Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-10-2019, 08:00 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashasheen View Post
A 7'2 mobile giant... I'd almost call bullshit and scream chargen if you haven't had the coolest luck in characters so far. Do giants take longer to improve and faster to decline or is that not accounted for in game mechanics.
In fairness, his mobility is good narratively. I have no idea how he will actually perform, but I wanted to structure the narrative to be vaguely reminiscent of when guys first saw Big Show. He was a giant who was fairly mobile and it made them salivate. It’s entirely possible that he will be terrible in the ring.

As DR says, the only real initial benefit to being a giant is SQ and Menace. They start out with higher numbers there because of their size.

Last edited by Historian : 07-10-2019 at 08:05 AM.
Unread 07-10-2019, 08:03 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilburTrey View Post
Can you teach us how to get these regens please?
Well, in fairness I am almost eight years I to the game and o turned regeneration on for just about everybody. So this guy is a Bruce the Giant regen — but there is no secret to getting them. Just luck. I got lucky and got the Sam Strong and Bruce the giant regens. Roaring Bear is a Two eagles regen, but SWF didn’t pick up his contract so I did.

Again, a lot of it is just luck and time in the game. And worker generation being set to high so that new workers continue to show up. No real secret!
Unread 07-10-2019, 10:09 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post
Well, in fairness I am almost eight years I to the game...
I know it is a lot of work, but any chance we can get an update on some of the guys that came and left in the last couple years? I am curious to see how they went on and fared, especially after you made the climb towards the bigger stage.
Unread 07-10-2019, 10:38 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJay2003 View Post
I know it is a lot of work, but any chance we can get an update on some of the guys that came and left in the last couple years? I am curious to see how they went on and fared, especially after you made the climb towards the bigger stage.
Sure. Are there any specific people you're wanting an update on? Because there have been a lot of guys, so any help in culling down the list would be fantastic.

Last edited by Historian : 07-10-2019 at 09:42 PM.
Unread 07-10-2019, 05:18 PM
Rookie

Is this new guy the only active giant in the game right now? Really have enjoyed the last two months worth of shows. It really feels like the seeds are getting planted for the next generation of superstars.
Unread 07-10-2019, 06:03 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by olde_gregge View Post
Is this new guy the only active giant in the game right now?
Pretty sure the narrative mentioned Marat Khoklov is still active.
Unread 07-10-2019, 08:26 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by olde_gregge View Post
Is this new guy the only active giant in the game right now? Really have enjoyed the last two months worth of shows. It really feels like the seeds are getting planted for the next generation of superstars.
Marat is still active in SWF but he’s 48 at this point.
Unread 07-10-2019, 10:35 PM
All Star

Default SNSM Ep 108

Available on NCTV
Week 1, August 2023.
Filmed at: Ellison’s [Hawaii, USA]
In Attendance: 4,811
Rating: 2.10 [1,579,930 viewers]
Commentators: Lee Bambino & Ricky Dale Johnson

LB: Hello and welcome to another exciting and thrill-packed episode of Saturday Night Slammasters. We are coming to you from Ellison’s on the shores of the Pacific Ocean. We are fresh off the heels of Independence that saw Torment end the reign of Riley McManus and become the new North American Heavyweight Champion.

RDJ: I have it on good authority that Riley McManus has not been medically cleared to be here tonight, he is still under supervision for injuries he sustained battling Torment. I also know that the Fallen is not here tonight. Father Grim left word with CWL management that the Fallen were taking tonight off. So who knows what is next?

Opening Match
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Johnny Anderson w/ February Malaise versus Ranger ©

In a bout that had great wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Johnny Anderson defeated Ranger in 10:17 by pinfall with a handful of tights. Johnny Anderson wins the CWL Television title.

Quote:

Pearl Flanders cuts a promo hyping up her upcoming match with Alicia Strong.

Singles Match
Fifteen Minute time Limit

Rocky Weatherfield versus Keith Holly w/ February Malaise

In an extremely short match, Keith Holly defeated Rocky Weatherfield in 4:59 by pinfall with a Reaper Breaker.

Quote:

Pistol Pete Hall announces that Greg Keith will be competing in this year’s Gold Rush tournament.

Tag Team Match
Fifteen Minute Time Limit

Eddie Carter & Floyd Reeves versus European Stretching Crew

In a decent match, Eddie Carter and Floyd Reeves defeated European Stretching Crew in 11:08 when Eddie Carter defeated Nigel Svensson by pinfall with a Star Face Slam.

Eddie Carter was the weak link, struggling to keep up with everyone else's in-ring performance.

Quote:

Pistol Pete Hall announces that David Stone will be competing in this year’s Gold Rush tournament.

Singles Match

Foxxy LaRue versus Toni Parissi

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Foxxy LaRue defeated Toni Parissi in 8:49 by pinfall with a Flash Head Kick.

Quote:

Pistol Pete Hall announces that Ash Campbell will be competing in this year’s Gold Rush tournament.

Tag Team Match

Amber Allen & Jaime Quine versus Hellcat Hernandez & Tiffany Jade

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Amber Allen and Jaime Quine defeated Hellcat Hernandez and Tiffany Jade in 11:44 when Jaime Quine defeated Hellcat Hernandez by pinfall with a K.O. Kick.

Hellcat Hernandez was the weak link, struggling to keep up with everyone else's in-ring performance.

Main Event
Eight Man Tag
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Homegrown & The Cummos versus Bowen Services w/ Lisa Bowen

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Bowen Services (Ash Campbell, Cameron Vessey, Casey Valentine and Franklin Rush) defeated Homegrown and The Cummos in 15:23 when Ash Campbell defeated Luis Cummo by pinfall with an Ash 2 Ash.

Overall

Unread 07-10-2019, 11:09 PM
All Star

European Stretching Crew Leaving CWL

The European Stretching Crew, Nigel Svensson & Pavel Vanchyza are leaving CWL as they have signed deals to return to Europe for Ultimate European Wrestling. While their deals in Europe are not exclusive, "Pistol" Pete Hall and CWL management felt it based to let the European duo focus exclusively on their new commitments -- as they felt the consistent international flights would wear the talent out. It is assumed that both men will still appear in CWL semi-regularly. Both men are excited to be returning to their native Europe in the close future.

SHARE THIS:

Lucy Stone-McFly leaving CWL

Lucy Stone McFly, North of the Border Pro Wrestling, and Continental Wrestling League have decided that Lucy Stone-McFly will be competing solely for NOTBPW when she returns from maternity leave. She is the daughter of current NOTBPW matchmaker Victoria Stone-McFly. In her time in CWL, she became a two-time North American Women's Champion. She is expected to be the focal point of the Candian company's female division upon her return.

SHARE THIS:

Dan Stone III & Nolan Dunn to NOTBPW

The Duo, collectively known as the Stone Foundation are also headed to NOTBPW. Dunn is the significant other of Lucy Stone-McFly, Dan Stone III is the younger son of Dan Stone Jr. Both are expected to join Lucy and newly arrived John Stone -- son of Jeremy Stone on the NOTBPW roster. It is also rumoured that David Stone, whose CWL contract ends soon, will be joining them as competing exclusively in the family company.

SHARE THIS:

Scythe Leaving CWL

"The Nightmare" Scythe, who has been a CWL wrestler for the past two years has signed an exclusive contract with SWF. He is a graduate of the Supreme Wrestling University and spent his early career in their developmental organization RIPW. During his time in CWL, Scythe won the Oxford Invitational, the United States, and the World Six Man Championships. We wish him all the best in his future endeavours.

SHARE THIS:

Hellion Leaving CWL

"American Hellspawn" Hellion is leaving CWL for USPW. The super heavyweight was the initial Gold Rush tournament winner and he also won the Oxford Invitational and the World Six Man Championships while employed with us. We wish him all of the best in his future endeavours.

SHARE THIS:

Unread 07-11-2019, 03:12 AM
Major League

Damn, that's a pretty big mass exodus!
Unread 07-11-2019, 04:32 AM
Super Star

Talk about a (forced) roster shakeup...

Diggin' the new Cummos portraits!
Unread 07-11-2019, 10:04 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Sure. Are there any specific people you're wanting an update on?
I was thinking guys from the switch to CWL and big company growth. Guys like Primus Allen...
Unread 07-11-2019, 10:49 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarK_RaideR View Post
Talk about a (forced) roster shakeup...

Diggin' the new Cummos portraits!
Well needed I think lol though I tried to convince him that Nolan Dunn was the future of his company and should instead be signed to a 10 year deal for all the money.

And yeah whoever did those Cummo renders must be one talented and handsome son of a gun
Unread 07-11-2019, 07:42 PM
All Star

Default SNSM Ep 109

Available on NCTV
Week 2, August 2023.
Filmed at: The Den [New England, USA]
In Attendance: 2,000 [SELL OUT]
Rating: 2.12 [1,591,480 viewers]
Commentators: Lee Bambino & Ricky Dale Johnson

LB: Hello and welcome to another exciting and thrill-packed episode of Saturday Night Slammasters. We are coming to you from The Den -- which is sold out tonight for the best professional wrestling action in the United States. We have a major show for you tonight. Clyde Puder and Scythe go one on one in our main event. Hellion goes one on one with Jeffery Aroma. Jakob Yoder is in action. David Stone challenges for the Television Championship. It’s a jam packed card and let’s get right to it.

Opening Match
Singles Match

Kip Keenan versus Nigel Svensson

In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Kip Keenan defeated Nigel Svensson in 14:12 by pinfall with a Belly To Belly Suplex.

Singles Match

“The Mennonite Mammoth” Jakob Yoder versus Pavel Vanzycha

In a bout that had good wrestling but didn't have much heat, Jakob Yoder defeated Pavel Vanzycha in 10:18 by pinfall with a Whip-In Big Foot.

Quote:

Pistol Pete Hall announces that Clyde Puder will be competing in this year’s Gold Rush tournament.

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

“The Canadian Wrestling Machine” David Stone versus Johnny Anderson © w/ February Malaise

In a bout that had great wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Johnny Anderson defeated David Stone in 18:51 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. Johnny Anderson makes defence number 1 of his CWL Television title.

Quote:
w/

Alicia Strong and Lisa Bowen were backstage and Strong laid into Pearl Flanders. Strong made it clear that at Gold Rush she was going to be taking the North American Women’s Championship and restoring prestige to the Women’s Division.

Singles Match

“The Headhunter” Jeffery Aroma versus “American Hellspawn” Hellion w/ Father Grim

In a decent match, Jeffery Aroma defeated Hellion in 12:08 by pinfall with a Complex Choke Slam.

Quote:

Clyde Puder was backstage. He thanked Pete Hall for entering him into the Gold Rush tournament this year and then let Scythe know that tonight, The Hammer is going to get a big win and he’s going to end the Nightmare and send him running for the hills.

Main Event
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

“The Hillbilly Hammer” Clyde Puder versus “The Nightmare” Scythe w/ Father Grim

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Clyde Puder defeated Scythe in 19:22 by pinfall with a Patriot Powerslam.

Overall

Unread 07-12-2019, 02:27 PM
All Star

Quote:
I took a bite of my chicken parmesan sandwich. I was alone at my table. The restaurant was near empty. I took another bite of my sandwich. While I wasn’t wrestling anymore, I still tried to eat relatively healthy. This was an exception. Chicken Parmesan sandwich, french fries topped with warm marinara sauce and a sprinkle of cheese. An ice cold Pepsi. My comfort food.

I didn’t need comfort for any professional reason. Business was going well. We were successful. We were consistently drawing near 3,000 fans -- our last several shows had all been sell outs. Creatively, I was as inspired as I had ever been. It was just one of those days. One of those days that society, at least my generation of society, isn’t supposed to talk about. One of those days where you don’t want to get out of the bed. You want to just run from the world and responsibilities. One of those days where the medicine really didn’t help much.

On these days, I eat chicken parmesan and fries smothered with delicious goodness. On these days, I sat at a booth by myself and tried to ignore the rest of the world. I took another bite and chased it with a swallow of Pepsi. This had been a battle I had been fighting since I was fourteen. Back then, no one said anything. You’d get a stigma with the diagnosis. So I learned to push it deep. I wasn’t until the mid 2000’s that I got an actual diagnosis and got on medicine. Before that it had all been self medication. I wasn’t the only one to live like that. To hide the illness in the closet. To be ashamed of it -- or to be ashamed to talk about it at the very least. There were lots of us in the ‘rasslin’ business. It seemed to attract us like flies. Maybe it’s because we could hide in plain sight. We could play the star on the television or in the ring and hide how we really felt. I was used to hiding in plain sight.

I dipped my fork into my fries so I could get a mouthful. Business was going good. Family life was going good. I was happy -- except today I wasn’t. I ate another bite of my sandwich and then my fries. Today wasn’t a day I could focus on business. Today wasn’t a day I could bring myself to care about booking or production or training. This is why it was good to have Joel and Riley and Marjorie. On days where I was fighting a losing battle, they helped me fight. They gave me space. They checked in on me, but they handled things when I mentally couldn’t. Today, I was afforded the space and time I needed and I was grateful. I took another bite of my sandwich. I took a deep breath. It was going to be okay. I *knew* that. I was going to be okay. I was okay.
I'm a super long way back and reading up to the present, but I just want to touch on this segment, cause it made me tear up. Felt very real, and very relatable.