Diaz and in our main event, Greg Keith challenges Spencer Spade for the World’s Championship.

Opening Match
Singles Match
Fifteen Minute Time Limit

Jaime Quine versus Talia Quinzel

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Jaime Quine defeated Talia Quinzel in 9:40 by pinfall with a K.O. Kick.

Tag Team Match

Eddie Carter & Floyd Reeves versus The Dynamite Express w/ Henry Garner

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Eddie Carter and Floyd Reeves defeated The Dynamite Express in 10:07 when Eddie Carter defeated Cameron Jones by pinfall with a Star Face Slam.

Quote:

Alicia Strong comes down to the ring, which has been set up for a celebration. She shows off her new title for the crowd, enjoying the moment.

Singles Match

Matthew Keith versus Sgt. Bison

In a bout that had great wrestling but didn't have much heat, Sgt. Bison defeated Matthew Keith in 13:52 by submission after blatantly cheating.

Quote:

Riley McManus, KC Glenn and Jeffery Aroma cut a promo hyping their upcoming six man match with Cameron Vessey, Casey Valentine and Ash Campbell.

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

“Glorious” Logan Diaz versus “The Mennonite Mammoth” Jakob Yoder ©

In a bout that had great wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Jakob Yoder defeated Logan Diaz in 15:18 by pinfall with a Whip-In Big Foot. Jakob Yoder makes defence number 1 of his CWL Television title.

Main Event
Singles Match
Sixty Minute Time Limit

Greg Keith versus “The Supreme Star” Spencer Spade © w/ Lisa Bowen

In a bout that had superb wrestling and great heat, Spencer Spade defeated Greg Keith in 25:41 by pinfall with a Supreme Stunner. Spencer Spade makes defence number 7 of his GWC World Heavyweight title.

Overall

Unread 07-17-2019, 05:27 PM
All Star

David Stone moves on

"The Canadian Wrestling Machine" ended a month of speculation by leaving CWL and returning to North of the Border Pro Wrestling -- his family's home promotion. He joins his Uncles Edd and Duane, brother David, cousins Lucy and John on the NOTBPW roster.

SHARE THIS:

Next Week's Slammasters

After hitting the 250 show mark, CWL continues to roll on. The main event of the next show has been set as The Devil's Rejects square off with the Keith Brothers. The winning team will get a shot at The Last Hard Men at the North American Tag Team Titles -- currently held by The Heartbreak Express. Jakob Yoder will be defend his Television Championship against Syd Collier and so much more.

SHARE THIS:

Unread 07-17-2019, 05:40 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post
Matthew Keith versus Sgt. Bison

In a bout that had great wrestling but didn't have much heat, Sgt. Bison defeated Matthew Keith in 13:52 by submission after blatantly cheating.
How in the ever-loving world did Bison manage to win one over Keith, even if he did cheat?!?
Unread 07-17-2019, 05:58 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJay2003 View Post
How in the ever-loving world did Bison manage to win one over Keith, even if he did cheat?!?
You see what had happened was....was.... a nut shot?
Unread 07-17-2019, 06:12 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJay2003 View Post
Just you wait. It will become clear soon.
Unread 07-17-2019, 07:59 PM
Super Star

I'll never tire of pulling your leg when it comes to your tropes, though you did score a big equalizer with the idea of a star spangled cowboy *shudder*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post
Globally, it goes: USPW, WLW, 21CW, SWF, TCW, PGHW, Us.
Wait, I remember BHOTWG closing after a financial scandal, but where on earth is SOTBPW on that list? What happened?
Unread 07-17-2019, 08:53 PM
All Star

Quote:
Wait, I remember BHOTWG closing after a financial scandal, but where on earth is SOTBPW on that list? What happened?
I accidentally let them out. It goes USPW, WLW, 21CW, SWF, SOTBPW, TCW, PGHW, Me. It just overlooked them! Good catch!
Unread 07-17-2019, 09:29 PM
All Star

Default SNSM Ep 113

Available on NCTV
Week 2, September 2023.
Filmed at: Missouri State Armory [Mid West, USA]
In Attendance: 4,832
Rating: 2.27 [1,707,940 viewers]
Commentators: Lee Bambino & Ricky Dale Johnson

LB: Hello and welcome to another exciting and thrill-packed episode of Saturday Night Slammasters. In our main event tonight, The Keith Brothers and the Devil’s Rejects square off to determine a number one contender to the Heartbreak Express and their North American Tag Team Titles. Plus, we’re supposed to hear from the World Champion, Spencer Spade.

Quote:

Spencer Spade comes down to the ring. He takes a microphone and starts talking to the crowd, letting them know just how good he is. Last week he beat Greg Keith, right after once again beating Ross Henry. He’s the king of the mountain around here and nothing can change that.

Pete says that since Spencer is so confident in his ability -- and he has done a great job as World Champion, the GWC has decided to reward Spencer with a match against one of the most popular wrestlers in the world. At The Last Hard Men, Spencer Spade will defend the World Championship against a representative from OLLIE…. CHAMPAGNE LOVER!

Opening Match
Singles Match

“The Hawaiian Heartthrob” Luis Cummo versus Cameron Jones w/ Henry Garner

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Luis Cummo defeated Cameron Jones in 9:55 by pinfall with a Giant Crusher.

Singles Match

Eddie Carter versus Sgt. Bison

In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, Sgt. Bison defeated Eddie Carter in 13:10 by pinfall with a Boosted Reaper Choke Slam.

Quote:

Cameron Vessey, Casey Valentine and Ash Campbell cut a promo hyping their upcoming six man match with Jeffery Aroma, Riley McManus and KC Glenn.

Singles Match

Amber Allen versus Selina Svelte

In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, Selina Svelte defeated Amber Allen in 8:55 by submission with a Prawn Armlock.

Quote:

Alexander Vasquez cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with Primus Allen.

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Syd Collier w/ Henry Garner versus “The Mennonite Mammoth” Jakob Yoder ©

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Jakob Yoder defeated Syd Collier in 12:02 by pinfall with a Whip-In Big Foot. Jakob Yoder makes defence number 2 of his CWL Television title.

Quote:

Pearl Flanders cuts a promo hyping up her upcoming match with Alicia Strong.

Main Event
Tag Team Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Number One Contender’s Match

The Keith Brothers versus The Devil’s Rejects w/ February Malaise

In a bout that had superb wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, The Devil's Rejects defeated The Keith Brothers in 19:38 when Keith Holly defeated Matthew Keith by pinfall with a Reaper Breaker.

Overall

Unread 07-17-2019, 09:36 PM
All Star

Keith Brothers Moving On

The Keith Brothers have worked their last appearance in CWL. Both brothers were subjects of a very competitive bidding war between all of the major wrestling companies in North America, plus Dragon Kingdom Pro in Japan. Both brothers ended up taking big money offers from Total Championship Wrestling and will be moving to Los Angeles.

SHARE THIS:

Unread 07-18-2019, 02:10 AM
Banned

Losing just about everyone here.

Do you just not bid on workers that get competing offers?

The good news is the sheer number of workers leaving this month should open up the card a bit for new acts.

Unless someone is completely tearing it up in Texas, I’m guessing this is going to lead to pushes for guys like Butcher and Aron’s but who knows, maybe something more interesting and we get some big signinfns, or maybe forced to use more GWC guys until the newer guys are ready