Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-28-2017, 06:45 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHero View Post
It was only the US that was nearly done and the last 2% was the last remaining unemployed workers and some new workers. Rest of the world needed/needs to be hammered into place which is a lengthy issue.

Maybe. As a whole, it's annoyingly nearly unplayable (by my own impossibly high standards).
Is it an idea that could be revived if you had some extra help working on it? I need a hobby and love the Thunderverse.
Unread 12-28-2017, 11:16 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markw View Post
Is it an idea that could be revived if you had some extra help working on it? I need a hobby and love the Thunderverse.
Maybe. This so far has been a solo MHero work. I'll reassess when work and personal struggles aettle down. It might live on.
Unread 12-29-2017, 03:01 PM
Super Star

I don't know if you're planning to create a 1.05 for this data at any point, but if you do I have a few small things that could use adjusting that I noticed while playing a DIASPORA game.

1. Zodiac & Sairento start off as the Junior Tag Team Champions, but aren't set up as a tag team in the data.

2. In the data Ukon Kajahara is set up to have a HONOUR specific tag team with Nobusuke Takabe, which is odd because Takabe is a LETHAL lifer who has never been in a promotion with him. I'm fairly certain this is a case of the wrong Nobu being selected, and he's meant to be in a tag team with fellow HONOUR member Nobuhisa Yasutake.

3. New Solution and HUSTLE Umiro have no US popularity despite them all having extended runs in DRAGON and being multi-time champions. This normally wouldn't be a big deal since they're working full time in Japan now, but with the alliance between DRAGON and DIASPORA they become much less useful as part of trade deals if they don't have name value in the US.

4. Rick Thunder is on the roster. There is clearly some kind of mistake.
Unread 01-01-2018, 08:33 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious4 View Post
I don't know if you're planning to create a 1.05 for this data at any point, but if you do I have a few small things that could use adjusting that I noticed while playing a DIASPORA game.

1. Zodiac & Sairento start off as the Junior Tag Team Champions, but aren't set up as a tag team in the data.

The idea is that they're representing Silver Kings more than being an actual named tag team. DG have a few teams like this in their title history - Dragon Kid & PAC, Naruki Doi & Ricochet etc.

2. In the data Ukon Kajahara is set up to have a HONOUR specific tag team with Nobusuke Takabe, which is odd because Takabe is a LETHAL lifer who has never been in a promotion with him. I'm fairly certain this is a case of the wrong Nobu being selected, and he's meant to be in a tag team with fellow HONOUR member Nobuhisa Yasutake.

Fixed for 1.05.

3. New Solution and HUSTLE Umiro have no US popularity despite them all having extended runs in DRAGON and being multi-time champions. This normally wouldn't be a big deal since they're working full time in Japan now, but with the alliance between DRAGON and DIASPORA they become much less useful as part of trade deals if they don't have name value in the US.

Fixed for 1.05.

4. Rick Thunder is on the roster. There is clearly some kind of mistake.

You would think but nope, ol Ricky T is where he is meant to be.
Answers in quote.
Unread 01-01-2018, 01:59 PM
Living Legend

Second post has been updated so that it's on data 1.05. It's nothing major, literally about six fixes to it but the main issue is to clear the 1.04 confusion so everyone from this point on will have the same data.
Unread 01-18-2018, 01:53 PM

Hey MHero, I am looking at the Free Pics, and I don't see them located in the file. Is there somewhere else to go to get these Free Pics?
Unread 01-18-2018, 04:12 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misawa619 View Post
Hey MHero, I am looking at the Free Pics, and I don't see them located in the file. Is there somewhere else to go to get these Free Pics?
uhhhhh, let me get back to you on that one. I think I might have knocked something loose.
Unread 01-19-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
uhhhhh, let me get back to you on that one. I think I might have knocked something loose.
Sorry if I confused you. I meant to say, when I was doing some database addition stuff, it says that there is over 1000 free pics. But when I was looking in the picture folder for people, there were no free pics in the folder beside the basic grey blank defaults. So I didn't know if there was somewhere else go download the free pics, or if there was a mistake, or maybe I missed something. Just wanted to be sure.
Unread 01-20-2018, 12:41 PM
Low Minors

Just downloaded version 5 and i am missing the pics for Bamph, Blackbird, Carniebal, Clive Carpenter and Twinkle
Unread 01-28-2018, 07:18 PM

Just wanted to thank you for the work you put in. I downloaded the demo for TEW 2016, and immediately searched for a TVerse update. Loved playing it for 13, usually in 2-3 player mode (which I always wind up doing for spurts in TEW for some reason), but unlike the CVerse and other mods, with your mod I always find myself straying from my usual go-to set-up (1 sports entertainment, 1 traditional, 1 modified by myself). Typically pick The Club, Wrestlasaurus, and PWSUX with this one.

I do have one quibble that I had with the 13 version, though:

The PR promotions having a "lucha libre" product in the Mexican sense. As someone with family from both areas who grew up watching both styles (along with the mainland US stuff), while it's called lucha in PR it really isn't all that similar to Mexican lucha libre at all and bears more of a resemblance to the mainland US stuff overall. Characters aren't as "colorful", there's far less masks, less gymnastics, and there's a bit more "edge" and roughness to both the in-ring and outside-the-ring product. For a while there it was basically southern-style "rasslin'" with a more hardcore edge (the most common mask was a crimson mask ), and over the years with the heavy WWF/E influence quite a bit of that style of sports entertainment creeped in as well. Granted, there's been some Mexican style luchadores over the years in the PR promotions (and vice versa), but not enough to be anything more than a relatively minor influence that simply provides the occasional change of pace from the norms of those areas' scenes.

I mean, it's a relatively small quibble I chalk up to this being an alternate universe, but it kinda stands out to me with my background and all. I've never played as either of the PR promotions in the game (and now that I think of it I might not have done that with any of the universes), but I gather if I do I'd greatly decrease the lucha libre aspect of the product and greatly increase the hardcore aspect.

Other than that, though, like I stated, really loving it so far just as I enjoyed it in 13. Might have to shell out for 16 after all....
Unread 02-11-2018, 07:29 AM
Rookie

Quote:
it seems as if the free pictures are not in the folder for the 1.05 download. any chance to get them?
Unread 02-11-2018, 09:30 PM

Anyone have a free picture pac for incoming workers? I mainly wanted to see if anyone had a Brock Lesnar that I seen back in the day or any other menancing characters? Thanks in advance
Unread 02-19-2018, 09:24 AM
Low Minors

Any advice on booking Prophecy as the authority figure in HCG? He's got incredible entertainment skills, but I'm struggling on how to book him.
Unread 02-28-2018, 07:11 PM

Any chance on getting Shawn Brockman back? Or maybe a picture to input

Last edited by Pacable : 02-28-2018 at 07:18 PM.
Unread 02-28-2018, 08:03 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacable View Post
Any chance on getting Shawn Brockman back? Or maybe a picture to input
I don’t know if there was ever an updated or different pic for Brockman but I have this one from the tew 13 version of the mod