Unread 09-10-2018, 05:28 AM
Major League

Week 3, October 1997
Richmond Coliseum (Richmond, Virginia)
ATT: 13,000
TV: 19.06
Announce Team: Tony Schiavone, Bobby Heenan and Mike Tenay

Quote:

It's Monday Night, we're live and in living colour.....and it's time for the Titans of Wrestling to welcome us to Monday Nitro.......

.....not that the Titans look to be in a very welcoming mood....in fact, they look positively p!ssed off. The group enters the ring as one, but there's no time for formalities tonight, because Hollywood has a microphone......he turns straight to Jean Paul Levesque, getting right down to the problem at hand.....that problem being the fact that not only did he have Sting's now familiar baseball bat in hand last week, he also had a free shot at the man himself.......

".....Sting was stood there three feet away from you brother....helpless, inviting YOU to swing that bat at his head.....you could have got rid of the Titan's biggest headache with one big home run dude......but YOU...didn't...get...the...job...done......all you had to do, was swing that bat, jack, and the crow man could have been history for good.....which makes me wonder, what with you being so eager to get a shot at Hollywood Hogan and the Titan World Title and all, exactly where your priorities lie brother......"

.....Hogan says that there are only three letters that matter around here...they ain't W.W.F....they ain't W.C.W....and they damn sure ain't J.P.L......he says that the only three letters that matter around these parts, are T.o.W.......and at the end of the day, you're either WITH the Titans, or AGAINST the Titans.....so which one is it going to be.....brother?.....

.....Levesque just stands there throughout Hollywood's little rant, never taking his eyes off the Icon....he looks away from him now however, as he turns to look at the realisation that the entire Titan group as surrounded him, and they appear to be waiting for a reply.....

".....first of all, the whole lot of you might want to back it up about two steps, because your little intimidation tricks ain't working, and frankly....Buff....all I can smell is hair gel and baby oil, so back it up a bit.....second of all, you're damn right I didn't hit Sting in the back of the head with that bat last week....because I don't NEED to hit Sting in the back of the head to take him out......"

......Levesque says that there's not a man, wrestler, legend or self proclaimed Icon here in WCW that he can't defeat in a straight up fight......Levesque says that when the day comes for him and Sting to go at it, he's going to straight up fight the reclusive star face to face.....

".....because I don't need baseball bats to win matches......I don't run from a fight.....and I definitely don't leave my "brothers" laying...."brother"......as for where MY priorities lie, I could ask you the same question.....because everyone knows that there are only three letters in Wrestling that are important to you......the question is, are those three letters T.o.W? Or are those three letters Triple H?.....and you can call off the lawyers Vin-Man, because I'm talking about Hollywood Hulk Hogan......"

......Levesque says that in two weeks time, he and Hogan are going to be stepping into that ring, and ONE of them is going to be walking out as the WCW Champion.....Levesque, HE was more than happy to go into Halloween Havoc, and IF somehow Hollywood Hogan pinned his shoulders to the mat and won that match, he would shake Hollywood's hand and admit that on THAT day, Hogan was the better man......

"......could YOU say the same thing "brother"?.....because you can talk about the Titans of Wrestling.....you can talk about the new blood.....but at the end of the day, it's STILL all about Hollywood Hogan......so let me ask you something.......Whatcha gonna do brother.....if Jean Paul Levesque runs wild on you?......."

.....Levesque turns and looks at the rest of the Titans, asking them what THEY are going to do? What happens in two weeks time? What happens when JPL is the man around here? What happens when it's one of those new blood holding the WCW Title? Not Hogan.......not Savage, not Warrior....not the Trinity.....what happens to his so called friends then?.....

"......I'll tell you what happens to my friends......my REAL friends......they'll have my back, every step of the way......"

.....The Macho Man takes the microphone for a moment, clearly having heard enough......he says that there is a reason that The Trinity is still at the top of the mountain......there's a reason that ten-fifteen years later Hogan, Savage and the Warrior are STILL the men to beat.......and that because there's been no one big enough or bad enough to stop them......plenty have tried, plenty have failed.....and just like those two punks Chris Benoit and Diamond Dallas Page are going to find out, plenty more WILL fail.....because the cream always rises to the top and the Titans of Wrestling are the cream of the crop "yeah"......

.....Macho says that to be at the top of the mountain, you've got to be willing to do whatever it takes to get there.....Hollywood Hogan is willing to do whatever it takes.....the Macho Man and the Warrior, they're willing to do whatever it takes.....the Titans of Wrestling are willing to do whatever it takes.....the question is.....is Jean Paul Levesque willing to do whatever it takes? Because after last weeks display, Macho doesn't think that the young pretender has the killer instinct to beat Hollywood Hogan.......and as Macho speaks, the Titans circle tighter around Levesque.....

"......and if he don't got the killer instinct......we don't got time for that......"

......Levesque eyes the ever tightening circle around him, before telling Macho that if it's killer instinct he wants to see, then he's going to see it........tonight......before turning around and shoving Buff Bagwell abruptly to one side, as Jean Paul Levesque once again walks away from the Titans of Wrestling, and heads to the back.

Rating: A*

Quote:

VS.

Our next match sees Vader and Bam Bam Bigelow's ongoing saga with the "Titan" invaders.....no not those Titans (although the Nasty's are former members) I'm talking about the more generic use of the word to describe the former WWF stars that have received big pushes at the expense of the "forgotten" WCW wrestlers......

.....if you were expecting this match to be pretty then you were very much mistaken, because it was anything but....it was decent though.....all four of these men know how to brawl, and brawl they did....given that this was indeed a tag team match, the advantage SHOULD have really gone to the former multi-time tag team champions Knobbs and Saggs, but when you factor in that their opponents are both former WCW World Champions it's hard to bet against them....which is why after a hard hitting fight, Vader and Bigelow put the Nastys away, after Bam Bam and Vader hit stereo moonsaults to each of their opponents, in a stunning visual before legal man Vader pinned Knobbs for the three count.

Winner(s): Vader & Bigelow
Rating: B

Quote:

Sullivan joins his cohorts in the ring as Knobbs and Saggs are scraped up off the mat....and he's got a microphone in hand....he says that while taking apart the remnants of the original titan invaders was particularly pleasurable, it will be that little bit sweeter tonight, when Sullivan faces (and destroys) the man who was the first arrival in this new breed of interlopers, Jeff Hardy.....and then, at Halloween Havoc....the Rock is going to find out that you have to do more than talk.....because Vader is going to put an end to Rikishi Fatu, before Bam Bam Bigelow shuts the Rock's mouth once and for all.....nothing spectacular, but it served its purpose as a stopgap ahead of our next match......

Rating: B+

Quote:

VS.

.....which was SUPPOSED to be Bill Goldberg facing off against Konnan, but apparently the Mexican star had better things to do....like smoke so much weed before the show that he was in zero condition to perform and had to be sent home....(he went home with a fine too as he sheepishly apologised and promised not to let it happen again).....that left the undefeated rookie short one opponent.....which means in steps the Tahitian Savage as Bill Goldberg's latest victim.....

....who?.....The Tahitian Savage.....Lloyd Anoa'i....better known from his (future) ECW days as L.A Smooth, and the brother of Samu.....and he's been in WCW longer than Vince Russo....so why is this the first time we've seen him? Well mainly because I have no idea what to do with him....I don't really want to re-hash the whole "Samoan Faction" thing and stick him with the SST.....I suppose "LA Smooth" COULD work with the less savage Rikishi, but I dunno.....I haven't even come up with what I'm actually going to call him yet.....

......Goldberg needed a relatively fresh victim though so tonight the Tahitian Savage became the win number 32 after picking up a squash on both the Saturday Night b-show and (the absolute bane of my existence, A.I generated, usually auto booked) "WCW War Room"......and Goldberg demonstrates his incredible strength, getting the 363lb Samoan up in the Jackhammer for the pinfall victory.....the streak continues.

Winner: Bill Goldberg
Rating: C-

Quote:

Goldberg celebrates the fact that he's now 32-0......but he doesn't get to celebrate for long.....because the Face of Fear, Meng comes marching out from the back, with manager Jimmy Hart desperately trying to drag his client back......

......Goldberg couldn't care less about the new arrival, it's not like he over exerted himself in his prior 3 minute 36 second match after all, and he's more than ready to give Meng a taste of the same medicine that he gave the Barbarian last week.....

......it doesn't happen tonight however, because despite Meng's eagerness, Jimmy Hart FINALLY manages to convince his client that they would be best served saving this fight for Pay Per View, where they can actually be PAID for it.....will we see Goldberg vs. Meng at Halloween Havoc? That remains to be seen, but if Jimmy Hart has his way then we may well.

Quote:

VS.

Last week Lance Storm captured his first major singles championship when he defeated Lord Steven Regal and Fit Finlay for the WCW Television Championship.....it was His Lordship, the now former Champion that Storm defeated in that particular match, so it only makes sense that the man he DIDN'T defeat (Mr. Finlay here) gets a one on one opportunity at the title.....

.....the match was certainly decent, with Storm having more luck in neutralising Finlay's brawling style better than Regal did.....Regal changed his usual game plan to try and adapt to Finlay, where as Storm maintained his more technical approach throughout, forcing Finlay to adapt to him.....it was a tactic that worked too, with Storm managing to catch the Irishman late in the match with the Maple Leaf single leg Boston crab, giving Finlay little choice but to concede the contest.

Winner: ....and Still WCW Television Champion.....Lance Storm

Quote:

With the fate of the Television Title decided for the evening it's now time to turn our attention to the Tag Team Titles.....because Mean Gene is out, and he wants to talk with the Road Warriors, Hawk and Animal, two weeks out from their Triangle Tag Team defence at Halloween Havoc....

....he shills the Hotline first as he often does (1-900-909-9900....select option two to hear about the rumoured fact that Road Warrior Hawk has taken the Rock under his wing as a protégé.....although what he's going to teach the charismatic talented worker is beyond me)....before introducing the men themselves, Road Warrior Hawk, Road Warrior Animal....the WCW Tag Team Champions.....

.....Gene says that just last week Hawk and Animal picked up a very impressive victory over not only Adam Copeland and Christian Cage (along with The Enforcer Ray Traylor) but over Trinity member himself, The Warrior......and with Halloween Havoc right around the corner, that must have given the Road Warriors one hell of a confidence booster?......

.....Animal screams that Genes damn right it did.....not that the Road Warriors have ever been men you could accuse of lacking confidence....and at Halloween Havoc, Copeland, Cage, Awesome, Cain.....they're all going to find out exactly why the Road Warriors are the most decorated team in professional wrestling history.....

".......TELL 'EM HAWK........"

".......WELLLLLL....MEAN GENE......................"

....hold that thought...........

......because before Hawk can continue with one of his signature promo's, he's rudely interrupted by the arrivals of Mike Awesome....Gideon Cain....and their valet and mouthpiece, Missy Hyatt.....

......the trio make their way down the aisle, and don't hesitate for even a second as they climb into the ring to come face to face with the tag team champions of the world.....

......Missy has a microphone all of her own, and tells Gene that she thinks he's forgetting something....after all, it wasn't the Road Warriors in that match, her boys were on the winning side too...and frankly, everyone knows that the only time their team won, was because of Mike Awesome and Gideon Cain.....and her boys will prove that at Halloween Havoc ("when they bring those pretty gold belts home to mama").....

.....predictably a shouting match breaks out, as the two teams disagree on exactly who it was that was the difference maker last week...........

.....which is when Adam Copeland, Christian Cage, and Ray Traylor come walking out from the back......and The Enforcer has a steel chair in each hand....

....there seems to be a few sub groups opening up within the Titans of Wrestling.....you've got the Holy Trinity of Hollywood Hogan, Randy Savage and the Warrior, and now you've got the...ahem, Totally Awesome Trinity of Copeland, Cage and Traylor....

.....the bickering in the ring stops for a moment at the arrival of the Titan men, as each team eyes up those steel chairs....after all, everybody knows what Copeland and Cage are capable of when you place a chair in their hand......Traylor doesn't place the chairs in their hands however....instead he opens them up and places them down on the entrance way for Copeland and Cage to sit on, before walking off to the back......the two Titan members make themselves comfortable, before pulling out a microphone.....

".....oh, hey.....don't stop on our accounts....we just wanted a better view....."

.....The Enforcer re-emerges from the back.....and this time he has two bags of popcorn in hand, passing one to each Copeland and Cage, before taking up position behind them with his hands folded in front of him......

".....ok, continue......this is totally cool.....there's nothing me and Christian like more than watching Dork and Shamimal bickering like school girls with Mike Not-So-Awesome and Gideon Lame.....tell 'em Christian......"

"......WELLLLLLLLLL......."

.....Christian has to stop right there though......he's not as adapt at shouting as Hawk is, and it causes him to break out into a chronic coughing fit that is only alleviated by Ray Traylor patting him on the back until he can finally speak again.....

"........how do you do that every night?....that totally sucks......"

......Hawk tells Christian that what's NOT going to suck, is when he and Animal rip their stinking heads off and use them to beat Awesome and Cain stupid....well....stupider, they're already pretty stupid to be standing in the ring with them right now.....nearly as stupid as their air headed bimbo of a manger is if she thinks these titles are going anywhere near her "Boys".....

.....Missy is NOT happy about that comment, telling Hawk that she's no bimbo, before squealing at Awesome and Cain to "get them!"....and that exactly what they do, as the four men inside the ring begin hammering each other with blows......The Enforcer walks to the back again briefly, before returning with two drinks that he hands to Cage and Copeland, who holler and cheer for the action in the ring while enjoying their snacks from a safe difference.....

.....their entertainment for the evening however is spoiled as Doug Dillinger and his team make their way out to try and separate the brawling foursome, as we go off to commercial.

Rating: A

Quote:

VS.

We've already seen The Forgotten once this evening, but following the destruction of the Nasty Boys the trio are here again, and this time it's Jeff Hardy that they have in their sights....and judging by the look on the faces of Vader and Bigelow, it could be a very long night for this youngster.....luckily for Mr. Hardy, the official obviously isn't in the mood for any of Sullivan's antics tonight, because before he even rings the bell he orders Bigelow and Vader to the back, threatening to disqualify Sullivan before the match even begins unless they comply.....

.....reluctantly the pair leave, meaning that we at least have a fair one on one match to look forward to....and it's quite the clash of styles for these two men.....

.....Jeff Hardy was indeed the first of a slew of big names to make the jump from the WWF recently, followed by the likes of Lance Storm, Rikishi Fatu, The Rock, Adam Copeland and Christian Cage...and since his arrival here in WCW Hardy has had not one, but two opportunities to become champion....first by challenging Eddie Guerrero for the United States Championship, and then by challenging the then Television Champion, Lord Steven Regal....do you know how many combined title opportunities Kevin Sullivan, Bam Bam Bigelow and Big Van Vader have had in that time? Zero.....not a one.....and that's exactly their point.....they are fed up of being overlooked and "forgotten" by the latest exile from the World Wrestling Federation, and they're not taking it any more......

......the match went about as well as you would expect between these two considering the obvious clash of styles....Sullivan went straight on the attack from the offset looking to surprise his (much) younger opponent....it works initially, but Hardy's speed eventually gives him the upper hand as he avoids a Kevin Sullivan charge, leaving the former Taskmaster to crash hard into the turnbuckles.....

.....the action went pretty back and forth from there, with Hardy using a combination of his speed, ability and high risk offence, while Sullivan focused on pure smash mouth brutality....and it was the youngster getting the better of the ring veteran as well.........

.....at least until Mortis, along with manager James Vandenberg make their way out.....

.....this official is having none of this either though.....and he's quickly to the outside to stop these two men's advances.....

.....when (much as Jeff Hardy did for him last week) Yoshihiro Tajiri comes rushing out from the back, going straight for Mortis and hammering him all the way to the back.....looks like Mortis won't be a factor in this after all.....

.....except he kinda was.....

......because with the official distracted by that, Sullivan takes the opportunity to take hold of a steel chair, which he uses to nail Hardy with....and as the referee returns to the ring, he leaps on top of (the practically unconscious) Jeff Hardy with the Double Stomp, before getting the one, the two, and the three.

Winner: Kevin Sullivan

Quote:

With the match over there's nothing to prevent the return of Big Van Vader and Bam Bam Bigelow, as Sullivan's teammates hit the ring to join him.....poor Hardy is really in no condition to defend himself at the minute, and The Forgotten look to capitalise on that....Bam Bam drags Hardy back to his feet, whipping him hard into the corner where Vader crushed the life out of him with a running splash, before annihilating him with those clubbing Vader blows.....

.....Hardy collapses in a heap on the mat, but Vader isn't done....and he drags Hardy back to his feet, pulls him into the middle of the ring.....and absolutely drills him into the mat with a massive Powerbomb.....

......Hardy is done.....done.......but Sullivan isn't.....pointing to Bigelow and telling him to get up on that top rope.....clearly Sullivan wants Bigelow to finish the job with that patented Diving Headbutt, and the big man does as he's asked, climbing all the way up to the top turnbuckle, poised to fly.......

.....when the crowd suddenly pops huge.....because Rikishi is running down the aisle.....although I suppose they might be popping for the man that's with him.....The Rock.....

......Rock-ishi fly into the ring, and Big 'Kish goes straight for Vader.....Rock initially clips the ankle of Bam Bam, crouching him on the top rope and taking him out of commission, before turning his attention to Sullivan, clocking him with a series of right hands, before finally sending him crashing to the outside with one last big shot.....

......Rikishi has backed Vader up against the ropes, and he dazes him with a hard Samoan Headbutt, before backing up and along with the Rock, charges at the former WCW Champion, as the two men send him flying over the top rope with a double clothesline.....

......Jeff Hardy is somehow back to his feet, and seeing this Rikishi heads over to the corner where Bigelow is still planted crotch first on the top turnbuckle, where he drops down to all fours, inviting Hardy to get a measure of revenge.....and Jeff doesn't need asking twice, as he runs and leaps off the back of Rikishi, nailing Bigelow with a high Poetry in Motion that sends Bam Bam crashing to the floor alongside his team mates......

......the two big men get themselves back to their feet, and they are NOT happy.....there might be three men inside the ring, but Bigelow and Vader look ready to fight no matter the odds....Sullivan on the other hand is more calculated than his hot headed cohorts, telling his men mountains to stand down.....their time will come, and it will come when Sullivan says so, NOT when this titan trash says so, before leading his group to the back as we air a promo for Halloween Havoc ahead of our next match.

Quote:

VS.

First Blood Match

It's time for the SST and the Pitbulls to clash once again.....and while Madusa's Mutts have won every meeting so far, the results have been far from conclusive.....disqualifications, count-outs....and just last week (under instruction from surprise arrival Gary Hart) the Samoan's straight up walked from the match and headed to the back......

.....this match is virtually guaranteed a conclusive finish, because Hart appears to have taken over the managerial duties of the SST, and the announcers inform us that because of this, he's added a special stipulation to this one.....it's going to be a first blood match....there's no cheap way to win this one, you want the victory then you're going to have to make your opponent bleed for it.....

.....Madusa accompanies the Pitbulls as usual, while Hart is in the corner of Fatu and Samu....and it's clear from the offset that Gary Hart has the Samoan's more focused than they have been in quite some time....

.....the match was about as good as you could expect for a down and dirty brawl....Pitbulls 1 & 2 are certainly not inexperienced in the "extreme" environment that accompanies a first blood match, while the Samoan's are out and out savages.....the four men brutalise each other with every available object at hand in an effort to draw blood, but with the addition of Gary Hart in their corner, it's the SST that FINALLY pick up a victory over the Pitbulls, after Samu busts Pitbull #2 open with a number of blows from one of those thick bamboo canes that the pair carry out with them to ringside.....I guess the Samoan's really did just need to find the right mind to guide them to victory.

Winner(s): The Samoan SWAT Team
Rating: B-

Quote:

The Samoan's head to the back, and now with Gary Hart in their corner they must be happy to finally get that monkey (dog?) off their back with a victory.....before they can make it through the entrance way however they are stopped by the voice of Madusa, who tells Hart to wait right there.....she says that Hart is actin like they just won this war, but by her reckoning, that's Pitbulls 3, Samoan's 1........so how about Saturday Night they do this again.....but this time, no count outs, no disqualifications.....no stopping the match for a fluke cut......because next week the Pitbulls want the Samoan's again........in a Bamboo Cane on a Pole match.......

......Hart stops for a moment to consider the proposition, before whispering something into the ears of his two savages.....he turns and says that he's not usually one to make rash decisions but he's feeling pretty good about now.....so yes.....he accepts that challenge.....but if Madusa thinks for one second that the result on WCW Saturday Night will be any different than tonight....well, She's going to be very, very disappointed.

Quote:

From there we head backstage, where Mean Gene is standing by with the Total Package Lex Luger.....Gene says that at Halloween Havoc, two friends in Lex Luger and The Giant will be facing each other....he says that Lex stated what win, lose or draw, when that match was over he was going to be stood there offering the hand of friendship to the Giant....but after last week, when his "friend" the Giant left him high and dry to get assaulted by the Titans of Wrestling, Gene has to ask.....is that still the case?....

.....Luger doesn't answer for a second, before letting out a big sigh and an"I don't know Gene".....Lex says that if last week taught him anything, it's that you don't give up on people....he offered the hand of friendship to Sting and the Stinger repaid that by frankly saving his ass.....but Giant.....

"......I just don't know what the hell his problem is Gene......"

.....Luger says that he understands that things have been tense between them as of late, but he's just put that down to the desire that each man has to challenge for that WCW Title....there's nothing wrong with a little bit of friendly competition, but last week, what the Giant did, there was nothing friendly about that.....he says that he HAD hoped to speak to the big seven footer tonight, but apparently the Giant has taken the night off because he isn't here tonight, but with Halloween Havoc right around the corner, this is going to get settled one way or another.....and soon.

Quote:

VS.

WCW US Title #1 Contenders Match

Our next match will see the crowning of a new number one contender for Eddie Guerrero's United States Championship, as Curt Hennig faces off against the Titans of Wrestling's own Buff Bagwell....and whoever wins this match will have a tough test ahead of them, because since winning the gold back at July's Bash at the Beach event, Eddie Guerrero has turned away a who's who list of challengers and seen his confidence (cockiness?) grow exponentially, to the point that he claims not to care one way or another who his next challenger is......although, he certainly seemed to care when it looked as though the Rock was positioning himself for a title opportunity, but that's a different matter for a different day.....

.....this match was ok.....not as good as I was hoping, but it wasn't terrible.....Buff Bagwell, for as much as people may tout him as the next big thing in professional wrestling, still has a way to go in order to live up to that potential....where as Hennig (while still being head and shoulders above Buff in both popularity and ability) is not as young as he once was, and an almost career ending back injury has still slowed his step slightly....he's still perfectly capable of putting on exceptional matches, but now a days perhaps against a slightly higher caliber of worker than Buff Bagwell.....

.....Curt still sells like a trooper though, making Buff look every bit the star that people are touting him to be, and surprisingly there's not another Titan in sight, meaning it's a relatively clean affair, the end of which saw Buff go for the Blockbuster, only for Hennig to duck....avoid the shot.....drag Bagwell back to his feet......and finish him off with the Hennig-Plex for the one, the two, and the three.....and Curt Hennig has earned a shot at the WCW United States Championship.

Winner: Curt Hennig
Rating: B-

Quote:

The official raises the hand of Curt Hennig, who makes the universal "belt" motion towards his waist....clearly he believes he's in with a good shot at bringing home the United States Championship.....although the current US Champion might have something to say on the matter, as Eddie Guerrero comes walking out onto the stage, with his Title belt hanging proudly over his shoulder.....

.....Eddie stops to give Hennig a slow (rather sarcastic) round of applause, before pulling out a microphone to personally congratulate the new number one contender....he says that he's had his battles with Hollywood Hogan....with the Titans of Wrestling.....but he's finally in the big leagues now.....because now he's going to step in the ring, with Eddie Guerrero.....

".....and hey, I hear that you're a little bit like Mary Poppins Holmes.....I hear that you're practically perfect in every way.....well I got news for you Mary, there's only one Papi of Perfection around here esè, and his name is Eddie Guerrero....."

.....Hennig smirks at that, telling Guerrero that if he's really that confident, why doesn't he walk that aisle right now and see how confident he feels after Curt Hennig puts him on his back....Guerrero scoffs at that suggestion however, telling Hennig that the big leagues means the big stage....he'll get his shot, but it will be live on Pay Per View, NOT in front of these Virginian dirtbags here tonight.

Quote:

VS.

It's main event time now.....and for Chris Benoit it's a big one, but for Diamond Dallas Page it's quite possibly the biggest match of his life.....because their opponents are none other than the Mega Maniacs, two thirds of the Trinity, Randy "Macho Man" Savage, and the man who up until he got Diamond Cuttered on the outside last week, refused to even acknowledge Diamond Dallas Page's existence....the Warrior....

......I was a little apprehensive as to how well this match would be received, given the fact that you have two iconic main eventers in there with two upper midcarders (at best) in Page and Benoit.....turns out I shouldn't have worried, because this match was fantastic.....

.....be it the fact that the Warrior is now walking slowly to the ring instead of blowing himself up before the match has even begun, or the fact that he's adopted a toned down, more methodical style of offence, whatever it is it's clearly working for him, while Savage is consistently one of the best performers in this and any other match.....

.....the two faces start out really strong, going straight on the attack the second the bell rings, which was sound strategy, because they are a) clearly the underdogs, and b) Savage and Warrior weren't expecting it at all, and it puts them straight on the back foot....if the two Titan men were expecting Benoit and Page to be star struck in this one then they were clearly going to be disappointed, because the only stars DDP and the Crippler are interested in here, are their own stars rising.....

.....it's Page that gets cut off from his opponent when it comes time for the Titans to take control....and if Dallas really wanted the Warriors attention, then he gets it here in droves, because the Tassel wearing Titan is far from happy about the perceived disrespect DDP showed him last week.....eventually however, Dallas is able to duck out of the way of a Warrior flying shoulder tackle, before making his way over to his corner, where Benoit is hopping and pacing like a caged animal, desperate to get back into the fray.....there is the usual "one man house of fire" routine from the fresher Benoit, as he takes out both Warrior and Savage single handedly, before Page finally gets back into the fray, tackling the Warrior through the ropes and out to the floor.....and this one looks like it may well be over, because Randy Savage finds himself trapped in the Crippler Crossface, and it doesn't look as though it's going to take long before the former WWF and WCW Champion gives up here.......

.....Warrior sees this, and looks to get back into the ring to break it up....Page holds him back however.....and in a desperate measure to prevent Savage the humiliation of submitting, he picks up a steel chair from ringside and absolutely nails DDP over the head with it, right in the officials view, leaving him no choice but to call for the bell.......this one is over folks, and while Benoit and Page are victorious, it's probably not the type of victory they were hoping for.....

Winner(s): Chris Benoit & Diamond Dallas Page (via Disqualification)
Rating: A

(OOC: Not the match rating I was expecting at all, especially with the number of road agent notes I had to use to get Savage and Warrior to agree to lose.....Keep Strong: Savage/Warrior, Protect: Savage/Warrior, Cheap Win, Deliberate DQ Win.....sometimes with these Savage/Warrior/Hogan matches I don't know who's going to win myself until I see who's willing to play ball, every bloody plan needs a contingency)

Quote:

.......with the bell ringing, Chris Benoit must think he's secured the victory for his team.....the steel chair crashing across his back however must give him an idea that everything maybe isn't quite as it seems.....and as Warrior brings the chair down a further two times, Savage signals to the back......clearly Dallas Page and Chris Benoit need to learn their place in the pecking order, and as the entire Titans of Wrestling group make their way out from the back, it looks like class is about to be in session.....

.....Warrior throws down the steel chair and heads to the outside, where he and the Totally Awesome Trinity of Copeland, Cage and Traylor proceed to show DDP exactly why he doesn't belong in the ring with a legend of the sport like the Warrior, beating the snot out of him....

.....back in the ring, Savage, Buff, Hollywood, and even Levesque, surround the downed Chris Benoit......Macho, Bagwell and Hogan look about ready to unleash a monumental ass whipping....literally, because Hollywood is unstrapping that weight lifting belt....but Levesque tells them to stop.....

....the Titans don't look too happy about that.....especially after Levesque refusal to finish off Sting once and for all last week....but Levesque said earlier that he was going to unleash that killer instinct, picking up the steel chair discarded by the Warrior moments ago, and telling Hogan to get Benoit up to his feet.....

.....Hollywood smiles at that, finally Levesque is acting like a Titan....and he drags the Crippler to a standing position, hooking his arms behind his back and holding him in position, as Levesque spends a few moments talking trash to the Canadian, before swinging the chair full force at his head......

.....except Benoit moves......

.....and it's Hollywood that takes the full force of the blow.....

.....with the head of the family down and out in the middle of the ring, the action comes to a standstill as the Titans cease their assault and all surround Hollywood....he is out cold from that blow, and it's a blow that's come from his own team mate....

.....to be fair, Levesque appears to be just as concerned as the rest of the group....it was an accident after all....or was it? Because as the viewers at home are treated to a replay, it's blatantly obvious that it was Levesque taking the time to talk trash that gave Benoit the opportunity it's to break free.....but on top of that, the replay shows that not only did Benoit break free wayyyyy before Levesque swung the chair.....but Levesque never took his eyes off Hogan for one second.....there's no way that shot was accidental.....was it payback for that baseball bat shot a few weeks back?.....

.....we're going to have to wait to find out, because we are out of time.....and this show is finishing on the rare sight of the Titans gathered around the downed WCW Champion Hollywood Hogan, with looks of concern etched on their collective faces.....although as the show fades to black, Levesque's facade slips slightly, and the final shot of the evening is Jean Paul Levesque with a big smirk on his face, looking down at the man he will challenge for the World title in just two weeks at Halloween Havoc.....see you next week folks.....

Final Rating: B+