View Single Post
Unread 06-30-2018, 12:17 AM
Low Minors

Default WWF King of the Ring 1987 (06/28/1987)

WWF King of the Ring 1987

June 28th, 1987

From the Richmond Stadium in Richmond, Virginia

Attendance: 30,000 (Sold-Out!)

Announce Team: Gorilla Monsoon, Vince McMahon & Jesse Ventura

Quote:

Vince McMahon welcomes the viewers to a sold-out crowd here in Richmond, Virginia, as they get set for the King of the Ring tournament. McMahon talks about how 8-men will be competing to be crowned the 1987 King of the Ring champion but reminds viewers that this year, even more is on the line.

Vince McMahon: "Welcome ladies and gentleman to the 1987 King of the Ring tournament! Tonight, 8 men will compete to be rightfully called 'king' but not only will they earn that title but they will also earn a chance to face the WWF World Heavyweight champion at what could possibly be the hottest pay-per-view of the Summer, Summerslam!"

Jesse Ventura begins to give the run-down of the Quarterfinal Round in which will kick off tonight's tournament.

• Davey Boy Smith Vs. Nikita Koloff

• "King" Harley Race Vs. Jerry Lawler

• Jake Roberts Vs. Bret Hart

• Tito Santana Vs. Ted DiBiase

Quote:

The Russian Alliance make their way to the ring, as the announce team inform us that coming up is the Quarter-Final round between Nikita Koloff and Davey Boy Smith. Before Smith makes his way to the ring, Ivan Koloff talks about how tonight will be a night of dominance by the Russian Alliance.

Ivan Koloff: "Tonight, we really will show our dominance as my nephew, Nikita Koloff, will dominate his way to the top and become the king of the WWF. Boo all throughout the night, as Nikita destroys anyone who steps in his way. The Russian Alliance will soon rule the WWF, watch and see. Nobody is competition when it comes to us!"

Quote:
King of the Ring Quarter-Final Round

Normal, Singles Match

Davey Boy Smith (/w Dynamite Kid) Vs. Nikita Koloff (/w Ivan Koloff)

The King of the Ring tournament officially kicked off between these two competitors as they fought more so on the behalf of their rivalry than the tournament itself. Both big men gave it all they could to open up the show, with both men executing well on the offense. Smith attempted several powerslams on the 'Russian Nightmare' but it was no good. Koloff had a counter for everything Smith threw at him, making it clear why Nikita was the strongest and most valuable assist to the Russian Alliance. An altercation began between Kid and Ivan, leading the Russian Alliance members to begin dishing out some punishment to Smith's partner. The attacks on Kidd distracted Smith, which helped Nikita execute his powerful powerbomb to earn the pinfall victory.

Winner: Nikita Koloff

Nikita Koloff Advances To The Semi-Final Round

Match Time: 9:59

Finish: Powerbomb by Nikita leads to the Pin.

Quote:

Dynamite Kid was laid out by the Russian Alliance outside the ring, while Davey Boy Smith was still knocked out cold by the massive powerbomb delivered by Nikita Koloff. The Russian Alliance made their statement felt in the Qualifying Round, as they prepared for whoever was up next to face Nikita. Without delivering anymore punishment to the British Bulldogs, Ivan Koloff instructed his men to head back to the locker room as they await the Semi-Final round.

Quote:

The announce team inform the audience that they have just received word that the upcoming tag team match between the Rock N' Roll Express versus Demolition has just been made into a #1 contender WWF World Tag Team championship match.

Quote:
#1 Contender WWF World Tag Team Championship

Normal, Tag Team Match

The Rock N' Roll Express Vs. Demolition (/w Mr. Fuji)

With the match just recently being called a #1 contenders match, this gave both teams more motivation to walk out victorious, knowing that whoever won would go on to face The Hart Foundation. Demolition kicked things off to a hot-start by making frequent tags and delivering a large amount of offense to Robert Gibson. Ricky Morton urged his partner to make the tag multiple times but every time he would be cut short by either Ax or Smash. A counter by Gibson helped him get some offense in and eventually tag in his partner, Morton, who was hot on momentum. He delivered a lot of offense which quickly helped his team rebound. Demolition began to get tired, which helped in the favor of Gibson and Morton. They began making frequent tags to slow down the powerhouse team and it wouldn't be long until they delivered a double dropkick, which led to the win.

Winners: The Rock N' Roll Express

Match Time: 10:05

Finish: Double Dropkick by RnR leads to Gibson getting the Pin over Demolition Ax.

Quote:

Gene Okerlund is backstage with Jerry Lawler, who is getting prepared for his Quarter-Final matchup against "King" Harley Race. Lawler says that he has made a name for himself down in Memphis and that he plans to do the same here in the World Wrestling Federation. Lawler goes on to say that he's going to win the King of the Ring tournament tonight and that it all starts by de-crowning Harley Race.

Jerry Lawler: "Harley Race must take me as a sucker to think that I'm going to bow down to him tonight, well Mean Gene he's going to have to rethink that. You see, I made a name for myself down in Memphis, to the point where some even call me the king down there. Tonight, I'm going to earn that title 'king' by winning the tournament and it all starts by defeating that self-proclaimed king himself, Harley Race!"

Quote:

Normal, Singles Match

Jerry Lawler Vs. 'King' Harley Race (/w Bobby Heenan)

In what could perhaps be one of the most anticipated matches of the night, Jerry Lawler and Harley Race looked to compete against each other for the right to be named king. Lawler and Race battled it out viciously in the opening minutes, using several holds and throwing a few strikes at one another. For the longest, neither men could get the advantage until Race was able to pull off an eye rake to Lawler, helping him get the upper-hand. Race almost had the match sealed when he got the roll-up on Lawler but Lawler quickly broke out at 2. Race then attempted to execute his Piledriver to put the match away but Lawler would flip him over his back and carry on the offense. Lawler soon had the momentum to put this match away with a Piledriver of his own but Race quickly escaped the ring. Heenan attempted to distract Lawler, so that Race could recover but Lawler wasn't falling for it. He carried on his attack on Race outside the ring and sent him back inside the ring. Race then went for the low-blow, to which the referee caught and declared Jerry Lawler the winner due to disqualification.

Winner: Jerry Lawler

Jerry Lawler Advances To The Semi-Final Round

Match Time: 11:30

Finish: Disqualification By Race Earns Lawler the Win.

Quote:

Gene Okerlund is backstage once again with his guest being another King of the Ring participant, Jake Roberts. Roberts talks about Nikita Koloff's win over Smith, he says that enough is enough of the Russian Alliance. Roberts continues by saying he hopes to see Koloff in the finals, because he's ready to get his hands on him. Roberts then focuses on his upcoming opponent, Bret Hart. Roberts says that Hart is to not be underestimated and that he knows Hart will give him a hard fought match. However, Roberts says that he's determined to face Nikita tonight and that he will somehow, someway defeat the WWF World Tag Team champion, Bret Hart.

Jake Roberts: "The Russian Alliance are not going to quit doing what they do until they are completely satisfied with themselves. Nikita, I hope you make it to the finals, because I've been itching at getting my hands on you, so has my pal here. I got a venomous bite ready for you and once I get my hands on you, I can ensure you that you won't be coming back for a long long time. As for you Hitman, I haven't forgotten about our match. I know you're going to give me a challenge but I can promise you that you won't be leaving out of here victorious. I have a goal tonight and I'm not going to let you stop me from accomplishing it."

Quote:

Normal, Singles Match

Jake Roberts Vs. Bret Hart (/w Jimmy Hart)

Both men came into this match with a ton of momentum, and it electrified this crowd throughout. A lot of holds started the match off with neither men getting the upper-hand. Hart began to show some cockiness when he slapped Roberts in the face and pro-claimed himself the best in the world. Roberts was not too happy with the slap and began throwing strike after strike to Hart. The action made its way to the outside of the ring and as they continued their brawl, they were almost counted out until both men made it back into the ring in the count of 8. Hart took the momentum in his favor and was even able to lock in his finishing, Sharpshooter submission hold. Roberts was clearly in pain, as he tried his best to not give up. He crawled and crawled to the ropes and with all of his energy, he soon was able to get the rope break.

Hart was not too happy, as he tried dragging Roberts back into the middle of the ring to lock in the hold once more. Roberts was able to kick Hart off of him and as soon as he got up, delivered his finishing DDT. Roberts and Hart laid in the middle of the ring for a few seconds until Roberts finally went for the cover. Hart would amaze the crowd by breaking out of the pin at 2. Soon, both men were back on their feet, trading punch with each other. Roberts soon countered one of Hart's punches, gave him a kick to the gut and then delivered a 2nd DDT. The fans stood out of their seats with a big cheer for Roberts, who soon went for the pin and got the win.

Winner: Jake Roberts

Jake Roberts Advances To The Semi-Final Round

Match Time: 10:12

Finish: DDT by Roberts leads to the Pin.

Quote:

"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase and his business partner, Irwin R. Schyster are backstage in which DiBiase taunts his opponent, Tito Santana, moments before their match. DiBiase talks about how he's looking to form his own corporation in the WWF, in which he's calling it 'Money Inc.' DiBiase says that since he's generous, he's willing to have Santana work for him once he defeats Santana one final time. DiBiase then talks about the King of the Ring tournament itself, in which DiBiase says that he's worthy of being both wealthy and a king.

Ted DiBiase: "Tito Santana, I admire your effort and dedication to try and defeat me but the disappointing news is that you won't get it done tonight either. I'm well beyond your skillset Tito, there is no denying that I'm replacing your spot here in the WWF. After I get my 3rd win over you, your no longer going to be needed here in the WWF. No worries though Tito, because there is always a job for you here in what I would like to call, Money Inc. Imagine that, you working for me. You're not going to have many more options after I defeat you. After all, you're going to need my money to help feed your family and pay your bills. Because... Everybody has a price for the million-dollar man, Ted DiBiase!!! HAHAHAHAHA!"

Quote:

Normal, Singles Match

Tito Santana Vs. Ted DiBiase (/w IRS)

Once the opening bell was heard, Tito Santana didn't waste no time in going all out on Ted DiBiase. Tito Santana delivered multiple strikes, receiving a big cheer from the crowd here in Richmond, Virginia. DiBiase attempted to fight back but Tito was too hot to be stopped. He began putting DiBiase in several holds, trying to force a submission out of the million-dollar man. DiBiase was having a hard time trying to get in any offense, which soon led to IRS getting involved on the apron. Santana made quick work of IRS by striking him off of the apron and then dishing out a few strikes on the outside to IRS. Once Santana entered back into the ring, DiBiase earned himself the much needed momentum by stomping down his opponent as the crowd booed. Santana soon delivered a leg sweep and began to get back on the offensive end. Santana was once again on fire, as he soon locked in his finishing submission hold, the Figure Four Leglock.

DiBiase was in the middle of the ring, with nowhere else to go. IRS was knocked out cold from Santana earlier in the match and the submission hold looked like it was seconds away of giving Santana the victory. DiBiase eventually made it to the ropes using the last of his energy, the referee went to check on DiBiase, but DiBiase shoved the referee into Santana, causing the referee to fall-out in the ring.

Shockingly, "Cowboy" Bob Orton began to come down to the ring as Tito Santana looked on down at him. Orton began taunting Santana, who then traded words with Orton from inside the ring. Santana knew he needed to beat DiBiase, so he turned his focus back on DiBiase just to fall victim to DiBiase's black glove, which he used during his AJPW days. The strike was so vicious, that it knocked Santana out cold. DiBiase hurried to pin Santana, which then led to Orton waking up the referee, who then counted the pin and declared DiBiase the winner.

Winner: Ted DiBiase

Ted DiBiase Advances To The Semi-Final Round

Match Time: 7:20

Finish: DiBiase's Black Glove leads to the Pin.

Quote:

Gene Okerlund welcomes the viewers to his next guest of the night, the WWF World Heavyweight champion, Hulk Hogan. Okerlund interviews Hogan on how he's feeling on facing King Kong Bundy and wondering whether his injured ribs will hold up tonight. Hogan says he'll give it all that he has to ensure that he walks out victorious. Hogan continues by saying he won't reveal the status of his broken ribs but that he knows that he won't let that stop him from getting the victory over Bundy.

Hulk Hogan: "King Kong Bundy, I hope you're watching this right now, brother! Because, I'm gunning you and your whole family down tonight, broken ribs or not! I told all of my Hulkamaniacs that I would be here, no matter what condition I am in. I'm here tonight and I'm here for a fight, brother! So, I only got to ask you one thing King Kong Bundy and the rest of your goons, whatcha gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild on you?!?!"

Quote:
A hype video is played in which it showcases the month-long buildup between The Honky Tonk Man and WWF Intercontinental champion, Ricky Steamboat. It runs down the heated feud between both men, in which a guitar hit to the head of Steamboat started it all off.

Quote:
WWF Intercontinental Championship

Normal, Singles Match

Honky Tonk Man (/w Jimmy Hart) Vs. Ricky Steamboat

This rivalry between both of these men escalated quick after the guitar strike Steamboat suffered a few weeks back on Superstars of Wrestling. Tonight, the fire was in Steamboat's eye to get his much desired revenge and he did just that. HTM had no response for all the strikes he withstood in the opening minutes of the match. Steamboat lashed out on the challenger and even sent him over the top ropes. HTM would go on to talk with his manager, Jimmy Hart, possibly on a game plan to stop Steamboat's hot start. Steamboat let HTM walk into the ring without straight up attacking him. HTM soon gave Steamboat a kick to the gut and began his offense. Several minutes passed with HTM still in control, getting cocky by the minute as the crowd booed.

HTM's attitude would only cost him the match though, as HTM began to taunt the crowd, Steamboat caught HTM into the Double Chicken Wing submission hold. Jimmy Hart began to frantically get worried about his client's chances at winning. A few seconds would pass with HTM struggling to get out of the hold, it didn't take much longer for HTM to finally give up.

Winner: Ricky Steamboat

Match Time: 14:16

Finish: Double Chicken Wing by Steamboat leads to Submission.

Quote:

As Jimmy Hart walked with his client, The Honky Tonk Man up the ramp in defeat, the still reigning WWF Intercontinental champion, Ricky Steamboat, celebrated inside the ring. However, a looming threat made his presence felt by cutting the celebration short...

The WWF World Television champion, Hercules, attacked Steamboat from behind with the WWF World Television championship. Hercules stood over Steamboat, holding both the WWF World Television and Intercontinental championship.

Quote:
The announce team discuss the upcoming Semi-Final round matchup between Nikita Koloff and Jerry Lawler.

Quote:
King of the Ring Semi-Final Round

Normal, Singles Match

Jerry Lawler Vs. Nikita Koloff (/w Ivan Koloff)

One round was over for both of these men but another one awaited right here and it was clearly to see who had the advantage in the match, Nikita Koloff. Not due to his massive strength but because Jerry Lawler looked as though he used up a lot of energy in his match against Harley Race. As for Nikita, he was unfazed by Davey Boy Smith's big offense and looked as though he was still 100% coming into this match. Lawler went after Koloff with whatever strength he had but Koloff overpowered him several times in the opening minutes.

Koloff began to carry out the offense afterwards, while Lawler attempted to fight back and somehow pull off the win. Lawler lasted well against Nikita and probably could have lasted longer if it was not for his previous round match against Race. The closing minutes saw Nikita demolish Lawler with some powerful strikes that led up to eventual finishing Powerbomb, to earn the pinfall victory and advance to the King of the Ring Finals.

Nikita Koloff Advances To The Finals

Match Time: 8:29

Finish: Powerbomb by Nikita Koloff leads to the Pin.

Quote:

Gene Okerlund welcomes the audience again to the backstage area, where he interviews his last guest of the night, King Kong Bundy, well technically, Bobby Heenan. Okerlund wonders what King Kong Bundy's mindset is going into tonight's WWF World title match and whether he still thinks of the first loss to Hulk Hogan at The Big Event in April this month. Heenan answers the questions that were directed to Bundy, by saying that Bundy's mindset is to go out there tonight and completely destroy Hulk Hogan. Heenan continues by saying that Hogan will soon regret coming here tonight to fight instead of giving up the title because Bundy will permanently put Hogan on the shelf, to the point where Hogan won't be able to compete ever again. Heenan then answers Okerlund's second question by saying Bundy's loss to Hogan the previous two times were flukes and that this time, it will be legitimate

Bobby Heenan: "King Kong Bundy's mindset is what it has always been, destroy anyone that comes in his way. Bundy doesn't need to change his mindset facing Hogan because if it wasn't for Paul Orndorff, Bundy would have been your WWF World champion already! Bundy will get the job done tonight, I can guarantee that Mean Gene. Not only will he get the win but he will kill Hulkamania once and for all! It's only a matter of time and it's definitely not on the side of Hulk Hogan!"

Quote:
The announce team begin to talk about the final Semi-Finals Round matchup which features Jake Roberts facing Ted DiBiase. They discuss both competitor's matches prior and how they pulled off the victories. They also bring up the surprise factor of "Cowboy" Bob Orton coming to Ted DiBiase's aid and helping him seize a third victory over Tito Santana.

Quote:
King of the Ring Semi-Final Round

Normal, Singles Round

Jake Roberts Vs. Ted DiBiase (/w IRS)

Just like the match prior to this one, the exhaustion showed but instead of it being just one competitor, both of these men showed exhaustion from their previous match. Jake Roberts was clearly limping in this one after the damage he suffered from Bret Hart's Sharpshooter but he made it his dedication to continue fighting on. DiBiase would greet Roberts before the match with a few $100 bills coming from out of his hand, signaling for Roberts to quit the match. Roberts punched the money out of DiBiase's hand and began to rain on him with strikes. Roberts clearly showed that he wasn't here to play games and he quickly carried out the offense on DiBiase. DiBiase began fighting back and both men into a brawl inside the ring. IRS tried distracting Roberts to help DiBiase get the upper-hand but Roberts would throw DiBiase into IRS, who was standing on the outside of the apron. IRS went flying to the outside and once DiBiase turned around, he was welcomed with a kick to the gut and almost a DDT until DiBiase tossed Roberts into the referee.

DiBiase pulled out his black glove from his trunks, the same gloves he used to defeat Tito Santana and looked ready to finish off Roberts. The strike would not connect though, as Roberts would dodge the bullet and then kick DiBiase in the gut once again, only this time following it with a successful DDT. Roberts made the pin attempt at the perfect timing, as the referee was recovering from falling. The referee counted the pin and declared Jake Roberts the winner.

Winner: Jake Roberts

Jake Roberts Advances To The Finals

Match Time: 10:27

Finish: DDT by Roberts leads to the Pin.

Quote:

The announce team hypes up one of the biggest matches of the night, the WWF World Heavyweight championship on the line as the challenger, King Kong Bundy takes on the champion, Hulk Hogan, in their 3rd encounter. Vince McMahon brings up the fact that Hulk Hogan has defeated King Kong Bundy during both of those encounters but noted how both these victories were not easy to come by.

The first win was at WrestleMania 2, when Hogan defeated Bundy by escaping a cage to retain his world championship. The second victory came at this past April's PPV, The Big Event, in which Hogan had some unintentional help by Paul Orndorff to earn the victory. Now, Hogan must find a way to defend the WWF World Heavyweight championship against King Kong Bundy without any help and while being at the disadvantage due to broken ribs. The announce team discussed briefly on whether Hogan will be able to overcome the odds here in this sold-out arena

Quote:
WWF World Heavyweight Championship

Normal, Singles Match

King Kong Bundy (/w Bobby Heenan) Vs. Hulk Hogan

While this match wasn't in the main event of tonight's PPV, it sure did have that main event feel and could have easily headlined the show. The heat between The Heenan Family and Hulk Hogan was surreal and the crowd had no problem in cheering loudly for their hero, Hulk Hogan, to once and for all stop Bobby Heenan's desires. Once the match began, Hogan paced around the ring, taking his time on delivering his offense to Bundy, knowing that one false move could perhaps cost him the match or even injure his broken ribs more. Bundy, on the other hand, wasted no time in going after Hogan, he delivered his usual crushing blows and soon managed to get Hogan trapped in the corner of the turnbuckles. Bundy was aggressive on Hogan's ribs, he delivered shot after shot to Hogan, who looked as though he could barely stand up. Bundy soon delivered a Body Splash to Hogan in the turnbuckles, knocking the breath out of The Hulkster.

The fans began stomping their feet, hoping for some sort of comeback by their hero. Bobby Heenan at ringside, would find the punishment quite amusing and was constantly telling the crowd to shut their faces. Bundy rebounded off of the ropes and attempted another body splash on Hogan, who was laying down in the middle of the ring but Hogan would quickly roll out of the way. Bundy's impact to the mat, had him lying flat for a few seconds, giving Hogan much needed time to compose himself. Hogan began to stand tall again and the fans began to cheer once more for The Hulkster.

Bundy soon got up himself and attempted to throw some strikes at Hogan, which the first two would connect while the third one, Hogan caught. Hogan then dished out a few of his own strikes to Bundy's face and then looked to rebound off the ropes on Bundy was dazed. Hogan had hopes of connecting with the big boot, but before Hogan could raise his boot, Bundy ran through Hogan like he wasn't nothing. Bundy began to laugh at Hogan's attempt to defeat him and soon afterwards, attempted another Body Splash. The move connected and the referee made the count...

KICK-OUT!

Hogan had raised his arm up in time before the referee had his hand down on the mat for 3. Bobby Heenan was in disbelief, so was Bundy. Bundy began to argue with the referee about the call, as Hogan began to get up. Bundy would turn around to eat a big boot to the face. Hogan then took a second to flex in front of all his Hulkamaniacs before rebounding off the ropes to deliver the Big Legdrop. The referee counted the pin and after the hand hit the mat three times, Hogan was declared the winner and still WWF World Heavyweight champion.

Winner: Hulk Hogan

Match Time: 14:08

Finish: Big Legdrop by Hogan leads to the Pin.

Quote:

Despite the disadvantages and the overwhelming odds, Hulk Hogan somehow, someway, found the strength to pin King Kong Bundy and retain the WWF World Heavyweight championship. Bobby Heenan was clearly upset and at the same time, shocked. He couldn't believe that Hogan was standing in the ring holding the WWF World championship still, despite everything he threw at him. Bundy was still laid out in the ring, as Heenan decided to leave his client in there and leave the scene. Hogan celebrated in front of the sold-out crowd, who were the loudest that they have been all-night. The announce team talked about how wonderful of a scene this was that Hogan has finally overcome all the obstacles Bobby Heenan could throw at him and for a brief minute wondered, what is next for The Hulkster?

Quote:
The audience was now approaching the main event of the night, in which Jake Roberts and Nikita Koloff compete against one another to see who will walk out as this year's King of the Ring winner and receive a world title shot in August's PPV, Summerslam. Since this is a rivalry between both men who have a lot of heat against each other, a video package was played summing the build of the feud and some of the biggest points leading up this moment. The announce team made it clear that both men will not rest until one or the other have successfully defeated the other.

Quote:
King of the Ring Finals

Normal, Singles Match

Jake Roberts Vs. Nikita Koloff (/w Ivan Koloff)

This was it, the finals in which both men have worked tremendously hard to get too. Despite all the hard work and effort, only one men was going to take his rightful seat as king. Both Roberts and Koloff were exhausted in this one and it was obvious why, but they continued to fight on as though this was just the 1st round of the tournament. Roberts tried his best locking in holds, to somehow manage to wear the Russian brute out but they did no good. Nikita delivered a running shoulder tackle to stop Roberts in his tracks and he began to feed off the boos from the crowd. At times, it seemed like the boos were only making Nikita more physical and ruthless. He dominated Roberts for a few minutes until Roberts countered one of his moves and delivered an out of the blue, DDT. Roberts went for the pin but Nikita kicked out at 2. Roberts continued his offense for several minutes until he gave a 2nd DDT a chance only this time, it didn't connect. Nikita delivered a powerful scoop slam and followed it up with a knee stomp to the face. Ivan liked what he was watching and urged Nikita to keep going. He did just that, delivering several more punches and knee smashes to inflict as much pain to Roberts as possible. Eventually, Roberts couldn't hold his own and it soon became clear after 15 minutes that Roberts was about close to being down. Nikita Koloff delivered back to back finishing powerbombs and afterwards went for the pin...

It was over! Nikita Koloff successfully defeated Jake Roberts and became the 1987 King of the Ring winner.

Nikita Koloff is the 1987 King of the Ring Winner

Match Time: 16:43

Finish: Powerbomb by Nikita Koloff leads to Pin.

Quote:

And that concluded the 1987 King of the Ring tournament, as The Russian Alliance stood inside the ring celebrating Nikita's big win. WWF staff began to set up the ring with the crown, cape and chair. Once everything was set up, Nikita took a seat in his chair, as his uncle, Ivan Koloff put the crown on Nikita then declared him as "The Russian King" as he'll now be looking forward to facing whoever is the WWF World Heavyweight champion at this August’s pay-per-view, Summerslam. The commentators were shocked by Nikita's impressive wins and deemed him to perhaps be the biggest threat in the WWF. Vince McMahon did in fact made note that Randy Savage didn’t make his presence felt on the show and that may lead to some questioning for this Thursday’s Superstars of Wrestling.

The announce team inform the audience that that is all the time we got and to not miss this Thursday's Superstars of Wrestling to get all the latest from the backlash of this year's pay-per-view.

PPV Buy Rate: 0.51 (259,282 Buys)

Overall Show Grade:

Quote:
Backstage News / Incidents / Opinions

• Bob Orton Jr has reportedly went to management about the way he's been booked as of late and has requested to receive several wins. Whether this rumor is true remains unknown, but Orton's win-loss record can back this up as being true. While on the other hand, Orton brought shock value by helping DiBiase win his match against Tito Santana.

• Reports have come in late Sunday night after the PPV that 'Superstar' Billy Graham was backstage and that he could be making a return any day now that he's fully recovered from his hip injury.

Quote:
OOC: I apologized for having this posted late, several things came it's way, which interfered in me reviewing this before having it get posted. I appreciate the predictions and was very happy with the turnout. I honestly like the feedback a lot, so thanks! I noticed that only ink625 predicted correctly that Savage would not show up. Which will certainly be explained in the weeks leading to the next PPV, Bashed in the USA. Thanks again everybody, hope you all enjoy the show!