View Single Post
Unread 05-11-2018, 11:54 AM
Hall of Fame

Firstly, many thanks for all your predictions... And secondly, screw you all for guessing Aaron Andrews... I'm blaming DoMo-B for this!!

APRIL 2017, WEEK 3…

Show Rating: (81)

Pre-Show Match: Akima Brave defeated Hugh Ancrie with a 'Suicide Diving Headbutt' (59)

Announce Team:

Peter Michaels, Tom Townsend and 'RDJ' Ricky Dale Johnson

With just three nights until Super Slam, this edition of NOTBPW Championship Wrestling kicked off as it often does, with DeColts in the ring...

Jack had a microphone, and told the fans that he feels he needed a 'tune up' ahead of his Canadian Title defence this Saturday!!

Jack DeColt: “I haven't actually had a match since the (DeColt) Wrestle Festival... and I feel like I need to stay fresh... Yu know?! Stay sharp... So I'm issuing an OPEN CHALLENGE to anyone in that locker room to fight me tonight, in the Main Event...”

At this, Ricky DeColt grabbed a microphone, and told Jack he'd gladly be his 'tune-up', but Jack said an emphatic NO!!

Jack DeColt: “Come to think of it... If your surname is DeColt... Or Stone, for that matter, I don't want to hear from you... So Steve (DeColt)... You are NOT eligible to accept MY challenge... Understand...?!”

Jack and Ricky left the ring, and on the stage, they passed the NOTBPW Tag Team Champions – World's Most Wanted!!

World's Most Wanted (Thrill Seeker & Jacob Jett) [vs] The Mavericks (John Maverick & Julian Watson)

After a string of good performances from John Maverick and Julian Watson, they knew they were on the cusp of earning a Tag Team Title shot. A victory here, over the Champions, would earn them just that! However, there aren't many tag teams more talented in the world than World's Most Wanted. Thrill Seeker in particular was on fire tonight, and showed no signs of slowing down late on! His stamina levels are excellent and he kept just enough in the tank for a late flurry! He tagged in Jacob Jett at the end, who hit his 'Jett Take Off' from the top rope to score the win!

Winners: World's Most Wanted (Thrill Seeker & Jacob Jett)
Rating: 76
Finish: 'Jett Take Off' (Coupe de Grace)

The NOTBPW Tag Team Champions celebrated their victory, but they were jumped from behind by Edd and Duane Stone!!

Using tactics that you just don't see a Stone Family member use, Edd and Duane beat the snot out of Thrill Seeker and Jacob Jett!!

Referees and officials had to run out to stifle the attack, as Edd and Duane shouted that they're IN the Battle Royale!!

w/
'The Barbadian Barbarian' Donte Dunn [vs] 'Dark Watch' Aldous Blackfriar w/ Mutant

These two men couldn't be much more different in the ring. Donte Dunn is a fun-loving, happy-go-lucky competitor, who doesn't look like he has a care in the world. Aldous Blackfriar looks like he could lead an army to carry out his dirty work. He's got one man on his books though, and that man: Mutant, did his fair share tonight. He hit a brutal 'Brick Wall Clothesline', where Dunn ran right into him! Blackfriar got Mutant to roll him into the ring, and then he immediately locked Dunn in his 'Batwing' finisher, and he tapped out straight away!

Winner: 'Dark Watch' Aldous Blackfriar w/ Mutant
Rating: 71
Finish: 'Batwing' (Crossface Chickenwing)

Aldous Blackfriar looks like a dominant singles competitor... and with Mutant in his corner, he could go far here in NOTBPW...

At the Super Slam Battle Royale, if they're in the match at the same time, they could go all the way!!

Backstage, Steve DeColt ran into his brother Ricky... 'The Outsider' wanted to talk to his young brother...

Steve asked Ricky why he takes so much crap from their other brother: Canadian Champion Jack DeColt...

Steve DeColt: “You should stand up for yourself more man... You were amazing in our match two weeks ago... You should show Jack how great you are in that ring... Show him you're more than just... a 'lacky'... You should enter the Super Slam Battle Royale... You could win it!!”

At that moment, 'All Business' Harrison Hash walked up to the pair of DeColts...

Hash said he heard Jack DeColt's challenge at the top of the show, and asked that Ricky pass on a message for him...

He said that HE is accepting Jack's challenge... and he'd see Jack out there in tonight's Main Event...!!

Steve DeColt: “Run along Ricky boy... Go be a good little errand boy and tell Jack who HE is wrestling against in the Main Event tonight, instead of you...”

Ricky looked angry with Steve's comments, but in truth, he knew his older brother was right... and he hated that fact even more!!

Johnny Bloodstone & Jared Johnson [vs] Dan DaLay & Derek Frost

No explanation needed as to why the veteran duo of Dan DaLay and Derek Frost won this match. Johnny Bloodstone and Jared Johnson are on their way out of NOTBPW very soon, while DaLay and Frost are here to stay. DaLay hit his brutal finisher: 'DaLay Down', and headbutted Johnson right on the cheekbone. Big win for the old-timers.

Winners: Dan DaLay & Derek Frost
Rating: 82
Finish: 'DaLay Down' (Headbutt)

Backstage, The CanAm Blondes were in the trainer's room... The Natural was struggling with a sore back...

In last week's Main Event, The Natural landed hard on the ring steps thanks to Cameron Vessey and Christian Price...

Owen Love was concerned that The Natural's back injury wouldn't be healed by Saturday and their match with the two young studs...

But Natural insisted he would be fine by then... He said the pain is getting less with each day, and he's itching to teach those kids a lesson!!

Love seemed unsure if Natural was telling the truth... but he knew his partner's intentions were good...

'The Anvil' Mark Griffin [vs] 'The Monster' Gargantuan

A very one-sided contest here featuring easily the biggest, and strongest man on the roster. Gargantuan is more 'beast' than man, as he towers over even the bulky 6'5” Mark Griffin. He put Griffin away in under 6 minutes with his brutal 'Ultimate Backbreaker' finisher!

Winner: 'The Monster' Gargantuan
Rating: 79
Finish: 'Ultimate Backbreaker' (Military Press Drop onto Knee!)

After the match, Gargantuan had his hand somewhat raised by the referee, and then out of nowhere, Trent Shaffer attacked!!

Shaffer's arrival took Gargantuan by surprise, and the plucky 222lber made a good showing of himself...

For about 20 seconds...

As soon as Gargantuan regained his bearings, Shaffer was no match for the angry 'Monster'...

A scoop slam, followed by a running powerslam kept Shaffer down... But Gargantuan wasn't done there...

He lifted Shaffer up with ease above his head, and dropped him down for the 'Ultimate Backbreaker'!!

Shaffer was done... Completely unable to move...
Peter Michaels: “Wow... I mean just, total domination from Gargantuan!!”
RDJ: “Maggles... Two things... This was a 'surprise' attack from Trent Shaffer... He had the element of surprise... and second... Gargantuan just competed in a damn match... and he threw Shaffer around like he was NOTHING!!”
Tom Townsend: “About ten minutes ago, we saw The Natural complaining about a bad back... I'd like to see how he feels if he got hit by that 'Ultimate Backbreaker'...!”
Peter Michaels: “He's left Shaffer laying... He's done... Just done!!!”
The segment ended with EMTs scraping Shaffer's lifeless body off the mat, and putting him onto a stretcher...

Nobody seemed to care about Mark Griffin...

We took a look at a NOTBPW Wrestler Profile next... This one for NOTBPW's youngest DeColt brother: Ricky DeColt!

Quote:

Ever since he got to NOTBPW, Ricky DeColt has been aligned with his older brother: 'Wild Man' Jack DeColt...

The brothers arrived and helped Steve DeColt in his war with The Stones... But recently cracks are beginning to show...

Steve has questioned Ricky's reasoning for following Jack around... and has put question marks into Ricky's head...

Ricky had a fantastic performance against Steve a few weeks ago... in the Main Event...

Steve believes Ricky is worth more than being a lackey to Jack... But will he listen...?! And will he enter the Battle Royale at Super Slam...?!
We may or may not find out the answer to that particular question... later in the show...

'Mainstream' James Hernandez [vs] 'Shooter' Sean Deeley w/ The Shooters

James Hernandez was always going to be up against it tonight, in there against a man who surrounds himself with young, like-minded talents. 'Shooter' Sean Deeley is a crafty competitor too, and in the ring, there aren't many better. But tonight, against the numbers advantage and against all the odds, Hernandez was better! He hit his 'Apparition #14' as Deeley came off the top rope in a brutal looking move!

Winner: 'Mainstream' James Hernandez
Rating: 81
Finish: 'Apparition #14'

James Hernandez with the win, but that wasn't the end of the story... Sean Deeley's men attacked!!

Marv Statler, Dean Waldorf and Ernest Youngman jumped Hernandez, and beat the heck out of him...

But Hernandez got some help, from the man 'The Shooters' did the same to last week!!

Sonny Wildside ran to the ring with a steel chair and started swinging!! He sent Sean Deeley's men running, and he was furious...

He stood over James Hernandez, and reached out to shake his hand, but out of nowhere, another man arrived!!

Big Tim Westybrook blasted Wildside from behind, and the chair went flying out of his hand... He fell on the floor next to Hernandez...

Westybrook picked Hernandez up, and span him around for the 'TNT Whirlwind' (Deep Six), before The Shooters all flooded back into the ring...

FIVE on two now, until Hernandez and Wildside got some assistance too...

Mighty Cavanagh's music hit, and he ran to the ring... 'Shooter' Sean Deeley sent The Ring Generals to meet him, and he ploughed them over!!

Ernest Youngman was then removed from the ring by big Cavanagh... Before he glared at Tim Westybrook and James Hernandez...

Westybrook, Hernandez and Cavanagh will meet at Super Slam this Saturday Night, for the Television Title... but they'll also all be in the Battle Royale...

Speaking of which, pretty soon all eight men began brawling in the ring again in a preview for Super Slam!! Until...

A strange entrance music hit...

One the NOTBPW Audience had never heard before...

And then this guy arrived...

Peter Michaels: “AARON ANDREWS IS HERE!!”
Tom Townsend: “OOOOoooohhhhh MYYYYyyyyy!!”
RDJ: “Guys... I've wrestled this kid... he is LEGIT!! He's here on NOTBPW Television... He's standing on the stage, and he's... He's got the whole ring just standing there... watching him...”
Peter Michaels: “Yeah GREAT point 'RD'... When those eight guys started fighting, I thought it wouldn't end... but Aaron Andrews has the whole crowd... and everyone in the ring... in awe!!”
A loud chant of 'AARON AWESOME' began ringing through the audience... as they showed their appreciation for the new signing...

Aaron Andrews is HERE, and it looks as though he'll be competing in the Super Slam Battle Royale this Saturday!!

Our final piece of business before Saturdays HUGE pay-per-view extravaganza, was tonight's Main Event...

'All Business' Harrison Hash [vs] 'Wild Man' Jack DeColt

When Harrison Hash accepted this challenge, he would have expected Ricky DeColt to accompany his brother Jack to the ring, but Ricky didn't show up. Jack didn't seem to know where his brother was, but he knew he had a tough match to focus on, and so he went about his business. He may be a 'Wild Man', but when he's in the ring he has a very large 'Ring IQ'. He knew a counter for just about every move Hash attempted, and eventually hit his 'End Of Days' finisher after around 14 minutes!

Winner: 'Wild Man' Jack DeColt
Rating: 76
Finish: 'End Of Days' (Like Baron Corbin)

Jack DeColt with the victory at the end of the match... but that wasn't the end of the show... Jack's rival and brother Steve arrived!!

Steve and Jack glared at one another with Steve in the ring, and Jack walking backwards up the ramp, holding his head!!

Jack seemed like he was leaving, but a HUGE smile crept across his face, when his other brother Ricky's music hit...

Jack's demeanour changed when Ricky arrived, and he looked as though the two of them would head to the ring...

But Ricky told him to wait, and he had a microphone with him...

Ricky DeColt: “Jack... Stop... I'm not going anywhere with you bro... I've told you before, I can't accompany you to the ring on Saturday either...”

Jack was stunned, as Steve DeColt leant over the top rope to listen in...

Ricky DeColt: “I wanted to say this to your face... and this is NOT because Steve (DeColt) said I should... But this Saturday... I'M ENTERING... THE SUPER SLAM BATTLE ROYALE!!! And when I win... I'm going to Mid Summer Madness... and I'm beating whichever one of YOU two wins this Saturday!!!”

Peter Michaels: “MY goodness!! Ricky DeColt is IN The Battle Royale gentlemen!!”
Tom Townsend: “Well I think we just got ourselves a new favourite for this Saturday's 30-man match!!”
RDJ: “I can't believe this... I thought I knew how this one was going to go... and I thought Ricky was Jack's best friend... His brother in arms... Literally!!”
The announce team were shocked... The crowd were shocked... but Jack DeColt was beside himself as we went off the air!!

World's Most Wanted [def.] The Mavericks
Aldous Blackfriar [def.] Donte Dunn
Dan DaLay & Derek Frost [def.] Johnny Bloodstone & Jared Johnson
Gargantuan [def.] Mark Griffin
James Hernandez [def.] Sean Deeley
Jack DeColt [def.] Harrison Hash

BONUS:
What is the identity of my new HUGE signing from one of the 'big three' US Companies...?! AARON ANDREWS

No news update this week... Just to say I'm really pleased with the signing of Aaron Andrews. His stats are really strong for such a young man... I can see him going far in NOTBPW. He was also horrifically under-used by TCW. Competing in just 8 matches in 2016. Two of which - one a multi-person tag team match, was on pay-per-view

Last edited by The Lloyd : 05-11-2018 at 12:02 PM.