All Star

Default SNSM Ep 85

Available on the Synergy Network, Southern States TV, & Hawaii 50
Week 2, February 2023.
Filmed at: War Memorial Auditorium [Mid West, USA]
In Attendance: 2,000 [SELL OUT]
Rating: .61 [464,750 viewers]
Commentators: Michaels Riggs, Ricky Dale Johnson, Jasmine Saunders

MR: Hello and welcome to another exciting and thrill packed edition of Saturday Night Slammasters. We are coming to you from the sold out War Memorial Auditorium. Last week we found out that there will be two blockbuster matches. Ross Henry will challenge Kozue Kawashima for the World Heavyweight Championship and for the first time ever, CWL will present a Steel Cage Warfare match up between Bowen Services and the team of Riley McManus, Homegrown, and The Keith Brothers. If Bowen Services win, they get a host of title opportunities. If they lose -- they have to disband. Tonight though, Funakoshi defends the United States Championship in our main event.

RDJ: Funakoshi has estasblished himself as a fighting champion since he debuted in CWL and won the United States Championship. He has remained undefeated since joining CWL -- racking up successful title defense after title defense. Tonight he has Swedish Strong Style, Nigel Svennson. Will his winning streak continue? Or will the Swedish grappler prove to have Funakoshi's number?

Opening Match
Tag Team Match
Fifteen Minute Time Limit

The Cummos versus The Stone Breakers

In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, The Cummos defeated Hugh Ancrie and Robby Griffin in 9:59 when Luis Cummo defeated Robby Griffin by pinfall with a Giant Crusher.

Robby Griffin was the weak link, struggling to keep up with everyone else's in-ring performance.

Singles Match

KC Glenn versus “The Man Without Fear” Sonny Wildside

In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, KC Glenn defeated Sonny Wildside in 10:45 by pinfall with a Tune Up The Sunshine Band.

Quote:

AS: Amber Allen, you want to dance with the greatest one more time? That's fine. I've never backed down from a challenge, I've never ran from an opportunity to prove myself the best and I'm not going to start today. You and I... World Women's Championship. No Law or Order 8. You'll find out that no matter how good you think you are, you're not as good as me. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not ever.

Singles Match

Foxxy LaRue versus Harriet Blais

In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, Foxxy LaRue defeated Harriet Blais in 9:51 by pinfall with a Flash Head Kick.

Quote:

BT: Foxxy LaRue... I've been told you're my first challenger. At No Law or Order, it will be you and I for the North American Women's Championship. I will break you.

Quote:

Funakoshi is in the ring about to compete. Before the match starts, Alexander Vasquez comes down to the ringside area, apparently scouting his future opponent. Funakoshi does not look happy about it, and appears somewhat distracted too.

Main Event
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

“Swedish Strong Style” Nigel Svensson versus “Lionheart” Funakoshi ©

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Funakoshi defeated Nigel Svensson in 16:48 by pinfall with a Butterfly Backbreaker. Funakoshi makes defence number 6 of his CWL United States title.

Overall