View Single Post
Unread 01-12-2019, 02:56 PM
Hall of Fame

SEPTEMBER 2017, WEEK 4...

Show Rating: 86

[b]Announce Team:

Peter Michaels and Tom Townsend

We picked up where we left off from last week to kick off the show, with a re-cap of Romy DaLay's huge blockbuster announcement that rocked NOTBPW to it's very core... General Manager Alex DeColt has a SON... Which he knew about, but not many people did... He fathered Romy's 25 year old son when the pair were just 17... and Alex's son happens to be Robin DaLay's best friend Logan!! How different would Alex DeColt's career have been if it had become common knowledge that was a young father... How different could Logan's have been so far...?! Alex isn't here tonight... He's meeting with lawyers to 'deal with' the Romy/Logan situation... According to Romy, Alex owes her a LOT of money... A tag team at the centre of the story, Bad Reputation, currently still hold the NOTBPW Tag Team Titles... and they kicked off the in-ring action tonight...

w/
Bad Reputation (Dan DaLay & Derek Frost) (c) w/ Robin DaLay [vs] Primed For Progress (Cameron Vessey & Christian Price)

Incredible way to kick things off tonight, with two tag teams who have great chemistry as opponents. Dan DaLay and Derek Frost have been wrestling a long time, but they were up against youngsters who also posses bags of experience in Cameron Vessey and Christian Price! Vessey and Price also have Cameron's Uncle Bryan Vessey, and their friends Edd Stone and Tim Westybrook, who all showed up late on to 'support' their friends. Robin DaLay tried to stop them getting involved, but he couldn't stop them all on his own. For the finish, Derek Frost was caught with Christian Price's 'Stud Stopper' Stunner after the veteran was distracted by antics on the outside of the ring, and we had new Tag Team Champions!!

Winners: and NEW NOTBPW Tag Team Champions: Primed For Progress (Cameron Vessey & Christian Price)
Rating: 82
Finish: 'Stud Stopper' Stunner

After the match, a battered and bruised Dan DaLay grabbed a microphone... He had something to say to Alex DeColt, and his brother Jack DeColt, after the events of last week... DaLay's tag team partner Derek Frost, and his son Robin DaLay tried to stop him... They knew what trouble Dan's big mouth had gotten them all into in the past... They all got fired six months ago by Alex due to Dan's words and actions... Tonight though, he really wanted to speak to Jack DeColt!!

Dan DaLay: “I know emotions were high last week... I know the DaLays and the DeColts haven't always seen eye to eye... And I know that Alex and Romy's son Logan is supposed to 'unite' our two families... but last week, Jack DeColt attacked MY son Robin... and for that... you'll pay... This isn't a challenge, this is a promise... at October Obliteration... Jack DeColt will PAY...!!”

In a dimly lit room, the man known only as POISON was shown holding a picture of his rival: 'Awesome' Wade Orson... The two men have fought twice on pay-per-view this year... with Orson winning the first by count out, and the second by pin fall... But after the second match, POISON unleashed 'Green Mist', which he spat into Orson's eyes!! POISON followed this up with a second 'Green Mist' last week... costing Orson his Main Event battle with Jack DeColt... But POISON said he wasn't finished with the young Brit... and next month, will be their 'Final Battle'...

POISON: “I just LOVE fighting you Wade Orson... It's 'AWESOME'... So at October Obliteration... We're going to have a steel cage around the ring... and battle for the FINAL time...!!”

'The Assassin of the Squared Circle' Ernest Youngman [vs] 'Shooter' Sean Deeley

w/ Dean Waldorf and Marv Statler at ringside

Time for some 'tough love' from Sean Deeley here, as he took on his young protege Ernest Youngman in order to teach the 24 year old a lesson after some constant losses and disappointments. However, Deeley didn't account for Ernest Youngman fighting back and getting his shots in. 'The Shooter' thought he'd just beat Youngman up for a few minutes, but Youngman had other ideas. For the finish, Deeley got cocky, and he walked onto 'The Hit'! He flew across the ring and landed hard against the ropes. The crowd begged Youngman to cover his mentor, and he did, to score a historic victory!

Winner: 'The Assassin of the Squared Circle' Ernest Youngman
Rating: 81
Finish: 'The Hit' (Pounce)

That win was Ernest Youngman's first in singles competition for six months! His last win coming against Akima Brave in the first week of May 2017... That was just after he had joined up with Sean Deeley and The Ring Generals to form 'The Shooters'... Dean Waldorf and Marv Statler didn't know what to make of Youngman's victory over their leader... Youngman stormed up the ramp as The Ring Generals helped Sean Deeley to his feet... The atmosphere seemed strange between the group...

Backstage, Edd Stone, Tim Westybrook, Bryan Vessey, Cameron Vessey and Christian Price were celebrating Vessey and Price's victory from earlier in the show, where they captured the NOTBPW Tag Team Titles from Bad Reputation... But their celebrations were cut short by the arrival of 'Cut Throat' Trent Shaffer... Shaffer, who recently returned from injury, wasn't scared of the group of five... and he had some scathing words to say to them... Especially Edd Stone...

Trent Shaffer: “Really Edd...?! You're going to stand here and celebrate their win like YOU actually achieved something...?! You've been here a YEAR, and what have you done...?! One Tag Team Title reign, that lasted less than five minutes...!? Because YOU stabbed your brother in the back... Guys, if he can do that to his own brother, what could he do to you...?!”

Cameron Vessey and Christian Price wanted to rip Trent Shaffer's head off... But Edd Stone held them back, and told Shaffer to walk away... Which he did... Edd reassured his group that he was fully behind them all... He said that if he turned his back on them, he'd have four 'Animals' hunting him down... He's not that stupid... But he IS proud of Vessey and Price... He told his group that they'd get the chance to make Shaffer pay for his comments...

Los Monteros (Gino Montero & Luis Montero Jr.) [vs] Lord James King & Hugh Ancrie

Gino Montero and Luis Montero Jr. made a huge challenge last week, promising to take down The DeColt Empire by defeating Steve DeColt and Ricky DeColt at October Obliteration. Steve and Ricky are yet to accept the challenge, but if they do, it'll be a historic match! Tonight's effort against Lord James King and Hugh Ancrie was a formality really. King lead things for his team, and ordered the young Ancrie around. Late on, King went for his Brass Knuckles, but Luis Montero Jr. super kicked them off of his fist! Gino Montero then hit his 'Desinty Explosion' finisher on King and scored the victory!

Winners: Los Monteros (Gino Montero & Luis Montero Jr.)
Rating: 72
Finish: 'Destiny Explosion' (Canadian Destroyer)

Backstage, Steve DeColt and Ricky DeColt were shown watching Gino Montero and Luis Montero Jr... when Tim Weightman walked up... He asked The DeColts if they were going to accept Los Montero's challenge for October Obliteration... and they said they'd be honoured to step into the ring with the two Mexican megastars... Weightman then asked The DeColts about the Romy DaLay/Alex DeColt/Logan etc situation... they decided not to comment for now, as it's nothing to do with them... However, they did say that if it's all true, then they will welcome their new Nephew (Logan) into the family with open arms...

The American Blondes (The Natural & Solomon Gold) [vs] Mayhem (Aldous Blackfriar & Mutant)

Following an attack by Mayhem on Solomon Gold two weeks ago, Alex DeColt agreed to let Gold and The Natural take on Aldous Blackfriar and Mutant here. Aldous defeated The Natural a fortnight ago in a singles contest, but tonight, the veteran had his charismatic young tag team partner on the apron when he needed him! However, anyone coming up against Mutant at the moment, is coming up against an immovable brick wall! For the finish, Mutant sent Solomon Gold flying with a Brick Wall Clothesline that he calls 'The Tina Turner', and then Aldous locked him in the 'Batwing'!

Winners: Mayhem (Aldous Blackfriar & Mutant)
Rating: 73
Finish: 'Batwing' (Crossface Chickenwing)

Backstage, Sonny Wildside and James Hernandez were meeting to sign the contract for Hernandez's NOTBPW Television Title re-match, which is scheduled for next Saturday night at October Obliteration... Their first encounter was a brilliant Scramble Match, in which Wildside made three falls to Hernandez's zero!! At October Obliteration, it'll be a 2 Out Of 3 Falls Match... So Wildside will only need to make two falls... a fact he pointed out to Hernandez tonight... He claimed Hernandez's pick for the match stipulation was 'a stupid move'... He should have gone for a match with one fall, and then at least he can HOPE he gets lucky...

James Hernandez: “Lucky...?! YOU... want to talk about being, lucky...?! At The Scramble, you were the luckiest man alive!! You beat ME!! 'Mainstream' James Hernandez... Nobody beats me... and next week, I want you to come to the ring... and WATCH what I can do in the ring!! I KNOW you'll be impressed... and then maybe we can create a little bit of 'Fear' for you...”

'Cut Throat' Trent Shaffer [vs] Thrill Seeker

This match was on its way to being a very good one. Two fan favourites in Trent Shaffer and Thrill Seeker, who need a break due to a rough 2017 for various reasons. Shaffer has only just come back after a career threatening injury, and Seeker's tag team partner Jacob Jett is also facing a lengthy spell on the shelf at the moment. They both fought hard here, but in the end, Edd Stone, Tim Westybrook, Bryan Vessey, Cameron Vessey and Christian Price hit the ring and the referee called the match a draw!

Winner: DRAW
Rating: 78
Finish: Interference

The first thing Bryan Vessey and Tim Westybrook did was pull Thrill Seeker out of the ring, and slam him into the barricade... Edd Stone then told Cameron Vessey and Christian Price that NOW was their time to make Trent Shaffer pay for his comments earlier in the show... The new NOTBPW Tag Team Champions slid into the ring to attack, but Shaffer sent Price flying out over the top rope!! Cameron Vessey then walked onto a super kick, and he too fell out of the ring... Edd Stone slowly climbed onto the apron... glaring at Shaffer... But it was 'The Enforcer' Tim Westybrook and Bryan Vessey that slid in behind Shaffer that made an impact... In fact, Westybrook might have made a dent in the back of Shaffer's head!!

The 2 on 1 assault didn't last long, because Thrill Seeker climbed the top rope, and delivered a flying cross-body to take Tim Westybrook and Bryan Vessey down!! Christian Price and Cameron Vessey got back into the ring next though, and with Edd Stone's help, the beatdown continued... Bryan Vessey slid to the outside though, and he looked like he'd been hurt by the flying Thrill Seeker... Even without Bryan Vessey, it was still 4 on 2... and when one of the 4 is the 290lb beast Tim Westybrook, it was a very uneven fight... Things got a little bit more even though, when Aaron Andrews' music hit, and 'The Ace' made his presence felt!!

'The Animal' Edd Stone understood the importance of the situation, and he decided to leave the ring, and let his team do the heavy lifting... Tim Westybrook, Cameron Vessey and Christian Price had all taken their fair share of shots in the attack, and Vessey and Price had already competed earlier in the show, so the fresh Aaron Andrews did a great job of taking them out... He hit a brutal pump knee strike on Westybrook that sent 'The Enforcer' packing... before then slamming into Cameron Vessey with a shoulder tackle... For Christian Price, it was a 'Hot Shot' (Spanish Fly) that put him down... Trent Shaffer and Thrill Seeker stood up and were ready to join the fight... but Edd Stone pulled everyone away...

Angry Gilmore [vs] 'The Ace' Aaron Andrews

Aaron Andrews' night was far from over, because 'The Ace' was in action in tonight's Main Event against Angry Gilmore. Gilmore came up short in his last outing, as he took on 'The Monster' Gargantuan at The Scramble, so tonight he was determined to make up for it. He was up against a man who wouldn't stay down though in Aaron Andrews, and 'The Ace' took every stiff shot Gilmore threw his way! A vicious elbow late on staggered Andrews, and he was then hit with a brilliant bone shattering Spine Buster. Gilmore headed to the top rope, where he looked to hit his 'Sky High Elbow', but Andrews rushed to join him and attempted a superplex! But Gilmore delivered another stiff elbow strike, and Andrews fell backwards slowly, dropping into the perfect position. The perfect position, for Gilmore to drop from the sky and hit his 'Sky High Elbow' finisher!

Winner: Angry Gilmore
Rating: 82
Finish: 'Sky High Elbow'

After the match, Angry Gilmore got on the microphone and told the fans how much he respects Aaron Andrews... He thanked Andrews for the match, but then said it was on to bigger business... More importantly, another crack at 'The Monster' Gargantuan... But before Gilmore could finish his thoughts, 'Mighty' Danny Cavanagh marched onto the stage, and told Gilmore that he wanted to hear what he had to say... Gilmore continued... At The Scramble, Gilmore said he almost had Gargantuan beat... at October Obliteration, he wants one more shot!! Cavanagh liked what he was hearing...

Danny Cavanagh: “Yes yes yes... Yes... I like what I'm hearing... See... I KNOW... you CAN'T beat Gargantuan... You won't beat Gargantuan... But you are really really really... really... good... So I know you're going to hurt him again... You hurt him at The Scramble, and now you're going to hurt him at October Obliteration... I WANT you to hurt him... soften him up for me... Because I'M going to be the man, to stop 'The Monster'...”

Angry Gilmore didn't like what he was hearing, and once Danny Cavanagh had come to a natural end, he got on the microphone again, and asked if Cav was finished... Cavanagh said yes... Gilmore said that perhaps 'Mighty' Cavanagh wants to put his money where his mouth is... Perhaps Cavanagh and Gilmore could go 1 on 1 next week... Since Cavanagh thinks HE can beat Gargantuan, and Gilmore can't... Gilmore even suggested that if Cavanagh CAN win, Gilmore would step aside and let the big man take 'The Monster' on at October Obliteration... Danny Cavanagh wasn't interested in the challenge though... He only wants to fight Gargantuan, and won't settle for fighting anyone 'lesser'... Cavangh left the arena, and the show ended with Angry Gilmore looking, well, angry, and a little confused!!

Primed For Progress [def.] Bad Reputation
To WIN the NOTBPW Tag Team Titles
Ernest Youngman [def.] Sean Deeley
Los Monteros [def.] Lord James King & Hugh Ancrie
Mayhem [def.] The American Blondes
Trent Shaffer [def.] Thrill Seeker
Angry Gilmore [def.] Aaron Andrews

I have had NO luck with injuries in 2017!! Bryan Vessey (my September Signing, who at 46 years old, is only going to play a bit-part role, and may not even feature in a match for a while), picked up a concussion while attacking Thrill Seeker and Trent Shaffer and will miss one month of action! I've already done the graphics for October Obliteration, and he's on the picture for one of the matches (currently an unannounced match)... I also might forget that he's injured, so if he shows up during backstage segments in my write-ups, we'll just say he's allowed to do those... The mild concussion is only keeping him out of in-ring action for a month... yeah... let's say that...