Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-08-2019, 06:29 PM
All Star

An Update on Rocky Mountain School of Wrestling Graduates No Longer Employed by CWL or TGL:
  • Jared Peterson -- Peterson graduated from the Rocky Mountain School of Wrestling in February of 2017. He was employed for several months before his bad attitude and getting into a backstage fight cost him his job. Since then, he’s been primarily employed on the independent scene, though he did spend eleven months working for TGL in 2022 before he was released for getting into another backstage fight.
  • Leonard Vedder - Vedder is a December of 2017 graduate of the Rocky Mountain School of Wrestling. Formerly one third of the Puerto Rican Exchange in RMW, he spent two years on the RMW/CWL roster before he was signed in 2019 by SWF, assigned to the RIPW developmental territory where he has been working for the past three years. In October of 2020, he won the RIPW USA Championship and held that until September of 2021. He made eight defenses of that championship. He is currently one half of the RIPW Tag Team Champions alongside Juan Soler. They’ve held the RIPW Tag Team titles since November 2022.
  • Juan Soler -- Soler is a November 2017 graduate of the Rocky Mountain School of Wrestling. He worked for RMW/CWL until December of 2019 -- he also worked for FCW in that time -- before he was signed to a developmental deal by SWF. He has competed in RIPW ever since. In November of 2021 he won the RIPW Championship and held it until January of 2022. He’s currently one half of the RIPW Tag Team Champions (alongside fellow CWL alumni Leonard Vedder) and has held the belt since November of 2022.
  • Brett Dewes -- Dewes is an August 2017 graduate of the Rocky Mountain School of Wrestling. He got his start as the third member of the Devil’s Rejects faction. He spent three years working for RMW/CWL where he became one of the backbones of the roster as part of the winningst group in CWL. In September of 2020 he was signed by SWF to be apart of RIPW where he has worked since.
  • Wesley Browning -- Browning is a May 2017 graduate of the Rocky Mountain School of Wrestling who became known as “Relentless” during his near-four year run with the organization. Known for the beating he could take, he became a cult favorite in the organization when SWF swooped in and signed him to be apart of RIPW where he has been slowly working his way up the card.
  • Bradley D -- D is an October 2018 graduate of the Rocky Mountain School of Wrestling who started his career as ‘The American Lion’ before losing his mask to Jeffery Aroma and becoming the fun-loving babyface, Bradley D. His natural charisma and his big bumps caught the attention of SWF who signed him in February of 2021 -- right to the main roster -- where he has worked ever since. The highlight of his SWF run was a barn-burner of a match with “The Ace” Aaron Andrews in December of 2022.
  • Louis Tully -- Tully is an August 2018 graduate of the Rocky Mountain School of Wrestling who became known as the final piece of the Devil’s Rejects. The hard hitting Heavyweight garnered attention for how quickly he got his feet under him and how willing he was to brawl everywhere. It caught the attention of RIPW who brought him into the organization in September of 2020.
  • Dale Kingman -- Dale is a December 2019 graduate of the Rocky Mountain School of Wrestling who began his career as the Golden Dragon -- the last member of the fabled Animal Kingdom group that lost all of their masks to Jeffery Aroma. His hybrid style of catch-as-catch-can and high flying caught the attention of SWF scouts and he was signed to be a part of RIPW in February of 2021.
  • R.W. Vega - Whitehead is an October 2019 graduate of the Rocky Mountain School of Wrestling who came to prominence playing the conceited, appearance-obsessed partner of Sgt. Bison. Both men were signed to RIPW in September of 2020 [though Bison has made his way back to CWL].
Unread 05-08-2019, 09:10 PM
All Star

Default SNSM Ep 78

Available on the Synergy Network, Southern States TV, & Hawaii 50
Week 3, December 2022.
Filmed at: The Irvine Hall [Mid South, USA]
In Attendance: 5,000 [SELL OUT]
Rating: .55 [413,520 viewers]
Commentators: Michaels Riggs, Ricky Dale Johnson, Jasmine Saunders

MR: Hello and welcome to another exciting and thrill packed edition of Saturday Night Slammasters. We are coming to you from the sold out Irvine Hall in Kansas. Tonight former North of the Border Pro Wrestling Canadian Tag Team Champions make their Continental Wrestling League debuts as The Fighting Irish take on the European Stretching Crew in our opening contest. Masked Stranger makes his debut in our main event when he takes on The Second Generation Superstar Cameron Vessey. All that and so much more!

Quote:

Ross Henry comes to the ring to start this episode of Saturday Night Slammasters. He is all smiles as he takes a microphone.

RH: At Thanksgiving Thunder, I beat another hand picked GWC opponent. I beat the incredibly talented Jay Chord. So now I’ve beaten Jay Chord. I’ve been Gino Montero. Surely I have done enough to earn an opportunity at the GWC World’s Heavyweight Championship -- so Ms. Hunter, please. Come to this ring and in front of all of these fans give me the news that I deserve.

It takes a few moments -- it’s not like Hailey was sitting in the gorilla position, but she does walk out onto the stage.

HH: Ross, you’ve really got to stop coming to the ring to have these conversations. These are conversations that are meant to happen in private, not in the public eye.

RH: I don’t want to hide anything from the fans. I want them to know what I know as soon as I know it.

HH: Fine. But yes, I spoke to the GWC Committee earlier this week. I lobbied very hard on your behalf, but they said they’re not ready to give you a shot at the World’s Title just yet.

RH: What!?! Why not?

HH: They say that you’ve only beaten two competitors -- and both of those competitors are North America-based competitors and ones who have appeared in the CWL before. They want to see you in an international match against someone who has never competed in the CWL before.

RH: So who do they want me to wrestle?

HH: They want you to face reigning GWC World’s Junior Heavyweight Champion, former UEW Nations Champion and two time UEW Tag Team Champion Marcello Ricci at Christmas Chaos. Marcello also wants to move up to the heavyweight ranks to challenge for the World’s Heavyweight Title and I have been told that this match is officially for an opportunity in January at the World’s Heavyweight Champion. So at Christmas Chaos, it will be you, Ross Henry versus Marcello Ricci. The winner will face the winner of Tetsunori Yasuda and Kozue Kawashima for the World’s Heavyweight Championship.

Ross Henry looks incredibly disappointed to find that he’s got to go through another match to earn the shot that he wants to earn, but he nods his head.

RH: Okay. One more match. One more win -- and then.. The World’s Heavyweight Championship will be defended in the CWL once more and I will have that opportunity. I can’t wait.

Opening Match
Tag Team Match
Fifteen Minute Time Limit

The Fighting Irish versus The European Stretching Crew

In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, Nigel Svensson and Pavel Vanzycha defeated The Fighting Irish in 12:27 when Nigel Svensson defeated Jason O'Conner by submission with a Hyper Extension Arm Lock.

Quote:

Primus Allen, Matty Faith and Ranger cut a promo hyping their upcoming six man match with Scythe, Hellion and Torment.

Singles Match

“The Flow” Skip Beau versus “The Omega Man” Harvey Robbinfield

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Harvey Robbinfield defeated Skip Beau in 7:23 by pinfall with an Omega Driver.

Quote:

AS: I’m sure you’ve all been wondering where I’ve been. Why haven’t I been on TV as much? Where has the great Alicia Strong been? The truth is -- I’ve been all over the world. Last week, I wrestled Killer Kass in North of the Border Pro Wrestling. Next week, I have a match scheduled against Fuyuko Higa in Mexico City -- the winner of that will be defending the World Women’s Championship on the very first Stardom show against Chiyeko Kita. When I’m not defending the World Women’s Championship, I’m training for the next defense. I’m in constant fight camp mode -- it’s the life of a World’s Champion and I am a World’s Champion. Right now I’m the longest reigning World’s Champion in the GWC. I’m the face of Women’s Wrestling all across the planet. The next time you see me in a CWL ring, you’ll pay big money because you’ll understand that you’re seeing the absolute best.

Singles Match

Dan Stone III versus “The Man Without Fear” Sonny Wildside

In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, Dan Stone III defeated Sonny Wildside in 8:54 by pinfall.

Main Event
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Masked Stranger versus “The Second Generation Superstar” Cameron Vessey w/ Lisa Bowen

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Cameron Vessey defeated Masked Stranger in 14:25 by pinfall with a Vessey Driver II.

Overall

Unread 05-08-2019, 09:25 PM
All Star

Full Card

North American Heavyweight Championship: Greg Keith vs. "The Supreme Star" Spencer Spade (c) w/ Lisa Bowen
Comments:

GWC Special Challenge: "The Boss" Ross Henry vs. "Milan" Marcello Ricci
Comments:

GWC World Six Man Championship: Primus Allen & The Mission vs. The Fallen (c) w/ Father Grim
Comments:

Grudge Match: Matthew Keith vs. "Flawless" Franklin Rush w/ Lisa Bowen
Comments:

United States Championship: "The Second Generation Superstar" Cameron Vessey w/ Lisa Bowen vs. "Lionheart" Funkaoshi (c)
Comments:

North American Women's Championship: Harriet Blais vs. Jaime Quine (c)
Comments:

North American Tag Team Championship: The European Stretching Crew vs. Homegrown (c)
Comments:

Quote:
Author's Note: Thank you to everyone who voted for this diary and for me in the Diary of the Year awards. While ultimately I'm writing about a game and it is inconsequential to life, I write this for enjoyment and for other people to enjoy the stories I'm telling and the universe I'm building, the feedback [both positive and negative] provides the knowledge that I'm doing something right. The eleven awards for this diary and myself tells me that you are ultimately enjoying what I'm doing and I'm glad. Thank you. This is, after all, a hobby and my outlet from the stressors of day to day life [and my break from both work and other writing projects]. Plus, it's probably the only place I'll ever get to play booker to an audience, so there's that. We're almost to the end of 2022! Just this show and the last SNSM of the year before 2023 is here.
Unread 05-08-2019, 10:24 PM
Rookie

Full Card

North American Heavyweight Championship: Greg Keith vs. "The Supreme Star" Spencer Spade (c) w/ Lisa Bowen
Comments: Not yet, Petal

Comments: The story dictates it - it's a must.

GWC World Six Man Championship: Primus Allen & The Mission vs. The Fallen (c) w/ Father Grim
Comments: I call Kevin Jones and have some dubious decision.

Comments: Excuse to lose. No excuse for loss.

United States Championship: "The Second Generation Superstar" Cameron Vessey w/ Lisa Bowen vs. "Lionheart" Funkaoshi (c)
Comments: I don't see a reason to make the switch. So why make a switch. US Title doesn't seem to have much story - or the story elements are too subtle and I'm too dumb.

Comments:No change necessary.

North American Tag Team Championship: The European Stretching Crew vs. Homegrown (c)
Comments: A lot was put in Homegrown keep belts when they didn't seem like it was an investment. ESC aren't taking them yet. Still can't stand the name Homegrown.

I'm done.
Unread 05-09-2019, 01:13 AM
All Star

Comments: one more defence here

Comments: unless there is a plan to turn him heel through gradual frustration I see him going over here

Comments: 50/50 but suspect they will retain

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Congratulations and well deserved on your year awards success
Unread 05-09-2019, 05:29 AM
Super Star

Congratulations, you deserve every DotY award you've won, The Climb has been one of the best diaries around and you've done a great job yourself.

Comments: It's happening. Greg succeeds where Matthew failed and the brothers have a prsonal feud over the title

Comments: Ricci is a hot prospect in all my saves and I can only imagine he's developed much by this point. The story is about Henry though and I doubt Ricci has the pop to win here

Comments: Feud just began and everyone needs to be kept busy for a while until other opportunities are available

Comments: Rush is strong in his return, plus this plays into the main event

United States Championship: "The Second Generation Superstar" Cameron Vessey w/ Lisa Bowen vs. "Lionheart" Funakoshi (c)
Comments: Pay the man

Comments: Not yet there, Harriet

Comments: As mentioned in an earlier narrative, Homegrown are your top (only?) face tag team, so they stay strong and face off against various heel crews
Unread 05-09-2019, 07:56 AM
Major League

Comments: Spades reign is coming to an end but not here. Not yet

Comments: I bet against Henry last time, I won’t be making that mistake again

Comments: This feud isn’t over but The fallen retain for now

Comments: Rush wins his first match back due to dubious circumstances and the Keith boys troubles with Bowen Services continues

Comments: Funkaoshi is on too good of a roll

Comments: New render, new champion!

Comments: Homegrown continue to dominate
Unread 05-09-2019, 12:21 PM
Major League

Simply amazing stuff! I had to finally get all caught up again and I am so happy I did. By far my favorite diary I have ever read! Great job!

Comments: Even though I could see Greg getting the win, Spencer is on fire, plus I know he is awesome on the mic, and between him and Lisa they will do anything to get the win.

Comments: His story wouldn't be complete unless he gets the win and challenges for the GWC title.

Comments: I doubt Primus will take the win, but the Fallen are my favorite and they need to keep the belts to look dominant and keep that going.

Comments: I really can't see Matt losing, I don't know Franklin's pop either, but I doubt it's anywhere near Matt's. Plus Matt needs the win more.

Comments: Funkaoshi seems to be doing really good as champ, but Cameron could use the belt more I think. Plus Lisa will make sure her client wins.

Comments: I see Jamie continue to reign as champ, she is doing too good to lose it right now.

Comments: They just got the title, and I am liking what I am seeing from the European Stretching Crew, they just don't seem ready for the belts yet. Homegrown seems to eventually be better off as single stars but are doing good together, so I'd like to see them stay tags until some openings in the main event scene are there.
Unread 05-09-2019, 01:01 PM
Minor League

Comments: I still think this is coming down to Henry vs. Spade, maybe in a "unification" match once Henry takes the GWC Title.

Comments: Henry is on a collision course for the title, and Ricci (while probably a damn good wrestler at this point) isn't there to beat Henry.

Comments: The Fallen continue with the belts (and the feud) as the faces need something to keep them occupied for the time being.

Comments: Not sure this happens, but I think Rush gets a Bowen Services-assisted win to cement his spot on the roster and further a Keith Brothers/Bowen Services feud that is bubbling up.

Comments: I am surprised that Vessey isn't the pick, but Funkaoshi has done good work, and deserves the run here.

Comments: Not happening.

Comments: The ESC got built up to lose here, but Homegrown need to find a true team they can feud with that isn't just a reboot of a Rejects/Homegrown feud.

I miss David Stone and his heroics. I really thought he was destined to run with the big boys after his title run was done, but he has been stuck on TV trying to carry his "family" through a mini-feud.
Unread 05-09-2019, 01:05 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJay2003 View Post
I miss David Stone and his heroics. I really thought he was destined to run with the big boys after his title run was done, but he has been stuck on TV trying to carry his "family" through a mini-feud.
He'll be back in a featured spot soon. With him being so young still, I didn't want to push him to the full-blown top too quickly, so he had his really hot push and then got to cool down a bit before I heat him back up. He will get heated back up though.
Unread 05-09-2019, 01:55 PM
Minor League

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments: I just really like them, not even sure I think they'll win
Unread 05-10-2019, 10:54 AM

Comments: So i think i've been confused this whole time... Is Ross going after the GWC title?! I thought he was building towards a rematch with Spencer! So in light of that revelation, Greg takes the title following botched interference as i don't think the Gold Rush winner should fall for what everyone else has succumbed to.

Comments: Ross secures his title shot at whoever the GWC champion is! (Who is it?!)

Comments: A solid win for The Fallen.

Comments: Never a fan of a returning star losing in their first match as it deflates their impact.

Comments: I do think Funkaoshi is warming this up for someone else, just not Cameron!

Comments: Nuff said.

Comments: Homegrown is going to need to string together some wins now whilst new face teams emerge.

You're entering December now right? Have you considered some year-end fan votes? Similar to NXT or something, might add some interesting dynamics in narratives!
Unread 05-10-2019, 02:08 PM
Phenom

Love the match poster. My favorite diary to follow.

Comments: Spade retains but probably by DQ

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:
Unread 05-10-2019, 04:53 PM
Rookie

Comments: Another DQ victory to lead to a Keith Brother tag match against Spade & Matty Faith, then another two title matches.

Comments: No point to the story if Henry doesn't at least get a title shot.

Comments: The more thematically congruent team keeps the belts.

Comments: Post-match beat down on Keith from Rush and Matty Faith.

Comments: Gotta love the Lionheart.

Comments: Quine continues her tear.

Comments: Big upset title change to start the show.
Unread 05-11-2019, 11:50 AM
All Star

Default Christmas Chaos 2022

Saturday Week 4, December 2022
Live at Theatre of Dreams [North West, USA]
Available on the Synergy Network & Southern States TV, Hawaii 50
In Attendance: 9,758
Rating: .74 [561,040 viewers]
Commentators: Michaels Riggs, Ricky Dale Johnson, Jasmine Saunders

MR: Hello everyone and welcome to Continental Wrestling League’s presentation of Christmas Chaos. We are coming to you live from the Theatre of Dreams, where almost ten thousand fans have filled the building to witness what promises to be a great night of professional wrestling. Before we get into that, I am joined in the broadcast booth by legendary World Champion, Ricky Dale Johnson and one of the smartest historians of the sport, Jasmine Saunders.

RDJ: Thank you for that introduction Michael. I am very excited for the night of professional wrestling we have in store. There are five title matches tonight -- including the World Six Man Championship in what might be the most competitive six man tag team match to happen in North America in quite some time as the Fallen put the titles on the line against former GWC World Tag Team Champions, The Mission, and Primus Allen.

JS: That should be an excellent match up in a night filled with excellent match ups. Ross Henry has been promised that if he defeats Marcello Ricci tonight, he will earn himself an opportunity at the GWC World Heavyweight Championship. Will Ross Henry be the first CWL wrestler to earn an opportunity to challenge for the GWC World’s Championship?

Opening Match
Tag Team Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit

The European Stretching Crew versus Homegrown ©

A good opening tag team contest. They weren’t trying to have the best match of the night, but were trying to have a good, hard hitting contest that let the crowd see the capabilities of the European Stretching Crew while making sure Homegrown looked like the dangerous babyface team that they are as champions. Nigel Svensson in particularly looked really good in this contest as the Swede hit several wicked running European Uppercuts that rocked both Puder and Yoder. Puder was able to hit Vanzycha with the Patriot Powerslam and secure the third defense of the North American Tag Team Titles for his team.

Homegrown defeated Nigel Svensson and Pavel Vanzycha in 13:56 when Clyde Puder defeated Pavel Vanzycha by pinfall with a Patriot Powerslam. Homegrown make defence number 3 of their CWL North American Tag Team titles.

In terms of in-ring work, Jakob Yoder was head and shoulders above everyone else.

Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit

Harriet Blais versus Jaime Quine ©

A really excellent match here. Quine continued her streak of excellent title defenses and newcomer Harriet Blais showed that she really belonged in the mix with the top women in the organization. Lucy Stone-McFly came to ringside near the end of the match and it distracted Blais -- who has been feuding with the third generation wrestler. Blais turned around and caught a K.O. Kick from the champion.

Jaime Quine defeated Harriet Blais in 12:08 by pinfall with a K.O. Kick after a distraction from Lucy Stone-McFly. Jaime Quine makes defence number 7 of her CWL North American Women's title.

Quote:

GK: When you’re screaming in pain tonight, begging to be let out of the Proton Lock, begging for relief, I want you to remember two words Spencer. I Quit.. That’s all you have to say. Or tap your hand on the mat over and over again and it will be over. I’m going to hurt you, Spencer. It’s just the fact of the matter. I’m going to break your body and your spirit and I’m going to leave as North American Heavyweight Champion.

Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit

“The Second Generation Superstar” Cameron Vessey w/ Lisa Bowen versus “Lionheart” Funakoshi ©

Funakoshi has been on fire since coming to CWL and Vessey is one of the most proven competitors. The two men had an excellent wrestling contest that showcased Funakoshi’s heart and toughness while also showcasing Vessey’s skill as a wrestler. This was a back and forth match with neither man able to dominate for any long stretches. Vessey went for a Vessey Driver II but Funakoshi slipped off his back and hit him with the Butterfly Backbreaker.

Funakoshi defeated Cameron Vessey in 17:20 by pinfall with a Butterfly Backbreaker. Funakoshi makes defence number 4 of his CWL United States title.

Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit

Matthew Keith versus “Flawless” Franklin Rush w/ Lisa Bowen

This was a match designed to tell a very simple story. Matthew Keith was pissed off and Franklin Rush was trying to avoid him. Keith was the aggressor throughout the match and several times he came close to getting himself disqualified. A little interference from Lisa Bowen created an opening for Franklin Rush to hit the Flawlessplex and get a victory in his first match back in CWL.

Franklin Rush defeated Matthew Keith in 13:52 by pinfall after Lisa Bowen interfered.

Six Man Tag
Thirty Minute Time Limit

Primus Allen & The Mission versus The Fallen © w/ Father Grim

This was a tremendous six man tag, easily the best six man tag the GWC has ever seen. All six men were on top of their game -- five of them are former SWF prospects who know each other very well and the other was a TCW standout. It went back and forth -- with Allen and company coming out on fire early on but the Fallen taking control through the middle of the match. Allen took back control and it was he and Scythe in the ring, but Scythe got a hand around Allen’s throat for a choke and would not release the hold by the five count of Darren Smith and the Fallen ended up being disqualified -- so they lost but they kept the World Six Man Titles.

Primus Allen and The Mission defeated The Fallen (Scythe, Hellion and Torment) in 15:32 when Scythe was disqualified while fighting Primus Allen.

Semi-Main Event
Singles Match
Forty-Five Minute Time Limit
GWC Special Challenge Match

“The Boss” Ross Henry versus “Milan” Marcello Ricci

This was a match designed to showcase Ross Henry. Marcello Ricci came to the ring with the GWC World Junior Heavyweight Championship -- because he is currently the World Junior Heavyweight Champion and with Ross Henry being a heavyweight, he had a clear size and strength advantage. Ricci had several moments where he looked good in the match, but ultimately the power of Henry was too much and an Earthquake Powerslam sealed the deal.

Ross Henry defeated Marcello Ricci in 13:41 by pinfall with an Earthquake Powerslam.

Quote:

SS: I beat Matthew last month, now I’m about to beat Greg and who knows, maybe next year Daddy Keith will want to come out of retirement so I can whoop his ass. I don’t know how many times I have to say it, how many times I have to make it clear -- but I am the best sports entertainer on the planet. Greg Keith is a hell of a professional wrestler -- a great one, but he’s not in the same league as me. No one here in CWL, hell, no one in this business is. I’m the standard bearer. I’m The Supreme Star and tonight Greg Keith will become just another person to get stunned by that knowledge.

Main Event
Singles Match
Sixty Minute Time Limit

Greg Keith versus “The Supreme Star” Spencer Spade © w/ Lisa Bowen

MR: It is time for our main event of the evening. Greg Keith. Spencer Spade.The North American Heavyweight Championship on the line. This should be something special. Ricky, you’ve been a champion and a challenger before. How do you see this match going? How is Greg going to wrestle a different match than his brother Matthew? What does Spencer need to do to make sure he holds onto the Championship?

RDJ: Well first, Matthew and Greg are similar in that they’re both technicians, but they work in a different way. Matthew is the bigger athlete, the more powerful wrestler. Matthew likes to have distance between his opponent and himself. Matthew wants to be able to hit the big strike, the big suplex -- the moves you need some distance to be able to hit correctly. Greg likes to work in close. He uses short strikes. In Mixed Martial Arts, it’s called “Dirty Boxing.” He likes to work holds -- Matthew likes to use suplexes. Greg will wear you down by taking our your legs and keeping you on the mat with a more catch-as-catch-can style of technical wrestling.

For Spencer to win this match, he has to create the distance. Spade is a much more all around competitor. He can do a bit of everything. He needs to brawl. He needs this to be a match of fists and feet and not hold for hold. If it goes hold for hold, his chances to retain drop significantly down, but if he can make it a brawl and keep the pace up, his chances to retain significantly go up.

JS: It’s also important to mention that Greg has proven himself to be a big match competitor in a variety of situations. He’s the only person to win the Rip Chord Invitational, Gold Rush, Oxford Invitational, and Sam Keith Classic. Not only was he a successful Mid Atlantic Heavyweight Champion, but he also won gold in Golden Canvas Grappling before he joined his brother in Burning Hammer. He won Gold Rush this past August -- and had to win four matches in two days to do it. He doesn’t shrink from the spotlight.

MR: Are you trying to say that his brother shrinks when the spotlight is on?

JS: I’m saying they have two different resumes. Matthew is an incredibly talented performer, but he’s never won a singles tournament and he hasn’t held a Heavyweight Championship in his career. Greg has. I think Greg might be in a better position to defeat Spencer Spade than his brother was -- just statistically speaking.

Greg Keith was the first to come out to the ring. While his brother tends to make more spectacular entrances and be naturally gifted at the entertainment aspect of the professional wrestling business, Greg’s entrance looked much more like a fighter coming to the ring for a big fight. His fists were taped up. He had a Greg Keith t-shirt on to go with his shorts, knee pads, and boots. It is a different look than we get from Matthew and his trunks.

Spade’s entrance was everything you would expect for a guy who cut his teeth in the Eisen system. He and Lisa continue to make quite the pairing. Unlike his match against Matthew, Spencer was wearing the North American Heavyweight Championship around his waist as opposed to letting Lisa hold it. He walked to the ring like a man who knew he was about to be in a war -- a war for his championship.

Senior CWL Official Darren Smith was in the center of the ring for the pre match instructions.

DS: “Greg and Spencer -- we have a North American Heavyweight Championship match here. Both of you are elite competitors and I expect you to conduct yourselves as such. I want a good clean wrestling match. Stay away from the eyes. Don’t pull the hair. Don’t intentionally strike the groin. No foreign objects. I will give you some leeway because this is a Heavyweight Championship match and I want you two to handle your business in the ring. Obey my instructions at all times. Defend yourself at all times. You have sixty minutes. Let’s have a good match. To your corners.”

Both men retreated to their corners and Darren Smith checked both grapplers for concealed objects. Both men were clean. He took the North American Heavyweight Championship from Spencer Spade and came to the center of the ring. He held the Championship above his head in the center of the ring. This one is for all of the marbles. Both men look as serious as can be. They know what is at stake. Smith asked men if they were ready. They nodded their heads to say they were and he called for the bell.

The match started off slow. Neither man had been in the ring with the other before and while both are students of the game, neither wanted to be the first to make a major mistake. They circled each other around the center of the ring. After about a minute and a half they met in the center of the ring for the classic collar and elbow tie up and we were off to the races.

The early minutes of the match were a showcase of Greg Keith and his technical ability. It started with some chain wrestling that Greg Keith came out on top of each time. Keith transitioned from the collar-and-elbow to a standing side headlock that Spade worked his way out of for a standing wrist lock that Keith countered into an overhead wrist lock that Spade countered into a hammerlock that Keith countered into a hammerlock and then took back to a side headlock and then to a side headlock takeover. It was clear in these early minutes that while Spade is a very talented wrestler, when it comes to hold-for-hold wrestling, Greg Keith is the superior grappler.

After several minutes of being able to mount no offense, Spencer Spade was clearly frustrated. On a standing break where Spade had been back into the ropes, Spade launched a closed-fist punch right at the jaw of Greg Keith. Keith stumbled away and dropped to a knee while referee Darren Smith reprimanded Spade for the illegal closed fist and told him that if he continued to use them he’d be disqualified. Spade apologized profusely and then launched into an attack on Greg Keith.

Spade was in control for quite awhile and worked a slow, methodical pace in trying to break down the challenger. Much like against Matthew Keith last month, Spade targeted the neck of his opponent. Greg Keith, like his brother, uses the Proton Lock as his primary hold to finish opponents and it is a hold that relies heavily on the wrestler’s bridge -- which relies heavily on being able to support your weight on your neck and head. Spade hit a series of neckbreakers -- including a wicked one where he lifted Greg Keith in the air for a suplex and then dropped him neck first onto his neck -- that led to a near fall.

Several times Keith fought to regain control of the match -- and did twice -- but the effects of Spade’s assault on his neck kept him from maintaining a lot of offense. Spade hit a stalling brainbuster and followed that up with a cover that only got a two. From there, he locked in a submission hold -- a rarity for Spencer Spade but one that shows he has really been training for this contest. The hold? A seated dragon sleeper that put a lot of torque onto an already weakened and targeted neck.

Spade wrenched it in, tugging back on head and neck and really stretching them out. Keith was in a world of trouble, but he managed to roll his body so that he had Spade’s shoulders pinned to the mat and Spade had to release the hold to avoid being pinned and losing the championship.

Spade went to get back to his feet and came charging in at Greg Keith who ducked and got behind Spade. A quick, shallow German Suplex without a bridge followed -- dumping Spade on the back of his head. Spade looked stunned and Keith was back on the attack -- this time targeting the leg of Spencer Spade. The Proton Lock is, by and large, a hold that focuses on the knees and small of the back of an opponent even with the bridge from the necklock. Keith hit several successive dragon screws -- trying to wrench the knee from its normal place and potentially tearing some ligaments and tendons in the knee. Keith backed up and got ready to charge Spade, but Lisa Bowen wrapped her hands around his ankle. Keith yanked his boot away and turned to yell at her. She backed up with her hands up but when he turned around, Spade was there with a kick to the gut and a Supreme Stunner.

Spencer Spade defeated Greg Keith in 27:48 by pinfall with a Supreme Stunner. Spencer Spade makes defence number 7 of his CWL North American Heavyweight title.

Overall