View Single Post
Unread 08-28-2018, 01:08 PM
Major League

Week 2, October 1997
Hirsch Memorial Coliseum (Shreveport, Louisiana)
ATT: 10,000
TV: 18.41
Announce Team: Tony Schiavone, Bobby Heenan and Mike Tenay

Quote:

Never mind what the boys up north are doing, it's Monday night, and the ONLY Titans of Wrestling worth watching, are right here in WCW brother.....speaking of which, the Titans are out in force to open the show, with Vince Russo leading the troops down to the ring...and while Hogan and Co. look as confident as ever, Jean Paul Levesque doesn't look particularly pleased, bringing up the rear a good few feet behind the rest of his team mates.....

......the group get into the ring, where Vince Russo says that the wrestling world is abuzz with the Titans of Wrestling, and everywhere you turn there's some idiot who thinks he's got what it takes to compete with the Titans.....the Road Warriors think they have a chance of holding onto those Tag Team Titles against Copeland and Cage ("they're wrong") Chris Benoit thinking he's going to break through that glass ceiling and hang with the Macho Man ("so wrong bro") Diamond Dallas Page thinking that the Warrior is EVER going to stoop so low as to get in the ring with a Jersey dirtbag like him ("bro, just stop.....you're embarrassing yourself") and then there's the worst one of all.......Sting ("hiding up in the rafters like the damn Phantom of the Opera.....Hollywood, tell that Brandon Lee wanna be what's gonna happen the next time he sticks his nose in Titan business.")....

.....Hogan takes the microphone and looks up at the rafters, before inviting Sting to come and drop down from the ceiling right now, and let's see how tough he really is.....

".....see for the last few weeks I've been taking it easy on you brother....you're obviously going through a hard time, and Hollywood Hogan, being the nice guy that I am, I've been letting things slide dude.....you've had a free pass, but that all stops now....."

......Hollywood says that Sting has been hiding away like a hormonal teenager because he's not getting what he wants......he says that when he pinned Sting one, two, three in the middle of the ring, Sting lost the opportunity to challenge for the WCW Title as long as Hogan was the Champion ("but this isn't the only title in WCW dudes.....Sting could have stepped down and challenged for a title a little bit more on his level, the United States Title....he could have found a partner and gone for the Tag Team Titles.....but then......you don't have much luck when it comes to partners do you Stinger?")......

......Hollywood pats the Warrior on the back and laughs at that remark, before saying that Sting hasn't done that....instead, he hasn't wrestled AT ALL in almost two months.....he tells Sting that he has two choices.....one, stop this little mid-life crisis.....step back into the ring.....swallow his pride, and maybe see if Eddie Guerrero will let him have a crack at the "secondary" title.....OR.....stop hiding in the rafters.....stop trying to sneak attack Hollywood.....and just leave.....

".....because if you're waiting up there for the day that Hollywood loses this title before you step back in the ring, you're going to be waiting a long time.....because no one outside of the Trinity is on my level brother.....not you....not Luger....not that big stinky Giant.....none of these Johnny come Lately's like Rikishi or The Rock.....nobody......absolutely nobody is on Hollywood Hogan's level jack......"

".......what about me?....."

.....that breaks Hogan's tirade.....because it seems as though Jean Paul Levesque has something to say on the matter.....

".....what about me huh? Am I not on your level?.....because it seems to me like we're just three weeks away from Halloween Havoc, and for the past TWO weeks, I've had a baseball bat wrapped around my skull.....now MAYBE the first one wasn't your fault.....you definitely could have DONE more than run away like you'd seen a ghost, but ok, I let that one go....but LAST week "brother"....that was all you....so I gotta ask....are all these little mishaps purely coincidental? Or is someone playing the long game ahead of OUR match for YOUR belt?...."

.....it's a valid question.....Hogan DID leave Levesque high and dry two weeks ago on Nitro....and he DID "accidentally" nail him with a baseball bat to the skull last week....but Hollywood says that he's got it all wrong....this is all Sting's doing....the man is unstable, he even sucker punched his so called friend Lex Luger last week.....

.....Hollywood says that at Halloween Havoc, he and Levesque are going to have a match for the WCW Title....they're going to go to war, that goes without saying.....but when the dust settles, at the end of the day, they're going to find out exactly who the better man is, and then they're going to go back to doing what the Titans do best.....and that's run this place....Levesque says that's all well and good.....

".....but tell me this......who do YOU think is the better man?....."

.....Hogan doesn't answer for a moment, before finally he looks into Levesques eyes, telling him that I guess they're going to find out at Halloween Havoc....

....Levesque turns to the rest of the Titans, asking them who THEY think the better man is....but before any of them can answer he cuts them off.....

".....you know what, it doesn't matter.....for the last two weeks, when I've needed back up, not ONE of you has been there.....so you know what, I don't need any of your help to do anything....I've got Lex Luger tonight in the main event....I don't need ANY of you out there for that either, especially YOU Hollywood after last week.....so all of you do me a favour and stay in the back tonight....and then maybe I can go one week without getting a baseball bat bounced off my skull....."

.....Russo tells Levesque to calm down, it doesn't have to be like this, they're all friends here.....but Levesque says no....they're not....he says that friends have each other's backs....friends watch out for each other....he says that he's only ever had four real friends in this entire industry.....and maybe.............maybe it's time he remembered exactly who his REAL friends are.....

.....with that Levesque tosses down the microphone and (in a sight becoming more and more frequent) heads to the back alone, leaving the rest of the Titans in the ring, as a promo for Halloween Havoc airs.

Rating: A*

Quote:

VS.

Our first match sees Diamond Dallas Page in action, as he goes one on one with perennial jobber to the stars VK Wallstreet....Page has got one eye on the Warrior, after issuing several (as yet unanswered) challenges...in fact, the Warrior has yet to even acknowledge Page's existence, a fact that is starting to grind the Jersey Shore native's gears....

....with that being said, Dallas was still more than a match for Wallstreet, and if anything he had something to prove as he decisively put his opponent away one, two, three in the middle of the ring with the Diamond Cutter.

Winner: Diamond Dallas Page
Rating: B-

Quote:

With the match in the bag, Mean Gene makes his way out to join Dallas and Kimberly in the ring....he spends a few minutes shilling the hotline (0900 909 9900) telling us that all is not as harmonious in the World Wrestling Federation as they would have you believe....call now and select option two to hear all the inside information on a backstage fight between Ahmed Johnson and Don Harris over a car rental of all things, as well as one Scott Hall being his usual obnoxious self, taking a swing at the much bigger Nelson....

.....with the cheap plugs over Gene turns to Page, saying that for weeks now Dallas has come out here and levied challenge after challenge towards the Warrior....challenges that have so far gone unanswered, and if Vince Russo earlier in the evening is anything to go by, shall CONTINUE to go unanswered....clearly the Warrior does not see Diamond Dallas Page worthy of his time.....

.....Page says no, but that's going to be a mistake that costs him.....it's going to cost them all....Warrior, Savage, Hogan.....Bagwell, Traylor, those two blonde bimbo's from Canada.....Diamond Dallas Page is going to prove to them ALL, that DDP is the real deal.....he wants Warrior.....he wants Hogan....he's gonna get them too.....one way or another......

".....so let's try it the easy way one more time Gene-O....Warrior....listen close....I want the Ultimate Jack-off in the ring at Halloween Havoc, it's that simple....so walk your muscle bound butt out here right now, growl a yes, and lets make this match happen....."

.....Gene, Dallas and Kimberly stand there in anticipation for a moment....but clearly the Warrior isn't coming....Page shakes his head and let's out a little laugh, telling Gene that it looks like they're going to have to do this the hard way....

".....that's fine by me....because I can guarantee you one thing, by the end of the night, the Ultimate Jack-off is going to know EXACTLY who Diamond Dallas Page is....and at Halloween Havoc, he will.....feel....the....BANG!....."

Rating: A

Quote:

VS.

It's time for the first of two title matches scheduled for this evening, as defending champion Eddie Guerrero put his United States Championship on the line against relative newcomer Yoshihiro Tajiri....

....Tajiri has impressed in recent weeks, especially with his fighting spirit, as emphasised last week when he came out to confront Mortis....

....Guerrero has been impressive of late as well, and with it developed quite the cocky attitude....but then, when your laundry list of victories includes wins over Chris Benoit, Diamond Dallas Page, Jeff Hardy, and most recently Rikishi, why wouldn't you be confident....but then, his confidence obviously only stretches so far, because he quickly rebuffed the challenge of the Rock when confronted, and fortunately for him, the Rock appears to have his hands full with Kevin Sullivan and The Forgotten.....for now at least.....

....as for this match, it was actually pretty damn good considering the fact that Tajiri is still somewhat of a nobody....Eddie was certainly not afraid to sell for the newcomer, and at one point his title reign looked to be in serious trouble......

....especially when Mortis came walking out from the back, along with his manager James Vandenberg....obviously this duo have taken exception to the fact that young Tajiri had the audacity to come after them.....

....the masked man climbs up onto the apron, and he has that Jester Cane in hand, waiting for the exact moment to strike......

.....which is when Jeff Hardy comes bounding down the aisle, taking out Vandenberg as he goes, before sweeping Mortis' feet out from under him and dragging him to the floor, where the two rivals proceed to brawl all the way to the back and far away from this match.....

.....unfortunately for Tajiri, Mortis dropped that cane as he fell, and with the official distracted by the two men brawling to the back, Eddie picks up the weapon and cracks his opponent in the skull with it.....and three seconds later, Eddie Guerrero is STILL your United States Champion.

Winner: ....and Still WCW United States Champion.....Eddie Guerrero
Rating: B

Quote:

Eddie is handed his Championship, which he snatches from the official before kicking Tajiri out of the ring and grabbing a microphone, which he uses to declare himself the greatest US Champion of all time....

....he says that month after month he comes out here turning away challenge after challenge....he says that the way things are going he is going to run out of opponents before long esŤ....and when that day comes, they'll just have to retire this title, much the same way that the greatest footballers have their numbers retired, because NO ONE is taking this title away from Eddie Guerrero.....

....Tony Schiavone says that Eddie might be a great champion, but he's a long way away from being the greatest...and Tony can think of a number of people that have yet to have a shot at that title, citing Curt Hennig and The Rock as examples, while saying that arguably, had it not been for Randy Savage, Chris Benoit could well be standing here as the US Champion right now....

....but he's not....and for now at least, it doesn't look as though Mr. Guerrero is losing anytime soon.

Rating: N/A

Quote:

VS.

Speaking of future potential United States title contenders, with the way Bill Goldberg is going, you might have to consider adding his name to that list if he keeps up this winning streak that he is on.....of course, that could all come to a screeching halt tonight, as he faces what is arguably....no, definitely....the toughest test of his short career....because tonight he's up against one of the toughest men in this sport, The Barbarian.....

.....the match was actually pretty good, certainly one of the rookies best so far....Barbarian was more than a match when it came to pure power, and he certainly pushed Goldberg further than anyone else has managed....but while the two men were evenly matched in terms of strength, it was Goldberg's intensity that gave him the upper hand here, and he finished the Barbarian off with the Spear/Jackhammer combination, keeping his winning streak alive at 29-0.

Winner: Bill Goldberg
Rating: B-

(OOC): I was actually a little apprehensive about giving Goldberg a win over the Barbarian so short into his career, but I've recently been working my way through the Monday night wars era on the network, and I'm just up to the debut of Goldberg.....he literally defeated the Barbarian in his second match so I figured his 29th match was perfectly acceptable.

Quote:

A huge win for the Rookie Monster Bill Goldberg....as he celebrates his victory however, it looks as though his evening might not be over just yet, because The Barbarian's Faces of Fear teammate Meng makes his way out from the back....

.....he stops to check on his partner on the outside, before turning to snarl at Goldberg in the ring, who in turn snarls right back, inviting the Islander to come and try him if he thinks he can do any better than Barb....

.....it looks like Meng is going to take him up on the offer too, as he climbs up onto the apron....before these two behemoths can come to blows however, Jimmy Hart talks his man down, telling him that this is not the time. Meng seems to think that this is the perfect time, but reluctantly he allows himself to be talked to the back, leaving Goldberg to celebrate his victory in the ring.

Quote:

VS. VS.

Our second title match of the evening is actually a three way affair, as his Lordship, Steven Regal, puts the Television Title on the line against both Fit Finlay and Lance Storm in a triangle match.....

....this match came about after both Finlay and Storm lost their respective title matches in rather questionable circumstances, which brings us to this evening in a match where not only can the champion lose his title without even being pinned, but (as the announcers inform us) the Blue Bloods have been barred from ringside by the face of the Championship Committee, Eric Bischoff....

.....as for the match, it was good, Regal and Storm have similar styles, and between them were able to adjust enough to Finlay's more smash mouth style of brawling that the contest didn't seem to awkward....

....being that there were two heels in this match, it was only natural that Fit Finlay would find himself double teamed for a good portion of the match, especially considering that all this started with a feuding Regal and Finlay, as well as the fact that it was the Irishman who cost Lance Storm the Television Title a few weeks back. Regal attempted to get Storm onto his side, buttering up the Canadian with a view to convincing him to help him retain his championship, Storm appeared to be going along with it too, at least until the perfect opportunity to strike arose, and he snatched Regals feet out from under him before locking in the Canadian Maple Leaf.....

....of course the problem with these three way matches, is that you need to have neutralised one of your opponents before focusing on the other....and Fit Finlay wasn't neutralised....which was why he was able to break up the submission attempt with a stiff kick to the back of Storms head, which DID somewhat neutralise the Canadian, who rolls to the outside to recuperate from the blow to the skull...

....Finlay and Regal pick up the pace now, as we have a repeat of the stiff brawl that started this whole mess to begin with. The two men hammer each other with rights and lefts, kicks, knees and stiff forearm shots, before Finlay finally manages to catch hold of the champion and plant him in the mat with his own variation of the Tombstone Piledriver......

.......for the one......

......and only the one.....

......because Lance Storm rolls back into the ring, drags Finlay off Regal and tosses him to the outside, before covering the Champion himself.....for the one, the two.......and the three.....and we have a new champion here tonight.

Winner: ....and New WCW Television Champion.....Lance Storm

Quote:

We come back from commercial, and much like last week, Col. Robert Parker is in the ring with the Samoan SWAT Team....although this week he's standing quite a few feet further away from them after getting quite the beating on Nitro....

....he stammers on his words, clearly a little bit nervous to be standing in the same ring Fatu and Samu, but as he wipes the sweat from his brow with a handkerchief, he says that he's going to try this one more time.....

....he says that he KNOWS that The SST could be the team to beat around here, and if he could just harness their animalistic instincts he could make them not only unstoppable, but the WCW Tag Team Champions as well....The Samoan's, well, they don't really look like they have any idea why this idiot would be back out out here with them again, and they slowly begin to circle Parker like vultures around a carcass, with the Colonel backing up so quickly he almost trips through the middle ropes....he holds up his hands, telling the Samoan's that what they have here is a simple case of failure to communicate.....

".....but hold up now, hold up......they say that two heads are better than one, and I have one of the prettiest heads going right here tonight.....and I'm sure between the four of us we can formulate some sort of a plan....."

....and that pretty head apparently belongs to Sister/Sensational/Sensuous, call her what you will.....tonight apparently she's Samoan Sherri, and The Colonel seems to think that she might be the key to success for Samu and Fatu.....although quite why he thinks that is anyone's guess.....

.....Sherri gets into the ring and does at least manage to calm the Samoan's down enough that they no longer want to gnaw on Parkers head like a chicken bone, before she calls out Madusa and her Mutts, proclaiming that they want a match with the Pitbull, and they want it right NOW.....

Quote:

VS.

.....so here we are.....again.....as the Samoan SWAT Team once again do battle with the Pitbulls....and once again they are rather confused as to why Robert Parker is in their corner, and somewhat distracted by the fact that this week, Sherri has joined him....you'd think the Pitbulls would be sick of facing the Samoans by now, but here they are, ready to pick up another victory.....

.....Madusa is much more of a benefit to her men that either Parker OR Sherri are to their unwilling team....in fact, Sherri's shrill orders from the outside is more of a hindrance than anything, because every time they turn to try and decipher her shrieks, they wind up getting nailed every single time by their opponents.......

.....until randomly, this gentleman comes walking out from the back.....Gary Hart.....

.....he walks right into the middle of Parker and Sherri barking conflicting orders at the increasingly confused and frustrated Samoan's, spinning the Colonel around and clocking him right in the jaw.....

.....Hart knows the Samoan's very well, having managed them back in World Class in the mid 80's, and he climbs up onto the apron, calling both Fatu and Samu over....he leans over the ropes and whispers something unheard to the two men, who simply nod, climb out of the ring.....and head to the back with Hart (stepping over the still down Colonel and past the shrieking Sherri) leaving the official with no choice but to call for the bell, and declare the Pitbulls the winners once more.

Winner(s): The Pitbulls (via deliberate Count-Out)
Rating: C+

Quote:

VS.

From there we go virtually straight to our next match....which sees some strange bedfellows indeed, as the Road Warriors join forces with one of the teams that will be challenging them for the WCW Tag Team Titles at Halloween Havoc, Mike Awesome and Gideon Cain.....and as if co-existing wouldn't be a big enough of a problem in this one, there is also the fact that their opponents are the Titans of Wrestling to contend with.....but not just ANY incarnation of the Titans.....this is a Titans team with one third of the Trinity on it, because Adam Copeland, Christian Cage, and Ray Traylor will be joining forces with the Warrior.....

....this ain't your momma's Warrior though....this ain't the rope shaking bundle of intensity that Adam Copland watched win the WWF Title at Wrestlemania VI....this is the black and white wearing, mute, aloof Warrior.....a Warrior that thinks he's above 99% of the rest of the roster, and a man who's character (funnily enough) isn't too far removed from the black and white wearing, mute, aloof Sting's character.....the same Sting that he betrayed, leading to the franchise player of WCW disappearing up into the rafters in the first place......

....this was a decent match, with the main story being the Road Warriors, Awesome, and Cain attempting to work as a team, and not turn on each other.....something that they managed....just....and only because both teams wanted to get their hands on Copeland and Cage.....of course getting to the Canadians was never going to be easy when you've got to get through The Enforcer and The Warrior first, and Warrior was keen to test his strength against the four powerhouses on the other team....clearly when you look like a Gideon Cain, (who lets face it, looks much more like the typical wrestler than a Diamond Dallas Page does) Warrior still wants to prove exactly who the strong man of WCW is.......oh......and speaking of DDP......

.....he makes his way out for this one, just about the time that Hawk makes the hot tag and the match descends into chaos....chaos that sees most of the action spill to the outside, where Mike Awesome and Warrior find themselves trading blows in the aisleway....neither is the legal man, so with the official concentrating on the action IN the ring, he misses DDP walking up behind the Titan man.....spinning him around......

......and dropping him face first on the floor with the Diamond Cutter.......

......Tony Schiavone loses his mind at that, screaming that Diamond Dallas Page vowed to make an impression on the Warrior tonight, while Bobby Heenan says that he made an impression alright, he made an impression in the concrete with the Warriors face......

......back inside the ring and the Titans now find themselves in the unusual position of being outnumbered, a fact that leads to Christian Cage finding himself up on the shoulders of Road Warrior Animal, as Road Warrior Hawk comes flying off the top with that flying clothesline.....meaning that one Doomsday Device and three seconds later, the Titans of Wrestling find themselves eating a rare (and very surprising) defeat.

Winner(s): The Road Warriors, Mike Awesome & Gideon Cain

Quote:

That was a huge momentum building victory for the Road Warriors, and quite possibly one of the biggest wins of Missy's two monsters careers, but now that they no longer need to co-exist, they quickly turn on each other, as a huge brawl erupts in the ring....and with the three other (well, two other, now Cage is down and out) Titans pre-occupied in the ring, that leaves Page on the floor with the Warrior, where he stands over him, asking if the Warrior knows he exists now?......

.....with that Randy Savage comes walking out from the back, pointing at DDP and talking angrily as he goes, telling Dallas that he's got some nerve putting his unworthy hands on the Warrior.....Savage has had just about enough of the "scrubs" around here thinking they can hang with the elite....first Chris Benoit had the audacity to bust open the Macho Man, and now Page thinks he can hang with the Warrior?....Savage says he's gonna kick Dallas' ass right now so that the Warrior doesn't have too......Page doesn't look too concerned however, smirking at Savage as he comes.....why is he smirking?.....

......because unbeknown to the Macho Man, Chris Benoit is walking about three paces behind him the whole way, and as he finally finishes his tirade, the Crippler spins him around and lights up his chest with a series of knife edge chops, before he and Page play one punch pinball as the each take it in turns to lay one on Savage.....

.....the Warrior pulls himself to his feet with the aid of a crowd barrier, and groggily shakes the cobwebs away, before staring with fury at Diamond Dallas Page....it looks like Dallas has FINALLY got the Warriors attention....and he drags Page away from Savage, as the two men begin trading blows alongside Macho and Benoit's ongoing battle.....

.....there's chaos in the ring and chaos in the aisles, chaos that Doug Dillinger and his team desperately attempt to put a stop to, as we go to the back.....

Quote:

....where Mean Gene is standing by with the uneasy alliance that is Lex Luger and the Giant....

....Gene says that last week, the Giant picked up a victory over Lugers opponent tonight, Jean Paul Levesque, while Lex Luger, well, he didn't have quite as successful of an evening, after getting clocked right in the jaw by his "friend" Sting, leaving Gene to ask Lex, where exactly is Stings head at these days? Luger says that he doesn't know, because Sting won't speak to him....he won't speak to anybody.....

.....he says that Sting is in a dark place right now, but Luger isn't about to turn his back on his friend....he says that a lot of people (himself included) have let the Stinger down over the years, but when Sting is ready, Luger is going to be standing here with the hand of friendship extended, ready to stand by his side ("just like I'm going to be standing there with the hand of friendship extended to the Giant after out Halloween Havoc match")....

....Gene says that's admirable, before asking the Giant if he's going to be making the same offer? Giant shrugs, giving an unconvincing "sure" before telling Gene that he'll be proving his friendship tonight, when he accompanies Lex to the ring......Luger stops him there, telling the Giant that won't be necessary, Levesque has vowed to do this on his own tonight, no Titan interference, which means that the Total Package is going it alone too, so that he can show the world exactly who the better man is......

.....Giant looks at Luger for a moment, telling him that if he really believes that then he's an even bigger dummy than his buddy Sting....but if that's the way he wants it then whatever, it's no skin off the Giant's nose, giving him a rather insincere "good luck" before walking off as Luger heads the other way in preparation for our main event.

Rating: B+

Quote:

VS.

Well true to his word, Jean Paul Levesque does make his way out alone for this one, not a Titan in sight, but then the match is young.....Levesque will be looking to get some momentum back after losing to the Giant last week, while Luger is certainly not going to want to lose to someone who JUST lost to the man Luger will be facing at Halloween Havoc....

.....Levesque had a great showing last week, his match with the Giant gave Nitro arguably (definitely) its best rating since the programme began....and he does it again this week with Luger, because once again this match was fantastic (as Levesque finally begins to display these main event qualities that he always claimed he had).....

.....it was an open contest, and most surprisingly a clean contest, because Levesque is out to prove that he can beat anyone here in WCW on his own, no short cuts, no excuses....of course, life doesn't always go the way you planned........

.....because after Luger inadvertently takes the official out with a mistimed shoulder block, he and Levesque have the same idea at the same time, wiping each other out with a simultaneous double clothesline......and with both men down, and the official out, Hollywood Hogan comes running down the aisle and slides into the ring, where he drops the Legdrop of Doom across the throat of Luger, tossing Levesque on top of the Total Package, before rolling the referee back into the ring, for the tainted victory that Jean Paul most certainly lay didn't want.

Winner: Jean Paul Levesque

Quote:

Hogan pulls Levesque to his feet, congratulating him on his "victory", before motioning to the back, which brings the rest of the Titans of Wrestling out from the back, as the entire group circle Luger, and as Levesque angrily tells Hogan that he was quite clear when he said he didn't want any help, but Hogan ignores him and turns to give the order to the rest of the Titans to commence their attack.....and commence they do....as the entire group (with the exception of Levesque, who stands back and watches with a disgusted look on his face) proceed to kick and stomp the hell out of the Total Package.....who is SERIOUSLY outnumbered here.....

.....thankfully not for long....because the Giant is here, and he's making his way down the aisle.....

.....or....he WAS making his way down the aisle.....before he suddenly comes to an abrupt stop, turning to a nearby camera with a smile as he over-dramatically smacks the palm of his hand against his head ("I'm such a doofus...Lex told me to stay in the back tonight didn't he") and just like that, he turns and heads straight back to the locker room, leaving Luger quite literally laying.....

.....meanwhile back into the ring, Ray Traylor has thrown a bag into the ring, which Buff Bagwell opens up to reveal the spray paint....it looks like Lex Luger is about to get tagged......

.....which is when Sting drops from the ceiling, landing square in the middle of the ring....and as he unhooks his safety harness the action comes to a screeching halt....after all, last week Sting attacked Lex Luger, maybe this week he's here to finish the job.....and as he pulls out a baseball bat from inside his coat, that may well be the case......except it's not.....

.....because Sting swings straight for Traylor, knocking the Enforcer out of the ring as he nails him with the bat......Hogan quickly bails from the ring when it's clear that Sting is here for the Titans.....and one by one the rest of the Titans join him as the get dispatched by the Stinger....Buff Bagwell is the first taken out, as Sting swings the bat hard into his gut.....followed by Copeland, then Cage, who both taste the bat......even Savage and the Warrior head to the outside when Sting starts swinging, and the lone wolf of World Championship Wrestling has cleared the ring of the entire Titans of Wrestling faction.......well.....almost.....

.....because Jean Paul Levesque (who never helped, nor hindered the assault on Luger) is still standing there, and he's not backing down an inch.....

.....Sting turns and stares down Levesque....before (much has he's done to Hogan in recent weeks) he takes one step forward, lifting the bat up and sticking it right in the face of Levesque, who to his credit, doesn't even flinch.....

.....there is a tense moment as the two men stand frozen in this position, before Sting finally moves the bat away from Levesques face, only to hand it to him.....turn his back....and stand arms outstretched, inviting the Titan man to attack him.....

......Levesque looks down at the bat.....then looks down at the Titans (who are screaming at him to finish it, take out Sting).....before looking up at the back of the Stinger......

.....and tossing the bat down.....

......Hogan can't believe it on the outside, screaming at Levesque that he could have ended this right here, right now....but Levesque simply kicks the bat further away, before turning, climbing out of the ring, and heading to the back without so much as a word to his Titan teammates, who stand there in shock as another jam packed edition of Monday Nitro comes to a close.

Rating: A*

Final Rating: A