View Single Post
Unread 08-16-2018, 05:23 AM
Major League

Week 1, October 1997
Breslin Center (East Lansing, Michigan)
ATT: 15,000
TV: 34.13

Quote:

It's Monday night, it's prime time, and if you're looking to watch a bunch of boys playing you're watching the wrong show brother, because this is Raw is War.....and our MEN don't play....

....the show opens to the unmistakable sound of Bret "The Hitman" Hart's entrance theme, as the former three time WWF Champion makes his way down the aisle, accompanied (as he usually is) by the WWF Intercontinental Champion Owen Hart, the former two time (and final) WWF Light Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho (who, yes, is STILL wearing that retired Title Belt around his waist) and last but not least, the Bodyguard himself.....no, not Kevin Cosner, the 6'6", 280lb Test.....

....the quartet enter the ring, and to say that the Hitman had a sourpuss expression on his face would be an understatement....after all, this former three time WWF Champion had the chance last week to become FOUR time Champion, but after Kevin Nash assaulted him before he even had chance to get into the ring, the Hitman never stood a chance.....

....Hart lets the boo's die down, before bringing a microphone to his lips.....he pauses however, before dropping it again, looking lost for words.....Owen comes up behind him and begins massaging his shoulders as he and Jericho give him some words of encouragement. Reluctantly the Hitman brings the microphone to his lips, telling the crowd that he just doesn't know what to say anymore.....

".....I mean, I come out here week in and week out, offering irrefutable proof that the entire World Wrestling Federation, from the very top to the very bottom, has done nothing but go out of its way to screw me every chance they get, and yet you idiots in the crowd accuse me....accuse US, of being paranoid crybabies.....yet just last week, when I was FINALLY about to get my shot at regaining MY title.....the Title that I was screwed out of to begin with I may add.....and what happened? I got screwed again......

....Kevin Nash didn't even have the guts to come at me face to face like a man, because he knows that I'd have taken him out in about five seconds. No, instead he has to hide in the crowd, jumping me when I'm least expecting it and leaving me in no fit state to perform at anywhere near 100%. Now being the man that I am, having the pure fighting heart of a Canadian champion that I do, I still stayed out here to compete against Ahmed Johnson...and yeah, Ahmed Johnson beat me, but there's no way he could defeat a healthy Bret Hart....

....Nash, you and your little band of misfits, you can call yourself whatever you want....the Wolfpac, the KLiQ, hell call yourselves the super-friends for all I care, it really doesn't matter. Everybody knows exactly what you are, you're nothing but a bunch of damn mercenaries...well Canadians, we have a little bit more honour that that.....we fight FAIR, face to face, but I'm telling you now that you've screwed me for the absolute last time, and the NEXT time you get in OUR way, we'll have no problem in taking you out for good...

....but that's not why I'm out here tonight..........Ahmed Johnson, if you've got any guts....if you're any sort of a man at all, you WILL give me another shot at the World Wrestling Federation Championship, and you'll do it live on Pay Per View, at Badd Blood, so the whole world can see exactly who is the best there is, who is the best there was, and who is, the best there ever will be...and I've got a news flash for you Ahmed Johnson, it won't be you.....it'll be me....."

".....well Mr. Hart, it would seem like we're in the rather unique position of being able to help each other out....."

....the crescendo of jeers begins again as the owner of the World Wrestling Federation, Mr. Vincent Kennedy McMahon makes his way out onto the stage. Obviously learning from last weeks folly (where Stone Cold Steve Austin assaulted the unaccompanied McMahon in his own office) his personal Problem Solver Kane is right there by his side with him too. Bret doesn't look particularly pleased to see Vince, neither of these men are fan favourites right now, but Bret and Vince haven't seen eye to eye now for quite some time....

"....see, you don't like me, and quite frankly Bret, I don't like you either....but there's an old saying that goes 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend', and I do believe we have a mutual enemy if you will, in the form of one Stone Cold Steve Austin...."

....the crowd pops at the mention of Stone Cold, as a loud Austin chant breaks out. Vince doesn't let the crowd slow him down however, telling Bret that he knows there are still unsettled issues between himself and Austin, to which Bret agree's, telling Vince that he hates Steve Austin's guts, but Steve Austin isn't the WWF Champion, Ahmed Johnson is the WWF Champion, and the WWF Championship is Brets number one priority right now....

....Vince and Kane make their way down the aisle, climbing into the ring as McMahon says that he understands that, but last week, Stone Cold Steve Austin did the unimaginable....he didn't just Stun McMahon like he did a few weeks back, he out and out assaulted him in his own locker room....

"....and quite frankly, I'm enough of a man to admit that he, well he kicked my ass....BUT, much like you and Kevin Nash last week, Steve Austin assaulted me when my back was turned...he jumped me when I was least expecting it. Had I seen him coming then I'd wager to say the outcome might have been a little bit different...."

....Bret looks sceptical of that, telling McMahon to get to the point. Vince says that Kane is going to destroy Steve Austin at Badd Blood, that goes without saying...but he wants Austin to suffer tonight....he wants him beaten....he wants him....humbled....he says that tonight, in the main event, he wants Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Bret "The Hitman" Hart....and if Bret can defeat Austin, if Bret can knock him down a peg or two....then Vincent Kennedy McMahon will personally sign off on Bret's WWF Championship match at Badd Blood.....

....Bret smiles at that, as Vince offers a handshake.....

".....well? What do you say............pal?....."

....the Hitman hesitates, but only for a moment, taking Vince's hand in his and telling him that he has a deal, and he's shaking hands with the next World Wrestling Federation Champion.

Rating: A

Quote:

VS.

We're rolling back the years here as we step far outside of the "new" generation and get a glimpse of two men who as members of the legendary Four Horsemen, were "attitude" before attitude was a buzz word, because it's Barry Windham taking on Ric Flair....

....last week we saw the other two members of the 1990 incarnation of the Horsemen collide, when Psycho Sid defeated Arn Anderson. Of course, Steve Austin had a hand in that, but you have to believe that the Enforcer was going to struggle to defeat the Master and Ruler of the World regardless...

....speaking of Arn and Sid, they're both out here tonight accompanying their respective partners for this match, and it was a good match too. Windham and Flair haven't really shared a ring in a high profile setting since The Nature Boy defeated Big Barry for the NWA Championship back at Beach Blast 1993, where Flair pinned the Sweet Water native as Windham was trapped inside the Figure Four....

....and it's the Figure Four Windham will have to avoid tonight as well if he wants to pick up the victory, problem is, the Figure Four isn't the only weapon in the Nature Boys arsenal, especially when Arn Anderson is at ringside. Because as Windham attempts to suplex Flair back into the ring from the apron, Anderson clips the leg, causing Flair to crash down on top of his one time team mate, and as the official makes the count, not only does Flair have both feet on the middle rope for leverage, but Anderson is also holding BOTH of Windham's legs down to prevent the kick out.....and that's exactly why they call him the dirtiest player in the game.

Winner: Ric Flair
Rating: B

Quote:

No sooner has the bell rang, than Big Psycho Sid is climbing into the ring.....it's all academic though, because Ric Flair is OUT of the ring, far quicker than Sid can get IN to it, as he and Anderson back away with huge smiles on their faces....

....Windham still has plenty of fight left in him, and Sid is fresh as a daisy, begging the Nature Boy and The Enforcer to come on up and step between those ropes with the Master and Ruler of the World. Flair has his win however, and that's more than enough for him tonight, telling Sid "not today, big boy", before grabbing a microphone from ringside.....

"......Barry Windham....you just found out first hand, exactly why they call ME the Dirtiest Player in the Game pal.....and Sid....big boy, if you weren't such a big dummy, you might know better.....see there's two types of people in this world....there's those that are GREAT.....and then there are those who have greatness thrust upon them....Ric Flair and Arn Anderson, we took TWO nobodies and made them superstars, simply by allowing them to hold up FOUR fingers for the world to see....."

.......Flair tells Windham and Sid that they both built a career off the backs of his and Arn's legacy...."riding in MY Limousines.....flying in MY Jet Planes.....carrying OUR bags, while the Nature Boy, (Woooooooo), Ric Flair.....and the Enforcer Arn Anderson, carried you two to the only good performances of your lives".....

......Flair says that on Sunday Night.....October 19th.....there's an event going down called Badd Blood.....and since Brian Pillman is busy....and Kane is busy.....then how about they settle a little bit of their own bad blood.....Horseman style.....

.....Windham and Sid seem happy enough with that, telling the "two Horsemen" that they've been waiting for a chance to settle some very old scores for the last four years....and Badd Blood seems like the perfect place to do it.

Rating: B+

Quote:

From there we head to the back, where newcomer Michael Cole is standing by with the Wolfpac, where he asks a p!ssed off looking Kevin Nash how he feels about hearing the news, that should Bret Hart defeat Stone Cold Steve Austin tonight, then at Badd Blood: In Your House, it will be The Hitman who faces off against WWF Champion Ahmed Johnson, and NOT Kevin Nash.....

.....Nash looks at Cole like he's stupid, before snatching the microphone off him and shoving the WWF's newest backstage interviewer out of shot, telling him to beat it before he finds out first hand exactly how Big Sexy feels about it......

"......so let me get this straight.....Bret Hart comes out during MY title shot at Ground Zero, and he screws Kevin Nash out of becoming the WWF Champion....and he's going to be rewarded with a Championship?.......I don't think so.....

......everyone seems to have forgotten just recently, exactly who I am and what I do......yeah, the Wolfpac, we've been having fun since we got a certain Heartbreak Monkey off our backs, but fun time is over.....WE, were the most dominant group of S.o.B's the WWF has ever seen.....Bret Hart can go around telling people that we screwed him, but the fact of the matter is that me, Scott and the Kid, we spent the best part of twelve months kicking ass and taking names....Ahmed Johnson can talk about his little list of victims all he wants, but he knows, just like everyone else knows, that there ain't a damn name here in the WWF that didn't get a little taste of this KLiQ at some point or another, and tonight.....people are going to remember what the Wolfpac is all about....."

.....with that Kevin Nash walks out of shot (with a very determined look on his face) leaving Hall and Waltman to wiggle their fingers in fear at the camera with a cocky smirk on their respective faces, before they too walk out of shot, but not before the Bad Guy tells us that the Wolfpac are going old school tonight.

Quote:

VS.

It must be about that time again....because it's been a whole seven days since Matt Hardy last put his European Championship on the line, and that's far too long for this young North Carolinian....Jim Ross compliments the fighting spirit of this youngster, stating that we haven't seen a Champion so willing to put his belt on the line here in the World Wrestling Federation for quite some time, not since the days of Bret Hart's early singles career, before following that up by saying that while he doesn't like this new attitude of the Hitman, you can't argue the success he's had here in the WWF, so if Hardy was to model his career on anyone, then pre-jackass Bret Hart isn't a bad choice.....

......Rick Rude however completely disagrees, stating that if Bret Hart wins tonight and then goes on to defeat Ahmed Johnson at Badd Blood for the WWF Championship, does he really think that the Hitman is going to be out here week after week, offering people the opportunity to take the gold from him? Of course not...."you know why not Ross? Because it's a stupid thing to do, and a surefire way to ensure a very short title reign....Bret Hart might have been desperate to impress at one point in his career, but now he's experienced enough and mature enough to know that HAVING a championship is just as impressive and financially rewarding enough....those thirty day mandatory defences are there for a reason...."

....Rude actually kinda has a point, especially when you consider the fact that tonight's opponent is going to be one hell of a test, because he's up against a man who's no stranger to winning Championships, Double J, Jeff Jarrett....and if facing Jeff Jarrett wasn't challenge enough in itself, you've also got the Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase at ringside....

....Hardy puts on a hell of a showing to be fair against the far more experienced Jarrett, who is still selling a limp after the prolonged Ankle Lock abuse he suffered at the hands of Ken Shamrock at Ground Zero: In Your House a few weeks back, and is certainly a step slower than he usually is.....

.....which is probably why DiBiase feels that he might need a helping hand in the form of Rich Steiner, who comes walking out from the back (in the tackiest looking suit known to man) and walks down the aisle with a cocky swagger....

.....Deebs runs the distraction as Steiner grabs Jarrett's trusty Acoustic Equaliser from ringside and rolls into the ring, as Jarrett pins a struggling Matt Hardy's arms behind his back......

.....just as Ken Shamrock comes running down the aisle, rolling into the ring and gripping Steiner around the waist (causing him to drop the guitar) before sending him flying with a belly to back suplex....

.....Shammy doesn't look to have calmed down any from his Ground Zero temper tantrum, as he picks up the dropped guitar and swings it wildly at Jarrett.....just as the official turns around to see the wooden instrument explode over the head of Double J, leaving him no choice but to call for the bell.

Winner: Jeff Jarrett (via Disqualification)
Rating: B-

Quote:

Jarrett is down and out, but Rich Steiner is back on his feet, and he's soon joined by Mark Canterbury and Dennis Knight, as Southern Justice come running out from the back....the three men charge the ring as one, but Shamrock isn't in the mood to play games, and he catches Knight straight away with an overhead belly to belly.....

....Steiner and Canterbury however hit Shamrock at around the same time, and drive him back into the corner where they deliver a two on one kick and stomp session as Shammy is slumped against the turnbuckles.....

.....Dennis Knight gets back to his feet and runs over to join the assault, making it a three on one beatdown....luckily Jarrett is still flat on his back from that guitar shot or things could be much worse....

.....Shamrock does finally get a helping hand as Matt Hardy regains his senses and drags Knight away, exchanging blows with him in the middle of the ring, when suddenly an animalistic scream signals the start of another one of Ken's "episodes" as he suddenly explodes in the corner, sending Canterbury and Steiner reeling backwards as he blows.....

.....the Worlds Most Dangerous Man lives up to his moniker as he comes flying out of the corner swinging....Steiner gets nailed.....Canterbury takes a shot.....Steiner again.....Jarrett finally gets back to his feet, only to be put straight back down.....Canterbury gets nailed again.....finally the Corporation has had enough, and all three men bail from the ring at the same time, as Dennis Knight shoves Hardy away and dives to the outside himself.....

....unfortunately Knight shoves Hardy straight into the back of Shamrock, who isn't exactly in the best frame of mind....and as soon as contact is made he spins around and instinctively drops Hardy with a right hand....

....Shamrock finally realises his mistake, and the red mist begins to fade as he drops down to help Hardy back to his feet....the European Champion clearly isn't happy though, telling Shamrock that he needs to get his temper in check, a statement that clearly aggravates Ken, but he does at least manage to maintain his cool as the two men share a tense moment, and we go to commercial.

Rating: A* (go figure)

Quote:

VS.

We come back from commercial and it's straight back down to ringside, where the colossus Nelson in about to face off against one time partner in the Nation of Domination, Scorpio...

....the Nation have had their hands full recently, not only with the 500lb man mountain that is Nelson, but with Bradshaw, Rey Mysterio, and Dean Malenko too....which is why (the announcers inform us) that those three men, as well as the rest of the Nation of Domination, have been banned from ringside for the duration of this match.....

....as for the match, it went pretty much as you would expect.....Scorpio tried, he really did, but Nelson is practically a foot taller, and almost 300lbs heavier than the former (two time) Light Heavyweight Champion, and he crushed the life out of his one time team mate with a huge two handed ChokeBomb in little under six minutes.

Winner: Nelson

Quote:

With Nelson celebrating in the ring, Jim Ross abruptly sends us to the back, where he says there's an apparent situation unfolding....that situation being the unconscious body of Owen Hart laying flat on the concrete floor, surrounded by the splintered remains of a broken table.....

....Ross says that this looks oddly reminiscent of scenes that were witnessed during the last period that Kevin Nash was in a particularly foul mood....Rick Rude abruptly says that it's the EXACT same scenes that we witnessed during that period......

......right down to the calling card that's been left on the chest of the younger Hart brother.....

.....Rude says that clearly when the Wolfpac implied that they were going "old school" earlier this evening, what they actually meant was that they were going to go around viciously assaulting innocent wrestlers in the back.....Jim Ross questions exactly how "innocent" ANY member of the Hart Foundation is, but Owen Hart has certainly paid the price for his part in this ongoing feud with the Wolfpac right here.

Quote:

VS.

What with the Ground Zero's match that saw the WWF Tag Team Champions the New Age Outlaws face off against Al Snow & Chris Candido ACTUALLY being a non-title affair, the Outlaws were due a title defence....the announcers inform us that Billy Gunn and the Road Dogg actually declined the opportunity to face the challenge of Snow and Candido tonight, instead opting to compete against the relatively new team, Robbie Rage and Kenny Kaos, High Voltage.....although when you look at the pure muscle mass packed onto these two rookies, you've got to wonder if that was such a good idea....

....this match was pretty good, although it was Billy Gunn that did most of the hard work....both members of High Voltage are greener than goose sh!t, but while they certainly have a lot to learn there are certainly glimpses of something there....something that has left many "insiders" tipping this duo for great things.....

....those great things are coming in the future however, because in the present, the WWF Tag Team Champions walked IN with the gold, and OUT with the gold, after Gunn puts Rage away with the Famouser.

Winner(s): .....and Still WWF Tag Team Champions....The New Age Outlaws.

Quote:

As the Champions celebrate with their Title Belts, the beautiful blonde that goes by the name of Sunny comes swaying and shimmying down the aisle. After assuring Chris Candido last week that not only will she prove her worth, but she will ALSO get him and Al another shot at the Outlaws (and an actual title shot this time) it looks as though she's here to work her womanly charms on the Bad Ass and the Road Dogg.....

....she grabs a microphone and climbs into the ring (as seductively as ever) where she goes right up to the Outlaws and begins flirting outrageously....she tells them that she knows that two fine, strong.....virile men such as themselves, are never going to be ones to turn down a challenge....ESPECIALLY when quite frankly, the talk of the girls in the back....("not me though, this is just what I heard")....is that Billy Gunn and Jesse James, can't beat Al Snow and Chris Candido...."and that's why you don't want to put the titles on the line against them"....

....Sunny reiterates that it's just what she heard....she doesn't believe it of course....after all, the Outlaws beat the Legion of Doom....."of course they're WAY past their prime, but you still beat them"....they beat the great Bret Hart and his brother Owen to win those titles to begin with....."I mean, you had a little help, you didn't beat them on your own, but you won, you did win"......then there's the Hardy Boys, they beat them so badly that little Jeff Hardy hasn't been seen since....."sure, Matt's doing pretty well for himself at the minute....but hey, you won that one".....at Summerslam they did the unthinkable, they defeated three other teams to retain those WWF Tag Team Titles....."ok, sure, you COULD argue that it was Chris Candido who did all the hard work in that one, but you certainly walked out with the titles"....and they walked out of Ground Zero with the titles as well...."now I mean, if you want to get technical, you did actually LOSE the match, but hey, who's counting right?".....

....Road Dogg cuts Sunny off about there, telling her that he knows what she's doing, and she really doesn't have a sharp enough mind to be playing mind games.....he tells her to save the reverse psychology and shake her little ass back off to Pinky and the Brain and let them know that they ain't getting a title shot any time soon.....

....Sunny pouts a little at that, before changing her tactics and ramping the flirting up a notch, running her hands up and down the Road Dogg's chest and playing with the braids in his hair as she seductively let's him know that she's prepared to do whatever it takes to get that title shot....."whatever....it.....takes"......

".....hold up sister, you might want to back it up a step, because I can smell the skank from here....first of all, you wanna play with the D-O-Double G's braids, you'd better buy him dinner and a movie first......and second of all, we ain't buying what your selling, because the goods look a little past there best if you know what I mean....."

....Road Dogg tells Sunny that she might wanna go and hitch her wagon to another team, because as far as the New Age Outlaws go, Cuckoo for Coco Pops and Mighty Mouse ain't getting a shot at these titles any time soon.....

".....and if you ain't down with that, we WOULD have two words for ya, but we're a little worried you'd take us up on it.....so how about this......No Shot....."

.....with that the Outlaws take a big sidestep around Sunny, looking at her like she's something they almost stepped in, before heading to the back, leaving the beautiful blonde to stomp her feet in the ring in frustration. After all, what Sunny wants, she usually gets....this is an entirely new experience for her, and one that she clearly doesn't like.

Quote:

From there we go backstage, where Dok Hendrix is standing by with the former World Wrestling Federation Champion, Big Poppa Pump, Scott Steiner.....Steiner looks to be on top of the world, he's got his chainmail, his good pipe leaning against his massive shoulder....and he's got the beautiful Sable on his arm....what more could a man ask for inquires Dok?....

".....A MAN?....A MAN PROBABLY COULDN'T ASK FOR MUCH MORE....BUT I'M NOT A MAN DOK HENDRIX, I'M A GENETIC FREAK.....AND AS A GENETIC FREAK THERES JUST ONE MORE THING ON MY LIST, AND THATS REGAINING THE WORLD WRESTLING FEDERA.......

"........alright, that'll do, move it along Junior......."

.....apparently Chris Jericho thinks that interrupting Scott Steiner is a good idea.....something that most people would actively AVOID doing.....but then Chris Jericho isn't most people.....and Chris Jericho has the rather imposing figure that is his bodyguard Test standing right behind him......

"......no one cares about Big Poppa Dump, especially when everybody knows that Bret Hart is going to be the next WWF Champion....so do everyone a favour and go work out or something while the grown ups speak....."

.....remarkably, Steiner actually just shakes his head and walks out of shot with a bemused smirk on his face, while Jericho turns to Dok, who asks if that was really a good idea? After all, Scott Steiner is hardly known for his mellow demeanour.....

"......forget Scott Steiner, I'm here to talk about the Wolfpac, and their quite frankly heinous actions a few moments ago......they assaulted Owen Hart.....they put Owen Hart through a table.....they should be fined....suspended.....and fired......"

".....Chris I don't think you can suspend AND fire someone at the same time......"

".....well they should make an exception......"

".....are you not concerned that maybe you could be next on the hit list?....."

".....concerned? Moi? I don't think so......Chris Jericho is like a finely tuned spring, there's no sneaking up on me and jumping me from behind Dok......I see all.....I know all......I see every danger coming before it even becomes a danger.....and then I point Test in that direction, and he takes it out in the snap of a finger......."

......Jericho snaps his fingers to emphasise his point......and Test beside him drops to the ground unconscious.......

"......DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING DID YOU B!TCH......"

......Steiner walks back into shot, wiping the end of the lead pipe (which he obviously just used to knock out Test) as he comes, before asking Jericho what happened to his back up? Because Test appears to be unconscious.....

"......OH, HEY KEVIN......"

.......Jericho snaps his head around with a panicked look on his face, expecting to see Kevin Nash.....there's no one there though, and Steiner just laughs as the Ayatollah of RocknRolla quickly looks left, then right, and then runs hastily out of shot leaving his bodyguard laying.....

"......CHRIS COME BACK.....I THOUGHT THE GROWN UP'S WERE TALKING?......."

.....Steiner laughs some more as he watches Jericho leave, before turning to look at Hendrix, telling him that if he was Chris Jericho......

"......I JUST CAME FROM DOWN THERE.....KEVIN NASH IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER....."

Rating: A*

Quote:

VS.

It's time to revisit what was one of the most heated feuds of it's time, as Mankind battles Raven in their first meeting since Wrestlemania, when the two men went through hell and back in a violent, bloody brawl......except then, it was the maniacal Cactus Jack that was in the driving seat of Mick Foley, tonight it's the deranged Mankind that Raven has the privilege of sharing a ring with.....

.....the announcers inform us that this match was arranged personally by Vince McMahon, off the back of Dude Love's monumental challenge for Brian Pillman to face him at Badd Blood in the first ever Hell in a Cell match....a match so twisted and dangerous in design, that it requires the Dude to hang up his tie dye and don the leather mask of Mankind in an effort to FINALLY defeat the Corporate Cannon Brian Pillman.....and while McMahon's Corporate Cohort has been given the night off to prepare and recuperate, Mankind will have to face a man who shares his affinity for pain and suffering, the man who unleashed Cactus Jack on the world to begin with.....Raven.....

.....Raven actually has other things on his mind right now that rekindling his feud with Foley, because he is on a personal mission to prove that while a Snake may shed its skin from time to time, it's still a snake, and no matter how much Jake Roberts claims to have changed, that darkness is still there deep within him.....and Raven plans on bringing it out....

.....speaking of Jake Roberts, he actually makes his way out to the commentary table for the duration of this match, where he and Rick Rude share some tense words off the back of their own bitter feud from nearly ten years ago.....clearly the wounds have still not fully healed from that one.....

......this match was pretty good (I'd actually forgotten that these two have some pretty poor chemistry as opponents, but they worked through that awkwardness) and it was certainly hard hitting and brutal....Mankind unleashed the full barrage of violence that had been missing during his stint as the mild mannered Dude Love, while Raven was more than up for the task of both receiving the punishment AND dishing out his own.....although he was somewhat distracted by the presence of Jake Roberts at ringside, eventually slapping the headset off his one time mentor and then striking him with a belittling back handed slap, telling the Snake that he was a pathetic shell of his former self.....

.....that actually fired Roberts up (who HAD been trying to turn the other cheek) and he stepped out from behind the announce desk to square up to his former student.....Raven just stands there, arms outstretched Crucifix Style as he begs the Snake to do it.....to unleash his dark demons.....Jake resists however, but he has inadvertently acted as a huge distraction, because Mankind comes up behind Raven and spins him around, before driving his head into the floor with a double arm DDT......he rolls his opponent back inside the ring and locks in the Mandible Claw, but it's redundant, that DDT on the outside was enough to take Raven out as the official quickly calls for the bell to put a stop to this one, and we go to commercial.

Winner: Mankind

Quote:

We come back from that quick word from our sponsors and quickly head down to the announce desk, where Jim Ross shows us footage recorded during the commercial break....footage that we have already seen once tonight, except this time there is one big difference........we still have the unconscious and crumpled body of a member of the Hart Foundation......we still have a shattered table with splinters of wood surrounding said figure.......

.....and we still have that distinctive calling card placed on the chest of the victim.....

.....except this time it's not Owen Hart.....it's Chris Jericho.....and it looks as though he really could have done with that Bodyguard being by his side after all....because use he is out cold......

Quote:

.....from there we go live backstage to Mr. McMahon's office, where an irate Bret Hart is with the owner of the World Wrestling Federation and his Personal Problem Solver, Kane.....

.....Bret says that McMahon needs to do something about the Wolfpac....they've already taken out his brother and Chris Jericho in completely unprovoked attacks.....Test got assaulted by Scott Steiner, and all three men are getting treated by medics.....that leaves Bret all alone....

"....and you know that they won't stop there.....Kevin Nash is going to try and screw me out of a victory tonight....screw me out of a WWF Title shot............and screw YOU the pleasure of seeing Steve Austin defeated......"

.....Vince looks irked by that final statement, saying that NOBODY screws Vince McMahon....and Bret Hart would do as well as to remember that.....as for tonight, since Steve Austin is going to be out in the arena and Vince McMahon is going to be all the way back here.....

".....and since the Wolfpac are being.....problematic......why don't you take a little problem solver down to ringside with you.....I'm sure Kane will be able to ensure that the main event goes down exactly as planned......"

.....Bret smiles at that....apparently that's a plan he can get behind, as he and Kane head off for our final match of the evening.

Quote:

VS.

If there are two people in the WWF who you can categorically state don't like each other, it's Stone Cold Steve Austin and Bret "The Hitman" Hart.....two men for whom the bad(d) blood started waaaaaaaaay back in June of 1996, when Brian Pillman turned his back on the Hart Foundation and handed Steve Austin the 1996 King of the Ring crown, (admittedly) screwing Bret Hart over in the process......now fourteen months later these two are STILL bitter enemies, clashing once again little over a month ago, (when the Hitman avenged that loss, defeating Austin in a hard fought anything goes Street Fight) although the fan reaction for both men has changed dramatically, with Bret Hart being one of the companies biggest heels, while Steve Austin is without a doubt the number one babyface in the World Wrestling Federation....

......Kane does indeed join the Hitman at ringside, although you have to wonder if that's because Vince McMahon is concerned about the wellbeing, or if it's because Steve Austin just so happens to be in this match, and Kane and Austin are set to clash in two weeks at Badd Blood....regardless, he's there, although he's more of a stoic figure on the floor than anything else.....

.....as you would expect, this match is excellent....but then why wouldn't it be, the Hitman is out there.....although to be fair to Austin it was a two way effort, with both men putting on real A* performances....they might not be 100% on each other's radars right now (with Hart being more focused on his war with the Wolfpac, while Austin has his hands full with McMahon and his cronies) but they picked right back up where they left off at Summerslam as they attempted to tear each other's heads off........

.....until the Wolves howled.....and everything came to a screeching halt.....as Scott Hall and Sean Waltman (but no Kevin Nash strangely enough) made their way out from the back.....

.....Hart looked somewhat hesitant at first, until he realised Nash wasn't there....at which point a thought seemed to cross his mind, as he began openly taunting Hall and Waltman, inviting the two Wolfpac men to attack him, stating that if they lay one finger on him then he'll win this match by disqualification, and he STILL gets the title shot at Badd Blood.....he even goes as far as to spit at Hall, which does bring the Bad Guy up onto the apron, leading the official to try and order him down as Hart tries to goad him into making a move.......

.....which is when Kane finally makes his move.....and with everyone seemingly distracted he steps over the top rope and into the ring, where he nails Austin with a big Chokeslam....and with the official STILL over with Hart and the Wolfpac, he follows THAT up with a Tombstone to the Rattlesnake, before climbing out of the ring again.....

.....Hart turns away from Hall, seeing Stone Cold flat on his back in the middle of the ring, and he drops down to make the cover, picking up his second consecutive victory over Steve Austin in almost as many months, and booking himself a WWF Title shot in the process.

Winner: Bret Hart

Quote:

Obviously the Hitman is delighted to pick up that victory, as well as the assured Title shot that comes with it, and as Kane joins him in the ring (where he stands over the fallen body of Austin) Bret taunts the Wolfpac some more, yelling that he told them that the World Title would be coming to the Hart Foundation.....now he's just one match away from making that happen, and Kevin Nash is nowhere to be seen......

.....Hall and Waltman just smirk at that, saying that Kevin Nash is right where Kevin Nash needs to be, doing what Kevin Nash needs to do to get what Kevin Nash wants.....and the two men step back, giving that patented 'Scott Hall Double Armed Pointing' motion to the Titantron, which flickers to life to reveal.......

......Big Sexy himself, standing in some sort of production area in the back....he's not alone though, Jim Cornette is out cold on the floor with his own (now bent) tennis racquet wrapped around his head, and beside him, slumped over a sound box, is the World Wrestling Federation Champion Ahmed Johnson, who (judging by the SEVERELY dented steel chair in Kevin Nash's hand) is going to have a major headache when he wakes up......

.....Nash turns to the camera to let Bret know that he's sorry he couldn't he out there with him, but he's had kind of a busy evening.....and right now, he's just about to give Ahmed Johnson something to remember him by......something that's probably gonna leave him pretty p!ssed off......

"....so p!ssed off in fact, that's he's probably gonna want to fight me...."

.....and since Kevin Nash is nothing more than a....("what was it you called me? A mercenary?").....since Kevin Nash is just a mercenary, then OBVIOUSLY he's going to have to make it worth Kevin Nash's time......

"....hell, he MIGHT even give me a Title Shot, what do you think?....."

......with that Nash drags Ahmed over to a nearby table that's scattered with cables and sound equipment.....Nash sweeps the table clean and positions Johnson for the move that everyone knows is coming......before he Jacknife Powerbombs the World Wrestling Federation Champion straight through the wood and down to the concrete below.....

.....Jim Ross says we have not seen Ahmed Johnson manhandled like that in quite some time, while Rick Rude states that Nash only got the upper hand on Ahmed because he clearly assaulted him with a steel chair.....a steel chair that Ahmed Johnson may well force feed to him when he wakes up, because he is NOT going to be in a good mood.....

.....Nash looks down at the carnage at his feet, before turning to face the camera with a deadly serious expression on his face, as he tells the Hitman that something tells him that he'll be seeing him soon.....real soon.....and he might want to book himself a hospital bed beside his brother, because Kevin Nash IS going to be the next World Wrestling Federation Champion, no matter what it takes.

Rating: A*

Final Rating: A*