View Single Post

Unread 06-24-2018, 12:27 PM
Hall of Fame

MAY 2017, WEEK 2…

Show Rating: (89)

Pre-Show Match: The Mavericks defeated Local Enhancement Talents with a 'Tiger Claw DDT' (49)

Announce Team:

Peter Michaels, Tom Townsend and 'RDJ' Ricky Dale Johnson

'The Young Gun' Ricky DeColt opened the show tonight, fresh off a big tag team match win last week...

Ricky said he is looking forward to his Championship Match at Mid Summer Madness in one month...

Ricky DeColt: “I don't care WHO Alex (DeColt) chooses as the fourth man in that match... I'm going to win it, and become NOTBPW Canadian Champion!! But before that... this Saturday at Glory... I have to get past Tim Westybrook... He's a big, strong, veteran of this company... But I'm younger... I'm quicker... and I'm damn sure smarter...!!”

Before all of that though, we have a show to get to... and Ricky DeColt stated that he wanted to be part of the show...

Ricky DeColt: “So tonight... I'm proposing a 1 on 1 match with my brother!! Not Jack... NOT Alex... But STEVE DeCOLT!! In the Main Event!!”

The crowd cheered, but their cheers turned to boos when Tim Westybrook headed through the curtain...

From the safety of the stage, Westybrook spoke about Ricky's desire to take on Steve DeColt tonight...

Tim Westybrook: “Oh yeah... You're smarter than me Ricky... So much smarter... You're so smart that instead of resting up, and preparing for our match this Saturday... You'd like to take a match against one of the most decorated Champions in the world... He is a SEVEN TIME World Champion... There aren't many men who can say that!!”

(NOTE: I could only find Sam Strong (8), Sean McFly (7), Dan Stone Jr. (7), Luis Montero Snr. (9), Sam Keith (10)! If anyone knows of any more, I'd be interested to hear them!)

Westybrook ended the segment by saying he'd be watching the Main Event VERY closely...

We saw a quick video clip of last week, where Sean Deeley, Aaron Andrews and Sonny Wildside DREW in a Triple Threat Match!

In the match, Deeley's fellow 'Shooters' attacked Andrews and Wildside, leading to the referee to call for the disqualification...

In a Triple Threat Match, the normal rule is that there are no rules... But this attack was just pure chaos...

We still don't know the name of James Hernandez's opponent for the TV Title this Saturday at Glory...

w/
Aaron Andrews, Sonny Wildside & James Hernandez [vs] Ernest Youngman, Dean Waldorf & Marv Statler w/ Sean Deeley

Three ultra-talented fan favourites teaming up here, and they all seemed to get on really well in this match. Aaron Andrews spent a long time in the ring, and was controlled by the Ring Generals in particular. Their tag team experience paid dividends throughout, and they looked like they were going to carry their team to victory. However, the inexperienced Ernest Youngman made a crucial error in boasting too much, and Andrews was able to fight his way back into it. A 'hot-tag' to James Hernandez saw the Television Champion come in and change the momentum completely! In the end, Youngman was pinned after Sonny Wildside hit his 'Fear Factor' from the top rope!

Winners: Aaron Andrews, Sonny Wildside & James Hernandez
Rating: 75
Finish: 'Fear Factor' (Moonsault Stomp)

Sean Deeley got into the ring at the conclusion of the match, and started taking fan favourites down...

Deeley and his 'Shooters' were on the war path, and they didn't stop until everyone was down... Deeley then grabbed a microphone...

Sean Deeley: “Hey Alex... Alex DeColt... You KNOW that match shouldn't have been thrown out last week... You KNOW that Triple Threat Matches are NO DISQUALIFICATION...!! So I want to KNOW... What are you going to DO about it...?!”

Deeley didn't have to wait long... Alex DeColt arrived on the stage, and said he had a solution to the problem...

Alex said he knows things were convoluted last week, but things are a lot clearer now... He asked Andrews, Wildside and Hernandez to stay out of the ring...

Alex DeColt: “The fact is, the referee made a BAD call... Even though I disagree with your actions, the match should NOT have been thrown out like that... So my only course of action, is to both punish, AND reward you Sean... Your reward, is a Title shot... Against James Hernandez, at Glory...”

Deeley was delighted... He asked what the punishment was... He gulped, due to recent events involving Alex DeColt...

Alex DeColt: “Don't worry... I'm not going to fire anyone... But your PUNISHMENT... Is that in the interest of fairness... I'm adding Aaron Andrews AND Sonny Wildside to that match!! And although it's a Fatal Four Way, and there 'are no rules'... I'm making a rule right now... IF Ernest Youngman... Dean Waldorf... Or Marv Statler interfere... Then you WILL be fired!!”

Alex made the ruling, and now we have a Four Way Match for the Television Championship...!!

We saw a wrestler profile next for, 'Mighty' Danny Cavanagh...!

The announce team commented that this could be the last we see of the strong 290lber...

At Glory this Saturday, Danny Cavanagh will go 1 on 1 with the undefeated 'Monster' Gargantuan!!

It'll be Gargantuan's toughest test to date, but so far he has overcome every obstacle put in front of him... With ease...!!

'All Business' Harrison Hash [vs] 'Gentleman' Lord James King

Harrison Hash has been in very good form in 2017, racking up wins, and putting on good matches. This was more of the former than the latter, as he and Lord James King don't really click as opponents. The finish was excellent again from Hash though. He lifted King up for his 'Century Suplex' (delayed vertical), and then as he let King down, he let him land upright on his feet, and he locked him in his 'Montreal Deep Sleeper' finisher!

Winner: 'All Business' Harrison Hash
Rating: 65
Finish: 'Montreal Deep Sleeper'

Backstage, Aldous Blackfriar and his friend/bodyguard Mutant were in a dimly lit room... Mutant was stood behind Aldous with his arms folded...

Aldous said that there are some things he can let slide... and some things he simply can not...

Aldous Blackfriar: “Example Number One... 'Mighty' Danny Cavanagh eliminated Mutant and I from the Super Slam Battle Royale last month... That match was 'every man, for himself'... Cavanagh has no allegiance to me, or Mutant... So I CAN let that one slide... But last week, Example Number Two, simply can NOT go unpunished...!!”

Aldous was referring to the incident last week, where he was interrupted from his meditation by Donte Dunn and Erik Strong...

Aldous Blackfriar: “People who know me, know that I am a cool... calm... calculated man, who will get to the top of this industry at my own pace... In my own way... I did not get to be like this by chance... or fate... or because of who my father is... It took hard work, and a strict diet... and an even stricter meditation regime... So when that regime was interrupted last week... Mutant and I LOST our cool... and we do NOT apologise...!!”

Mutant added that he and Aldous would face Dunn and Strong at Glory this Saturday... and they will make them PAY for their small-mindedness...

'Mr. Impact' Hugh Ancrie [vs] 'The Monster' Gargantuan

Gargantuan was mentioned earlier in the show, as someone who has the ability to overcome any and all obstacles put in his way. This was not really one of those obstacles. Hugh Ancrie put up a fight, but he was never going to be the man to end Gargantuan's 16 month undefeated streak. In the end, he fell to the 'Ultimate Backbreaker'.

Winner: 'The Monster' Gargantuan
Rating: 79
Finish: 'Ultimate Backbreaker' (Military Press Drop onto Knee)

NOTBPW General Manager Alex DeColt was being interviewed backstage by Katie Cameron next...

As any good broadcaster should, Katie asked Alex the question on everyone's lips: Who is the fourth man in the Main Event of Mid Summer Madness...?!

Alex DeColt: “Katie... Good job... That's why I still employ you... But alas, I'm going to keep my cards close to my chest on this one... All you, and everyone else needs to know... Is that in the Main Event at the biggest event of 2017 – Mid Summer Madness, there will be... a DeColt in every corner...!!”

Katie's next question was also a good one, she asked about Dan DaLay's Tweet last week, and what it means to him!!

Alex DeColt: “Nothing... Nothing at all... As far as I'm concerned, this is a desperate man attempting to pull a desperate stunt... to try and get himself... his best friend... and his son, re-hired here to NOTBPW... But I can tell you now... That is NOT going to happen!!”

Alex was the one who seemed desperate... He looked hot under the collar when Katie asked him that one...

His demeanour changed completely from the first question, where he looked calm, and in control... This one rattled him...

The arrival of his brother: NOTBPW Canadian Champion: Jack DeColt, also didn't help his nerves...

Jack said he'd reeeeally like to know the answer to both of those questions too... But Alex said no...

He said, as it regards the Main Event of Mid Summer Madness, that Jack would find out when everyone else does...!!

We saw another promo for British newcomer Wade Orson next...

Many have tipped Orson for future stardom... Due in part to his muscular 6'5, 270lb physique and his endless natural charisma...

We learned this week that Orson was initially approached to sign for NOTBPW in time for the Super Slam Battle Royale...

The hope was, he'd be a surprise entrant and make his debut... Much like Aaron Andrews...

However Orson became the subject of a three-way 'bidding war' between 21CW, NOTBPW, and USPW!!

He'll arrive soon... And when he does, the landscape North of the Border will get another big shake-up...

The CanAm Blondes (Owen Love & The Natural) [vs] The Stone Brothers (Duane & Edd Stone)

This match was a battle of the veterans in many ways. Owen Love, The Natural, and Duane Stone have been around for a long time, and have all worked in NOTBPW on and off for decades. Debuting at the age of 18, Edd Stone is a 12 year veteran in his own right, and it made for a compelling match. Love and Natural controlled Edd for a little while, much to the joy of the fans. But a tag to the 'Rock Solid' Duane Stone allowed Edd a much-needed breather on the apron. Duane used his size and thick frame to keep Owen Love down, and in the end, he hit Love with his 'From Canada With Love' after Edd got rid of The Natural with a harsh looking drop kick to the knee!!

Winners: The Stone Brothers (Duane & Edd Stone)
Rating: 89
Finish: 'From Canada With Love' (Spinebuster)

The Stone Brothers celebrated their win by arrogantly standing over Owen Love... The Natural wasn't happy with their actions!!

He pushed Edd, and Duane had to hold his brother back... But Edd and Duane smiled when Cameron Vessey and Christian Prices' music hit...

Vessey and Price slowly climbed into the ring as The Natural helped up a beaten up Owen Love... The two blondes got ready for a fight...

From behind, Edd Stone delivered a vicious low blow to Natural!! Love had nowhere to go... Once again, Duane Stone pulled Edd away...

Vessey and Price then began a 2 on 2 attack on the CanAm Blondes, but it was an unfair fight... as the Stones watched on...

But the attack didn't last long...

Thrill Seeker and Jacob Jett arrived on the stage with their NOTBPW Tag Team Titles in their hands...

They removed their jackets, and dropped the Belts on the ramp... before sprinting to the ring for the save!!

Vessey and Price scattered after a short fight, and the events seemed to be over, with World's Most Wanted standing tall in the ring...

But The Stone Brothers weren't done there... They walked up the ramp and picked up the NOTBPW Tag Team Titles...

This Saturday at Glory, The Stones will take on World's Most Wanted for the Titles... when this segment ended, Duane and Edd held the Belts high above their heads...

Backstage, newcomer Solomon Gold was walking through a corridor, when he bumped into fellow young wrestler Sonny Wildside...

Wildside offered a handshake to Gold, and told him he was impressed with his debut match last week...

Sonny Wildside: “You impressed me last week man... and you impressed all of the NOTBPW fans, I can assure you of that... Harrison Hash is a tough first opponent... But you hung in there well... You should be proud of yourself...”

Gold was appreciative of the comments, but both youngsters got a huge shock when Steve DeColt turned up after coming around the corner..

Steve seemed to give both men his seal of approval with a knowing nod... Grins beamed across both of their faces...

He then said they'd both go far in this business... Just get their heads down and work hard... and keep their feet on the ground...

'The Anvil' Mark Griffin [vs] 'The Man Beast' Akima Brave

Mark Griffin is NOT a small man. In fact, he's taller and slightly heavier than the Samoan Savage Akima Brave. But that didn't stop Brave from throwing Griffin around the ring. The intensity at which Brave works makes him a force to be reckoned with each and every time he steps into the ring. Tonight, he put Griffin away with a brutal looking headbutt from the top rope called the 'Suicide Diving Headbutt'.

Winner: 'The Man Beast' Akima Brave
Rating: 71
Finish: 'Suicide Diving Headbutt' (to standing opponent)

After the match was over, Brave took the liberty of grabbing himself a microphone...

'The Man Beast' told the fans in attendance that he was ready... To become a Champion in NOTBPW...

Akima Brave: “This Saturday at Glory... It looks like all the Champions' matches are decided... So in my 'warm up match'... ahead of the inevitable Title Match I'm owed... for all my hard work... I will make an OPEN CHALLENGE... To ANYONE, in the back... Come and fight me at Glory... If you dare!!”

Brave laid the microphone down, and stomped to the back... Walking past the hurt Mark Griffin and snarling at him...!!

A lot of people had been waiting for this... An update on some of the men Alex DeColt fired a few weeks ago...

Dan DaLay, Derek Frost, and Dan's son Robin were all unceremoniously sacked, the night after Super Slam...

All three had impressed the previous night in the Super Slam Battle Royale, but it wasn't their performance that got them fired...

Dan had complained that his son's work was so good, he should be brought to the Main Roster, but he wasn't a 'DeColt', and so wouldn't debut...

Alex fired him on the spot... and his tag team partner Derek Frost... and his son got fired from developmental too!!

Since then, fans have been asking what happened to the three... and now, we got to find out... We cut to a video package, filmed at their NEW place of work...

A backdrop of very sad music, and a slow, monotone voice-over, the three men were shown filling shelves at a grocery store... But this was no ordinary grocery store...

As the voice-over explained... This... was 'Frostland'... A chain of stores owned by none other, than Derek Frost!!

None of the three men looked happy about being there... Working a 'regular' job didn't suit any of them... and neither did the uniform and name tags they wore with no pride at all...

The voice-over revealed that NEXT WEEK on Championship Wrestling, Dan DaLay and Alex DeColt will have crunch talks...

Alex has called for the talks, following DaLay's cryptic tweet, where he threatened to reveal a secret that Alex has been keeping... But what will Alex do to silence DaLay...?!

'The Outsider' Steve DeColt [vs] 'The Young Gun' Ricky DeColt

This match wasn't quite as good as their encounter from six weeks ago, but both DeColt Brothers will be happy with their work here. Steve DeColt controlled his younger brother Ricky (DeColt) for large portions of the match, using his size and strength advantage to good effect. But Ricky isn't as far behind his brother as he used to be, in terms of size, so he was able to fight back into it well. Nobody could tell who was going to win this one, as both men hit all of their trademark offence. Ricky even hit his 'DeColt .45' super kick on the outside of the ring!! But by the time he'd rolled Steve back into the ring, his brother had recovered enough to kick out at the last second! Ricky was exhausted by the end of the battle, and his fatigue caused him to walk onto a 'DeColt Stampede' that he might otherwise have been able to avoid!

Winner: 'The Outsider' Steve DeColt
Rating: 89
Finish: 'DeColt Stampede' (Big Boot)

A big win for Steve DeColt over his youngest brother Ricky there... And both men have slightly different roads to Mid Summer Madness...

Ricky will battle Tim Westybrook this Saturday at Glory, knowing a loss will throw the Main Event of MSM into complete turmoil!!

While Steve will be face-to-face with his brother Jack DeColt in a Six-Man Tag Team Main Event with The CanAm Blondes and Cameron Vessey & Christian Price for company...

Glory is this Saturday, so keep an eye out for Prediction Quick Picks...

Coming soon...

Andrews, Wildside & Hernandez [def.] Youngman & The Ring Generals
Harrison Hash [def.] Lord James King
Gargantuan [def.] Hugh Ancrie
The Stone Brothers [def.] The CanAm Blondes
Akima Brave [def.] Mark Griffin
Steve DeColt [def.] Ricky DeColt

The SWF World Heavyweight Title changed hands this week... 'Big Cat' Brandon James losing the Gold to Canadian veteran Frederique Antonio Garcia...

One half of the current NOTBPW Tag Team Champions: Thrill Seeker has been the subject of the latest bidding war following his current contract entering its final month... USPW have already pulled out of the battle, but SWF and TCW are said to be very keen to bring the 36 year old to their roster. After a great 18 months, Seeker's stock in Canada has never been higher... But in the USA, he's a relatively unknown commodity at this stage...

Going to be taking a week or so off, because I'll soon be off on my HONEYMOON!!! That's right b****s... I got MARRIED!!! Someone actually wanted to become Mrs. Lloyd!!! But I'll be back... I have the next THREE episodes of Championship Wrestling FULLY written, plus the Glory pay-per-view also finished... So there's plenty more to come, and I'll continue writing when I'm back from Tenerife.

Thoughts and comments on the show, and the direction of the company are much appreciated...