Unread 09-28-2018, 12:54 PM
Major League

Week 4, October 1997
Trump Plaza (Atlantic City, New Jersey)
ATT: 17,491
TV: 36.88

Quote:

.....:::::!!!!!GONG!!!!!:::::.....

.....we are one night removed from a monumental In Your House, and In Your House that not only saw the debut of Hell in a Cell, but the return of the Phenom straight from Hell.....because much to the disbelief of the WWF Champion Ahmed Johnson, the Undertaker made an epic return.....making his intentions crystal clear.....he's coming for the WWF Champion....and he's coming.....for the WWF Championship.......

.....and not only that, but he's coming to the ring right now too....

.....the crowd absolutely erupts as the Deadman makes his epic walk down the aisle, where he steps into the ring, and he clearly has something to say.....

.....the Undertaker takes a microphone, and he cuts right to the chase.....he says that almost eight months ago at Wrestlemania, Ahmed Johnson decided he was going to try and make a name for himself on the back of the legend that is The Undertaker....assaulting him with a plank of wood and costing him his Last Man Standing match with his brother Kane.....

.....at May's In Your House event, the team of Ahmed Johnson and Goldust defeated The Undertaker and Cactus Jack (thanks to the interference of Marcus).....but it was in June that Ahmed Johnson committed his biggest infraction yet......when he drove the tennis racquet of his little pipsqueak manager into the throat of the Deadman......crushing his larynx and taking him out of commission......

".....Ahmed Johnson.....you cost me four months of my career.....but you cost YOURSELF so much more.....because it's time to pay the reaper.....and you're not just going to pay with your pain.....you're not just going to pay with your suffering......you're not even going to just pay with your soul.....you're going to pay, with the only thing you hold dear in this world.....you're going to pay.....with the WWF Championship....."

.....Taker says that Survivor Series is right around the corner.....and while Ahmed Johnson may have survived Badd Blood, he will NOT survive the Deadman.....because at Survivor Series, Ahmed Johnson and his WWF Championship reign......will Rest.....in......Peace.......

.....speaking of the WWF Championship, here it comes.....wrapped around the waist of Ahmed Johnson.....the "Walking Armageddon" as manager Jim Cornette has christened him, is more of a limping armageddon right now after picking up that ankle injury last night, which might explain why he and Cornette come to a halt at the top of the ramp instead of making their way down to the ring.....

.....James E. has a microphone in hand, and he's not afraid to use it, telling the Undertaker that he should just turn himself around, go back to the graveyard, and bury himself back under whatever tombstone he crawled out from under.....

".....see, this isn't your run of the mill Champion right here.....this is Ahmed Johnson, the Walking Armageddon.....the ONLY man to fight for the right to make a singles title defence a triple threat title defence, and STILL walk out Champion.....the ONLY man to hold victories over Steve Austin, Bret Hart, Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner AND the so called Phenom, the Undertaker......there is no one in the WWF worth beating, that Ahmed Johnson hasn't faced and beat.....see that's the difference between an Ahmed Johnson and an Undertaker....because while you were off walking the beaches of Transylvania and howling at the moon on vacation for four months, Ahmed Johnson was out here kicking ass, taking names.....and adding them to his list of victims.....

......now you don't have to like the facts, but facts are exactly what they are.....Ahmed Johnson cost YOU your little Wrestlemania undefeated streak.....Ahmed Johnson beat YOU at In Your House.....Ahmed Johnson beat YOU at the King of the Ring.....Ahmed Johnson took the mighty Deadman and crushed his throat to dust.....and believe me, Ahmed Johnson has NO problem in doing it all again.....Deadman, if you really want to step into the ring with the WWF Champion at Survivor Series.....then we accept your challenge.....but I hope you've kept the heat on back in the crypt, because THIS time, Ahmed Johnson isn't going to put you on the shelf for a few months.....Ahmed Johnson is going to put you on the shelf.....PERMANENTLY......."

.....Jim Ross says that it looks as though we have our first match made for Survivor Series.....Ahmed Johnson vs. The Undertaker.....and as the Undertaker drops down to one knee, inviting Ahmed to step inside the ring with him right now, Jim Cornette takes his (injured) Walking Armageddon to the back, telling him that he's waited four months....he can wait a few more weeks.

Rating: A*

Quote:

VS.

Two weeks ago Matt Hardy was flying high as the European Champion, and one of the most defending Champions that the WWF had seen in quite some time....unfortunately all that came to a screeching half and the hands of Jeff Jarrett.......and indirectly, Ken Shamrock......because while the World's Most Dangerous Man's temper has cost him his fair share of victories, now it has transcended into costing other people victories as well, and it was Matt Hardy that payed the price for his latest outburst.....

.....now while this match isn't a number one contenders match per say, both Hardy and Shamrock have agreed that should they lose this match, then they will step aside and let the other man focus on Jeff Jarrett and the European Championship, so naturally this was pretty heated....not to mention the fact that Hardy is (understandably) ticked at his opponent for costing him the title in the first place....

.....his brother making the move down south has actually done wonders for the career of the elder Hardy....in fact, if Jeff Hardy can be classed (auto push) as an Upper Midcarder down in Turner's Titan Territory, then it's safe to say that should Matt Hardy ever decide to make the jump to WCW, he would be jumping straight into a Main Event spot.....of course, that's WCW.....here in the WWF he's still a longgggg way away from being classed as a main event talent, but his run with the European Championship certainly moved him a long way up the card, so it's only natural that he wants the gold back......unfortunately he's going to have to step aside and watch Ken Shamrock attempt to capture the coveted championship, because after a very close fought contest Shamrock was able to catch hold of Hardy's foot, spin him over into the ankle lock, and despite a valiant effort to get to the ropes, the former European Champion finally had little choice but to concede the match....and concede his efforts (for now) at regaining the gold.

Winner: Ken Shamrock
Rating: B-

Quote:

Hardy is disappointed with his defeat, but as Shamrock helps him back to a standing position (or more of a hopping position really, sell that ankle lock brother) he realises that he made the stipulation, now he's going to have to abide by it, finally offering Shamrock his hand, telling him to make sure that he makes Jeff Jarrett suffer.....

......speaking of Jeff Jarrett, here comes the European Champion himself....along with his Million Dollar Cohorts.....Ted DiBiase leads out the troops, but they (much like Ahmed and Corny before them) only go as far as the entrance way....

.....Deebs has the microphone and asks the pair what exactly it is that they're fighting over....are they actually fighting over who gets to face his European Champion?.....

".....because boys, I hate to break it to you.....but Jeff Jarrett is the Champion.....Jeff Jarrett has the backing of one of the biggest corporations in the world.....and Jeff Jarrett has all the money and all the power to veto ANY challenger for this title belt.....basically, in terms that even you two knuckleheads can understand, Jeff Jarrett has ALL the stroke when it comes to deciding who has the privilege of facing him for the WWF European Championship......"

......DiBiase breaks out into his trademark cackle as he passes the microphone to Jarrett....and Double J reiterates what his manager just said, telling Hardy and Shamrock that as far as HE is concerned, neither one of them deserves a shot at devaluing this prestigious title....a title that's stock has risen exponentially in the short time it's been around his waist.....so for the time being, neither Matt Hardy OR Ken Shamrock will be getting an opportunity to challenge for the European Title.......BUT.......if they really want old Double J that badly, then all they have to do is go out and find two partners.....because the Million Dollar Corporation will happily slap them about some more at Survivor Series.....

......Shamrock calls Jarrett a coward, telling him that he knows damn well that if he stepped into the ring with him, not only would the Title be leaving with Ken, but Jarrett would find out exactly why they call him the Worlds Most Dangerous Man, when he snapped his ankle in about three places......Shamrock says that he WILL get a shot at that title one way or another, but for now, he will happily kick all four of their asses at Survivor Series......Matt Hardy agrees.....and just like that, we have our second official match for the eleventh annual Survivor Series event.....the Million Dollar Corporation against Ken Shamrock, Matt Hardy, and......well.....that's it at the moment......but I'm sure they'll find some team mates in the coming weeks.

Rating: B+

Quote:

Before we head down to ringside for our next match we are treated to some exclusive post Badd Blood footage....we are backstage of the United Arena, and Jake Roberts is in the trainers room, where he's standing by helpless as medical personnel attempt to rescue the eye of the Snake's priest.....the man of god is still crying out in agony as they attempt to evaluate the situation, but as Jake pulls a medical practitioner to one side he quietly tells the Snake that the prognosis isn't looking good.....and as he angrily hurls a chair across the room and storms off (presumably looking for Raven) the priests screams of pain turn to a scream of pleading.....as he implores Jake not to do it.......not in his name.....

Rating: B

Quote:

VS.

....and then we head back to the live action, as the Snake makes his entrance to face a man who he once hoped to free in his quest to bring out the good in Raven.....and a man instrumental in bringing Raven into the WWF in the first place, Bill DeMott.....young William has been a little bit of a lost soul since his forcible departure from the Flock, being the only member that wasn't looking for a way out he's not really known what to do with himself since his new found freedom.....so maybe facing the man who had a hand in his exile is the perfect place to kickstart his career......

.....it wasn't.....

....Jake was in no mood to play, and he utterly dismantles the bigger man, with Jim Ross suggesting that with every blow to the jaw landed, that's it's not Bill DeMott's face that the Snake Man is seeing, but the features of "The Deity of the Damned", Raven looking back at him.....and based on this performance, if that really is the case, Raven has a whole world of hurt waiting for him when Roberts finally gets his hands on him....mercifully for DeMott, this one is over relatively quickly, with Jake finally putting him away with the DDT for the one, two, three.....

Winner: Jake Roberts

Quote:

Jake may have the victory, but he wants so much more....and he rolls to the outside (picking up a microphone along the way) before opening up the top of that sack that he carries to the ring with him, and unleashing "Revalations".....Revelations being his damn near seven foot long albino python.....and when DeMott finally sees the reptile slithering towards him, he's gone like a bat out of hell, leaving Jake alone with his microphone and his snake....which to be fair, is probably just the way he likes it......

.....Jake says that last night, Raven crossed a line that no man should cross....a line of decency....a line of basic humanity.....and a line of respect......Jake says that Raven is too deep in the dark for salvation.....He says that he could have saved him, but in order to save someone you have to actually want to be saved....Raven, he just wants chaos....anarchy....martial law....

....he says that Raven takes Jake's beliefs and belittles them as something less....something insignificant...because they don't align with his warped view of society and humanity.....but beliefs and faith are the very things that define us as a civilisation...the very thing that separates us from animals....ALL beliefs....even Raven's twisted view of the world is a part of the fabric of humanity....Raven believes that the world is fundamentally flawed....that society is failing....that this so called "Deity of the Damned" is the only one that can see the world for what it really is....

"....except you're wrong....and while I accept your right to believe that, what I do NOT accept, is you taking an innocent man....a righteous man....and attempting to inflict permanent injury upon him to prove nothing more than a point....what I do NOT accept, is you taking the word of the Lord, and using it to justify your own ends.......'an eye for an eye?'.......well Raven, if that's what you want.....if I can't save you.....then maybe I'll just destroy you instead.....

.....see make no mistake, you may believe yourself to be some "deity", but Raven, there is only one true lord and believe me, you are not He.....and much like there's only one true lord, there is only ONE Jake Roberts....I may have moulded you in my image, and yes, for a while I was proud of my creation....but a creation is all you are....a cheap carbon copy....a facsimile of MY blueprint.....and much as the Lord grew disappointed in the decisions of HIS creations, sending a Flood to purge the earth of their existence, I grow weary of yours.....the cleansing waves are coming for you, and there will be no Ark for you to continue your journey......and all that will remain will be the rotting and bloated remains of my FINAL disciple, drowned in a sea of blasphemy and desecration........Trust Me......"

.....with that, Jake drops the microphone, picks up Revelations and wraps him around his neck, before beginning to exit the ring.....at least until a voice stops him.....

.....and the camera pans the arena looking for the source....finding Raven stood high up in the arena.....way away from Roberts reach.....

".....every villain is the hero of his own story Snake....you talk about rebirth....forgiveness....faith.....you talk about atoning for past sins, but that's all it is....talk....empty words from a hollow soul.....they claim that Jesus Christ fasted for forty days and forty nights in the Judaean Desert refusing temptations of hedonism, egoism, and materialism.....and yet you submit so quickly?.....you talk of "saving" me, and yet in the space of a few short months, like Pontius Pilate you are ready to wash your hands of me?.....tell me Jake, who were you really trying to save?.....me?.....or yourself?.......

.....everything "good" you have ever tried to accomplish in your miserable life has failed....you "freed" the Flock to save me....to save them.....and yet I have flourished without them, while each and every one of them is now basking in mediocrity without ME.....just ask the simpleton that you just defeated....talk about kicking a man when he's down......

.....the simpleton is a joke.....the Fallen Angel is an after thought.....and the Dogs of War have turned into neutered puppy's....so tell me, who did you save Jake?.....

.....in fact, your only true success story, was the BIT PART you played in creating me.....your only true success, is MY accession to YOUR dark throne.....because while you have to turn to a false deity to validate your existence, I AM the Deity that defines you....and nothing you can do will ever negate that.....the games are just beginning, and the stakes will only raise.....you were going to be my salvation....instead, I will be your downfall......Quote the Raven......Nevermore....."

Quote:

So from the deathly serious we go to something slightly less so, as we head to the back, where Dok Hendrix is standing by with the brand new WWF Tag Team Champions, Al Snow and Chris Candido....along with their....manager?.....valet?.....cheerleader?..... to be fair, I don't know what the hell she is, but she's Sunny, and against all odd's she's still in the Champions corner.....even Candido seems to be warming up to the bubbly blonde after she quite clearly had a hand in them capturing the titles to begin with......

....Dok first of all congratulates the pair, saying that after months of trying, topped off with back to back Pay Per View victories over the New Age Outlaws, it must feel good to finally hold those titles......Candido agrees, saying that this moment right here makes the last six months worth it....all the irritation....the embarrassment.....the constant talking from Al Snow in his ear ("seriously Dok....he doesn't shut up") even having to put up with the presence of Sunny ("because believe me, I'd still prefer to have Head on my side that her") it all just disappears into the background.....because FINALLY, Chris Candido can call himself....Champion.....

.....Dok says that may all be the case, but the now former champions, Billy Gunn and Jesse James have demanded (and been granted) their rematch tonight....telling Al Snow that he has no time to savour the moment, because with those title belts comes a huge bullseye on their backs, and the New Age Outlaws are taking aim.....

....Snow is too happy to care however....he tells Dok that he's been promising to pay back Chris Candido for months now, and last night, he finally made good on that promise....

".....because I know it's not easy Betty....it's not easy constantly having to apologise for someone else.....for constantly having to fix someone else's mistakes.....to have someone constantly going on, and on, and on, and on, and on in your ear....night in and night out.....I know it's hard..........that Head is a real pain in the ass Dok, but Skippy, he just takes it all in his stride.................what?..............well of course I'm talking about you, who else would I be talking about?.......me?.........SERIOUSLY?.....ME?....... ..you've got some nerve missy.......we both know who the annoying one in this relationship is, and it ain't me.........please........HEY! You're taking to one half of the WWF Tag Team Champions here, so show a little respect...........do it then, go ahead, find a partner........except you won't because you're so annoying that no one will team with you......who?.......Steve Austin???......there's no way you could get a Steve Austin......oh no you couldn't........go and get a Steve Austin then, I'll kick his ass too......no don't tell him I said that, why would you tell him......do you actually want me to suffer?......."

.....Sunny interrupts Snow's one sided conversation there.....telling Dok that no matter which way you cut it, no matter how much you spin it, there's no denying the fact that Sunny had a big part to play in this story.....there's no denying that Sunny walked out of Badd Blood managing the Word Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions, and you can be damn sure that she'll be walking out of Raw is War STILL managing the World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions......after all......what Sunny wants, Sunny gets......

"......come on boys.....let's do this......"

Quote:

VS.

We go straight down to ringside from there, and The New Age Outlaws have wasted no time in requesting their rematch, because after losing the Championships just 24 hours ago the gold is on the line again tonight.....the new champions are understandably happy after finally capturing the tag team titles after months of trying, and the crowd is happy for them too....Snow and Candido are actually one of the hottest teams going right now (both men are more over than ever, Candido especially has never been this hot before) and they are certainly deserving of holding the top prize in tag team competition.....

.....in face, the only team that's probably hotter than them right now are the former champions, with Gunn and James arguably being THE number one team in the WWF right now, and are pretty much the blueprint for the team of Snow and Candido, (two guys thrown together, one can talk, one can work) which makes it especially satisfying when you think that neither pairing has been teaming that long.....

.....this match was a great TV match, with lots of back and forth action as the two top teams tussled for the top prize....and finally winning the gold obviously did wonders for the Champions, because both Al and Chris out performed their opponents tonight....Snow got to play the face in peril as the Outlaws worked him over, until he finally made the hot tag to Candido, and chaos ensued as the action spilled out to the floor with all four men going at it......

.....Candido and Gunn wind up the legal men inside the ring, while Snow and James manage to inadvertently draw the attention of the official away on the outside.....that leaves Sunny free to pick up Head.....roll into the ring.....

.....and kick Chris Candido right in the balls.....

.....Candido doubles over as Sunny tosses Head to Gunn, who in turn crashes it across the back of Candido's skull.....and three seconds later all of the Champions hard work is undone.....because as Jim Ross remarks, those damn Outlaws just stole the Tag Team Champions....and it's all down to that jezebel Sunny.....as we go to commercial.....

Winner(s): .....and New WWF Tag Team Champions....The New Age Outlaws

Quote:

.....and when we come back from commercial we see Michael Cole rushing towards the new WWF Tag Team Champions, who are walking briskly through the parking lot along with Sunny....Cole finally catches up with them as they reach their rental car, asking what exactly just happened out there?.....Gunn says he thought it was fairly obvious....the New Age Outlaws just became the New Two Time Tag Team Champions.....where's the confusion?....Cole says the confusion is Sunny.....just last night she was helping Snow and Candido capture the titles, tonight she's helping the Outlaws.....why?.....Gunn goes to answer, but Sunny cuts him off placing a finger on his lips.......looks like she wants to field this one herself......

".....what a difference a day makes eh Michael.....twenty four little hours.......why am I here with the Outlaws? Well I've always been a little bit of an Outlaw myself you know....and what better combination that the Road Dogg.....the Bad Ass.....and MY sweet little ass....."

.....Gunn and James sneak a peek at that aforementioned ass, and as Sunny gives it a little wiggle they begin overly dramatically fanning themselves down....Cole says he's still not sure why Sunny would join up with these two gentlemen, after all, they had some less than complimentary words to say about her in the build up to Badd Blood, but Sunny waves that off again.....she says that unlike a certain Chris Candido, Billy Gunn and Jesse James know an advantage when they see one.....and after witnessing first hand last night what having a Sunny in your corner can do for your career prospects, they were quick to call.....and she was quick to answer......

".....after all, did you REALLY think I was going to stick with those two losers for the long haul Michael?......I've managed Intercontinental Champions.....I've managed World Champions.....I manage WINNERS.....and with me in their corner, that's exactly what the New Age Outlaws are going to be.......and if you're not down with that.......well, Billy has two words for you Cole......"

......before Gunn can deliver his catchphrase however, the now FORMER Champions come bursting into the parking lot, and come charging for the Outlaws, who quickly dive into the car and screech away like thieves in the night, leaving Candido and Snow with nothing but an empty parking area to contend with....Cole tries to get a word with the former champs, but Candido pushes him aside angrily, telling him that now is NOT a good time.

Quote:

We go back to the arena now, just in time for the arrival of the boss.....because Vincent Kennedy McMahon is making his way to the ring, and he has his Corporate Entourage with him....Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, the Big Red Problem Solver Kane.....and last but not least, a very much worse for wear Brian Pillman (who has his head stitched and is walking very gingerly to say the least)....

....Vince says that last night was a very good night for him on one hand.....but a not so good night on the other.....yes, Flair and Arn settled an old score.....yes, Brian Pillman pulled out a career defining victory, once more defeating another of Mick Foley's guises Mankind....inside the brutal Hell in a Cell structure.....but for once, the Problem Solver failed to solve the problem....as not only did he fail to defeat Stone Cold Steve Austin, but the victory has appeared to give Mr. Austin some rather grandiose ideas...

"......ideas that somehow, I am going to willingly grant him a shot at the World Wrestling Federation Championship.....and quite frankly, that idea is rather far fetched even for him.....especially when I have an athlete the calibre of a Brian Pillman, who CLEARLY earned a title opportunity with his victory last night......"

.....clearly the Rattlesnake doesn't like the sound of that.....because the glass shatters, and the man himself comes bursting out of the back, marches down the aisle, and gets straight into the ring regardless of the odds......

......McMahon quickly positions himself behind his four comrades, putting a wall of bodies between him and (a very p!ssed off looking) Austin....Jim Ross remarks that The Rattlesnake may well be the toughest S.O.B in the WWF, but he doesn't know how wise this is, walking into the lions den alone when the odds are so stacked against him.....

....Austin really doesn't give a damn though.....and he gets a microphone from ringside, asking Vince if his ears are playing tricks on him?.....

".....because if you think a piece of trash like Brian Pillman is getting a shot at that WWF Title before Stone Cold Steve Austin, then you must be even stupider than you look......and you look pretty stupid.....

.....I went to Badd Blood last night...took your little problem solver...and whipped his ass....took your little security guards...whipped their ass....I took you....and I damn sure whipped your ass...so the way I see it, the only thing left for me to do is take that WWF Title and ain't a damn thing you can do about it son....."

....McMahon begs to differ.....he says that there's plenty he can do about it....for one, he could fire him...or two (the more fun way) he can offer Steve Austin an opportunity to become the number one contender to the WWF Title, but an opportunity is all it will be, because there is no chance in hell of him winning it.....

".....you see, we have an event coming up by the name of the Survivor Series....and at that event, YOU Stone Cold Steve Austin will be competing in a traditional five on five Survivor Series elimination match.....now should your team win, you will indeed be named the number one contender, and compete for the World Wrestling Federation Championship at In Your House in December.....HOWEVER.....should you LOSE the match, then you WON'T be competing for the WWF Championship at In Your House, in fact, one of your opponents will.....the team captain if you like....."

.....Austin is fine with that, telling McMahon that all he has to do is find four jackasses in the back, stand them up on the apron, and they can watch as Stone Cold Steve Austin Stuns one, two, three, four, five opponents, wins the match, and marches on to In Your House....

....McMahon interrupts him there....telling Austin that considering his actions as of late, and the fact that he HAS Stunned pretty much half the roster, he might find it difficult finding those four partners......so McMahon (being the thoughtful boss that he is) has nominated his partners for him........and here they are right now......

.....and to say that they are underwhelming would be an understatement......as Marty Jannetty, Savio Vega, Bart Gunn and Bob Holly of all people make their way out....hardly four men that have been lighting it up around here recently (although the newly bottle blonde Bob Holly has amassed quite the winning streak on Superstars as of late)....Austin looks suitably unimpressed too, but tells McMahon it doesn't matter WHO his partners are, he'll win that match single handedly if need be....before asking who the hell his opponents are (as if you haven't guessed).....

....McMahon says that you're looking at them right now.....Kane....Ric Flair....Arn Anderson.....and the Team Captain, the Corporate Cannon Brian Pillman.....again, Austin is fine with that, but says unless his eyes are deceiving him (and they might be, he's had a few Steveweiser's today) he only counts FOUR opponents.....McMahon says that's because he was saving the best till last.....because his final opponent in that traditional five on five Survivor Series match.......

".......is ME!!......."

.....McMahon says that Austin is so hell bent on sneak attacking him recently, but let's see how well he does when Vincent Kennedy McMahon DOESN'T have his back turned.....

.....Austin is beaming at this revelation, telling McMahon that if it means getting to whip his scrawny ass again, then it's a hell yeah from him....match accepted.....in fact.....he might just whip McMahon's ass right here, right now, before tossing the microphone to one side and advancing upon the owner of the company.....McMahon holds his hand up however, telling Austin that if he lays so much as one finger on him between now and the Survivor Series match, then that match is immediately cancelled, and Steve Austin will NOT be granted a shot at the WWF Title.....ever......

.....Stone Cold doesn't like that.....he DOES like the prospect of beating McMahons ass on route to getting a World Title opportunity however.....and so he reluctantly accepts, watching his Survivor Series opponents leave, before toasting the crowd, as Jim Ross questions the quality of Austin's partners, and a promo for the Survivor Series airs.

Quote:

VS.

It's match time now, as former Light Heavyweight Champion Billy Kidman faces off against the Million Dollar Corporation's Rich Steiner....there is quite the contrast of styles here, with Kidman's more athletic high flying offence meeting Steiner's smash mouth high impact onslaught....despite that the match was actually pretty good....

....Kidman frustrated his opponent early on with his speed, hitting and moving and generally leaving Steiner chasing ghosts, until finally DiBiase intervened to distract Kidman long enough that Steiner was able to take him out with a cheap shot.....

....front here Steiner slowed the match down, grounding and pounding while hounding his opponent with insults between blows....Steiner lets Kidman know that he's nothing but a dirt poor piece of garbage walking round like some trailer park trash in his white vest and jean shorts ("that's why I'm better than you boy.....because I'm Rich.....and you're not")

.....all the trash talking gets the better of Steiner however, with Kidman finally rallying back into the match, planting Steiner on the mat, and heading up top, presumably looking for that Shooting Star Press.......

.....which is when DiBiase once again draws the attention of the official (and Kidman)....and with Billy yelling at the referee to get Deebs off the apron, Jeff Jarrett comes rushing down the aisle (European Title around his waist, Guitar in hand) and smashes that Acoustic Equaliser across the back of Kidman.....who tumbles forward onto the waiting shoulders of Steiner (who's had more than enough time to recover with all this commotion) and one Million Dollar Drop later (that's a Death Valley Driver to you and me) Rich Steiner is your winner.

Winner: Rich Steiner

Quote:

Steiner is happy with his victory, and heads to the outside to collect his (horribly gaudy) jacket, pulling out a thick wad of (one!) dollar bills.....he peels one off the top of the pile and drops down to one knee, slapping poor Kidman in the face before shoving the bill into his mouth....

.....Jarrett clearly isn't happy to end the fun just yet, and after hitting one of his silly little struts he picks up the legs of Kidman, threatening to lock on that Double J Figure Four......

.....luckily for Kidman help is at hand....as Matt Hardy and Ken Shamrock come rushing out from the back....

....the Million Dollar Contingent quickly bail when they see the Calvary arriving (but not before Steiner has taken back his dollar bill, wiped it on his tights, and put it back in his wad) as Hardy and Shamrock help Kidman back to his feet.....

....I'm sure that Matt and Ken would have liked to have gotten their hands on Jarrett and Steiner here....but while they didn't get any payback, they may well have found their first partner....because Billy Kidman looks extremely unhappy about the outcome of this one.

Quote:

VS.

The British Bulldog is back in action now for the first time in quite some time....Davey Boy has been pretty quiet since his excommunication from the Hart Foundation, and hasn't been predominantly featured since back at Augusts Summerslam, which ironically saw him take the fall in the three way Intercontinental Title match, which gave Owen Hart the gold, and cost tonight's opponent Faarooq his championship without him even being the one defeated.....

.....because of this history, this is a surprisingly heated contest....even if it wasn't quite at the quality I was expecting.....both Davey and Faarooq are capable of having fantastic matches, providing they are in there with the right opponent.....unfortunately, neither of these men is one to carry a match, and it definitely showed here....

....the finish wasn't ideal either....because after a hard hitting back and forth battle, The Bulldog was able to hoist Faarooq up onto his shoulder, before driving him hard to the canvas with that patented Running Powerslam......

.....before the official can register the three count however, the rest of the Nation come rushing out from the back and hit the ring, where they proceed to lay down a gang style beatdown on the former Intercontinental and European Champion, leaving the referee little choice but to call for the bell......

Winner: The British Bulldog (via Disqualification)
Rating: B-

Quote:

.....and the beating continues even after the bell has sounded, as the Nation of Domination look to make a statement here....the faces may be different (in fact, only Faarooq and Kama remain of the original incarnation, with Scorpio the next longest serving member) but the mission statement remains the same.....get ahead, by any means necessary.....and as Mark Henry, one of the few men here in the WWF that can match Davey Boy strength for strength, picks the Bulldog up with ease, before hitting a Powerslam of his own, it looks like the Nation are ready to Dominate once more......

.....the problem with that however, is that they have made a lot of enemies in the last few months......and here come four of them right now.....Mysterio and Malenko sprinting down the aisle....Bradshaw following behind at a slightly slower pace....and bringing up the rear is the big man Nelson, who doesn't take his eyes off Faarooq as he walks the length of the entrance ramp......

.....the four men hit the ring and waste no time in making a beeline for their chosen opposition.....Mysterio and Malenko choose Scorpio and D'Lo respectively, Bradshaw and Kama get right down to it, and after eating a Powerslam a few moments ago, Davey Boy gets back to his feet and begins trading blows with Mark Henry.......

.....that just leaves Faarooq.....although as Nelson steps over the top rope and into the ring, it looks as though the Nation leader is about to have his hands VERY full......and Faarooq obviously realises this too....because he quickly bolts from the ring (ordering his troops to follow suit) and the Nation heads back up the ramp and to the locker rooms, with Faarooq promising Nelson that he'll deal with him when HE'S ready to deal with him, NOT when Nelson decides.....because despite what the fat man might think, it's all about the Nation of Domination.....not Nelson Knight.

Rating: A (not the rating I was expecting at all)

Quote:

VS.

It's main event time now, and after the events that unfolded towards the end of last nights WWF Championship match, it's safe to say that Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner (while not an official member) has joined forces with the Wolfpac in their ongoing war with the Hart Foundation, thanks mainly to the fact that he wants to rip Chris Jericho's head clean off his shoulders.....

.....these two men have met before, in fact they had a genuine five star match of the year candidate a few months back when Chris Jericho (unsuccessfully) challenged for Steiners WWF Title.....this match was nowhere near on that level, mainly due to time constraints and the fact that the finish to this one wasn't quite so clean as their last encounter.....

.....while not on the level of their last encounter, this was still a decent match.....Chris Jericho has gone from virtual unknown, to Light Heavyweight Champion (and yes, he's still wearing the belt that he retired) to genuine main eventer (and franchise player) in less than two years, while Big Poppa Pump continues to be one of the most popular wrestlers in the world.....and while Scotty certainly looked to be the favourite in this one, when you're wrestling Chris Jericho, there's more than just the Ayatollah of RocknRolla to worry about......

.....because as Test distracts the official, Bret and Owen Hart come running down the aisle.....and as Owen draws Steiner's attention, Bret rolls into the ring behind him and nails him in the back of the head with a steel chair.....

.....which in turn brings out Hall, Nash, and Waltman....but it's too little too late.....Steiner is down and out, and easy pickings for Jericho to cover for the one, the two...and the three.

Winner: Chris Jericho

Quote:

The Wolfpac hit the ring, looking to resume the battle that broke out last night...surprisingly however The Hart Foundation quickly bail and head up the ramp away from Nash and Co.....

....Big Sexy holds the ropes open, inviting the Canadians to come back down to the ring and "face them like men" but The Hitman holds his troops back, collecting a microphone as Hall and Waltman help a (very) p!ssed off looking Scott Steiner to his feet.....

....Hart first tells the crowd to shut up, before turning back to the ring, letting the Wolfpac know in no uncertain terms that he's.....

".....sick of this bullsh!t.....Nash, Hall, Waltman, I've been fighting you in one form or another for the best part of two years now, and I've been systematically screwed over every single step of the way....instead of focusing on what I SHOULD have been focusing on, regaining the World Wrestling Federation Championship, I've been focusing on you three idiots......I lost the WWF Title because of you......I lost my only one on one shot at REGAINING the WWF Title because of you.....and just last night in the three way match, I lost my chance at becoming the WWF Champion because Kevin Nash got his ass beat......that's it.....I'm done......it's time to draw a line under this once and for all, so that I can get back to doing what I SHOULD have spent the last two years doing....and that's getting back MY World Wrestling Federation Championship.....

....so it goes like this.....Survivor Series will mark the end of this crap.....us four against you four.....and the team that Survives will truly be the best group there is......was......and ever will be......now me, I'm confident in my team....'I've met men I could trust in the mouth of hell....I would trust them to breathe for me....to pump my blood with their hearts'.....can you say the same?.....those two degenerates that you call friends?.....a guy more concerned with his own biceps than anything else?....I don't think so.....and at Survivor Series, when we eliminate each and every one of you, there will be no doubt that's it's Canada that has the superior athletes....while America is full of nothing more than low life, money grabbing, vain backstabbers......"

.....Nash grabs a microphone of his own, echoing Hart's earlier plea to the crowd as he asks him to please just shut the hell up.....he tells Bret that while no one can argue the fact that he's a great wrestler, his voice is enough to send anyone to sleep.....he says that if it will finally get Hart to stop his b!tching and moaning then they will gladly accept, but reminds Bret what happened the last time he faced Nash, Hall and Waltman at the Survivor Series.....exactly the same thing that's going to happen this time.....("we win....you lose")....except this time he'll have no excuses.....and then, when the 'Pac is done beating those Canadians like Canadians beat their Hockey Puck's, it's gonna be time for the RED and Black Attack to add some more gold to their sweet collection....because just like Scott Hall slapped around Owen Hart and bought home the Intercontinental Championship, without the Harts snapping at their heels like annoying puppy dogs, the Wolves are going hunting.....title hunting......and god help anyone that gets in their way......

.....with that Steiner snatches the mic away from Nash....

".....LESS CHATTING, MORE SMACKING.....YOU WANT BIG POPPA PUMP IN YOUR LITTLE WOLFPAC FOR SURVIVOR SERIES?.....WELL, IF IT MEANS I GET TO RIP CHRIS JERICHO'S HEAD OFF AND USE IT TO BEAT HIS STUPID BLONDE B!TCH BODYGUARD WITH THEN COUNT ME IN........................YEAH YOU HEARD ME YOU UGLY PUCK....BUT IF YOU THINK I'M WAITING TILL THEN TO KICK SOME CANADIAN ASS THEN YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T KNOW ME VERY WELL....."

.....an intense Scott Steiner then throws down the microphone and climbs out of the ring....Hall, Nash and Waltman smile, shrug their shoulders, and follow suit, as the show comes to a close with the Wolfpac and Scott Steiner heading up the aisle on a collision course with the Hart Foundation......and a collision course it will be, when these eight men meet at the eleventh annual Survivor Series event.....see you next week folks.

Final Rating: B+