View Single Post

Unread 05-07-2018, 08:10 AM
Hall of Fame

APRIL 2017, WEEK 2...

Show Rating: (83)

Pre-Show Match: Hugh Ancrie defeated Mark Griffin with a 'Crying Game' (Rolling German Suplex) (59)

Announce Team:

Peter Michaels, Tom Townsend and 'RDJ' Ricky Dale Johnson

NOTBPW Canadian Champion: Jack DeColt and his brother Ricky strolled to the ring to open this weeks edition of NOTBPW Championship Wrestling...

As they walked out, a Tweet popped up on the screen from 'The Outsider' Steve DeColt...

Jack said that he got Steve's message... But that it was once again a mistake from his older... 'wiser'... brother...!!

Jack DeColt: “Oh you want to fight me at Super Slam Steve...?! You want me to name the stipulation...?! Well I'll tell you what... I WON'T fight you at Super Slam... But I'll WRESTLE you... I'll put my Canadian Title on the line... IN A WRESTLING MATCH!! None of this: No rules crap... I like rules... Rules are good... Rules are cool...”

Jack said a straight up wrestling match would suit a Champion like him!! And after Steve's performance in last weeks Main Event, Jack knows he'll need an 'edge'...

Jack DeColt: “I'm going to BEAT you Steve... Because OUR brother Ricky will be in MY corner...”

Ricky interrupted, and said that he might be a little pre-occupied at Super Slam...!! Jack didn't seem to know what he was talking about...

Just as the announce team began to speculate on what Ricky was saying, Steve DeColt arrived!!

Steve said that after last week, he gained a TON of respect for Ricky... Their 99 rated Main Event as opponents was an instant classic...

'The Outsider' then told Ricky that his 'beef' is not with him... He suggested Ricky leave the ring... because he was coming for Jack!!

Steve ran to the ring, and as he got there, Ricky climbed out... Jack saw his brother desert him, and calmly did the same before Steve could get his hands on him!!

Jack pointed to his head, and put his arm around Ricky... Claiming it was their plan all along, and that Ricky is a genius!!

w/
'Mainstream' James Hernandez [c] [vs] 'The Ice Man' Derek Frost w/ Dan DaLay

An excellent couple of weeks for James Hernandez, as the Television Champion made another successful defence of his Title. Derek Frost, much like his tag team partner Dan DaLay, gave a good showing of himself here. He overpowered and tried to bully Hernandez, but the man known as 'Mainstream' exploded into life late on. Eventually hitting 'Apparition #14'!

Winner: and STILL NOTBPW Television Champion: 'Mainstream' James Hernandez
Rating: 75
Finish: 'Apparition #14' (Spear)

James Hernandez will learn his opponent or opponents for Super Slam a little later tonight... But he's also IN the Super Slam Battle Royale!!

Backstage, Katie Cameron had (her current real life boyfriend) Thrill Seeker and (her current real life EX boyfriend) Jacob Jett with her!

Cameron asked the team known as 'World's Most Wanted' if they heard Edd and Duane Stone's challenge to them last week...

Jacob Jett: “Oh yeah we heard their challenge Katie... and we have a challenge for them too... See, we know that the 'Stone' name carries some weight around here... But they should know by now... In NOTBPW, you don't get given ANYTHING... So you want these Edd...?! Duane...?! You want our Championships...?! Come get them!!”

Thrill Seeker confirmed that both he AND Jacob Jett would be entering the Super Slam Battle Royale...

He suggested that Edd and Duane Stone confirm their inclusion too... Maybe World's Most Wanted will see them there...!!

Johnny Bloodstone and Jared Johnson [vs] The Mavericks (John Maverick and Julian Watson)

The Mavericks again came into this one with a point to prove. Last week, Jared Johnson called his former tag team partner Julian Watson, “John Maverick's B***h”, and Watson was not impressed by this. Late on, Maverick and Watson took Johnny Bloodstone out by slamming him hard into the ring steps. Maverick then locked Johnson in his 'Deadly Silence' while Watson shouted: “Who's Maverick's B***h now?!”.

Winners: The Mavericks (John Maverick and Julian Watson)
Rating: 73
Finish: 'Deadly Silence' (Sleeper)

We took a look at a wrestler profile next... for 'The 24 Hour Party Animal' Edd Stone...

Quote:

Edd Stone's mission statement is clear in NOTBPW... Return honour to his 'family name'... STONE...

He hasn't done that in a way that has endeared him to the NOTBPW Fans though... Or to his fellow wrestlers...

To begin with, he was on the side of his brothers Dan, Jeremy, and Duane, as they battled The DeColt brothers at Winter War...

Since then though, we've seen a new side to Edd... He took out his brother-in-law Sean McFly... and then defeated him at the DeColt Wrestle Festival...

He also beat Dan and Jeremy, with Duane on his side, on Day Two of the same event!!

Now, Edd and Duane want to be NOTBPW Tag Team Champions... A Title Edd has so far NEVER captured...

'The Man Without Fear' Sonny Wildside made his way to the ring next... for the much anticipated contest against Ernest Youngman!

Wildside's catchphrase: 'IT'S TIME TO WALK, ON THE WILDSIDE' is really getting over with the fans... and it was no different tonight...

'The Man Without Fear' Sonny Wildside [vs] 'The Assassin of the Squared Circle' Ernest Youngman

This was an incredible outing for both of these young talents. Sonny Wildside is just 22 years old, while Ernest Youngman is only 24 himself. It was back and forth throughout, but Youngman made a big error late on. He attempted a German Suplex from the top rope, which would have won him the match. But Wildside fought him off and he landed with a thud in the middle of the ring. With Youngman laying prone, Wildside was looking to hit his 'Fear Factor' (Moonsault Stomp). But the match ended when someone shoved Wildside off the top rope!

Winner: 'The Man Without Fear' Sonny Wildside
Rating: 83 – MATCH OF THE NIGHT
Finish: 'Disqualification'

That someone, was DEAN WALDORF!! Sent to the ring by his 'mentor' and friend: 'Shooter' Sean Deeley...

Dean and his tag team partner Marv Statler were instructed to beat down Sonny Wildside, delivering stomps and punches to the youngster...

A worried looking Ernest Youngman pulled himself up in the opposite corner, as 'Shooter' Sean Deeley approached with a microphone...

Sean Deeley: “Ernest... Relax kid... We're not here to hurt you... Listen, the old saying goes: 'Two's Company... and Three's a Crowd'... right...?! Well how about 'Four's a Stable'!? How about YOU, become my fourth guy...!?”

Ernest Youngman was taken aback, but he just seemed glad he wasn't going to be beaten up...

Dean Waldorf and Marv Statler held Sonny Wildside for Youngman, and then threw him off the ropes for him to plant Wildside with 'The Hit' (Pounce)!!

Wildside was left battered and badly beaten by 'The Shooters'... Sean Deeley seemed happy with the latest addition to his 'Stable'...

'All Business' Harrison Hash [vs] 'Lord' James King

Harrison Hash is one of those wrestlers who truly live up to their nickname every time they go to the ring. He was 'All Business' tonight, and was fully focused on scoring the win over 'Lord' James King. King is a posh snob, who acts disgusted at every act of violence against him in the ring. However, he can dish out the violence with the best of them. In the end though, Hash delivered his 'Century Suplex', and there was no life left in James King.

Winner: 'All Business' Harrison Hash
Rating: 61
Finish: 'Century Suplex' (Delayed Vertical Suplex)

After the match, Harrison Hash walked round to the announce desk, and told Peter Michaels, Tom Townsend and 'RDJ' that he was IN the Battle Royale at Super Slam...

The match is beginning to fill up with big names and current and former Champions now!!

Speaking of adding names to the Super Slam Battle Royale, 'Dark Watch' Aldous Blackfriar was backstage with his 'bodyguard' Mutant next...

Aldous said that Super Slam would witness the moment the fans have ALL been waiting for...

Aldous Blackfriar: “Because Ladies and Gentlemen... My 'King of the Wasteland' MUTANT... Is going to compete in a match... The Super Slam Battle Royale will see my Mutant... AND... me... Aldous Blackfriar... compete in the 30-man match... IF we're in the ring together... Expect to see us work together... and go all... the... way...!!!”

At that moment, Erik Strong and Donte Dunn walked into shot... They potentially wished they hadn't, due to the ghastly stench coming off Mutant...

Donte Dunn could barely concentrate, the smell was that bad, but he had enough about him to speak to Aldous...

Donte Dunn: “Hey look uhh... We're ALSO in the Battle Royale... Hopefully, we DON'T see you... Or should I say, 'smell' you... out there!! Jeez!!”

Aldous Blackfriar and Mutant were FURIOUS and Donte Dunn's comments, and said they look forward to eliminating Dunn and Strong next Sunday!!

As for next week, Dunn will go 1 on 1 with Aldous...!!

'Cut Throat' Trent Shaffer [vs] 'The Man Beast' Akima Brave

This match started at a frantic pace, with Akima Brave hitting a brutal looking Samoan Drop! The pace didn't slow down for a long time either, with both men hitting kicks and strikes a plenty! For the finish, Trent Shaffer came off the top rope and hit a frog splash. He then grabbed Brave's arms, and then slammed down with a stomp to the chest he calls: 'Heart Burn'!

Winner: 'Cut Throat' Trent Shaffer
Rating: 76
Finish: 'Heart Burn' (chest stomp while lifting both arms up!)

Trent Shaffer wasn't finished for the night, and he slid out of the ring to grab a microphone...

Trent Shaffer: “I KNOW I CAN BEAT GARGANTUAN!! He's this... Unstoppable 'Monster'... Who... Who... Runs around the place, picking on guys smaller than him... Well I'm smaller than him... But he can't pick on ME... I'm gonna beat him... I'm gonna hand him, his first loss here in NOTBPW... and let's see how he recovers from that...”

At Super Slam... Trent Shaffer and Gargantuan will go 1 on 1 in a re-match from the DeColt Wrestle Festival...

The Main Event tonight was a jam-packed, star-studded affair... a Six Man Tag, featuring two of NOTBPW's hottest rivalries!!

Mighty Cavanagh & The Can Am Blondes [vs] Tim Westybrook, Cameron Vessey & Christian Price

Another hard-hitting affair, that began at the most frantic of paces. All six men were in the ring, and the rivalries between the two teams boiled over into a huge fight! It resembled the Battle Royale we're going to see in a couple of weeks, with bodies flying everywhere. The referee finally calmed things down, and we returned to a normal six-man tag team match. From then on, Tim Westybrook, Cameron Vessey and Christian Price looked a dominant force, and they isolated Mighty Cavanagh. For the finish, the Natural was brutally taken out by a super kick from Price, and he landed back first on the ring steps in a nasty bump. Owen Love was then isolated in the ring, and as Vessey and Price held Mighty Cavanagh, he was made to watch as Westybrook hit 'TNT Whirlwind' and pinned Love!

Winners: Tim Westybrook, Cameron Vessey & Christian Price
Rating: 81
Finish: 'TNT Whirlwind' (Baron Corbin's Deep Six)

A huge win for Tim Westybrook, Cameron Vessey and Christian Price... The CanAm Blondes' bad run of form continues...

At Super Slam in less than two weeks, we're going to see TWO matches involving the participants in this Main Event...

First, The CanAm Blondes have promised to end their slump, when they face Cameron Vessey and Christian Price...

Then, Tim Westybrook and Mighty Cavanagh will be in a Triple Threat Match for the Television Title, along with Champion James Hernandez!!

Westybrook, Cavanagh and Hernandez will be pulling double-duty that night, as all three will enter the Battle Royale!!

James Hernandez [def.] Derek Frost
The Mavericks [def.] Johnny Bloodstone and Jared Johnson
Sonny Wildside [def.] Ernest Youngman
Harrison Hash [def.] Lord James King
Trent Shaffer [def.] Akima Brave
Tim Westybrook, Cameron Vessey & Christian Price [def.] Mighty Cavanagh & The CanAm Blondes

I made a bit of an error here... A year ago, I signed a bunch of talented youngsters to fill out my developmental fed. For some reason, I always sign a one year contract for 'Developmental Deals'. So now, a LOT of guys contracts are coming up. And since I've built up guys like Ernest Youngman, Aldous Blackfriar, Mutant, The Ring Generals, and others, they're attracting the attention of SWF, USPW, and TCW!! I'm also trying to make one more signing for the Super Slam Battle Royale, but it isn't happening at the moment... I've lost Jared Johnson and Johnny Bloodstone... I missed out on Wolf Hawkins... and now my roster could be RIPPED apart!! Balls!!

Champagne Lover's contract is up for renewal... He can't work in the US or Canada though, so he resigned with SOTBPW...

My new signing is going to debut next week... I was going to save him for the Super Slam Battle Royale, but it's time... I've had him under contract for a while, waiting for the right time to bring him in... and it's now... He's a big, big name... and young... I'd be interested to see your guesses on who it is...