View Single Post
Unread 08-04-2018, 06:09 PM
Major League

Week 4, September 1997
Hilton Coliseum (Ames, Iowa)
ATT: 12,825
TV: 34.22

Quote:

We are less than 24 hours removed from the spectacle that was Ground Zero: In Your House, and the show opens (as is usually the case following a Pay Per View) with a run down of still images from the event.....Scott Steiner vanquishing Goldust....Ken Shamrock forcing Jeff Jarrett to submit to the Ankle Lock, only to snap and see the result reversed....Steve Austin defeating Faarooq ahead of the return of Nelson, who quite literally crushed the life out of his former team mate....Al Snow and Chris Candido defeating the New Age Outlaws, only to see their dreams snatched away from them when it was revealed that the match was NOT for the WWF Tag Team Titles.....Bret Hart costing Kevin Nash the World Wrestling Federation Championship......and finally we see an image of a bloody and battered Dude Love, following another vicious assault from Brian Pillman, before we go down to the commentary table, where Jim Ross and Rick Rude are waiting to welcome us to the show......

......they quickly gloss over the main talking points, before focusing on the bloody destruction of Dude Love, with Jim Ross telling us that we have exclusive backstage footage to show right now, although he warns viewers that it's quite graphic, and you might want to take any small children out of the room......

.....that might have been slightly overly dramatic on the part of Jim Ross, but it is a pretty tough sight to see, as we go back in time to the trainers room last night, right after Dude Love had received a brutal beating from Brian Pillman....so brutal in fact that the Dude ordered his wife (who was sat at ringside) to take their two small children and get the hell out of there......

.....the Dude is sat down, blood still covering his face and chest, as a member of the medical team is trying to stem the blood flow and get the Dude stitched up.....the Dude calls the camera over however, shoving the doctor to one side for a moment so that everyone can get a good look at the mess Brian Pillman has made of his face with that barbed wire board, telling everyone to take a good long look.....

".....take a good look at what is left of my face.....take a good look at what is left of my pride.....and take a good look at what is left of my dignity......"

.....the Dude says that Brian Pillman can assault him.....be can beat him, he can bloody him....that's par of the course of being a professional wrestler.....that's the price you pay when you choose this great sport as your vocation.....he accepts the pain.....he accepts the suffering......but when Pillman placed his hands on his wife.....when he placed his lips on his wife.....when he deliberately attempted to mentally scar his children, he went about ten steps too far.....and that's something he WILL NOT ACCEPT.....

....the blood continues to flow down Love's face, and again the trainer steps in to attempt to treat the wound, but again the Dude shoves them to one side......

.....he says that he needs to spend the evening tonight comforting and reassuring his crying children that Daddy is going to be ok.....he has to look them in the eye and lie to their face.....

"......because Daddy is NOT ok.....Daddy is FAR from ok.....and not because of THIS (the Dude punches himself right in that open wound) THIS is only temporary.....Daddy is not ok, because he knows what he has to do.....he knows what needs to be done to put an end to this.....he knows what he has to do, and it's YOUR fault Brian Pillman......"

.....he says that tomorrow night.....on Raw is War.....the Dude will be there.....and he hopes Brian Pillman is too.....because he's going to want to hear what the Dude has to say.....

....with that the trainer is finally allowed to walk back into shot and begin to put the pieces of the Dude together again, and the video ends as we go back to Jim Ross and Rick Rude, who speculate as to what exactly this announcement will be.....Rude thinks that Foley is finally hanging up the tie dye and boots for good, because he's going to announce his retirement....while Jim Ross disagrees, stating that he's no quitter.....but whatever it is, we're going to have to wait......because the Owner of the WWF is making his way out now......and he's got his entire Corporate Cabinet with him......

Rating: A*

Quote:

......which means Brian Pillman, Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, and the Big Red Problem Solver Kane are all walking the aisle with him....the quintet enter the ring, where McMahon waits for the crowd to quieten down (which takes some time, they're having great fun calling him an a$$hole) before saying that if last night showed him anything, it's that if you want something done right then you should do it yourself.....or at least subcontract workers that you trust....

....he says it's been almost a month since Stone Cold Steve Austin had the audacity to place his hands on him, and yet, despite their being a blank contract on the table to write their own future on, not one person has bought him the head of the Rattlesnake.....even Ken Shamrock (who had the prime opportunity last week) and Nelson (who could have crushed Stone Cold instead of Faarooq last night) would rather let their personal feelings overwhelm their professional goals.....

.....he says that instead of looking to his roster to step up to the plate, he should have looked closer to home.....because he's got four men right here, any one of whom could rip Steve Austin limb from limb.....you've got Brian Pillman, the man who perhaps knows Austin better than anyone, and showed the whole world last night that he's got the killer instinct to tame even the most savage beast.....you've got Ric Flair and the Enforcer Arn Anderson, two genuine living legends who have taken out some of the biggest names this sport has ever known.....and then you've got the Monster Kane, the man that defeated the Undertaker at Wrestlemania.....

.....McMahon asks the foursome which one of them wants the shot?....which one of them wants the privilege of being the man to serve Steve Austin up to him on a silver platter at Badd Blood: In Your House? Pillman, Anderson and Flair have a discussion amongst themselves, with each man clearly wanting to be the man to take out Austin.....but in the end Kane silences the lot of them, raising his arms high in the air, before dropping them down as the flames erupt from the corner turnbuckles.....

.....McMahon quickly regains his composure after the initial shock of Kane's pyro, before smiling and making the match official......and at Badd Blood: In Your House, it will be Stone Cold Steve Austin, taking on the Big Red Monster Kane.

Quote:

VS.

McMahon, Kane, and Pillman all head to the back, leaving the Nature Boy and The Enforcer behind at ringside....why?.....because Arn Anderson is in action next, and he's in action against a seven foot giant.....but more importantly, he's in there with a seven foot giant who knows him very well, because at one point, they were both members of the legendary Four Horsmen.....

....speaking of former Horsemen, the gang's all here tonight....because just to round up the 1990 incarnation of one of (if not THE) most iconic factions in Wrestling history, Barry Windham is accompanying Big Sid to ringside.....

.....I know we live in a kayfabe world here in the faux wrestling business, but Anderson and Sid really DO have legitimate heat....stemming back to a nasty incident involving a pair of scissors that actually cost Sid his job in WCW back in 1993.....and in fact, Sid was the only member f the roster to loudly object to the hiring of both Ric and Arn six months back.....obviously we don't make mention of that particular event (after all, 99% of the fans wouldn't have any idea about it) but thankfully both competitors remain professional throughout this (admittedly quite one sided) contest.....

.....Sid controls the majority of the match, partly because he's a goddamn monster, and partly because Barry Windham is there to negate the interference from the Nature Boy, and no matter how much Flair tries, he can only look on and watch as Sid pounds the stuffing out of his best friend......of course, they don't call him the dirtiest player in the game for no reason......and after dropping Windham with a low blow on the outside, Flair reaches under the ring, pulling out Anderson's now trademark tyre iron and tossing it to the Enforcer, before climbing up onto the apron to distract the official away from the fact that Arn Anderson is armed and dangerous......

......not that he gets to use the weapon.....because in a regular sight now, Stone Cold Steve Austin comes flying out of the crowd.....slides into the ring.....spins Anderson around......

......and drops him flat with the Stone Cold Stunner.......

.....Austin turns to Flair, flipping him the Double Bird behind the back of the official, before rolling to the outside and disappearing back into the sea of fans......

......Sid grabs Arn by what little hair he has left.....positions him into place.......and drives him to the mat with a HARD Powerbomb......and three seconds later, the master and the ruler of the world is the winner of this match.

Winner: Psycho Sid
Rating: B

Quote:

Flair dives into the ring, but he's too late to change the outcome.....he does however run straight over to Sid and deliver a patented Flair chop, straight to the big man's chest......it was about this moment, that Flair realised he'd made a mistake.....because Sid completely no sells the chop, and instead takes a step closer to Flair with a look of fire in his eyes, leaving The Nature Boy to drop to his knee's begging off from his former team mate.....

.....Windham rolls into the ring behind Flair however, and as Slick Ric swings his arm back (looking to follow his begging act up with the low blow routine) Barry catches his hand in mid arc, completely scuppering the Nature Boy's plan....

.....Sid grabs Flair by the throat, and looks to be ready to Chokeslam him straight to hell, as Flair desperately calls to the back for help.......

.....which finally comes.....because Mr. McMahon has clearly deemed this to be a problem.....as the Big Red Monster comes stalking down the aisle......

.....Sid tosses Flair to one side and turns to face the Monster, who is now climbing up onto the apron.....the two Seven Footers stand staring at each other for a moment, as Flair grabs Anderson and drags him out to the floor.....and it looks as though Kane is about to step over that top rope....................when the Titantron flickers into life..........

......to reveal a shot of McMahon's makeshift office for the evening.......where the owner of the World Wrestling Federation is just about to have his head slammed off his own desk by Stone Cold Steve Austin........

......Austin is clearly taking advantage of the fact that McMahon has (rather stupidly) sent his personal bodyguard away, and now has his boss back first on the desk as he hammers him with punches, telling him that he's a "stupid sumbitch.....you sent away your Big Red Jackass, that means your ass belongs to Stone Cold"......

......back in the arena, Flair and Anderson have got the attention of Kane, indicating that the boss needs some help, and the trio turn and head to the back, leaving Sid and Windham to celebrate.....they may as well have stayed where they were though....because for as quickly as Austin arrives, he leaves again, but not until he has landed one more blow to the head of McMahon, telling him that he'll see his little problem solver, Kane, at Badd Blood, and when he's done whipping his big red ass, he'll be coming for Flair, Anderson....and Pillman....next.

Quote:

VS.

Matt Hardy is fast becoming one of the most fighting champions here in the WWF, and he continues that trend tonight as he puts the European Championship on the line against Savio Vega.....

....Savio hasn't really been featured on Raw predominantly in quite some time (save for an ass kicking by Steve Austin backstage a few weeks back) finding himself to be more relegated to the "b shows"....I don't really see much of a future for Savio (unless he suddenly develops a hell of a tag team chemistry with someone) and his contract was actually up this week....I did consider just letting him sail off into the sunset but in the end I decided that he had enough value for now as somewhat of a jobber to the stars to keep around.....not keep around on a written contract obviously, but he was happy with the Pay Per Appearance deal that he signed.....

.....and this is what he was signed for.....putting on a decent tv match where I need it.....and doing the job when I need it too, as Matt Hardy puts another successful defence behind him with a Twist of Fate.

Winner: ......and Still WWF European Champion......Matt Hardy.

Quote:

Following another successful title defence from Matt Hardy, we are treated to the arrival of Raven, who makes his way out from the back (alone, obviously.....since his Flock was forcibly disbanded) and walks down the aisle, picking up a microphone from ringside as he rolls under the bottom rope and sits down on the mat in the corner of the ring......

......he doesn't say anything for a few moments, he just sits with his head down, before finally he brings the microphone to his lips and begins to speak.....

".......Jim Morrison......Janis Joplin......John Lennon.............Kurt Cobain.........all hero's of their own jilted generation's, separated by time but united in a common thread.....the voice of the voiceless, the sound of rebellion......idols even in death......but isn't that the way it's always been.....only in death can you truly be a hero....because the dead don't disappoint, their image only improves and their pedestal only rises further as the waves of nostalgia wash over you.....

.....this is a fact that I know better than most.....Jake Roberts.....you were my teacher.....you were my idol.....and most recently, you were my downfall.....because just like everyone else in my life, you let me down.....you abandoned me......what about me Jake? What about Raven?........you handed me the keys to YOUR kingdom, only to come back and burn the whole thing down to the ground, "for my own good".......

....."for my own good".....Snake, you know as well as I do, that nothing you have ever done in your miserable existence has been for the good of anyone other than yourself.....you took me under your wing, you broke me down, moulded and rebuilt me in your image....not to improve me, but to unload your own baggage..........I often wonder exactly how much of what weighs me down, is actually mine to carry.....and how much was your burden strapped to my back......

......and now, years after selling ME your fake dream, you're out here peddling another falsity.......preaching tales of forgiveness and repentance, to a society so desperate to believe in ANYTHING that validate their own existence in the grander scheme of things, that they actually allow themselves to accept the fanciful notion that a snake can shed his skin of deceit, and be reborn as something more.....they can't....or won't.....see the truth.....the only people who truly see the full picture in life, are the ones that step outside the frame......

......after years of living in a world built on empty promises, constructed by a pathological liar, I am outside of the frame.....I can see the picture clearly, and it's a picture of revenge.....of retribution......because sooner or later, everybody sits down to a banquet of consequences.....and at Badd Blood.....dinner is served......Quote the Raven.....Nevermore......."

Quote:

VS.

Last night at Ground Zero, the Nation of Domination were successful in their efforts to defeat the combination of Dean Malenko, Rey Mysterio and Bradshaw (a result that Bradshaw complained loudly about when he heard the finish by the way) albeit not without a helping hand from Kama......Malenko was so frustrated with the result that he challenged ANY Nation member to a match tonight.....a match that (after his defeat to Steve Austin last night) Faarooq was quick to accept, clearly wanting to put the previous evenings loss behind him as quickly as possible....and since Kama was the difference maker last night, Faarooq has him at his side tonight too.....

.....this match was pretty good, helped by the fact that Malenko and Faarooq (despite their completely opposite styles when it comes to in ring work) have excellent chemistry together.....the two men don't have a lot of time to work with, but what they do have they put to good use, managing to showcase each man's strengths in a pretty open contest....

.....in the end however, Kama proves the difference maker again, slamming Malenko hard into the steel ring post behind the officials back on the outside, before rolling him back into the ring, where he's easy pickings for a Dominator by Faarooq.

Winner: Faarooq

Quote:

Kama joins Faarooq in the ring to celebrate his victory, as Malenko rolls to the outside, looking frustrated with his defeat as he turns and begins to head to the back......he doesn't get far however, and Faarooq is clearly looking for the Nation to make an impact tonight, because Scorpio, D'Lo Brown and Mark Henry make their way out, blocking Malenko's exit route....

....Faarooq has grabbed a microphone, and he tells Malenko that if he's got any sense left in that head of his, he'll come back to this ring, take his ass kicking like a man, and if he does that, then maybe....maybe....the Nation will end him quickly....

.....Malenko backs up to the ring apron....after all, five on one aren't great odds.....and things look pretty bleak for the man of a thousand holds as Faarooq and Kama advance on him from behind, as the three Nation arrivals walk down the aisle towards him.....

.......fortunately for Malenko, he's not without backup either....as Bradshaw and Mysterio come walking out onto the entrance ramp.....not that it phases Faarooq, who tells them men that the three of them combined couldn't beat HALF the Nation last night.....they stand even less chance against the full weight of the Nation right here.......

......speaking of weight......here's some weight for you right here.....about half a ton of weight actually, as the big man Nelson, (who made his return last night, squashing the life out of Faarooq) comes walking out from the back too......

.....Faarooq is not happy with this development.....and he's even less happy when Bradshaw, Mysterio and Malenko begin brawling with the Nation men on the outside.....leaving a path clear for the (very angry) Nelson to march down the ring.....Faarooq sends Kama out to meet him, but Nelson won't be stopped, and he sends Kama crashing into the crowd barrier as he continues towards the Nation leader.....

.....Faarooq decides that today is not the day to deal with this, bailing from the ring as the big man steps over the top rope, gathering his troops and retreating quickly up the aisle, vowing that there will be repercussions for this at a later date.

Rating: B+

Quote:

From there we head to the back, where Dok Hendrix is standing by with the men who very well could have been standing here right now with the WWF Tag Team Titles around their waist......had Al Snow known how to correctly negotiate a Championship match.....it's Al Snow himself, along with partner Chris Candido and......manager?....valet?....albatross?.....what ever she is, the beautiful Sunny is there as well.....

....this isn't your usual promo from this team, and as Dok asks them where they go from here, Snow is certainly not his annoyingly hyperactive self.....in fact he's downright miserable....

.....he first of all apologises to Candido, calling himself a moron for not checking the fine print and everything else....he says where they go from here is simple....they go their separate ways....

.....he says that all he's done for the past six months is hold his pal Chris Candido back....hold him down....and stop him from living his dream and capturing Championship gold.....well no more.....because he officially quits team Snow and Skippy.....he gives Chris his freedom to go on to singles glory, while he and Head crawl off to hide under a rock somewhere.....

.....Candido cuts Snow off right there......he says that everybody knows that Al Snow drives Chris Candido absolutely crazy.....

".....you're irritating....you're always there, you don't leave me alone....you're always embarrassing me.....embarrassing yourself......hell, you even embarrass Head......the last six months of my life have been the most frustrating.......agonising............enjoyable.. ...six months of my career.....you drive me insane.....but I wouldn't want it any other way, and I'm.....well, not proud exactly.....but I'm not ashamed to call you my friend......"

....Candido says that they're not splitting up any time soon....they're just going to work even harder to get an ACTUAL title shot against the New Age Outlaws......and when they do, they're going to do the exact same thing they did last night......and that's beat them one, two, three in the middle of the ring......

".....and not only that, can we finally get rid of the black widow here, before she costs one of us our careers?....."

.....obviously Candido is referencing Sunny, who looks quite insulted by that remark.....she tells Candido that she's not going anywhere just yet, and by the time she's finished, they'll be begging her to stick around.....because on way or another.....SHE is going to get that Title Match for them.

Quote:

VS.

It's tag team action next, with two teams that must have one eye on a shot at the New Age Outlaws since Snow and Candido failed to capture the gold.....but more than that, it's two teams that have unfinished business, as Harlem Heat take on the Dogs of War......

.....the bad blood between these two teams began after Wrath and Crush delivered a brutal post match beating to Booker T and Stevie Ray on Raw......they followed that up with a heated clash on last weeks episode of Superstars....a heated contest that saw both teams counted out as they continued to brawl on the floor, and didn't stop even after the official ended the match.....tonight, we're going to try once again to determine a winner......

......the match is actually fantastic...plenty of hard hitting back and forth action, and if you were looking for the next contenders to the New Age Outlaws Titles, then you would perhaps have to look no further than the winners of this match.....except there in lies the problem.....because much like on Superstars, we didn't have a winner.....

.....it wasn't a Count-Out this time.....but with all four men in the ring pummelling the holy hell out of each other, the official attempted to separate them on a number of occasions.....the final time being when both Booker T and Crush simultaneously shoved the referee away with suck force that he landed on his back in the middle of the ring......and instantly called for the bell.....

Winner: No Contest (Double Disqualification)

Quote:

......these four men appear to be past caring however......and they continue to brutalise each other regardless of the decision.....and if the crowd were hot for the match (and they were) they were even hotter for the aftermath, which saw all four men spill to the outside, where the brawl continues on the floor.....

.....the four men are using every available surface and object as a weapon, and security rushes down the aisle to separate them.....that doesn't exactly go as planned either however, and much like the referee, the security personnel find out just how badly these two teams want to fight, as one by one they get planted on their behinds.....

.....a second wave of security storm the aisle.....along with additional officials, road agents, and backstage workers.....and finally they are able to keep these two warring teams separated, as we go to the back, leaving the damage control out at ringside.....

Rating: A

Quote:

.....and since Dok Hendrix has been so busy these last few months, it looks as though he's been rewarded with some new backstage interviewers....as a young man by the name of Michael Cole welcomes his guest at this time, Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner....along with the beautiful Sable....

.....Steiner should be all smiles....he has his main freak Sable....he has his chainmail.....he's got his good pipe.....but he looks more confused than anything as Michael Cole asks him what happens next for Big Poppa Pump, now he's finally vanquished Goldust and regained his possessions?.....

"......WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?......"

".....Mic...Michael Cole....."

"......MICMICHAEL.....WHAT SORT OF A STUPID NAME IS THAT.....WHERES THE OTHER GUY?....."

"......it's just Michael actually.....and Dok has just finished wrapping some promo's for the upcoming Badd Blood event, which is why I'm......."

".......NOT DOK HENDRIX.....THE OTHER GUY THAT DOES THIS......THE PERVERT.....FROM THE DOTCOM THING.......GOLDSMITH......"

".........uhm.....there was a........'Human Resources' issue with Mr. Goldstein........."

".....WHAT SORT OF ISSUE?....."

"......an.....underwear issue......"

"......A WHAT NOW?....."

"......an incident....involving Mr. Goldstein and some.......female undergarments....."

".....HA....HE WAS SNIFFING PANTIES WEREN'T HE.....I KNEW HE WAS A DAMN PERVERT......"

"......Mr. Goldstein is currently undergoing treatment at a local addiction facility, where we are hoping he will be able to overcome these.......desires......"

....Steiner shakes his head, saying that some people should be ashamed of themselves....Cole quickly changes the subject, repeating his earlier question, asking Steiner that now his short term goals appear to have been accomplished, does he have anything longer?....probably not the best turn of phrase to ask Scott Steiner.....

"......OF COURSE I HAVE SOMETHING LONGER.....LONGER THAN YOURS ANYWAY.....THEY DON'T CALL ME 'BIG' POPPA PUMP FOR NOTHIG YOU KNOW....."

.....Cole lets out a little sigh, muttering under his breath that Dok Hendrix warned him about this.....before asking Scotty what his plans for the future are? Steiner says that you'd think that was pretty obvious.....he's got the girl, he's got his sh!t....now all that's left to do is take back the World Wrestling Federation Championship.....he says it doesn't matter if it's Ahmed Johnson....Bret Hart.....Kevin Nash.....or that panty sniffing freak Goldsmith....Scott Steiner WILL regain that WWF Title.....because Big Poppa Pump is your hook up.....

"......HOLLA, IF YOU HEAR ME....."

.....with that Steiner turns and hooks his arm around Sable's waist as the two walk out of shot, with Scotty telling his number one freak that they'd better go get her out of those clothes so that they can make sure Goldsmith hasn't run off with her panties, leaving a bemused Michael Cold to send us back down to ringside.

Quote:

VS.

The semi main event of the evening sees the Wolfpac once again crossing paths with the Canadian Coalition, as Sean Waltman and Scott Hall face off against Owen Hart and Chris Jericho.....these four men faced off last night at Ground Zero in singles competition, splitting the difference with one win to Owen Hart and one win to Scott Hall......so as far as these four at least are concerned, you could call this the rubber match.....

.....both of those matches last night were very good....as was this one.....although it could perhaps been even better had it not been for Scott Hall's persistent injury slowing him down....that and the rather disappointing fact that Owen Hart and Chris Jericho just do not work as a team.....they have absolutely zero chemistry as partners, and it did show in places....thankfully the two are professional enough to work through it.....

.....the Canadians had Test at ringside for this one, while Kevin Nash was surprisingly absent from his groups corner, leaving Rick Rude to speculate that Big Sexy took such a beating at the hands of Ahmed Johnson last night, that he couldn't even face turning up to the arena tonight....and whether that was true or not, Test certainly made all the difference at ringside....and with Scott Hall still suffering the effects of a tendon injury to his ankle, he picks the Bad Guy up on the outside, and slams him leg first into the steel ring post, before rolling him back into the ring.....

....and with Jericho ensuring that Waltman is taken out of the equation on the other side of the ring, tackling him through the ropes to the floor, Owen locks in the Sharpshooter.....and despite holding on for as long as anyone could, Hall has little option but to eventually concede the match, giving a big win to Owen Hart and Chris Jericho.

Winner: Owen Hart & Chris Jericho

Quote:

We come back from commercial break, just in time to hear the screeching guitar that signals the arrival of the Hitman Bret Hart.....a man who really shouldn't be rewarded with a title shot tonight, after his actions cost Kevin Nash the WWF Championship just 24 hours ago at Ground Zero......and he perhaps wouldn't have got one, had it not been for the fact that he, Owen, Jericho and Test then subjected the World Champion to a post match beatdown......and Ahmed Johnson, despite what you might think of him, is not one to back down from a fight.....demanding retribution tonight, and being willing to put the WWF title on the line to get it........

.....and as Bret parts the curtain to make his entrance right now, we're about to find out if it's Ahmed Johnson that gets retribution, or Bret Hart that gets exactly what he's been demanding for the last few months.....another reign as the World Wrestling Federation Champion.....

.......speaking of retribution....apparently Ahmed Johnson isn't the only one with revenge on his mind tonight.....a "fan" reaches over the crowd rail as Bret walks the aisle, dragging him over the barrier and unloading with a series of right hands, before peeling off his hooded top to reveal Kevin Nash......

......Big Sexy slams Hart hard into the safety rail, before picking up a steel chair and smashing it across the back of the Hitman.....

.....the crowd are getting an up close and personal view of the action here, or at least they were until Nash tosses Bret back over the barrier into the aisle, before stepping his seven foot frame over to join him.....

.....Bret hasn't even made it to the ring yet, and he's already received a huge amount of punishment....Nash throws Hart down the aisle towards ringside, where he picks him up and Irish Whips him hard into the steps.....

.....Nash stands over the fallen Hitman for a moment, before dragging him back to his feet and rolling him into the ring, wishing him "good luck" in his match, before turning and walking to the back, just as the WWF Champion's music starts to play.....

......Ahmed and Nash come face to face halfway down the aisle, where a long stare down takes place, before Nash tells Johnson to go and take care of Bret Hart.....because when he's done with him, Big Sexy is going to be waiting......Ahmed tells Nash that's fine.....because he'll be going down again, just like he did last night....as these two finally sidestep each other, walking off in opposite directions.

Quote:

VS.

It's main event time.....and while The Hitman has been pushing for this opportunity for quite some time now, he is far from prepared to face the Pearl River Powerhouse, Ahmed Johnson....and should Bret Hart lose here tonight, you know he's going to have something to say about Kevin Nash's actions.....

.....WWF Title matches on free TV are a pretty rare sight around here.....heel vs. heel WWF Title matches on free TV are unheard of, but that's exactly what we have right here.....and while that's pretty surprising in itself, it's not as surprising as the fact that this heel vs. heel match was fantastic.....certainly better than the previous nights Ahmed Johnson/Kevin Nash effort.....but then I suppose that it shouldn't come as that much of a surprise.....because Mr. "Never Have a Bad Match" Bret Hart is in there, and he carries Ahmed to a fantastic outing here.....

.....both men played their part to be fair....Ahmed as the unstoppable bully taking advantage of his weakened opponent, while Bret Hart sells the fact that Kevin Nash just kicked his ass, AND Ahmed's offence like the star that he is....and even though The Hitman put on a valiant effort, that post match assault from Big Sexy took too much of a toll, and Ahmed finally finished him off with the Pearl River Plunge for the one, the two, and the three.

Winner: ......and Still WWF Champion......Ahmed Johnson

Quote:

Our final segment of the evening sees the Corporate Cannon Brian Pillman making his way out to a chorus of boo's....he walks down the aisle with that wild eyed expression of his, grabbing a microphone from the timekeepers table before he climbs into the ring.....

....he takes in the boo's for a moment with a crazy smirk on his face, before addressing the crowd....but mainly focusing his attention on Dude Love.....he says that he's out here right now, because he's been waiting all night to hear the punchline to the biggest joke in wrestling today....that being the so called big announcement that Dude "Family Embarrassment" Love is supposed to be making.....but so far there's no sign of the tie dyed dumbass, so allow the Crowned Prince of Chaos to save him the trouble.....

"......because everyone knows exactly what that little announcement is going to be....after finding himself flat on his back yet again, bleeding like a stuck pig in front of his bastard little brats, the only logical announcement he could make, would be to announce the end of his miserable stinking career.....because after Brian Pillman proved irrefutably last night, the walking ignominy that is Dude Love, cannot and will not, EVER defeat me, he may as well hang up his stinking boots once and for all......."

.......Pillman starts cackling at that....but he may well be right, because we only have about 10 minutes of air time left, and thus far, the Dude is nowhere to be seen......of course, he may well be wrong too.....because it's only a few seconds late that the Titantron flickers into life.......

.......and the Dude appears up on the big screen......he looks in pretty rough shape.....gone is his tie dyed shirt that Pillman ripped from his chest last night.....he still has the tie dyed headband and shades on however.....along with a huge white dressing covering the puncture wounds on his head from that barbed wire board last night.....

.......Pillman cackles at the sight.....telling the Dude that he's looking pretty worse for wear there, but the Dude completely ignores him.....he says that he told everyone he had an announcement.....and this is it.....and no, it's not his retirement......it's a match.....a challenge if you will......for Brian Pillman to face him ONE more time......at Badd Blood: In Your House......but not just ANY match.....after what Brian Pillman did last night.....after placing his hands on the Dude's main squeeze.....after causing the tears of fright to pour down the faces of his little Dude and Dudette.....after leaving his broken.....bloodied.....and yes.....humiliated.....he wants to face Brian Pillman in the most brutal, violent, dangerous match imaginable......a match so brutal, that it has never been seen before......

.....the Dude says that he wants to take the rules, and throw them out of the window.....no count outs.....no disqualifications.....no rules period.....then he wants to take a steel cage......and he wants to enclose, not just the ring.....but the entire ringside area.....but this isn't any usual cage match......and you don't win by scaling the walls to escape.....

"......BECAUSE THERE IS NO ESCAPE........because on top of that steel cage, is a roof.....in fact it's less of a cage......and more of a cell.....and believe me when I say......for you Brian Pillman, this will truly be Hell.....in a Cell......"

.....you would think that Pillman might have some trepidation at this announcement....but he doesn't appear to be phased at all, he just laughs.....telling the Dude that he must have some kind of death warrant to want to lock himself inside a "Cell" with Brian Pillman.....he doesn't know how much more simple he can put this until the Dude finally gets the message.......Dude Love CAN NOT defeat Brian Pillman.......he wholeheartedly accepts the challenge.....and in this so called Hell in a Cell match, he's going to put the Dude down once and for all......

......the Dude had been quiet for a moment there, but he speaks now.....he says that he's not actually near a monitor, so he doesn't know if Brian Pillman has accepted the offer......but he's confident that he did.....and he's also confident that he knows exactly what he said......that Dude Love can't defeat Brian Pillman.....

".....and you know what.....you may be right.....maybe Dude Love can't beat Brian Pillman.........

.......but I know a man who can........"

.......with that the masked figure that is Mankind comes flying into shot behind Pillman, nailing him in the back of the head with a running clothesline......

......clearly the video on the Titantron was pre-recorded, because the Dude is still up on the big screen.....he tells Brian Pillman to say hello to his main mandible.....Mankind.....and while the Dude refuses to go full Cactus Jack again......Mankind is more than capable of making sure that at Badd Blood, Brian Pillman does NOT have a nice day......

......in the ring, Brian Pillman is most certainly not having a nice day right now....as Mankind is unleashing a savage attack.....culminating in a running clothesline that sends both Pillman and Mankind tumbling over the top rope.....but while Pillman crashes down to the floor, Mankind lands in a seated position on the apron, where he stands back to his feet, before running and diving onto the Corporate Cannon with a Flying Elbow Drop to the concrete.....

......Mankind drags Pillman back to his feet (who desperately tries to scramble away) and slams him hard into the ringsteps, before picking up a steel chair which he crashes violently over the head of the Corporate Cannon, and in a scene reminiscent of last night, we have blood once again.....except this time it's Brian Pillman that's busted wide open.....

.......Brian tries to push himself up to a kneeling position, blood gushing from a nasty looking gash in his head......he doesn't make it far however.....because Mankind pounces in him, shoving his fingers down his gullet as he locks in the Mandible Claw.....and as the blood flows down the face of Pillman, (who is truly wearing that proverbial crimson mask) Mankind lets out that animalistic squeal, as the show comes to a close with Jim Ross declaring that Brian Pillman might have just made a big, big mistake......we'll see you next week folks.

Final Rating: A

Quote:

WWF Presents Badd Blood: In Your House
Sunday, Week 3 October 1997: Only on Pay Per View